Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Our Lips Are Sealed

• Start Topic

Just now, Mary Godfrey said:

I loathe Ed. He's distrustful and possessive. He wants a young, hot piece of ass but he offers nothing.

Come to the live chat. We have rice a roni.

• LOL 9
On 3/20/2020 at 10:18 PM, RealReality said:

I called it last week that Avery was going to panty drop the first night.  She talks a big game, but is all talk

Lol, Avery is so edgy....if this was 1952.

I was hoping she’d stick to her plan of no sex the first night, and not make it so easy for Ash. Damn girl, let him chase a little bit.  Something about Ash bugs me - not just the bug 👀 eyes . When i was a teen , my Nana had a saying “why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free” haha  Another season of weirdos 

• Love 10
On 3/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, iwasish said:

Who did she dump her kid on while she’s getting to know Ed? 
He may not believe her 100% but he’s closer to getting some ass than he has been in all these years, he can always wrap it and get himself checked by a doctor when he returns. 

Does Ed think Rose was a hooker?  I wouldn’t trust a test there either.  I don’t trust either one.

Edited by Silver Bells
On 3/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Lisa with the "bibbyluv" shit!  Shut up you idiot!  lol...haha the director laughed out loud when he met her!  

David is just beyond lame and pathetic.  How can anyone go around just telling that ridiculous story about his Ukrainian "girlfriend." And what's with the giant-sized polo shirts?  

Yolanda is still on he hook!

i feel he is hiding a body like what's his face, Coltee

• Love 2

Erika seems nice. I don't see anything wrong with how she dresses. How is she supposed to dress then? I hope it works out when she tells her parents. They seem nice together. There isn't a bunch of drama. 

Ed doesn't seem nice. She clearly doesn't like talking about her past. What does he want to even know? 

Varya still seems terrible. They don't get along and it's very obvious she's just trying to use him. Why would you stop working on your apartment after dating someone for a few months? Does she expect to get married in less than a year? They're terrible together. All she's doing is lying to him and trying to guilt him into staying. Her friends seem to weirdly enjoy all the drama.

Avery and Ash probably won't work out. They seem terrible together too.

Lisa and Usman are the worst together. Actors do romance scenes/movies with people they're not married to all the time. And musicians do love songs with other people all the time. It's part of their job. Some cheat, but they probably would anyway and it's not always with a costar anyway. 

Most of these people are very unlikable. Probably over half.

• Love 8

Avery and Ash's "waking up" segment is so wierd. they snuggle in bed shirtless together, get out of bed, and both immediately walk to the kitchen and bizarrely begin what looks like a cooking segment highligjting fruits and vegetables

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

Erika seems nice. I don't see anything wrong with how she dresses. How is she supposed to dress then?

Well obvi she's not 100% straight because she dresses in such bright colours and fun prints. Flamboyant = gay. Straight people only wear black, grey, taupe, and white. If she wants to fool her parents, she shouldn't dress like she does.

Or something like that. I was more interested in where I could find that candy heart print dress. (Full disclosure, also bi so there might be something to that theory after all.)

Edited by Callaphera
added more info
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3

i just started this season last week....i really don't understand the hate for geoffry.  He seems ok to me .  granted i just started watching it last week.  I don't like his gf, don't remember her name.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, Kid said:

So tell me. If Rose lives in such abject poverty, how does she have a computer and 4000 friends on Facebook?   Maybe if she spent her time more constructively to better her life, she would not need a green card and a sugar daddy.

So Ed, the germ-a-fobe gets a pedicure in Manila and has no idea how well the instruments are sterilized.  Also, he doesn’t believe an answer she gives him.  So how can you want to be engaged to someone that you have no trust in AT ALL.  

Where does casting get these people?

a friend of mine who travelled to a remote part of Ghana told me that no matter how poor people are, they all have smartphone with social media

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, jaybird2 said:

i just started this season last week....i really don't understand the hate for geoffry.  He seems ok to me .  granted i just started watching it last week.  I don't like his gf, don't remember her name.

The answers are mostly in the couples spoiler thread.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

well, to start he is in his 40s and wears a backwards cap, screams " im trying to pass off as younger so college aged chicks would like me"

Edited by Lily247
  • LOL 16
2 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

well, to start (and this is not at all looking into his criminal rap sheet), he is in his 40s and wears a backwards cap, screams " im trying to pass off as younger so college aged chicks would like me"

I didn't know his age but they all are trying to past themselves off as something they aren't even  the women.  

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

The answers are mostly in the couples spoiler thread.  

thanks, i'll check it out

• Love 2
On 3/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, Spike said:

Everyone has their types.  To me Usman is more attractive as well, but I bet if we took a poll more people would pick Williams.  But I am not attracted to Brad Pitt, George Clooney, or Tom Cruise (now or when they were younger), although I understand why many find them attractive.  I'm not attracted to too many celebrities (maybe because they're unattainable so what's the point) but I see people I find attractive when I'm out and about all the time.  They tend to be guys who have no idea they are attractive lol. 

