Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Today's episode asks that question as old as time......Can a lady duck and a manly garden slug ever find twuuu happiness together, or is it all just quackery doomed to an endless trail of slug slime, botoxed lips and tears?  Dummer, dear, darling, Daisy-Duck-lipped Dummer, cross-species relationships like you and Kyle can never really work.  One pinch of salt could do him in, while one cross-eyed glance from a duck named Donald and all the Looney tunes in the world won't be enough for your happily ever after.

You gotta lay those golden eggs of twuu lub someplace they will actually hatch.

Tha..tha..tha..That's All, Folks!

I guess I could care less, but then I'd be watching Days of Our Lives.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Abby, you intentionally mowed down Tucker because he slept with Diane and had no regrets other than you didn't do more damage.

Oh, I completely forgot about that! And didn't Victor "punish" her afterward by buying her a new car or am I thinking of Summer? Yeah, Abby was a terror back in the day. Funny how nobody mentions that anymore, especially Kyle. Diane was no angel but the citizens of GC--including his own cousin--did her all kinds of wrong, IMO.

Daisy-Duck-lipped

Is that what look is called? OMG, it almost looked painful to me. Are there people (versus waterfowl) who actually find that attractive?

• Love 10

How are we in the pre-pre-planning stages of Dina's damn funeral and apparently nowhere near close to burying the poor woman? This dementia storyline has been traumatic for many of us, and I can't believe we're having to sit through it being dragged out forever. And even worse, it gives that greasy Hemsworth-wannabe screen time. I'm so thankful to my DVR so that I can FF this crap. 😓

• Love 9

After all of the fantasy scenes, I have a few myself. Someone sews Nick’s pockets closed. Someone shampoos Theo’s greasy hair. Someone deflates Summer’s lips before they explode. Someone runs Phyllis down in front of Rex Rugs and leaves her a greasy spot in the road.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

Wow, why was Sharon being so snarky at Chelsea? She didn't even know yet that Adam and Chelsea had broken up.

Looks like Chance got a spray tan in honor of his new job. Hope the bed sheets aren't discolored now. 😟

But Chelsea, if you don't want to get into it with Sharon, why go to her coffeehouse? You must have something wrong with your head, huh?   😼

Ashley's hair looked nice today. In fact, I thought she looked all-around great.

Huh, I thought Chance and Adam had ended their friendship. I don't get why Chance went over to the penthouse showing concern for him again. He must have better things to do than keep acting as Adam's self-appointed guardian.

Please, Kyle hardly pulled out all the stops, Summer. He maybe pulled out a half a stop. Don't fall for it. Assume you're worth more than his least possible effort.

Geez, when Theo noticed everyone's piece of Dina's necklace. That was a bit of a gut punch for him emotionally. AFAIC the Abbotts--Jack in particular--really sh!t the bed by overlooking Theo in their tributes to Dina.

Guess Abby is a non-entity to Adam. She didn't even merit an invite to his latest attempt to take his ball and go home.

Loving two people at once? GMAFB. Bet if Lola and Summer were teetering on the edge of a steep cliff and he could only save one of them, Kyle could make a choice. Or he'd just let both of them fall and then go update his dating site profile.

KYLE! Oh you really are begging for beatdown. Do it, Theo! Shut that twerp's smirking mouth.

Phyllis, Summer has to keep rushing into things with Kyle because she knows he has the attention span of a gnat as far as romance is concerned. Maybe you could pull out your old copy of this for her to read:

HJ3mpgS.jpg

Chelsea has designer's block. Awww, too badsies. Cue Sally Spectra!

Adam Wilson. Meh. Different name, same psycho. I think if Adam wants to rid himself of all connections to the Newmans he should move away. Hear tell Neptune is nice this time of the year.

Jack and Kyle were wearing matching colors again. Do they text each other every morning to coordinate their outfits? 🤔

Ugh, Kyle. Get over yourself. Yes Summer is a bit jealous and insecure but you helped make her that way. Do you ever take the blame for any of the crap you do? 😒

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Why did TIIC bring back Chloe. As far as I’m concerned, she’s useless and a very inessential entity in GC.  Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. 

I smell either Theo or someone in Graham’s family contesting Dina’s will. The clue is that there was one change, to Dina’s will, after Graham.  The changed will could be voided due to the fact that Dina was already diagnosed with Alzheimer’s before she and Graham came to GC plus it was more advanced after Graham’s demise. 

I guess it’s true that you don’t have to be married to start a family. Abby and Chance are the prime example of a 1/2 ass commitment or having your cake but not eating it.  Ashley you should be proud to be called grandma. 

