Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is Chance's bullet wound completely healed already?

40 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Ditto with Chance where all traces of him being shot and the subsequent operation have disappeared. 

Happy New Year!!

I bet it's the Marvin Gaye method of

and there are no co-pays!  

• LOL 17

If, God forbid, I ever get breast cancer or shot I want it to happen in Genoa City, WI. I will recover in no time and be left with no scars!! Yay! I had to laugh at Sharon telling Rey that he was the finest person she’d ever known or some nonsense like that with smiling Nick standing right behind him being best man for someone he barely knows. This is so many kinds of screwed up that it can only be Y&R. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
On 12/31/2020 at 8:05 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Has anyone noticed the black actress who only walks around the Grand Phony, wearing the same ugly green dress?  Please give her some lines and let her change clothes a couple times a week.  

I have, and it drives me crazy! I’m like, how much do they pay that actress to walk through the lobby once per episode, in that same ugly dress, with the exact same hairdo ever since she’s been on. She did have a line last week, however. Just when Kyle and Summer were despairing of receiving their Christmas gifts for each other on time, Ms. Green Dress appeared and said “Excuse me, you each have a delivery.” They must have paid her double for that day. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JMarie99 said:

I have, and it drives me crazy! I’m like, how much do they pay that actress to walk through the lobby once per episode, in that same ugly dress, with the exact same hairdo ever since she’s been on. She did have a line last week, however. Just when Kyle and Summer were despairing of receiving their Christmas gifts for each other on time, Ms. Green Dress appeared and said “Excuse me, you each have a delivery.” They must have paid her double for that day. 

I wonder if she is related to someone working on the show to limit the number of household bubbles interacting on the set.  So she has to play the one and only employee, otherwise Phyllis would have to do intakes on courier deliveries.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Has anyone noticed the black actress who only walks around the Grand Phony, wearing the same ugly green dress? Please give her some lines and let her change clothes a couple times a week.  

From the beginning of the hotel scenes the female staff have worn that dress. Ugly though it may be all the women wear/have worn it because it's apparently the hotel uniform. It's probably more noticeable now because there aren't as many staff people shown in the hotel scenes at one time. Maybe in 2021 Phyllis can let them switch to a different dress type or color. 🙄

As far as the woman in question's hair is concerned, there's a long, not great history in Hollywood and CBS soaps in particular with Black actresses not being able to get their hair styled effectively.* So, many resort to wigs or simple hairdos that don't require much work, or like Mishael Morgan, they pay out of their own pocket to have their hair styled when they're taping. I imagine an extra who doesn't get to speak likely isn't getting paid much, hence the non-changing hairdo.

*Well-known Black actresses, such as Victoria Rowell and Taraji P. Henson have spoken of this. It's been an oddly persistent problem in Hollywood for decades.

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
On 12/31/2020 at 11:14 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sharon's vows actually sounded sincere. Consider me shocked and amazed. I really thought she'd leave Rey at the altar, so to speak.

Wasn't there a point this past summer after the show started airing new eps again where it was looking like she was gonna go back with Adam? What happened to that?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wasn't there a point this past summer after the show started airing new eps again where it was looking like she was gonna go back with Adam? What happened to that?

It just sort of fizzled out.  As I remember it and I may very well be remembering it wrong - Chelsea decided to "fight" for Adam and she and him made some sort of a pact to fight against Victor, Sharon was consumed by her cancer storyline and Rey Rey's support and whatever was happening with her and Adam just ..... stopped.  Maybe there were some impassioned scenes that I've forgotten but it all just went away.

Just like pretty much every storyline on Y&R for the past year, everything leads to a quiet nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, boes said:

It just sort of fizzled out.  As I remember it and I may very well be remembering it wrong - Chelsea decided to "fight" for Adam and she and him made some sort of a pact to fight against Victor, Sharon was consumed by her cancer storyline and Rey Rey's support and whatever was happening with her and Adam just ..... stopped.  Maybe there were some impassioned scenes that I've forgotten but it all just went away.

Just like pretty much every storyline on Y&R for the past year, everything leads to a quiet nothing.

