Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Our Lips Are Sealed

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think Abba said he wasn't attending-"you won't see me there" but Usman said that he would consider it an insult if he didn't come. So Lisa barring him would be an easy solution. 

I liked Abba's parting shot, "Have a nice flight back to the US"

I thought he said "Have a SAFE flight back to the U.S." ....which makes it kind of a threat on the lines of "May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits"... lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Geoffrey was really a jerk to Varya's friends. But they were asking him some inappropriate questions. I don't see what the big deal is about Varya talking to other American's. He knows she is mostly interested in coming to America, and for some reason wants to keep getting upset about it.

She straight out lied about it - that's why he's mad. I'm sure he would be a little upset if she told him she had talked to other Americans, as he seems the jealous type, but if someone lied straight to your face you'd be pissed off too. 

11 hours ago, Dobian said:

He didn’t say it but I suspect it’s because he doesn’t trust the clinics there to use clean needles. In which case, why are you making Rose do it?  He never should have demanded she do that unless he was willing to get tested himself.

What other option does he have? He can't get her tested in America either.  

8 hours ago, silversage said:

If getting checked for a STD is so important to some then why can't they agree to get it done before they meet. That way they could make a decision about meeting in person before they spend hoards of money and traveling.

He probably thinks he needs to be there to make sure she doesn't fake it.  Dude doesn't trust her AT ALL!  If he were smarter he would have had the testing done before he went and had it to show her. I mean how can you expect to ask someone to do that and not expect them to ask the same of you? 

3 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

For her myriad faults, at least Darcy isn't using the lucky coincidence of her birth country to stomp all over impoverished people from other countries (see Baby Girl Lisa, Ed the Human Pig (except pigs are smart & sweet), Serial Killer Geoff).  

Because she wants $$$$$ pure and simple.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lilysmom said:

Maybe I have been isolated for too long, but when Usman went to introduce Lisa to Abba, did anyone else expect to see 4 singers from Stockholm singing "Dancing Queen?"

You are not alone.  Given that Mamma Mia is one of my favorite "go-to" CDs in the car, I was chuckling at the visual.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I thought he said "Have a SAFE flight back to the U.S." ....which makes it kind of a threat on the lines of "May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits"... lol

You're right. He did say "safe." I took it was the Nigerian equivalent of "Bye, Felicia." 

OMG, here it is 2:30 PM (EDT) I am still in my jammies and it's taken me two hours to catch up on today's posts. I keep stopping and commenting, then I forget where I left off. 

Confession: This is just an ordinary Monday for me! 

Anyway, two other thoughts...

Did Geoffrey think that because he met Varya on a Russian girls meeting American men dating site that he was the ONLY person she ever had a conversation with? Or that she broke off all communication with anyone else because she had found her "soulmate"? We haven't seen him tell her about his criminal record and PRISON past, have we? Isn't that worse than if she "dated" other American men before him which is the whole reason for being on a dating website? 

If Ed wasn't going to have sex with Rose before she was tested, why did he pack a bunch of Trojans? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Ed's main issues are first-world entitlement, racism, and toxic masculinity

Bingo! I think Ed thought that with his physical disability or whatever you want to call it, the viewers would take pity on him and be rooting for him to win My Queen. But instead, he's allowed us all to look past, nee waaaaaay past any physical limitations and see him for who he really is at his core, and it's not a pretty sight. He's just as gross and disgusting as all these other guys are, even moreso, because his sense of entitlement is overinflated beyond...I really hope Rose just walks away from this asshat, but in true The Loser Channel fashion, I'm certain she'll acquiesce next week...alas.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Lisa claims that Usman's test came back clean but does she have proof of that?

But she TRUSTS him.  He even promised her he's never had sex without a condom.  

And if you look up "stupid" in the dictionary, there's her picture.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Big Ed could have gotten an STD test a month before his trip. Left it in the doctor’s envelope. And also used protection until he was serious with Rose. He may have meant well, but there is a maturity, language, and age barrier. He came across as an entitled jerk.

No guarantee that any of the participants are talking exclusively to each other online. Varya is well within her rights to talk to any men online that she wishes to do so. She may have 2 or 3 others that she likes and may want to meet. She owns herself.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Big Ed could have gotten an STD test a month before his trip. Left it in the doctor’s envelope. And also used protection until he was serious with Rose. He may have meant well, but there is a maturity, language, and age barrier. He came across as an entitled jerk.

