Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Our Lips Are Sealed

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

No .. THANK YOU.  For your dedication and bravery.  My son in law, a N.Y.C fireman is sleeping in his basement and won’t go near my daughter and two Sons as there are cases in the firehouses.  He was in Iraq for a year and now this.  Crazy.

We are definitely getting hit hard in NYC. Never seen anything like it and I work at a major center in NYC. I’ve thought about isolating, but my kids are almost 5 months and 15 months, they both only want mama to put them to bed. 

• Love 3
On 3/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, iwasish said:

I didn’t have my glasses on and read this as “Lisa is pregnant”

Usman did say something about getting married and having kids. Sir, she has one less COPD, emphysema having egg than Big Brolic Granddaddy Grangela. Surely he’s not deluding himself. Then again, he did tell his friends she was in her 40s, so maybe he believes she’s still of childbearing age.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Usman did say something about getting married and having kids. Sir, she has one less COPD, emphysema having egg than Big Brolic Granddaddy Grangela. Surely he’s not deluding himself. Then again, he did tell his friends she was in her 40s, so maybe he believes she’s still of childbearing age.

40 what...thousand?

• LOL 15
Just now, RealReality said:

40 what...thousand?

Right! I think it was when we first met his friends. I’m about 98% sure he said she was 40 something and not her true age of 500-something. Let’s not pretend like Old Ghoul Lisa isn’t old as dirt.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Lisa claims that Usman's test came back clean but does she have proof of that?

Which is totally irrelevant because he could test false negative or he could test negative and then go right out and get infected. But Baby Love Lisa, being the Einstein that she is, wouldn't think of that shit.

• Love 2

Lisa has no redeeming qualities. She’s insecure, wildly jealous, controlling, and rude to Usman’s friends and colleagues. How she talked to Abba made me want to snatch her through the screen. She just has this condescending way of speaking down on people, and it is really working my last nerve. Her bemoaning Nigeria and Nigerians also isn’t sitting right with me.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

I have the opposite problem and it's driving me crazy! I'm an outdoorsy person and was really looking forward to breaking in some new gear I bought a few months ago! We can still hike, walk, and run outside for the time being (but who knows how long before that ends too?), and my setup is ideal for remote work, but staying home all the time is getting to me. I'm using it to force myself to work on the garden and some house projects until we can go out and see people again.

If this were July, it would be a different story.  I'd plant my butt on a floating mat and float all day in a pool with cocktails.  I'd rather enjoy that.  But alas, it is March and 30ish degrees.  At least there is outdoors endlessly walking the dog and no chance of that being taken away.  But again, 30ish degrees.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

“Love” is a subjective term. I think an abusive personality can believe s/he is capable of love and that’s all that would really matter to the abuser. “I love you so I have to smack you around when you do ______, just so you’ll be a better spouse.”

More like, “I love you so much. Why do you make me do this?  It makes me feel so bad. Please, please let’s never do this again. I love you forever “

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

Can I just thank all of you? I’m a physician, I’m still working every day because hospitals aren’t closing, worried all the time that I’m going to bring this virus home to my kids or my parents, but I am so glad this show is still on to give me a break from reality and then I can read all your fun snarky comments when I need a break from covid 

Thank you for your service.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

No .. THANK YOU.  For your dedication and bravery.  My son in law, a N.Y.C fireman is sleeping in his basement and won’t go near my daughter and two Sons as there are cases in the firehouses.  He was in Iraq for a year and now this.  Crazy.

Now your son is a warrior in another fight. I whis you and your family health and safety. 

• Love 14

Has anyone noticed that the Geoffrey/Varya segments have been completely left out of all pillow talk episodes? That show is much more digestible for me. 

I for one would find it hilarious to watch a re-edit of the BGLisa video with random images of Lisa floating in all directions just like the Hooked on Feeling by David Hasselhoff video (one of the best bad music videos of all time if you haven’t seen it).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Boston said:

I just took steak out of the freezer.. and DON'T JUDGE ME, but I like a little ketchup on the  plate with it.. I KNOW,my family used to be horrified. 

