Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: New Wife, New Life

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I disagree that Zach is out of her league.  IMO Mindy is on par with Zach on the physical attractiveness scale.  She's just not what Zach finds attractive.  I think Mindy's beauty is more classic and she is graceful, professional and poised.  I could easily see her on the arm of some rich and powerful CEO.

Yup.  I hate to break it to Zach, but he is a 5 at best on the looks scale my mom, sisters, and I snark with.  The automatic negative 4 points for being less than 6 feet tall is a killer.  I don't find his face particularly appealing either.  Something about his nose bugs me.  Mindy is at least a 5 objectively and I'm sure plenty men would rate her even higher than that.

Edited by lilabennet
Adding more
  • Love 7

Katie is having a case of "the grass is greener"....or in her case she wants to climb back over the fence and go back to the grass before Derek...

How can Moley not be p-o'ed...directly comparing him to the last guy...maybe her sugar levels were low when she insulted him sitting on the couch talking to Poser Cal.

Give her a Snickers....mini....

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I fully believe he could have said something like, "Most men expect to have sex by the end of their honeymoon and I don't find that to be unreasonable. It would be hard to become invested in a relationship without having sex, don't you agree?

I could see that.  For me, the key is was he talking about "expectations" in general like that, or for him specifically. 

• Love 6
On 2/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, Medsed said:

My husband is a nurse in a large inner city hospital in the northeast US. They are unionized..so that helps with salary. He has been a nurse for over 20 years. He works three twelve hour shifts a week....his base pay is over 100,000 for that.  With the extra hour or two of OT each week, weekend and night differentials, charge nurse pay, etc we do quite well.  If he starts to pick up extra shifts or does per diem work we get well into the upper 100s.  So it is definitely feasible that she makes a good salary.  Who knows if she picks up shifts elsewhere, etc.  of note...there are many MSN nurses who do not make as much as my hubby depending on the setting they work in...

Now, back to this sh*t show.....

Zach and Mindy...just stop it....seriously

Michael and Meka.....he is too quiet and seemingly passive yet stubborn...she is immature and does not understand that the best partners need not check all of your boxes and that loving someone makes that ok.....she is far too rigid and far too opinionated and frankly thinks far too much of herself, her way, her needs, her space...her, her, her

Brandon and Taylor...again, personal experience here makes me think this isn’t a drug issue in....he has trauma that he never seems to have healed from....I don’t see a drug addict..unless he self medicates, but I don’t think so...rather I think he lashes out because he has a need to feel like he has to strike first, like he needs to protect himself...after all no one could protect his brother....it makes sense...Taylor...somethings not right there either...she’s too perfect...too good about wanting to stay...and just too something else that I can’t put my finger on...we shall see

Katie and Derrick...neither is really ready....there is potential if they can grow up and mature as they get to know each other but anyone who thinks love happens in a set time frame and anyone who thinks throwing an old flame in someone’s face is “just being honest” when everyone knows she is lashing out..well, they just have some growing up to do.  I also wanted to say that Katie’s bathing suit choice in the last episode may have had to do with either wearing a sensor for continuous glucose monitoring or from having a bunch of bruises on her lower to abdominal quadrants from insulin shots. 

Jessica and Austin....she is managerial, not sure she’s outright bossy, and maybe he’s the kind of person that needs that so it will be ok.  He seems very easy going   They seem to be happy with one another and seem to have more in common that. The usual matches on this show.  

frankly, I always start out rooting for love...but as time goes on I really begin to just hope the mismatched mates get out without too much damage to their psyches.   

please excuse the typos. Little one is asleep on my lap. She’s not feeling well tonight....

Loved your insightful post.  Please post more often.

• Love 7
On 2/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, Higgins said:

Isn't that the whole point of the show though - that what attracts you to approach someone at a bar (or wherever) isn't necessarily what makes a solid foundation for a marriage? The experts are supposed to cut through the lure of initial attraction and match on these more foundational characteristics with the belief that attraction grows as a couple "grows in love.