There was that scene with Rey where Adam said Sharon would always come back to him and she was the love of his life and dweeb, dweeb dweeb that Chelzzz overheard and then Adam gave an impassioned speech that he was just messing with Rey and he really, really wanted to be with Chelz.  And then the whole thing went up to the attic to wax it's skis.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

TPTB probably thought we'd love to see lots of sex & closeness between Sharon & Adam since they're a couple in real life. Someone might have suggested that wouldn't fit well with the cancer storyline.  But with Chelsea incapacitated, TPTB may revive the Sharon & Adam SL after a boring honeymoon with Rey, if they ever leave. Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Real talk, but has there ever been a RL couple in the media who ever had chemistry to translate over to TV/film? Apart from Terri Conn and Austin Peck on ATWT, but they were screen partners first before their affair w one another happened.

But for the most part, we all should have learned a lesson on this after Gigli bombed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Real talk, but has there ever been a RL couple in the media who ever had chemistry to translate over to TV/film? Apart from Terri Conn and Austin Peck on ATWT, but they were screen partners first before their affair w one another happened.

But for the most part, we all should have learned a lesson on this after Gigli bombed.

I always thought that Kassie and James DePaiva had chem on OLTL.  And I was a total Blair and Todd stan, but Blair and Max wasn’t bad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

As far as the woman in question's hair is concerned, there's a long, not great history in Hollywood and CBS soaps in particular with Black actresses not being able to get their hair styled effectively.

That’s an interesting perspective, Joimiaroxeu. Thanks. This might also explain why Elena (Britni?) opted for a shorter hairstyle. I like it with the highlights. It perks her up a little. (Even though she usually still looks gloomy, at least her hair is cute!) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The rest of your life, Sharon? Like you spent the rest of your life with Nick? Or Jack? Or Adam? Or Dylan? Or Victor? Shyeah, right. Don't get too comfortable as her husband, Rey.

So Nick basically lives with Phyllis at the hotel now? Who is raising Christian? Besides the nanny and his grandparents, that is.

I think Phyllis is working Nick. If she gets him to marry her and then makes him to want to divorce her again, she can demand the hotel free and clear as the settlement. Or she could try, anyway.

Wow, are they actually killing off Chelsea or will she be sent to a special clinic somewhere until they're ready to start writing for the character again?

Aw, looks like Faith is turning into a regular drunk and she's not much enjoying it. Grandma Nikki will lose her mind when she finds out.

Love how Phyllis made herself look like the hero wrt Adam skulking around at Sharon's wedding. Especially since Phyllis is the one who messed with his head and provoked him into going to the wedding. It's almost like those odd stories about firefighters who commit arson.

Gotta give Nate points for persistence and determination. Elena has been a lot of work for not much payoff so far. And she still hasn't quite let go of Devon.

Ehhh, I feel like Sharon should keep Chelsea's name out her mouth. 😕

Nick, if Phyllis starts making her loan payments in cash that's when you should worry.

Poor Faith. She's realizing she can't really hang with bad influence Jordan. Hopefully she'll stop trying before a major problem ensues that she can't talk her way out of.

I hope Adam soon sees that Phyllis' goading is a big part of the reason he wasn't home when Chelsea collapsed. I could get behind those two going into battle again. T-Rex vs. Velociraptor, baby! 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The rest of your life, Sharon? Like you spent the rest of your life with Nick? Or Jack? Or Adam? Or Dylan? Or Victor? Shyeah, right. Don't get too comfortable as her husband, Rey.

So Nick basically lives with Phyllis at the hotel now? Who is raising Christian? Besides the nanny and his grandparents, that is.

I think Phyllis is working Nick. If she gets him to marry her and then makes him to want to divorce her again, she can demand the hotel free and clear as the settlement. Or she could try, anyway.

Wow, are they actually killing off Chelsea or will she be sent to a special clinic somewhere until they're ready to start writing for the character again?

Aw, looks like Faith is turning into a regular drunk and she's not much enjoying it. Grandma Nikki will lose her mind when she finds out.

Love how Phyllis made herself look like the hero wrt Adam skulking around at Sharon's wedding. Especially since Phyllis is the one who messed with his head and provoked him into going to the wedding. It's almost like those odd stories about firefighters who commit arson.

Gotta give Nate points for persistence and determination. Elena has been a lot of work for not much payoff so far. And she still hasn't quite let go of Devon.

Ehhh, I feel like Sharon should keep Chelsea's name out her mouth. 😕

Nick, if Phyllis starts making her loan payments in cash that's when you should worry.

Poor Faith. She's realizing she can't really hang with bad influence Jordan. Hopefully she'll stop trying before a major problem ensues that she can't talk her way out of.

