Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Whatever Victor had done to Nikki's car could've been a feint, or it could've been yet another plot point that went nowhere because the writers decided to go in a different direction. It seems TPTB didn't want Nikki involved in the story for whatever reason. Besides, Nikki has caused the death of enough people. She's basically a serial killer at this point.😏

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Just seeing replacement Chance today for the first time. MUCH better energy and he really resembles the guy who played Chance’s father! Was giving me flashbacks watching his scene with Nina.

They should find a way to ditch the other Chance. Especially during COVID, it will be nice to be able to have newlyweds who can actually touch and kiss.

Edited to add: now at the scene between him and Abby. It’s official, this guy does a much better job than official Chance.

Edited by lgprimes
Adding
  • Love 11

Surely professional decorators were hired and Esther didn't have to do all that herself. In fact, professional cleaners should have been sent in to give the mansion a good going over--at least the areas where the wedding party and guests would be.

Yay, Jill!

Please tell me Phyllis and Nick weren't wearing matching colors. 😒

Yay, Nina! Also, nice blowout. She has an impressive head of hair, assuming some of it isn't extensions.

And of course Abby was going all emo before her wedding. Wonder why she didn't get ready over at the mansion? At least Uncle Jack could've given her a good old-fashioned John Abbott-style pep talk.

I thought Mariah looked trés va-va-voom in a 1940s silver screen siren kind of way. Not a fan of her dress' fabric though. Is velvet or velour particularly in this season?

Abby left out a few guys in her sad walk down her romantic memory lane, hah, hah. Like that time she slept with Summer's husband and he ended up dead. 🤫

Nina as the "best mom"? Meh. Loved the mention of Ronan though. Too bad they couldn't get Jeff Branson back for an episode or two. Oy, that guy's deep voice was a real panty-dropper. 😋

Oh Victor, why would Billy not be at his niece's wedding? Stop looking for trouble on your daughter's special day.

Phyllis, get over yourself. This is the GC wedding of the century. The only way you alone could ruin it is if you parachuted in naked during the vows. Not trying to give you any ideas tho.

Looks like Nikki got her hair did sometime between having snacks at Society and arriving at the wedding. Very elegant.

Brad! Speaking of whom, wonder where the newlyweds will live after the wedding? It's not as if the bride doesn't have her own huge house sitting empty. The one she inherited from Brad. If friggin wealthy Abby moves into that dinky hotel room I might have to fly to GC and cut somebody. 🤨

Wonder why no one mentioned to Devon that his adoptive parents Dru and Neil were married at the Chancellor Mansion back in the day? Several of the people in the room attended that wedding.

So I'm guessing the wedding colors were shades of purple and gray or black? Ehhh, I'm iffy about women wearing black to weddings unless the ceremony is at night. I bet in another 20 years women wearing black to weddings will be frowned upon again. (Or perhaps sooner than that if these big superspreader weddings keep happening.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Brad! Speaking of whom, wonder where the newlyweds will live after the wedding? It's not as if the bride doesn't have her own huge house sitting empty. The one she inherited from Brad. If friggin wealthy Abby moves into that dinky hotel room I might have to fly to GC and cut somebody. 🤨

Mariah (I think it was) mentioned living in "that big mansion" referring to the Chancellor Mausoleum .  All I could think about was "What? They're going to be living with Chloe, Kevin, Bella, the baby and Esther? Come on!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Not gonna lie, it melted my heart when Chance asked Nina to be his best mom.   My son has always called me his “best mom,” as his term of endearment for me since he came into my care when he was 8 (going on 13 now, and on a good day I still get a best mom).  Maybe some day he will ask me to stand up for him at his wedding 🤣.  I mean he does think he is going to live in his bedroom forever, with his wife and dog (I hate dogs).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Of all of the choices for attire for Mariah, the wardrobe people thought THIS was the most flattering on her?! WTH? Mariah, you need to put your foot down at some point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Man, MO was bringing it today! I thought she did a great job. This should be her Emmy submission. FakeChance is not good at all. Give me real, hunky Chance. 