Exactly but the person has to make the choice to get to know the other person.

Jamie wasn't attracted to Doug, but she did decide to get to know him and not keep looking for a guy in a cologne ad.

Zach wasn't attached to Mindy and decided not to get to know her. He's still looking for the blonde gym bunny.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

So  for the first time ever I was going to try to wait for the entire season to air and binge from start to finish but I caved at ep 7 and boy am I glad I did.  From the start I thought  Brandon  is on the down low and now I think he's an abusive, drunk on the down low.  Brittany giggles way too much for me and doesn't seem to have much about her either. She's an idiot and I would have dumped him when he stayed pissy at me all day on the honeymoon. That second incident with the producers would not have had a chance to come to fruition.  Unfortunately, they'll stay together on D Day. Michael is plain weird, owns what seems to be just one weird tank top and cracked me up when he busted out in tears instead of manning up.  Meka is no beauty queen but that's definitely okay  and especially if  your personality is sparkling but hers is not. Her voice annoys me as she talks too much when she gets on one of her tirades.  They'll probably split as neither is attracted to the other on any level and why would either of them be? There is no sexy there at all. Derek and his freckle face wife (can't remember name).. they could go either way on D Day but both still have quite a bit of growing to do. Her dad is cute and so is her mom.  The guy who was boinking her  prior to her signing up is  watching the show but all while boinking others so I'm glad she didn't flake on the show.  Zach and Mindy are giving us the required drama and it's pretty good. Weird though cuz he seemed to be into her on wedding day/night and then I guess when she wore that awful 'leisure' outfit to Panama with those HIDEOUS black sneakers he was DONE. She's a dork but  she seems like someone who'd be pleasant to know in the workplace. Also, I know the producers told her to move her azz into the apartment but she looks like a fool there on there on her own, lol. Jessica and her son I mean husband.. I was shocked that these two were getting it on from the start... they are so wholesome and sweet and should live on a farm but he wanted to smack her when she was riding him at his apartment as they were packing. He looked over it and over her for just a moment.   They'll stay together and thrive. Overall, not a bad start to the season :-). 

Edited by karenbrady
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

OMG.  Zach must be a fan of Vanderpump Rules because Bravo was running Season 1 today and I just heard Jax telling a girl he’s dating and has been spending a lot of time with that they need to slow things down because he “just wants to be able to miss you.”  Not kidding. Season 1 Episode 7!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, Soup333 said:

Forgot to mention Katie’s accidental pregnancy comment. If it doesn’t “accidentally” happen? Run, Derek. 

Good on Katie acknowledging that sex carries the risk of pregnancy, BUT it's not an accident cuz you knew the risk & took it! 😂 Otherwise, I feel the same way. DON'T do it if you're NOT ready & able to raise a child. There's only ONE birth control method that's 100% effective. #FACT

• Love 4
On 2/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think that's his type and if so, I wish he'd just say so.

Isn't that the whole point of the show though - that what attracts you to approach someone at a bar (or wherever) isn't necessarily what makes a solid foundation for a marriage? The experts are supposed to cut through the lure of initial attraction and match on these more foundational characteristics with the belief that attraction grows as a couple "grows in love." I'm not sure if I buy that or not - I have known couples who have very strong relationships despite low initial physical attraction (though I don't know anyone who every found their partner downright unattractive at first and then went on to have a long-lasting relationship). 

I’m a woman and am very visual, probably like most guys.  I would know in two seconds if I wanted to persue a meeting with a guy.  I’ve tried to go out with guys that were a real catch in every way, but for some reason, I couldn’t go forward.  Maybe that’s just me .. I don’t know.  Plus, these experts seem to match I noticed when the two people have things in common.  Total bullshit.  My husband and I have little in common and are married over 50 years.  It was love at first sight.  My parents were matched from the old country, were married forever, but my mother was never happy because she wasn’t attracted from the beginning even tho my father was handsome and a good husband.  Go figure.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Exactly but the person has to make the choice to get to know the other person.

