Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I may be in the minority but I'm sorta loving Victoria since she had the blood drained from her veins and replaced with ice water.  Every time she's tried this before it's been a fail because she was so needy for Daddy Dearest approval or to placate some flounder she was involved with.  I know Show is setting her up for payback but till then, let the heads roll!

Especially Phyllis's.  It would make an interesting door stop at the Glum Partridge, but since she had the hotel back by the end of Show I guess the next decapitation will be Nick's ......let's call them  Oliebollen.  Phyllis is going to chafe, badly, at feeling beholden to Nick, almost as much as Nick does in his tender areas by Day 7 of not showering.  What a CATCH he is!  But I digress.....

All this blather by Phyllis about how the hotel is her crowning achievement - Nick built the place.  Abby financed the place.  All Phyllis did was take 50 bucks and hit the home decorating department at Ross Dress for Less and put her mark on the place.  No argument there, it looks exactly like what Phyllis would think is Klassy. 

Still loving Abby and Chance.  As LucindaWalsh says, MO has been so good lately.  I don't mind her husband playing Chance at all.  I don't think he's any worse than any of the other males in his age category.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement but still....

And then there's ButtBiscuit.  Isn't there ALWAYS ButtBiscuit on the menu?  So he's really bent out of shape and hurt - HURT I tell you! - that people believe he's capable of murder, even his own family.  Poor ButtBiscuit, weeping at the injustice of it all seems to forget that he did try to kill Adam at least twice already, the last time not all that long ago.   I don't much care if he ever succeeds since it's Adam and for us it'd be a two-fer, but it is tiring to hear him use Delia as his excuse for everything. 

I really miss the good old days when JT's Billy Abbott was in that blessed coma.

• Love 11

I may be in the minority but I'm sorta loving Victoria since she had the blood drained from her veins and replaced with ice water.  Every time she's tried this before it's been a fail because she was so needy for Daddy Dearest approval or to placate some flounder she was involved with.  I know Show is setting her up for payback but till then, let the heads roll!

Sit over here by me. I'm loving it, she is finally acting like The Heir Apparent. 'Bout time.

• Love 5

How long will they play this attempted murder mystery?   Nothing like pulling out a mystery when you have nothing else to write or have lazy, uninspired writers.  I just can’t see any of the major characters being the real perp.  Billy is too obvious, so he’s out.  Then I thought it could be Chelsea because of her brain boo boo.  Don’t you remember how Mantis thought Chelsea broke into her house to see Johnny and Katie?  Blame it on brain boo boo.  And now, the brain could have caused  Chelsea to take a shot at Adumb.  Nah, can’t be, although the brain fart could cause her to be forgiven for any felony.  

Spoiler

I think it could be a pass through character.  Maybe Alyssa——-isn’t that the name of the daughter who’s dad was killed by Adumb?  Rather a likely suspect.  Not a main character, but has a reason.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I cannot understand why these supposedly rich folks stay at the Grub Posterior. It’s an okay hotel but we’ve stayed at much more luxurious hotels than this one. Buy a damn house, people.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, boes said:

I always though Victoria should have taken all the lessons she learned at Victor's knee, sorted through the viable results, folded them into the steel she would use as her version of CEO. Victoria does play personal games like Victor, but not for blood. Undermining Phyllis' unwarranted confidence in her proprietorship of The Phoenix was satisfying.

Especially Phyllis's.  It would make an interesting door stop at the Glum Partridge, but since she had the hotel back by the end of Show I guess the next decapitation will be Nick's ......let's call them  Oliebollen.  Phyllis is going to chafe, badly, at feeling beholden to Nick, almost as much as Nick does in his tender areas by Day 7 of not showering.  What a CATCH he is!  But I digress.....

Phyllis knows the cash she invested in The Phoenix is a drop in the bucket to what any other partner had paid. She's only in this position because she never had enough money to own The Phoenix outright and essentially manipulated, lied, hacked and embezzled to get her hands on her 'baby.'  Now Phyllis is trapped in a business partnership with Nick, which will make her doubly uncooperative and unmanageable as she was with Atonal, Abby and Victoria.

This will not turn out well, and Nick could end up owning The Phoenix outright, due to the minor effort of boinking Phyllis.

<cringe>

All this blather by Phyllis about how the hotel is her crowning achievement - Nick built the place.  Abby financed the place.  All Phyllis did was take 50 bucks and hit the home decorating department at Ross Dress for Less and put her mark on the place.  No argument there, it looks exactly like what Phyllis would think is Klassy. 