I did enjoy all the flashbacks and people mostly behaving. Phyllis still annoys me. I hope Nick doesn’t take her. 

• Love 5

Jill get bent.  Stop treating Esther like she’s less than human. Jill is another elitist who thinks her shit don’t stink. 

Why is Banana Breath rushing Phyllis to get dressed to go to the wedding when just about everyone else is not?  The first one dressed but the last one at the wedding especially after a quickie with Phyllis. 

It was great to see Abby’s hit parade of failed relationships but they left out few do to a time restriction. 

Nina reminds me of Tracy. They both are writers, around the same age, stature, and farts rainbows and unicorns. 

Abby is being ridiculous but I get where she’s coming from.  Abby is a pain in the ass but Chance knew that before he asked her to marry him. Yes, love is blind. 

Yes Victor, Abby has turned into something “special” almost as “special” as Banana Breath’s and Phyllis’ daughter Summer.  All the Newman and Abbott clan are “special” 😚

I never new that Bill Spencer was once Brad Carlton. He was handsome back then but age has made him even more handsome 😉

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The dress Mariah was wearing was one of the ugliest I’ve seen. It did her no favors, and the slit in front was way too high as I swear we caught a glimpse of her cash and prizes.  

Banana Breath still acts like a 14 year old who just discovered sex.  But with how greasy his hair is, I’m surprised he doesn’t slide off the pillow. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Cupid Stunt I’m still a little confused on this whole DD hit and run scenario. I remember it only as Adam swerved to keep from hitting the dog and stopped to see the dog running away.  I just remember a broken piece of amber plastic but not a broken headlight nor a dented quarter panel. Adam could only surmise that he hit DD because there was a piece of DD’s costume by his back door on the passenger side. The broken amber plastic could have been from a glancing blow to the dog. You said you went back and seen the actual CBS footage of the episode but was that from a recount of the accident in another episodes or the actual episode where the accident took place. The reason I was asking was because the hit and run accident was written by Josh Griffith and finished by Mal Young. I read that Josh Griffith, whose back as head writer, was unhappy with the way Mal took the hit and run story and is looking for a way to exonerate Adam.  CS, if I’m wrong than I would have to say that my memory is really fading. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shouldn’t he be involved in this wedding, though?  Is he still on cast?  I honestly don’t know or remember anymore!

He's not on cast anymore, though he has made a few pop up visits through Sharon's cancer storyline.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I like it!

Yeah me too. I really liked the dress on her but the slit was WAY high! I especially liked how the color caught the light and was kind of an iridescent.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I like it!

I think the upper part looks great on her!  Her arms looked so smooth, that part was very flattering.  I couldn’t pull it off, that’s for sure!  I also wonder how she kept it from being all splotchy which I feel like is the main issue with velvet.  

OMG!  Abby was beautiful!  I loved her dress, her head piece, her hair, her bouquet.  I even teared up a little when she was waking down the aisle (I cried at the end of GH yesterday, too....emotional much?). 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Have they given up on social distancing completely? So many characters were hugging and kissing today, it felt like this episode was taped in a world without covid. You'd think they'd be more careful considering the groom isn't even there since he's out sick with corona! 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I was disappointed in Abby’s entire look.  Their costumers must love high slits because so many characters are wearing them. I didn’t like the top slit that showed boobage——asymmetrical looks to be another costumer favorite.  Abby’s hair looked dirty and the bouquet looked like the weeds in my yard.  Overall, for me, it was a miss.  

I did like seeing the little snips of previous weddings and proposals. Nice touch. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Have they given up on social distancing completely? So many characters were hugging and kissing today, it felt like this episode was taped in a world without covid. You'd think they'd be more careful considering the groom isn't even there since he's out sick with corona! 

I haven't seen today's show yet but this is disappointing.  Yesterday it seemed they were doing a lot with camera angles but even then there were times that looked iffy.......