Jamie wasn't attracted to Doug, but she did decide to get to know him and not keep looking for a guy in a cologne ad.

Zach wasn't attached to Mindy and decided not to get to know her. He's still looking for the blonde gym bunny.

And this is why I'm pissed off at Zach. He knew what the gig was when he signed up and is now backing out of even trying to get to know Mindy. So for him this was just a date with a girl on tv, with a ring, a nice vacation and a messy legal entanglement.

• Love 10
On 2/13/2020 at 10:00 AM, Neurochick said:

I don't get that the experts should have helped Kate.  What were they supposed to do?  It's the same in the real world.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.  You can tell a person you think their spouse is abusive but if they want to stay, you're really powerless to do anything, they are an adult, not a child.  I would NEVER have stayed with Brandon.  I don't know if he has unprocessed trauma because of his brother's murder (seems like everybody forgets about that...which is why people never get to process trauma), but something's not right about him.  It wasn't that he got angry, it was the WAY he got angry, the way he lashed out at Taylor.  I think the producers probably told Taylor to pack Brandon's bags, they might have even helped her.  Why?  Because the show didn't want to be held libel for what could happen if everybody left and Brandon was stuck in Panama.  

The reality is that for whatever reason Mindy, Taylor, Brandon and Zach want to continue.  Some people say, it's because of the money, or because they don't want to get a bad edit, maybe that is true, but it's also true that people stay in toxic situations even if they're not on a reality show.

END THE EXPERIMENT!! Take away the housing, money, & cameras. It would definitely force the FAKER'S hand. You KNOW Luke, Matt, & Keith woulda walked away & NEVER looked back! 😂 The experiment creates pressure to stay married for 8 weeks. It brought them together & could separate them. They're not attached to their stranger spouse, they don't want to be considered FAILURES. Heather is the ONLY BADASS who walked away & didn't care about any of that s#%t!

• Love 4
On 2/16/2020 at 8:25 AM, Neurochick said:

But, what I see in Meka is a woman who doesn't seem to want to compromise, who doesn't seem to want to bend. 

Two characteristics that never work on this show: 1.Being humorless and 2. Unable to compromise. Meka is both.

• Love 12

Meka was wayyyy too defensive about her STRANGER husband going through her stuff & reacted badly. Spouses going through drawers is already weird. It's even more difficult in a rocky marriage. 😅

• Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 11:40 AM, suzeecat said:

Mindy's beauty is more classic and she is graceful, professional and poised.

Yup. She reminds me of Amal Clooney, who is married to one of the "Sexiest Men Alive", or whatever it's called by People Magazine. Personally, I don't think Zach would even make top five guys for me in the history of the show, and he grows less attractive every time he opens his mouth and speaks.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I got the feeling that Austin was getting irritated with her through all of that.  She needs to turn it down a notch or two.  

He needs to be an adult & push back before it builds & he explodes & she's too used to getting her way.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, humbleopinion said:

From the lesson we learned with Danielle and Cody...dogs are not the glue to hold a marriage together...and Danielle never felt a spark so she's Zach.

Oh she felt it... FIRST night of the honeymoon, BUT Cody pulled back & didn't explain it to her, it wasn't a joint decision. So that killed it for her. 😂

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Two characteristics that never work on this show: 1.Being humorless and 2. Unable to compromise. Meka is both.

She does not demonstrate the least bit of familiarity with compromise as most of us understand it.  

• Love 7
On 2/14/2020 at 3:40 AM, KateHearts said:

Any time Zach starts on his long-winded word salad, the listeners get that puzzled look. Because he DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING. I keep waiting for someone to say, "Hey, you don't make sense! Stop trying to use metaphors and sound intelligent! You are just babbling!" They even play the confused music- but no one calls him out. Mindy is still all about "making this work" and trying to point out his good qualities, when she really just needs to accept that it isn't happening and call it a day.

