Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: New Wife, New Life

• Start Topic

I think we’re all giving the show too much credit . Mindy looks so checked out and I guarantee she would be zooming out of that marriage if it weren’t for the contract making her stay . 

im so confused with Derek . He seemed so into Katie on the honeymoon but he seems to be back tracking . 

• Love 14

Derek needs to dump Katie on D-Day. She is drawn to her former flame, and there's no denying it. 

Moreover, she is acting like she was forced onto this show and into this marriage, so she has shown herself to be a total emotional fraud towards Derek.

Eat cake and have it, too. Not possible, Katie old girl. 

• Love 17

Chinless tryina sit there and make Derrick jealous by unconvincingly confessing another man desires her. Uh huh. Must have a freckle fetish... Yeah Katie let’s get MARRIED while hung up on a former dick appointment. JFC. She’s a 3 AT BEST. She should thank her stars Derrick is even acting interested at this point. I dont like that girl. Not one bit. 

Michael is a crybaby liar. Has his balls dropped yet? Did he skip puberty? What is with his high voice like he eats a lot of dairy? 

Throw Brandon away. Taylor looks traumatized like she has PTSD. 

Zack doesn’t want to try. End of. He resents Mindy for putting him on blast and no coming back from that.

Big nose and slick hair Dapper Dan man seem cute. Good on them  

This season is a wash. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Dang, but Jessica and Austin have great teeth! I think Austin is this season's Ricky Bobby! 

No -Ricky Bobby earned more than his wife who was debt laden.   He was very very neat & clean and cooked for her.   I don't see Austin doing any of that or buying her a new home with new furniture, etc. etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

No -Ricky Bobby earned more than his wife who was debt laden.   He was very very neat & clean and cooked for her.   I don't see Austin doing any of that or buying her a new home with new furniture, etc. etc.

I was thinking strictly of love and attraction, not habits or money.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Chinless tryina sit there and make Derrick jealous by unconvincingly confessing another man desires her. Uh huh. Must have a freckle fetish... Yeah Katie let’s get MARRIED while hung up on a former dick appointment. JFC. She’s a 3 AT BEST. She should thank her stars Derrick is even acting interested at this point. I dont like that girl. Not one bit. 

This had me cracking up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Went to college and saw plenty of guys’ dorms...never once without sheets or pillow cases. Now I’m asking myself if I really had the full college experience?

Yeah, that's not really a thing. That also involves lazy college people. How that equates to a grown ass adult I do not know.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Brandon just brought Taylor flowers. Is he drunk? He seems drunk. Also fuck these flowers.

and he just happened to walk in with a camera crew and Cal there!! Hmmm.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Anyone notice they focused on Mindy putting soap in the shower?  They are really focused on her showering habits!  

I liked Meka and Michael more this episode.  I think they may have a chance.  Sometimes the couples with the slow start are the ones that last.  She needs to move on though from the airplane conversation.  Just agree to disagree and move on.

Brandon is just horrible. I agree he is on drugs or is an alcoholic.   I wanted to punch him when he walked in with the flowers.  I wish she had thrown them at him.  He thinks he is so smooth but he is just awkward and awful.  

Derek has really backed off since the honeymoon.   It’s like when people have an awesome 2nd date and then it just fizzles on the 3rd date when they really start getting to know each other.  He is coming across really dorky to me now and I think she feels the same.  And she just thinks she is way hotter than she actually is.  She’s not unattractive, but she’s just very average in personality and looks.  

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I still say Bobby was the best catch this shows ever had . His wife lucked out in the arranged marriage department . 

Bobby really deserved someone that appreciated him more. He just wanted to be married.  Danielle and AJ are the luckiest people ever on this show.

This season is awful. It is giving me a headache.

• Love 20

Pastor Cal is full of it. I don't understand why he is so surprise to hear Zach isn't attracted to Mindy.  During the matching process, he pointedly asked the other two "experts" if they really thought that Zach would be attracted to Mindy.  Had he stated his objections much stronger, Mindy most likely would have been matched with a better partner.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 19

I don’t think Zach is just not physically attracted to Mindy . I think he thinks she’s annoying too. He should’ve never signed up for this show . He has put zero effort into anything and he made up his mind about her when she walked down the isle . If you’re not open minded , this show isn’t for you . I don’t blame Zack for not being attracted to her and for knowing that he won’t be able to move past that . Frankly , I wouldn’t be attracted to her either . But I also would never agree to be on a show like this . I personally need to actually know my husbands name and what he looks like before I marry him . Call me old fashioned .  This is the exact situation Kate and Luke were in , except luke had even deeper issues . 