I thought I read Sassy.

ed661429fb8b0d28f1bca6e3fbec339b.jpg

The Phoenix looked cheap from day one. The under-budget post-modern furnishings, décor, and the pink felt pool table. <shudder>

I never understood the premise of a reception/concierge linked to the bar.

Still loving Abby and Chance.  As LucindaWalsh says, MO has been so good lately.  I don't mind her husband playing Chance at all.  I don't think he's any worse than any of the other males in his age category.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement but still....

MO's real husband makes up for genuine feeling that he's short on acting talent.

When he looks into her eyes, he's positively besotted, which works well for the newly weds.

And then there's ButtBiscuit.  Isn't there ALWAYS ButtBiscuit on the menu?  So he's really bent out of shape and hurt - HURT I tell you! - that people believe he's capable of murder, even his own family.  Poor ButtBiscuit, weeping at the injustice of it all seems to forget that he did try to kill Adam at least twice already, the last time not all that long ago.   I don't much care if he ever succeeds since it's Adam and for us it'd be a two-fer, but it is tiring to hear him use Delia as his excuse for everything. 

<taking Bromo-Seltzer>

NotBilly's always butthurt because no one believes a word he says. That's what happens when you lie about big and little things all the time.

If once in a blue moon, NotBilly took responsibility for leaving Delia in the car that precipitated her death, I could tolerate him wearing Delia like a hair shirt -- 'See How I Suffer? Atonal Adam did this to MEEEEEEE!'

But, like Atonal Adam blaming Victor for his trail of victims, it's a an easy out from public accountability for NotBilly's carelessness. 

I really miss the good old days when JT's Billy Abbott was in that blessed coma.

TIIC are going with NotBilly incapable of getting out of his own way. He'll never stop lying, and he's dragging Lily down with him as they hitch up their Scooby Do Garanimals to investigate Chance's shooting.

I don't feel sorry for Hillary 2.0 getting blindsided by NotBilly's lie being at the warehouse; she knew he was dishonest fuck from the first time they met.

<sigh>

We don't deserve nice things.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9

Writing HR to demand that the stylist who is buying up one sleeve sweaters be fired. 

6hgCc1M.jpgGYYryX1.jpg

But they can be recycled! All wardrobe has to do is sew these two tops together and Chelsea'll have both shoulders covered. (One wonders why she's such a fan of this look. I don't think her arms or shoulders are particularly impressive. 😼)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Phyllis knows the cash she invested in The Phoenix is a drop in the bucket to what any other partner had paid. She's only in this position because she never had enough money to own The Phoenix outright and essentially manipulated, lied, hacked and embezzled to get her hands on her 'baby.'  Now Phyllis is trapped in a business partnership with Nick, which will make her doubly uncooperative and unmanageable as she was with Atonal, Abby and Victoria.

So has every Newman child of Victor has screwed Phyllis over from outright ownership of a hotel that she in no way is capable of purchasing on her own.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So has every Newman child of Victor has screwed Phyllis over from outright ownership of a hotel that she in no way is capable of purchasing on her own.

Phyllis started the round robin screwing tournament by attempting to embezzle The Phoenix from Atonal when he owned Dark Horse.

Phyllis has lied, manipulated and stolen her way up the social and business ladder her entire <cough> career in Genoa City.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Now if only Chris and Paul with Sasha Green in the backseat would run her down with their car, The Year of Phyllis would be complete!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Gorgeous dress on Amanda today.

Cute how they telegraphed that the mystery witness was a woman. You could hear high heels clicking across the floor. Guess Phyllis was too cheap to install carpet in her crowning achievement or is that just for the deluxe suites? 🙄

Kyle you deserve to get a coal in your stocking from Santa. Santa is not impressed with the way you act so entitled and you're going to be permanently on the naughty snotty list if you keep it up.

Why is Summer back to dressing like a 60s suburban hausfrau? Isn't she supposed to be setting a chic and sophisticated example as the new president of a fashion company? 😐

Whatever, Theo don't listen to that dingbat. She can't even dress herself appropriately. Plus, if Summer talks you into dropping the lawsuit she'll score points with the Abbotts. You were not her primary concern in this matter.

