Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I actually thought Phyl’s hair looked decent today. As usual, AH stringy hanks of hair hanging down the sides of her face made her look deranged. God, I hate that look! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Phyllis is a horses ass and it’s proven every day but Banana Breath likes to clean her “stall”. 

Olive Oyl has Adam Derangement Syndrome. Blood is thicker than water but for Banana Breath “peeling” bananas is paramount. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Nick as Rey's best man is one of the most ridiculous writing I've every seen. Rey has not one real friend? The Sharon/Nick history would never have him as at the altar to help hold rings to marry another man.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Nick as Rey's best man is one of the most ridiculous writing I've every seen. Rey has not one real friend? The Sharon/Nick history would never have him as at the altar to help hold rings to marry another man.

Faith should bring up the disaster that happened the last time Sharon & Nick were at a wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

So Nick is giving Victoria attitude about her taking Phyllis to task for trying to sabotage Newman's arrangement with the GCAC?  Because Vic is being mean to Phyllis and that's just not right?  Then Victoria should show up for every conversation with her brother wearing a JT mask.  Noble Nick is a pencil dick with a broken tip.

One more thing, oh Nick on most high - it ain't Phyllis' hotel any longer, it's Vic's.  She should have had him kicked out - no shoes, no shirt, no brains, no service.

Is Phyllis on every day now?  Are we being punished?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

Well I was a puddle of tears after today’s show. The whole necklace thing was pretty corny but the emotional goodbyes were very well done. And so glad CLB kept his gray/blonde/whatever hair. He really does look amazing ❤️

• Love 13

Were illuminated jewelry boxes a thing in early 60s? John Abbott staring at that glowing box reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark. 🤗

Did anyone tell Theo his grandmother was seriously declining now? He might've wanted to take a break from trying to stick it to Kyle to visit her while he still could.

CLB kept his gray hair! He looks so handsome. I like it. 🏆

Abby, Dina was BFFs with Kay and lived on the Chancellor estate at one time. She probably met Chance when he was a young child. Just saying.

Mf-ing Kyle is still running around currying sympathy for his breakup with Summer. If nothing else, IMO Summer needs to shut that down by setting the record straight on what he did. Put it on your social media, Summer.

I'm sorry, the Teardrop of Love looked cheap to me. Big box store cheap. But I guess it's the sentiment that matters.

Jack, the only mistake Summer made was not telling Kyle she saw those texts he was sending to Lola the night before he was to marry Summer. Your son is a walking, talking trashbag. 😒

Dina finally remembered Traci. Darn, there go my allergies again. 😕

Hate to be that person but is MO pregnant? There have been spumors on other soap sites because viewers noticed increased staging to block view of her abdomen area and I started noticing it today. If so, maybe that's why they're rushing this "let's start a family right now!" thing between Abby and Chance. Congrats to MO if she is indeed expecting.

Re the previews, looks like Devon isn't going to be too much of wussy to introduce five fingers to Nate's face after Elena confesses about the examination room tryst. All the haters say what? 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, rcc said:

Very well done ending. Kudos to the actors and writers. Left me teary eyed.

As much as I will miss Marla, I was never comfortable with her dementia story line. I've been going through this with my dad for the last three years and it often felt exploitative to me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

As much as I will miss Marla, I was never comfortable with her dementia story line. I've been going through this with my dad for the last three years and it often felt exploitative to me.

Unfortunately I think that’s inevitable with this type of story, especially on a soap. I’m sorry for what you’re going through with your dad and can’t imagine how painful it must be. I will say Dina’s story was a whole lot better than Mike’s dementia on GH!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hate to be that person but is MO pregnant? There have been spumors on other soap sites because viewers noticed increased staging to block view of her abdomen area and I started noticing it today. If so, maybe that's why they're rushing this "let's start a family right now!" thing between Abby and Chance. Congrats to MO if she is indeed expecting. 😏

I posted last week that I thought she was pregnant because they’ve been shooting her from the waist up, or behind furniture or she’s holding a big handbag.   Lots of COVID babies——I personally know 4 of my relatives who are due in Feb.

• Love 6

I just have to say that a person, who is at the end stages of a terminal illness, their pain stops in death and ours just begins. It takes a while but our pain will eventually fade.  Many people and cultures chose to celebrate the decedent’s life instead of mourning our loss.  

Are we to believe that all this time Michael Baldwin has been dying his hair but Lauren is right, Michael does look more distinguished. 