I understand Adam wanting to change his name and disassociating himself with the Newmans.  Olive Oyl and Banana Breath only give a shit about themselves. I’m glad  but It was a long time coming. I do feel bad for Victor especially since he truly cared about Adam.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Granted I didn’t watch all the Theo/Summer/Kyle/Lola shenanigans and really just started watching again when they were playing the old episodes so I don’t know much about Theo. But man, those Abbotts suck. They have treated Theo like crap this last week or so. Didn’t invite him to see Dina one last time, didn’t tell him about the necklace and now Jack didn’t even give him a piece of it. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Guess Abby is a non-entity to Adam. She didn't even merit an invite to his latest attempt to take his ball and go home.

She wasn’t birthed from Nikki’s loins so she doesn’t count. And given Abby’s daydream nightmare of Adam, she doesn’t think much of him either.

Adam changing his name to Wilson has me of two minds- either he’s purposefully distancing himself from Newman so he can see them as separate from himself with no connection or loyalties or ties since they no longer share the same name and thus can really unleash Hell on them with little to no regret or he is trying to cut what he thinks is toxic baggage and a dirty slate so that he can ‘start fresh’ and forge a healthier psyche by living better doing good as Adam Wilson. It’s actually a parallel with Billy and his alternate personas and given Victoria just brought that up to Billy maybe the show is playing that with Adam as well.

Nick and Victoria are tiresome. They say they don’t give a crap about Adam or what he does and he’s not a real Newman and want him to drop off the face of the earth and yet when he tells them he’s renouncing the Newman name and Victor shows them proof, they’re all ‘Well, he’s a drama queen dontcha think?’ Just goes to show on some level they do accept him as a sibling but they like having him around as the puppy to kick around because they know Victor loves him and like battling him.  Victor loves Abby too, but not like Adam and it pisses Nick and Victoria off 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

16 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

She wasn’t birthed from Nikki’s loins so she doesn’t count. And given Abby’s daydream nightmare of Adam, she doesn’t think much of him either.

Perhaps. It could have to do with Atonal keeping Chance at arms length. Not including Abby in his Grand Farewell To My Enemies keeps Chance out of the loop with the latest plan Atonal Adam is launching at the people that have moved on.

Adam changing his name to Wilson has me of two minds- either he’s purposefully distancing himself from Newman so he can see them as separate from himself with no connection or loyalties or ties since they no longer share the same name and thus can really unleash Hell on them with little to no regret or he is trying to cut what he thinks is toxic baggage and a dirty slate so that he can ‘start fresh’ and forge a healthier psyche by living better doing good as Adam Wilson. It’s actually a parallel with Billy and his alternate personas and given Victoria just brought that up to Billy maybe the show is playing that with Adam as well.

Atonal has a long history of amnesia-like episodes, so if he's flipping the switch on his name because of some sort of trauma, it's entirely imaginary and self-imposed. He hasn't had his bell rung in months, and pushing Chelsea away is no major loss to him when he's still obsessed with Sharon. So what's the damage to the drama queen and his fragile psyche? Nothing, except the neurotic bug up his ass to ruin someone's day out of jealousy.

There's no reason to believe Atonal is done with the Newman's.

Atonal Adam changing his surname back to Wilson is to absolve himself of all responsibility for the crimes done under the name of Newman -- No longer a Newman allows him to wash the blood from his hands and start life anew. But Atonal's first murder was when he was when he was 11 yo Adam Wilson, or when he was the malevolent amnesiac Spider in Las Vegas, killing some guy threatening Chance; the symbolic gesture of shrugging off the Newman mantle doesn't work according to his manifestation of consciousness or 'epiphany.' 

I guess everyone will have to wait for the personality 'epiphany,' because Atonal Adam's still an obtuse, sneering rat bastard.

Atonal Adam is still who he is and what he has done, no matter what name he's called. The adage 'Wherever you go there you are,' is too true when it comes to Atonal's base nature. He cannot run away, sign away, wish away what he is.

Nick and Victoria are tiresome. They say they don’t give a crap about Adam or what he does and he’s not a real Newman and want him to drop off the face of the earth and yet when he tells them he’s renouncing the Newman name and Victor shows them proof, they’re all ‘Well, he’s a drama queen dontcha think?’ Just goes to show on some level they do accept him as a sibling but they like having him around as the puppy to kick around because they know Victor loves him and like battling him.  Victor loves Abby too, but not like Adam and it pisses Nick and Victoria off 😂

Nick and Victoria are well aware of Atonal Adam saying one thing, to turn around and carpet bomb their lives. They care a lot about Atonal. His first thought is to kick them in the teeth, with Victor's blessing and justifications for his malicious behavior. To Atonal, Nick and Victoria are barriers to be demolished so he can be the only Newman heir and take over everything Victor has built.

