Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I've found the same result.  Ibuprofen works much better than opiates with tooth pain.

My dentist says lots of research shows that a Tylenol/Advil combo works better than opiates for dental pain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

I saw a chick at Walmart yesterday wearing head to toe trash bags over her clothes. We are resourceful ‘round here.

I am sick to death of women in my Facebook sewing group talking about the masks they're making despite the advice that a cotton fabric mask will do nothing against this kind of virus!  I've unfollowed them all.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, aliya said:

Good evening, Pounders!  My eating habit is 2 sugar free jellos and a bowl of my 'ramen' soup - a bag of Asian veg, some chicken, and 1/4 pack of ramen. I make my own broth so it's lower in sodium. I added a little Thai peanut sauce, 'cause we're ground 0 for corona here in Iowa, I can't go anywhere, so I might as well eat what I want.

Stay safe, Aliya! I'm in an outbreak zone here in Sacramento County. Not sick, but I'm keeping my ass inside for 12 days cuz I'm old, lol. 

• Love 6

Wait til he gets to the hydrocodone!!!

Ok, addicted to nicotine, food, drugs and sticking her fingers down her throat.  I have a feeling she’s addicted to sex too.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 1

643 month 1.

Candy, sodas, COPD, High Blood Pressure, and Hydrocodone, this woman is committing suicide in so many ways, plus heart attack.  

100 lbs goal for two months.   Dr Now is going to faint when he sees her complete medical records add up to more weight than Coliesa does. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

My dentist says lots of research shows that a Tylenol/Advil combo works better than opiates for dental pain.

My husband had dental surgery today. The Tylenol/Advil combo is exactly what his dentist told him to take for pain.

• Love 4

Happy birthday, String Theory!

17 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Happy Birthday!  I know of one store in my area that still had toilet paper on Sunday.  WOnder if they will still have it at the end of the week when I go to replenish milk and produce...

Wegmans on Monday had only single rolls of their store brand TP and they were limit one per customer. Maybe 50 or fewer rolls.

She smokes, too!? Jesus, woman!

(How does she have 100% blockage of an artery and is still alive?)

Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

643 month 1.

Candy, sodas, COPD, High Blood Pressure, and Hydrocodone, this woman is committing suicide in so many ways.  

Don't forget the smoking.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Same here - had a tooth pulled (getting an implant eventually) I did fine on Ibuprofen.  Norco did nothing but made me feel sick.

I wish I had gotten mine pulled!  Mine isn't healing very fast and I'm really worried that something is wrong by the endo refuses to see me until the 31st.  Even my regular dentist thinks there's a problem, but he won't budge.  I'm on a steroid and Advil right now.

Anyway...Dr. Now says the nicotine patch may be worse for her than smoking.  I can practically see her thinking "so I can keep smoking?"  

Tonight’s winners of the guess the pounditicipant’s weight are <drum roll>. @Splashes and @String Theory .  We're sharing the prize because the winner depends on actiual rate versus the low rounding.  Way to go team! Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!

You’ve won an extra study puke/poop/pee bucket, extra powder for your folds, a simultaneously tiny and round dog, a crate of frozen cream pies, enough pain meds to get you from Louisiana to Houston, a fetching matching slipper and shirt ensemble, and lipstick that makes you look like you’re trying to swallow your lips and/or died last year but forgot to lie down.  And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
Just now, peaceknit said:

Stay safe, Aliya! I'm in an outbreak zone here in Sacramento County. Not sick, but I'm keeping my ass inside for 12 days cuz I'm old, lol. 

I'm in Massachusetts, everything is shut down. Its getting alarming. I'm working from home.  I work at MIT, they're closing the campus. Even the labs are closing. Scary.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

100% blockage and it's nothing and she smokes (smacking my head on the wall)

Yikes, I'm surprised she's still walking around.  Dr. Now's seems to doubt that she's just wasting his time.

OOOH  love the baseball bat analogy!  Go Dr. Now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Sorry but how is the patch as bad as smoking? My husband used it to quit and hasn't had a cigarette in over 10 years

It's a direct hit of nicotine going into your system and isn't recommended for anyone with heart disease, etc. etc., IANAD but I quit smoking a year and a half ago and read all the warnings. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

My husband had dental surgery today. The Tylenol/Advil combo is exactly what his dentist told him to take for pain.

My husband had hernia surgery last year. Doc gave him 3 days worth of pain meds and said to switch over to ibuprofen as fast as possible because it helps with the inflammation. He only took the hydro for 24 hours

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Sorry but how is the patch as bad as smoking? My husband used it to quit and hasn't had a cigarette in over 10 years

You shouldn't smoke if you have a patch on though. 

1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

That Gieco commercial with the "Wild Thing" song makes me laugh so hard. 

I love that commercial. I've been known to rewind it and watch it again. That tailor cracks my shit up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Azubah said:

I did that though I think it a Tylenol and aspirin combo.  I looked up the dosages, found it is a real thing and it worked great.  Hydrocodone never did anything for me.

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

It's a direct hit of nicotine going into your system and isn't recommended for anyone with heart disease, etc. etc., IANAD but I quit smoking a year and a half ago and read all the warnings. 

Ahhh gotcha thanks! Of course she twisted her ankle, Whitney Thore over here.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

So now she is immobile????  She doesn’t look like she has an injured ankle. This woman is going to aversion to moving. 

Sorry, I don’t believe she sticking to the diet.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 4

Nicotine patches are bad for the heart as it constricts blood vessels, specially the ones she has left that are patent. So she's screwed either way. 

Maybe it's only a 6 month episode due to some bad outcome.

• Love 3
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

I had open heart surgery a little more than a year ago. I refused any opioid pain killers, despite the Dr. and nurses recommending them. Best decision ever. Made me feel so much better. At. first they gave them to me and I felt so sick from them so I was  pissed when I found out what it was they were giving to me. 

• Love 3