As long as you cut it on the bias, you're fine to do whatever you want with steak.  I don't know if you've been watching long enough to get that joke, let me know if you need a brief recap.  🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

Can I just thank all of you? I’m a physician, I’m still working every day because hospitals aren’t closing, worried all the time that I’m going to bring this virus home to my kids or my parents, but I am so glad this show is still on to give me a break from reality and then I can read all your fun snarky comments when I need a break from covid 

Thank you for working.  I appreciate what you're doing for all of us.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Spike said:

A coworker has been nagging me to watch Southern Charm so I am watching that.  Repulsive rich people who drink and screw all day with drawls.

If you REALLY want a trainwreck, Southern Charm Savannah is where it's at.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm the same way, re: low energy and the gym.  It's taken every ounce of self discipline for me to get up this morning, put on my workout clothes and go out for a walk/run and then (hopefully) do a workout video.  And I'm still just sitting here posting and not outside. 

I ordered a foldable stair climbing machine off Amazon so hopefully that'll help.  But I feel you, i spent most of the weekend in a giant nightshirt.  But I showered everyday and washed my hands a lot, so there is that.  

When your stair machine comes could you P.M. me and tell me how you like it?   Thnx.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Has anyone noticed that the Geoffrey/Varya segments have been completely left out of all pillow talk episodes? That show is much more digestible for me. 

I for one would find it hilarious to watch a re-edit of the BGLisa video with random images of Lisa floating in all directions just like the Hooked on Feeling by David Hasselhoff video (one of the best bad music videos of all time if you haven’t seen it).

Soap dirt has an article about Pillow Talk and how most of it is done. The folks are only shown certain scenes to react to.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Right! I think it was when we first met his friends. I’m about 98% sure he said she was 40 something and not her true age of 500-something. 

When Usman’s friends pressed him for Lisa’s age, I recall him looking embarrassed and saying something like, “Ummm, she’s like 48...49” as if he wouldn’t admit she was 50+

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The mod messages always appear to be written on yellow snow.

Don’t eat it! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Soap dirt has an article about Pillow Talk and how most of it is done. The folks are only shown certain scenes to react to.

Im pretty sure that these are not the way they have designed their bedrooms-if these even are their real bedrooms.  They all have these stock framed photos right above their beds. It's just weird, they all have 2 photos. I don't think most people like sleeping with a framed photo over their heads. I think production did that- redecorated their rooms. And none of them have a real headboard, like the popular ones most people have... 

3 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

It's just weird, they all have 2 photos. I don't think most people like sleeping with a framed photo over their heads

Yes the mirror belongs there.

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Im pretty sure that these are not the way they have designed their bedrooms-if these even are their real bedrooms.  They all have these stock framed photos right above their beds. It's just weird, they all have 2 photos. I don't think most people like sleeping with a framed photo over their heads. I think production did that- redecorated their rooms. And none of them have a real headboard, like the popular ones most people have... 

We have three framed photos over our bed - a wedding photo, 25th anniversary, and 50th anniversary.  And a plaque with our names that says, "You are my happily ever after."

We're corny.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We have three framed photos over our bed - a wedding photo, 25th anniversary, and 50th anniversary.  And a plaque with our names that says, "You are my happily ever after."

We're corny.

that is fine, they are persnal photos, Im saying the ones on Pillow Talk are very generic ones. It would make sense if they had wedding photos up but they all have these print art flower ones.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

that is fine, they are persnal photos, Im saying the ones on Pillow Talk are very generic ones. It would make sense if they had wedding photos up but they all have these print art flower ones.

Yeah more like you would see in a hotel.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Spike said:

Is anyone under 50 on FB anymore?

I mean, Rose....

This season has been a legit STRUGGLE for me to watch.  I generally turn it on and go about my evening.  I'm shock collared back into reality when Sister Wives comes on and I hear Kody whining about how hard his life is.  

I watch mostly via Pillow Talk and catch up on the in-betweens from y'all here.  Though I do want to find out what all Varya finds out about Geoffrey's past because I'm guessing IT ISN'T EVERYTHING.  

Can't even imagine how boring the tell-nothing will be.  Probably so boring that not even Jesse will want to make an appearance.  JKLOL he'll probably show up in a martyr-like effort to "save the show."  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I wouldn't care if one of them were a man.  They are boring, IMO.