I hope Adam soon sees that Phyllis' goading is a big part of the reason he wasn't home when Chelsea collapsed. I could get behind those two going into battle again. T-Rex vs. Velociraptor, baby! 😉

Which would prevail? Because if I know anything from my years of extensive study of watching Jurassic Park, the 'raptor wouldn't stand a chance.

• LOL 7

years of extensive study of watching Jurassic Park, the 'raptor wouldn't stand a chance.

I have heard from sources that Jurassic Park had an agenda--backed by the powerful T-Rex lobby--to make T-Rexes look scarier than they really were. I mean come on, with those tiny arms and hands, who are they kidding? Nah, I think a raptor could go berserk on a T-Rex and at least get them extremely discombobulated. A dazed and confused T-Rex is a waste of space AFAIC. 😏

Does anyone know if MCE is ill?

The site that's usually up on bts soap gossip is silent on this. Since MCE is married to a CBS executive I can't imagine they'd be writing her out unless it was her choice. Maybe Chelsea will have a miraculous recovery.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Very romantic a honeymoon in Miami with relatives. I guess that’s par for the course with Mr and Mrs Rosales. Rey is as romantic as a yeast infection. 

We don’t have to see Banana Breath and Phyllis having sex. Just them talking about makes me want to 🤢🤮

Nate and Elena talking about Chelsea in public is a no no but HIPPA Laws be damned.  

Sharon, you little gossip girl, why did you have to ask/tell Banana Breath and Phyllis anything about Chelsea being in the hospital.  Phyllis won’t be able to control herself from telling everyone in GC that Chelsea is in the hospital and that it’s all Adam’s fault.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I hope Adam soon sees that Phyllis' goading is a big part of the reason he wasn't home when Chelsea collapsed. I could get behind those two going into battle again. T-Rex vs. Velociraptor, baby! 

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Which would prevail? Because if I know anything from my years of extensive study of watching Jurassic Park, the 'raptor wouldn't stand a chance.

f36fdfaafcdad5c5505b6dd8b4a5b15f.jpg

• LOL 7

What the hell was wrong with Sharon?  She was so off in her reactions to pretty much everybody to such an extent I thought maybe she'd gotten a big box of marijuana gummy bears and eaten a whole lot more than the recommended dose.  It's a sad day when Phyllis isn't the weirdest person on display.

Not to take away from Phyllis's weird behavior because she was definitely edging towards the arm flapping "Caw Caw" territory.

giphy.gif

I can FLY!

She's still repeating herself SHE'S STILL REPEATING HERSELF except now she says the same line once in a normal (for her anyway) speaking voice and the repeat in her mouse voice.   How much you wanna bet she's paying Nick off by drugging her guests and harvesting their organs?  Oh I jest but......this IS Phyllis.  Stranger things have happened.

Speaking of harvesting organs, I suspect bad things to befall Connor's boarding school once he finds out what's happened to Mommy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Very romantic, a honeymoon in Miami with relatives. I guess that’s par for the course with Mr and Mrs Rosales. Rey is as romantic as a yeast infection.  

I'm not surprised. I've been disinterested in the entire preparations and wedding ceremony for Sharon and Rey Rey. TIIC haven't been invested in the story either.

I thought Abby and Chance's wedding was low key, but tastefully decorated at the Chancellor Mansion (with the old school Y&R videos to give the occasion more gravitas). TIIC didn't bother with Sharon and Rey Rey's wedding. I guess the forgone conclusion is that Sharon will totter off to rescue Atonal Adam from his guilt-ridden morass, so why waste precious production money on an elaborate wedding.

Post-honeymoon, Victor will summon the very anxious Sharon to come to Atonal's emotional aid, and she'll make a new Genoa City land speed record to hold his clammy hand to assure Atonal he shouldn't feel guilty that he was behind Chelsea's fall in the elevator or left Chelsea alone as her aneurysm sprung a leak while he was spying on Sharon's wedding.

Not to worry, you're not responsible for any of the damage you've generated, Atonal. 

We don’t have to see Banana Breath and Phyllis having sex. Just them talking about makes me want to 🤢🤮

No one needs to see that fug ever.

Nate and Elena talking about Chelsea in public is a no no but HIPPA Laws be damned.  

Everyone in Genoa City bellows their personal secrets or private business/medical information in restaurants and hotel lobbies. Dr.s Elena and Natey Nate Nate are a pair of buffoons. 