Kind of late to be booking a honeymoon trip, Rey. This is the height of winter vacation season, especially to warm and sunny locales. Fail.

Alyssa. Huh, I was thinking maybe she was the shooter. What does she have against Billy?🤔

I'm going to miss Theo and his drinks with the big ice orbs instead of ice cubes. It's eye-catching.

Does Brittany work on contingency? If not, I can't imagine her services are cheap and Theo hasn't worked in a while. I wonder how he was paying her?

Sigh, Billy, tampering with a witness is not the way you want to go. You need to be availing yourself of the services of an ace criminal defense attorney not named Amanda instead of playing sleuthing games with Lily.

Sure hope the Jabot building is within walking distance of Society since Summer appeared to be drinking her lunch. DUI, bish. It's not on the menu. 🤨

Whoa, Theo backstabbed Sally on his way out. Okay then. But I loved seeing Summer's brain shift out of gear again when he told her Sally would be going after Kyle. (Or pretending to, anyway. Sally seems clear on what a twerp he is.)

OMG, Amanda, stop being so butthurt about Billy firing you. And Devon, stop trying so hard to score points with her. You had Amanda at "billionaire," months ago.

Something was off to me about Sharon today. Her makeup seemed kind of harsh. She usually goes with a more natural look.

I hope Theo takes those Paris boutiques and turns them into an international powerhouse to rival both Jabot and Fenmores. Bon voyage, Théodore!🗼

• Love 14

Sigh, Billy, tampering with a witness is not the way you want to go. You need to be availing yourself of the services of an ace criminal defense attorney not named Amanda instead of playing sleuthing games with Lily.

Right? He pounds on her door and threatens to break it down. If I were Alyssa that would have scared the shit out of me. Witness intimidation is a thing Dumbassbiscuit. What an asshole. Grr, I hate him. I hope he goes the PMITA prison for a loooong time and we don't have to see his stupid face any more.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hope Theo takes those Paris boutiques and turns them into an international powerhouse to rival both Jabot and Fenmores. Bon voyage, Théodore!🗼

💯

So just to recap, the pen really turned out to be nothing?  Right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Right? He pounds on her door and threatens to break it down. If I were Alyssa that would have scared the shit out of me. Witness intimidation is a thing Dumbassbiscuit. What an asshole. Grr, I hate him. I hope he goes the PMITA prison for a loooong time and we don't have to see his stupid face any more.

And Lily the First Amendment does not give you and especially Billy (the accused) the right to harass a witness to a crime. Isn't Billy on leave on whatever their Chancellor Blog is?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

💯

So just to recap, the pen really turned out to be nothing?  Right?

It appears so. I was kind of hoping it was a rare antique or something. But unless Mariah figures it out or some antiquities dealer happens to see her writing with it, we’ll probably never know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Why the hell did Alyssa even open the door to Lily? She knew the voice. Why not just stay quiet and call Rey to let him know that Lily was trying to find out who she was?

Hey no Lily, being a member of the press does NOT give you the right to intimidate or tamper with a witness. And Billy? You’re a bigger ass than I already thought.  Good on Rey for busting his sorry ass. I hope the judge revokes his bail and throws him in jail where he belongs. But he really should hire a criminal attorney, not just one who studied criminal law in school. The man is on trial for attempted murder. It’s not like he can’t afford the best lawyer money can buy. And if he can’t, Jill certainly can. 

Devon, you’ve never seen Amanda in court. How could you possibly have a clue whether she’s any good, never mind if she could ‘wipe the floor with’ Michael or any other DA. You really don’t need to try so hard to get her into bed. She’s more than willing and has been for months.

I still don’t like Elena’s hair.

Bon voyage Theo. Bonne chance en Paris! I’m not sorry to see him go but Kyle was a real  dick so I’m glad Jack honored the offer. May this be the last we ever see or hear from Theo again.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why the hell did Alyssa even open the door to Lily? She knew the voice. Why not just stay quiet and call Rey to let him know that Lily was trying to find out who she was?

Hey no Lily, being a member of the press does NOT give you the right to intimidate or tamper with a witness. And Billy? You’re a bigger ass than I already thought.  Good on Rey for busting his sorry ass. I hope the judge revokes his bail and throws him in jail where he belongs. But he really should hire a criminal attorney, not just one who studied criminal law in school. The man is on trial for attempted murder. It’s not like he can’t afford the best lawyer money can buy. And if he can’t, Jill certainly can. 