Why should they welcome a repeat performance of Atonal Adam lying, stealing, destroying, suing, undermining, kidnapping, killing, cheating, gloating, and his constant grinding contempt? You keep someone like this in prison for Delia's hit-and-run as a Black Disciple piñata.

Victor over-compensated for being absent in Atonal's early life by giving him everything. AA's ruthless, vindictive resentfulness is a mirror image of Victor's attitude toward domination, and identifies that behavior as strength, competency and CEO material. Unlike Victor, anything Atonal has set his mind to has blown up spectacularly in his face. 

Victoria and Nick were raised to be subjects of Victor's hard work and finagling, but he held his failure to turn them into Victor Newman automatons against them. They were their own personalities, for good or ill, and that wasn't good enough for Victor. Atonal shows up in Genoa City, already neck-deep in some underhanded scheme with Sky, and Victor saw a child of his after his own heart and philosophy. Maybe if Nick and Victoria had tried to kill Victor a couple of times he would have held them deeper regard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I would have been a lot more impressed with Adam's grand gesture if instead of changing his name back to Adam Wilson, that instead he'd changed his name to Rosanne Rosannadanna.

Theo being forgotten the way he was, was very out of character for Jack, and goes against how he and Theo's relationship has been portrayed so far.  The whole family treating him like crap is a little too plot pointy for me.  

Hey, look!  Nick's got spit curls now, and they're made with actual spit!  

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, boes said:

I would have been a lot more impressed with Adam's grand gesture if instead of changing his name back to Adam Wilson, that instead he'd changed his name to Rosanne Rosannadanna. 

c71209b121ebb066f29803e405330ae5.jpg

IDK.

Even Rosanne Rosannadanna has her doubts that Atonal Adam could carry off the wig, much less the wardrobe.

Theo being forgotten the way he was, was very out of character for Jack, and goes against how he and Theo's relationship has been portrayed so far.  The whole family treating him like crap is a little too plot pointy for me.  

It's hard to imagine that Jack (or Tracy) would overlook Theo on Dina's last day or forget to have an emerald bobble made from the necklace for him. It's completely out of character after everything Jack did to include Theo as a family member. In spite of being fired from Jabot, Jack was disappointed with his performance, primarily pitying Theo. Deliberately cutting Theo out of the Abbott family didn't seem to be a direction Jack would go with him.

But Kyle is still holding a grudge, and too immature to keep silent, choosing to accuse Theo of going after Dina's money -- Which I expect TIIC to ignore Show history, and add a glitch in Dina's will that will give Theo an opportunity to cause a stink, with self-identified Best Lawyer On The Planet Hillary 2.0 as his legal representative. 

<Blerg>

Hey, look!  Nick's got spit curls now, and they're made with actual spit! 

That was awful. What is the problem with the hair dressing on Show?

This is no way to win a Daytime Emmy nomination.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Putting Johnny in Atonal's presence would be too tempting an opportunity for AA to resist. Manipulating, lying or hurting Johnny to torment NotBilly and Victoria is right in middle of his wheelhouse. 

Nah, that would be Billy - If he's not negligently bumping off his own kid he's using and screwing someone elses kid to get revenge. Connor better watch his back.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, blackwing said:

They need to can this actress.  How many times has she left the show now, only to come crawling back when her other aspirations fail?  I find her to be awful, I don't care how many Emmys she has bought.  Because Michael Muhney allegedly touched her breasts, we are stuck with her for as long as she wants to stay?  Terrible.

It must be hell that your look-a-like sister is way more talented than you and gets noms for 'real' emmys. 

And those lips....yikes

On 10/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, blackwing said:

I would love a murder mystery with her as the victim.  When was the last time this show had a good mystery?  The murder of Diane Jenkins, the gaslighting of Sharon by not-dead Cameron Kirsten, who is Mariah with the black hand that turned white.  Those are the ones I can remember easily and they were a long time ago.  Anything more recent?

I thought they should do a series of Mysterys like dateline. The actors could literally work from thier dressing room and they could use flashbacks. lord knows they have left enough unsolved/unfinshed mysteries. Adam could have a ball pointing out all the dirty deeds GC minions have done. "Tonight on WHODUNIT...." 

The best would be that Victor hid  evedence that a drunk Nikki plowed down DD (Only I'd have Kelly return to take the actual blame) Explains why Prick is too overly daddy-bear with Adam - Guilt.

