Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/23/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, they both started talking at the same time after Lisa Ling finished answering a question, and Meghan said, "Wait a second, Whoopie".  I think she's bolder because they're not in the same location.

According to Meghan, Lisa Ling's husband, as a doctor, "hasn't seen anything like this in a long time".

Meghan doesn't know what the word "blasphemous" means.  This is the second time recently that she's used it incorrectly.

So everybody else was smiling and cheerful when they were wishing people happy birthday, but Meghan looked pissed off.  Was the make-up artist they mentioned the one she tried to get fired? 

Speaking of make-up, Meghan is not very good at applying her own.  Her blush, especially on one cheek, wasn't blended in, and her eyebrows are giving me visions of Joan Crawford.  I was wondering if her eyebrows had always looked like that, and it was just more obvious in a head-on view, but looking at the promos they showed, no, they aren't normally that heavily penciled in.

Hahaha yea i noticed when everyone was saying goodbyes, she just sat there with major sourpuss RBF and could barely manage a half hearted wave.  Can we trade her for Joy?  Lol

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Can somebody educate me? What do Lindsey Graham and Newt Gingrich mean when they talk about the possibility of nurses quitting their jobs because they'd earn more money unemployed. Even Sunny agreed about the more money. She said something along the lines of "Surely, nurses wouldn't quit for just a couple hundred dollars more..."

know nurses earn a lot more than what they would get from the stimulus package.

What am I missing?

I’m thinking they aren’t talking about RNs,  but maybe CNAs or some LPNs who make a lot less than a RN

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I’m thinking they aren’t talking about RNs,  but maybe CNAs or some LPNs who make a lot less than a RN

But to get unemployment you have to be laid off.  You can't just quit a job and collect unemployment. And right now there aren't going to be any health care workers being laid off.  Newt just wants to demonize working people. 

• Love 10

Catching up on the past few days...

I shut it off during Newt's interview. Sorry, he's not an interesting person to interview - he just isn't. I've seen him interviewed on other (news) shows as well; he's boring to listen to as he drones on. Not sure why he was there.

Today's episode (which was recorded yesterday) was just as dull. However, its interesting to see how these women look in their 'natural environment' without a team of make-up artists, hairdressers, and lighting techs:

Sorry to say that Lisa Ling has not aged well at all. Maybe she has a stressful life, or maybe it's genetic, but seeing her 'real self' from her home on Skype - she's not aged well at all. (Of course she would look better in-studio with a team of make-up artists, hair dressers, etc.)

Meghan  - WTH is going on with those eyebrows? Not quite sure why she was dressed in a black turtle-neck sweater and hat while sitting inside her apartment, but she needs to be advised by professionals. 

I think Joy must've seen a recording of the episode she participated in on Monday, and decided 'no more'. I think she must've realized how terrible she looked without professionals, and how bad her audio was - and decided it's not worth it. 

Jason Biggs - AGAIN ? I guess he's the "go-to" celebrity in NYC when they need filler. It used to be Mario Cantone (don't miss him AT ALL), and now it's Jason Biggs. Ughhhhhhh! 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, falltime said:

Oh man, Meghun is playing scrabble with her husband to pass the time. 

Well that could only mean one thing - Scrabble will now be the new in thing to do during quarantine!!

Now that our beloved pundit, View panelist, ace political commentator and general hip and happening young Republican, Mizz Mags McCain is playing Scrabble, it will take Washington - and the whole wide world - by storm! 

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, they both started talking at the same time after Lisa Ling finished answering a question, and Meghan said, "Wait a second, Whoopie".  I think she's bolder because they're not in the same location.

According to Meghan, Lisa Ling's husband, as a doctor, "hasn't seen anything like this in a long time".

As usual, MM thinks she can just take over and push the moderator aside.  LL's husband hasn't seen anything like this in a long time because, as LL pointed out, he works in a biotech firm and doesn't see patients.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Sorry to say that Lisa Ling has not aged well at all. Maybe she has a stressful life, or maybe it's genetic, but seeing her 'real self' from her home on Skype - she's not aged well at all. (Of course she would look better in-studio with a team of make-up artists, hair dressers, etc.)

Surely, you don't mean The View's makeup artists and hairdressers.

1 hour ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I think Joy must've seen a recording of the episode she participated in on Monday, and decided 'no more'. I think she must've realized how terrible she looked without professionals, and how bad her audio was - and decided it's not worth it. 

That's what I thought as well. Although, I'm not sure Joy is the type to actually sit and watch it. She might have just felt it was a clusterfvck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

LL's husband hasn't seen anything like this in a long time because, as LL pointed out, he works in a biotech firm and doesn't see patients.

I just meant that Meghan, if she thought about it, would realize that except for those over 100 or so, like her grandmother, no one in any walk of life has seen anything like this.

