Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: New Wife, New Life

• Start Topic

Meka’s glee over Michael’s projected income and her constant criticism of him made me sad that MAFS has managed to find two black women like this in just a few years. Meka is a slightly younger, less put together version of Jasmine. My sister in law was the same way, materialistic, highly critical and defensive. I can’t stand the type. 

That said, Michael is not a man I would find attractive. I don’t think he flat out lied about the plane conversation though. 

For all his squinting and head shaking, Pastor Cal is useless. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

I didn’t understand what Michael was trying to say that he said when Meka kept insisting he was lying.  Something about expectations.  Did anyone else understand?

UO, but I actually liked Cal last night.  I’ve given all the “experts” shit over the years because of their idiocy.  I thought Cal asked good questions, got the couples talking, and had a healthy dose of skepticism about Brandon and Zach’s BS.  At the end of the day, if both people insist on staying in the marriage he is going to give them advice about how to move forward (obviously as long as there isn’t any form of abuse happening in the marriage.  I thought Luke was toxic and emotionally abusive of Kate and the experts should’ve helped her get out of that marriage asap).

• Love 11

Can the show please provide an interpreter for Zach?  I have no idea what the hell he's talking about whenever he opens his mouth and that verbal diarrhea spews out.

Mindy, listen to your friend Mallory and bail on this fuckwit.  I know you say you want your marriage to work but you don't have a marriage.  

Same with Taylor.  If a man is telling you a week in (and on your honeymoon!) to fuck off - -and around other people, pack your bag and go.  It isn't going to get better.  I'm disgusted that Pastor Cal would encourage Taylor and Brandon to work on the marriage.  No.  You cut your losses and get away from someone like that  And why didn't either PC or Taylor ask Brandon where the hell he'd been?  

I'm surprised that Derek put a timeframe on falling in love with Katie.  Is he hedging his bets?   Is he laying the groundwork for not making a firm decision or being in love by week eight?  And Katie, if you have to make a conscious decision every day to not be involved with your ex, you haven't emotionally cut him off or distanced yourself.  

I think Michael was lying to Pastor Cal.  If he's going to lie about that, and lie the first week of the marriage, what won't he lie about?  If I were Meka, I'd cut bait and go.  

Jess and Austin seem to be perfectly matched and I agree with a poster upthread who said he's this season's Ricky Bobby.  

I seriously love Katie's dog, Zach's dogs, and Derek's roommate's dog.  

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Ohwell said:

He said the first part, but not the second.  He doesn't want to look like an ass on tv.

Pastor Cal annoys the hell out of me looking all confused when Zach is trying to tell him there's no chemistry.  I'm sure the "Pastor" has met some women in his life that he just wasn't attracted to.  

No chemistry?  Isn’t this where the sex expert comes in?  Where is she?  Where’s Pepper?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

11 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I still say Bobby was the best catch this shows ever had . His wife lucked out in the arranged marriage department . 

Greg is on par, if not even more of a catch. I like Bobby but I'd take Greg over him in a heartbeat (and no, it's not because of his double ovens).

Oh you're right! I keep forgetting about Greg, he's not floating through "Couples Couch".

Definitely at the top over Bobby.

What Danielle would give for double ovens, a sun porch and deck!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I could give Zach the benefit of the doubt on the chemistry not being there...except, he saw her at the altar and decided he wasn't attracted. He should've never said "I do" and put on that big show. He hasn't even given her a chance. He's an ass.

Brandon seems sociopathic. The way he walked in with flowers as if nothing had happened, I'd be out of there so fast. Something ain't right with him.

What is happening with Katie and Derek isn't too shocking. I think they had sex too soon and he's losing interest. Katie is hurt and letting it be known she has other suitors. They are both too young for this.

• Love 23

So they are all on the same bus from the Panama hotel to the airport, on the same flight to DC, and then bused to the same apartment complex.  Is this right?

Then what happens to Brandon and Zach? They don't get on the bus to the apartments and take Uber back to their homes as the camera crew and producers watch??

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, ShowFan said:

When Mindy is talking with her friend Mallory and eating a giant pasta bowl, there is a blurred photo on the table. Looks like 2 people on it. I wonder who they are and why it’s blurred

With the bland and corporate décor of those apartments, it was probably the photo that came with the frame.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not even sure I'll watch that much of the next episode because I don't give a rat's ass about their families.

Oh geeze .. now the families?  Let’s just call it a day.  We already know only one couple will make it.  Austin and what’s her name.