On 10/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, nilyank said:

I cracked up today with all the silly fantasies Summer, Abby and Elena were having. I don't know what was funnier, Summer think Kyle and Lola were going at it in the middle of the restaurant or Abby thinking that Adam set up a bunch a bombs to kill all the Newmans.

come on - Clo is the mad bomber but that's OK. 

51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

What would you call what happened to Paul's hair & rug? Marcelled?

Don't make fun or he'll go bacl to shoe-polish

• LOL 4

I thought they should do a series of Mysterys like dateline. The actors could literally work from thier dressing room and they could use flashbacks. lord knows they have left enough unsolved/unfinshed mysteries. Adam could have a ball pointing out all the dirty deeds GC minions have done. "Tonight on WHODUNIT...." 

That would be AWESOME!

• Love 5

I can't believe those two lowlife bimbos were stinking up Kay Chancellor's home like they're not both walking, talking bundles of poop. Chelsea's got a boo-boo on her head? Gee, maybe she should give crazypants Thomas Forrester out in LA a call since he can probably relate right now.

Sigh, Nate, I want to say you should know better than pursue a woman who's still in love with another guy but then I remember who your mommy is. Let's see, how about the time Olivia slept with her bestie's husband while said BFF was dying of a critical illness? You learned that crap at home, Nate.

Someone on another soap forum has floated speculation that Amanda and Hilary's mommy is none other than Nina. Which would make Chance and Amanda half-siblings. Thing is though, Chance and Amanda are kind of close in age, aren't they? When did Nina have a gap of time to go away and get pregnant, have twins, and then return to GC like nothing happened? Heh, maybe Ronan wasn't Nina's first ride on the teen pregnancy carousel. 🙄 But whatever, if it were true that would sort of connect Amanda to the Chancellors, just like Devon.

Miles. Oy, that baby is like a sandbag wrapped in blankets. He doesn't move or make a sound. Maybe he's too scared, given who his parents and godmother are.

I'm surprised Nate stood still for Lily invoking Neil's name when she tried to shame him. Neil did plenty damage to the Winters family solidarity himself and they both know it. Exhibit #47: Sofia and their little brother/cousin Moses.

AFAIC, Adam doesn't deserve Jack's continued loyalty or patience. The whole time they were talking at Society I was waiting for Adam to pull a face and sneer, "Why so serious?" He's like a Batman villain to me, minus the henchmen. (And Billy can only wish he were Bruce Wayne.)

Kinda slick the way Billy got Lily to go on a date with him without telling her it was a date. She didn't seem to mind though. 💕

Chelsea squatting at the Chancellor estate? Lock up the good silver, Esther.

Devon, you should've left well enough alone. Nothing you or Elena can say now will change what happened. Why keep pushing the knife in deeper?

Lily! Didn't Victoria tell you to stay away from Billy? Ooooooh, you're gonna be in big trouble, missy. 🍑🍆🎂🍌🍒

Hilary's going to Evanston to find out about her birth mother. Hmm, who in GC went to Northwestern?

Re the previews: Sally Spectra vs. Summer? Aw yiss. Sally can handle Summer with one hand tied behind her back. Please keep Kyle away from Sally though. She just went though some needless heartbreak with another waffling POS back in LA. 🤗

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Lily!  LILY!!  No!  If you need to live dangerously, then leave a Taco Bell Gordita Supreme in your car for three days and then eat it on a long road trip but DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT get on the elevator with ButtBiscuit.  What the hell, Lily, were you out of town or in jail when he and Phyllis gummed up the elevators at Jabot on a daily basis?  If you think you feel guilty about causing Hilary's death, just wait till all the elevators in the Gland Felix collapses due to ButtBiscuit excretions. 

I could smell doom in the air (a slightly more rancid version of the usual ButtBiscuit mixed scents of utter despair and American cheese singles ButtBiscuit carries in his armpits) the second Lily started singing his praises.

As Lily enumerated, "Your devotion to your children, your dedication to your job, remembering to zip up almost every other time, opening beer bottles with your nose, looking as dashing as Death in your 3-piece suit, faultlessly farting out the entire soundtrack to Les Miserables", we could all see the writing on the bathroom stall.  Bye, Lily.  Your return to the living was short-lived.

Oh Adam, the only persons in town stupid enough to give even grudging credence to your latest "I've changed, I really have", are Nick and ButtBiscuit.  And you might want to remember, the problem isn't your name.

So the latest revision to the Adam/Victor story is that Victor just loves loves loves Adam SOOOO much that he is always favoring him, always excusing him, always putting him ahead of his other kids.  Nobody has yet to explain how Victor setting him up and getting him convicted of Constance Bingham's murder, and sent away for 20 to life was another example of Victor's love for his son.  I get no answer from my magic 8 Ball on that one.