No guarantee that any of the participants are talking exclusively to each other online. Varya is well within her rights to talk to any men online that she wishes to do so. She may have 2 or 3 others that she likes and may want to meet. She owns herself.

all he really had to do was tell her that it's common practice in the US among mature and responsible adults - instead of saying it was being he didn't trust her past.  it's all in the delivery!

of course that doesn't make for good tv either.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Boston said:

It's Monday and i'm still in my "pajamas" from the weekend.. not really but I have sweat pants on that the string is gone and they keep falling down.. do I care??? NO.. no one better holler FIRE.. cause I will just stay in.. you are very funny.. and TMI, I know.

If you're a woman, the rest of the sentence after "sweatpants" went a bit fuzzy. A rare time I post anything fully truthful, but I've also been wearing the same sweatpants for days - combined with lifting weights and increased bowel activity from protein shakes blasting a gust of disgusting air from atop the drawstrings every time I sit down, this is where you'd block me if this were a dating website.

Thank you for the compliment, I am glad people enjoy the posts.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Remember when she told her friends her Nigerian boyfriend was “Soldier Boy” Rocky asked if he was “in the army or something”? 

Regardless of any enlistment, I'm sure we all think of Usman as a trooper for going along with this, especially in the bedroom when he gets a face full of Lisa's dishonorable discharge 🤢

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I have to say I loved it when Psycho Geoffrey stood up at that dinner and immediately so did the Russian man.  I noticed Geoffrey left soon after.  Not such a bully when faced with a man bigger than him.

I thought Geoffrey looked bigger than him. Also, if I was being grilled by a table full of people talking shit in another language and then was informed that I'd been lied to and that guy thought it was amusing, I'd want to slap him upside the head too.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Whut?!?!? The stock photo model is a white Italian man. Yolanda believes that Williams is white.

I looked him up again and would revise my guess to Persian or Middle Eastern, but I wouldn't be confident in telling him. Then again with how progressive the times are now, I shouldn't even assume he's a man.

55 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Maybe I have been isolated for too long, but when Usman went to introduce Lisa to Abba, did anyone else expect to see 4 singers from Stockholm singing "Dancing Queen?"

That was on my mind too, I said something similar 😄

(separate remark; posts got merged)

What are the chances that Rose's son's name is actually pronounced like this?

Prince Symbol.jpg

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes, yes he is! He’s number one on my list of white baby daddies, along with Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon and Zachary Levi.

Jon Hamm in the madmen days.  Yessir!

But I wouldn't kick Brad Pitt from the fight club/meet Joe black days out of bed for eating crackers.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I was responding to the person I quoted who called it a joke - that's how your initial comment came across to me with the "strictly dickly" bit as well as all the funny reactions it gathered. 

Whether it was a joke or not, all I'm saying is that I disagree with what you said. I'm not accusing you of anything or trying to insinuate anything and I understand you want to clear up what you perceive to be a misunderstanding but I don't think there is a misunderstanding, just a differing of opinion. We both said our bit, I'm good with it if you're good with it, we both move on to making fun of Ash's super prominent eyeballs and Avery's stankface at dinner. 

'Cause seriously, I think those things are gonna pop out of Ash's head and go rolling down the sidewalk someday soon if he isn't careful. 

I just used the term joke because we're riffing on her attire. I wasn't talking about the initial post. We can all agree that what you wear in itself doesn't spell out who you are or your sexual orientation. Some would also say that dressing from head to toe in as many rainbows as you can would lead people to conclusions. Her sexuality is probably not the well kept secret she thinks it is. That's all.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But I wouldn't kick Brad Pitt from the fight club/meet Joe black days out of bed for eating crackers.  

OMG, in my opinion Brad Pitt was gorgeous back then!  Not classically handsome, but I used to love Harrison Ford, too.   Ok, I'm weird....

• Love 4

It makes sense that Stephanie might be nervous about sex while taking pictures and other things. Those two things are completely different. And whether or not she's had sex with a woman has absolutely nothing to do with her sexuality. I'm not sure why people keep calling them lesbians when they've both said that they're bi. That's not okay. Why does their relationship get questioned so much? It seems like people usually think one person is actually trying. I still have no idea how the way Erika dresses is seen as so bad or as proof that she's bi or something. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, StitchPunk said:

It makes sense that Stephanie might be nervous about sex while taking pictures and other things. Those two things are completely different. And whether or not she's had sex with a woman has absolutely nothing to do with her sexuality. I'm not sure why people keep calling them lesbians when they've both said that they're bi. That's not okay. Why does their relationship get questioned so much? It seems like people usually think one person is actually trying. I still have no idea how the way Erika dresses is seen as so bad or as proof that she's bi or something. 