George Clooney is life.  That is all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Lisa and Usman - how long will he put up with Baby Girl Visa? She has zero knowledge of and understanding of the music business. Not as bad as Yoko Ono, but she is rude, controlling, jealous and nasty. Does she really think Usman loves her? Or maybe he does, in his own way.  If she had a bit of polish and shut up, she might be okay. A flattering hairstyle, some nice clothes, decent shoes and a handbag. You don't have to be a model. Just someone who makes some effort in her appearance. Usman's friends sure have no qualms about calling her out.

David and Lana - here goes nothing. Have a nice trip to the Ukraine. I can see not buying a real diamond because you will have to declare it for customs. He hasn't spoken to her, has no idea what she sounds like, and has paid a lot of money for a video smile? He could have bought a nice 5th wheel and gone travelling. He would have been 53 or so when they 'met'? And her 20? I don't think so.

Yolanda and Williams - more dragging this along. I would be very suspicious of the dude and him deleting his account. And the name of Williams, which is a surname, and it's okay when Mulder and Scully called each other by their surnames. Everyone is telling you that you are probably being scammed. Listen to them.

Erika and Stephanie - kinda a dull storyline. Erika has nice colorful hair. How she affords it is interesting. Living with the parents brings a lot of spending money. Erika seems more flamboyant than Stephanie and they may just fizzle out as a nice fling. Why they couldn't meet in Hawaii is beyond me.

Avery and Ash - Avery, Ash is a relationship coach. He knows all the right things to say. He knows what your issues are. An easy mark or sorts. Be on your guard. Why didn't you let him chase you for a few days so you are worth the wait. Too premature. The eyes still bug me. His brother does not have to like her. Having a glass of wine with dinner is a good start and not just ordering a martini - some people do not like those drinks and you should read the room a bit better.

Geoffrey and Varya - Geoffrey has a short fuse. Already wondering if Varya is just using him to get to the US. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Doubt that you two are each other's true loves - you get an exotic girlfriend and she may get a slightly better life in the US. What she does with her home is her business. She may not have thousands of rubles at her disposal to spend on fixing up the place in full right now. Might be one thing after the next. Her friends were rather distrustful - but you are a stranger, you are American, you appear a bit secretive, and they are looking out for Varya. So what if she talked to another American man? You are not exclusive and she is not your property. If you do decide to become exclusive and make this a serious relationship, then things will change. She can see whoever she likes, talk to whoever she likes, etc. Not one person can meet all your needs. That is a big full time job.

Ed and Rosemarie - Ed, you are coming across as a bit ugly. Rose sees you as holding a lot of cards in the 'relationship'/'transaction'. Yes, the STD test talk is important but there are better ways to go about it. You offended her. Her past isn't your business unless she chooses to talk about it - all you need to know is if the baby's father is in his life. You are not 'dating', you have been chatting online for 3 months, you have sent gifts that you haven't seen and that she hasn't mentioned. You want the control over a nice, young, pretty girl who will worship you. She won't. She snapped back at you and rightly so. She is 23 years old and can easily meet probably a nicer American man. Don't see what sort of life partner she will make except as a sort of indentured servant to you. You are paying for a nicer home for her to live in and she will earn it.

• Love 19

I just don’t get why Rose was so insulted about the test. It’s smart and prudent. Why not say, ok, that’s a good idea. We both should be tested, so we both feel comfortable. But, that’s probably expecting too much from her at her maturity level.  I feel for the girl, so I can’t be upset with her. Ed makes no sense saying that he just needs her to open up about her past. BS...that in no way tells you who does or does not have a STD. People don’t know, unless tested. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Erika does have colorful hair.

At the risk of getting flamed with a blow torch - my son (gay) hated her pants and thought the big rainbow earrings were a bit much, like she's trying to prove too hard she is gay.

I liked her earrings.  Pants - meh.  Not so much.  But I think she's cute and fun.

I think they are kind of mismatched, though.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Well obvi she's not 100% straight because she dresses in such bright colours and fun prints. Flamboyant = gay. Straight people only wear black, grey, taupe, and white. If she wants to fool her parents, she shouldn't dress like she does.

Or something like that. I was more interested in where I could find that candy heart print dress. (Full disclosure, also bi so there might be something to that theory after all.)

My point was more about all the rainbows.  When an adult female wears that many rainbows, and she's not a teacher, it isn't a huge stretch that she might be somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum.  Not everybody all the time, I'm just saying it most likely won't be the surprise to her parents that she thinks it is.

• Love 4

Antish (sp?) was slightly douchy, but he has valid points.  And I think Avery handled herself very well.  Ash was scared though.  Especially when Avery said the ex wife wouldn't be an issue and Antish's eyes went all Ash.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Eme said:

So Avery MUST have a mixed drink, not even wine, the very first time she meets his brother?  She can’t wait until they are alone?  She deserved every bit of his distain.

This Avery is just like last Avery..... attention starved and desperately trying to be edgy.  