She's just so inarticulate, and sloppy, and doesn't care.   She thinks who she is, is enough.  And is it any wonder - she got where she is because of her last name, and it's the only thing keeping her there.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Now that our beloved pundit, View panelist, ace political commentator and general hip and happening young Republican, Mizz Mags McCain is playing Scrabble, it will take Washington - and the whole wide world - by storm! 

On behalf of all Washingtonians, no it won’t.

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, lusinia said:

I just meant that Meghan, if she thought about it, would realize that except for those over 100 or so, like her grandmother, no one in any walk of life has seen anything like this.

Her grandmother was 6-8 during the Spanish Flu epidemic and probably remembers part of it.

ETA: This morning in my local paper a centenarian said her family passed the time playing Scrabble during the Spanish Flu, so perhaps MM did speak to grandma.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

A couple of things:

• I went back to rewatch it (😓) and MeAgain did not say she was having a boy; she said Whoopi predicted the gender and that she was correct.
  • MeAgain misused many words today, and if I cared enough, I would rewatch and itemize them here.  But I don't.  You guys have captured some of the most hilarious.  I have now also noticed that she has a weird sentence construct that she uses.  Instead of just saying what she means, such as: I believe such and such; she uses a weird qualifying statement, such as:  it wouldn't be an overestimation to say....   WTAF kind of way of speaking is that, especially for a girl from the Phoenix Valley?!  This means she uses way too many words to get her point across, and then she has to tell Whoopi to hold on a second, cause she has more shit to say!
  • MeAgain's anger about what is happening is really way over the top. We are all upset/angry/afraid, but this has really pushed her over the edge. I don't mind it, I just find it interesting that this is the thing that allows her to criticize Trump's administration. Not all of the other things that happened before.  (She best not read her hubby's website, cause they are suggesting that everyone should do a pox party and just get the virus and get over it.  Even Twitter banned that kind of thinking.)
  • Jason Biggs and his wife and family moved to Long Island (aka the Hamptons) to escape the scourge.  I don't blame them. But it is really not a good look to be promoting that right now.  Think about all of the New Yorkers who cannot leave and go to a great house in the Hamptons and have what is pretty much a vacation.  People in apartments, people alone, no balconies.  And I believe that the government told people not to leave the city, yet the Biggs' found out their neighbour had COVID-19 and decided to leave.  Again, I don't blame them, if we all had the money and resources, we would do the same.  Just don't go on the View and throw it in viewers' faces.  Sorry, that really pissed me off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, bannana said:

WTAF kind of way of speaking is that, especially for a girl from the Phoenix Valley?! 

One who is trying to sound smarter than she actually is.

3 hours ago, bannana said:

I just find it interesting that this is the thing that allows her to criticize Trump's administration.

Except for calling it the Chinese flu.  She's ok with that.

• Love 5

Did Jason Biggs & family actually take up the offer of the house in the Hamptons?  He mentioned not wanting to discombobulate the kids further.  Their apartment is nearly 3000 square feet.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I have now also noticed that she has a weird sentence construct that she uses. 

It takes so much longer to transcribe what Meghan says because of the way she talks.  I have to start and stop and rewind the playback much more often, partly because I keep unconsciously correcting it in my head as I'm typing it out.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

Jason Biggs and his wife and family moved to Long Island (aka the Hamptons) to escape the scourge.

While they could be in the Hamptons, they aren't necessarily.  Long Island is huge; not all of it is wealthy.  I found this list of it's almost 300 cities, towns, villages, and hamlets - https://www.longisland.com/towns/.

For instance, Rosie O'Donnell and Alec Baldwin, both from middle-class families, grew up on different parts of Long Island.  The Biggs family is fortunate to have the opportunity to go there, though.  I can't imagine having to tell very young children for weeks, maybe months, that they can't play outside.    

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

So good to see Lisa. A tad confused ( a continuous state) about her saying that they are shuffling their kids back and  fourth between both grandparents,  I remember seeing a documentary she did with her sister centered around her father who was living alone and very very forgetful. Hepefuly it’s a look through the window situation.  

I picked up on that too.  I was hoping one of the hosts would question her about it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Surely, you don't mean The View's makeup artists and hairdressers.

That's what I thought as well. Although, I'm not sure Joy is the type to actually sit and watch it. She might have just felt it was a clusterfvck.

Has anyone heard anything from Ana lately?  It seems like ages since she's been on.  Dont blame her if she doesn't want to commute.  Dont know what curfews Florida has going on.  She might be sheltering in place. But she could still do it remotely like everyone else!  Heh come back Ana, I miss you!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, falltime said:

I was today years old when I found out it's Lisa Ling and not Lisa Lang. I don't know how since I hear her name frequently but my brain inserts Lang.

