Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Jackie and Jennifer's feud reaches new heights, while Melissa questions the health of Teresa's marriage. The husbands shake up the set with shocking and hilarious details about all the wives' sex lives. Backstage, Danielle makes a surprising demand.

Airdate 03.11.2020

Is this a 3 part reunion?  If so, we aren't going to see Danielle drama until the end of the episode right?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Airdate 03.11.2020

Is this a 3 part reunion?  If so, we aren't going to see Danielle drama until the end of the episode right?

It is three parts. I'll be shocked if Danielle isn't saved for 8:30 next week. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Teresa did NOT say she was mad at Caroline Manzo for saying the reason Caroline didn’t have her back was because the other people never did anything to her.  That is Teresa’s favorite excuse for not sticking up for her friends.  I can’t believe no one called her on that.

• Love 22

Teresa is full of shit about having a child at damn near fifty. And freezing her eggs?!  Bitch please. Those eggs shriveled up a long time ago and if she still has one rattling around in there it’s definitely not fresh. 

That being said I did understand Jennifer’s point that if you get married to someone new you may want to start a new family with them.

I'm also not mad at Jen for putting Joe on blast about his three sperms. The more you talk about something, it just comes across as insecure and Melissa seems repulsed by him. Bill was the only one with any shred of class on that stage. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Teresa is full of shit about having a child at damn near fifty. And freezing her eggs?!  Bitch please. Those eggs shriveled up a long time ago and if she still has one rattling around in there it’s definitely not fresh. 

That being said I did understand Jennifer’s point that if you get married to someone new you may want to start a new family with them.

I'm also not mad at Jen for putting Joe on blast about his three sperms. The more you talk about something, it just comes across as insecure and Melissa seems repulsed by him. Bill was the only one with any shred of class on that stage. 

I think Bill did great too...and not defending Joe Gorga, who acts like a Neanderthal most of the time, but sperm count has absolutely nothing to do with virility 

Funny thing, though...i'd bet money that neither Jennifer nor Joe knows that 😂

Edited by Pixilicious
Correcting a typo
  • Love 12

STFU Jenn.  Even Andy was getting really annoyed with her.

Loved when Jenn said to Jackie(?) to shut the fuck up and Mel says "Oh, you don't like it" in a certain tone.  I think most of us wanted to applaud.

So Jen gives her husband bj's in the bathroom?  I don't think so.  She doesn't like taking the flack about her sex life.

I think she looked like a fool about saying that it was ok that Tre would like a boy and have one with a new husband but Mel couldn't because she already has three kids.  And Mel's response was that so it would be ok to have another child with a new man.  It's all bs anyway but Jen is so far up Tre's ass.

I'm glad Jen got asked about her hypocrisy about bullying.

I guess Jen's over the top birthday parties is about her not getting over the top birthdays when she was growing up.  Sorry Jen.  You said during the season that the over the top birthdays for your kids were about impressing people.

• Love 22

OMG, the look on Melissa’s face when Andy asked Teresa to “talk about the SuperBowl commercial with Caroline.”  If looks could kill!  I’m just mad that Melissa’s name came up between Teresa and Caroline.  She’s not that important.  

Teresa was strangely measured and coherent (for Teresa), especially compared to last season’s reunion.  I’ll have the Xanax cocktail she’s having.  Andy’s softballs were really helping though.  He’s so biased and disgusting with the lecherous grin about how she should be getting her pipes cleaned on Miami Beach because her husband’s in jail.  She has kids, and at the time, Teresa and Joe were still “together.”  Andy has no shame when it comes to lasciviousness.  No wonder he gets along with Bethenny Frankel.  His face completely fell when he found out the majority of the women don’t care about oral sex.  Why judge it?  

I believe both scenarios are highly unlikely, but I could see Teresa having another kid before I could see it with Melissa.  There’s not a nurturing bone in Melissa’s body.  