Devon, you’ve never seen Amanda in court. How could you possibly have a clue whether she’s any good, never mind if she could ‘wipe the floor with’ Michael or any other DA. You really don’t need to try so hard to get her into bed. She’s more than willing and has been for months.

I still don’t like Elena’s hair.

Bon voyage Theo. Bonne chance en Paris! I’m not sorry to see him go but Kyle was a real  dick so I’m glad Jack honored the offer. May this be the last we ever see or hear from Theo again.

Sake614, you nailed it shut with your terrific post!

• Love 9

Lily Lily Lily, you are witness tapering. You are trying to persuade a witness to unsee what they saw or even not testify at all. Now Michael can call you to testify about your encounter with Alyssa throwing more shade on Nostrils’ guilt. Yes, Nostrils Alissa betrayed you because you are such an angel and above board member of society.  Yeah right Nostrils, Alyssa should have come to you first 😂.  Nostrils you are so arrogantly stupid.  He can’t even entertain the idea that Alyssa was following Adam and not him. 

Theo and Nostrils should take their act on the road and be billed as Ass and Hole. Is anyone sure they weren’t conjoined twins?  The share the same insufferable attitude and sense of self importance. 

Has Summer been reading this forum?  She just expressed everything that we were talking about where Theo has no case and Dina was not obligated to leave him jack squat.

Rey’s doubts in this case is more about his hatred for Adam than the guilt of Nostrils. 

I had to laugh when Amanda compared herself in a scenes to Perry Mason.  Sorry Amanda, not even close. 

Buzzing into Lola’s apartment seems to be a hit or miss occurrence based on who’s entering. 

I got an Idea. Why doesn’t Lily get an instant on line law degree and pass the bar in the same day to defend Nostrils?Lily already acts like his lawyer. Nostrils violated his parol but in true Y&R fashion, he will be out of jail in a day. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, boes said:

Sake614, you nailed it shut with your terrific post!

Aww thanks Boes. High praise indeed coming from you lol!

9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Amanda compared herself in a scenes to Perry Mason

Say what??? How did I miss that? 🙄

• Love 6

I got an Idea. Why doesn’t Lily get an instant on line law degree and pass the bar in the same day to defend Nostrils?Lily already acts like his lawyer. Nostrils violated his parol but in true Y&R fashion, he will be out of jail in a day. 

She could get her law degree at the same "school" that Sharon got hers in psychology.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:
6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Say what??? How did I miss that? 🙄

Devon was blowing smoke up Amanda’s skirt telling her she is  a fantastically amazing lawyer and Nostrils was a fool for firing her.  Amanda told Devon that sure she would love to go into the courtroom make a strong opening statement, get a witness to confess on the stand, and mop the floor with the DA. This statement just reminded me that’s what Perry Mason did on a weekly basis. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 5

Billy you don't need another friend, you need an actual criminal defense attorney who's not somebody who took a class that one time. I like Amanda but this is ridiculous.

I didn't understand the switched at birth meme Faith got on her phone. A clown? Seems to me it was more an insult to her parents. Or the whole Newman family. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Wait, if Nick gave Phyllis millions of dollars to buy Victoria out and he said it was a gift, wouldn't that have major tax implications for Phyllis? Bad ones? And she was already in tax trouble.

What Phyllis needs to do is marry Nick, then get him to divorce her and give her the hotel as the settlement. Sort of way the GC Buzz went back and forth between Hilary and Devon. 🙄

So now Lola is going to be like the hip tía. Or step-tía I guess. Eh, Faith could do worse for an adult confidant--like her former stepmother Phyllis. 😑

Alyssa's top was not flattering to her figure IMO. I thought she looked like she had a roll of French bread taped to her chest. 😼

Phyllis you will never be in Victoria's league. She's got a major international company and hundreds of millions of her own dollars to use to mess with little people like you. This time it's not just about who can play the dirtiest tricks.

Grandma Kay? Was that when they thought Jill was Katherine's daughter?

Little slow on the uptake, Rey. Alyssa should've been moved  right after you re-arrested Billy.

Hmmm, is Alyssa left-handed? The camera lingered on those gloves Lily saw in her hotel room. Be dumb of Alyssa to have kept the gloves though if she was the shooter. Gunshot residue.