I'm assuming, going by today's episode ending with Adam typing and next week's preview of Chelsea's shocked "What did you DO?", that Adam is writing his Tinder profile.  That would be plenty horrific on its own. 

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I can't believe those two lowlife bimbos were stinking up Kay Chancellor's home like they're not both walking, talking bundles of poop. Chelsea's got a boo-boo on her head? Gee, maybe she should give crazypants Thomas Forrester out in LA a call since he can probably relate right now.

That was so annoying.   Meanwhile, Chance is living in the Ghastly Prostate, Phyllis' "boutique" hotel and the Chancellor Mansion is filled with evil Muppet mutations.  I'm so hoping Jill comes home and cleans house.  And who the hell is Chloe to invite ANYONE to move in??  Esther, yeah, I guess she would have the right if anyone other than Jill does, and she's just a big enough dolt to do it, but Chloe?  Nah.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, boes said:

Lily!  LILY!!  No!  If you need to live dangerously, then leave a Taco Bell Gordita Supreme in your car for three days and then eat it on a long road trip but DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT get on the elevator with ButtBiscuit.  What the hell, Lily, were you out of town or in jail when he and Phyllis gummed up the elevators at Jabot on a daily basis?  If you think you feel guilty about causing Hilary's death, just wait till all the elevators in the Gland Felix collapses due to ButtBiscuit excretions. 

As soon as those elevator doors closed, I immediately felt the need to shower.

/shudder

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Chloe is more annoying than a bleeding hemorrhoid. More annoying than Shingles. More annoying than Crickets hiding in your bedroom when you’re trying to fall asleep. But the worse of all is that she’s more annoying than Nostrils for that matter Kevin. 

So now Chancellor Manner is the Chipmunk’s home?  Does Kevin have a job?  I don’t remember if he’s back at the GCPD.  If not, the Chipmunks are living high on the hog off Esther.  Maybe that’s why Chloe wants to revive Chelsea 2.0 so Chelsea could supply them with acorns.  The Chipmunk are nothing but grifters and that’s why Chelsea would fit right in.  

Give it up Elena, Devon was 100% correct. If you didn’t want Nate, at some subliminal level, you wouldn’t have cheated with him. Geez Louise Elena, Devon is mean?  Give me a break, you were the mean one Ms Grinch.  

Give me a fucking break, Lily going to kiss Nostrils?  If that happens, Lily will turn Nostrils to his original self as a toad and Lily will get warts all over her lips and tongue.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Or Amanda could just spit in a few tubes and see if any cousins or sibs turn up. Or she could hire the fluffy, beautiful blond lady to find her genetic geniology fambly

Exactly.  CeCe Moore or an Ancestry genetic genealogist could find her relatives like on an episode of "Long Lost Family". And would take less time because the Y&R writers just make it up.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Anyone else getting a death vibe about Chance? Lots of talk about he and Abby getting serious and oh noes! the job is so dangerous?  How Chance is the one! It’s seeming a bit heavy handed IMO. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Useful 1

I don't know but now you're making me wonder. 

This Dina storyline is really hard to watch since my own grandmother just died Wednesday night and had Alzheimer's. It's hitting really close to home and I'm not thrilled. 

Just now, jewel21 said:

I don't know but now you're making me wonder. 

This Dina storyline is really hard to watch since my own grandmother just died Wednesday night and had Alzheimer's. It's hitting really close to home and I'm not thrilled. 

I've had a problem with it the whole time. I wish they wouldn't drag things like in for plot points.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 10/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, basiltherat said:

Would YOU want to get that close to Banana if you were a makeup artist?!  And we don't know if bonobos can spread the 'Rona.

Not particularly, but a HAZMAT suit with a re-breather, then you wouldn't have to share the same atmosphere.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:37 PM, boes said:

I could smell doom in the air (a slightly more rancid version of the usual ButtBiscuit mixed scents of utter despair and American cheese singles ButtBiscuit carries in his armpits) the second Lily started singing his praises.

As Lily enumerated, "Your devotion to your children, your dedication to your job, remembering to zip up almost every other time, opening beer bottles with your nose, looking as dashing as Death in your 3-piece suit, faultlessly farting out the entire soundtrack to Les Miserables", we could all see the writing on the bathroom stall.  Bye, Lily.  Your return to the living was short-lived.