Why were Joe and Evan applauding about Frank dating a 30 year old?  What is redeeming about that?  Color me not particularly impressed with Evan in looks (his face is kind of squished) or demeanor.  I didn’t think the comment about oral sex and a low-sodium diet was well-placed, nor did I think he should have commented on whether he’s gotten “offers” from other women to give him BJ’s.  I’m not looking to condemn the guy, but when Frank comes off looking better than you...

I’m so glad Joe got called out on pulling out Danielle’s sex tape and the low sperm count.  He was a good sport about it though, I hate to say.  Bill Aydin is a class act.  

I don’t know what possesses Andy to make these reunions so sexual.  He really asked them to pick which other person they’d fuck in the group?  How is that a good idea?  He did the same thing with Married to Medicine recently.  Why would he think we’re that interested in their sex lives?   No one has ever said anything thought-provoking about sex on any of these shows, no matter how much they talk about it.  It’s all basically about counting the times, what your freak level is, and who you could get it on with if you had a “hall pass”.  Ho-hum.  So pedestrian.  

If they’re really going to talk about sex, if we’re really going to go there, why don’t we just fully go there?  Does anyone feel comfortable sharing whether they’ve ever cried during sex?  What do you enjoy most about sex with your husband?  How has your sex life changed since you got married?  And let that grow organically into a conversation.  It’s a little too TMI for me, but at least it would be interesting.  Andy makes it so salacious that it’s not just uncomfortable, it’s redundant and immature.  And it’s boring, which is a cardinal sin for reality TV.  

Jackie, you can zip it with your “platforms.”  It’s not ironic, Jennifer, but it is hypocritical that Jackie is holding Jen’s feet to the fire for a video that Teresa posted.  Jennifer is so right that everyone tiptoes around Teresa when they’re mad at her, Melissa maybe being the only exception from time to time.  But let’s be real, Dolores and Melissa both put on their kid gloves when it comes to dealing with Teresa.  Margaret just grovels at her feet.  And Jackie’s MO is to throw stones and then kiss ass in SAT words.

Jennifer had Melissa pegged with the “this motherfucker is winning” and Jackie giving the jazz hands in excitement and approval.  That was not a high point of the season.  It was about as crass as anything Jennifer’s done.  

I thought Jennifer’s explanation about not having extravagant parties when she grew up was an honest moment, and she was right that Margaret was the first one who talked to Jackie about Jackie’s sons’ birthday party, which put did put Jennifer on the defensive.  Did she handle it great?  No, but these are all facts, and I feel like they get brushed under the carpet because Jennifer is brash.  

So Jackie put the Good Housewife stamp of approval on extravagant parties, as long as there is a balance.  Word up. Put that in your next passive-aggressive article, Jackie.  And don’t forget to couch it in Carrie Bradshaw terms:  “I couldn’t help but wonder—is it ok to fly your kids to see the Nuggets as long as you keep them from eating nuggets?”  🤫 Jennifer was an insufferable bitch this time, but Jackie is coming off more and more like a boring, insufferable bitch.  

OMG, Melissa and the faux Puerto Rican accent—“you don’t like it when ya can’t get ya sentences out” was the worst thing that’s happened in a long time.  And I’ve seen Danielle’s skin in broad daylight.  

Dolores FTW this round in what was an otherwise very boring and poorly constructed part two.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Pixilicious said:

not defending Joe Gorga, who acts like a Neanderthal most of the time, but sperm count has absolutely nothing to do with virility 

No you’re right but I just think it’s funny someone who talks about his masculinity as much as Joe does has literally three spent when your supposed to have like a million or whatever. Random fact but I was actually a patient at the fertility clinic they went to and it’s amazing. I got my little miracle baby because of them!

• Love 19

Jennifer continues to interrupt, be obnoxious and generally behave like an asshole. Must be Wednesday! Seriously though, it would be exhausting to have to be around her IRL. She probably sucks all the air out of the room. 

