Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Baby Steps

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

NAU will cost them $11.896 a year for tuition with no room and board, since they'll live at home.  If they have a 3.5 gpa and a 1100 SAT they'd get around $10.650 in merit scholarships to NAU, so it will only cost them $1,300 a year to live at home and go there.  (I'm going to assume they are at least medium smart?)

There is no way they will go anywhere but NAU.  Just like when they were in Las Vegas they all went to UNLV.

• Useful 8

Kody can not want them to take on loans, but it’s not up to him.  I took out all my loans under my own name—my parents didn’t sign a thing.  There is a lot of money for the taking out there as long as you sign on the dotted line.  I had no credit and I was able to finance three years at an expensive private law school “just because.”  

I would never, ever, ever, ever give back my law school years for anything—no matter that I’m in debt now; it’s not like credit card debt, it’s very malleable.   So maybe my experience has varied from others.  

I just think it’s an old school mentality to wait until you can afford school to go there.  It’s very smart to get things on credit.  If I waited to get a higher education until I could afford it,  I would still be waitressing and bartending in order to afford tuition, and I would be entering college when I was around forty, which is when the average person’s earning potential skyrockets.  Having my education paid for in advance gives me the same earning potential of the fortunate sons, if you will, so it’s actually really democratic.

The problem with the Browns is that they spend their money—whether it’s cash or credit—on very stupid shit, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t make a ton of sense to finance things without the cash on hand.  If someone can’t tell the difference between Victoria’s Secret and university, they should probably go for neither.  

I just know that I think it’s a great investment for a gorgeous girl who is living within a razor’s edge of neglect (which is a form of abuse) as a nomad with a cacophony of other children and women who are spiteful and a father who doesn’t give a shit to take this opportunity and run with it.  It’s like an educational version of “here’s your one chance / Fancy don’t let me down.” 😀

And this isn’t politically correct of me, but I don’t care, because it’s about the future of a young woman—I think it’s a great investment to spend more on a private institute of higher learning than the closest state school, because you become exposed to people of means, many of whom are very generous and you sort of get to be rich by osmosis, which allows you (or at least it allowed me) to dream bigger for yourself than you ever could have imagined.  Going to a prestigious school also provides the student who took out the loans with post-collegiate networking opportunities, which ups their opportunity to get a better, higher-paying job so that they can afford to re-pay the loans, and then there’s the obvious—it’s highly likely that she can meet her future husband at college, and she can very well set herself up for life if she selects a mate who shows intelligence and a great disposition for hard work.  

My bottom line—Ysabel is not stuck there in her dark, dank home in Flagstaff.  If she wants to become another Brown victim/statistic and take classes commuting to the local college from Christine’s house and maybe becoming a sister-wife of her own, do it!  But don’t let it be said you didn’t have other options.  Free will is a beautiful thing.   There are always excuses why something isn’t prudent or safe—people gave me a million reasons to stay home and get my education, and I came from a very normal family—but you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet, and if I were her, I’d bet on myself long before I bet on any of those losers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I know you can't stand Meri - that's how I feel about Robyn, lol.

But this last paragraph is SPOT ON!!

It is an interesting show as the one I like the least is Janelle lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, fountain said:

It is an interesting show as the one I like the least is Janelle lol

But you are so LUCKY because there is so so so much to snark about when it comes to Janelle!!  lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kody can not want them to take on loans, but it’s not up to him.  I took out all my loans under my own name—my parents didn’t sign a thing.  There is a lot of money for the taking out there as long as you sign on the dotted line.  I had no credit and I was able to finance three years at an expensive private law school “just because.”  

I would never, ever, ever, ever give back my law school years for anything—no matter that I’m in debt now; it’s not like credit card debt, it’s very malleable.   So maybe my experience has varied from others.  

I just think it’s an old school mentality to wait until you can afford school to go there.  It’s very smart to get things on credit.  If I waited to get a higher education until I could afford it,  I would still be waitressing and bartending in order to afford tuition, and I would be entering college when I was around forty, which is when the average person’s earning potential skyrockets.  Having my education paid for in advance gives me the same earning potential of the fortunate sons, if you will, so it’s actually really democratic.