Too bad Nina can't stick around. She's been a warm ray of sunshine. Meanwhile, has the Miller/Fisher infestation finally been removed from Chancellor Mansion? Yay! 🥳

Surely ace detective Rey would've done a background check on his star witness. If Alyssa's a sharpshooter that should put her on the potential suspect list. But what does she have against Billy that she would try to pin the crime on him?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Surely ace detective Rey would done a background check on his star witness. If Alyssa's a sharpshooter that should put her on the potential suspect list. But what does she have against Billy that she would try to pin the crime on him?

I havena't watched today's show yet, but maybe Alyssa just dislikes him because he's an arrogant, self-centered, concaved-chested, white-tennis-shoe-wearing, skinny jeaned flat-assed droning self-promoter with all the charm of a waste treatment plant and the proboscis of a mutant aardvark?

Just spitballing here.....

Though I do remember Alyssa was pretty pissed off at him when they finished the expose, felt that she'd been used by him just like she'd been used by Adam.  

But I think my first supposition makes more sense.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Darvon lauding Hillary 2.0's legal bona fides is amusing since his major experience with her legal skills involves Hillary 2.0 not knowing she was representing Colin Atkinson pretending he was Chance Chancellor suing Darvon for discrepancies in Katherine Chancellor's will so that he would revert his billionaire inheritance to the fake Chance. Hillary 2.0 did no due diligence in determining whi she was representing in the lawsuit, and proceeded to defraud Darvon of his fortune. When it was determined Colin Atkinson was behind the fraud, Hillary did nothing to rectify the crime, instead she stood by her legal work. She kept her legal fees to open her own office in Genoa City. No apologies or repercussions for Hillary 2.0 filing a false lawsuit against Darvon and essentially being the wrist turning the screw in the disenfranchisement of Darvon's birthright. 

Darvon got his money back (with no real action of his own) and has no resentments against Hillary 2.0 involvement in having his money stolen from him. There's no explanation why he reverses his attitude toward her other than she's Hillary 1.0's mirror image and he's still in love with his dead wife. Ineffectual and milquetoast is our Darvon.

5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Devon was blowing smoke up Amanda’s skirt telling her she is  a fantastically amazing lawyer and Nostrils was a fool for firing her.  Amanda told Devon that sure she would love to go into the courtroom make a strong opening statement, get a witness to confess on the stand, and mop the floor with the DA. This statement just reminded me that’s what Perry Mason did on a weekly basis. 

Hillary 2.0 has spent most of her time telling everyone how great a lawyer she is because she graduated top of her class. This is no recommendation for her past practice in Genoa City thus far.

Hillary 2.0 pointedly avoids the courtroom (so does TIIC for budgetary reasons).

NotBilly as a client is a peculiar position for Hillary 2.0 to place herself -- He's a liar, prone to reckless behavior, thinks he's too clever by half, and delusional enough to believe his ethics and pursuit of the "truth" are unimpeachable.

NotBilly is a loser for a client. Not the optimum situation for a egotist like Hillary 2.0 to flex her legal muscles.

I suppose Lily's dogged Alyssa chase will turn up the "truth" -- Alyssa hates Atonal Adam for killing her father and lying about it, and hates NotBilly for using her to expose Atonal Adam as a life-long criminal and killer of his daughter. Why not kill two birds with one stone: Shoot Atonal at the warehouse, and conveniently become a witness and blame NotBilly because he was following AA?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

maybe Alyssa just dislikes him because he's an arrogant, self-centered, concaved-chested, white-tennis-shoe-wearing, skinny jeaned flat-assed droning self-promoter with all the charm of a waste treatment plant and the proboscis of a mutant aardvark?

Lol, don't hold back, boes, tell us how you really feel about Billy! I think my tablet just caught on fire.

Okay, I barely remember Alyssa being annoyed with Billy but it didn't seem like it was so bad that she'd put an attempted murder rap on him. Goodness, she might be a wackadoodle.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Come on man!  This blatant witness tampering by Lily and of course it’s going to be ignored by Rey and Michael. Alyssa was told not to talk to anyone but here Lily is trying to get Alyssa to unsee what she saw.  Lily leaves and Rey shows up less than 10 seconds and they don’t pass each other in the hall. Another red herring with with the leather gloves in Alyssa’s room. There is no indication that Alyssa is left handed. Also, Lily’s reference to Alyssa having the same gloves as her father can’t be her dad’s gloves because they look new.  They could be from the same local store in Kansas. How would Lily know that the shooter was wearing gloves and they definitely do not look like shooting gloves to me. Shooting gloves usually aren’t lined with fleece and are of a much lighter weight material.  They would also be a much tighter fit with a way to tighten the gloves around the wrist so they don’t slip. 