• Love 10
On 11/30/2020 at 2:30 AM, ezzylin said:

After reading all the posts about Adam Newman, I'm reminded why I believe that MAB was the worst head writer in Y&R history. Yes, I know that she's had some stiff competition, but given the fact that this is her FIL's legacy, she should have known better. IMHO, she always viewed the character Adam as expendable- he was a legacy character, a Newman, but not a "real" Newman like Victoria and Nick. Her only use for him was to fuck shit up, she did not care about character driven stories, it was all about shock value. It started with CEAdam and continued with MMAdam. From the moment he started gaslighting Ashley, it was the same thing over and over- Adam does bad things because he is evil, I don't think she ever intended to keep the character around longterm, but MM's popularity threw a wrench in her plans. MAB and every other head writer that came after her could have written Adam as nuanced, but they all chose not to. I agree that there was probably some shit happening behind the scenes with MM, hence Adam's involvement in the Delia's death. That storyline was most likely supposed to be the final nail in coffin for an already polarizing character. Any good head writer knows that any character, no matter how popular, cannot recover from killing a child- just ask the writers over at GH.

Agreed, both actors really got screwed over.  Whatever happened to Chris Engen, by the way?  Didn't he supposedly quit because they were going to turn Adam gay, and he was very vocally against it?  Adam didn't turn gay.  Or is this always one of the reasons given when soap actors quit a role?  I believe the same was said of the plastic Ken doll actor who played Thomas Forrester three Thomases ago... they were going to turn Thomas gay and he refused.  Then Michael Muhney got screwed by MAB because he allegedly touched Hunter King's breastesses.  And the Adam character is forever doomed.  Delia was an accident but his actions to cover it up were reprehensible.  

18 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Man, MO was bringing it today! I thought she did a great job. This should be her Emmy submission. FakeChance is not good at all. Give me real, hunky Chance. 

I did enjoy all the flashbacks and people mostly behaving. Phyllis still annoys me. I hope Nick doesn’t take her. 

I agree that this Temporary Chance is terrible.  He has a thick Southern-ish accent that kind of sounds fake.  Does actual Chance have this Southern accent?  I didn't think so?  It sounds like Temporary Chance is attempting to sound like actual Chance and is doing a really bad job.

I liked all the flashbacks, but especially seeing Mamie in the background of one of the Jill flashbacks.

5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shouldn’t he be involved in this wedding, though?  Is he still on cast?  I honestly don’t know or remember anymore!

Agreed that Noah should be there.  Why isn't he still in the cast?  Even if he's on recurring status like Paul, Lauren, Ashley and other cast stalwarts.  They will bring introduce new characters but they can't be bothered to keep legacy characters around?  Why introduce a character like Elena?  So Duhvonne can have someone unrelated to sniff at?  Why bring back Nate Hastings if they aren't going to bring back Olivia?  I'd love to see Olivia and Dru back some day.

54 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

I was surprised at this too.  I thought one of the benefits of bringing in Melissa Ordway's husband as Temporary Chance was because then they could have the characters actually kiss and hug.  But then all these other actors are doing the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

OMG, that flashback to when Nick first proposed to Sharon. Those baby faces! Meanwhile, bleh on showing Billy proposing to Victoria since it was probably proposal #37 and it wasn't BM Billy. (But regardless, why isn't Abby's uncle at her wedding? Or her cousin Kyle? Did I miss a mention of why they skipped?)

MO's husband has a heck of a five o'clock shadow. Assuming that look isn't deliberate.

Um, Abby, your mommy is the kind of woman who'll steal a guy's banked sperm in order to conceive his child without his knowledge. Her halo has been sitting a bit lopsided since way before you were born. And her romantic history is tons worse than yours. Maybe calm down with aspiring to be just like her. 😐

Oh yes, at her prime Dina would've been all over that wedding, swanning around like she was the main attraction. She would've been so proud of Abby though.