The problem with the Browns is that they spend their money—whether it’s cash or credit—on very stupid shit, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t make a ton of sense to finance things without the cash on hand.  If someone can’t tell the difference between Victoria’s Secret and university, they should probably go for neither.  

I just know that I think it’s a great investment for a gorgeous girl who is living within a razor’s edge of neglect (which is a form of abuse) as a nomad with a cacophony of other children and women who are spiteful and a father who doesn’t give a shit to take this opportunity and run with it.  It’s like an educational version of “here’s your one chance / Fancy don’t let me down.” 😀

And this isn’t politically correct of me, but I don’t care, because it’s about the future of a young woman—I think it’s a great investment to spend more on a private institute of higher learning than the closest state school, because you become exposed to people of means, many of whom are very generous and you sort of get to be rich by osmosis, which allows you (or at least it allowed me) to dream bigger for yourself than you ever could have imagined.  Going to a prestigious school also provides the student who took out the loans with post-collegiate networking opportunities, which ups their opportunity to get a better, higher-paying job so that they can afford to re-pay the loans, and then there’s the obvious—it’s highly likely that she can meet her future husband at college, and she can very well set herself up for life if she selects a mate who shows intelligence and a great disposition for hard work.  

My bottom line—Ysabel is not stuck there in her dark, dank home in Flagstaff.  If she wants to become another Brown victim/statistic and take classes commuting to the local college from Christine’s house and maybe becoming a sister-wife of her own, do it!  But don’t let it be said you didn’t have other options.  Free will is a beautiful thing.   There are always excuses why something isn’t prudent or safe—people gave me a million reasons to stay home and get my education, and I came from a very normal family—but you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet, and if I were her, I’d bet on myself long before I bet on any of those losers. 

I agree with what you said - however I don't think the overarching issue is money - I think it is about control.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I financed much of my education too, with some help from parents, but,  mainly from scholarships. grants., workstudy, etc.  If your grades are super good and you are willing to hunt down all opportunities, you can really do well.  Well, that was a long time ago.  I would caution against huge loans for law school though.  Ouch.  It was painful.  lol  But, I agree that to me, college is not just about academics, but, becoming more socially conscious and enriched. Thinking independently is a HUGE skill that I was reminded of by  educators throughout my college career. I couldn't figure out what they were talking about, but, apparently, I did pick it up.   Later, when I became a professional, I realized what a rare quality it is, even in college graduates. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

I agree with what you said - however I don't think the overarching issue is money - I think it is about control.

Oh, like he can try to throw them out of the family?  That is a problem, especially given that most people who apply to college are minors.  And God knows Christine isn’t going to pretend not to see that acceptance letter in the mail and go tell Kody all about it.  That is tough.  

Her best bet might be to lean on her older siblings in support for breaking away from Kody and Christine.  There were also those really sweet young women who rescued other young women from polygamy on that show Escaping Polygamy?  Ladies, where are you?  Someone needs your help!  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

I think it is about control.

That was totally and completely clear to me - Kody isn't interested in his kids bettering themselves.  He's interested in their complete and total fealty to Kody.

That's why the older kids are gone - they got the message and got out and never looked back.  Even Mariah, who only does here short appearances to help finance her life in Chicago.

• Love 22

Unfortunately, I believe Ysabel is going to need a decent job with good insurance in order to get her surgery for her scoliosis.  Christine and Kody have dragged their feet so much I do not think Ysabel will have this surgery before she turns 18.  Ysabel will be 18 March 7, 2021>  I can see Kody dragging his feet on purpose so that he won't be the one having to pay the bill.

Ysabel is normally one of his forgotten children.

• Love 2

Most adults leave the nest when they are of sufficient age. School, work, marriage, etc. often take the adult child out of the home.  I don't interpret the adult Brown children with hating their father, because, they have their own lives and don't want to opt into a reality show. lol 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The thing that got me was Robyn immediately blaming the bank situation on polygamy (always persecuted) when in reality the bank was probably making them jump through hoops because they have a history of shitty credit and bankruptcies.

Now on another note when they were at Maddie's and Kody was saying goodbyes I couldn't believe it when Christine said to Kody "look in on my girls while you're there"... huh!?!?!!!.. Isn't that why he's leaving???.. Oh wait..dumb me I forgot he was rushing back to Robyn and her kids! DUH!!!... The girls at Christine's can fend for themselves because Robyn is bedridden with a hang nail and Arreola just shit her diaper.