And we have ripped apart everyone else's clothing and everything else about them - and that seems to be just fine.  There is nothing personal going out to anyone here.  If you go on reality TV to make a buck, you open yourself up to discussion and criticism.  Period.

I don't think the women are in a romantic relationship, but that has nothing to with them supposedly being bi. There have been many fake couples on this show. 

• Love 2

Geoffrey and his righteous indignation can just go sit his ass down. She lied to you about talking to other Americans. Before you throw those bricks at the glass walls, would you care to tell Varya what you've been keeping from her?* 

You can't get mad about dishonesty when you're also keeping shit to yourself-shit that might make someone not want to enter into a relationship with you.

*This is not a spoiler. He's spoken of his previous brushes with the law in other episodes. 

• Love 16

On 3/22/2020 at 6:34 PM, Silver Bells said:

Does Ed think Rose was a hooker?  I wouldn’t trust a test there either.  I don’t trust either one.

It's a fair question. She's very poor. She was impregnated out of wedlock in a very Catholic country by a man who did not want a relationship with her. She dates unattractive older American men online. She stayed at his hotel the night they met without shame.

I saw she has at least one tattoo, and there is a strong correlation in the Philippines and Thailand between tattooed women and hookers.

Her response to him insulting her was not just to cry and be sad, she looked at him with eyes full of rage, like she might get violent. She comes across to me as very "street."

On 3/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, bravofan27 said:

Geoffrey was really a jerk to Varya's friends. But they were asking him some inappropriate questions. I don't see what the big deal is about Varya talking to other American's. He knows she is mostly interested in coming to America, and for some reason wants to keep getting upset about it.

Geoffrey did not like being interrogated by women. That offended him. I also find it bizarre that he meets Varya on an "international dating website" and then gets angry when he learns that she has chatted with American guys online.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

It's a fair question. She's very poor. She was impregnated out of wedlock in a very Catholic country by a man who did not want a relationship with her. She dates unattractive older American men online. She stayed at his hotel the night they met without shame.

I saw she has at least one tattoo, and there is a strong correlation in the Philippines and Thailand between tattooed women and hookers.

Her response to him insulting her was not just to cry and be sad, she looked at him with eyes full of rage, like she might get violent. She comes across to me as very "street."

Geoffrey did not like being interrogated by women. That offended him. I also find it bizarre that he meets Varya on an "international dating website" and then gets angry when he learns that she has chatted with American guys online.

Yeah, it wasn't that he asked her to have a test done that offended me-it's that he didn't arrive with his own results or offer to get one done along with her. If he trusted the local doc's office to test his "queen" then he should've had one done as well. I can understand his reasoning (after all, they don't really know each other) but it was the one-sidedness that bothered me-not to mention the way it was presented. He basically said that since she won't talk about her past, he doesn't trust her. Does that mean that if she'd sat there and given him a blow by blow he would have trusted her?

I'm with her for getting upset (and embarrassed since this was done in a public place, on camera, instead of worked out beforehand) but if I'd been her I'd have said, "Sure! I'll get one done. And then when YOU get one done and show me the official results then I'll consider a physical relationship with you."

He's a hypocrite. He's accusing her of hiding stuff and not being honest when we know he's lied about things himself. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, it wasn't that he asked her to have a test done that offended me-it's that he didn't arrive with his own results or offer to get one done along with her. If he trusted the local doc's office to test his "queen" then he should've had one done as well. I can understand his reasoning (after all, they don't really know each other) but it was the one-sidedness that bothered me-not to mention the way it was presented. He basically said that since she won't talk about her past, he doesn't trust her. Does that mean that if she'd sat there and given him a blow by blow he would have trusted her?

I'm with her for getting upset (and embarrassed since this was done in a public place, on camera, instead of worked out beforehand) but if I'd been her I'd have said, "Sure! I'll get one done. And then when YOU get one done and show me the official results then I'll consider a physical relationship with you."

He's a hypocrite. He's accusing her of hiding stuff and not being honest when we know he's lied about things himself. 

I agree. There's a much classier way to ask a woman to take and STD test.  You don't say "I notice you have 4,000 Facebook friends, and I assume you're a skank who has f*cked most of them, so for my protection, I want you to take an STD test."

