Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/23/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Also - I don't get the first few minutes of the View; local station gives corona updates then.   Is NutMeg in AZ or NY?   Did she say?    And yellow is supposed to be a warm cheery color.   And the flag should be a positive symbol, right?   Why then do those two things together give off such an icy vibe in her house.   She is such a cold beeyotch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, bannana said:

But she was nodding a lot, which is weird, because I don't remember her nodding while at the table.

Yep, I noticed that as well; it was weird.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

So, Megaphone is preggers. Don't care.

Nor I. Rumor has it it's human.

For some reason, the whole motherhood thing doesn't seem to fit our little Mags. Serene, glowing, maternal. Nope. I just can't picture it. And if it was a "surprise" - eye roll here - then maybe she should pay more attention to what she's using for contraception cuz it obviously aint working!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I really wish the Governor of Maryland and the DC Mayor would vary the time of their press conferences.  I never thought I'd miss The View so much, but, it hasn't been on here all week and a break from the pandemic would be welcome.  I don't mean to minimize what's going on, or, be disrespectful to anyone, but, a little normalcy would go a long way.

• Love 13

This week is shaping up to be a write off as far as watching a complete show goes. Why don't they just go right off the air until things have settled instead of putting out this disjointed mess, which gets interrupted every single day? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So you would think it's okay to talk about children now, but I guess it's too soon.  Meghan didn't even crack a smile after Sara told that story about her two older kids, and showed a clip.  And at the end of the show, when they played the video of the little girl crying, she kind of half-heartedly laughed, but had a look on her face like, "This is what I have to look forward to?"

The average age of a senator as of December 2018 according to senate.gov is 61.8.  Not seventy something like Meghan said.  She loves to spout "facts" to seem smart, but she doesn't care if she's right or not.  

More Meghan wisdom - "it's not that people can't go out and work; it's that they are unable to".  "People dying all over the beds".   

Contrary to what Newt said, just because the numbers are low in a few states doesn't mean those people shouldn't be staying home.  You can't assume those numbers will stay low since you don't know who has the virus until you can test everybody, and quarantine  the people who test positive, and the people they've come in contact with.

For the second day in a row, after Whoopie throws the questioning to Meghan by saying, "Hey, Meghan", Meghan says, "(Whoever), it's Meghan".  She just doesn't think, at all.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Contrary to what Newt said, just because the numbers are low in a few states doesn't mean those people shouldn't be staying home.  You can't assume those numbers will stay low since you don't know who has the virus until you can test everybody, and quarantine just those people, and the people they've come in contact with.

The reason some state's numbers are low is because they aren't doing a lot of testing.  In my state they have only tested a little over 1000 people. Only 50 positive but we don't  know how many people those 50 people have interacted with.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Sunny has always been too sappy for me.

I just couldn't take it today when the first thing she start talking about her wonderful kids. Too much for me during this time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

So you would think it's okay to talk about children now, but I guess it's too soon.  Meghan didn't even crack a smile after Sara told that story about her two older kids, and showed a clip.  And at the end of the show, when they played the video of the little girl crying, she kind of half-heartedly laughed, but had a look on her face like, "This is what I have to look forward to?"

The average age of a senator as of December 2018 according to senate.gov is 61.8.  Not seventy something like Meghan said.  She loves to spout "facts" to seem smart, but she doesn't care if she's right or not.  

More Meghan wisdom - "it's not that people can't go out and work; it's that they are unable to".  "People dying all over the beds".   

Contrary to what Newt said, just because the numbers are low in a few states doesn't mean those people shouldn't be staying home.  You can't assume those numbers will stay low since you don't know who has the virus until you can test everybody, and quarantine just those people, and the people they've come in contact with.

For the second day in a row, after Whoopie throws the questioning to Meghan by saying, "Hey, Meghan", Meghan says, "(Whoever), it's Meghan".  She just doesn't think, at all.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

The reason some state's numbers are low is because they aren't doing a lot of testing.  In my state they have only tested a little over 1000 people. Only 50 positive but we don't  know how many people those 50 people have interacted with.

And...they aren't testing people until they have symptoms and a doctor's order so they likely have exposed others while they were asymptomatic.

• Love 10

I have - thankfully - never been unemployed, but my understanding is you have to be involuntarily removed from your job in order to be eligible for benefits.  True?  If so, why did no one push back on Newt’s regurgitation of the Republican talking point that people would be quitting their jobs because the unemployment benefit in the stimulus bill might be higher than their salary???  Whoopi was “offended” at what Graham said but why does no one refute these false claims with FACTS?  Oh who am I kidding? ☹️

(If I’m wrong about the way it works, ignore this post, LOL)

Edited by jalady
For those in the DC area, the show will be on in its entirety at 1:30am according to the crawl on the screen.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really wish the Governor of Maryland and the DC Mayor would vary the time of their press conferences.  I never thought I'd miss The View so much, but, it hasn't been on here all week and a break from the pandemic would be welcome.  I don't mean to minimize what's going on, or, be disrespectful to anyone, but, a little normalcy would go a long way.