The other thing that I noticed was when Kody was at the U-Haul van with Robyn looking for toys and he blurts out something about all the pillows he has and Robyn immediately clarified that not ALL the pillows were at Robins, only 6 or 7... and he has pillows at other wives houses too!!....ya right... He spoke without thinking and Robyn quickly jumped in to do damage control.

I cringed when they played the preview for the next episode and all I could hear was Maddie SCREAMING & HOLLERING in the tub... Jeez go to hospital and get an epidural...  There's no prize for toughest mom who suffered the most!  🙄  can't stand that shit, they push the idea of natural birth and these stupid women go along with it... UGH!!!... There's no way men would go along with it if the shoe was on the other foot. 

During the session with Nancy you could tell Kody can't stand Meri.... JMO but I think he's trying to dump her without too many repercussions from Meri's fans.👹👺😈😲

Joan, you have read my mind, once again!  Love your post.

Maddie is the type that will tell her kids how she suffered spewing them out.  I do not ever remember my mother telling me that, and I didn't tell my own kid how it hurt, either.  I hope she's two and done, Maddie the Martyr.  

• Love 12
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

They’re having money problems, but Kody is planning on making numerous and regular transcontinental flights to see a grandchild be born, a grandchild that he’ll probably ever only see again when the other kids get married?  

Makes tons of sense, doesn't it?

Of course he is, because from the Kody Brown manual on polygamy and life, which he so generously shared with the world on the last episode, the most important thing is to be there for the child's birth, which I believe is the reason he has no real relationship with any of his kids because he's already fulfilled the most important responsibility of being a father - he was there for their birth.   

Gawd, I can't stand him and his narcissism, especially after announcing he was so sick of being told he is wrong and isn't open to discussing his faults (or taking blame for anything too, obviously) in counseling.  Sheesh, even Nancy was a bit taken aback by that announcement.  What an aszhole!  And, yet those women continue to put up with him; religious beliefs or not, thru the years they've all heard reasons to get away from polygamy, so they know they could leave it they wanted to. SMH 

I wouldn't be surprised if three wives aren't ecstatic that he spends all his time at Robyn's; and now even Robyn seems to finally be sick of his BS. HA  His absence of common sense is mind boggling to me.  He seems to live a life of delusion.  I hope that as more time passes, more of the kids will see the need to get away and that they do.  Their living circumstances are toxic.  

Just thinking about the 'discord'  between Meri and the other wives and I wonder if the Lulucrap clothes a few of them are selling has caused Meri to be resentful of the others who started selling after her and think they've taken business and $ from her. 

I wonder, if if it's not because she has to because they need it for the storyline, why Meri would put herself thru the agony of being vulnerable and opening up during counseling and listening to Kod y tell her he was never happy in their marriage.  She's not happy, knows he's not, too, does she honestly want to fix their relationship?  Or, is it production driven?  Does she even really know what she wants?  Is she so insecure that she won't/can't leave?  Surely buying the B&B showed her she could do it without the family.  SMH

The reason the mortgage took longer to approve (supposedly, according to Robyn, who thinks being polygamous has caused her to be discriminated against and persecuted for everything under the sun because of it)...  If they put all of their incomes into one account and then disburse it as needed and if the account has multiple names on it, I think any lender would want to know all about who could claim rights to it.  And, it has nothing to do with polygamy, Robyn!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think the only reason that Kody was there for the birth and flew back and forth was because TLC wanted grampa there to be on the show.

Just part of the contract so he can keep the money rolling in.

He couldn't care less about the birth, in scenes from next week he seems pissed off and grumpy.

• Love 15

So we know that Kody spends none of his time at Meri's, since they have only had a couple of dinners together in the last 18 months, so that Kody is only diving his time between 3 wives.

So how is it that when two of the wives are in NC with Maddie, that Kody only stays a day and a half there, before flying back to Robyn? I mean, he was obviously with Robyn before leaving to go there, since Christine had to pick him up from Robyn's house.

And since Christine and Janelle are staying with Maddie, that is even more time that Kody would be spending only with Robyn. He could have stayed in NC for at least a week and spend time with Christine and Janelle, while waiting for Maddie to give birth.