Cal makes it seem like if they want an out , they have it . Come on , we all know there’s a contract forcing them to stay together for 8 weeks . 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Right now I'm sick of all these couples except Jessica and Austin.  The rest of them are just too exhausting and depressing to watch.

You said it. I got 10 minutes in and started losing interest when 2 of the 5 couples aren’t even cohabitating by day 7. Unbelievable. I’ve ruined this season for myself with the spoilers but honestly, I don’t think it’s that hard to see where these couples are heading. And apparently there are still 10 MORE EPISODES after this one! And THEY ARE TWO FUCKING HOURS!!! Good God. I can’t do it. Already we’re at one sad single toothbrush shot and one sad bride brushing her teeth alone. Riveting stuff (Insert eye roll). My Hulu then gave me almost 5 minutes of commercials and I suddenly reached my limit on this MAFS shit season. I turned it off. I’m done. Better luck (but probably not) next season!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Speaking of Brandon, did we really only get ONE scene with him and Taylor? After that big blowup last episode? Come on. I wanted a serious scolding session about the way he treated production. He barely got a slap on the wrist. Pathetic.

I would bet good money that the producers don’t want to deal with Brandon. I can hear them saying, “I am not getting paid for this.” Some people just aren’t worth the time and stress.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Couple's Couch is low energy compared to  90 Day Fiance 's Pillow Talk. Me no like.

Brandon wants away time from the camera to score drugs or meet up with Tinder hook ups? Who signs on a reality TV stint and be mad they're going to have cameras on them for weeks of filming.

Zach is not attracted to Mindy, how is this hard for anyone to understand. She must smell so bad that he can't move in and play along with this charade of a show for the  required 8 weeks. Let that sink in.

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Couple's Couch is low energy compared to  90 Day Fiance 's Pillow Talk. Me no like.

Brandon wants away time from the camera to score drugs or meet up with Tinder hook ups? Who signs on a reality TV stint and be mad they're going to have cameras on them for weeks of filming.

Zach is not attracted to Mindy, how is this hard for anyone to understand. She must smell so bad that he can't move in and play along with this charade of a show for the  required 8 weeks. Let that sink in.

I can’t understand what they are saying on couples couch most of the time.  Bad audio. Plus, each person seems to have their own tv....one looks to the left, one to the right.  Bigot zero compared to 90 day Pillow Talk.  Cheap knockoff.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I can’t understand what they are saying on couples couch most of the time.  Bad audio. Plus, each person seems to have their own tv....one looks to the left, one to the right.  Bigot zero compared to 90 day Pillow Talk.  Cheap knockoff.  

Yes!  and they zoom in too close on all of them, it's a big mess.

• Love 8
On 2/13/2020 at 1:10 AM, Meowwww said:

I will stick up for couples couch since I never see anyone else doing it.

1. Jephte is fucking hilarious. He just really is. I also love what him and Shawniece bring to this because they had all the issues and more but made it out the other side. So, they are more insightful in many ways.

2. Bobby is supper catty and I love it. He's just not about the bs but also noticing small things like Mike wearing that red shirt a lot.

3. They pick up on the same things we do but in some ways they verbalize better. I love little things like from scene one with Derek and Katie, they felt phony to them. Like they really weren't vibing and that seems to have played out.

Bobby and Danielle are the only ones with shit audio for me. My tv is loud but they sound muffled.

Actually just getting to see someone's face as they react to Brandon coming in with flowers makes it worth it.

Edited by Racj82
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Pastor Cal is full of it. I don't understand why he is so surprise to hear Zach isn't attracted to Mindy.  During the matching process, he pointedly asked the other two "experts" if they really thought that Zach would be attracted to Mindy.  Had he stated his objections much stronger, Mindy most likely would have been matched with a better partner.

2 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

He was also super full of it asking Derek if he's ever been in love. WTF??? His little lable is Mr. Never Been in Love! It was discussed at length during casting!