Ehhh, Abby, I don't know about using Victor and Nikki as marital role models. They're good at remarrying each other but they're also a stellar example of longtime emotional abuse and codependency. Probably the main reason Victor has finally settled down is because he can no longer catch the hot babes. Other than golddiggers anyway. At the end of the day, Nikki loves being Mrs. Victor Newman and all the money, power, and social status that title provides her.

Uncle Jack brought it right across home plate! I'm glad he got the final moment with Abby before the wedding. 🤗

Wow, I just noticed Nikki's earrings. Want!

Abby's hair. Oy. Maybe the messy look wasn't the way to go for the wedding of the century.

Traci singing Nadia's Theme while we saw the those past weddings got me in the feels. Good job, Josh. (Except for the Cane sighting. Ugh.)

This is quite an "old guard" event. The only people there in the bride and groom's age range are Mariah and Devon. Kinda sad in a way. Stupid Rona.

Didn't he supposedly quit because they were going to turn Adam gay, and he was very vocally against it?

No, CE quit because they were going to have Adam kiss a man. In his mind that meant gay. He put out an ill-advised statement about his position and pretty much hasn't worked in Hollywood since.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Cupid Stunt I’m still a little confused on this whole DD hit and run scenario. I remember it only as Adam swerved to keep from hitting the dog and stopped to see the dog running away.

MMAdam saw the dog, swerved/heard/felt the impact. He stopped, and got out of the car to see Dash running away. Adam walks to the back of the car, and doesn't see anything on the road. The camera shows a darkened area where Delia's prone body appears to be 10-15 yards behind the stopped car, off the pavement.  

I just remember a broken piece of amber plastic but not a broken headlight nor a dented quarter panel. Adam could only surmise that he hit DD because there was a piece of DD’s costume by his back door on the passenger side. The broken amber plastic could have been from a glancing blow to the dog

The amber turn signal plastic was found by the Det. Gutierrez searching the scene after the accident.

MMAdam didn't pay much attention to stopping to see if he had hit Dash until the same night he and Chelsea get a call from Victoria looking for Chloe to notify her that Delia's in the hospital. Adam recollects the impact, but does nothing hearing the circumstances of Delia's hit and run, because he's distracted trying to find black-market corneas for Connor -- The same day as the school play Delia was in, MMAdam and Chelsea were told by the doctor Connor was going blind and needed a cornea transplant, and they are in tizzy. MMAdam and Chelsea had recently reunited (She's still married to Dylan, faking Connor as his son) and Connor was revealed to be MMAdam's son. There's also a War with Victor Newman involving Newman Enterprises/Chancellor Industries that Jack is encouraging MMAdam to engage. -- In other words, there are several major stories MMAdam is in the thick of ahead of Delia's Death.

When MMAdam was told that Delia had died, his first concern was if there were witnesses or the police had a vehicle license plate -- Concern that he could be identified as responsible for Delia's death and would be found out. MMAdam get's very defensive when Chelsea went to his car looking for Connor's blanket, accusing her of snooping in his car; she was surprised by his over-reaction.

MMAdam initially checked his car and found the broken turn signal. On a second inspection, he discovered the cracked headlight, the dent and (Duh duh DUH!) Delia's scarf caught in the base of the wheel well. MMAdam hides the scarf and speeds off to have the damage repaired by some off-the-books car repair shop.

You said you went back and seen the actual CBS footage of the episode but was that from a recount of the accident in another episodes or the actual episode where the accident took place. The reason I was asking was because the hit and run accident was written by Josh Griffith and finished by Mal Young. I read that Josh Griffith, whose back as head writer, was unhappy with the way Mal took the hit and run story and is looking for a way to exonerate Adam.  CS, if I’m wrong than I would have to say that my memory is really fading. 

I have the original broadcasts of Y&R on KCAL9, commercials and all. The recordings haven't been altered. 