You just say "I think it would be smart for both of us to get tested before being physical." 

He said he didn't want to do the test there, which was either a cop out, or he's one of these idiot Americans who thinks he'll get the AIDS from a dirty needle if he gets a blood test outside the USA.  In which case, he should have brought his own recent test results.  Even Pole got tested in Brazil, didn't he?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

I agree. There's a much classier way to ask a woman to take and STD test.  You don't say "I notice you have 4,000 Facebook friends, and I assume you're a skank who has f*cked most of them, so for my protection, I want you to take an STD test."

You just say "I think it would be smart for both of us to get tested before being physical." 

He said he didn't want to do the test there, which was either a cop out, or he's one of these idiot Americans who thinks he'll get the AIDS from a dirty needle if he gets a blood test outside the USA.  In which case, he should have brought his own recent test results.  Even Pole got tested in Brazil, didn't he?

Yeah, like, "Naw girl, I'm not having one of your foreign needles stuck in me-just think of the awful diseases I could get from people like you. I'll wait while you do it, though, and if you won't then you can go back to sleeping on the floor..." 

Pretty sure either Pole did it there or he at least took his results with him. I can remember him having it done.

• Love 8
On 3/23/2020 at 12:38 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

I loved Antish. He was sitting up like he had a rod down his spine, and asked Averyjuana all the hard questions, very cool and un-emotional, with an effective parsimony of words. He was deliciously terrifying, and Ash fears him, I could tell.

Avery didnt seem to pick up on his hinting about her having been in several different relationships prior and what he was getting at. Antish is very to the point, since this couple needs a bit of a reality check. they really need to stop with the "taking Ashs son to the US" bs, I highly doubt the boys mom would be cool to let go of her 10 yr old son to be raised by Averyjuana in the US, I dont think Ash even has him half the time as is

• Love 8

Ed is disgusting. I cannot picture him having sex with Rose. He will crush her. He is much worse than she imagined. Rose, do not take the test, then you have a reason to avoid having his "tool" anywhere near you! And BONUS- you'll never have to see him naked! He probably will last 2 minutes, then be huffing and puffing and sweating anyway.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The issue with the test request was the one sided, hypocritical nature. It wasn’t good enough for him but good enough for her. That irked me. She agreed to do the test and asked that he do one as well. Was he going to insist on moving to a physical relationship with just her results? What about protecting her? He claims he hasn’t been in a relationship, but he never said he was celibate, not using a dating site like Tinder, been with any models in his cuh-reer, or if he had paid for the company of women, etc. I also didn’t like that he kept pressing her for the number of men she has been with. That’s not something that was his business or that needed to be discussed on camera. It is embarrassing. If her number had been 2 or 20, her lady parts are her business. As far as her child’s father not being involved, there are millions of women who end up single mums because of trifling men or boys who aren’t man enough to take care of what comes out and also don’t utilise available barrier methods. Catholic upbringing or not, some people have needs in that way. One of my classmates at a catholic school was pregnant with twins at our high school graduation. Another? Pregnant at 15 and had the baby at 16. No matter how devout a person or their family is, things happen. Rose is no different IMO. Hazel was poor and also had a child out of wedlock and Tarik managed not to accuse her of selling her body like Weeble Ed was insinuating.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, gavinmac said:

The thing about Rosemarie, I also got the impression that she was in someway "turning tricks", maybe bc she readily accepts Ed, IDK how common English is used as a second language in the Phillipines, but I assumed that for a woman from a poor village, she must have been speaking to a lot of foreign men. I got the idea that this is not her first rodeo with an older American man. 

With Varya  she has definitely dated other American men from the website (as her blonde ponytail friend bizarrely decided to announce, for absolutely no good reason for her friend), but I think she was just trying to catch a fish for marriage and visa purposes. I do think that in Russia, it is very difficult for women over a certain age (say, 28) to find a mate, and they say that if you leave university without finding someone, you will likely never get married. Hence, huge proportions of Russian/Ukrainian women looking for love elsewhere. 

