Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: New Wife, New Life

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I really hope that Mindy does not cave to the pressure of "making this work" and pull a "Kate" and sleep with this creep.  Have some dignity and self respect, please! 

I honestly don't think there's any danger that this will happen - he won't touch her with a ten foot barge pole.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 2/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, gonecrackers said:

Michael is carrying on because he's been confronted with what I believe is his lie. If he didn't lie, he wouldn't be so upset about something he's perceiving as "failure".  I don't blame Meka for not trusting him. 

Did Michael really pull the "crying" trick cuz he was on the hot seat?? That "failing" broken record is getting REAL OLD!! He couldn't even say WHAT he said. He coulda said he didn't remember. He seems real loose with his fast talk, so that's plausible. You see them disagree about something else she said he said & he denied it. IT'S A THING!! That's MAJOR!! HOW could she TRUST him??

• Love 5
On 2/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ohwell said:

Zack is telling "Pastor" Cal the truth.  If it ain't there, it ain't there.

Aaaannnd Zach just folded.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

😁Does Pastor Cal truly have no idea of what "there's no chemistry" means? Zach doesn't feel it in his LOINS, man!

On 2/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, gonecrackers said:

Oh FFS I wish Zach would just say he doesn't have it for her & he's done.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, gonecrackers said:

Cal just doesn't get it - Zach does not want to thrust (around Mindy).

It really doesn't take much to say, "I don't want her, I'm done." So, he wants play around for the cameras, this is the BS we get! 😂 "It's not Roommates at First Sight? Ya. It's MARRIED at First Sight & married people LIVE together!!" NEXT BS EXCUSE! "I want to miss her to see if I want to reach out to her & text her." Uh huh. And HAVE YOU?? You wanna try at this marriage? HOW are you SHOWING that?? It's too EASY to cut through the bs, but they drag it out instead. So STUPID!! Y'all hear him call her, "Mandy"?? He already forgot her name, lost her number, didn't note their address. He's CHECKED OUT!! ISSA WRAP!! Speaking of THRUSTING... I mean, I get it, you can't be married to someone you don't desire, sexually, if that's very important. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I really don't need my DVR recording 4 1/2 hours of this show every week.  Unfiltered, Couples Couch & the 2 hour weekly episode...ugh.    What I would like to see is a spin off of the past season's unmarrieds in some sort of Ex on the Beach type show.  Maybe somebodies Ex could be their Next!

• Love 10
On 2/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ohwell said:

Wow.  Derek just shot an arrow at Katie.  I'm surprised.

And Katie just shot back at Derek.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, gonecrackers said:

Katie's pissed so she's throwing the ex in Derek's face.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! WTF Derek?!! He called his wife his ROOMMATE?!! Did they stop having sex or something?? Like, WHY?? WHAT would make it feel like a marriage? GEEZ!! SIMPLE STUFF!! I called it & said the superficial stuff wasn't a foundation & they were just playing the part!! NO FEELINGS BEHIND IT!! 😂😂 TIME is missing? It'll take 6 months to a year?? & OF COURSE she tells the cameras how she feels & NOT her SPOUSE. It's about what you DO with your time!! She brought up her "ex" in retaliation, to hurt him back. We all KNOW it. #AMESS

• Love 8
On 2/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, Ohwell said:

Wow.  Derek just shot an arrow at Katie.  I'm surprised.

And Katie just shot back at Derek.

Very confusing.  They were both lovey dovey in the beginning .. I blinked my eyes and they are on the couch with her saying she still has the hots for another guy.  Am I missing something?

im not crazy about Jessica lately.  She appears to be very controlling.  Can Austen take being told what to do every minute?  In fact, all these girls seem to be a pain in the ass, maybe except Taylor.  Meka for sure.  Looking at Michael because all his kitchen cabinets are not filled up. This girl is crazy controlling.  