I wouldn't care if one of them were a man.  They are boring, IMO.

And we have ripped apart everyone else's clothing and everything else about them - and that seems to be just fine.  There is nothing personal going out to anyone here.  If you go on reality TV to make a buck, you open yourself up to discussion and criticism.  Period.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

If he were smarter he would have had the testing done before he went and had it to show her. I mean how can you expect to ask someone to do that and not expect them to ask the same of you? 

I think he wants to be extra sure she doesn't infect him by taking it after he gets home.

15 minutes ago, Angel pie said:

I think he wants to be extra sure she doesn't infect him by taking it after he gets home.

How does that make him extra sure?

Edited by Kyanight
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Jon Hamm in the madmen days.  Yessir!

True. Brad Pitt and Bon Jovi age like fine wine. (Still not convinced Bon Jovi isn’t part vampire.)

• LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OMG, in my opinion Brad Pitt was gorgeous back then!  Not classically handsome, but I used to love Harrison Ford, too.   Ok, I'm weird....

Harrison Ford is a fly old man. Have you seen his pics from his college days?  You know who else was fly back in the day? Time Kaine! Yeah, that Tim Kaine.   

Back on topic: Nobody on this season is fly.  Although the inner Blanche Devereaux in me would probably do Usman with a clean dick report.  Yeah, I said it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Harrison Ford is a fly old man. Have you seen his pics from his college days?  You know who else was fly back in the day? Time Kaine! Yeah, that Tim Kaine.   

Back on topic: Nobody on this season is fly.  Although the inner Blanche Devereaux in me would probably do Usman with a clean dick report.  Yeah, I said it!

I like Usman, and from what I can tell from the show (which admittedly isn't much) - I think he's a pretty decent person, for the most part.  I think he is the most attractive person on the Before 90 Days right now.  Second best is Antish, although he looks like it's possible he could bug-eye, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Seems to me that Rose‘ is true feelings about big Ed came out when he asked her to take the test, eh???  Just a bit of an overreaction as she sees her meal ticket slipping away.

I don't view any man as a meal ticket, and if someone who said they loved me, and wanted to marry me, and be a family with my son, approached taking an STD test (and refusing to take their own) as badly as Ed did, I'd be plenty angry too.

• Love 15
On 3/16/2020 at 1:10 AM, Kyanight said:

Does anyone else think Ed really holds his body strange when he walks?  He acts like he has a full body cast on or something.  Maybe a back brace?  

His vertabrae are fused bc of Klippel Feil syndome. Come on, that's not just being overweight! LOL

On 3/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, Lily247 said:

I am just not a fan of Varya's icy jet black dyed hair. Some Russian like to dye their hair icy black to look more striking, esp if they have light eyes. But to me it looks stripperish.

Looked like her teen hair color was pretty close. But yeah, I agree she would look better w/ lighter hair.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, Kid said:

I think she is pretty and well spoken. Unlike Lisa who is crass, vulgar, and ignorant.  And not pretty.  But that’s just my opinion, of course.

I think she is gullible.  But, you may be correct. 😂

re. Yolanda. She's pretty and dumpy imo. Pretty face but looks old and has a lumpy body.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:51 AM, Kangatush said:

Question, Rose had nothing with her at the airport, and when they checked into the hotel, so where did her walking around town clothes come from?

Wasn't she wearing a backpack when she ran to meet Ed?

18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Why should she believe HE has lived a clean life when he doesn't trust her?  Trust is a two-way street.

Bc she's the one w/ a toddler and he is 4' 11" LOL

17 hours ago, Eme said:

Does Geoff have a clue that no one likes him?  He went from 50 to 1,000 in 3 seconds when he got the translation that she’d had previous American Men Friends (thanks Girlfriends!). 

But wth is up w/ her friends for throwing her under the bus? That was crazy. 

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Geoffrey and Varya - So what if she talked to another American man? You are not exclusive and she is not your property. If you do decide to become exclusive and make this a serious relationship, then things will change.

But he asked her directly and she told him "no." If she felt it was none of his business she shouldn't have answered.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, judylo said:

Mrs. Hanson, have you been holding out on us? Were you Canadian at some point? Rumour??

I am sorry - we all have a lot on our plates, but (in a small voice) I don't get the reference!!!!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am sorry - we all have a lot on our plates, but (in a small voice) I don't get the reference!!!!