It's also very interesting and I think very telling, that Meri did not fly out for Maddie. I understand Robyn not going since she has small children, but there really is no excuse for Meri, not to have flown out there. I guess it is obvious that none of them wanted her there, and she didn't want to be there.

• Love 10
(edited)
18 hours ago, suomi said:

I think Meri was a bitch to everyone from the beginning and the others reacted to that. I don't think the others treated her like she was a bitch so she became one. 

Who we see today is who she is and always has been. A greedy, domineering, selfish, dishonest, jealous, petty, vindictive, self-centered, emotional blackmailer. She is also a champion gas-lighter and excels at playing "get away closer" and "look how you've made me act.'

I think these traits are inborn, I think her brain is wired a certain way (nature) and her childhood and early life (nurture) added the finishing touches.

If she has good relationships outside the family it's because they are superficial. Nothing deep and meaningful and lasting is at stake in her LLR friendships - they are easy come, easy go. They are not the foundation of a life, just the final coat of paint.

Agree 100%.

Plus, that right there is also why Meri won’t walk away from this family.  She’s got her hooks into them foreverrrrrrrr...an endless supply of fambly members she can torture with her inane drama.

17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

She's a bitch in large part because he made her one.

I disagree because:

A) I don’t think Kody has now or ever had that kind of power..over anyone.  I think Kody is wholly  inept at everything he tries to “make” with the glaring exception of impregnating women and bad decisions.

B)  Meri grew up in a polygamist household so she got early and often training in Manipulative Bitch 101...she didn’t need Kody for that.

C) Folks in her “religion”, including women, can obtain divorce without religious condemnation...plus she certainly hasn’t been hampered from leaving him because of not being able to support her offspring without him.

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Most adults leave the nest when they are of sufficient age. School, work, marriage, etc. often take the adult child out of the home.  I don't interpret the adult Brown children with hating their father, because, they have their own lives and don't want to opt into a reality show. lol 

Or polygamy...

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So we know that Kody spends none of his time at Meri's, since they have only had a couple of dinners together in the last 18 months, so that Kody is only diving his time between 3 wives.

So how is it that when two of the wives are in NC with Maddie, that Kody only stays a day and a half there, before flying back to Robyn? I mean, he was obviously with Robyn before leaving to go there, since Christine had to pick him up from Robyn's house.

And since Christine and Janelle are staying with Maddie, that is even more time that Kody would be spending only with Robyn. He could have stayed in NC for at least a week and spend time with Christine and Janelle, while waiting for Maddie to give birth.

It's also very interesting and I think very telling, that Meri did not fly out for Maddie. I understand Robyn not going since she has small children, but there really is no excuse for Meri, not to have flown out there. I guess it is obvious that none of them wanted her there, and she didn't want to be there.

Maddie loathes Meri, has for a few years now, IMO.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

There’s always a way

I just meant that there was no way the family as currently constituted is going to pay for her to go to school in NC not that I think there is no way she will go to school in NC.   If she wants it, she will find a way, but I just don't see the family helping her to do it.    I would like to be wrong.   The best I can see is that they would give her the amount it would cost to go to a state school in Arizona and she could use that money, but it wouldn't be enough to cover out of state tuition in NC .  Mariah got her way to go to a more expensive private school, but I just don't see them forking over for Ysabel.  

• Love 6

Mariah lucked out because she was one of the two eldest children.  Ysabel is getting the scrapings from the bottom of the jelly jar. 

I don't think there's going to be ANY college money coming from the family.  Kody made his Big Fat Proclamation about how Student Loans were Evil about 8 years ago (BTW I'm sure he didn't go to college, so...).  I'm sure he's now realized that if Ysabel applies for student loans he won't be on the hook for paying them off.  I don't think Logan had HIS tuition at UNLV paid for - he was working during his first four years and I'm sure he's working now while earning his MBA.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Mariah lucked out because she was one of the two eldest children.  

Nit pick:  she's at least 3rd.  Aspyn is the oldest girl, and both she and Logan were content to toodle down the road to UNLV.  