Taylor needs to cut her losses. She's attractive, she is ambitious, and she will be fine. I am not sure why she is being so nice to a guy who has shown his true colors, and they are not pretty.  He avoids any sort of conflict, he's rude and has a temper, and he is immature. Not marriage material.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:35 AM, KateHearts said:

I don't know... I feel like the "out" offered is always very tepid and sort of has an unspoken caveat... as in "Do you want to quit this? Because, you know- this is LEGALLY BINDING and love needs to grow. It takes time; get into your home environment and see how it goes. Married couples do live together, you know..." as if he is shaming them if they DO decide to bail.

Will we EVER see the day when an "expert," spouse, or producer calls out the BS LIES?? SERIOUSLY!! I wanna see someone say, "You're LYING!! BE AN ADULT & OWN YOUR TRUTH!! Regardless, we both KNOW the TRUTH, EVERYONE will see it! I'll be the adult & END THIS because you're WASTING MY VALUABLE TIME!" I mean, I get it, spouses that are committed don't want to look like a quitter or failure, but I wouldn't consider them either of those.

• Love 3
On 2/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, spunky said:

I’ve always liked Pastor Cal. He was begging Mindy with the looks that he was giving her to get out of the marriage. He also indirectly told Zach it was time to go. I don’t blame him for not directly telling those two , their marriage was over before it even started. There’s only so much he can do.

He was feeding into the bs. FORGET his "pleading eyes." 😂 He didn't DIRECTLY say, "This is OVER. How do we wrap this up?" Probably because of his contract. He has to try to get them to stay together, no matter how fake & ridiculous. 

• Love 4
On 2/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, suzeecat said:

I disagree that Zach is out of her league.  IMO Mindy is on par with Zach on the physical attractiveness scale.  She's just not what Zach finds attractive.  I think Mindy's beauty is more classic and she is graceful, professional and poised.  I could easily see her on the arm of some rich and powerful CEO.

I'm not talking about MY league or anyone else's. I'm talking about Zach's league and for purposes of the show, that's the one that counts.. She seems like a very nice person and not an unattractive woman but anyone who saw Zach and thought it would be a good idea to match the two of them needs their head examined. Zach is a self-absorbed asshole but Mindy is doing herself no favors by acting like a puppy dog and taking any crumbs he throws as if they are signs that there may be a chance for them.

Edited by configdotsys
spelling
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Will we EVER see the day when an "expert," spouse, or producer calls out the BS LIES?? SERIOUSLY!! I wanna see someone say, "You're LYING!! BE AN ADULT & OWN YOUR TRUTH!!

We did. She is now engaged to the spouse of the person she was calling out..........

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lindz said:
On 2/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, spunky said:

I’ve always liked Pastor Cal. He was begging Mindy with the looks that he was giving her to get out of the marriage. He also indirectly told Zach it was time to go. I don’t blame him for not directly telling those two , their marriage was over before it even started. There’s only so much he can do.

He was feeding into the bs. FORGET his "pleading eyes." 😂 He didn't DIRECTLY say, "This is OVER. How do we wrap this up?" Probably because of his contract. He has to try to get them to stay together, no matter how fake & ridiculou

Zach and Mindy are probably the next Jon and Molly. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yup. She reminds me of Amal Clooney, who is married to one of the "Sexiest Men Alive", or whatever it's called by People Magazine. Personally, I don't think Zach would even make top five guys for me in the history of the show, and he grows less attractive every time he opens his mouth and speaks.....

You’ve got me curious... so whom DO you consider some of the most attractive people (male or female) that have been on the show?

• Love 1
On 2/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I just remembered that I encountered the duvet-and-no-top-sheet thing in Europe, but my understanding was that they treat the duvet cover as if it's a top sheet and wash it

Yes, native European here. Never saw top sheets until I moved to the US many many moons ago. At home, our comforter is also in a duvet cover and that’s what’s being washed all the time

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

He needs to be an adult & push back before it builds & he explodes & she's too used to getting her way.