And besides, It is very common in Russia for men to have a wife plus a secret girlfriend on the side. the wife is usually unaware. Or if she is, they will fight, and she will forgive him. and so the cycle contnues. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

The thing about Rosemarie, I also got the impression that she was in someway "turning tricks", maybe bc she readily accepts Ed, IDK how common English is used as a second language in the Phillipines, but I assumed that for a woman from a poor village, she must have been speaking to a lot of foreign men. I got the idea that this is not her first rodeo with an older American man. 

English as a second language is very common in the Philippines, even amongst the poor. Caloocan City, where Rose lives, is not a poor, backwater, village. It is a suburb of Manila, although it does have poor areas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Kid said:

Run, Usman, run.  Run fast, run far.  No way will she be able to catch you.

Hell, run slow and a short distance...she will stomp her foot, choke and turn red while she has a wheezy coughing fit after four or five steps....

Then he should turn around, laugh at her and just turn back and slowly walk away....

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, gavinmac said:

But it was SOOOO insulting that even though HE didn't want to be tested there - he expected ROSE to be tested there.  Doesn't he supposedly love Rose?  Why would you want to have a loved one do something you would not have done to yourself?

• Love 7

Let's assess...

BigEd and Rose connected online and started"dating"remotely.

Ed got the 90D deal and that energy amped up the relationship...lots of excitement, anticipation, camera, lights, action...

Rose colored glasses firmly on (pun intended) BigEd became more attractive to her, not necessarily physically but in status...he invited her to be his leading lady.. to be famous with him, a celebrity on American teevee...

With camera rolling, production crew crowding around he asks her to take a STD test...an ambush to her dignity and reputation...

He has been calling her his queen for 3 months so why did he ask such an embarrassing question in front of the crew?

Why drag her, Prince and her family through the gutter by sullying her reputation, her family's face and implying that she is less of a person who is diseased, dirty and a whore?

No wonder she is angry, confused and indignant....

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Why drag her, Prince and her family through the gutter by sullying her reputation, her family's face and implying that she is less of a person who is diseased, dirty and a whore?

Exactly!  Wanting an STD test done is actually a good decision for any couples getting together.  It was HOW he went about it and how he worded the conversation that made it extremely insulting.  

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

To hell with us, can we just thank you and all your fellow healthcare colleagues? From the janitors and the laundry aides to the medical directors and CEOs, you’re doing an amazing, difficult, selfless job right now while managing the pandemic in your own homes and families. Big ups to you!  Stay strong, stay safe and keep up the good work! Best wishes to you, your family and your coworkers.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Usman’s friends pressed him for Lisa’s age, I recall him looking embarrassed and saying something like, “Ummm, she’s like 48...49” as if he wouldn’t admit she was 50+

Don’t eat it! 

He said "49 to 50" and said it as a questions. I was wondering how someone could be an age range. 

11 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Im pretty sure that these are not the way they have designed their bedrooms-if these even are their real bedrooms.  They all have these stock framed photos right above their beds. It's just weird, they all have 2 photos.

Are you sure they are their actual bedrooms at all? I don't think they are their bedrooms at all. Not everyone has a bedroom that would lend itself to filming a tv show (size, bed size, color of walls, style of furniture).

6 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Are you referring to that mark under her arm, near her armpit? I wasn't sure if that was a tat or a scar.

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

The issue with the test request was the one sided, hypocritical nature. It wasn’t good enough for him but good enough for her. That irked me. She agreed to do the test and asked that he do one as well. Was he going to insist on moving to a physical relationship with just her results? What about protecting her? 

That's part of the test. Does she care if she sees his results or will she fuck him regardless?

49 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But it was SOOOO insulting that even though HE didn't want to be tested there - he expected ROSE to be tested there.  Doesn't he supposedly love Rose?  Why would you want to have a loved one do something you would not have done to yourself?

To see her reaction.

39 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

With camera rolling, production crew crowding around he asks her to take a STD test...an ambush to her dignity and reputation...

It shouldn't be. They should both want and ask for that.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

Are you sure they are their actual bedrooms at all? I don't think they are their bedrooms at all. Not everyone has a bedroom that would lend itself to filming a tv show (size, bed size, color of walls, style of furniture).

I’ve noticed that the only time they show the television screen being watched, it’s always (supposedly) Loren and Alexei’s with their framed wedding photo on the dresser 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1