Same here.  I was getting so pissed  Pres talks, Dr Falci (sp?) Talks, heads of this talk, mgrs talk.  Then Q&A.  Then my local Gov speaks, then tne mayor.  Its a 2-3 hour mtg every dam day!  And then everyone reiterates whats already been said.  Latelyntheyve been doing it late afternoon. Too little too late lol.  I guess. Im happy, but the people of that 5 hours isnt going to be happy 

5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Yep, I noticed that as well; it was weird.

Weird ticks develop under stress.  Ive started stuttering this late in life.  Dont know why but it pisses me off.

• Love 4

Words I and I’ll bet a lot of viewers don’t want to hear:  more from newt Gingrich after this.  Uucckk. What an ass, sitting in Rome with his “ambassador” wife still sucking on the government teat.  And her friend is ambassador in Paris.  I call bs.

now we get a shill for his book.  I would have to be dying from boredom to even consider his book.  Then I still wouldn’t.  Jeez, sounds like he’s got everything in that plot.  🤮🤮

• Love 18

I couldn't make it through the whole show today, which seemed to be The Meghan McCain Show.    Lord, when that baby gets here, that's all we're gonna hear about.   Was Sunny bragging about her children?  Maybe I'm just cranky from being holed up for weeks, but she was playing on my nerves.   Back in the day when my sons were growing up, I knew too many mothers like that.    Whoopi couldn't find words in her head that she needed; I'm really starting to think there's something wrong there.   Sara, who was booted from her original seat at the table, was the only one who kept me around for as long as I stayed.  Then Nutty started braying again........

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I couldn't make it through the whole show today, which seemed to be The Meghan McCain Show.    Lord, when that baby gets here, that's all we're gonna hear about.   Was Sunny bragging about her children?  Maybe I'm just cranky from being holed up for weeks, but she was playing on my nerves.   Back in the day when my sons were growing up, I knew too many mothers like that.    Whoopi couldn't find words in her head that she needed; I'm really starting to think there's something wrong there.   Sara, who was booted from her original seat at the table, was the only one who kept me around for as long as I stayed.  Then Nutty started braying again........

Sara H talks about her kids yet I never get annoyed with her.  I think it's cause she doesn't have the know it all mom vibe, plus she's warm.   And she's logical with facts and common sense.  I've missed her.  Meghan, Joy and Sunny are sometimes too into emotion vs fact and Whoopi alternates between the 2.

Sunny is what my co worker would call a 'braggy mom'  she brags about her life, her kids, etc non stop..and sometimes can be judgy (I like when Whoopi bursts her balloon sometimes).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I have - thankfully - never been unemployed, but my understanding is you have to be involuntarily removed from your job in order to be eligible for benefits.  True?  If so, why did no one push back on Newt’s regurgitation of the Republican talking point that people would be quitting their jobs because the unemployment benefit in the stimulus bill might be higher than their salary???  Whoopi was “offended” at what Graham said but why does no one refute these false claims with FACTS?  Oh who am I kidding? ☹️

This is true. My daughter’s company (a medical practice) laid everyone off so they could apply for unemployment. They’ve been assured they will all be rehired as soon as is safe.  Newt is an ass.

24 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

now we get a shill for his book.  I would have to be dying from boredom to even consider his book

Anyone still looking for toilet paper?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sunny is what my co worker would call a 'braggy mom'  she brags about her life, her kids, etc non stop..and sometimes can be judgy (I like when Whoopi bursts her balloon sometimes).

There is a fine line between bragging about your wonderful life and telling people about your life. And Sunny crosses that line a lot.  She might not even mean to do it but it does sound like she is saying look at me, I have a doctor husband two great kids and blah blah blah.  Sara on the other hand just seems to relay stories about what is happening at her house.  Meredith was the same way.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

If Meghan and Whoopi are on and are self isolating as well, then why can't Joy be on the show also? Is Joy refusing to be on now remotely?

I was wondering if she didn't want setup people to be in her house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, jalady said:

Normally, this would be true. But I think (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that if someone decides to self-isolate for whatever reason (high risk or high risk household member), they are eligible for unemployment, at least for now. I guess Graham et al are afraid people are going to take advantage of the system. Please. Maybe some will but I think that is the least of this country's worries right now.