• Love 13

This is one of those seasons where I can truly understand differing opinions about these couples because they really are depressing.  They're not even fun to snark on.  

I'm especially sorry (and embarrassed) that they're located in the DC area this season because we are not that boring, desperate, tight-assed, vapid, drunk, or stupid as portrayed by these couples.  😵

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, lizajane said:

I don't mind couples couch either, but I have a really hard time understanding Jephte and have to rewind a couple of times. Bobby is very funny.

So I agree that it is more than Zach not being attracted to Mindy – I think he is actually repulsed and can’t force himself to try to form an attraction. But he had the perfect opportunity to express this to Cal and he still lied and said he wanted it to work. I have felt that way about people in the past and there is nothing that can change that feeling, and even though they may not be ogres, I think chemistry is a very powerful thing and there’s more to it than looks. Just to be clear, I still think he is an inarticulate, vain, shallow twit. I really don’t see a big comparison between him and Luke. First of all, at least Zach is not having sex with Mindy.  I think Matt and Luke are more similar douchebags.

Katie is incredibly immature, which is what some of the ‘experts’ were concerned about – I think it was Pepper who convinced them that she was mature enough. She just went off about still being attracted to the ex to get back at Derek for being honest about his feelings. I predicted this infatuation would wear off, but it could still grow into something deeper if they were willing to work on it. And I wonder how much relationship experience Derek has – we certainly know that he’s never been in love… I really don’t think they have that much in common, though.

Meka sounds like she would be a very hard person to live with. And something is not right with Michael and why he just can't say what he actually said or at least what he meant to say. Meka is never going to let this go.

It is becoming clearer that Brandon has a substance abuse issue, as well as emotional ones. Maybe he is self medicating for his anxiety and/or depression. Not uncommon. Regardless, his behaviour is dickish and abusive. 

Apparently the show doesn’t drug test before signing.  Maybe they should.  I wouldn’t want to be matched to someone who is an alcoholic or drug user.  That’s a very big thing.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

This is one of those seasons where, we the audience I can truly understand differing are in agreement with our opinions about that these couples because they really are depressing.  They're not even even more fun to snark on.  

I'm especially Don't be sorry (or embarrassed) that they're located in the DC area this season because we are not "the experts" season after season  are adept at casting the most boring, ultra desperate, exceptionally tight-assed, tremendously vapid, sloppy drunkards and  incredibly stupid locals as portrayed by these couples.  😵

I fixed it for you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Apparently the show doesn’t drug test before signing.  Maybe they should.  I wouldn’t want to be matched to someone who is an alcoholic or drug user.  That’s a very big thing.

Hope they at least test for STDs, but I doubt it. 😬

• Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 2:14 PM, Elizzikra said:

With 10 years experience and a master's in nursing in the DC area, I think she is making at least $100K

In my view, $100k is nothing in DC. It’s ok for the more distant suburbs but I’d think if she works in a DC hospital she’d be closer to $200k. I used to live there so I have a personal observation on it

• Love 5
On 2/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, Silver Bells said:

Oh, so Zack decided he wouldn’t move in with Mindy?  That would be it for me.  Kick him to the curb.  Stop lowering yourself.  Where is Brandon?  Having a few drinks?  What the hell?

DAMNNNNNNN!! TWO couples didn't go into their home together & one WASN'T the couple that spent most of their honeymoon apart?? YIKES!! 😨😨

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Drug testing wouldn't reveal an alcohol problem, or even a drug problem if the user had it together enough to abstain in advance of the test.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

In my view, $100k is nothing in DC. It’s ok for the more distant suburbs but I’d think if she works in a DC hospital she’d be closer to $200k. I used to live there so I have a personal observation on it

I currently live there and I've worked in healthcare in the past. I doubt she's at $200k. Nursing is a notoriously low paid position even in higher management ranks and even with an MSN. If she's salaried (and in management, she probably is), she's not earning shift/overtime/holiday differentials. 