• Love 4

I love how Zack even made Mindy being pretty and smart all about him . He was like “ I can see why I was matched with you because you’re pretty , smart , etc “ .. and all I could think was .. that’s what you think YOU’RE deserving of . 

I would never want to be matched with a conventionally hot guy ( He’s not my type but I think most people would think he’s good looking off the bat.) Set me you with an Austin any day of the week over this guy who thinks he’s the prettiest guy in the world .

i love Derek but I do think it’s very immature to put a time on when you can fall in love with someone . Not everyone falls in love at 6 months or a year . Why can’t it just happen when you feel it ? 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

I didn’t understand what Michael was trying to say that he said when Meka kept insisting he was lying.  Something about expectations.  Did anyone else understand?

Not remotely, and I'm getting really tired of him continually denying what he said but then not flat out saying what he did say. He refuses to say, "I never said that. I said _____." Meka even gave him the opportunity to clear it up and admit he did indeed say that but then tell her what he meant to say if he truly didn't mean that. She seemed open to hearing whatever it was he thinks he said to her. Instead he literally claimed he said "something about expectations." I find Meka exhausting but the way she was desperate for him to admit what he said makes me tend to believe her. She (and Cal) also seemed shocked that he suddenly started blubbering. Even then he wouldn't just say plainly what was upsetting him. Just something about it being a lot of pressure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Re: Derek's seemingly cooling ardor. 

Recall Katie's reaction of displeasure at Derek's surprise jumping into the shower with her. Her stated viewpoint: "Can't I have any moment of privacy?!" His possible viewpoint: "I've heard this is a really sexy thing!"

A penny for the imagined resultant conversation. Derek: "Hey, wifey!" Katie: "Aack! Please get out!"

And now his thought balloon is: "I'll bet she'd let that other guy into the shower with her."

Katie is unaware that she is, with Derek, punching above her weight. And that he will not accept being used to make another man jealous.

Yeah LennieBrisco she is certainly "punching above her weight".  He's far better looking than she is, but down to earth, AND he's accepted her with a serious disease.  Not many people would do that unless they had already fallen in love despite the disease.  She is headed to spinsterhood.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Derek giving ‘falling in love’ an actual time frame was not one of his brighter moves. They’re presumably supposed to be working towards more during and after 8 weeks. Now Katie has a clock and a calendar to add to her screwed up drama and reservations.  

He's not feeling it & is prepping her for his out.

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Michael did not foresee Meka calling him out on his lie.
He is embarrassed.

He has let the situation go too far.
Now all he can do is cry when Pastor Cal confronts him face to face.

OMG what a baby.  Just man up dude & get on with it. Btw, he's annoying too. It's the all about promoting Michael show - his promotion, his plans, his past - STFU.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Free Michael at this point. After the spice/cooking conversation I realized that Meka is one of those people that hold you to your EXACT wording. Because Michael said he doesn’t cook she took that to mean he doesn’t cook anything at all ever. So when he suggested buying spices she was questioning what the hell he wanted them for. I can imagine that she took something he said on the plane the wrong way but she cannot ever be wrong so she’s standing by her interpretation. She is EXTREMELY critical. Much worse than Jasmine and that ain’t a good look. How in the world does she think she could be a CEO with those micromanaging standards? Hostile work environment lawsuits waiting to happen. 

You know, I think you've got it right about Meka.  God forbid you should say something the wrong way because she will never let you forget it.  I'm beginning to believe Michael when he said he had "expectations" of having sex on the honeymoon, but I don't think he meant "if there's no sex on the honeymoon I'm kicking you to the curb" the way Meka interpreted it. 

She also got on my nerves by basically making fun of him cooking, and having the frying pan and spatula on the stove although I did think having the trash can by the door was weird.   In any event, it's his place and she showed no respect for how he lived.  Plus, I wonder how great of a cook she is.

Michael seems nice but he strikes me as kind of a man baby being raised around women, so Meka was definitely not a good match.  I think he started crying because he's fed up with the whole process and Meka scares the shit out of him.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I love how Zack even made Mindy being pretty and smart all about him . He was like “ I can see why I was matched with you because you’re pretty , smart , etc “ .. and all I could think was .. that’s what you think YOU’RE deserving of . 

I would never want to be matched with a conventionally hot guy ( He’s not my type but I think most people would think he’s good looking off the bat.) Set me you with an Austin any day of the week over this guy who thinks he’s the prettiest guy in the world .

i love Derek but I do think it’s very immature to put a time on when you can fall in love with someone . Not everyone falls in love at 6 months or a year . Why can’t it just happen when you feel it ? 

