Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/23/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, lusinia said:

I got around to watching the first half of the show, and I was wondering - did anybody else find it strange that they announced Meghan's pregnancy today instead of having her do it whenever she's back on? It was so lackluster; Joy didn't react at all, which was kind of funny.

Meg announced it on Twitter and it's all over the news so the ladies really could not ignore it.

10 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Joy looked horrible, and wouldn't shut up

I don't care how she looked, but she was annoying me by interrupting everyone.  I imagine it was hard for her to hear what was going on in the studio but her talking over everyone hurt the flow of the show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't care how she looked, but she was annoying me by interrupting everyone.  I imagine it was hard for her to hear what was going on in the studio but her talking over everyone hurt the flow of the show.

That was beyond annoying.  Without Meghan there they were able to have a nice conversation but Joy was not only talking when others were she was also going off on tangents.  I understand her frustration but it hurt the flow of conversation.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That was beyond annoying.  Without Meghan there they were able to have a nice conversation but Joy was not only talking when others were she was also going off on tangents.  I understand her frustration but it hurt the flow of conversation.

I give Joy a pass because:

1. Skype or Zoom's delay meant her feed wasn't on time with the others.  I loved hearing from her and Rahm. So intelligent and on point. No BS. 

2. Joy's been isolated at home and was probably frustrated and chomping at the bit/more than ready to give her views. 

3. Production values of this show have never been the greatest even in the studio. 

Let's hope it gets better.... ........hahahahahaha....yeah right,  and Megaphone will make sense some day,  too.

And she will learn  to NOT respond out loud to the voice in her ear about set directives. 

This show is what it is. 

Has it ever improved from Meredith's days?

Aside from when Ana's on, I'm drawing a blank here.  

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan's pregnancy means we are stuck with her indefinitely. 

How do you figure that? I think the opposite - this is FINALLY our chance to get rid of her!

I'm just imagining the stretch marks, weight gain, swollen ankles, etc. And she will be one of those who loudly broadcast EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM. Mags will definitely not be the calm, serene glowing Earth Mother type!

You think she insufferable NOW?!!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan's pregnancy means we are stuck with her indefinitely. 

Maternity leave will last a little bit.

We might get Ana during those couple of months as long as the pandemic isn't still going on then.

• Love 5

One thing's for sure, MeAgain is not going to miss having her say when the election kicks into high gear.  I'm thinking she's going to take minimal leave as she wants all the exposure, both good and bad, that she can garner during that time.  She's going to be insufferable.

Hopefully Joy's feed issue gets corrected quickly.  I enjoyed hearing from her but that feed was hard to take and very distracting for everyone.  I think Whoopi was ready to scream and, for once, I wouldn't blame her.  The producers need to step up their game.  This is one lazy show from a production standpoint.

• Love 15

I’m glad Joe’s team is taking the proper precautions to keep him safe, especially since he’s the presumptive Dem nominee. He’s in a the high-risk age group...

Edited by GoldenGirl90
Spelling is hard 🙄😂
  • Love 12

If Rand Paul was concerned that he might have contracted the virus, and even if "the guidelines on testing" had been followed and he wasn't tested, he still should have self-quarantined for two weeks just in case! 

But for having a test, he'd still be walking around, he said, even though he seriously thought he might've been exposed?  Is he really that stupid, or does he just think everybody else is?

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13

Looks like Sara will be covering the show for a while, since her show with Straham and Keke has been pre-empted for COVID19 coverage every day.  I still say she moves permanently back in the hostess chair for The View before the season is over, replacing Abby. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Maternity leave will last a little bit.

We might get Ana during those couple of months as long as the pandemic isn't still going on then.

I hope for Tara Setmeyer, but Meghan would implode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I hope for Tara Setmeyer, but Meghan would implode.

But since Meghan won't be there, tough luck.  I could actually see this (Tara) happening.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

If Rand Paul was concerned that he might have contracted the virus, and even if "the guidelines on testing" had been followed and he wasn't tested, he still should have self-quarantined for two weeks just in case! 