I swear I’m not a prude. But did we really need to devote 20 minutes to discussing everyone’s sex lives?  I think not. 

The more I look at Teresa’s dress and hair jewelry, the more I hate them. 

• Love 16

Is there some kind of watch list for people who stiff fertility clinics because they didn't get their son once but want to freeze eggs? Cause last I checked, Teresa's ass would be on that list. I know she's not going to do it anyway but I think a clinic should have the right to refuse or force the money up front given that history.

I thought Teresa was about to get mad when Melissa was saying Teresa could have done better than Joe and everyone started to badmouth him. 

I had a feeling Evan had frat boy tendencies. The idea that Jackie could be peer pressured into a BJ isn't any better than Jen's "you can suck a bottle but you can't suck a dick." Actually at least Jen's was kind of quippy. Of course him and Joe love Frank dating someone who is 30. His daughter is in Vet school so she's probably at least 22? GROSS! And Joe said he didn't want Antonia to learn about sex until her 30s? GTFO, assholes. 

Next week Marge expresses anger at Teresa? Finally! 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

And don’t forget to couch it in Carrie Bradshaw terms:  “I couldn’t help but wonder—is it ok to fly your kids to see the Nuggets as long as you keep them from eating nuggets?”  🤫 Jennifer was an insufferable bitch this time, but Jackie is coming off more and more like a boring, insufferable bitch.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Did Jennifer flap her gums a lot?  Yes. Thankfully yes!   What would we have otherwise.  The three seated to Andy's left are as dull as dishwater.  At least she Jen kept things lively.  

About the video Teresa posted of Jen imitating Jackie.  From what I recall it wasn't much more than a reenactment of what Jacke had said at the reunion, imitating her actual style. It wasn't realloy mocking or much of a caricature.  Jackie had been saying what she did in an effort to belittle Teresa on national TV.  I don't buy into the cyber bullying description of what happened.

Here's what I would like to see happen next season. Ditch Jackie.  Demote Marge to "friend of".  Bring back the Manzos.  Then watch Dolores try to walk the tightrope between Caroline and Teresa who will have Jennifer firmly in her camp.  Melissa and Joe can't go back to being outright against Teresa like they were when they first came on without looking like total shits so they'll be on a tightrope of their own.  That could be a fun season.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I mean, I've always thought that the Jersey part of the franchise is a little low rent compared to some of the others but damn, they really went into the gutter when the men came out tonight. 

I still say this reunion would be dull as shit if it wasn't for Jennifer but I also hope that poor Dolores has a jumbo sized bottle of Excedrin Migraine in her dressing room. 

• Love 5

Am I the only one who thought Teresa has crush on Evan? 

Jennifer is just an awful person. I can not like a housewife but understand why some like her. Jennifer there is no there, there. ...she sucks.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Jen needs to calm down. She’s working overtime for that spot and is looking super desperate because of it. It’s to much 

I yelled at my TV that someone needed to bring Jennifer a big ole' drink, because she was acting soooo thirsty tonight!!  

Seriously, though - I said it last week - Jennifer is desperate to be the new "Head Housewife", aka "HBIC".  With her supposedly "witty repartee", quick comebacks* and talking over everyone, she is like a low-rent, brokedown version of Bethenny Frankel.  Only thing is, I don't think that Andy likes Jennnifer much, so he's not really having it.  

*Disclaimer - I don't like Jennifer, but her comment to Joe Gorga something like "you're shooting blanks while my husband is fully loaded" did give me a giggle.  It was probably the best line of the reunion thus far.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

I will say, it was nice to see Teresa crushing a bit on Jackie’s husband, considering how nasty she was to her at last year’s Reunion.  Evan was a little crass tonight, though.  Ew.  I agree that  Bill Aydin is by far the classiest of the husbands.  How does he put up with that constantly trash-talking wife?

still no Danielle?  IT was hilarious to see her coming in with an entourage.  Very season 2 of her.