Not necessarily. He is still a kid and can adopt, so can she. They can learn to compromise. We are only seeing a very small part of their interactions. 

• Love 1
On 2/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:
On 2/14/2020 at 3:37 AM, Yeah No said:

Oh, and BTW Derek, fake guns are what gets people killed.  A really dangerous thing to own even in your night table.

Aah, he's white though.

Uh, yeah, still dangerous.

• Love 1

Meka and Michael --  I was team Meka until this episode. I now see the dynamic entirely different. Meka is a difficult person to please, 100% business all the time, and is very critical of everything Michael says and does. Meka senses weakness in Michael and that is putting her off. She will not get over the sex comment because its excuse to get out of the marriage. At the end of the day, she is (1) not attracted to him and (2) thinks he has poor job prospects. Michael comes across as a man with a troubled life who is still trying to figure his stuff out. I'm doubtful about his supposed new job as a principal. I think he made it far enough in the vetting process that he had a good chance of getting it, but I think he lied about already having a job offer. I think it was his way of making himself look better next to Meka. He comes across as immature and way over his head. I believe he may have said he was expecting to consummate the marriage during the honeymoon but not in the way Meka understood it. Even though MAFS seems to avoid Black-White interracial marriages, I think Mindy (personality-wise) could have been a better match for Michael.

Brandon and Taylor -- Brandon is a scary man. He has serious problems and needs psychological help ASAP.  Taylor needs to walk out of this marriage. 

Mindy and Zak - I knew from the first moment I saw this couple that Zak would not be attracted to Mindy. They are an awful match. She is attractive in a classical sense, but not "hot" and thats all Zak cares about. Zak clearly went on this show for a hot babe and for exposure to built his fitness instagram influencer empire. Zak is treading lightly because he doesn't want to come across as a villain on TV, but he is 100% put off by Mindy and would never date her in real life. Mindy needs to call it quits. Taylor would have been a better match for Zak. 

Katie and Derek - I had hopes but I see that things are cooling off between these two. I think Derek is not as attracted to Katie for whatever reason, she is feeling it and is bringing up the ex-boyfriend to hurt Derek. They might still work out but its not looking as good as during the honeymoon.

Austin and Jessica - Austin seems pretty easy going, I think Jessica lucked out with him because she has a strong personality that would clash with a lot of men. Her constant banter and bossiness may wear out over time, so I hope she is just overdoing it for the cameras. 

Edited by jPLUS
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2020 at 3:20 AM, Racj82 said:

We don't what was actually said which is the issue. Everyone would be on Meka's side if we actually saw what went down like she said.

But we have a he said/she said situation. So, people have to draw their own conclusions. We can also only go but what we see and Meka comes off as really hard to deal with. That we can see. And they had one bad interaction. She's not being abused.

With Mindy and Taylor, I by no means condone what is going on with them but they can walk. I don't know where this info keeps coming from but they are not forced to finish out the show. People have left before the weeks are up plenty of times. Sure you may not get paid or paid in full but they can walk. Why they are staying is beyond me. If they have bigger problems that are keeping them here mentally, they should have never been cleared with this show to begin with.

You are so right.  I don’t think any of them are thrilled with their partners, even Jessica, but still they stay.  I think they just want to be on t.v.  I doubt they need the money.  If anything, they all should have mental evaluation if anything.  Meka is super hyper, Dereks wife loves her ex, Brandon probably drinks and so on.  These are the best they could pick?  Maybe one out of a hundred connect.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Yes, native European here. Never saw top sheets until I moved to the US many many moons ago. At home, our comforter is also in a duvet cover and that’s what’s being washed all the time

But putting a duvet cover back on the duvet is one of the most annoying chores ever!

You are so right.  I don’t think any of them are thrilled with their partners, even Jessica, but still they stay.

I have to disagree - I think that Jessica and Austin are pretty genuinely pleased with their match. They are still getting to know one another but I think they both realize it could have been much, much worse. For the record, I think they are a good match and I'm pulling for them!