I can't respond to JG's reaction to Maleficent's interpretation of the hit and run to exonerate his recasting Stutterbarking Adam Newman. Anger of having a major story/character rewritten to a new storyboard, 20/20 hindsight, sour grapes, professional jealousy ... It doesn't matter. What's done is done, and not to the betterment of the character Adam Newman or to Show. It's not exactly as if Josh Griffin has salvaged the character by turning him into a situational murderer/attempted murderer and generally annoying Jonah poisoning everything he touches.

I don't think your memory is fading. I do believe you remember what was significant to you at the time of viewing. And I'm the same way. The difference is that I have recordings of the episodes to correct my recall.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

MMAdam saw the dog, swerved/heard/felt the impact. He stopped, and got out of the car to see Dash running away. Adam walks to the back of the car, and doesn't see anything on the road. The camera shows a darkened area where Delia's prone body appears to be 10-15 yards behind the stopped car, off the pavement.  

The amber turn signal plastic was found by the Det. Gutierrez searching the scene after the accident.

MMAdam didn't pay much attention to stopping to see if he had hit Dash until the same night he and Chelsea get a call from Victoria looking for Chloe to notify her that Delia's in the hospital. Adam recollects the impact, but does nothing hearing the circumstances of Delia's hit and run, because he's distracted trying to find black-market corneas for Connor -- The same day as the school play Delia was in, MMAdam and Chelsea were told by the doctor Connor was going blind and needed a cornea transplant, and they are in tizzy. MMAdam and Chelsea had recently reunited (She's still married to Dylan, faking Connor as his son) and Connor was revealed to be MMAdam's son. There's also a War with Victor Newman involving Newman Enterprises/Chancellor Industries that Jack is encouraging MMAdam to engage. -- In other words, there are several major stories MMAdam is in the thick of ahead of Delia's Death.

When MMAdam was told that Delia had died, his first concern was if there were witnesses or the police had a vehicle license plate -- Concern that he could be identified as responsible for Delia's death and would be found out. MMAdam get's very defensive when Chelsea went to his car looking for Connor's blanket, accusing her of snooping in his car; she was surprised by his over-reaction.

MMAdam initially checked his car and found the broken turn signal. On a second inspection, he discovered the cracked headlight, the dent and (Duh duh DUH!) Delia's scarf caught in the base of the wheel well. MMAdam hides the scarf and speeds off to have the damage repaired by some off-the-books car repair shop.

I have the original broadcasts of Y&R on KCAL9, commercials and all. The recordings haven't been altered. 

I can't respond to JG's reaction to Maleficent's interpretation of the hit and run to exonerate his recasting Stutterbarking Adam Newman. Anger of having a major story/character rewritten to a new storyboard, 20/20 hindsight, sour grapes, professional jealousy ... It doesn't matter. What's done is done, and not to the betterment of the character Adam Newman or to Show. It's not exactly as if Josh Griffin has salvaged the character by turning him into a situational murderer/attempted murderer and generally annoying Jonah poisoning everything he touches.

I don't think your memory is fading. I do believe you remember what was significant to you at the time of viewing. And I'm the same way. The difference is that I have recordings of the episodes to correct my recall.

Thanks CS 

• Love 3

Okay so I really liked the bottom of Abby’s dress. The top was completely fugly but the bottom was really nice.

other than laughing and rolling my eyes at Victor’s speech about how he and Nikki were built to last, I really liked the episode. And I had no idea there were actual words to Nadia’s theme! Or that Beth Maitland could sing. But she has a beautiful voice 😀

I did keep look for Billy and Kyle. Why in the world are they not there? This is a family wedding and their absence is noted. At least by me...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Couldn’t we have Tessa for one episode. Her and Mariah would have been the shining light to an otherwise mundane episode. You would of thought Chloe would be there plus Summer, Kyle, and Faith are missing in action. Maybe they told Chloe to get lost since Jill might not know Chloe is in the mansion.  Even Lauren, who was concerned about Abby’s dress, didn’t show up.  