Mariah lucked out because she was the princess, only child of the erstwhile HBIC.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What was it that Janelle said about the heat in Greenville?  It IS A FIERCE heat.  I lived there one year in a dorm (ECU) with NO AIR conditioning!!!! This was many years ago, before they instituted humane conditions. lol  I cannot describe the misery.  It's often 100 degrees or more and very high humidity.  

I absolutely hated moving in day for our daughter at Duke for her freshman and sophomore years. The dorm rooms were so hot, and school started in August.  So glad when she moved into the apartments on central campus with A/C for her last two years.  Actually move-in day all four years was awful, but at least for the last two she had a/c.

5 hours ago, beeziebee said:

So it's not "between she and I", it's "between her and me."  I think the Browns (and countless others) think they sound "smart" by using the incorrect pronoun, because it naturally sounds wrong, therefore must be smarter. 

Mr. Twopper has a term for that;  I cannot recall offhand what it is..  Maybe it is something he made up.  He has been an English teacher/editor for eons.

• Love 2

I think that the older children Kody was referring to were Maddie and Mariah.  To this day Mariah has a huge issue with knowing that Meri was going to leave Kody if the catfish had been real.  She understands the emotional affair aspect of the catfishing.  That and Meri not listening to Mariah's warnings about Sam being a catfish.  I believe Mariah lost respect for Meri during this.  She also probably resents that Meri wasn't immediately super thrilled when Mariah came out as gay.  It doesn't matter that it was a shitty thing to do; putting cameras in your super conservative parents' faces while making an announcement that goes against every single thing your mother has been taught since birth.  Resent her reaction and diss her for an honest reaction.  Mariah will always allow Meri to try to buy her love back but I think knowing that her mother had an emotional affair has really changed their relationship.

So, Kody meant at least Mariah and Maddie when he brought up adult children.

Kody may have also meant Aspyn.  There was something weird when they were checking out wedding venues with Aspyn.  Meri said something like if this is where you you want your wedding Aspyn I'll do whatever I can to make it happen and Aspyn was like no no no your help is not needed.  It was a fleeting moment but it was a really weird moment.  And Aspyn usually comes off so laid back that it seemed out of character.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

But Mr Kody Brown has brought passive aggressive to a whole new level.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody is a jerk. He’s nice to anyone who “keeps sweet” but look out if you cross him. That whole “withdrawal of affection because I’m displeased with you” is cruel. It’s actually abusive. It makes people walk on eggshells and you can never have any honest communication. That bullshit about not sitting for any criticism? I would have unleashed a tornado on his ass.

I’m convinced it would go a long way (if he gave a shit) to acknowledge that women in polygamy can hurt. Badly. Anytime they skirt that idea, he either minimizes it or turns it into Poor me, I have all these people wanting a piece of me. Janelle and Christine have learned to act like they don’t care and he’s still into Robyn so she’s OK. Meanwhile he’s treating Meri like shit. IF she really is, and has been, so awful all this time, end it. Quit being a cruel bastard. He even said that he doesn’t think it’s religion that’s keeping them together, although he was talking in such cryptic, jargony terms at Nancy’s that who the hell knows what he thinks.

He is a horrible husband. Not just a plyg husband - a husband. 

He really is.  And he's mean.  My mouth was hanging open during that therapy session.  

The karma train came barreling down the track and ran right over Meri.  Meri has done and said a lot of shitty things.  Then after she's said whatever, she gets this nasty smirk that makes me want to slap her.

Meri made a really bad choice for a husband.  Cotex hasn't been a husband to the original recipe wives in who knows how long.  Maybe never.  He sold his soul to the devil er.......TLC.  So the marriages and children came second to the $$$$.  The show last night was the result.  I guess it must be worth it.

• Love 11

Robyn has no sense of humor, no joy, no laughter in her. Kootie tries to joke and tease with her to lighten her up but she won't go there.  Listen! This is so serious, y'all, her NEED for this mcmansion! I couldn't handle her sourpuss attitude when she doesn't get her way.  Meri is a dark cloud, but Robyn is a wet blanket.

All of this griping and moaning about BUYING a beautiful home - what an entitled, selfish biatch.  Stupid twit, you moved to an expensive tourist area, and then wonder where your 6 bedroom home from God is?  Delusional much, Robyn?  🙄

• Love 20
20 hours ago, suomi said:

If she has good relationships outside the family it's because they are superficial. Nothing deep and meaningful and lasting is at stake in her LLR friendships - they are easy come, easy go. They are not the foundation of a life, just the final coat of paint.