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Meka is super hyper, Dereks wife loves her ex, Brandon probably drinks and so on.  These are the best they could pick?  Maybe one out of a hundred connect.

This show has a worse track record than the average marriage made the standard way.  You'd think the participants would say I should find someone and marry them and have a 50% chance of success, rather than the 10-20% (* oops it's a little better) of this show.

* Going through the wikipedia entries, for Seasons 1-7...of the ones who chose to stay married, ultimately 75% of them later divorced.  This is not counting the ~50% who get divorced on Decision Day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, topanga said:

You’ve got me curious... so whom DO you consider some of the most attractive people (male or female) that have been on the show?

Keep in mind, my list is not necessarily the most handsome, just the guys I personally would be attracted to, and that includes some mix of personality and looks.

Here's my list in no specific order:

Keith, Jon, Gregg, Anthony and Neil. Jon has lost some points since hooking up with Dr. Barbie, but just from a looks standpoint he's definitely my type (and I know some can't stand the sweaty pits, but I don't care - I still think he's hot!). Ricky Bobby gets an honorable mention too since his new haircut or if he's wearing a hat 😜

The women I think are prettiest and/or girls I would want to hang with are (again, no specific order): Iris, Courtney, Ashley P, Shawniece, Davina, and Sonia. Mindy is an honorable mention at this point depending on how pathetic she gets.

Just on looks alone, I think Keith and Iris are the best looking couple in the history of the show.

People that make my skin crawl: Luke, Matt, Mia, Molly, all the season 2 guys, Vaughn, and just looks-wise, Jamie (Elizabeth's husband) because I don't find him attractive at all.

There you go!

Edited by Ilovepie
Added a girl list too and some other lists!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Keep in mind, my list is not necessarily the most handsome, just the guys I personally would be attracted to, and that includes some mix of personality and looks.

Keith, Jon, Gregg, Anthony and Neil. Jon has lost some points since hooking up with Dr. Barbie, but just from a looks standpoint he's definitely my type (and I know some can't stand the sweaty pits, but I don't care - I still think he's hot!). Ricky Bobby gets an honorable mention too since his new haircut or if he's wearing a hat 😜

*pulling up a chair to @Ilovepie 's table* Hi, can I join you? We're very much on the same page on this. I brought a pie and two forks. 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I totally thought Jason (of Courtney and Jason) was adorable, but today he looks puffed and has weird hair color or something. None of the rest of the guys across seasons were my type at all.

On another note: Why does everyone say "Ricky Bobby"? I had no idea who that was so I looked them up and it always just says Bobby. What's the Ricky part all about?

• Love 3

Zack's total lack of self aweness makes me wonder what he actually asked for in a mate. I can see him thinking that asking for someone intelligent, athletic, and adventurous made him SOUND good to the experts. What he actually wanted was a blond booby chick who was dumb as a hammer so he could dazzle her with all his big fancy words and complicated though meaningless sentences. Mindy stop clinging and move on with your life.

Michael and Meka both look like they are having the world's longest root canal. Without anesthesia. 

Brandon strikes me as someone who has been petted all his life by the women around him, possibly in an attempt to make up for the loss of his brother and an otherwise tough life. When things don't go his way, he has a hissy fit. He seems to go from 0 to mad as hell in a flash. 

I watch Couples Couch with the closed captioning on because some of their remarks are pretty amusing and I enjoy seeing couples that I rooted for in the past enjoying some snark just as we do here. 

Why yes, I am easily entertained, thank you for asking. 😉 

Edited by DocTerv
edited because I never notice the mistakes till it posts
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

On another note: Why does everyone say "Ricky Bobby"? I had no idea who that was so I looked them up and it always just says Bobby. What's the Ricky part all about?