• Love 10

I didn't notice this last week, but does anyone else think that Jackie looks like a life sized version of an Emmy or Oscar statuette?  She had so much gold/shimmer blended into her spray tan. 

Not a good look!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Maybe the other side of the couch came off 'dull' was because Jen wouldn't shut up and let any of them finish a sentence.

They'd still be dull, regardless.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

No you’re right but I just think it’s funny someone who talks about his masculinity as much as Joe does has literally three spent when your supposed to have like a million or whatever. Random fact but I was actually a patient at the fertility clinic they went to and it’s amazing. I got my little miracle baby because of them!

That's great that you got your baby! Congratulations! ☺

• Love 10

I actually kind of enjoyed this season.  I can't stand Jen and I'm sorry there is no justification for her behavior.  I do like her husband.

Jackie looked really great at the reunion and her husband is a cutie.  I'm not sure why she is on the show as she doesn't appear to need it at all.

I don't hate Theresa as I think she's actually a decent parent, but God she is so dumb.  She went from defending every bad act committed by Danielle to now doing the same with Jen.  I do find it funny that she always justifies things with, "she never did anything to me", but when others don't have her back in petty conflicts, she cuts them off for life.

Jen may have some good points, but she is such an asshole that it all gets lost in her delivery and it doesn't make her own behavior any more acceptable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

OMG, the look on Melissa’s face when Andy asked Teresa to “talk about the SuperBowl commercial with Caroline.”  If looks could kill!  I’m just mad that Melissa’s name came up between Teresa and Caroline.  She’s not that important.  

Teresa was strangely measured and coherent (for Teresa), especially compared to last season’s reunion.  I’ll have the Xanax cocktail she’s having.  Andy’s softballs were really helping though.  He’s so biased and disgusting with the lecherous grin about how she should be getting her pipes cleaned on Miami Beach because her husband’s in jail.  She has kids, and at the time, Teresa and Joe were still “together.”  Andy has no shame when it comes to lasciviousness.  No wonder he gets along with Bethenny Frankel.  His face completely fell when he found out the majority of the women don’t care about oral sex.  Why judge it?  

I believe both scenarios are highly unlikely, but I could see Teresa having another kid before I could see it with Melissa.  There’s not a nurturing bone in Melissa’s body.  

Why were Joe and Evan applauding about Frank dating a 30 year old?  What is redeeming about that?  Color me not particularly impressed with Evan in looks (his face is kind of squished) or demeanor.  I didn’t think the comment about oral sex and a low-sodium diet was well-placed, nor did I think he should have commented on whether he’s gotten “offers” from other women to give him BJ’s.  I’m not looking to condemn the guy, but when Frank comes off looking better than you...

I’m so glad Joe got called out on pulling out Danielle’s sex tape and the low sperm count.  He was a good sport about it though, I hate to say.  Bill Aydin is a class act.  

I don’t know what possesses Andy to make these reunions so sexual.  He really asked them to pick which other person they’d fuck in the group?  How is that a good idea?  He did the same thing with Married to Medicine recently.  Why would he think we’re that interested in their sex lives?   No one has ever said anything thought-provoking about sex on any of these shows, no matter how much they talk about it.  It’s all basically about counting the times, what your freak level is, and who you could get it on with if you had a “hall pass”.  Ho-hum.  So pedestrian.  

If they’re really going to talk about sex, if we’re really going to go there, why don’t we just fully go there?  Does anyone feel comfortable sharing whether they’ve ever cried during sex?  What do you enjoy most about sex with your husband?  How has your sex life changed since you got married?  And let that grow organically into a conversation.  It’s a little too TMI for me, but at least it would be interesting.  Andy makes it so salacious that it’s not just uncomfortable, it’s redundant and immature.  And it’s boring, which is a cardinal sin for reality TV.  