But last Avery was like 20, and gets a pass.  This Avery is in her 30s....so there was really no excuse.  

This Avery remains a basic ass bitch who would be edgy and hip if this were 1922.  Same with the bi-girls.  Marijuana, bisexuality, and women drinking liquor are all mainstream now ladies.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
26 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

My point was more about all the rainbows.  When an adult female wears that many rainbows, and she's not a teacher, it isn't a huge stretch that she might be somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum.  Not everybody all the time, I'm just saying it most likely won't be the surprise to her parents that she thinks it is.

Not really? I mean, someone could just like rainbows or have a childhood attachment to Rainbow Brite. The majority of people who wear rainbows aren't necessarily not heterosexual. Erika just seems like a colourful person. 

I'm not comfortable with the idea that because someone wears something, we can intuit their sexual orientation. It's clothing. Sometimes a cigar pair of earrings is just a cigar pair of earrings. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Varya's friends were pros at poking the bear! "Did you tell him you had an online relationship with another American before?" hahahahah Varya demured to translate that whopper at first, but Geoffrey made her do it and she couldn't lie as fast as Usman and his friend "Queen of Queens, it's a compliment!" - she had to tell him. After he walked away, all hot, shewas crying but at least she got a glimpse of his violent temper.

Ed, Geoffrey and David are all so repulsive. I like Usman, but then you have repulsive Lisa.  The Americans on this season are giving us a very bad rap, lol.   I can't figure Avery out.  Maybe she and Ash deserve each other.

• Love 8
Just now, Callaphera said:

Not really? I mean, someone could just like rainbows or have a childhood attachment to Rainbow Brite. The majority of people who wear rainbows aren't necessarily not heterosexual. Erika just seems like a colourful person. 

I'm not comfortable with the idea that because someone wears something, we can intuit their sexual orientation. It's clothing. Sometimes a cigar pair of earrings is just a cigar pair of earrings. 

Again, not everybody, but I'll stand by my statement.  We can feel differently and both be right.  Oh, I also want to be clear that as long as everyone is a consenting adult, I don't care who wants to touch bathing suit areas with any one else.

P.S.  Sometimes earrings are just earrings, but if you go to the lengths Erika does in a small rural town, you're usually making a greater statement.

• Love 9

Geoffrey was really a jerk to Varya's friends. But they were asking him some inappropriate questions. I don't see what the big deal is about Varya talking to other American's. He knows she is mostly interested in coming to America, and for some reason wants to keep getting upset about it.

All these relationships seem doomed. I have a feeling David and Yolanda will never meet their person, and it's a little annoying that they are stringing us along. (the viewer)This show shouldn't be about people who are cat fished, IMO. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

She was literally dressed like a rainbow from head to toe at one point. I think that's where her being obviously some for of lesbian jokes are coming. Obviously you can dress in a lot of colors and be straight. She just seems to be doing a very big LOOK AT ME about it all.

A lot of these people that seem to be thinking they are fooling their family about their sexual orientation also seem to be wrong about fooling a lot of times on reality shows.

There was one funny version of this. There was a MTV where all the major participants were coming out. One of them made a big deal about it. Having a cake made saying I'm gay on it everything. Every single person there was like, yeah we know.

Related to this I'm seriously burned out with these reality castings of people in the closet with their family but are on a TV show for all to see thing. It's not really interesting me. Most younger people seem to be some form of queer these days anyway. On TV at the very least. 

5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don’t understand why Avery was so offended that Antish didn’t want her staying in the apartment he shares with Ash. Doesn’t she want privacy?

I'm sure it's because she thinks he doesn't want her there because he doesn't like her which is her concern. Not privacy.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Big Ed has a bit of the Asuelu slut people thinking.  Rose could have slept with 1 person and gotten an STD, or slept with 100 and be clean.  Numbers don't equal poor health.  And why is the local test fine for her, but not him?  Blood is blood.

He didn’t say it but I suspect it’s because he doesn’t trust the clinics there to use clean needles. In which case, why are you making Rose do it?  He never should have demanded she do that unless he was willing to get tested himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
On 3/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, Kid said:

“The song that has been WROTE for me.”  😂😂

It was also sang for her too...

Yolanda is a moron.

Ed is repugnant. 

Ash is creepy.

David has the maturity of a 13 year old fat boy

Rainbow Bright is annoying AF

Geoffrey is a massive douche asshole

And yet I’m watching...fuck you Covid-19, for making me lower all my TV standards and force me to watch Idol and this schlock  one night. It have indigestion from the giant shit sandwich I just watched...

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

Have you noticed how, whenever Usman introduces Lisa to someone, Lisa stares in Usman’s face instead of looking at the person she’s being introduced to? It’s very annoying.

The fact that she is so quick to get jealous shows just how insecure she is, either about her age, her looks, or that Usman may be using her. He seems, though, to have some genuine feelings for her.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

a friend of mine who travelled to a remote part of Ghana told me that no matter how poor people are, they all have smartphone with social media

In the Peace Corps we actually hooked people up with phones and internet connections. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5