But for having a test, he'd still be walking around, he said, even though he seriously thought he might've been exposed?  Is he really that stupid, or does he just think everybody else is?

Wasn't he the one who got tested and then used the Senate gym before getting his results?

• Love 10

Regarding Joy, I agree that her talking over everyone was annoying and wanted to clarify my emoticon selection for a couple of posts.  I picked sad because it was hard to watch Joy.  She is not handling this virus situation well.  Maybe that is why she was not on the show today.  She needs to refocus her energy on finding out how she can be part of the solution. That should help her move forward.

Whoopi was patient.

Joe Biden did a great job today.  It was nice to hear that he is getting on top of the data and making plans in case he needs them.  Those from either party who focus on facts and solutions are much appreciated.

• Love 18

I tuned in at the halfway mark yesterday just to check if Joy might be there since now McCain's going to be Skyping in, too, and lucked up that she was there.

I'm not surprised she was off today. The delay with the cameras makes everything difficult, and with Joe Biden there, they probably wanted it to be as seamless as possible. Hopefully she's back tomorrow though. I admit I didn't watch all of today's show. I only tried because McCain wasn't there, but overall it was pretty boring. I did appreciate Sunny's passion in defense of elderly citizens though.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I only tried because McCain wasn't there, but overall it was pretty boring.

It really is boring and likely to get more and more boring. Why even have two people in the studio? Sunny can be remote.

They need to get Joy's connection straight so we can understand her. Sara doesn't need to continue to be there to fill a seat. 

• Love 7

I know they can't help it; I know.  But this remote stuff just isn't working.   At least, not for me.   Too much overtalking, bad audio, general disconnect.   It's only going to magnify when Nutmeg is added to the Brady Bunch square, because she will never shut up, pretending she can't hear anyone else in her earpiece.   And Whoopi will not there to threaten bodily harm if she doesn't clap her trap.   As difficult as it is to watch now, it will be impossible once Missy McCain returns.

• Love 15

Last week when they first had Whoopi on from home, whenever MeAgain  talked to Whoopi, she looked out toward where the audience would've been.  It was hilarious.

Sara is most definitely auditioning for a return to The View, and I think she will get it.  Today she didn't look like an AI; whatever weird bronzer they were using they seem to have ditched and it looked like she had human skin once again.

I thought that they did a good job today.  Agree that walking is out stupid, they should have dumped that right away.  I don't mind the split screens because all the news shows have been doing that forever.  But I liked that they showed the two-shot of them in the studio.

There really is no good reason for any of them to be in the studio, but since this is apparently all going to be over by Easter, they would be back in the studio anyways. 

sarcastic the office GIF

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

How do you figure that? I think the opposite - this is FINALLY our chance to get rid of her!

yes, please

I hope she decides to stay home and she can tweet or whatever and I can ignore her

• Love 10

Meghan was doing well, not being nearly as annoying as she usually is, and then she just had to throw in a "both sides" when she said to Sen. Schumer, " I think you actually play pretty fair ball on both sides".  It doesn't even fit in that context!

That doctor singing - Wow!  What a voice.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6

Meghan said it was a surprise?  I don’t understand that. When grown Women who are Sexually active find themselves surprisingly pregnant. They know how it happens, right?

She said she didn’t think it would happen to her.  Again, this is her second pregnancy in a year.  I don’t get it. 
Im happy for her and her family. I’m especially happy because I’m Pro Choice so I always support women’s right to decide when and how they decide to procreate. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I missed it - did she say - girl or boy?  

Meghan said that a year ago, Whoopi told Meghan she was born to be a mother, and that it would be a boy.   Meghan said Whoopi was completely right, implying she knew she was having a boy. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Meghan said it was a surprise?  I don’t understand that. When grown Women who are Sexually active find themselves surprisingly pregnant. They know how it happens, right?

