Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: The Takedown

• Start Topic

That was just what I needed after this shitastic week!   I LOVE THE JUDY’S!  And a heist!  So many one liners.  All the story lines were firing on all cylinders and I laughed out loud SO much!   I need to watch that episode again!!!

• Love 13

Just when I thought Jake had finally outsmarted Doug Judy, it turns out Doug was pulling the strings once again! I'll echo everyone's sentiments that this was just what we needed this week.

Poor Terry, always underappreciated.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Just when I thought Jake had finally outsmarted Doug Judy, it turns out Doug was pulling the strings once again! I'll echo everyone's sentiments that this was just what we needed this week.

Poor Terry, always underappreciated.

Don’t you mean “Ter-ry.”  No ones name is real.  🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Tidbit of trivia, the exterior shot of their Miami hotel was of the Grand Wailea in Maui. 

I liked the Doug Judy plot, but I thought the Terry/Rosa/Holt plot was kind of dumb. Holt just left all of his personal items in his office after his demotion? If something like the card was that important, he should have taken it with him. Especially something that drove him to be a better cop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Oh, that was just what I needed this week. I was actually anxious that Doug Judy was playing Jake, and he totally was, but for such a good reason. Might have shrieked with joy at the best man mug at the end. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Ah, the annual Doug Judy episode (or what I imagine his Boyle's least favorite episodes each season!), complete with a return from Trudy as well!  I always love how much Jake and Doug turn into such dorks around each other, and how real their friendship is, even though both of them are so different in a lot of ways (to put it mildly.)  I do hope that Jake eventually gets a "win" here, but I did like that all of the twists was because Doug actually wanted Jake to be his real best man.  Aww!  Best friendship between a cop and criminal ever!

The other plots were mainly by the numbers, but had their moments still.  Kind of surprised that Holt's return as Captain was without much fanfare, but I loved poor Terry trying to find a way to reclaim and then replace the card he accidentally threw out.  And, of course, Rosa would find a way to make herself look good in Holt's eyes.  Those two really know each other well!

Wish we got more of Amy and Boyle interacting in their plot, since I feel like that pair never gets as many opportunities as others.

I guess Jake and Amy are holding off on the pregnancy reveal to the rest of the squad?

I guess it's official: O-Town is one of the hardest boy bands!

• Love 8

I'm gonna need to hear Jake's best man speech in full, show. Make it happen!

Having just watched the Sherlock episode "The Sign of Three," I have a few ideas . . . 

• Love 2

I have completely lost track of Doug Judy's story. He has escaped justice repeatedly, is he no longer a wanted criminal? How is he out and about? To be honest I'm kind of over him at this point. Trudy Judy still cracks me up though.

My favorite line was Rosa saying about the correct-angle-of-Cheddar "It's a five-degree difference! YOU'D BETTER FIGURE IT OUT." 

And then Holt walks in and immediately says "Oh, little Cheddar is askew." LOL.

Time to rewatch the whole show again to see if the card has always been there.

It is not. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Little Cheddar is five degrees off! Holt will know for sure! 

Doug Judy! With a special appearance by Trudy Judy, now out of jail and really into butts! I knew that there would be some kind of twist with the whole story, I was worried that Doug would end up betraying Jake or something, but it was actually the best kind of twist ever! I should have known that Doug Judy would never NOT want Jake to be at his wedding! Look at Doug Judy, using his powers for good. I am gonna need to see that wedding now though, AND that best man speech. 

Boyle is going to need to hear about that baby to lighten the blow of finding out that Jake is going to be best man at someone elses wedding. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 16

I LOVED this.  I love the evolution of Doug and Jake's weird friendship over the seasons.  I swear I was grinning like a loon at the end where they were doing the MC Skat Kat rap. 

My favorite of the Rosa/Terry/Holt subplot was Rosa's shotgun fast judgement of how the various gum smidges on the cards were wrong:  too pink, too wet, too small, too chewed, too fresh, all wrong.... LOL.

The Amy/Hitchcock/Scully wasn't anything memorable except for the charm H&S brought to the plot.

Sigh.  I love this show... 

I just got word that instead of having to work remote until April 3rd, I now have to work from home until at least May 25th.   And, in the words of my boss, I must be sure to  "make sure to maintain a good work-life balance"  (as she was asking me for tips of things to binge since I turned her on to 'You' and 'Love Is Blind.'). I plan to suggest this show to her next and go back re-watch from the start myself. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

My favorite part was Doug telling the ASMR performer not to yell.

I loved Jake's performance as an ASMR performer. 

Like others, I was worried that Doug was tricking Jake again for criminal reasons. I'm so glad that wasn't the case. 

• Love 11

I loved that early in the episode, Doug Judy was working on Jake's 'best man' mug right in front of him, but Jake didn't know it!

So glad Trudy Judy got her butts! She used to be into horses, but hey, horses have butts...

• Love 5
16 hours ago, arachne said:

I hope I'm wrong about it, but I predict the season will end with Amy going into labor at Doug's wedding. This show is too good for a move like that. 