How did Lily devolve back into a woman so in need of the view from the gutter that she chose to boink in an elevator, living it up when she's going down on NotBilly? -- to misappropriate Joe Perry and Steven Tyler

TIIC disappeared 99% of the Winters/Ashby family, then brought Lily back, upright and reformed, reconfigured as a professional business person to run Chancellor Industries' fictional online media gossip/news rag, ride roughshod on NotBilly's worst personal inclinations (and failed on his their 1st dustup), all to waste her as NotBilly's latest fuck buddy and garbage manager?

<shakes head>

Oh Adam, the only persons in town stupid enough to give even grudging credence to your latest "I've changed, I really have", are Nick and ButtBiscuit.  And you might want to remember, the problem isn't your name.

It's that dried up husk in the corner of his dain bramaged box where his conscience might have been located. 

So the latest revision to the Adam/Victor story is that Victor just loves loves loves Adam SOOOO much that he is always favoring him, always excusing him, always putting him ahead of his other kids.  Nobody has yet to explain how Victor setting him up and getting him convicted of Constance Bingham's murder, and sent away for 20 to life was another example of Victor's love for his son. I get no answer from my magic 8 Ball on that one.

Well, sure. Why not ... It was 20 years to 40 minutes in Y&R Soap Time ... Atonal Adam and TIIC got over it, why can't you?

We already know Victor only loves those he can consistently fool, manipulate or beat shadow boxing.

TIIC haven't come up with anything original for the Atonal/Victor dynamic, may as well play on how Victor constantly pushes Victoria aside, justifies handing Atonal Adam the keys to the Newman Fiefdom, though he's never run a multinational corporation without one of his scathingly brilliant schemes launching a cream pie barrage or nearly killing someone.. 

Atonal has been a business failure from the first time he showed up in Genoa City, with Sky and the sheriff's hounds baying at their heels. 

It doesn't matter if Victor favors Atonal over all the other taxidermied heads on his wall, Atonal has his own ideas and he only trusts the neurotically squeaking hamster-wheel spinning in his pointed skull. His loyalty belongs to his delusions alone.

I'm assuming, going by today's episode ending with Adam typing and next week's preview of Chelsea's shocked "What did you DO?", that Adam is writing his Tinder profile.  That would be plenty horrific on its own. 

Atonal on the interwebs dating scene? A thoroughly grim prospect and wasting precious electrons needed by more viable interwebsters.

That was so annoying.   Meanwhile, Chance is living in the Ghastly Prostate, Phyllis' "boutique" hotel and the Chancellor Mansion is filled with evil Muppet mutations.  I'm so hoping Jill comes home and cleans house.  And who the hell is Chloe to invite ANYONE to move in??  Esther, yeah, I guess she would have the right if anyone other than Jill does, and she's just a big enough dolt to do it, but Chloe?  Nah.

I've never understood why Chance was slumming it at The Phoenix, while there's a perfectly good family mansion filled with interlopers in need of clearing out.

I thought Esther and Jill shared the ownership of the Chancellor Manse? Chloe invites Chelsea to pick a wing, without discussing it with her mother and Kevin is in full agreement ... Of, course. Esther is chopped liver, though she's paying the bills.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

It’s official. Kyle is five years old. 

Though that sad/worried face he keeps making looks more like a two year old's, especially when his eyes & hair look like he has just awakened from his nap.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I'm a Kyle apologist but today I was rolling my eyes at the dude.  Kyle, for better or for worse, Theo is part of the family but you know damn well that you are not ever being pushed out of the family for him. Puh-leeze.

And of course they have to have snotty Kyle be proven right that Theo is up to no good. That look Theo had at the end as he downed his drinks was not happy. On one hand, I get why Theo is ready to ambush the Abbotts - they run hot and cold on how they treat him like family. On the other, dude, you ARE still pretty new. And they lost their mother who they knew a heck of a longer time than they did you. Forgive them (not Kyle) of these missteps in the newnwess of their grief.

How I wish they had stayed with what seemed the original plan for Theo - a quad with Summer/Fenmore/Ana to also possibly include Kyle/Lola. That group of six could've been fire -especially if there was also some history between Theo/Kyle with Theo perhaps having a crush on Kyle that was unrequited.

• Love 8

Since when are the Abbotts Catholic? Or do Episcopalians also do confessions? Whatever, if Kyle goes to confession he'll have get the whole day blocked off to cover everything he's done. 😑

I really don't like Lola propping Summer & Kyle. She may have accepted the divorce but I just don't feel like she needs to be cheerleading those two dirtbags.

Huh, Ashley really does have Dina's cheekbones.