Is Elena is still letting Natey Nate Nate believe that he might have more sexxxy times with her? Cut him loose. You're not interested in him, you silly bint.

They are beyond boring.

Sharon, you little gossip girl, why did you have to ask/tell Banana Breath and Phyllis anything about Chelsea being in the hospital.  Phyllis won’t be able to control herself from telling everyone in GC that Chelsea is in the hospital and that it’s all Adam’s fault.  

Sharon needs a conduit for information on Atonal *cough* Chelsea, and Nick/Phyllis are her best bet while honeymooning. 

I had to chuckle over Phyllis saying they would pray for unconscious Chelsea ... and there was no lightning strike.

Sharon is deluded about her motivations for marrying Rey Rey.  As much of an non-entity Rey Rey has been written, he doesn't need to be a doormat for Sharon's obsession to salvage Atonal Adam, or to be sneered at by Atonal as he wears Sharon like a hat.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Not to take away from Phyllis's weird behavior because she was definitely edging towards the arm flapping "Caw Caw" territory.

Hmm, maybe I should change the impending (I hope) Phyllis vs Adam battle to Pterodactyl vs. Velociraptor. 😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Grandma Nikki will lose her mind when she finds out.

Maybe they can hang out at the NoName Bar as Drinkki did with Neil.  That was good times.,,,

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Are we to believe TGVN doesn't constantly check his phone? I can't see how he hadn't called Adam back and didn't yet know about Chelsea.

Billy getting schooled by the sistas. I am totally and happily here for it. 🤗

Wonder what kind of hair products Sally uses? Her hair is so shiny, just like Tessa's!

Theo is the gift that keeps on giving apparently. Wonder what else the citizens of GC can blame on him in his absence? I heard he was seen on the grassy knoll back in the day so there's that. 🙄

The ChancComm readers would sympathize with Billy? Who is the audience for that rag, mental hospital patients and people serving life sentences in prison? 🤔

FFS, looks like they're going to milk this Adam and Chelsea leaving GC thing indefinitely. There's always going to be some new issue to stop them from going. I am unable to locate the point.

Ehhh, I'm thinking Sally should not be having a conversation with Summer unless there are referees involved. Summer's like the squirrel at the park that seems cute and friendly until it bites you and you find out it had rabies. 😼

At least Billy sees through Victoria's act. She doesn't want him but doesn't want anyone else to have him either. Good luck with that, Vik.

Victoria, girl bye. You should have Ulterior Motives tattooed on your forehead. But maybe Billy should stop discussing his dating life with her since she gets her panties in such a twist about it.

Is that plant on the Jabot conference room table real? The color doesn't seem like one that occurs in nature.

Summer doing Dua Lipa karaoke. Okay Sally, ease up on the caffeine because now you're just talking nutbaggery. Methinks Summer is more of a Doja Cat gal. And I mean that in the worst possible way. 😑

Hey, Summer, LA called and said no thanks, they don't need any parts of you in their fair city. The Forresters have enough problems right now without you showing up with your petty mean girl stuff.

Wonder if Naya knows Hilary died?

Oh okay, Emmy bait galore for MCE as Chelsea struggles to overcome her stroke. Got it. Hopefully it'll be more realistic than the attempts to depict Sharon's dire medical maladies last year. At worst Sharon looked like she'd had a rough day hitting the sales at the mall.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

FFS, looks like they're going to milk this Adam and Chelsea leaving GC thing indefinitely. There's always going to be some new issue to stop them from going. I am unable to locate the point.

It's like that Twilight Zone episode where the travelling salesman shows up in a small town and he can't get out.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

That was fast. Phyllis must have flapped her wings (caw caw) to get the news out is less than a day. 

Yes Nostrils, paint Lily as the hero and that she gave vital info to the police to get him exonerated.  First of all it makes Rey and Paul look inept and should open questions about how Lily obtained this info.  Does Amanda and Lily really think that Nostrils has changed and that he won’t publish the original story and ask for forgiveness later?  Naw, not at all. I’m sure that’s were he’s off to and tell the reporter that the story hasn’t changed.  

Nikki please just STFU!  You too Olive. Do you two dolts think that Victor should abandon Adam in his time of need?  Of course they do because they are evil witches. Yes Olive, Adam is going to milk this for all the sympathy he can get. I guess Olive’s glasshouse is going to have a few broken windows. 