Exactly, her coworkers or casual friends don't know the real Meri.  They only see her for a lularoe weekend.  I'd love to know which of the kids hate her.  I recall the Maddie comments on twitter that time that seemed to be directed at Meri, calling her a Monster.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

It’s just beyond embarrassing for Meri now, she’s dragging him to Nancy, hanging on like a desperate barnacle 

a "Desperate Barnacle"  I LOVE IT

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Well remember Axel's birth and Christine telling Meri to her face that she brings a lot of baggage into the room and none of them know what to do with her.

We know Maddie hates Meri and has probably made it clear that the last person she wants to have hanging around during the birth is Meri.... You reap what you sow... Meri was an insufferable whiney bitch and made Janelle's early years in the family a living hell and Maddie probably hates her for that as well.

That's where stealth bitch Robyn has run circles around Meri in wife management...  Robyn makes Janelle and Christine feel equal, important, part of the team even though it's not true and Robyn is pulling all the puppet strings.

I think all of kodys explosions this season were orchestrated and planned by Robyn including the blow up at Coyote Pass where Robyn was the Saint willing to take whatever property because they're all beautiful.... And Kody screaming that this is the same shit that Meri has been doing to everyone since day one and none of them should put up with her shit anymore.

Something that I find interesting is how much Mariah fawns over Axel and Evie....  on IG she likes all of the pics Maddie posts of the kids and usually adds how much she misses those 2 beautiful children and how she can't wait to see them etc.. I kind of wonder if some of Mariah's over the top adoration for Maddie's kids is to make Meri feel even more out of the loop and not really in sync with the rest of the family.

I think Mariah is still pissed at her mom over the catfish and the lackluster reaction to her coming out as gay.... She didnt even tell her mom that she was engaged and you could tell it hurt Meri even though she tried to act like it was no big deal and laugh it off.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I now, more than ever, suspect that something happened after the catfish though.  I recall how Kody seemed to defend Meri after the catfish story came out.  He personally, begged Mariah to forgive her mother and to not shut her out of her life, saying that she's your mother and made a mistake,  If he had not intervened, Mariah would likely not have spoken to her mother again for a long time.  THEN, we see that down the road, Kody grows intolerant of Meri.  What happened?  Was there a new incident?  Did Meri not work on changing her ways? Did she keep those WALL UP, even though she was in extensive therapy to bring them down?  I wonder if her selfish demands for money with the B&B was the last straw..........Whatever it is, Meri is only there for TLC money, imo.  That's the tie that binds them now and not vows, imo.  

I think he finally found out that Mariah warned Meri that it was a catfish.  The comments about her always playing victim  rang true.  She has yet to admit her part in the catfishing.  She was a willing participant.  Maybe someone sent him the icky texts and VMs/pics she sent to her Batman. lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

However even blood relatives often don't get along. I have 5 nieces that I get along with to varying degrees. Just because I am related by blood doesn't mean that I am going to like and agree with everything they do, and vice versa. Do I care? Nope. But I am not stuck in a family where everyone lives in everyone else's back pocket, and I don't share my husband with 3 other wives, and the aforementioned gazillion kids. 

This is how I feel, too. Esp in such a ginormous family, you can't possibly expect everyone to get along all the time.

Mr. Knight has 5 brothers and all of them are married to SAHMs. I have never been a SAHM and so our lives are completely different.  I have 0 in common with them and they sometimes in the past have been condescending (read:bitchy). I was angry but over time, we learned to get along and be civil.

I just realized last night, that I completely missed last week's episode. I didn't even think about it til last night  ! The weeks are really running together for me during the coronavirus outbreak.