Hahah this could turn into a whole sidebar topic that would be fun.  Things youve misheard, usually mostly lyrics.  I'll  go first hehe. Lady i used to work with would start out the Natl Anthem every time as 'Jose can you see....' hahaha she was a funny person.  I think she actually knew but enjoyed putting on the newbies.  Another favorite is 'hold me closer Tony Danza..' (tiny dancer) hahahahaha

• LOL 6

One more PSA and Im done.  Im sorry ModMom.  This was just special becz of the subject and they want to get the word out.

☆☆☆  this just in! Or at least I'm just now hearing about it lol.  Sunday evening, there will be a live concert/telethon by Elton John in honor of all the healthcare folks out there.  No matter in what capacity.  And then the money i believe is going to the nurses fund or something like that.  He will have that place rocking!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Has anyone heard anything from Ana lately?

I follow her on twitter. She was trying to groom her dog without success, and she and her husband were buying stupid things on Amazon. Her twitter feed is funny.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, bannana said:

It is funny to me how Messy only cares when an issue affects her personally otherwise she does not give a damn.. 

I will have to say that Whoopie looks the best outside of the studio and that is because Whoopie does not put on alot of makeup on her face even in the studio.  She still looks the same after all of these years, her face is rounder due to gaining weight. I will say that Megan has beautiful skin, she does not need alot of makeup and that is the only good thing about her.  Lisa Ling looks awful and I was shocked. I hope my shallowness did not offend anybody on here.

Stay safe everybody!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

WTAF kind of way of speaking is that, especially for a girl from the Phoenix Valley?! 

I have teeth on edge syndrome whenever Mags opens her gob. She talks in that weird phony Kardashian Valley-Girl up speak growl that is so bloody fake sounding. 

Jason Biggs......why? I get that, all things considered, the well has run dry but this doofus is on constantly and he and his equally lackluster wife have NOTHING to add......EVER!

Sorry I missed Lisa. She was always so pretty. Wonder what happened? 

• Love 6
On 3/27/2020 at 1:09 PM, Rainyhawk said:

I think this is the normal republican one that people don’t want to work, especially those in lower income brackets, and if unemployment is enough they’ll never work again.

I agree with you that the theory holds true to some people.  I guess an RN making 60 - 75k for 3 12s is meaningless when you spent your whole life being on the government teat.  Let's not forget that MOST people go to school for a job they are passionate about.

Note:  In Michigan an RN would normally work 3 12hour days and would get OT for holidays and such.  They deserve every penny they earn.

2 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Sorry I missed Lisa. She was always so pretty. Wonder what happened? 

About her leaving the View?  Barbara told her she could go a long way in the news business and she agreed and did make it big on her own terms.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I follow her on twitter. She was trying to groom her dog without success, and she and her husband were buying stupid things on Amazon. Her twitter feed is funny.

It was so funny I couldn't resist adding the photographic evidence -

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I didn't see Lisa Ling on the show but I did see her ages ago on CNN when she was on to promote her show probably last summer, and I was dismayed to see that she had gone the Botox and filler route.  With killer cheekbones like hers, so completely unnecessary. 

• Love 2
On 3/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, babyhouseman said:

I get her on FB and she’s been cooking up a storm and like you mentioned hubby is ordering Truckloads of shit ( her word) 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Oh cool thanks!  🍻

On 3/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:

8 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I didn't see Lisa Ling on the show but I did see her ages ago on CNN when she was on to promote her show probably last summer, and I was dismayed to see that she had gone the Botox and filler route.  With killer cheekbones like hers, so completely unnecessary. 

Interesting range of opinions - she did too little, she did too much. I thought she looked great. I love how she speaks and she always seems very passionate and informed. 

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will have to say that Whoopie looks the best outside of the studio and that is because Whoopie does not put on alot of makeup on her face even in the studio.  She still looks the same after all of these years, her face is rounder due to gaining weight.

Lisa Ling looks awful and I was shocked. I hope my shallowness did not offend anybody on here.

I said the same thing about Ling. I was shocked at how bad she looked - again, maybe stress the past month or so?

As for Whoopie, when she first started out in the 80s she had big spacey teeth. She no longer does. Does anyone know when she had her teeth fixed and what was done to close all the gaps in between her teeth ? Whatever was done, her dentist did an incredible job. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Interesting range of opinions - she did too little, she did too much. I thought she looked great. I love how she speaks and she always seems very passionate and informed. 

That is how it is for women. No matter what you do, people will criticize. She should cure cancer and everybody would be like, "Yeah, curing cancer is good but does anyone really want to fuck her anymore? Because that is her true measure of worth" You can't win.

• Love 16
20 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Does anyone know when she had her teeth fixed and what was done to close all the gaps in between her teeth ? Whatever was done, her dentist did an incredible job. 

Probably veneers; virtually everyone in Hollywood has them these days. Hers at least look natural, not like chicklets.

• Love 3