Give Summer a job out of nepotism and she really thinks she’s “special”.  All things being equal, Summer can’t even sniff Sally’s panties when it comes to smarts and talent.  

Victor to the rescue. Do you think that wouldn’t of happen?  Victor does have a heart, a transplant maybe, but he hasn’t been able to turn it black yet. 

I’m in the school of belief that Adam can be more contrite than Nostrils ever can be. 

Lily is going to learn all of Nostrils deep dark secrets?  That’s a laugh. If the article reveals all of Nostrils nefarious acts it won’t be an article, it will be a book. Gambling, embezzlement, attempted murder, child abuse, adultery, sleeping with Summer, etc could each have a chapter. 

WTF, could TIIC at least have taken Chelsea’s extension out.  I guess bandages are not in the budget.  Or like Thomas, on The Bold & The Beautiful, TIIC could have given Chelsea a knit cap after his brain operation.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Ughh, I hope they serve peanuts on Dummer's flight to LA.  I guess "malign" was on her new 25-Cent Word-A-Day calendar, because I can't see her knowing what that word means on her own.  If she likes to keep her distance from venomous creatures, she should stop hanging around her mother.  Go ahead and sleuth around Los Angeles, moron.  Nothing Sally did there would negate Jack's generous notion that everybody deserves a second chance.  You know, like you got after you bullied a kid so hard he tried to kill himself.  Or like you got after you crashed your car during a temper tantrum and killed your uncle's unborn baby.   Or like you got after you married the guy who tried to kill your aunt.  Or like you got after you seduced your mother's boyfriend. Ughhh...after years of hating Summer, I started to not mind her so much, and now I'm back to hating her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Ughh, I hope they serve peanuts on Dummer's flight to LA.  I guess "malign" was on her new 25-Cent Word-A-Day calendar, because I can't see her knowing what that word means on her own.  If she likes to keep her distance from venomous creatures, she should stop hanging around her mother.  Go ahead and sleuth around Los Angeles, moron.  Nothing Sally did there would negate Jack's generous notion that everybody deserves a second chance.  You know, like you got after you bullied a kid so hard he tried to kill himself.  Or like you got after you crashed your car during a temper tantrum and killed your uncle's unborn baby.   Or like you got after you married the guy who tried to kill your aunt.  Or like you got after you seduced your mother's boyfriend. Ughhh...after years of hating Summer, I started to not mind her so much, and now I'm back to hating her. 

Snaporaz, this post is a thing of beauty.  What exactly did she say or think about Dummer that's not true?  She does only have her job due to neopotism.  If she relied on her skill level, she'd be a beginner speed bump in front of Rexx Rugs.  

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I hope she enjoys spelunking.

In the spirit of ChanceCom now devoting their next issue to the Life and Times of Billy ButtBiscuit I hope, when they turn it into a movie they call it "Booger Nights".  

I'd feel sorrier for Adam if he wasn't such an arrogant putz.  Yelling at hospital staff, even over the phone like he was doing today is such a dick move.  It's the sort of thing ButtBiscuit would do and indeed has done.  There's not a nickel's difference between those two.

Is Show really trying to sell us on the idea that there is a public out there who just can't wait to bathe in the fetid waters of ButtBiscuit's life story?  Is their next  story going to be about how Lauren worked herself up the ladder from being the daughter of the owner of Fenmores to owner of Fenmores?  Maybe a two parter on how Victor's parents dropped him off a no-kill shelter and all he had to eat where last year's fashions, or maybe a story on Nick's decades long struggle to learn how to use a zipper or the heartbreak of Phyllis's affliction of smelling to high heaven of mendacity?  

Where can I subscribe??

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Is Blinky Lawson wearing fake Elsie the Cow eyelashes but no other makeup?  Yawn.  MCE is no Mathieu Amalric, who superbly played journalist Jean-Dominique Bauby in the film version of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Le Scaphandre et le Papillon) based on his memoir describing his life before and after suffering a massive stroke that left him with locked-in syndrome.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is Blinky Lawson wearing fake Elsie the Cow eyelashes but no other makeup?  Yawn.  MCE is no Mathieu Amalric, who superbly played journalist Jean-Dominique Bauby in the film version of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Le Scaphandre et le Papillon) based on his memoir describing his life before and after suffering a massive stroke that left him with locked-in syndrome.