Ricky Bobby was Will Farrell's name in the movie Talladega Nights. He played a nouveau riche race car driver. It's a comedy, obviously. On The Dallas Season, Dave jokingly called Bobby "Ricky Bobby" and it's kind of stuck on this sight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Ricky Bobby was Will Farrell's name in the movie Talladega Nights. He played a nouveau riche race car driver. It's a comedy, obviously. On The Dallas Season, Dave jokingly called Bobby "Ricky Bobby" and it's kind of stuck on this sight.

Thank you! Never saw the movie and was totally clueless about the "Ricky" part. It was driving me nuts that I nothing online said Ricky Bobby!

• LOL 1
On 2/18/2020 at 5:40 PM, Lindz said:

He was feeding into the bs. FORGET his "pleading eyes." 😂 He didn't DIRECTLY say, "This is OVER. How do we wrap this up?" Probably because of his contract. He has to try to get them to stay together, no matter how fake & ridiculous. 

I’m sure his hands are tied by whatever contract he signed. He most likely wants them to come to the realization themselves, in that way they’re taking responsibility for their marriage ending.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, OnTime said:

Zach and Mindy are probably the next Jon and Molly. 

More like Luke and Kate. He’s just not venturing down pity sex lane.

• Love 3
On 2/18/2020 at 6:15 PM, topanga said:

I had to chuckle over this because I actually made a list a couple weeks ago of all the guys on the show, ranking them in tiers of attractiveness.

Tier 1 - Derek (S10) and Keith (S9)

Tier 2 - Jason (S1 - how he looked then), Sean (S2), Ryan R. (S2), Derek (S4), Jon (S6), Greg (S9), Matt (S9), Zach (S10), Michael (S10)

Bottom Tier - Doug (S1), Ryan B. (S6), Tristan (S7)

I tried to just go by objective looks, what appeals to me personally, and not consider personalities. Because Zach would be way at the bottom along with Matt, Sean, S4 Derek, S2 Ryan and maybe Michael.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But putting a duvet cover back on the duvet is one of the most annoying chores ever!

Not for us! My husband and I (he is also of European descend) have a Greta time putting the duvet cover together! You get the corners and then you shake it shake it! 

8 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Not for us! My husband and I (he is also of European descend) have a Greta time putting the duvet cover together! You get the corners and then you shake it shake it! 

Any tips for getting it to stay put when it doesn’t have the tie thingies in the corners?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I had to chuckle over this because I actually made a list a couple weeks ago of all the guys on the show, ranking them in tiers of attractiveness.

Tier 1 - Derek (S10) and Keith (S9)

Tier 2 - Jason (S1 - how he looked then), Sean (S2), Ryan R. (S2), Derek (S4), Jon (S6), Greg (S9), Matt (S9), Zach (S10), Michael (S10)

Bottom Tier - Doug (S1), Ryan B. (S6), Tristan (S7)

What about Tres, Atlanta season??

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Any tips for getting it to stay put when it doesn’t have the tie thingies in the corners?

If you out it on correctly and really get the corners, it just days. Years ago we used to out safety pins on each corner, but we stopped a long time ago and it stays fine

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, spunky said:

He most likely wants them to come to the realization themselves, in that way they’re taking responsibility for their marriage ending.

He doesn't though. That's why he feeds into whatever bs they say. It's like it's show over EVERYTHING. He has to perpetuate the LIES for the show. 😂

On 2/19/2020 at 8:25 AM, Elizzikra said:

Totally agree.  There's a burrito method for doing it that works pretty well, although it makes zero sense to me and I have to slavishly follow the directions word by word.

13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe the movement happens over time, and if you take it apart once a week, it doesn't have as much of a chance to stray. 

• Love 1

I'm one episode behind still so I can't comment on that Couples Couch. However, I think I actually like them better than Pillow Talk over on 90DF. They talk a bit more about their relationships during and after when they were on the show and I like the insight. Bobby was particularly funny this episode, and Jephte apparently has endless brothers to fix up with the women in the current season who have less than enthusiastic husbands. Also, the couples threw some shade at Pastor Cal! 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2