Grammar lesson for the Merry Band of Fools: remove the person 's name from the sentence and that should tell you if your grammar is correct. "Nancy was really tough on Kody and I."  This becomes  "Nancy was really tough on I." That sounds odd, doesn't it ? Now try, "Nancy was really tough on Kody and me."  You're welcome. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

She might be a wet blanket but she's got a jaw built for blowjobs and she can probably suck the chrome off a bumper hitch. 😲

I laughed so loud and hard when your post came up that hubby poked out from upstairs wanting to know what was wrong with me.  🤣  I have a gut feeling that you're indeed correct on your assessment.  😜  Oh, that was good.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

She might be a wet blanket but she's got a jaw built for blowjobs and she can probably suck the chrome off a bumper hitch. 😲

LMAO!! I bet the other 3 won't even "go there" which automatically makes Robyn the favorite. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
Just now, bichonblitz said:

LMAO!! I bet the other 3 won't even "go there" which automatically makes Robyn the favorite. 

With ALL of their constant oral herpes that they've shared back and forth through these many years (which DOES spread to the genital area) I'm surprised his dick hasn't fallen off by now.

• LOL 16
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

It's also very interesting and I think very telling, that Meri did not fly out for Maddie.

Wasn't Meri iced out of her first birth? I have an image of forlorn Meri walking in a front door and hanging alone in a hallway, with her talking head saying nobody told me  . . .

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not a fan of Robyn, but, I don't see her as getting her way with having Kody full time. I haven't seen that on the show and it doesn't even seem like she would want it. She's more than irritated by him and seems to be revulsed by his every word this season.   What we have seen is a happier and more engaged Christine and Janelle.  Robyn is the one who is seething with misery.  

She's pissed that God didn't find her a rental She's used to getting her way.

Christine's probably happy that she's miles away from the rest of them now. And that Cody and Sobbyn are at odds. 

Janelle couldn't care less about a physical relationship with him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Wasn't Meri iced out of her first birth? I have an image of forlorn Meri walking in a front door and hanging alone in a hallway, with her talking head saying nobody told me  . . .

Meri had gone to the airport to pick up Mariah and Audrey and they arrived at Janelle's house in giddy high spirits.  They stood there looking dumbfounded...where is everyone???  The camera crew were right there, all they had to do was ask. 

It would have been totally inappropriate for Meri to expect both Audrey and Mariah to jam into that room besides the hordes that were already there and all hell would have broken loose had it been suggested that Audrey didn't even really know Maddie and had no place there.

A simple text to Janelle, letting her know that they were at home and were available to greet the new baby when convenient would have been the right move.  Meri seized the moment once again and found reason to feel excluded.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri had gone to the airport to pick up Mariah and Audrey and they arrived at Janelle's house in giddy high spirits.  They stood there looking dumbfounded...where is everyone???  The camera crew were right there, all they had to do was ask. 

It would have been totally inappropriate for Meri to expect both Audrey and Mariah to jam into that room besides the hordes that were already there and all hell would have broken loose had it been suggested that Audrey didn't even really know Maddie and had no place there.

A simple text to Janelle, letting her know that they were at home and were available to greet the new baby when convenient would have been the right move.  Meri seized the moment once again and found reason to feel excluded.

True. The other three wives were there with Maddie and it was the first grandchild. It had to sting. That I understood. Now Meri's grumpy over the top reaction or failure to understand why she was iced out - that I don't understand.

IIRC Maddie was working for <Meri when she was pregnant with Axel. Their real falling out occurred after Axel was born and Maddie was selling Lulu... Am sure there was bad blood before but thats when it came to the surface. None of the relationships are helped by Mariah - who seemed to feed the "us vs meri" mentality.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, beeziebee said:

I couldn't tell you what happened in this episode because I couldn't get past the grammar.  There are subject pronouns and object pronouns,  The subject ones are used to indicate the doer of the action, the subject.  The object ones follow the action or the preposition.  So it's not "between she and I", it's "between her and me."  I think the Browns (and countless others) think they sound "smart" by using the incorrect pronoun, because it naturally sounds wrong, therefore must be smarter.  It drives me insane.  This family's butchering of the English language is horrific.  Makes me really question their schooling.

Stay tuned for next week, it's an episode of  lets guess what the Brushes are trying to say: more adventures in mouth-full-of-marbles mumbling.

This is a Bravo and reality TV problem in general. I had never heard of I’s until I started watching these shows. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Yeah, but Christine and Janelle probably shared a bedroom at Maddie's - so where would that leave Kody?  Awkward! (plyg perk? ha)

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think you won the thread for today with this "inappropriate" comment lol. I love this forum!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4