Deirdra, I think you may have a new origin story for the love that is Adam and Chelz.....

A young man, shortly after his murder down on ye old farme, having a celebratory shot of milk sees on tv the woman of his dreams.....

giphy.gif

lactose intolerance be damned....

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Is their next  story going to be about how Lauren worked herself up the ladder from being the daughter of the owner of Fenmores to owner of Fenmores?

Right? Lauren and Jack yucking it up about all the stuff they pulled in their trust fund-having youths to climb the corporate ladders at Fenmores and Jabot almost enraged me. I don't now how with straight faces they can tell Sally she needs to put in the work and not go overboard with her ambition when they pretty much had their careers and fortunes handed to them. It's the same entitled b.s. the Abbotts pulled with Theo over Dina's will. I'm really mystified how the audience is supposed to be reading this weird demonstration of classism, especially given what's happening IRL right now. It's starting to smell like "here, have some cake" to me. Ugh. Maybe it's time to install a guillotine in Chancellor Park.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Right? Lauren and Jack yucking it up about all the stuff they pulled in their trust fund-having youths to climb the corporate ladders at Fenmores and Jabot almost enraged me. I don't now how with straight faces they can tell Sally she needs to put in the work and not go overboard with her ambition when they pretty much had their careers and fortunes handed to them. It's the same entitled b.s. the Abbotts pulled with Theo over Dina's will. I'm really mystified how the audience is supposed to be reading this weird demonstration of classism, especially given what's happening IRL right now. It's starting to smell like "here, have some cake" to me. Ugh. Maybe it's time to install a guillotine in Chancellor Park.

Same with Dummer yesterday. "I worked too hard, for too many years to have that usurper, Sally try to fuck with my rigorous striving of having everything handed to me!"

image.png

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

It's pretty ludicrous to have to listen to Jack or Lauren, or Ashley or any of the Newman kids wax on about the virtues of hard work.  Almost as hard to listen to is Phyllis moaning on about how she has to do everything HERSELF, had to work so hard etc. when we know she grew up the privileged daughter of an investment banker and then spent the rest of her life hosing down everyone and anyone for what she could get from them.

But currently the most obnoxious of all that group would be Kyle and Dummer.  Kyle's so full of condescension and unwarranted self-regard I'm suprised he doesn't float away like a circus balloon and apparently Dummer's vision is restricted to looking down her nose at eveyone who isn't herself or Kyle. 

The only character who really did make it on his own - Victor - bloviates about it so much that I forget it's actually true.  

Hey, did you all catch the groaner yesterday when Nicki said something about Victor and his "unconditional love" for his children??  If she's not been replaced by a body snatcher then she better be back on the booze because.....really??  UNCONDITIONAL LOVE from Victor??

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Sooooo

I thought 86 meant to kill something. 69 to me is a sex position (blushing, I am a shy sex person). This talk reminded me of a family gathering back in the late 70's when my younger brother was walking around just saying "96!" in that I'm 12 and discovered something to annoy the oldsters with and my much older aunt finally yelling across the room "It's 69 you stupid idiot!". 

I was in retail for a lot of years and to me 86 means to ban someone from your establishment. As for 69, my interpretation was the same as yours, where I failed was that I didn't notice the star in front of it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I'm surprised CBS didn't officially preempt Wednesday's show and broadcast it today instead. Whatever, I caught it eventually:

Oh sure, Phyllis is also going to be the "hero" in the Faith situation because Nick and Sharon are too oblivious to look into Jordan and why their daughter is in thrall to her. Guess getting her hairline regularly lowered down her forehead increases Phyllis' brain power. 😼

"Sudden defense of Chelsea's right to make poor life choices." Dang, that was a mouthful for you, Nick. You been watching PBS or something?

Chelsea's not making any life choices right now, Phyllis. She can't speak and can barely move. You're looking a little jealous to me, sweetie.

This new Dr. Cavett is getting quite the build-up, sight unseen. Wonder who she's slated for romantically? Given the actress' apparent age, it might be Jack.

Lol, Victoria was like, "What's this all about, Kevin? You and I ain't hardly pals." But then Kevin started lathering her up like a jumbo bar of soap and she was putty in his hands.

The power of positive thinking, Devon? How positive are you thinking about Elena and your cousin Nate? FOHWTBS. You think positively when it benefits you.

