Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Our Lips Are Sealed

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

But STD testing should be a given. No one should have to ask nicely for it. It should just be a matter of saying "looks like sex might happen; let's go."

Workplace norms are different.

I don't think you should treat people disrespectfully at work, at home, or anywhere in between.  I've never been like "whew, I'm finally at home with my loved one and I can let my hair down and be an asshole!"  I'd like to think that human adults should always treat each other with respect or at the very least, strive to do so.  

I also think it's a little presumptuous to assume that an STD test is a given in every culture.  I know it's common here, but I wouldnt assume it's a norm or expectation in any other culture.  

Lisa asked Usman for an STD test so maybe it's common there.  But I wouldn't assume that in every part of the world our norms apply. 

• Love 6

Paul was really serious about the STD thing, he followed through. Ed does seem a bit like the nervous and anxious type, so he might follow through, but he's not at the same level as Paul. I think if Rose just said, "Okay, sure," that might have been enough to satisfy him.

This reminds me how narcissistic and messed up single men over a certain age are. They get burned one time and they never forget it ever. 

• Love 8
On 3/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, Kid said:

I think she is pretty and well spoken. Unlike Lisa who is crass, vulgar, and ignorant.  And not pretty.  But that’s just my opinion, of course.

I think she is gullible.  But, you may be correct. 😂

No, she is NOT well-spoken! 

Where's the pitcher? I seen the pitchers was took down! I was so upset when I seen it missin! you worry about me the same way my dauta do.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Got it, thanks! Well I am in Minnesota and that is pretty close!!

No excuse! I’m from Detroit and my dad was from Windsor, Ontario, and no British spelling for us! (Sorry, copy editor here.)

Edited by judylo
To avoid offense!
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I'm hoping for #2

I am screaming again, laughing!  and every time I hear the name ROSEMARIE I think of PICKLES (Dick Van Dykes friend's wife  BUDDY.. lol it just came to me) on the Dick Van Dyke show.. I know, I'm old.. but omg they were funny and just the name made me laugh so hard.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

I'm not at all against mutual testing, my point was more about the, "I love you, let's be a family, take this test because you won't tell me every little thing about your past, and you might be dirty, and no, I won't get tested here", approach.

IDK if he wanted the test ~because~ she wouldn't disclose her past. She could have talked for days about her past and if he was smart, he'd still want the test. To me, they are separate issues. I personally would like to know something of a person's past before getting engaged AND I'd want the test.

But the fact he feels she is withholding personal info and he still wants to go fwd w/ anything, just highlights how ridiculous he is.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes, yes he is! He’s number one on my list of white baby daddies, along with Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon and Zachary Levi.

You forgot... Bradley Cooper -those blue eyes.. KMN.. and I LOVE YOUR NAME.. I want chips now.. i'm trying to stay off carbs and junk food.. however, I don't have a problem eating the dark chocolate DOVE candies..

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Boston said:

You forgot... Bradley Cooper -those blue eyes.. KMN.. and I LOVE YOUR NAME.. I want chips now.. i'm trying to stay off carbs and junk food.. however, I don't have a problem eating the dark chocolate DOVE candies..

I'm eating anything and everything.  Chocolate, candy, chips, soda.  I don't want to run marathons and exercise and watch what I eat and then get hit by a bus... if you get my drift.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

If you're a woman, the rest of the sentence after "sweatpants" went a bit fuzzy. A rare time I post anything fully truthful, but I've also been wearing the same sweatpants for days - combined with lifting weights and increased bowel activity from protein shakes blasting a gust of disgusting air from atop the drawstrings every time I sit down, this is where you'd block me if this were a dating website.

Thank you for the compliment, I am glad people enjoy the posts.

I am a woman and sorry if it was "fuzzy".. just got my computer stuff back today.. and OMG.. TMI.. I would block you from a dating website.. and TMI.. but hey, you gotta do whatcha gotta do.. I would still be your friend.. so I guess that says something wrong about me.. (I have all brothers so I've seen and heard it all) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm eating anything and everything.  Chocolate, candy, chips, soda.  I don't want to run marathons and exercise and watch what I eat and then get hit by a bus... if you get my drift.

I thought nobody could get any funnier.. When I eat crap I think the same thing.. makes you feel better about yourself.. It is snowing and cold here.. So much for the NO-CARB, NO RED MEAT THING.. I just took steak out of the freezer.. and DON'T JUDGE ME, but I like a little ketchup on the  plate with it.. I KNOW,my family used to be horrified. 