Take Joy for example. She chose to self-isolate and isn't even really attempting to show up remotely. I know it's probably a bad example because I doubt she'll be filing for unemployment (although Whoopi probably would lol) and will likely continue to be paid. In any case, she can afford to take the time off out of caution for her health. And I don't think anyone can be denied unemployment or get fired, for trying to protect their health. That is the whole purpose of the stay at home orders.

• Love 6

I love how MM wants more restrictions on the corporate money...did she even follow all of this and know that it’s her party that actually wanted no restrictions o. It and hide it all for 6 months?  Pay attention pundit and maybe talk to your own party members!

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Onceafan said:

If Meghan and Whoopi are on and are self isolating as well, then why can't Joy be on the show also? Is Joy refusing to be on now remotely?

I agree. Such bull she isn't on this show; unless it was her choice for some reason? I really don't give af what Whoopi or Meghan have to say about anything, tbh. And where is Ana if they're not going to allow Joy on anyway? I keep tuning in at the opening to see whose faces are on the screen and then it's back to other things.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

Oh man, Meghun is playing scrabble with her husband to pass the time. Be prepared for more 'word of the day' or misused words.

I really hope they start including Ana. I wonder if the crew with Whoopi stay at her house, sheltering in place or if they leave everyday. I think the other day she said she was in New Jersey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is a fine line between bragging about your wonderful life and telling people about your life. And Sunny crosses that line a lot.  She might not even mean to do it but it does sound like she is saying look at me, I have a doctor husband two great kids and blah blah blah.  Sara on the other hand just seems to relay stories about what is happening at her house.  Meredith was the same way.

Reminds me of a line from a letter by Jane Austen to her sister:  Pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If I were Sunny's daughter, I'd be embarrassed having my questionable piano talents shown on national TV.  I wouldn't mind hearing about the music lesson, but I don't need to see it.  The kids didn't sign up for this.

Meghan probably turned Ben's "crisis" into "crisises" (sic) in Scrabble last night.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Sunny does not bother me at all - she was happy to enter her house and see her daughter practicing the piano with her virtual teacher.

Sunny's family is very priviledged but it is always Sunny understanding paycheck to paycheck people. She has never forgotten her roots.

• Love 17

Can somebody educate me? What do Lindsey Graham and Newt Gingrich mean when they talk about the possibility of nurses quitting their jobs because they'd earn more money unemployed. Even Sunny agreed about the more money. She said something along the lines of "Surely, nurses wouldn't quit for just a couple hundred dollars more..."

know nurses earn a lot more than what they would get from the stimulus package.

What am I missing?

And, no, crisises is NOT a word, private-school princess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Scrabble is an old person's game?  Who knew?

So Newt was on about how it was high time to get some bipartisanship happening  in DC.  Im not an American, but I think I remember hearing that Newt, as Speaker, introduced divisiveness and partisanship.  It may even have been MeAgain who Megsplained that one day.  Didn't she long for the days of Tip O'Neill?

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Can somebody educate me? What do Lindsey Graham and Newt Gingrich mean when they talk about the possibility of nurses quitting their jobs because they'd earn more money unemployed. Even Sunny agreed about the more money. She said something along the lines of "Surely, nurses wouldn't quit for just a couple hundred dollars more..."

What am I missing?

From The New York Times:

4D4FB83B-E8A7-4138-908B-1B3F3C3ADB1D.jpeg

E6F55514-638D-4563-820B-2D73CF8AF157.jpeg

F5244B21-3AD6-4BAA-B6C4-85E2C2645062.jpeg

More here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-stimulus-package-questions-answers.amp.html

• Love 3
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

If I were Sunny's daughter, I'd be embarrassed having my questionable piano talents shown on national TV.  I wouldn't mind hearing about the music lesson, but I don't need to see it.  The kids didn't sign up for this.

Meghan probably turned Ben's "crisis" into "crisises" (sic) in Scrabble last night.

Loving!   Everything you said!    Yeah, for a college graduate, has Nutty never come across the plural of crisis?   I don't have a higher education but even I know the proper word. 😏

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Did Megs just say 'domesticy' instead of domesticity?

11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Rather than recycling Sara or Elisabeth, can we get Lisa Ling back?

Rather than Whoopi or Meghan, can we get Lisa Ling back?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Ooh, they both started talking at the same time after Lisa Ling finished answering a question, and Meghan said, "Wait a second, Whoopie".  I think she's bolder because they're not in the same location.

According to Meghan, Lisa Ling's husband, as a doctor, "hasn't seen anything like this in a long time".

Meghan doesn't know what the word "blasphemous" means.  This is the second time recently that she's used it incorrectly.

So everybody else was smiling and cheerful when they were wishing people happy birthday, but Meghan looked pissed off.  Was the make-up artist they mentioned the one she tried to get fired? 