You're right, though, that $100,000 doesn't necessarily go far in the DC area. 

• Love 8
On 2/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, Katie111 said:

Brandon is just horrible. I agree he is on drugs or is an alcoholic.   I wanted to punch him when he walked in with the flowers.  I wish she had thrown them at him.  He thinks he is so smooth but he is just awkward and awful.  

WTF is WRONG with Brandon?!! I CAN'T with his EMPTY "I'm sorrys"!! Keep those flowers! They're NOT an apology! His behavior is UNACCEPTABLE!! So SELFISH!! #TEAMBRANDON?? That was the PERFECT TIME to delve WAY INTO THAT!! It's NOT all about HIM & everything is NOT on his time!! "I vow to be a better Brandon." HOW???? I didn't hear what he's gunna do instead, so I guess we'll keep seeing the same s#%t. Funny, she said he broke his vows. That's new. Spouses don't say that, that we've heard.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 7
On 2/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, OnTime said:

Bobby really deserved someone that appreciated him more. He just wanted to be married.  Danielle and AJ are the luckiest people ever on this show.

I remember seeing a shot of Bobby in a bar on the matchmaking episode. That made me think they recruited him at that bar. 😂 Luckily, he gave up his age limit when they checked & was able to get married & have a baby. He's making himself okay with his marriage. We'll see if that ever changes.

• Love 2

Zach is scarily clueless - no self awareness at all. Even when he was trying to compliment the 'experts' matchmaking skills by stating he could see why Mindy was selected for him... he dug his hole deeper. He rambles on and says "I get it! She's attractive, athletic, outgoing, intelligent, everyone likes her, and she's confident - we definitely have a lot in common." I had to shake my head because he doesn't even get that he's telling the world that clearly the experts think these are ALL his attributes, and that's how they chose Mindy. He's so shallow, superficial and he hasn't a clue how to relate to a woman who has it all together. And I challenge how 'intelligent' he really is because he talks a lot by throwing out random statements, observations etc., but if you pay attention, he contradicts himself and says a whole lot of nothing. I wish Mindy would simply say, "Sorry Zach, but I need a guy who is educated, attractive on the inside (to match his outside) and who is able to carry on a conversation without consistently circling back to what 'he' was expecting in this situation."

As for Brandon, I think he has some serious mental health issues. He blows hot and cold all the time and Taylor must feel as though she's treading on eggshells. If these men cannot commit to moving in with their wives, why the heck  did they sign up? They got their 15 minutes of Andy Warhol fame, so they need to say Buh Bye! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I currently live there and I've worked in healthcare in the past. I doubt she's at $200k. Nursing is a notoriously low paid position even in higher management ranks and even with an MSN. If she's salaried (and in management, she probably is), she's not earning shift/overtime/holiday differentials. 

I don't understand why she's not pulling in the overtime $$ to get to at least $150,000. I realize I am Canadian, but all of my friends who are in nursing (be it as supervisors or RNs) make GOOD wages for their 40 hour work week, but they all can put in for overtime, and that's when their cheque soars. Given the hard work they put forth, I can't imagine anyone denying them proper overtime wages. No health care worker would continue working their butts off if they are not even getting compensated. No one is that altruistic.

• Love 3

I cannot with Michael and his Minnie mouse voice and flavor saver beard. Brandon has surpassed Zach as the donkey of the season. Taylor if you haven't heard, Jephte has a brother for you. You should call him. 

I'll attempt to translate Zach. He's saying in a round about way, that he's not attracted to Mindy in any way, shape or form. He asked for something and now that he has it, he doesn't know what to do with it. Mindy, Jephte has a brother for you too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Poseur Cal's presence is not helping anyone yet.  One never knows with the editing on this show, but he sure did not explain anything significant to Meka or Zack.  And he really did a number on Derek, (Katie should know how clumsy Derek is after a week with him, and how his "LOVE" timeline is born of naivete.)