• Love 1
Just now, Boston said:

I thought nobody could get any funnier.. When I eat crap I think the same thing.. makes you feel better about yourself.. It is snowing and cold here.. So much for the NO-CARB, NO RED MEAT THING.. I just took steak out of the freezer.. and DON'T JUDGE ME, but I like a little ketchup on the  plate with it.. I KNOW,my family used to be horrified. 

Anything you like on steak is fair game, in my opinion!!  I'm getting take-out tonight from Applebees.  YAY!!!

Um... what does this have to do with 90 days?  I'd be willing to bet that Ed sees a lot of take-out during the week......     He's such a whiny-ass, I'll bet he doesn't even like food from the Philippines.  What do these guys do if they don't like the food from the countries their fiances come from?  "Hey Rose - can you make a double whopper with cheese and some heart-stopping french fries for dinner?  Thanks, my Queen!"

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, Boston said:

Oh, forgot this.. I THOUGHT NO ONE COULD BE AS DISGUSTING AS ANGELA.. Life gives you comic genious .. LISA.. wow!!  WHAT A MESS.. I think they script this because NO ONE could be as big a bitch as her.. and I still think she looks like HIS GRANDMOTHER (i'm younger than her, but there are no words how awful she looks and is).. end of story.. thanks

I was thinking that the producers sat her down, made her watch every minute of Grangie footage plus every scene that Laura (?) was in and told her that THAT’S what they are looking for but on steroids.

Maybe Baby Hurl Lisa’s contract includes incentives (bonus money for storming out, throwing a lit cigarette at someone [throwing a drink or a cake in someone’s face is so 2019!], oversharing of sexy time details, etc.).

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Boston said:

Lord, how did I forget about him? Let’s go ahead and add Kitt Harrington, Chris Pratt and Chris Hemsworth to the list too. If I keep this up, Big Rd’s gonna demand a test from me.

Thanks @Boston. I got the name from one of my favorite lines from The Golden Child. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
32 minutes ago, judylo said:

No excuse! I’m from Detroit and my dad was from Windsor, Ontario, and no British spelling for us! (Sorry, copy editor here.)

To your honour.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think you should treat people disrespectfully at work, at home, or anywhere in between.  I've never been like "whew, I'm finally at home with my loved one and I can let my hair down and be an asshole!"  I'd like to think that human adults should always treat each other with respect or at the very least, strive to do so.  

I also think it's a little presumptuous to assume that an STD test is a given in every culture.  I know it's common here, but I wouldnt assume it's a norm or expectation in any other culture.  

Lisa asked Usman for an STD test so maybe it's common there.  But I wouldn't assume that in every part of the world our norms apply. 

I don't think he was an asshole about it. Actually, I think he was tip-toeing around purposely to not hurt her feelings. She was the asshole for objecting. All she had to say was "sure. i'll happily get it done when you do."

Cultural or not, if they can't see eye to eye on the need for STD tests, they should just walk away now. HIV and other infections are worldwide problems and ppl in the Philipines know this.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Can an abusive personality be capable of love? 

“Love” is a subjective term. I think an abusive personality can believe s/he is capable of love and that’s all that would really matter to the abuser. “I love you so I have to smack you around when you do ______, just so you’ll be a better spouse.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I don't think he was an asshole about it. Actually, I think he was tip-toeing around purposely to not hurt her feelings. She was the asshole for objecting. All she had to say was "sure. i'll happily get it done when you do."

Cultural or not, if they can't see eye to eye on the need for STD tests, they should just walk away now. HIV and other infections are worldwide problems and ppl in the Philipines know this.

I don't think she really got upset until he refused to take the same test.  She basically said what you said, "I'll get the test when you do" which is when Ed said he "wasn't comfortable" getting the test in the phillipines without even bothering to explain why.  

He laid out his ultimatum which was that she had to get the test and he wouldn't.  Neither Ed, nor I, foresaw that she would stick to her guns.  She is willing to take the test....if he takes the test.  And she didn't make that request in an unreasonable manner at all.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Paul was really serious about the STD thing, he followed through. Ed does seem a bit like the nervous and anxious type, so he might follow through, but he's not at the same level as Paul. I think if Rose just said, "Okay, sure," that might have been enough to satisfy him.