Jack, how clueless are you? As her grandson, Theo wanted a piece of Dina's necklace too, he just didn't want to have to ask for it. Why did you double-down on excluding him? Sigh, you're probably going to live to regret your thoughtlessness.😞

How is it that anyone can just wander through the Society kitchen when food is being prepared? Ugh, I wouldn't eat there if they paid me.😝

I think I'm going to have nightmares about the Abbotts dancing today. Apparently all sense of rhythm in the room got terrified and fled the locale. Plus, with social distancing it looked weird to me, like they were having some kind of full-body involuntary spasms.

Interesting the way Traci and Theo pronounced "grande dame." They said it to rhyme with "fan yam" versus "fond tom" Was that an Upper Midwest variation?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Waahh! I’ve had a small crush on the actor who plays Jack since I was a young girl and he was Cliff on All My Children, but that dancing scene may have ended it.

And really Jack, would it kill you to admit you messed up and find a way to get Theo a piece of that gem? I thought you were better than that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Waahh! I’ve had a small crush on the actor who plays Jack since I was a young girl and he was Cliff on All My Children, but that dancing scene may have ended it.

And really Jack, would it kill you to admit you messed up and find a way to get Theo a piece of that gem? I thought you were better than that.

Seriously. And him being so upset before the memorial about something they all knew was inevitable was really a bit much.

• Love 9

Jack should have included Theo from the very beginning, when Dina was being presented with the Emerald Necklace of Family Dysfunction.  And given him a gem for his watch fob.  Or he should have not have had him over to "plan" the memorial and have him see that he was excluded from the great emerald give-away.  Either one or the other, not this whole oopsie thing -- that's not the real Jack, that's just lazy writing to manufacture conflict.  And I think the unrequited love is Kyle for Theo -- he's being such a little bitch about All Things Theo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

Only on Y&R:

What a wonderful job being a detective for the GCPD in being able to take a personal day after being on the job for a few days. Tracy, up front is meant for family members. Saving a seat is not required.  Did I miss something?  They went to Society before church or after church?  Hey Jack, when are you giving Lauren back her stone?  

Next time you want to match whits with Lola don’t bring a peashooter when Lola has a gun. With matching whits with Mariah, it’s a peashooter to a cannon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, lgprimes said:

This is all TIIC could come up with for Dina's funeral reception. 

Awkward³.

I was embarrassed watching the Abbott's swing their arms about while jittering in place to Dina's favorite song.

If Jack wanted to do something (which does not seem to be the case) to calm Theo's disappointment and open resentment at not being contacted about Dina's last day, he could take one of the stones in his set of cufflinks and have it reset as a fob for Theo's watch chain or a tie pin.

But that won't happen, because there's no manufactured drama to be gleaned in attempting to make right a lack of foresight and good manners by the Abbott's to make a single phone call or text to Theo.

I don't care how many excuses are delivered to Theo in gentle, appealing tones by the Abbott's. They were rude and thoughtless, and it's entirely in their hands to rectify and calm future hostilities with Theo VanderBragin'.

• Love 12

How do you pay in cash for a phone order? Even if you use a debit card or one of those money transfer apps the transaction has to go through a third party. Was Adam going to send a courier with a black bag full of dollar bills? 🤔

I thought Nicki looked mature glamour girl fabulous today.

What is this Jordan chick up to with Faith? It feels like there's a long con going on. In fact, she might be behind the people bullying Faith so she can seem like Faith's protector. 😐

Actually, Nick, Victor did do business like Victoria is handling Phyllis. Ask any of the Abbotts, especially Jack. Phyllis should be grateful she hasn't been replaced by a doppelgänger.

But Phyllis, it's not your hotel anymore. Math may be hard for you sweetie but 75% beats 25% any day of the week. Climb out of your own butt before you get permanently lodged in there. 😒

Ehhh, Chelsea trying to use Johnny as a substitute for Connor seems sus as the kids say. I still think she's going to hold Johnny hostage until Billy prints a retraction of and an apology for the Adam exposé. Sure, after which Billy will put the all toothpaste back in all the tubes.

Faith, you should listen to Summer. As far as being a sneaky brat was concerned, your big sister practically went pro. You might need Summer's expert mean girl help when your new bestie shows her true colors.

I liked Phyllis' dress today. It didn't seem as severe to me as her usual bodycon outfits.

So what is Victoria about to pull with Phyllis because she is definitely not opting to play nice with her. Eventually the cat either eats the bug or leaves it for dead. I'm unsure whether to cheer Victoria on or not.

Wow. Faith was kinda looking what the old folks back in day called "fast." Not that she can't dress however she wants but she might not realize yet that some older boys tend to judge the book by its cover. Hope she knows how to handle herself or Sharon's teenage history might repeat itself.