Love having them all in the same complex again, but no promotion for the apartment company yet. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't understand why she's not pulling in the overtime $$ to get to at least $150,000. I realize I am Canadian, but all of my friends who are in nursing (be it as supervisors or RNs) make GOOD wages for their 40 hour work week, but they all can put in for overtime, and that's when their cheque soars. Given the hard work they put forth, I can't imagine anyone denying them proper overtime wages. No health care worker would continue working their butts off if they are not even getting compensated. No one is that altruistic.

If you are salaried, you make an annual wage based on a 40 hour work week, regardless of how many hours you work. At the hospitals I have worked at in the past, managers and up are salaried. They typically don't provide direct patient care on a regular basis but they are responsible for management and supervision of nursing staff, budgeting, staff supervision, scheduling, adherence to policy, etc. Staff nurses in hospitals (who have patient assignments, come in, work a shift and go home) are hourly employees, can get overtime as well as additional pay for working evening and night shifts and weekends. 

I know a lot of nurses in a lot of hospitals in different specialties. Admittedly, we don't sit around talking salaries but I don't know a single one who makes more than $100k or maybe $125 in a good year. The highest paid work three, twelve-hour shifts, nights, Friday-Sunday. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2020 at 7:20 PM, lizajane said:

It is becoming clearer that Brandon has a substance abuse issue, as well as emotional ones. Maybe he is self medicating for his anxiety and/or depression. Not uncommon. Regardless, his behaviour is dickish and abusive. 

Accountability is very important, but also you can't deny circumstances.

Brandon reminds me of someone I used to know a long time ago.  When he was a young child, there was a very violent, public incident in his family.  This happened a long time ago, before therapists would be dispatched to schools to help the children deal with whatever issues were going on.  So he'd be walking down the street, people would look at him and point, but no one was allowed to talk about what had happened.  He would pop off the same way Brandon pops off, he'd feel that everybody was talking about him because that was his experience.

I think Brandon is dealing with the trauma of his brother's murder, he should be in therapy not on a reality show.  Brandon should not have been picked for this show, no way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Brandon reminds me of someone I used to know a long time ago.  When he was a young child, there was a very violent, public incident in his family.  This happened a long time ago, before therapists would be dispatched to schools to help the children deal with whatever issues were going on.  So he'd be walking down the street, people would look at him and point, but no one was allowed to talk about what had happened.  He would pop off the same way Brandon pops off, he'd feel that everybody was talking about him because that was his experience.

ITA. He has two very unreconciled sides: (1) the Brandon he wants everyone to think he is who speaks all suavely, says "absolutely" all the time and calls Taylor "Mrs. Reid" vs. (2) the Brandon he really is who's scared, awkward, angry and a major navel gazer. Real Brandon seems to self-medicate with liquor so he can more easily maintain Good Brandon. The more alone he is with his thoughts, the more Real Brandon comes out. Instead of a wife, he needs rehab with intensive therapy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Lindz said:

I remember seeing a shot of Bobby in a bar on the matchmaking episode. That made me think they recruited him at that bar. 😂 Luckily, he gave up his age limit when they checked & was able to get married & have a baby. He's making himself okay with his marriage. We'll see if that ever changes.

He said his sister signed him up. You're right, we will see if he is okay and if that ever changes.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lizajane said:

I honestly don't think there's any danger that this will happen - he won't touch her with a ten foot barge pole.

I honestly think the fact that her family by and large crapped on this whole ordeal is pushing her to stay in. I don't think she wants to be proven wrong.

And yeah, I don't even think pity sex is an option with these two.

• Love 9

My husband is a nurse in a large inner city hospital in the northeast US. They are unionized..so that helps with salary. He has been a nurse for over 20 years. He works three twelve hour shifts a week....his base pay is over 100,000 for that.  With the extra hour or two of OT each week, weekend and night differentials, charge nurse pay, etc we do quite well.  If he starts to pick up extra shifts or does per diem work we get well into the upper 100s.  So it is definitely feasible that she makes a good salary.  Who knows if she picks up shifts elsewhere, etc.  of note...there are many MSN nurses who do not make as much as my hubby depending on the setting they work in...