Yesterday day it was Devon blowing smoke up Amanda’s skirt and today it’s Banana Breath blowing smoke up Phyllis’ skirt.  

Amanda you ethical beast. As a lawyer you don’t want to hear about Lily’s and Alyssa’s conversation but as a friend you are willing to listen. Didn’t Amanda, in laying down her conditions to return as Nostrils lawyer, tell Nostrils they are not friends. Lily, in discovering the sharpshooter trophy in the background, didn’t say that the trophy was Alyssa’s just that her father had on the same “shooting gloves” as she saw in Alyssa’s room. I got news for Lily, women’s shooting gloves are quite different from men’s. One other thing, it has to be Alyssa’s father’s trophy because what 11 year old is a sharpshooter even in Kansas.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Grandma Kay? Was that when they thought Jill was Katherine's daughter?

No, this was a couple decades before the mother/daughter thing.  Jill had shuttled Phillip off to boarding school so that he wouldn't cramp her style when she first married John.  When he returned to GC as a teenager, he really resented her and chose to live with Katherine.  She was very fond of him, and it didn't hurt that her close relationship with Phillip drove Jill crazy.  There were some contentious times with Nina in the early days, but after Phillip (not)died, Katherine and Rex were there for her and Little Phillip.  She was always an unofficial Grandma to him.  That flashback with the angel was a nice dip into the archives, writers!  

I'd like Nina to stick around, too.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

How has Phyllis changed so much and I never noticed?  With all the scenery chewing, arm flapping, line repeating and 

giphy.gif

eyebatting, maybe I just missed it?

Her Helen Reddy moment, standing up against all the people who have tried to hold her down might need some more detail.  For instance, who was she fighting the good fight with when she switched paternity results to saddle Danny with her baby?  Was there an epic struggle between good and evil that Phyllis was fighting when she was the Puppet Master to crazy Dr. Tim?  Was rolling his body in the rug some sort of declaration of independence?  How about running down Chris and Paul and leaving them for dead, was that standing up for herself by putting the pedal to the metal?  Setting Daisy free and forcing her son to raise a child he didn't want, was that part of her fight for the right?  

How about all the crap she pulled on Abby about the hotel or turning on Victoria and the gang in court?  

Au contarary VUE to YOU, Phyllis, you have indeed been a most excellent role model to Dummer.  Dummer owes all the grrrrrrrrrrrreat decisions she's made to her mother, every single one of them.  

Don't ever change, Phyllis.  I mean that as sincerely as as it sounds.

22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What Phyllis needs to do is marry Nick, then get him to divorce her and give her the hotel as the settlement. Sort of way the GC Buzz went back and forth between Hilary and Devon. 🙄

That makes me wonder why Phyllis doesn't have tons of money of her own already.  She was married to Danny at least twice, married to Jack twice and has been married to Nick three times.  No way Phyllis walked away from her multiple marriages without a hefty payoff each time.  By now she should have more money than any of them.  

21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, don't hold back, boes, tell us how you really feel about Billy! I think my tablet just caught on fire.

Joimiaroxeu, I think I may have a ButtBiscuit problem...... 

He looked like one droopy dreamsicle in his orange jump suit today.  

Lily has obviously learned nothing, nothing at all from her marriage to the boneless and whiny Cow Tippah from Down Undah because she's sniffing around another boneless man baby who's as emotionally squishy as a dead jelly fish singing an endless refrain of Poor Poor Pitiful Me.   Wouldn't she like to be with at least ONE man who isn't still waiting to graduate to Huggies?

Too bad Nina can't stick around. She's been a warm ray of sunshine. Meanwhile, has the Miller/Fisher infestation finally been removed from Chancellor Mansion? Yay! 🥳

I agree, having Nina around was a real treat.  I enjoyed all the Chance and Abby scenes and loved the old clip of Katherine and little Chance.  I'm very happy Show is concentrating some of their energy on a renewed Chancellor presence.

What happened to Gloria?  Do you think that maybe Kevin and Chloe left her behind?  That'd be quite the surprise for the newlyweds.  I hope Gloria hasn't just come and already gone.  It looked like Show had something in the works for Gloria with her shifty and shifting stories about what she was doing in Hollywood.  Or has she left and I missed it?