I missed any episodes before the actual weddings.  I think I see two episodes...is that where the above examples are from, or is it promos and snippets at the show's website, or soap websites?

• Love 1

Also, Taylor and Mindy are crazy for wanting to make those marriages work out.

I agree with @Soup333 above that Meka could easily misinterpret people's words.  Meka is still imo going to be a handful.  Fwiw, each time we see Michael we see he has a little more substance, but I think he's got a lot of problems from his past to overcome.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

I missed any episodes before the actual weddings.  I think I see two episodes...is that where the above examples are from, or is it promos and snippets at the show's website, or soap websites?

All from televised episodes.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Soup333 said:

How in the world does she think she could be a CEO with those micromanaging standards? Hostile work environment lawsuits waiting to happen. 

She can be a CEO of her own lemonade stand with employee workforce of one. Herself! I’m not quite clear if she’s getting the bitch edit or if she really is one. She comes across angry and grumpy the entire time. I don’t like Michael one bit, but at least he was trying to be friendly when he visited her apartment. As a couple they are painful to watch 

• Love 13

Derek giving ‘falling in love’ an actual time frame was not one of his brighter moves. They’re presumably supposed to be working towards more during and after 8 weeks. Now Katie has a clock and a calendar to add to her screwed up drama and reservations.  Cammi’s summation was funny AND accurate.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

will stick up for couples couch since I never see anyone else doing it.

I couldn’t watch that if there was a gun to my head. Just kill me now 

5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Taylor and her weird giggling continues to bother me.

Could be a side effect of being married to Brandon

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Austin....you aren’t drawing the line in the sand over a watermelon.....No fruit was wasted in the filming of this episode.

To paraphrase Mindy’s friend in the black light glittery unicorn rainbow t shirt....Mindy, you are married to trash...his character is garbage....liking the thematic conversation between Mindy and her unicorn t shirt wearing friend..if only Zach or Michael could string together words this coherently and didn’t sound like a MadLib read aloud...

Derek saying he is excited to inherit a dog in the marriage melted a spot on my cold dark heart.

Michael’s need to see his crap out and nothing in the cabinetry is weird and makes his place look junky...he has lots of behaviors that is off putting in the light of day..

Meka stubbornly wants him to admit what he said on the plane and he won’t ...a stalemate....she will not move forward

Michael cannot ...will not...admit that he said something stupid when he was feeling macho and full of bravado on the plane to a stranger wife who is incredibly LITERAL.

His ego got ahead of his skis when he was feeling that he and MEKA were vibing enough that he could deliver the coitus deadline. Joking or not Meka was not having it.

Michael did not foresee Meka calling him out on his lie.
He is embarrassed.

He has let the situation go too far.
Now all he can do is cry when Pastor Cal confronts him face to face.

Yet he still cannot admit that he did put a clock on intercourse.

Meka did not need to hug Michael. He created his mess. All he has to do is admit it.

He cannot.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Cal makes it seem like if they want an out , they have it . Come on , we all know there’s a contract forcing them to stay together for 8 weeks . 

I actually doubt this, because what if someone was violent with someone else? You can't actually force someone to stay married to someone, just like you can't force someone to break up. I am sure they have to commit to the filming schedule, but I don't think they're actually required to stay married. (Hence all those filler scenes with Heather and Derek after Heather called it after a week.) There's likely some compensation for being on the show but I've always thought it was much lower than stated, because otherwise the whole pool would be Zachs just doing it for the money. (I read that a guy on the Australian version lost money because he couldn't work during filming and what he was paid was less than what he would have been paid at his regular job.)

There's always talk of "Luke is so mean to Kate, the experts should end this!" but if these are really "legally binding marriages," as the show states ad nauseam, nobody can end it but the couple. Production could stop filming them, but a) they wouldn't, and b) that's not the same thing as ending the marriage.

1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

Not to their face I wouldn’t.

I totally thought that trash can placement was weird. I guess I can kind of see the logic - you might need to toss something as you're walking out the door, you can just grab the trash to take out and go - but it just looks weird.

9 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm already tired of looking at five identical apartments!

They look like hotel extended stays. No personality whatsoever.

• Love 8