Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/23/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Mar. 23 – Sara Haines and Rahm Emanuel guest co-host; Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 24 – Sara Haines guest co-hosts; Katy Perry, Lionel Richie & Luke Bryan join via satellite (ABC’s “American Idol”)

Wednesday, Mar. 25 — Sara Haines guest co-hosts; Mark Cuban

Thursday, Mar. 26 —Sara Haines guest co-hosts; Newt Gingrich via satellite from Rome, Italy

Friday, Mar. 27 — Sara Haines guest co-hosts;  Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’ll be interested to hear Rahm Emanuel’s take on how an administration handles a crisis. 

He has been on various news outlets. Sounds like he would be a true leader in an emergency 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I've been hoping for MM to 'host' from home. She can be muted by TPTB whenever she starts over-talking or ranting when it is someone else's turn to talk.

Yes, I'll try watching this time, since Sunny and Sara will have more control of the room.

I don't understand though why Joy isn't skyping in now when two others are?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't understand though why Joy isn't skyping in now when two others are?

Exactly! Why can't we have Joy?

I think Sunny and Sara are fools for going in there.  NY is on lockdown.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, springtime said:

Any mention of Meghan this morning? (we had a virus update at the top of the hour)

Yes. They all congratulated her.

Joy is skyping from home. Only Sara and Sunny are on set. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mimi said:

no show for me in Canada.  Even the Us station has pre empted it.

I didn't even bother to watch it today, since I knew Trudeau would give another press conference. I feel like this is going to be the same thing that happens for most of the week, which makes me feel like the ladies should just stay home for the time being. They're being pre-empted nonstop, so it's better to keep them at home and not risk any of them getting sick for a show that won't be seen by most.

• Love 5

Are they frickin’ kidding????  With all that’s going on we still are getting VYD???  Can they be any more tone deaf??

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10

Joy’s feed is so choppy and keeps freezing!! Come on ABC! You need to use the same one that you are using for Whoopi!!

wow when my mother and I first saw Joy my mother said oh no she looks sick! But I guess it’s just that we are seeing her more natural since she doesn’t have the hair and makeup.

• Love 16

Didn't get to see the first half hour, as there was a local coronavirus press conference.

That Peter Alexander moment infuriated me when I saw it on Friday.  Andrea Mitchell talked to Peter about an hour after that happened, and you could tell he was still shaken up by it.  There was actually more to it that they didn't show today.

Joy needs someone to advise her about how to get the same quality connection that Whoopie and Rahm have.

• Love 13

My personal theory is that Gov. Cuomo keeps pre-empting The View because he's trying to tell the hosts that they are non-essential. Thank goodness he stopped in time for "View Your Deal." **eyeroll** If ABC was smarter, they'd arrange for deals on toilet paper and milk.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5

Mags and Ben are going to inflict their spawn on an unsuspecting and already stressed out world?!! Oh joy.

All I know is, I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near that studio when the hormones, bitchiness and barfing kick in. You think she's unbearable NOW?!!!

The show got pre-empted here. I only caught the last 20 minutes and then when that stupid VYD came on, I changed the channel.

Nice to know that even in a deadly outbreak, those deals still need to be seen to be believed!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know if you all have heard but Meg is preg. 

Since any mention of pregnancy,  parenting, breast feeding, has always been met with Meghan screeching. "I don't  have kids! I have nothing to say!" I wonder if she's now going to demand the be about pregnancy ALL THE TIME.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

It’s ok folks the Deals are not glamorous. A suction to suck mosquito and spider bites.   Grow your own mint for cocktails.  Some type of signage I did not  actually open links  

This  is the first time I’ve seen the beginning of the show.  Joy usually wears her hair natural when not at work ( curly) so she did the best she could.  It must really be hard on her not having her grandson to love on... my heart is aching for my two little guys. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Joy’s feed is so choppy and keeps freezing!! Come on ABC! You need to use the same one that you are using for Whoopi!!

Exactly, get it together for Joy. If they want to have a choppy connection, use that for Meghan.

PS. Joy has a Pottery Barn desk!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

But of course. She's gonna be one of those women who act like they're the only person in the world to experience pregnancy and childbirth.