I think you're entirely wrong.  Not only is this show, in your own words, "too good" for that, but it doesn't make sense with the timeline.  They are in March now, say, and will end in May at the latest.  Amy's quick and all, but even she can't bake a Peraltiago in 2 months.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

And if I ever go on a dating site again, I kinda want to use "Cheddar'sSlightlyAskew" as my username.

If I saw someone with that name on a dating site, my first impression is that they have money issues.

30 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Amy's quick and all, but even she can't bake a Peraltiago in 2 months.

The show has already played fast and loose with time. Hey, they squeezed six months into one episode.

• Love 1

My favorite part was Doug telling the ASMR performer not to yell.

Yes, I forgot about Jake doing ASMR. The mouth noises grossed me out.

Can someone refresh my memory about why Doug Judy is no longer a wanted criminal? Did he do time and now he's free? I've lost track.

2 hours ago, arachne said:

The show has already played fast and loose with time. Hey, they squeezed six months into one episode.

What I replied to, however, was talking about her giving birth at the Doug Judy wedding.  Which almost has to be soon, since Jake just went to the bachelor party.  It doesn't make any sense.

I found this episode delightful. The Jake/Doug friendship is just so weirdly sweet. I don't even mind that Judy got one over on Peralta again, because it was done so that Jake could be at the wedding and also be best man. Aw!

Even though Rosa continues to bug me with her ability to come out on top in every situation, her "It's a 5% difference; figure it out!" line made me LOL. 

• Love 5

If anything goes wrong, fly the plane upside down. I also learned that from Denzel Washington's movie, Flight. 🙄

Cops always be coppin'.

Zeff and Zudy.

Horses have butts!

I'm not a big fan of Doug Judy but this was a fun episode.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I actually had a childhood friend named Zeff. He had a twin brother and he's a big time doctor now; so sorry Holt, but it's a real name. 

The Doug Judy episodes are my favorite. They bring out the best in Peralta.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 9:19 PM, Linny said:

Assuming we get to see the wedding, that is. It would honestly be cruel to deprive us of that experience, because as awesome as this episode was, now I'm gonna need to hear Jake's best man speech in full, show. Make it happen!

This would be awesome. I hope it happens because it would be fantastic. Doug and Jake get each other's references and have similar taste in pop culture. This is why the relationship works so well. Watching the two of them geek out and come up with ideas for TV shows and/or movies is great once or twice a season. 

• Love 4
On 3/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, iMonrey said:

I have completely lost track of Doug Judy's story. He has escaped justice repeatedly, is he no longer a wanted criminal? How is he out and about? To be honest I'm kind of over him at this point. Trudy Judy still cracks me up though.

Me too. The last one I remember was a 48 hours thing where Doug left Jake on a boat and escaped. I think there was one after that but I can't remember. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

If I saw someone with that name on a dating site, my first impression is that they have money issues.

Ah, but if someone on a dating site sees that and gets the reference, you know you're already found someone you have something in common with.

• Love 6

Whenever I think about Doug Judy, I can't help but think the writers wanted to name him Don. As in Don Judy, a reference from Lost In Space. The relationship between him and Jake is always hysterical because they're supposed to be natural enemies due to their backgrounds, yet they behave like besties. Kinda like a negative print of Batman and the Joker.

I admit, when Charles started talking about octopus balls and eel balls and clam balls, I had assumed he was talking about testicles. Because his palate is soooo out there. The funniest moment from B99, IMHO, was when Charles lamely backtracked when Rosa exposed his plans of serving animal genitalia at hers and Adrian's planned wedding reception (hint: it's funnier when you watch it stoned!).

Great to see Holt back as precinct captain. Although that chewed gum on the business card is kinda gross.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

I admit, when Charles started talking about octopus balls and eel balls and clam balls, I had assumed he was talking about testicles.

I thought he was! I did wonder how one would find the balls on those creatures.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I liked the Doug Judy plot just fine but the Holt/Terry and Amy/Vending Machine plots seemed out of sync with the show's timeline. There wasn't any reference to Amy being pregnant and for Holt to come back as captain without any sort of recognition seemed wrong and completely out of character for the show.

I think I was so hung up on how strange those two plots were for me that I couldn't really get into the Bachelor Party plot.

I will say I don't like Nailed It, but I love Nicole Byer in everything else I've seen her in, this show, The Good Place, and The Unicorn. Also, I highly recommend The Unicorn. Like B99, It's a comedy that has characters that are realistic and doesn't resort to mean-spirited humor.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:33 PM, iMonrey said:

Can someone refresh my memory about why Doug Judy is no longer a wanted criminal? Did he do time and now he's free? I've lost track.

Jake offered him a deal that meant they'd overlook his past offences (several hundred!) if Judy helped bring down some master criminal. Holt was not amused, but stood by the deal. It was assumed that he would be committing more crimes after that, but I don't think he's been convicted of anything (yet).

• Useful 1