Considering she just a little over a year ago said she didn't think she wanted kids and then became pregnant only to lose that child and is now pregnant again I'm going to say maybe she doesn't know how it happens.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Meghan said that a year ago, Whoopi told Meghan she was born to be a mother, and that it would be a boy.   Meghan said Whoopi was completely right, implying she knew she was having a boy. 

her? born to be a mother?  yikes, whoopie sees something about our precious one that I just don't see

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

John McCain Domenech on the way. 

Didn't one of her brothers already name his son after their dad?  And they call him Mac I think.  Let that grandson have his name all to himself please Meghan.

• Love 5

5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Didn't one of her brothers already name his son after their dad?  And they call him Mac I think.  Let that grandson have his name all to himself please Meghan.

Yeah, there's no way that happens. She's cultivated an image of being John McCain's ONLY child, so... And, plus, this will allow her to keep milking it.

I tuned in today, saw she was there, and... *click* I definitely hope Sara comes back. I imagine she and Sunny are having fun being in the studio without the drama.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6

I only watched the first segment today because I wanted to see if Meghan was going to show up or not.

Her yellow wall with a framed flag hanging on it is...um...an interesting decorative touch.

She was already moaning about her pregnancy not being a straight line from A to B today. She was also nodding her head in agreement when Sara was talking about the importance of quality time she is spending at home with her kids.

I wish we knew her due date so we could create some sort of a countdown calendar to give us an idea of how much longer we have to put up with her until maternity leave.

I am sincerely curious about how she didn’t know she was pregnant, presumably for at least the first two months.

Maybe she’ll name the baby MyFather? Or, if she opts for John, they’ll call him Jack? His middle name was Sidney, so maybe that will be an option?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Bridget said:

She was already moaning about her pregnancy not being a straight line from A to B today.

Two pregnancies in about year is hardly a lot of time, considering how long some couples take to get pregnant.

44 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I wish we knew her due date so we could create some sort of a countdown calendar to give us an idea of how much longer we have to put up with her until maternity leave.

Yes, at least the month; we need something to look forward to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

On 3/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, Badbea99 said:

One thing's for sure, MeAgain is not going to miss having her say when the election kicks into high gear.  I'm thinking she's going to take minimal leave as she wants all the exposure, both good and bad, that she can garner during that time.  She's going to be insufferable.

Hopefully Joy's feed issue gets corrected quickly.  I enjoyed hearing from her but that feed was hard to take and very distracting for everyone.  I think Whoopi was ready to scream and, for once, I wouldn't blame her.  The producers need to step up their game.  This is one lazy show from a production standpoint.

I agree. If she already said on the show that she knows the baby's sex, then she's likely 4 months along. That would put her in the sweet spot to be out on a good maternity leave but return in time to discuss the election. She's a political analyst ya know so she probably planned the timing of this pregnancy like this on purpose.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

her? born to be a mother?  yikes, whoopie sees something about our precious one that I just don't see

Don't forget; Whoopi smokes a lot of weed.   Her vision was seen through a cannabis haze.

9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Considering she just a little over a year ago said she didn't think she wanted kids and then became pregnant only to lose that child and is now pregnant again I'm going to say maybe she doesn't know how it happens.

Exactly!   She said it was another surprise.   You know how she doesn't like to talk about sex  when the subject comes up?   I don't think it's a matter of not liking to talk about it.   I think it's a matter of not knowing anything about it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Whoopi told Meghan she was born to be a mother, and that it would be a boy.  

I missed that!

So on Twitter she says she is going to be back again via "satellite" and will be until the isolation ends.

I think she is smart to stay out of the studio during this while she is pregnant.  And the added bonus appears to be that she isn't nearly as snarly when she is physically not there.  Maybe it is because she doesn't have to spanxed within an inch of her life and then haul herself onto that stool.  But she was nodding a lot, which is weird, because I don't remember her nodding while at the table.

So I guess it will be okay to talk about kids now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8