Can you say "insufferable?" The only silver lining is that I'm hoping that she, the good little Republican wife she is, will stay home afterwards and free us all of her rude, obnoxious tyranny. 

Would it make me a horrible person if I wished on her a long excruciating labour?

Bennie and the Jets is going have all the bourbon now to himself. Yipee!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

In these troubling times I am going to post a super silly question.  Does anyone know what happened to Rahm Emanuel’s right middle finger?  Such an important finger too.  I got a mind picture of 45 gnawing it off while being flipped off.  🖕🏻💩

• LOL 5

While a high school student working part-time at an Arby's restaurant, Emanuel severely cut his right middle finger on a meat slicer, which was later infected from swimming in Lake Michigan. His finger was partially amputated due to the severity of the infection.

-as per google.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Well, if we do have to tolerate Meghan at least she will be remote (which is seeming to be a mess). 

Sunny is still acting all sappy about her virtual parties and Sara still doesn't add much.

The View is trying to keep this show on but with all the guests remote and now the hosts, is it going to last?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3

Congrats to Meghan....but am I the only one who envisioned Meghan and her would be child arguing about how 'great' their fathers are? If she's having a girl, then picturing this is even funnier. 

..i'll see myself out now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Didn't get to see the first half hour, as there was a local coronavirus press conference.

That Peter Alexander moment infuriated me when I saw it on Friday.  Andrea Mitchell talked to Peter about an hour after that happened, and you could tell he was still shaken up by it.  There was actually more to it that they didn't show today.

Joy needs someone to advise her about how to get the same quality connection that Whoopie and Rahm have.

Kelly O’Donnell was verbally attacked as well. ☹️

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Since any mention of pregnancy,  parenting, breast feeding, has always been met with Meghan screeching. "I don't  have kids! I have nothing to say!" I wonder if she's now going to demand the be about pregnancy ALL THE TIME.

I’m sincerely happy for her, but you guys are not wrong! My predictions...

This is the craziest time ever in history to be pregnant! My pregnancy is more special than other pregnancies because I’m over 30. There’s this taboo about breastfeeding! You think you had it bad nursing? My nursing bras had to be custom-made! 

And we will get “my baby” instead of “my father.”

• Love 15

It must be a conspiracy among the governors because mine (Hogan in MD) had a press conference too - that ended just in time for VYD.  At least we know Whoopi's supplier is still in business.  After Sunny spoke about her virtual happy hours (which are a godsend if you live alone!), Whoopi said "or roll something".  LMAO!  Oh to be rich . . .

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why is Sunny there and not at home?  Isn't she married to a doctor?  Which would put her at higher risk of getting it?

I think they should all be a home and do the show that way.

Also, Rahm was mayor of Chicago..and he made some mis steps..costly ones still felt. (I'm a former Chicago resident)

• Love 2

Megan's pregnancy means we are stuck with her indefinitely.  

Why doesn't the show take a hiatus until we know for sure how to combat this virus? We know these ladies are getting paid handsomely so they have no need to be at work.  Meanwhile most Americans are scared about how they will provide for their families going forward..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Some observations from that uneven show this morning...

1. Joy, I believe, was on Skype or something like that. That's why her feed was so choppy and hard to understand. I believe Whoopi and Rahm had an actual camera feed from where they were - makes a huge difference. I noticed that last week with Whoopi, as her picture is so clear and her audio is as well.

2. After a few weeks of having ob-gyn Jen Ashton, faux Dr, Phil, and cardiologist Dr. OZ on giving their medical expertise on COVID 19, Sarah and Whoopi said they are only listening to advice from epidemiologists - that's it!  See ya Jen, Mahmet and Phil - your advice is not wanted there any more.

3. Congratulations to Meghan and Ben. Wonder if she's returning at all before November?

4. I was to distracted by Rahm Emanuel's half middle finger than anything he was saying. And I like him very much - wish I could pay attention to him, but that finger was distracting. 

5. Looks like Sara made up with hair and makeup this morning. She must've apologized for her behavior which pissed them all off last week. He makeup and hair looked fine - even her wardrobe was fitting for a 25 year old, even though she's in her 40s. It's a step in the right direction.