Now, back to this sh*t show.....

Zach and Mindy...just stop it....seriously

Michael and Meka.....he is too quiet and seemingly passive yet stubborn...she is immature and does not understand that the best partners need not check all of your boxes and that loving someone makes that ok.....she is far too rigid and far too opinionated and frankly thinks far too much of herself, her way, her needs, her space...her, her, her

Brandon and Taylor...again, personal experience here makes me think this isn’t a drug issue in....he has trauma that he never seems to have healed from....I don’t see a drug addict..unless he self medicates, but I don’t think so...rather I think he lashes out because he has a need to feel like he has to strike first, like he needs to protect himself...after all no one could protect his brother....it makes sense...Taylor...somethings not right there either...she’s too perfect...too good about wanting to stay...and just too something else that I can’t put my finger on...we shall see

Katie and Derrick...neither is really ready....there is potential if they can grow up and mature as they get to know each other but anyone who thinks love happens in a set time frame and anyone who thinks throwing an old flame in someone’s face is “just being honest” when everyone knows she is lashing out..well, they just have some growing up to do.  I also wanted to say that Katie’s bathing suit choice in the last episode may have had to do with either wearing a sensor for continuous glucose monitoring or from having a bunch of bruises on her lower to abdominal quadrants from insulin shots. 

Jessica and Austin....she is managerial, not sure she’s outright bossy, and maybe he’s the kind of person that needs that so it will be ok.  He seems very easy going   They seem to be happy with one another and seem to have more in common that. The usual matches on this show.  

frankly, I always start out rooting for love...but as time goes on I really begin to just hope the mismatched mates get out without too much damage to their psyches.   

please excuse the typos. Little one is asleep on my lap. She’s not feeling well tonight....

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

(Michael and Meka)

IT'S A THING!! That's MAJOR!! HOW could she TRUST him??

Or, why must she set the stage for him not to be trustable?  Who's driving?  

To lay it out, was she distrustful before he said words that she construed as she did?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! WTF Derek?!! He called his wife his ROOMMATE?!! Did they stop having sex or something?? Like, WHY?? WHAT would make it feel like a marriage? GEEZ!! SIMPLE STUFF!! I called it & said the superficial stuff wasn't a foundation & they were just playing the part!! NO FEELINGS BEHIND IT!! 😂😂 TIME is missing? It'll take 6 months to a year?? & OF COURSE she tells the cameras how she feels & NOT her SPOUSE. It's about what you DO with your time!! She brought up her "ex" in retaliation, to hurt him back. We all KNOW it. #AMESS

He didn't call her his roommate. He's saying that's how it feels. Like Katie also said, they are very surface. They don't have real talks. They haven't worked past the whole getting to know you phase. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Or, why must she set the stage for him not to be trustable?  Who's driving?  

To lay it out, was she distrustful before he said words that she construed as she did?

IS she setting the stage or is she simply confirming whether he means what the hell he says? Saying things you don't mean is stupid & it's telling the other person NOT to believe what they say. 😂 It's not a distrustful, thing, like she went into the marriage not trusting her husband. It's just seeing if she can believe him, then trust him. If she can't believe him, HOW can she trust him? She took what he said to be true & he denies he said it. WHERE do you go from there? It could be misinterpretation of his words, but he won't even admit the words. That's what they can't get past to even figure out the meaning. ISSA MESS! They're DOOMED! It's just gunna be MORE of the same. 😥

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 4

The only thing that can solve the honeymoon sex ultimatum is audio/video footage. All we have now is a she accused/he denied. 

It’s all moot anyway. Meka believes he lied about it and so anything he says or does that *she considers* not 100% toeing the line will give her more reason not to trust him. 