Speaking of make-up, Meghan is not very good at applying her own.  Her blush, especially on one cheek, wasn't blended in, and her eyebrows are giving me visions of Joan Crawford.  I was wondering if her eyebrows had always looked like that, and it was just more obvious in a head-on view, but looking at the promos they showed, no, they aren't normally that heavily penciled in.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sara H talks about her kids yet I never get annoyed with her.  I think it's cause she doesn't have the know it all mom vibe, plus she's warm.   And she's logical with facts and common sense.  I've missed her.  Meghan, Joy and Sunny are sometimes too into emotion vs fact and Whoopi alternates between the 2.

Sunny doesn't really bother me with this, but I must say, Sara is portably the sweetest cast member since Meredith. I don't recall her ever being rude or acting like a know-it-all. 

The people deliberately spreading their germs at this time do need to be punished. Unbelievable. 

• Love 12
(edited)
27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, they both started talking at the same time after Lisa Ling finished answering a question, and Meghan said, "Wait a second, Whoopie".  I think she's bolder because they're not in the same location.

According to Meghan, Lisa Ling's husband, as a doctor, "hasn't seen anything like this in a long time".

Meghun was trying so hard to excuse the use of China virus instead of covid-19. Meghan, your not any less of a racist because you start your statement with racism is bad.

Edited by falltime
Spelling
  • Love 18
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Anyone still looking for toilet paper?

I am.  I bought 3 packs in the late fall because I hate to drag stuff like that through the snow.  I am on my last 1/2 of my last pack so I should be buying one pack now.  NONE!

Do people realize that flushable wipes aren't flushable?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

What am I missing?

And, no, crisises is NOT a word, private-school princess.

I think this is the normal republican one that people don’t want to work, especially those in lower income brackets, and if unemployment is enough they’ll never work again.  The same old welfare queen trope/dog whistle.  It’s not based on any facts or evidence...in fact studies show the exact opposite. For years I ran a free civil legal aid program for low income workers and it was a rarity to have a client who wasn’t working at least one job if not more.  They weren’t sitting around enjoying unemployment or state benefits like the Rs want you to believe.  This kind of talk just really angers me!  And yes, at least here, nurses earn quite a nice salary.  

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Rather than recycling Sara or Elisabeth, can we get Lisa Ling back?

I agree but why would she want to!  🤨

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Meghan doesn't know what the word "blasphemous" means.  This is the second time recently that she's used it incorrectly.

So everybody else was smiling and cheerful when they were wishing people happy birthday, but Meghan looked pissed off.  Was the make-up artist they mentioned the one she tried to get fired? 

Speaking of make-up, Meghan is not very good at applying her own.  Her blush, especially on one cheek, wasn't blended in, and her eyebrows are giving me visions of Joan Crawford.  I was wondering if her eyebrows had always looked like that, and it was just more obvious in a head-on view, but looking at the promos they showed, no, they aren't normally that heavily penciled in.

Whoopies looks ok.  I wonder if Whoopie has a team there...she’s obviously being remotely filmed as opposed to MM who I assume is on Skype or something similar.  In all fairness I don’t think anyone looks very good in front of their computer camera but she does look a bit harsh.  Maybe we’ve been blaming the makeup team all this time but it’s really just the way she looks?

58 minutes ago, Axie said:

I think Joy just doesn’t want to be bothered.

I hope she isn’t sick.  😔

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Whoopies looks ok.  I wonder if Whoopie has a team there...she’s obviously being remotely filmed as opposed to MM who I assume is on Skype or something similar. 

Yes, Whoopi has a crew there with her and Meghun doesn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So good to see Lisa. A tad confused ( a continuous state) about her saying that they are shuffling their kids back and  fourth between both grandparents,  I remember seeing a documentary she did with her sister centered around her father who was living alone and very very forgetful. Hepefuly it’s a look through the window situation.  

• Love 4

A lot of us speculated that Meghan was freaking out about COVID19 because it affects her now, so she was shaming anyone who was treating it lightly and telling them to stay home. Now that we know she's pregnant, and far enough to know the gender, it makes perfect sense why she was so enthusiastically working herself up whenever the topic came up. She probably wants people to stay at home and be diligent so that her hospital appointments are hassle free.

(She's also being affected regardless, but it makes more sense why she's so passionate about it at the moment)

As for Newt, I recommend listening to season two of Slow Burn. It's all about the Clinton impeachment and how Newt went out of his way to go after Bill. Being partisan usually means going with Republicans while they can do whatever they want. That's what Newt wants more of. The fact that he is against giving nurses more money proves that he doesn't even care about people.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 12