Jackie, you can zip it with your “platforms.”  It’s not ironic, Jennifer, but it is hypocritical that Jackie is holding Jen’s feet to the fire for a video that Teresa posted.  Jennifer is so right that everyone tiptoes around Teresa when they’re mad at her, Melissa maybe being the only exception from time to time.  But let’s be real, Dolores and Melissa both put on their kid gloves when it comes to dealing with Teresa.  Margaret just grovels at her feet.  And Jackie’s MO is to throw stones and then kiss ass in SAT words.

Jennifer had Melissa pegged with the “this motherfucker is winning” and Jackie giving the jazz hands in excitement and approval.  That was not a high point of the season.  It was about as crass as anything Jennifer’s done.  

I thought Jennifer’s explanation about not having extravagant parties when she grew up was an honest moment, and she was right that Margaret was the first one who talked to Jackie about Jackie’s sons’ birthday party, which put did put Jennifer on the defensive.  Did she handle it great?  No, but these are all facts, and I feel like they get brushed under the carpet because Jennifer is brash.  

So Jackie put the Good Housewife stamp of approval on extravagant parties, as long as there is a balance.  Word up. Put that in your next passive-aggressive article, Jackie.  And don’t forget to couch it in Carrie Bradshaw terms:  “I couldn’t help but wonder—is it ok to fly your kids to see the Nuggets as long as you keep them from eating nuggets?”  🤫 Jennifer was an insufferable bitch this time, but Jackie is coming off more and more like a boring, insufferable bitch.  

OMG, Melissa and the faux Puerto Rican accent—“you don’t like it when ya can’t get ya sentences out” was the worst thing that’s happened in a long time.  And I’ve seen Danielle’s skin in broad daylight.  

Dolores FTW this round in what was an otherwise very boring and poorly constructed part two.  

All I can say is if Bill Aydin is a class act then why is he married to trashy Jennifer?

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, kicksave said:

All I can say is if Bill Aydin is a class act then why is he married to trashy Jennifer?

A shared culture probably plays into it to a large extent.  They might have very similar values, such as family, even if they express them in different ways.  She was quite striking when they had their first kid, as @bichonblitz was kind enough to post in last week’s thread.  He probably wanted a woman who would raise a family and cook for him and treat him well.  She’s funny and bright.  She supported him through medical school.  I don’t see her getting jealous.  She probably makes his life easy.  She’s apparently faithful.  Tons of reasons.

Maybe there were familial expectations too.  Last season there was talk of arranged marriage within Jennifer’s family, although I don’t believe it to be the case with Jennifer and Bill.  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with “arranged marriage” for the record either.  It’s not, as the stereotype that Margaret perpetuated, a mail order bride thing, or necessarily something where the bride and groom meet each other at the altar for the first time.  

For instance, in The Big Sick, which was semi-autobiographical (and a pretty good movie), the male protagonist’s Pakistani parents had an arranged marriage, but they dated.  They went on several group dates to the movies before realizing there was an attraction, and decided they wanted to be together, and a lot of The Big Sick’s plot revolves around the main character’s mom trying to set him up with an assortment of Pakistani women, and the couple is always encouraged to date and see if there’s chemistry.  This happens in the Orthodox Jewish community too, although they might not call it arranged marriage.  

I agree with, and believe in, an extended family helping a young woman or man meet a mate.  In all likelihood, the families know of and approve of each other, which means that there’s a very diminished possibility that the guys someone dates will drop them off on their front lawn drunk (it happened to me and I didn’t think it was such a big deal at the time, but I’d be mortified if I had a daughter and it happened to her).  I also think it makes women less desperate.  If she has a college boyfriend who is not treating her well, she may not be so glued to the phone if she knows in the back of her mind that mom or dad have 15-20 guys waiting if this one falls through.

So, all this to say that Bill and Jen might have been set up by family and they realized they have an attraction, which is what gets the thing going, and values, which preserve them as a couple for life.  

