Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Seana's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Seana is 23 and nearly 700 pounds, living at her mom's house, depressed and anxious, her weight gain threatening to take her last breath.  Dr. Now can give her the tools she needs to live, but until she chooses life, no one can save Seana but Seana.

Such a deep, meaningful assessment from the TLC.  Will Seana do what she needs to do?  How is mom worsening the situation?  Let's watch, snark and see!

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and West Coast showings.

Original air date 2020.02.26

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Hi all! 

Tonight's eating habit: well, the plan was whole wheat thin spaghetti, meatball, marinara, freshly-grated Parmesan. But then my mom asked if I wanted to meet her for dinner and since she spent all day waiting around a hospital [see below] to go home to an empty house (well, the cat's there but who knows if she'll be in the mood to keep her company), I couldn't say no. So we had pizza with peppers and onions. Irish Cream Brownie ice cream for dessert.

Today's excitement: My dad got a new hip! All went well, according to my mom. They got him up in the afternoon and he was able to do a bit of a sideways shuffle with the walker; he'll start physical therapy tomorrow. Barring unforseen circumstances, he'll come home Friday afternoon.

700 pounds at 23 (actually 22, apparently). Yikes. The description was so dramatic. So full of existential angst. I can't wait to see if the episode lives up to the hype. Or if she can walk as much as my 80-year-old dad with his freshly-installed hip.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 20

All the fast food scenes are going to kill me tonight: our cat injured himself somehow so we took him to the vet, found out that he was running a fever on top of hobbling around on three legs, and cost us enough that ordering pizza (my stress meal) is out of the picture because I can't stomach a $5 laziness tax delivery charge but I just walked a 15 pound cat back and forth to the vet in a duffel bag carrier so there's no way I'm going anyway and I already took off my pants and bra. Wait, this isn't my blog?

*deep breath*

Hi, guys. How y'all doin' what brings you here don't mind the Arby's across the road we have the meats. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
Just now, Chicklet said:

Ok my fingers are limbered up after staying home from work today. Hope it's a good one. And oh my I ate birthday cake today. And only once piece but since it was my birthday I think I deserved it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKLET!

• Love 8

I discovered that my local Target has Cheesecake Factory cheese cakes, so I was naughty.     

Wow, her calves are purple.     That's not a good situation    Another poundticipant with multiple facial, and ear piercings.   

The only one who is stopping her from having fun, and partying, is her, not anyone else.   I bet she'll be another one that thinks surgery will be instantly approved, and be the magic bullet. 

I guess this was filmed before Pizza Hut had the pizza with the mozzarella poppers added to the outer crust?  

So her mom is named Cricket?   

And Seana was never small, and that heavy by 8 years old.  

Any guesses how many days the 12 hour trip to Houston will take?  I'm saying four days.   200 by 10?   400 by high school?   

So the idiot mother thought the father wouldn't abuse his daughter, because he only saw her during the summers?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hi all! 

Tonight's eating habit: well, the plan was whole wheat thin spaghetti, meatball, marinara, freshly-grated Parmesan. But then my mom asked if I wanted to meet her for dinner and since she spent all day waiting around a hospital [see below] to go home to an empty house (well, the cat's there but who knows if she'll be in the mood to keep her company), I couldn't say no. So we had pizza with peppers and onions. Irish Cream Brownie ice cream for dessert.

Today's excitement: My dad got a new hip! All went well, according to my mom. They got him up in the afternoon and he was able to do a bit of a sideways shuffle with the walker; he'll start physical therapy tomorrow. Barring unforseen circumstances, he'll come home Friday afternoon.

700 pounds at 23. Yikes. The description was so dramatic. So full of existential angst. I can't wait to see if the episode lives up to the hype. Or if she can walk as much as my 80-year-old dad with his freshly-installed hip.

Hope things go well with your Dad!  Mine came home with a new knee last week--all going well.  

• Love 3