This reminds me how narcissistic and messed up single men over a certain age are. They get burned one time and they never forget it ever. 

The funny thing is that ED cheated on his wife, so I don't see how he has been burned.  Unless he got flaming crotch from a hooker.  

I think Ed would have one hundred percent made her take that test and it's almost worse if he wouldnt because it would kinda mean that he just wants to see how much control he can exert over her and how desperate she is for a green card.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He laid out his ultimatum which was that she had to get the test and he wouldn't.  Neither Ed, nor I, foresaw that she would stick to her guns.  She is willing to take the test....if he takes the test.  And she didn't make that request in an unreasonable manner at all.  

I do not get why they did not talk about this before he came over? All they could do was talk for 3 months? Plus why did Ed not go down to the local clinic and get the test himself in the US and bring the results with him. he could show her he got the test and then go with her to get hers, or she could have had one done right before he came over and had it ready for him and they could have exchanged results. 

If Ed could say I love you and call her son his own before meeting her, he could have asked for the test while chatting. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think she really got upset until he refused to take the same test.  She basically said what you said, "I'll get the test when you do" which is when Ed said he "wasn't comfortable" getting the test in the phillipines without even bothering to explain why.  

No, she burst into tears and cried, "he thinks I'm dirty! He thinks i'm a bad person."

That doesn't sound like someone who rationally understands the need for STD tests. Or someone who wasn't upset until the hypocrisy. 

And I'm willing to agree 100% that Ed was being seriously hypocritical about this. Or maybe it was just a sense of indignation showing bc he had to be the one to bring it up and force the issue. 

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

She DID say ok - she just asked that he get one, too.  But then the idiot keeps on pressing her and pressing her about her past until she was in tears.  People of other cultures don't all feel comfortable regurgitating their past like Americans do.  Some cultures believe the past is left there, and the future is to come.  

Rose lives in a tiny poor village in poverty.  She has a chance to walk around a city and look around and Ed gets hot and tired after a short amount of time and demands they leave and snaps at her.  He decides he wants a pedicure so they go in a shop - and even though CULTURALLY men do NOT get pedicures in her country, and yet Ed insisted.  It must have been very embarrassing for Rose.  To top it off, they go out to dinner - in a restaurant - probably a treat that has not happened often for Rose.  Ed can't just have a pleasant dinner - he has to bring up the STD test and also keep pushing her to share about her past - then he storms off like a 3 year old leaving Rose alone at the table.  I am guessing the TLC camera crew paid for dinner?  Because it's not like Rose has oodles of spending cash!  Not to mention that after not getting to enjoy her day - she doesn't even get a decent meal at the end of it.   Yep - Ed is just a bundle of joy.

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

She DID say ok - she just asked that he get one, too.  But then the idiot keeps on pressing her and pressing her about her past until she was in tears.  People of other cultures don't all feel comfortable regurgitating their past like Americans do.  Some cultures believe the past is left there, and the future is to come.  

Rose lives in a tiny poor village in poverty.  She has a chance to walk around a city and look around and Ed gets hot and tired after a short amount of time and demands they leave and snaps at her.  He decides he wants a pedicure so they go in a shop - and even though CULTURALLY men do NOT get pedicures in her country, and yet Ed insisted.  It must have been very embarrassing for Rose.  To top it off, they go out to dinner - in a restaurant - probably a treat that has not happened often for Rose.  Ed can't just have a pleasant dinner - he has to bring up the STD test and also keep pushing her to share about her past - then he storms off like a 3 year old leaving Rose alone at the table.  I am guessing the TLC camera crew paid for dinner?  Because it's not like Rose has oodles of spending cash!  Not to mention that after not getting to enjoy her day - she doesn't even get a decent meal at the end of it.   Yep - Ed is just a bundle of joy.