At times Nikki forgets from which she came and gets a little to snooty. Because of COVID-19, you would think that TIIC would have Jill a bit less of a face talker. 

I really don’t know how I feel about Abby’s dress but it’s all Abby. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought Nikki looked beautiful today. Her hair nd dress were gorgeous on her. Forgive the weird spelling-my letter before the ‘b’ hs decided to stop working. Very disappointed in the bride’s dress nd hair. They could have done so much more to make her beautiful. I wanted to drag  brush through her hair. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, that flashback to when Nick first proposed to Sharon. Those baby faces! 

Did the Nick flashback to that? It's not like he hasn't proposed to others including his current bed buddy.

• LOL 3

I agree about the social distancing stuff. It’s just so different on all the soaps. B&B are always 6 feet apart which does look odd. GH is similar to Y&R with the hugging and light kissing. I don’t recall any heavy make out sessions though. Days has people in bed which I don’t think any of the others soaps are doing. I know BTS all the soaps are all wearing mask for rehearsals and downtime at the studios. I guesssssss if they are being tested and have sort of signed off on it they must be okay with it. 

The flashbacks were great and fit in with the theme which was the wedding. I would liked to have seen Paul & Cricket there to support Nina but neither aren’t on contract and probably weren’t asked. I think Melissa Ordways dress was way ugly and didn’t make sense. I thought it was gray but then I hear maybe it was an ice blue. She has a model body but that dress did her no favors. I think her husband did a nice job but he he isn’t a good actor. There’s a reason why he was canned from Days. Also, his suit was way too old looking for him and didn’t coordinate with her dress. I’m not asking for them to match but be more cohesive. All in all, they did a nice job getting the cast together. Joshua Morrow was rocking the scruff as usual and I thought Peter Bergman did a great job with Abby right before the wedding. It looked like Bergman was about to start crying. Now, can we find an actress for him who isn’t Nikki. He seems to have horrible chemistry with the opposite sex which is amazing since he’s been on Y&R for 31 years. I would like an age appropriate actress. He’s 67 so age appropriate in daytime for an actress would be 40. LOL!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Now, can we find an actress for him who isn’t Nikki. 

I know, it kind of kills me, even though I've never really taken to Jack the way some people have. But dear god the man deserves, just once, a really hot romance. I'd love to see that. Someone like Paget Brewster or oh, I don't know just someone.

• Love 8

Unpopular opinion alert:

During the flashback scenes of prior weddings I had to sigh at the glimpse of Jack and Phyllis. I honestly think they bring out the best in each other and wish there could be a good storyline to reconcile them. I think she should be Jack’s endgame. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Unpopular opinion alert:

During the flashback scenes of prior weddings I had to sigh at the glimpse of Jack and Phyllis. I honestly think they bring out the best in each other and wish there could be a good storyline to reconcile them. I think she should be Jack’s endgame. 

He’s really the only one who can keep her in check.  It really was her best match.  

• Love 4
On November 30, 2020 at 1:30 AM, ezzylin said:

MAB and every other head writer that came after her could have written Adam as nuanced, but they all chose not to. I agree that there was probably some shit happening behind the scenes with MM, hence Adam's involvement in the Delia's death. That storyline was most likely supposed to be the final nail in coffin for an already polarizing character. Any good head writer knows that any character, no matter how popular, cannot recover from killing a child- just ask the writers over at GH.

I wanted to clarify what I said regarding MM- it was solely based on his own admission: "Part of me feels this is because I've always been outspoken and sometimes I've been too outspoken. Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris. That is entirely on me. CBS, Sony, and Jill Phelps are not to blame for that."