• Love 6

Derek, you dummy, if someone breaks in your house don’t ever point a gun at them unless you’re prepared to use it. A fake gun is asking for a problem, like a quick death. And speaking of dumb... I’m surprised Katie didn’t try a “surprise” pregnancy with the hook up dude she’s hung up on. 

I think Brandon is high half the time or on something stronger. His ups and downs feel right on the edge of violence and he makes me nervous. I will give him the air purifier though. I’ve had one for years. I got it when I moved in a house that had just been painted and the fumes were bugging me. Now the sound of it is the perfect white noise and it helps with the pollen that can wipe me out seasonally.  

I feel for Mindy/Mandy but at a certain point I think she needs to quit asking, hoping, trying or even wondering if Zach is attracted to her. He isn’t. He’s made that clear. Just call it or decide to fake it until the money is gone but quit reaching for what is not there. Zach, trying to be hot without the shirt, yet cool and caring with his loving dog dad ways, won’t work when you speak in circles  that meander away from each other until they form a tangled knot of non-words. 

Meka makes me crazy but I think Michael is a lying liar. If he had sat next to me and flat out called me a liar I would have told him to shove it and that I was out. I don’t know what it is with him but he dug his hole and refused the rope Cal threw down to help him out. 

I have hope for Austin and Jess. It isn’t a huge amount because this show has a poor track record, but they are the only ones I can see standing a chance. 

I know these are Real! Binding! Marriages! but sticking the couples in long-term stay, generic no-tels  doesn’t lend a feeling of permanence to these (mostly) doomed unions. 

Edited by ramble
  • Love 6
On 2/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, OnTime said:

I still think the producers are messing with us.  I think their new approach to this show is "have the most dramatic season ever" and the couples stay together.

Did anyone ever think Jamie and Elizabeth would stay together during all their drama?

To answer: I'm pretty sure I posted in the "Yes" column. Of course, that was when she was Fiery Big Red and not today's Married Brunette. 

• Love 1
On 2/13/2020 at 12:33 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Michael gives me some Kanye West type vibe. Good insight above with denial of sex pressure off cam due to his teaching career. Meeka is a tough egg to crack though. She rarely smiles and seems all business. A strange and hard to please character.

Agree also Jess is steamrolling Austin a bit. It'll only get worse with her making more $$ than him, based on my life observations. I hate to say it but despite this "woke" society, women making more than men still get a bit peeved when they do surpass their mates. Bobby was a gem indeed- professing it doesn't bug him at all that Danielle makes more than him. He has his own home and is a saver & it's fine with him. He's not lazy by any stretch either.  *That* is real woke imo. 

Zach- what the hell are you always babbling about?! You make zero sense! Just say it and we'll hate you less..."Mindy smells bad! She had greasy hair and rancid breath!" Anyone notice in bed on the honeymoon, Zach looked like he was always distancing himself and covering his face from smiling Mindy? Like he was recoiling from her touch but when she wasn't even touching him. He's a fame seeker trying for exposure.  Miss her, Zach? You don't even *know* her to miss her! She truly did need to wash her hair at the Cal meeting.  Oil city! 

Katie & Derek: everyone already said it so I'll spare rehashing the same opinion. Immature.

Brandon has issues. Deep issues. I said to Mr. KDawg that he needed therapy BEFORE being married. Now they're just saddling this poor woman with a lemon. Run away Taylor.  Run far away. Get with Jephte's brother as he kindly offered on couple's couch. Good stock with that family.  The way Brandon burst into that room with flowers was sociopathic. He needed to get his head down and shoulders slumped and speak in a subordinate tone after what he pulled. A**ho*e. 