Hey Ashley, how many times have you forgiven Nostrils?  Under the same circumstances Ashley, you would forgive Abby in a heart beat. 

Dina can die any second and the dolts are waiting around for a proper time to reveal the necklace to her. Only in the soaps!  I guess they read the script where I didn’t and Dina came to them for a very sad final scene.  Kudos to TIIC. For me it’s actually believable to a point where a patient can become lucent. I experienced this with my wife. The day she died she was in a coma. She awoke to wish me a happy birthday but was mostly incoherent because she was on a morphine drip. The morphine beside easing her pain, helped her breath. Within 10 minutes she fell back  into a coma and within another hour she passed away. Her oncologist told me this was possible due to a flood of endorphins being released in the brain near death. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Wow.  If things happened on Show today that weren't Dina related, the last part of today's episode wiped those clean from my memory.  I know that the staging and exit storyline for Dina's death was maybe corny and artificial, but the feels were not.  IMO, that adherence to truthfully tapping into feelings we all have had is what's kept soaps relevant for all these years.  At least, that's true for me.  This tapped into a lifetime of emotional memories for me.

Well done, Show.

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh peacheslatour, I think I understand how you feel.  Living it with your dad as you've done and continue to do, this storyline must have felt like a poke in the eye and a jab in the heart.  I'm sorry.  It's all tough enough without having it right in your face here, too.

I wish Show had used Dina's return differently, for more than a story about a disease.  I think there's so much more they could have done with the character and Marla's talent.  I've always loved older characters on soaps, even when I was young.  There's always a place for an older and wiser parental figure and Dina could have been that.  In any case, I'm beyond grateful that we got what we did.  It put a different spin on the Abbott family, one that I think made them even more integral and interesting.

Nope, no snark from me today.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I totally understand this. My grandmother on my mom's side has dementia. She lives in Ontario now (she lived in Montreal until her 70s), and has been in a facility for the past two years in Toronto. I haven't seen or spoken to her in about three years. She doesn't remember me and hasn't for awhile. The last time I saw her/visited she kept confusing me for her niece and trying to speak to me in Polish and I didn't understand what she was saying. This storyline reminds me of her. 

While the episode was powerful and the acting was wonderful, I really hated that Dina died in the chair like that. I would much rather she had gone to bed and died in her sleep. That part just bothered me and was hard to watch. 

• Love 4

They should have called Theo tho. Hope Dina left him something.

I still wonder if Phyl is going to fill in some of the Newman/Billy crud to Adam. How fun if he invades the fambly powwow and spills it about Billy revenge fucking Dummer - his niece. "Gee Nick, I hope he doesn't get too mad at you - Faith won't be safe" Nick, Prick and even Mop should love hearing this - even Jack.

I just want to see even more people with motives to kill Billy - or sadly attempt to - I may be wrong but it seems they are priming ole Butt for a murder attempt. They can't do a court room story. Too many sets. I'd love it if something dark came out about Billy - maybe he did more than total his new sports car... Adam should sic his dicks on Billy not Rey.

but no....that might be good.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

He looks great, doesn't he?!

Oh heck yes!!! And I totally ate that whole meta scene up.  I was dying.  It honestly and truly made my day (which was a complete shit show otherwise).  🤣🤍🦊

• Love 5

Dina's death definitely made me cry---even with the awkward (but necessary during pandemic) set up of having her in the chair and her family spread around the living room, no touching. Theo could have been there too, but it wasn't a glaring omission as it would have been if, for instance, ED/Ashley hadn't come back.

Surprisingly I liked having John welcome her to the other side. It seemed heavy-handed and they both had many loves after she abandoned her family in the 70s, and at times I'm sure they hated each other. But they were each others' first love and it turned on the water works for me even more. 

I think Michael AND Lauren's hair look better! I hope TB gets some feedback that she really looks better a little more stripped-down like this.

• Love 14

OMG, I really lost it when John called out to Dina. Can you imagine if show had gotten JD to do a quick cameo? They could have shot it with him separately then made it like she saw him, then we see him, and then fade out on her walking towards him and into the Great Beyond. But hearing that familiar voice of one of my favorite TV dads was everything. 

• Love 12

Monday's US show (seen Friday in Canada) caused me to tear up even more with the remembrances.  