You spelled rumor with a “u”, rumour, in the British style, eh?

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones days was a whole meal!  All that swagger. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

I don't view any man as a meal ticket, and if someone who said they loved me, and wanted to marry me, and be a family with my son, approached taking an STD test (and refusing to take their own) as badly as Ed did, I'd be plenty angry too.

Ppl are so funny about STD tests. Even in the US. Why do ppl get so offended? The point is, everyone needs to take one if they plan on having sex...and even if they don't plan on having sex. It really doesn't matter how a person asks, justifies, reasons, qualifies, equivocates....you still need to get the test. Any resistance about it should be a dealbreaker (for both ppl).

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

In the Peace Corps we actually hooked people up with phones and internet connections. 

a friend of mine just served a couple years ago in Benin. told me the funniest thing was, a lot of the people there in the villages are very poor but most have smartphones, facebook, etc

47 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

I'm not sure why people keep calling them lesbians when they've both said that they're bi. 

To be fair, as they were walking out of the airport Erika made some comment about them being gay.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Ppl are so funny about STD tests. Even in the US. Why do ppl get so offended? The point is, everyone needs to take one if they plan on having sex...and even if they don't plan on having sex. It really doesn't matter how a person asks, justifies, reasons, qualifies, equivocates....you still need to get the test. Any resistance about it should be a dealbreaker (for both ppl).

I think it almost always matters how a person asks for something.  Respect should matter in every adult relationship.  

Im an employee and would have to do what my boss says either way.  But if they ask me to do something disrespectfully that says something about how they value me as a person.  I imagine it's the same in relationships. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't see anything wrong with Big Ed asking for a STD test. What I DO have a problem with is the way he presented it and his refusal to get one there himself. Why should she trust HIM? 

He was insinuating she was a prostitute, and she knew it.

Ed doesn’t trust Rose because he knows how he lied to her. Rose has more reason to distrust Ed because she knows he lied. He only suspects her. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I'm not at all against mutual testing, my point was more about the, "I love you, let's be a family, take this test because you won't tell me every little thing about your past, and you might be dirty, and no, I won't get tested here", approach.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

I think it almost always matters how a person asks for something.  Respect should matter in every adult relationship.  

Im an employee and would have to do what my boss says either way.  But if they ask me to do something disrespectfully that says something about how they value me as a person.  I imagine it's the same in relationships. 

But STD testing should be a given. No one should have to ask nicely for it. It should just be a matter of saying "looks like sex might happen; let's go."

Workplace norms are different.

45 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

He was insinuating she was a prostitute, and she knew it.

Ed doesn’t trust Rose because he knows how he lied to her. Rose has more reason to distrust Ed because she knows he lied. He only suspects her. 

maybe i misunderstood, did he really think she was a prostitute, or just a wh*re? or maybe a girl who sleeps and has relationships with a lot of visiting foreign men ? ( or all 3?)

I think for a cutesy 23 yr old girl to go for Ed, youd have to be hardened in some way.

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, InternetToughGuy said:

combined with lifting weights and increased bowel activity from protein shakes blasting a gust of disgusting air from atop the drawstrings every time I sit down, this is where you'd block me if this were a dating website.

I've read losing your sense of smell may be an early sign of Coronavirus, so as long as you're still smelling yourself, it's a good thing. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 11:16 PM, Spike said:

Did David have a Bowflex?  I think he wears the oversized polo shirt untucked because he is pear shaped and trying to hide it.

That and he has major man boobs. In addition to his major rug. His boobs are probably bigger than Lana's...in real life.

...did he really bring his own toilet paper to Ukraine? (the answer is yes)

And for the love of all that is holy, WHY, oh WHYYYY do people put their filthy suitcases right up on the bed? That is DISGUSTING. What is wrong with people?

🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

That and he has major man boobs. In addition to his major rug. His boobs are probably bigger than Lana's...in real life.

...did he really bring his own toilet paper to Ukraine? (the answer is yes)

And for the love of all that is holy, WHY, oh WHYYYY do people put their filthy suitcases right up on the bed? That is DISGUSTING. What is wrong with people?

🤮

I loved that the Bowflex was right in tbe entryway!!!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

a friend of mine just served a couple years ago in Benin. told me the funniest thing was, a lot of the people there in the villages are very poor but most have smartphones, facebook, etc

In Haiti cellphones abound because there is little infrastructure.  No postal service, few landlines.   Smart phones are rarer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1