As for Chris Engen, I don't really know the story behind why he left. Yes, the rumour was that it was because they were going to "turn Adam gay", but according Eileen Davidson, Chris was uncomfortable with how Adam was being written long before that. Apparently, he tried to speak to MAB about it (more than once) but was never given the chance. When he took the role of Adam, perhaps he was aware that Adam would be a gray character or even a villain, but I don't think he ever imagined that his character would be gaslighting a pregnant woman, causing her to miscarry, then burning the fetus in a fireplace. I remember how horrific it was to watch, I can't imagine what it was like for him as an actor to play that. To this day, we the audience still have no idea why Adam would do that to Ashley, given how close they were. 

After CE he left the role, people accused him of being homophobic, the story was that Adam was now going to be "gay" and CE refused to play it. Soap insiders like Nelson Branco and Jamey Giddens also reported this and the story circulated around other media sites as well. I think that some were led to believe there was going to be a love story between Adam and Rafe, but as we saw, Adam only slept with Rafe when he realized that Rafe suspected him of gaslighting Ashley. He continued to lie and manipulate Rafe to save himself. 

It doesn't matter what CE said, some people will always believe the rumours, same for MM. After watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion and hearing Janet Hubert's story, I realized how a rumour can follow you around and ruin your reputation and career, especially in such a small industry. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Cricket not being there was more odd to me than the absence of Kyle or Summer or Billy.  Have there been other soap weddings where one of the characters getting married was played by an understudy?  I was wondering why Nina was being so weird with Victoria...another instance of re-cast confusion.  That rivalry was all about Heather Tom's Victoria.  

We had a snowstorm today and my power went out for about 5 minutes during the show.  I thought I didn't miss much and wasn't going to bother looking for those five minutes, but apparently it was the scene with Abby and Jack, which a few of you have said was a highlight.  Of course, it's near the end and you can't FF On Demand. 

This episode *almost* seemed like it could have served as a series finale. 

• Love 4

Well, the sap here was flowing like it was spring and I was going to bottle and sell it.  I loved every pea-pickin' (my homage to Chance whoever is playing him) moment.  I thought MO looked beautiful.  I thought Nikki looked beautiful.  I thought Nina, Ashley, Jill, Mariah looked beautiful.  Hell, I even thought Victor looked beautiful.  

Now I'm sounding like the MC from Cabaret.....

In here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful!

giphy.gif

Hmmm.....maybe the reception?

But unlike Cabaret, Abby and Chance's wedding crowd could NOT be accurately described as "everyone a virgin".

Today's show was such a nice change from all the wash-rinse-repeat Adam/ButtBiscuit/Phyllis drama.

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I just started to watch the U.S. Monday episode.

One question: No Kyle or NotBilly in attendance at Abby/Chance's wedding?

That's odd.

Maybe - just maybe? - having those two nudniks absent from the wedding was their gift to the bride and groom?  It sure felt like a great present for the rest of us, for a day free from Kyle's bouffant, ButtBiscuit's sense of outraged entitlement and huge honker and Adam's emotional clog dancing.  Maybe those three spent it in a contest to see which of them can stick their heads up their own asses the farthest.  (You know I vote for ButtBiscuit! It's all in the name.........)  Even better if Jack gave them all the wrong address and right now they're impatiently waiting at the String Cheese and Curds Outlet store in Monroe......

It was a nice "extra" that the guy they got to fill in for NotaChance is MO's actual husband.  I know I'm in the minority but I don't think he's bad at all.  

Nice sentiments, nice flashbacks, nice acting, very good soapy day and it was MUCH appreciated.

As for the indisputable weirdness on display with the lack of social distancing, I just can't figure that one out.......Show has been pretty consistent up till now on people keeping their distance, something we were discussing, pro and con-wise just last week.  There were a few scenes, today and yesterday that can be explained away as camera angles, etc., but certainly not all or even most of it.

I've read that there are several companies, Safe Set being one of these, who have been hired to help shows and movies plan and implement ways to film safely and that some of their measures involve breaking cast and crews into cohorts, keeping people who will be in scenes together separated from other cast, same with the crews working with them and due to that, scenes being shot even more out of seqence than usual.  All of this supplemented by constant testing and a certain amount of self-isolation off set as well.   Perhaps that's happening?  Something like that must be going on.  Though Show has also had two people recently test positive......Whatever is going on I really hope that safety comes before all else. 