If Dina had not gotten up off her deathbed and opened the door to go looking for her family, they all would have missed her last moments.  Ashley was gabbing away with Victor, Tracy & Abby returning from the coffee shop, and Jack returning from his Jabot office.  If she was going to transport the necklace anywhere, why didn't Lauren take it straight to the mansion, saving Jack the round trip away from Dina?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 10/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, JasonCC said:

Dina's death definitely made me cry---even with the awkward (but necessary during pandemic) set up of having her in the chair and her family spread around the living room, no touching. Theo could have been there too, but it wasn't a glaring omission as it would have been if, for instance, ED/Ashley hadn't come back.

Marla Adams was excellent, moving. Unfortunate TIIC weren't able to film with the Abbott's close to her.

I am surprised Theo wasn't contacted, but perhaps there's an impending story arc involving that plot point; Dina's will -- Though there was a huge SL involving Dina/Graham Bloodworth, where the Abbott's essentially took over the execution of Dina's estate. All essential information about Dina's will and business was known at that time, but that doesn't stop TIIC from altering that history to play up a faux drama hootenanny with Theo VanderBraggin. Consider that TIIC disappeared Dina's step-children with Marcel Mergeron, Marc and Danielle Mergeron. They were active employees  of MI, and nothing was said about them when she last returned to Genoa City to sell off parts of Mergeron Industries to Hamilton/Winters. 

Surprisingly I liked having John welcome her to the other side. It seemed heavy-handed and they both had many loves after she abandoned her family in the 70s, and at times I'm sure they hated each other. But they were each others' first love and it turned on the water works for me even more.

That was so Soapy! It was Teardrop of Love-iness.

<sniff>

I think Michael AND Lauren's hair look better! I hope TB gets some feedback that she really looks better a little more stripped-down like this.

He looked fantastic! All silver foxiness and in a three-piece suit ... Lauren's grooming and wardrobe was subdued, a very welcome change.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 16

I haven't watched that much of this show in years, but I turned in to see Michael's hair and I thought he looked like Colonel Sanders with that longish white hair.  I don't mind the hair color, but I think he'd look much better with a trim. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Seriously? Sharon is still wearing that horrific dress. Yeesh, it's almost a bigger tragedy than her illness.

If it weren't for the pandemic constraints I bet Kyle would be dropping by Lola's apartment to pick up his forgotten credit card or whatever and he'd tell her about Dina. Then bada bing, bada boom: grief sex! 😉

That's what happens when you lurk around trying to listen in on people's private conversations, Summer. What exactly are you accomplishing?

Be funny if the GCPD not only hired Chance, they fired Paul and gave him the chief's job. 🙄That might give Rey some not good feelings.

Sharon is already hedging on the wedding. Pssht. What's the opposite of a golddigger? 😒

Eh, that "all my children" line again. Stop doing that, Show! You are disrespecting Agnes Nixon and for what? ☹

Oh Summer, did you get lost and think you were on the Jerry Springer show? The person you should be confronting is your waffling ex. Lola is not the other woman, at least not in her mind.

Hmm, Faith doesn't act like she's on drugs. Wonder what the mystery meetings are all about? And how is she traveling around on her own if she's not old enough to drive? Does her friend or whatever come out to the ranch?

I noticed today that Jack and Kyle were wearing the same colors. A chip off the old sartorial block or a attempt at symbolism wrt Dina and Diane?

Ditto comments upthread, I sure hope Dina had waning moment of lucidity where she was able to contact her attorney and get her will updated to include Theo. Maybe she could pull a Kay Chancellor and leave most of her cash to him. It's not as if her other grandchildren or children even need any more money at this point.

Lola was going to tell Kyle about stalker Summer. Wonder why she balked? Guess she doesn't feel like she owes him another favor.

Lauren, what you could do is let Jack keep the necklace so Dina can be buried with it. But yikes, is Jack developing feelings for Lauren? Meh. She's happily married, Jackie. You don't need that heartbreak or drama.

So who's going to show up at Kyle's hotel room first, Summer or Lola? 😑

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 10
On 10/15/2020 at 12:44 PM, MollyB said:

Maybe it's the paper gown they give you in the exam room.  I'm gonna start keeping mine if it's the latest fall look.  And it took how many weeks for the dr. to tell her that the margins were good? Did the doctor travel to Mars or somewhere without phone reception?

slim jims do not go bad.  they are the cockroaches of snacks.  they will be here after the apocalypse.

Like Twinkies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I’m glad that Sharon mentioned that she still has to go through treatments even though her margins were clear. That’s a very important part of making sure you’re cancer free

Is Summer that stupid?  Don’t answer that.  Of course she is. She’s the daughter of Phyllis and Banana Breath.  