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

I can't believe we have a Murder Mystery that is dull.  With unlikeable characters.  And Lily has terrible taste in men.  And we don't actually have a murder.    

And Lily's "Thenk Yew" makes my gums hurt.  I mean really, a could-have-been-interesting storyline with these two as the headliners?

Edited by Kemper
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Billy is dreaming, right? Because I really don't like how people can just show up at the jail to taunt prisoners who may not even be convicted yet. I think it harkens back to when people were pilloried. Today we just use social media and blogs and comments sections. 😏

Wow, Abbott Manse looks like Santa's elves knocked back too much eggnog and threw up all over it. 🧑🎄🎄☃️🦌😳

Chaos junkie. Meh, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. How about berserker? 😉

Hey, little DreamJohnny spoke! He usually only grins. Meanwhile, why were DreamJohnny and DreamKatie wearing matching colors? They're not twins.

I'm thinking Victor probably did set Billy up. Alyssa was either an active accomplice for some reason, or a wild card who Victor took advantage of to solidify the case against Billy.

Nah, I don't think John Abbott manipulated his kids. Jack always was the heir apparent. It was Jack and his siblings who had a hard time playing nice with each other. That's another reason why I think they should bring Kemo back. Kyle's smug sense of entitlement is 1000 times worse that Jack's ever was, largely because he doesn't have any jealous siblings to contend with.

Was that the same actress who played Delia as a young child? If so it's nice the show bought her back for an brief appearance.

Geez, Billy must have been putting it on Lily something fierce. Would DreamLily really devote her life to getting him exonerated so she could get some more of that D? Seems like he'd expect her to.

Don't be too hard on yourself, DreamBilly. Half of DreamJohnny the junior delinquent's genes came from grifter Chelsea, and half of hers came from grifter Anita. Odds are he was going to be a hoodlum anyway.

Looks like DreamLily got one of her sleeves caught in the car door and she decided to leave it behind. And oy, someone should've told CK how to pronounce "cause célèbre." 😣

So in the end DreamBilly gets a big ol' tongue bath? Except from permanent naysayer Victor anyway. Ehhhhhhh. 😒

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Billy is dreaming, right? Because I really don't like how people can just show up at the jail to taunt prisoners who may not even be convicted yet. I think it harkens back to when people were pilloried. Today we just use social media and blogs and comments sections. 😏

Really. So 1850. *rolls eyes*

Geez, Billy must have been putting it on Lily something fierce. Would DreamLily really devote her life to getting him exonerated so she could get some more of that D? Seems like he'd expect her to.

Well, it was his dream. I doubt "real" Lily would do that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I really enjoyed today’s episode, I’m a sucker for these takes on Christmas Carol and It’s a Wonderful Life this time of year.  

The Delia actress was giving me Colleen vibes looks wise!

I liked the way she pounded Nostrils on his irresponsibility getting her killed. About damn time.

• Love 13

Captain Obvious that Nostrils was dreaming when he was talking to Adam. But, Adam was correct, that he and Nostrils have a lot in common and cut from the same cloth or should I say ilk. 

Here I go again with my TV show and movie references. Amanda to Perry Mason and now to James Stewart in “It’s a Wonderful Life”.  At least Nostrils dreams the truth about himself but unlike  George Bailey, Nostrils is not a decent human being performing many good deeds. The part of Clarence, the angel, was played by Lily but it’s unknown if Lily earned her wings since I didn’t hear a bell ringing. 

When EB wants to he can act circles around most of the cast. It was also great to see the real DD seven years later. DD made a reference to Nostrils not protecting her but didn’t come out a say directly that he shouldn’t have left her in the car. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

That was an excruciatingly tedious 40 minutes of television.  How many times are they going to do this It's a Buttbuscuit Life nonsense?  This is the third time they've devoted an entire episode to NeverBilly, and he really can't carry all that weight.  It's the rest of the cast that salvages it.  That did look like the real Delia, though.  It was a different girl in the Gum Chewing Billy Dissolves Into A Puddle of Pixels episode, wasn't it?  And I wonder if Teen Johnny is little Johnny's real-life older brother.  The resemblance was uncanny.   Billy claimed to have turned over a new leaf after his ghost coma tour of GC, and also after his boathouse exorcism.  How is this time any different?