Is she trashy?  I guess.  She looks trashy with her overly lined lips and she often sounds very trashy.  The fact that she’s on this show is pretty trashy.  But I don’t think she’s trash.  I think essentially what makes someone trash is if they are regularly and repeatedly unkind, and I haven’t really seen that in Jennifer.  I think falling in love with the contractor and breaking your vows, the consequences of which are still reverberating through broken relationships with former step-children, is much trashier, and I’m not prepared to write off Margaret as trash, so I’m definitely not going to say it about Jennifer going by what we’ve seen (not that anyone called anyone “trash”; I’m just making an observation).  

And just cause Dr Bill is a class act compared to these other guys?  He’s still a little trashy himself if he appeared on this show, so the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.  He probably didn’t get laid a lot.  He probably likes that his wife is sexy.  I dunno.  People are weird.  On season two of RHNYC, Bethenny went on a date with a man who didn’t say curse words, but found it sexy if a woman cursed.  Paging Dr. Freud on that one...🤔 anyway, I can only theorize on what makes people get married, but I can see a lot of common ground for this couple in particular, even if their levels of relative trashiness are quite pronounced.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

A shared culture probably plays into it to a large extent.  They might have very similar values, such as family, even if they express them in different ways.  She was quite striking when they had their first kid, as @bichonblitz was kind enough to post in last week’s thread.  He probably wanted a woman who would raise a family and cook for him and treat him well.  She’s funny and bright.  She supported him through medical school.  I don’t see her getting jealous.  She probably makes his life easy.  She’s apparently faithful.  Tons of reasons.

Maybe there were familial expectations too.  Last season there was talk of arranged marriage within Jennifer’s family, although I don’t believe it to be the case with Jennifer and Bill.  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with “arranged marriage” for the record either.  It’s not, as the stereotype that Margaret perpetuated, a mail order bride thing, or necessarily something where the bride and groom meet each other at the altar for the first time.  

For instance, in The Big Sick, which was semi-autobiographical (and a pretty good movie), the male protagonist’s Pakistani parents had an arranged marriage, but they dated.  They went on several group dates to the movies before realizing there was an attraction, and decided they wanted to be together, and a lot of The Big Sick’s plot revolves around the main character’s mom trying to set him up with an assortment of Pakistani women, and the couple is always encouraged to date and see if there’s chemistry.  This happens in the Orthodox Jewish community too, although they might not call it arranged marriage.  

I agree with, and believe in, an extended family helping a young woman or man meet a mate.  In all likelihood, the families know of and approve of each other, which means that there’s a very diminished possibility that the guys someone dates will drop them off on their front lawn drunk (it happened to me and I didn’t think it was such a big deal at the time, but I’d be mortified if I had a daughter and it happened to her).  I also think it makes women less desperate.  If she has a college boyfriend who is not treating her well, she may not be so glued to the phone if she knows in the back of her mind that mom or dad have 15-20 guys waiting if this one falls through.

So, all this to say that Bill and Jen might have been set up by family and they realized they have an attraction, which is what gets the thing going, and values, which preserve them as a couple for life.  

Is she trashy?  I guess.  She looks trashy with her overly lined lips and she often sounds very trashy.  The fact that she’s on this show is pretty trashy.  But I don’t think she’s trash.  I think essentially what makes someone trash is if they are regularly and repeatedly unkind, and I haven’t really seen that in Jennifer.  I think falling in love with the contractor and breaking your vows, the consequences of which are still reverberating through broken relationships with former step-children, is much trashier, and I’m not prepared to write off Margaret as trash, so I’m definitely not going to say it about Jennifer going by what we’ve seen (not that anyone called anyone “trash”; I’m just making an observation).  

And just cause Dr Bill is a class act compared to these other guys?  He’s still a little trashy himself if he appeared on this show, so the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.  He probably didn’t get laid a lot.  He probably likes that his wife is sexy.  I dunno.  People are weird.  On season two of RHNYC, Bethenny went on a date with a man who didn’t say curse words, but found it sexy if a woman cursed.  Paging Dr. Freud on that one...🤔 anyway, I can only theorize on what makes people get married, but I can see a lot of common ground for this couple in particular, even if their levels of relative trashiness are quite pronounced.  