I had to FF the reminiscing of Dina’s life because it brought back too many sad memories.  

Does anyone else anticipate a crisis of Faith in the next few weeks?  I’m sure Adam is going to get the blame. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I noticed today that Jack and Kyle were wearing the same colors. A chip off the old sartorial block or a attempt at symbolism wrt Dina and Diane?

It’s the Alzheimer’s color, IDK if you know that.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bc1795 said:

I Dina Mergeron, being of sound mind (well sometimes) and body hereby bequeath my entire fortune, estimated at 20 billion dollars to Mr. Cane Ashby.

Oh Lord, there was a time when that would have happened.

I liked Kyle for a second, when he was being nice to Jack.  Good conversation between the two of them.

The Abbott siblings are just great together, IMO.  Ashley was at her best, as usual and I love Tracy anyway.  Jack is just ..... terrific most of the time anyway, but with this storyline he's been very sympathetic.  Their conversations about Dina - including Abby in this - were all warm and intimate and honest recollections of a flawed but loved woman.  Nicely done.

Theo's absence was glaring, though.  The only person who has a real problem with him is Kyle, but everyone else forgot him, too.  That doesn't make sense, especially that Jack and Tracy wouldn't remember him.  I could have done very well with him NOT ever being made a relative of theirs, but since they did, what's the point of it all?  There's no drama left to sqeeze out of him and Kyle's rivalry and who else cares about him?  

Dummer never disappoints in her unerring ability to disappoint.  It IS sorta fun to watch her trip on her own stupidity, though.  And that hat!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

I didn't catch that scene. What is the Alzheimer's color?

Purple, according to google and wiki. Jack and Kyle were both wearing navy suits, white shirts, and lilac ties.

I Dina Mergeron, being of sound mind (well sometimes) and body hereby bequeath my entire fortune, estimated at 20 billion dollars to Mr. Cane Ashby.

You take that back right now! Don't even put that out into the universe! These MWTs like to be funny sometimes but the joke ends up being on the audience. And not in a good way. 😒

Lola is totally ending up prego.  Right?

Of course. Why go halfway in a perfectly good setup for a classic WTD situation between two cousins who can't stand each other? She better get on with it though because seems like it's been two or three weeks she slept with Theo. Much longer and she won't be able to pretend like the baby might be Kyle's. (At least until the inevitable DNA test.) Also, it'd be fun for Lola and Abby to have a contest to see who can produce the first Abbott grandchild in Abby, Kyle, and Theo's generation.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, car8857 said:

Maybe it's the paper gown they give you in the exam room.  I'm gonna start keeping mine if it's the latest fall look.  And it took how many weeks for the dr. to tell her that the margins were good? Did the doctor travel to Mars or somewhere without phone reception?

slim jims do not go bad.  they are the cockroaches of snacks.  they will be here after the apocalypse.

11 hours ago, car8857 said:

Like Twinkies.

Reminds me of the long-running joke about Cher's supernatural endurance -- Cockroaches and Cher will be the last two things to survive a nuclear holocaust.

12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I’m glad that Sharon mentioned that she still has to go through treatments even though her margins were clear. That’s a very important part of making sure you’re cancer free

TIIC include small pieces of pertinent information about cancer treatment on Show as an afterthought. 

It's exhausting when everything else they show Sharon going through as a cancer patient is hideous sartorial choices, no bandages, spray tan, and root touchup. Doctors, office visits, group sessions, and hospital stays are conspicuously absent. 

Is Summer that stupid? Don’t answer that.  Of course she is. She’s the daughter of Phyllis and Banana Breath.  

It can't be said often enough.

Dumber is that stupid.

Dumber is dumber than we can possibly imagine, She contains multitudes of the worst traits of her parents, and can give a recitation of their of-the-moment relationship lunacy, point by grisly point

<blerg>

Nobody wants to sit through that.

I had to FF the reminiscing of Dina’s life because it brought back too many sad memories.

<nodding>

It hurts to watch TIIC needlessly kill off another vital character/talented actor with one of their mediocre health/disease SLs.

Marla Adams, and legacy character Dina Abbott Mergeron, will be missed.

Does anyone else anticipate a crisis of Faith in the next few weeks?  I’m sure Adam is going to get the blame. 

Det. Rey Rey is on a stakeout. Faith sneaks out of the house to meet a mysterious texter after lying to Sharon and everyone about pretty much everything ... What could go wrong?