6. Joy looked horrible, and wouldn't shut up. I was happy to see her, but come on! Was she trying to take over the show because Meghan wasn't there ?

7. Finally, as their viewers are laid off and struggling to make their rent and mortgage payments, I'm sure they are thrilled to know that they can decorate their backyards with bird houses that look like mini-mansions, and expensive bird feed. I'm sure the bank will appreciate that curbside appeal when they foreclose on their properties. Just clean up the pigeon droppings on your way out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Are they frickin’ kidding????  With all that’s going on we still are getting VYD???  Can they be any more tone deaf??

And watching S&S fondle all the items made me wonder if they'll end up in the trash, which is easier than trying to decontaminate all their surfaces.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I got around to watching the first half of the show, and I was wondering - did anybody else find it strange that they announced Meghan's pregnancy today instead of having her do it whenever she's back on? It was so lackluster; Joy didn't react at all, which was kind of funny.

From what Joy was saying about how she's handling self-isolation, I think she's back so she has something to do with part of her day.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Some observations from that uneven show this morning...

1. Joy, I believe, was on Skype or something like that. That's why her feed was so choppy and hard to understand. I believe Whoopi and Rahm had an actual camera feed from where they were - makes a huge difference. I noticed that last week with Whoopi, as her picture is so clear and her audio is as well.

2. After a few weeks of having ob-gyn Jen Ashton, faux Dr, Phil, and cardiologist Dr. OZ on giving their medical expertise on COVID 19, Sarah and Whoopi said they are only listening to advice from epidemiologists - that's it!  See ya Jen, Mahmet and Phil - your advice is not wanted there any more.

3. Congratulations to Meghan and Ben. Wonder if she's returning at all before November?

4. I was to distracted by Rahm Emanuel's half middle finger than anything he was saying. And I like him very much - wish I could pay attention to him, but that finger was distracting. 

5. Looks like Sara made up with hair and makeup this morning. She must've apologized for her behavior which pissed them all off last week. He makeup and hair looked fine - even her wardrobe was fitting for a 25 year old, even though she's in her 40s. It's a step in the right direction.

6. Joy looked horrible, and wouldn't shut up. I was happy to see her, but come on! Was she trying to take over the show because Meghan wasn't there ?

7. Finally, as their viewers are laid off and struggling to make their rent and mortgage payments, I'm sure they are thrilled to know that they can decorate their backyards with bird houses that look like mini-mansions, and expensive bird feed. I'm sure the bank will appreciate that curbside appeal when they foreclose on their properties. Just clean up the pigeon droppings on your way out.

I think joys problem was Skype.  A, guessing the delay was too much to deal,with and difficult to know when someone else spoke or stopped speaking.  I’ve had that happen on a phone conversation with one person where you both talk, then stop, then both try to talk again.  With 2 in the studio and 3 on totally different remotes of which one is Skype, I’m not surprised at the messy situation.  I agree they should go on hiatus.  And the VYD stuff was kind of ridiculous today.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I think joys problem was Skype.  A, guessing the delay was too much to deal,with and difficult to know when someone else spoke or stopped speaking.  I’ve had that happen on a phone conversation with one person where you both talk, then stop, then both try to talk again.  With 2 in the studio and 3 on totally different remotes of which one is Skype, I’m not surprised at the messy situation.  I agree they should go on hiatus.  And the VYD stuff was kind of ridiculous today.  

This is completely correct, but the producers/directors could manage this much better.  First, why is Joy on Skype when Whoopi clearly has a direct feed?  Second, who is stage managing this?  They just have to let the co-hosts know to wait and then respond.  Both Joy and Rahm just kept talking not realizing the other one was talking.  Imagine if MeAgain was on there today with them! 🤣

I think Joy should be part of the remote participants if the show continues but they must do a better job.  Someone also needs to coach Joy to not talk until she is given the go-ahead; it is not like being in studio.

P.S. I think Joy looked fine.  I think all of the co-hosts, except Whoopi and Ana, are usually completely overdone with hair and make-up.  Even Sara this week looked like she might not be an actual human for a couple of days because she had some weird shiny waxy blush happening.  Sara is beautiful, she doesn't need that much work.  Same with Sunny and MeAgain.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 9