I've got a brother who is reinfected for the second time and this time he's back in the hospital already gotten 9 liters of fluid due to dehydration and time will shortly tell what happens next.  And a husband of one of my cousins also got reinfected, isolating at home right now.  Both these guys thought it was all some big joke.  It's not.

Anyway, I enjoyed Show today.  It felt like an hour spent in less stressful times.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Aww, boes, I hope your brother and cousin-in-law recover soon.   So much for being immune once you've had it.  These relaxed restrictions only started yesterday.  At least, that's when I first noticed them.  B&B is still observing the six-feet rule, though. 

I like this Chance, too.  He looks more like Philip III than squishyface NotAChance.  But I guess they're never going to be able to use this wedding in a flashback!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

A copy of the statement CE issued after he was fired is here:

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/4355/chris-engen-statement-on-quitting-young-and-the-res/

I suspect the part that likely ruined his future employment opportunities in Hollywood was this:

many of my dearest friends are homosexuals

Generally, "some of my best friends are x" is read by the overall public as an insincere excuse at best, and at worst, evidence of actual prejudice.

the story was that Adam was now going to be "gay"

Not sure I understand the need for scare quotes. Whatever, MAB was arguably the worst EP/writer Y&R has ever had but perhaps one thing she did do right was draw a distinction between participating in some same-sex activity and being gay or bisexual. The former doesn't necessarily prove the latter. It's a distinction Y&R's largely conservative audience still wasn't likely to accept though.

I don't think there ever was a plan to have Adam suddenly realize he was gay. The storyline leading up to his tryst with Rafe wasn't written that way. He wasn't questioning his sexuality and was still sleeping with Heather. He wasn't on the downlow, he just didn't want Rafe to know he'd been used. With Rafe Adam was engaging in situational behavior to try to get himself out a jam. It's what he does, as evidenced in all the subsequent portrayals of the character. Adam tends to take things to the next level, just like his father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I actually liked CE version of Adam. He came off younger then Victoria and Nick which was how it should have been. He was shorter than the people who followed him and hairier. He had his shirt off often so that’s why I’m reporting the facts. LOL!!!! It took me a moment to get used MM as Adam and I still think he’s been the best one. It’s too bad he had a run in with MR. Mumbles. JH was good but he wasn’t paired with Sharon Case which I wanted to see more of. Currently, MG is playing him and to me he’s a mix of MM and JH. He’s been doing a good job but I just wish they put makeup on him. He always looks so pale and dead looking. I swear he rolls out of bed and goes right to set. And, this was before we even heard the word Covid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Aww, boes, I hope your brother and cousin-in-law recover soon.   So much for being immune once you've had it.  These relaxed restrictions only started yesterday.  At least, that's when I first noticed them.  B&B is still observing the six-feet rule, though. 

Boes I hope that your Brother and cousin-in-law have  a speedy recovery. 

My son had Covid but he developed the anti-bodies so he is able to donate his plasma. When he does they check to make sure the anti-bodies are still in his blood. It’s been 6 months and he continues to donate. Even with the anti-bodies he still wears a mask in public. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I know, it kind of kills me, even though I've never really taken to Jack the way some people have. But dear god the man deserves, just once, a really hot romance. I'd love to see that. Someone like Paget Brewster or oh, I don't know just someone.

Now you know there are no good actresses over 50 looking for work! Not a one!

Is Jill staying for a while? Someone should tell her about Theo. I was wondering if there was something in those letters fron Dina's memory box for Jill to find. Nah, that might be good.

I seem to remember Adam hitting bushes when he swerved to miss the dog that Billy negligently left in the car, with a child dressed in black, on a dark lonely road. I always thought they showed Drinki and Kelly in similar cars for a reason since they rarely showed cars.

And wasn't Nikki plastered?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4