• Love 14

Lily can go now.  It's too bad, though.  She was such a breath of fresh air when she came back to Show, free of that Head Cheese named Cane, feisty and funny and unwilling to take any crap.  Then Show decided to make her a ButtBiscuit fetishist and what's been seen can't be unseen, what's been heard can't be unheard and in Lily's case what she's smelled can't be unsmelled.  

Go, Lily, go find that Cow Tipper down under.

giphy.gif

Even he's a step up from ButtBiscuit.

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

That was an excruciatingly tedious 40 minutes of television.  How many times are they going to do this It's a Buttbuscuit Life nonsense?  This is the third time they've devoted an entire episode to NeverBilly, and he really can't carry all that weight.  

Eggg ZACTLY, Snaporaz.  How was this any different?  The only difference I could see was that they'd changed the overhead lighting in ButtBiscuit's nostrils from florescent to LED, otherwise it was just another trip down ButtBiscuit Lane, watch where you step.  Besides, I'm not interested in another Billy ButtBiscuit redemption. All I want to see now is a ButtBiscuit organ donor storyline.  There must be some poor soul out there in desperate need of a nose transplant.

Oh!  The "What happens to lil' Johnny without Daddy ButtBiscuit around" had it's moments but I think it was lacking in credibility.  Rarther than Johnny being some sort of whiz kid at embezzling, I think what would happen in a "ButtBiscuit Jr. gone wrong" story is more likely to be

giphy.gif

this. 

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

That was an excruciatingly tedious 40 minutes of television.  How many times are they going to do this It's a Buttbuscuit Life nonsense?  This is the third time they've devoted an entire episode to NeverBilly, and he really can't carry all that weight.  It's the rest of the cast that salvages it.  That did look like the real Delia, though.  It was a different girl in the Gum Chewing Billy Dissolves Into A Puddle of Pixels episode, wasn't it?  And I wonder if Teen Johnny is little Johnny's real-life older brother.  The resemblance was uncanny.   Billy claimed to have turned over a new leaf after his ghost coma tour of GC, and also after his boathouse exorcism. How is this time any different?

It's not.

How many retreaded Mal Young atrocities, featuring Jason Thompson, do viewers have to be put through? NotBilly reexamining his recklessness and guilt isn't edifying or progress for the character. The putz never changes.

The return tours to Neverland with NotBilly don't have the desired effect of endearing him after years of terminal narcissism. He enjoys rolling around in guilt or engage in a Battle of Assholes with Atonal Adam, all to feed their all-powerful egos.

The worst part was the cast was chewing the scenery trying to sell the episode, while JT was wasting electrons, bored with himself. 

The episode did bring to mind Enter Sandman, covered by Motörhead. 

Wishful thinking ...

Lemmy forever!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait what, you guys didn't enjoy everyone crapping on Billy? Was I watching a different show?

Oh no, I loved hearing everyone give it to him.  It was just the concept that yet again Billy and his angst always leads to some sort of Hallelujah moment.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

Oh no, I loved hearing everyone give it to him.  It was just the concept that yet again Billy nd his angst always leads to some sort of Hallelujah moment.

For me, and keep in mind a show takes me about six minutes to watch [4XFF], it's still about the actor rather than the character. Douglas Marland always comes to mind [like a Dickens ghost?] asking why we should care about this paper-thin construct, no matter how many core characters they throw up against him.

Billy Miller I could have perhaps enjoyed, but this mannequin for a stand-alone?

Why not just work in a near-castration at gunpoint? [Days]

Edited by pearlite
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

And Lily, cause célèbre is not pronounced "caws sell-uh-BRAY." 🙄 I had to rewind my DVR for that one, seeing as how she grew up in Paris. Lordt.

Same school of pronunciation as "ahmwah" [armoire] and "vishyswah" [vichysoisse]. Just has to sound klassy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Same school of pronunciation as "ahmwah" [armoire] and "vishyswah" [vichysoisse]. Just has to sound klassy.

And "walla" [voilà] when you present something to your peeps, like "Walla, here is Austin Travers in the ahmwah. He must have died of vishyswah poisoning".  Or was it blunt force trauma with a bookend?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

Goddam, GC jailhouse always turns into Grand Central Station. Do they really allow every Tom, Dick and Victor to come and  go as they please?

Edited by peacheslatour
DH was talking to me and I left out a couple of words
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2