All that's true. But the STD talk (and test) really should be non-negotiable. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I’m back on Pepsi.  Oh sooo good.  And watching everything on Netflix & Hulu.  Very unfulfilling tonite.  A million commercials, and not much revealed.  My husband was waiting for the train to come in and was so mad when it didn’t.  We hate Varga and all her inquisitive friends, or should I say the jury?  Why do they all have their friends ask questions?  Husband bought two giant bags of Lays chips, but they were out of dip.  He’s mad.  Lol.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Can I just thank all of you? I’m a physician, I’m still working every day because hospitals aren’t closing, worried all the time that I’m going to bring this virus home to my kids or my parents, but I am so glad this show is still on to give me a break from reality and then I can read all your fun snarky comments when I need a break from covid 

Finally snark can feel patriotic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Can I just thank all of you? I’m a physician, I’m still working every day because hospitals aren’t closing, worried all the time that I’m going to bring this virus home to my kids or my parents, but I am so glad this show is still on to give me a break from reality and then I can read all your fun snarky comments when I need a break from covid 

A million thank yous and all internet blessings to you.  I hope you stay safe.  

In the classic words of Usman, "baby girl, I will pray for you"

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

I will personally be happy to supply you with all of the snark you can handle.  And then some.  

Thank you for all of the wonderful and beautiful things you do!  Snark is the least I can give in return!

1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

’m back on Pepsi.  Oh sooo good.  And watching everything on Netflix & Hulu.  Very unfulfilling tonite.  A million commercials, and not much revealed.  My husband was waiting for the train to come in and was so mad when it didn’t.  We hate Varga and all her inquisitive friends, or should I say the jury?  Why do they all have their friends ask questions?  Husband bought two giant bags of Lays chips, but they were out of dip.  He’s mad.  Lol.

OH LUCKY YOU!!  I can't drink caffeine because it keeps me up all night long.  ALL night long.  ALLLLLLLLL night long.

You can make the most awesome dip out of a 16 oz container of sour cream and one packet of Hidden Valley dip/dressing mix, you know!  I like to add two cans of minced or chopped clams (drained) to the mixture.  SOOOOO good!  Oh now I am wanting some!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And let us not forget: HE LIED TO HER. He told her he was 5' 2" when he was a good three inches shorter. It takes a lot of nerve to lie to someone, then claim doubts about THEIR truthfulness.

It takes even more nerve to lie about something like one's height, which will with 100% certainty be discovered to be a lie.  I'll never understand it.

8 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Exactly.  Children are one of the few things where there is absolutely no way to compromise.  You can't have half a kid.

Unfortunately, people have been known to change their minds.  And that then reflects on the rest of us who wouldn't change our minds.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m back on Pepsi.  Oh sooo good.  And watching everything on Netflix & Hulu.  Very unfulfilling tonite.  A million commercials, and not much revealed.  My husband was waiting for the train to come in and was so mad when it didn’t.  We hate Varga and all her inquisitive friends, or should I say the jury?  Why do they all have their friends ask questions?  Husband bought two giant bags of Lays chips, but they were out of dip.  He’s mad.  Lol.

A coworker has been nagging me to watch Southern Charm so I am watching that.  Repulsive rich people who drink and screw all day with drawls.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

No .. THANK YOU.  For your dedication and bravery.  My son in law, a N.Y.C fireman is sleeping in his basement and won’t go near my daughter and two Sons as there are cases in the firehouses.  He was in Iraq for a year and now this.  Crazy.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

No, she burst into tears and cried, "he thinks I'm dirty! He thinks i'm a bad person."

That doesn't sound like someone who rationally understands the need for STD tests. Or someone who wasn't upset until the hypocrisy. 

And I'm willing to agree 100% that Ed was being seriously hypocritical about this. Or maybe it was just a sense of indignation showing bc he had to be the one to bring it up and force the issue. 

I remember her keeping pretty cool and calm and not crying or making a scene until Ed said he wasn't going to get the test and left her at the table.  

However, I defer to everyone else because I probably won't go back and rewatch the scene.  I thought she was confused about what the test was and in her interview with producers (filmed later, I would think) she said something to the effect that Ed thought she was a slut.  

But at the table, with Ed, I don't remember her being loud or overly upset until he said he wasn't going to take the test. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

A coworker has been nagging me to watch Southern Charm so I am watching that.  Repulsive rich people who drink and screw all day with drawls.

My son has been nagging me to watch Parks and Recreation.  So far I have resisted, to his annoyance.  As far as I know, there are no rich repulsive screwing drinkers on the show who drawl.  (Are you liking the show despite it all?)

• Love 1
Just now, Kyanight said:

My son has been nagging me to watch Parks and Recreation.  So far I have resisted, to his annoyance.  As far as I know, there are no rich repulsive screwing drinkers on the show who drawl.  (Are you liking the show despite it all?)