🤦‍♀️

• Love 4

If you look back at Jennifer from last season's reunion you see a totally different person...what's changed? She's combative, shit stirring, bad mouthing just about everyone except Teresa and interrupting everyone, talking over them and saying really inflammatory things, even for this show. She's unlikable, obnoxious and nasty. Great role modeling for her daughters.

I found all the oral sex talk and braggadocio about how many times every couple has sex in a week to be pathetic. Is this really how this show is going to go now? Andy telling Teresa to get "her pipes cleaned" was disgusting. She's the mother of four young daughters...have some dignity for crying out loud. This franchise is totally in the gutter now...just low class trashy garbage. Put a fork in it.

Finally...Teresa is a shitty sister in-law and even worse friend. She expects everyone, especially Melissa to stand up for her and support her no matter what but gives zero fucks about them when they are under attack. Just sits there with her crappy Jersey dress and cheap head jewelry acting like some sort of diva. Enough...tired of her and her family...just go away and tend to your "businesses".

• Love 18

Happy almost everyone is in a good place w/ Jackie. She is a good woman and has the restraint in her parenting to limit the excess in her kids lives. Jackie is correct not wasting thousands on a birthday party. Her focus is on the children not impressing adults. Not many of the other women can relate especially Teresa, Melissa and Jen. 

Jackie doesn’t have a diva vibe about her and I am enjoying that about her. She is not the most exciting housewife but I do like her and the balance she brings to the group. 

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Did Dr. Bill give himself cheek implants?

You bring up a good question....it was shocking to hear him say he did all the work on Jennifer and does work on other family members. This is an unwritten no no for any doctor  but especially a surgeon. My dad was a physician and never diagnosed or treated our family himself. He sent us to a colleague or someone highly recommended to him by another physician. Bill even said doing the surgery on Jennifer was stressful...duh! That’s why it is considered verboten for physicians to do so...the stress of treating or doing surgery on a loved one can result in mistakes or worse. Where the hell did this guy go to medical school anyway? The same place Delores’s daughter is going for veterinary medicine?

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

She is a good woman and has the restraint in her parenting to limit the excess in her kids lives

Um, I see this a bit differentlhy. 

Hey kids, it's your birthday, so we'll invite guests to a party in your honor and not worry about accommodating anyone but you.  Hospitality and hosting be damned!  What, they'll expect treat bags?  I'll order some crap from Amazon and fling it on the driveway for them to grab on their way out.  

You guys like the Nuggets?  We'll fly there to see them play, get courtside seats and stay at the Four Seasons...because you like the Nuggets!   

Yeah, that's some "...restraint in her parenting to limit the excess in her kids lives." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Um, I see this a bit differentlhy. 

Hey kids, it's your birthday, so we'll invite guests to a party in your honor and not worry about accommodating anyone but you.  Hospitality and hosting be damned!  What, they'll expect treat bags?  I'll order some crap from Amazon and fling it on the driveway for them to grab on their way out.  

You guys like the Nuggets?  We'll fly there to see them play, get courtside seats and stay at the Four Seasons...because you like the Nuggets!   

Yeah, that's some "...restraint in her parenting to limit the excess in her kids lives." 

Yes. We see things differently. She does awesome things for her kids but doesn’t brag about it or bend over backwards to get it televised because she has couth. Big difference. And, her birthday parties are perfectly “normal”.  Have a nice night😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I’ve been watching and two things are bugging me. The first is that Jennifer never shuts up. She interjects, interrupts and goes on ad nauseum. The second is that for the host of this show, why can’t Andy either wear decent shoes or polish the ones he’s wearing? They look crappy. That’s all I’ve got. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Yes. We see things differently. She does awesome things for her kids but doesn’t brag about it or bend over backwards to get it televised because she has couth. Big difference. And, her birthday parties are perfectly “normal”.  Have a nice night😀

I agree. I think she definitely could have taken the goodie bag items out of the box, but I don’t see the big deal that she didn’t. It’s a birthday party that they won’t remember in 10 years. I don’t remember if or what my gift bags were at my past birthday parties and certainly don’t remember from someone else’s party. I was the kid who was just happy to get candy and free stuff. Hell, I’m the 25 year old who’s just happy to get candy and free stuff lol.