Re: Zach and his physical distance from Mindy. He also is leaning into the aisle on the bus ride, and then won't even get near to her in the water! Add all these instances to his skeptical "I didn't hear you [in the shower]" and now not moving in together, and boy, howdy---Mindy's unfortunate decision not to shower before bed was a game---and gamey!---changer! 😱 😵 😷 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Brandon may suffer from arrested development, i.e., the age he was at the time of his brother's murder.  I'm not sure of his age at that time, but he strikes me as a very pre-teen/early teen boy, in that he runs and hides as soon as he doesn't like something.  Tantrums, with the legal allowance via age of alcohol.  This boy needs more help than a marriage, and I shame the "experts" for not seeing that.  

The experts saw this really cute guy (at least I think Brandon is adorable), and just like any teenage boy, he can be very polite to the "adults".  But knowing his history, I sure wish they'd have recommended/even paid for therapy, and sent him on his way, rather than matching him with someone who clearly already has her adult future going.

Zach is disgusting.  I'm sorry, but the longer he's on, the uglier he gets.  His use of "word salad", i.e. saying a lot but really saying nothing, is characteristic of a narcissistic personality disorder.  I'm not a therapist, so I'm not here to diagnose, but when it smells like a narcissistic duck...... I do feel bad for Mindy, big teeth and all, as she seems like a really great gal who deserves a great guy.  She doesn't even have her own parents to lean on.

• Love 9
On 2/13/2020 at 4:27 PM, humbleopinion said:

Betcha Jessica's bossypants are just pushed to the side during sexy time....she may relax some when they stay together after Decision Day and the Reunion...

Or maybe those "bossypants" are more than A-OK with Austin! 😉 😈

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ShowFan said:

No, She doesn't make anywhere near $200,000. Trust me. At most 150.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Re: Zach and his physical distance from Mindy. He also is leaning into the aisle on the bus ride, and then won't even get near to her in the water! Add all these instances to his skeptical "I didn't hear you [in the shower]" and now not moving in together, and boy, howdy---Mindy's unfortunate decision not to shower before bed was a game---and gamey!---changer! 😱 😵 😷 

He didn't like her from the start. She said the first time he told her he wasn't attracted was the wedding day.  She said they did some kissing- "making out"- on the honeymoon, but that was it. It was probably enough for him to realize it's never gonna happen. Mindy could have perfect hygiene but regardless he wouldn't go near her.

He's staying out of that apartment because he doesn't want any kind of physical closeness or illusion of intimacy in any way. He has to be truly disgusted with her to be this distant. He just won't say it outright, because in his mind he may feel this doesn't alienate the audience as much, but he's wrong.

• Love 9
On 2/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, Booger666 said:

I didn’t understand what Michael was trying to say that he said when Meka kept insisting he was lying.  Something about expectations.  Did anyone else understand?

UO, but I actually liked Cal last night.  I’ve given all the “experts” shit over the years because of their idiocy.  I thought Cal asked good questions, got the couples talking, and had a healthy dose of skepticism about Brandon and Zach’s BS.  At the end of the day, if both people insist on staying in the marriage he is going to give them advice about how to move forward (obviously as long as there isn’t any form of abuse happening in the marriage.  I thought Luke was toxic and emotionally abusive of Kate and the experts should’ve helped her get out of that marriage asap).

I’ve always liked Pastor Cal. He was begging Mindy with the looks that he was giving her to get out of the marriage. He also indirectly told Zach it was time to go. I don’t blame him for not directly telling those two , their marriage was over before it even started. There’s only so much he can do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spunky said:

He also indirectly told Zach it was time to go.

And he directly said something about Zach's word salad bullshit - he said something like "I'm trying to understand you, but ..." as he rubbed his head. You could tell Zach was wearing him out. 

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Mindy should buy the song "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt and play it for Zach as she walks out the door for good.  Then I'd have at least some respect for her.    

One of my favorite songs. She speaks the truth! There's nothing wrong with Zach not being interested in Mindy. It's the rare person that does NOT have the experience of someone they like not liking them back, or someone being into us that we try to like That Way but we just can't get there. He's just being a dick about it, and he's trying so hard NOT to look like a dick and it makes him look worse.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

To answer: I'm pretty sure I posted in the "Yes" column. Of course, that was when she was Fiery Big Red and not today's Married Brunette. 