Why is Elena even hanging out at the hotel? She lives with Lola and Nate has a house. I also wonder why Devon is there so much but right not I guess it's because of Amanda.

Good grief, no way should Chelsea be going home already. What's Adam up to here?

Yeah, I'm thinking Victoria deserved that verbal shivving she got from Phyllis. She needs to stop going in the Grungy Pumpkin since she knows her presence provokes Phyllis. It's so unnecessary.

OMG, Phyllis was practically foaming at the mouth in the coffeehouse and Kevin is out of his mind to be thinking about getting involved in a criminal scheme with her. And why would he tell her he'd hacked into the NE servers? Now she can blackmail him too.

I don't know how Chelsea feels about getting released from the hospital into Adam's custody but it looks like a kidnapping to me. He's not her husband or a blood relative, and he shouldn't be exercising total control over her in her disabled state. She has to be scared. (Wonder if Chelsea's mommy Anita will show up?)

Poor Amanda. Bet there's a tragic story behind Naya giving her twins up and Amanda's going to feel bad that she was so angry.

• Love 7

Oh sure, Phyllis is also going to be the "hero" in the Faith situation because Nick and Sharon are too oblivious to look into Jordan and why their daughter is in thrall to her. Guess getting her hairline regularly lowered down her forehead increases Phyllis' brain power. 😼

She looks like she's peeking through a curtain that's desperately trying to close.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Why would Faith be staying with her father and not Mariah in Sharon’s house?  Isn’t that Faith’s home?  Beside Banana Breath is never home. He’s always at the Grand Albatross sniffing Phyllis’ butt. 

Yes Banana Breath, it’s all Adam’s fault. How does he know that Adam kidnapped Chelsea?  Is it now public knowledge?  

I would rather have Chelsea at home then in Nate’s care also.  At best, Nate is just an all around physician a surgeon who’s not a Vascular Neurologist who specializes in stroke victims. Round the clock care is better than you can get in a hospital where, at times, you can’t get help because they are attending another patient.  I’m sure Adam will have a team of stroke certified nurses and certified home care professionals to take care of Chelsea. 

OK, News break. Will now have to pick up the last 1/2 tomorrow. 

And we’re back

Phyllis, I’d rather be alone than with Banana Breath. I’m sure Olive has better orgasms alone than you can ever achieve with Banana Breath.  Banana Breath’s best orgasms, though, aren’t with Phyllis. It’s when he acts superior to the pee-ons of his realm, GC. 

Kevin has graduated from a chipmunk to a rat and Phyllis is still a skunk.  Big whoop Phyllis. Your secret is not even a pin scratch on Olive’s boney ass. Victor would never remove Olive as CEO.  Phyllis, the Grand Albatross was never rightfully yours unless you can consider stealing your right. 

Does Banana Breath actually think he’s sexy?  🤢🤢🤮

I got to say that Chelsea is doing her best Emmy worthy acting by looking ghostly and blinking on cue. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 1/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Are we to believe TGVN doesn't constantly check his phone? I can't see how he hadn't called Adam back and didn't yet know about Chelsea.

Billy getting schooled by the sistas. I am totally and happily here for it. 🤗

They won't - but Adam should call a reporter and dredge up the wedding vid of Billy and Chels where he taped himself publicly humiliating her - how he left (illegally) a small child dressed in black, with an unleashed puppy, in a car on a dark country road. He could have many FACTS about illegal company stuff and all of Bills many horrors and email copies to Jonny and Katie(Newman) 

The ChancComm readers would sympathize with Billy? Who is the audience for that rag, mental hospital patients and people serving life sentences in prison? 🤔

He isn't completely sane and the show should use this - 

If Adam left forever Billy would have no reason to live - So Bye Adam

At least Billy sees through Victoria's act. She doesn't want him but doesn't want anyone else to have him either. Good luck with that, Vik.

Victoria, girl bye. You should have Ulterior Motives tattooed on your forehead. But maybe Billy should stop discussing his dating life with her since she gets her panties in such a twist about it.

She should start banging someone - Billy would be in the middle screeching "My kids!"

Is that plant on the Jabot conference room table real? The color doesn't seem like one that occurs in nature.

It's a Vinylissa fakeropticus

Wonder if Naya knows Hilary died?

Or she was a fan and realized that was her daughter that died

Oh okay, Emmy bait galore for MCE as Chelsea struggles to overcome her stroke. Got it. Hopefully it'll be more realistic than the attempts to depict Sharon's dire medical maladies last year. At worst Sharon looked like she'd had a rough day hitting the sales at the mall.