I have never watched a Bravo reality show but so far it has been going down smoothly.  Charleston is a fascinating city and they have spinoffs in Savannah and New Orleans.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Watch from the beginning .. it’s good.  Hardly anyone works, except Cameron.  The scenery of the houses is great.  Old Southern mansions.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

I remember her keeping pretty cool and calm and not crying or making a scene until Ed said he wasn't going to get the test and left her at the table.  

However, I defer to everyone else because I probably won't go back and rewatch the scene.  I thought she was confused about what the test was and in her interview with producers (filmed later, I would think) she said something to the effect that Ed thought she was a slut.  

But at the table, with Ed, I don't remember her being loud or overly upset until he said he wasn't going to take the test. 

I think she did. And I think he does. But he's rationalizing that if she passes his various tests, he might be wrong.

Such a toxic couple - no trust, no respect, nothing in common.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I am screaming again, laughing!  and every time I hear the name ROSEMARIE I think of PICKLES (Dick Van Dykes friend's wife  BUDDY.. lol it just came to me) on the Dick Van Dyke show.. I know, I'm old.. but omg they were funny and just the name made me laugh so hard.

During the first episode, I wrote that I can’t not hear the Dick Van Dyke Show theme song when she was introduced. Remember the song?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

We are collectively taking our hats off to you. May God bless you and your family and keep you safe. 

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Thank you, FurBabyMama!  Stay safe!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, BallisticNikki said:

I think she did. And I think he does. But he's rationalizing that if she passes his various tests, he might be wrong.

I agree.  An STD test tells you nothing except that said person has an STD.  Talking extensively about your past doesn't mean you do or don't have the disease.  

Cookie Johnson could have easily contracted HIV, Arthur Ashe had AIDS.  There are infected women who didn't know their husbands were on the down low and various forms of that narrative play out.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

I agree.  An STD test tells you nothing except that said person has an STD.  Talking extensively about your past doesn't mean you do or don't have the disease.  

And people can certainly lie about their past.  Rose could have said there was only Prince's father and he died in a car accident while she was pregnant and there have been no other men since then.   Truth?  Not truth?  How would Ed even know?  And would he believe her no matter what she says?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Kyanight said:

And people can certainly lie about their past.  Rose could have said there was only Prince's father and he died in a car accident while she was pregnant and there have been no other men since then.   Truth?  Not truth?  How would Ed even know?  And would he believe her no matter what she says?

This is true because he is super fucking pressed over those 4000 fb friends.  He talks about it a lot.  I've never even checked how many FB friends a guy has.  Maybe I need to.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I will personally be happy to supply you with all of the snark you can handle.  And then some.  

Thank you for all of the wonderful and beautiful things you do!  Snark is the least I can give in return!

OH LUCKY YOU!!  I can't drink caffeine because it keeps me up all night long.  ALL night long.  ALLLLLLLLL night long.

You can make the most awesome dip out of a 16 oz container of sour cream and one packet of Hidden Valley dip/dressing mix, you know!  I like to add two cans of minced or chopped clams (drained) to the mixture.  SOOOOO good!  Oh now I am wanting some!

Thanks for the tip.  Actually, I have both in the house.  Yum. 😋

18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is true because he is super fucking pressed over those 4000 fb friends.  He talks about it a lot.  I've never even checked how many FB friends a guy has.  Maybe I need to.  

Is anyone under 50 on FB anymore?

12 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Ask not if your country can snark for you, ask if you can snark for your country.

Hey I was reading that JFK and Ash may share an eye condition!  And Manson.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Boston said:

First of all.. people I hope you stay well.. Isn't it funny when you are home and have nowhere to go and it's fine.. but when someone tells you you HAVE to stay home, you go crazy..lol

Sadly, except for work, I've discovered that my life has not changed a ton.  I guess I'm antisocial.  Who knew?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Sadly, except for work, I've discovered that my life has not changed a ton.  I guess I'm antisocial.  Who knew?

Yes I have been practicing social distancing my whole life.

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

I have the opposite problem and it's driving me crazy! I'm an outdoorsy person and was really looking forward to breaking in some new gear I bought a few months ago! We can still hike, walk, and run outside for the time being (but who knows how long before that ends too?), and my setup is ideal for remote work, but staying home all the time is getting to me. I'm using it to force myself to work on the garden and some house projects until we can go out and see people again.

• Love 1