Did anyone notice that on Couples Couch Elizabeth was drinking out of a big coffee mug that said Basic Caucasian Sex?  I’m happy she and Jamie were able to get past that and joke about it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

ITA. He has two very unreconciled sides: (1) the Brandon he wants everyone to think he is who speaks all suavely, says "absolutely" all the time and calls Taylor "Mrs. Reid" vs. (2) the Brandon he really is who's scared, awkward, angry and a major navel gazer. Real Brandon seems to self-medicate with liquor so he can more easily maintain Good Brandon. The more alone he is with his thoughts, the more Real Brandon comes out. Instead of a wife, he needs rehab with intensive therapy. 

3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Brandon may suffer from arrested development, i.e., the age he was at the time of his brother's murder.  I'm not sure of his age at that time, but he strikes me as a very pre-teen/early teen boy, in that he runs and hides as soon as he doesn't like something.  Tantrums, with the legal allowance via age of alcohol.  This boy needs more help than a marriage, and I shame the "experts" for not seeing that.  

The experts saw this really cute guy (at least I think Brandon is adorable), and just like any teenage boy, he can be very polite to the "adults".  But knowing his history, I sure wish they'd have recommended/even paid for therapy, and sent him on his way, rather than matching him with someone who clearly already has her adult future going.

Zach is disgusting.  I'm sorry, but the longer he's on, the uglier he gets.  His use of "word salad", i.e. saying a lot but really saying nothing, is characteristic of a narcissistic personality disorder.  I'm not a therapist, so I'm not here to diagnose, but when it smells like a narcissistic duck...... I do feel bad for Mindy, big teeth and all, as she seems like a really great gal who deserves a great guy.  She doesn't even have her own parents to lean on.

The interesting thing to me was that the damaged side of him was not triggered until he laid eyes in his new bride. Before he was quite charming and well spoken and it changed the minute he met her.

My opinion is that he has no more attraction to Taylor than Zach is to Mindy. Unfortunately, his past trauma has left him ill prepared to properly communicate what he he wants to say which is “I don’t like this woman and will never like her million years” so he lashes out. It does not matter that Taylor is attractive and at least superficially charming...so was Princess Diana and her husband still was not into her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, spunky said:

I’ve always liked Pastor Cal. He was begging Mindy with the looks that he was giving her to get out of the marriage. He also indirectly told Zach it was time to go. I don’t blame him for not directly telling those two , their marriage was over before it even started. There’s only so much he can do.

So what will now happen with the seven weeks left? Zach is filmed in his house and Mindy the apartment?

Is there anything left for the show with these two?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Did anyone notice that on Couples Couch Elizabeth was drinking out of a big coffee mug that said Basic Caucasian Sex?  I’m happy she and Jamie were able to get past that and joke about it. 

I watched the Couples Couch last night and saw the cup.  I'm happy they are still married.

As far as couple couch, I've seen several and I thought I wouldn't like the show.  However, I do enjoy some of the comments.

• Love 5
On 2/13/2020 at 10:18 AM, MajorNelson said:

Jessica is a "patient care manager" and he's an aspiring network technician.  Not sure of these people's salaries at all, had to seach some.  Patient care manager according to google searches averages $68k, so what is he making 40K as a newbie?  In Washington DC, he ought to get to $120k+ within a year or two.  She seemed to imply "so much more" like she made 100k+.  So any details?

If he is becoming a network administrator at he gets all his certs and can command a serious salary...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He didn't call her his roommate. He's saying that's how it feels. Like Katie also said, they are very surface. They don't have real talks. They haven't worked past the whole getting to know you phase. 

Whats wrong with that? My wife and I have been roommates for over 15 years...

• LOL 1