• Love 9

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with “arranged marriage” for the record either.

An arranged marriage is basically a blind date that never ends.

She's combative, shit stirring, bad mouthing just about everyone except Teresa and interrupting everyone, talking over them and saying really inflammatory things, even for this show. She's unlikable, obnoxious and nasty.

So she's doing what every HW is trying to do, keep her spot on the show for next year. I mean, it isn't a having another baby storyline, but to each their own...

Jackie doesn’t have a diva vibe about her and I am enjoying that about her. She is not the most exciting housewife but I do like her and the balance she brings to the group.

She has become a *bit* more likeable once she stopped gunning for Teresa the way she did last season.

Lol yup.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I agree. I think she definitely could have taken the goodie bag items out of the box, but I don’t see the big deal that she didn’t. It’s a birthday party that they won’t remember in 10 years. I don’t remember if or what my gift bags were at my past birthday parties and certainly don’t remember from someone else’s party. I was the kid who was just happy to get candy and free stuff. Hell, I’m the 25 year old who’s just happy to get candy and free stuff lol.

The kids had fun and that is what it’s about. Jackie wasn’t catering to Jen and her high society expectations and I love that. Jackie has a lot more going on then Jen. Jackie doesn’t get validation of her success from throwing lavish children birthday parties.

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

The kids had fun and that is what it’s about. Jackie wasn’t catering to Jen and her high society expectations and I love that. Jackie has a lot more going on then Jen. Jackie doesn’t get validation of her success from throwing lavish children birthday parties.

Did the kids have fun though?  Jennifer’s daughter didn’t seem happy at all.  Her other kid (I can’t remember if it was one boy or two) had to be cajoled into participating, so I’m not sure how much fun he had either.  

I think the key to being a gracious host—whether it’s a wedding, a birthday party, or something in between—is to make all of your guests feel comfortable.  I’m an adult, and if I’m invited to something, I would expect to be treated like a guest and offered adult options, even if the guest of honor is a kid.  Even when I started going to Sweet Sixteens as a sophomore in high school, I paid attention to which ones had open bars for the adults, and which parents chintzed out (only one fell into the latter category).

And the last time I attended a Sweet Sixteen for the daughter of a secretary at my job and I was 22?  All of us adults were damn happy with the open bar.  It’s not relevant that the 16 year old child who was being celebrated coulldn’t imbibe.  It’s about putting on a party and making guests comfortable.  (And this was a normal couple, not wealthy like Jackie).  But they made people happy and comfortable their priority, because they were good people.  It has nothing to do with being lavish.

I don’t like that Jennifer is making this her hill to die on, and she’s not making her points well, but I think Jackie went out of her way to be understated in order to cultivate an image when it would have cost only a few hundred dollars and very little time and thought to make all of her guests welcome at her home.  It wouldn’t have had to come from her kids’ tuition funds either.  She could have skipped a Botox treatment to pay for it.  I am completely convinced that Jackie chose this scene, this birthday party, to show us all how humble and lighthearted she is.  If her sons were also happy playing basketball in her front yard in the sun, great, but I think that was a happy accident at best.  

I think Jennifer would do better to ratchet down the rhetoric about how great her parties are, because it takes the focus off the evidence pointing toward the idea that Jackie’s behavior was just as self-serving—she put on a party so that people would form positive opinions about her, which is the same reason that they all throw parties.  She just went about it a different way.  

• Love 7