I trust MCE to do a hardcore story like this like I trust JT doing a mental illness story

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Why would Faith be staying with her father and not Mariah in Sharon’s house?  Isn’t that Faith’s home?  Beside Banana Breath is never home. He’s always at the Grand Albatross sniffing Phyllis’ butt. 

Right? Who is taking care of Christian?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It's interesting to me how people can just walk into Lily's office unexpected and unannounced. Same thing with Devon and Adam's penthouses. What's the value in having an exclusive place to live if anyone can show up at your door at any time? Every penthouse I've ever been in, the elevator wouldn't open on that floor unless you had a key or the resident opened the elevator from their side.

Sally must been getting paid well at Fenmores to be wearing Halston. Maybe she gets an employee discount. Meanwhile, Summer's back to looking frumpy I think.

Please, brick and mortar stores are closing left and right due to increasing online purchasing. A JCV flagship store in LA would have a lot of competition already tuned into the California vibe. IMO Summer is a poor excuse for an  executive. Sigh, let me go short some more of my Fenmores stock.

Jack, I know you have a storied history with a redhead but Sally is one you need to leave alone. Listen to me. 😐 (They do have good chemistry though. Gah!)

Maybe Amanda should sue Naya and have her subpoenaed. Then Naya would have to show up, right? 😏

Was Chelsea strapped into that chair? Silence of the Grifters, lol. Hello Clarice.

I can't with Kyle's bouffant. Who does he think he is, Harry Styles? Watermelon sugar nah.

So is Devon now relegated to giving advice and being a shoulder to lean on? Aw come on. Just bring Dru back. Or Olivia.

Wow, is Billy getting serious about Lily? Hmm, I don't hate it. They're a good-looking couple and have complementary interests. If they break up it'll likely get uncomfortable around ChancComm though.

Summer and Kyle in LA. KMN. If I have to see either of them in swimwear, frolicking in the ocean, I might blow all my future breakfasts. Another soap forum posted some thirst traps from the actor who plays Kyle and all I have to say is, "That which has been seen cannot be unseen." 🥺

Oh Imani, you don't know who you're stepping to. Big Sis Mandy is not one to get all aggressive with. Might need some popcorn for this.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Right? Who is taking care of Christian?

Maybe he is living at the Ranch with Johnny & Katie.  Nick suggested Adam could bring Connor back to GC to play at the Ranch with his cousins, where Nick doesn't live, but assumes someone there would take care of him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Typical Summer, she’s in her very important job, what about a week now, and getting dirt on Sally is more important than doing her job.  I guess that’s important for Kyle also. 

Amanda, your birth mother owes you nothing. She gave you life not the alternative.  

Nostrils, you are jumping to conclusions. You actually don’t know definitely that Adam cut the power. You only think that he confess. You don’t even know for sure that was Adam searching your room. 

Poll:  Which couple is more repulsive?

A.  Banana Breath and Phyllis 

B.  Nostrils and Lily 

C.  Nate and Elena 

• Love 8

Chelsea isn't better off at home but says yet another non-medical person who thinks they know everything.  

I did a speed through of the last two days and there's not much to really bother with IMO except for the possibility of Amanda's search for past.  Otherwise IMO it's just yet one more rehash of the same old crap.  ButtBiscuit hates Adam and Adam thinks everyone done him wrong.  I wish they'd take their fight to the street in front of Rexx Rugs and wait till Nikki falls off the wagon and gets behind the wheel again.  Or, maybe Noah can come back for just one episode where all he does is park on their heads. 

Maybe Chelsea is faking a stroke just to get away from Adam.  Lily should consider doing the same.

I'm hoping that Sally Spectra gives Dummer a super wedgie and introduces her to a high octane swirly.

And I'm with you, Joimiaroxeu

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I can't with Kyle's bouffant. Who does he think he is, Harry Styles? Watermelon sugar nah.

giphy.gif

Somebody needs to squash Kyle's bouffant in the worst way.  

Now if only we could use that spray on ALL of Kyle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Dayum, Sally Spectra is the new Big Red, bitch is in every scene chewing the shit out of multiple storylines and I’m hating ALL OF IT. This bitch needs to g back to B&B, she’s a nightmare and a hack actress. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4