I expect Faith's Teen Angst In Her Pants about Sharon's cancer, and ... well, everything, is going to blow like a confetti cannon. TIIC just started to build tension in their storytelling, so they might try establishing a good reason for Faith looking for dreadful portents in Sharon's Cancer Parade, and not believing what is directly in front of her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Of course. Why go halfway in a perfectly good setup for a classic WTD situation between two cousins who can't stand each other? She better get on with it though because seems like it's been two or three weeks she slept with Theo. Much longer and she won't be able to pretend like the baby might be Kyle's. (At least until the inevitable DNA test.) Also, it'd be fun for Lola and Abby to have a contest to see who can produce the first Abbott grandchild in Abby, Kyle, and Theo's generation.

Lola and Abby both prego with Summer looking sadly through the glass like that Kermit the frog meme.  I’m down with that!!  Until her momma catches wind of it and gets involved.   I can see Phyllis doing some shady shit to get herself an Abbot grandkid (and make her loser of a daughter the “winner”).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Lola and Abby both prego with Summer looking sadly through the window like that Kermit the Frog meme. I’m down with that!!  Until her momma catches wind of it and gets involved.   I can see Phyllis doing some shady shit to get herself an Abbot grandkid (and make her loser of a daughter the “winner”).

thumb_trying-to-decide-if-i-should-start

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I can see Phyllis doing some shady shit to get herself an Abbot grandkid (and make her loser of a daughter the “winner”).

Unless Kyle has some of his swimmers stashed away like his daddy did, I don't know what shenanigans Phyllis could possibly pull. But she could tell Summer about that trick wannabe baby mamas allegedly do when they poke tiny holes in all the condoms, or, fish a freshly used one out of the trash and well, use your imagination. 😉 The question is, would Y&R be willing to go there, versus, say having Summer just do to Kyle what Daisy did to Daniel?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did Phyllis get confused and think it was mid-December? That seemed like more of a 'Tis the Season-type dress to me. And then there was Nick looking like wanted to interest you in an exciting new mutual fund. 🙄

Surprised to hear several mentions of the Chamber of Commerce today. They're not exactly an apolitical organization in the US, and Y&R doesn't overtly lean any particular way. Until now I guess.

Whee, Amanda was side-eyeing Nate like, "But I saw you running after Elena in the clinic, boo. Who you trying to convince with your lies, me or yourself?"

Grandma Glo. Okay. 🤔

Lily's dress seemed so familiar to me. I feel like another character already wore it.

So are Lily and Amanda going to be besties now? <billy abbott has entered the chat>

I knew gossipy Nick would be the one to rat out Elena and Nate to Devon. He doesn't even know what messiness he set off.

Lol, that echo-y sound effect on Devon's speech made me think of Lou Gehrig in Yankee Stadium. Today Devon considered himself the luckiest man on the face of the earth!

Wow, how does Jack casually mention to Billy the dangers of mixing work and romance? Billy had an affair with Phyllis! He helped wreck Jack's marriage and almost Jabot too. Jenga!

Because a kid almost dying <> your cousin and your girlfriend screwing. Geez, Devon. Learn how to read a room and stop pushing people to talk about things they clearly want to leave alone. And Nate, sometimes it's not the crime, it's the coverup. You should've made yourself scarce instead of trying to distract Devon or hush Elena.

Elena, you big baby. So now Devon gets to be upset too. Feel better now that you offloaded your guilty conscience onto him? 😑

What's Gloria up to now? Was that a flash drive attached to a ribbon or something?

Aaaannnndddd Devon just introduced Nate to a dazzling yet painful panorama of stars. Hold on, I'm gonna gloat some more. Haters. Say. What? 😈

• Love 6

I LOVED the way they choreographed the making of the punch (switch angles) and the taking of the punch as Natey Nate Nate went to sleepy sleep sleep.  Devon must be practicing his boxing skillz with Victor!  I'm glad Devon decided to "man up" but he should be equally as mad at Elena (although Natey Nate Nate did lie de lie lie to him).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Doesn’t Devon still own the GCAC?  Doesn’t the GCAC have a ball room?  Why would the award ceremony take place at the Grand Albatross. 

Gloria’s back and it couldn’t be too soon. GC needed a breath of fresh air.  What did she put in that jar?  

Lily and Nostrils?  After Cain, is this a step up or a step down?  

Famous last words, “It didn’t mean anything”.  Good for Devon. I knew you had it in you. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9