Sally is a fashion designer. What job could she be getting at Jabot? They don't sell clothes. Not yet, anyway.

Chelsea agreed to be Victor's stooge against Adam? This likely won't end well. Meanwhile, unless Adam is buying blocks of plastic explosive on the dark web and having them staged near the Newman ranch, I can't imagine what he could be doing that a) would shock Chelsea, or b) he hasn't tried before. Yawn, I feel like 🎶 Josh G. and the MWTs 🎶 are setting us up for a let down. Again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Actually, Nick, Victor did do business like Victoria is handling Phyllis. Ask any of the Abbotts, especially Jack. Phyllis should be grateful she hasn't been replaced by a doppelgänger.

Yeah, I caught that one too. I may have snorted tea out my nose. 🍵

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Maybe she'll do business with Lauren. She should be at Fenmore's.

Probably but I don't know why she'd be looking for Fenmore's in the Jabot offices. I thought Jack had sold Jabot's interest in Fenmore's back to Lauren?

• Love 4

Phyllis/Banana Breath sex fantasy 🤢🤢🤮🤮

With Jordan and Faith being together at CL, it’s even more obvious the difference in age. The actress, who plays Jordan, is 19 while Faith is really 13.  Did I miss something, are they trying to portray Faith a couple of years older?  Wow, Summer is actually more intuitive than Banana Breath and Sharon in seeing that Jordan might be too old to be Faith’s friend.  But, alas Summer reverts to her dumb self and let’s Faith pull the wool over her eyes. Jordan is only 2 years older 😳?  

Wasn’t it Phyllis’ idea in the first place to give NE customers a cut rate?  So why if it’s Olive Oyl’s Idea is it all wrong. Did Phyllis even want a prepayment?  WTF?  Phyllis and Olive want to have a big bash?  How does that make money?  Are they going to charge the guest for a party they might not want unless it’s free.  Banana Breath is uncouth with man-spreading in front of his sister. That’s Nostrils’ job.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I’m so confused!  Who’s house party was Faith at?  Who is rich enough in GC to have an indoor pool other than the Newmans, Abbotts, or Chancellors???  I mean that was a pool party they were at, correct?  Help me, perverts!  I’m so confused!!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I’m so confused!  Who’s house party was Faith at?  Who is rich enough in GC to have an indoor pool other than the Newmans, Abbotts, or Chancellors???  I mean that was a pool party they were at, correct?  Help me, perverts!  I’m so confused!!!!!

Yesterday, her 40 year old friend from middle school got a text from some HAWT HAWT HAWT boy who isn't a Newman or an Abbot and he has this really HUGE indoor pool and Faith and her Tina Louise wannabe were going to set sail on the Minnow for some hijinks.  

I'm suspecting the kid who is having the party is the son of the String Cheese King of Southern Wisconsin.   Tons of money and all the dairy products you can imagine RIGHT at your fingertips.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ok Preverts who watch B&B. What is a Sally Spectra? I take it shes a Bad Girl of some sort. Is she going to boink Nick, Adam or Buttbiscuit?

Yes.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Sally is way too  smart for Banana Breath. I fear they are throwing her in with Kyle to complicate things for Summer, but he’s about 10 years too young for her mentally. She and Adam would be much more interesting than Adam with Sharon (yawn), but the real -life dating situation may be dictating that couple, especially thanks to COVID.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I know I’m going to hate this “Faith is a bad girl” storyline.  I’ve never been a fan of any teen in peril stories and I don’t like Faith being made into the Demon Seed.  As it is now, she’s looking like the Happy Hooker  

PLEASE, do not turn Jack and Sally into a couple.  They just don’t mesh in any way.  I’d rather see her with Theo.  They would make a nasty couple. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, boes said:

Yesterday, her 40 year old friend from middle school got a text from some HAWT HAWT HAWT boy who isn't a Newman or an Abbot and he has this really HUGE indoor pool and Faith and her Tina Louise wannabe were going to set sail on the Minnow for some hijinks.  

I'm suspecting the kid who is having the party is the son of the String Cheese King of Southern Wisconsin.   Tons of money and all the dairy products you can imagine RIGHT at your fingertips.

I knew I could count on you!  I always have the show on while I am working and sometimes I can pay more attention than other times.  Today I was on the phone with my work bestie and I was like da fuq is happening here on YnR they are at a pool party and they live in WI??!!  And then the next time Faith was shown she was back in her full regular clothes.   I had to pause and rewind to the beginning of the show after I got off the phone.  And I was still lost. 🤣

And being born and raised in SE WI, it was even extra silly to me.   No one really wants to put on a swimsuit this time of year....even for a super awesome indoor pool party.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3