Well if he has never been in love Derrick is probably just saying how long he thinks it would take someone to fall in love. He has no frame of reference. I did that when I was young and had never been in love. I would think, "Okay by six months in we should be here and doing this, and meeting the parents by this date.." I had no clue what to expect when I had my first boyfriend . I am a person that has a bad habit of setting short term and long term goals constantly and I even make daily agendas. I can see where Derrick's mind is here. I don't think it was meant as an insult, nor do I think he is pulling a Mike "We need to be in love/have sex by such and such date". I think he has never been in love and there is just no set timeframe for that. But he will learn. We all do. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

This show...

Brandon’s bullshit word is absolutely. Zach’s is genuinely. 

Free Michael at this point. After the spice/cooking conversation I realized that Meka is one of those people that hold you to your EXACT wording. Because Michael said he doesn’t cook she took that to mean he doesn’t cook anything at all ever. So when he suggested buying spices she was questioning what the hell he wanted them for. I can imagine that she took something he said on the plane the wrong way but she cannot ever be wrong so she’s standing by her interpretation. She is EXTREMELY critical. Much worse than Jasmine and that ain’t a good look. How in the world does she think she could be a CEO with those micromanaging standards? Hostile work environment lawsuits waiting to happen. 

It's just indicative to me why she needed this show to find a spouse.  A real person on the 'outside' wouldn't last a week with this person.

11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Those apartments are quite austere for lack of a better word. 

That may be to keep the apartments from distracting from the drama - this isn't HGTV, f'rinstance.  Otherwise, the show may be looking to provide a blank canvas for the couples that they might personalize their space to their own tastes.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Zack is telling "Pastor" Cal the truth.  If it ain't there, it ain't there.

Aaaannnd Zach just folded.

I think Zach seriously believed he'd be allowed to stay on the show and in his own house if "Pastor" Cal swallowed his rambling BS. Cal asked Zach, point blank, if he wanted to continue in the marriage, and you could see in Zach's face that there was a possibility that they'd let him cut ties, but he'd not be on TV anymore. Then he said, "Sure." I mean, seriously..."How do I know I'll miss you if I'm always with you?" is what a guy says when he's not invested.

Mindy? Girl wants to be married. Period. So she's doing everything production is telling her, even if she's not happy about it, with the hope that this marriage will happen. She is waiting for Zach to definitively say he wants out, so that she doesn't look like the one giving up. That's why she moved into the apartment. No skin off her nose, until Zach caves, moves in, and decides to work all the time and sleep in the other bedroom...and then completely check out during the BS homework they're going to be given. All that, of course, will make Mindy freak out and seem/act more desperate than she is now. OK...I'll stop rambling now. 😀

Edited by Captain Asshat
Excessive usage of quotation marks.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm willing to catch it for this, but, Jessica got on my nerves last night too. I know Austin wanted a 'strong' woman but she's steamrolling him a bit. His responses were so compliant, I was expecting a "Yes, Dear, of course, Dear, anything you say, Dear." She's warned him so is all ready to be her punching bag when she needs one. Austin may want to suit up, because Jessica is anything but the 'quirky weirdo' she'd like to think she is- she's just as uptight & critical in her ways as Meka IMO, but just puts a brighter face on it. I don't think she's particularly attractive either; she appears older than him with a more severe look. Austin should age well, provided being a punching bag for the rest of his life doesn't wear too thin.

At this point in the show the only one not annoying me in some way is Austin. He was adorkable on Unfiltered with his somewhat ill fitting shirt with one button popping a bit.  As a fellow curly I'm even liking his hair (or maybe it's commiserating). Jessica better damn well be nice to him because so far it looks like she's the lucky one this season.

Whew; that felt good. I'll take the tomatoes now & won't even duck. 😉

What a shit season.

I’m starting to feel the same as you, about Jessica.  She made his bed and dug around in all his stuff.  She seems the type to flip out if you don’t wipe the sink dry after you wash your hands.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

You know, I think you've got it right about Meka.  God forbid you should say something the wrong way because she will never let you forget it.  I'm beginning to believe Michael when he said he had "expectations" of having sex on the honeymoon, but I don't think he meant "if there's no sex on the honeymoon I'm kicking you to the curb" the way Meka interpreted it. 

She also got on my nerves by basically making fun of him cooking, and having the frying pan and spatula on the stove although I did think having the trash can by the door was weird.   In any event, it's his place and she showed no respect for how he lived.  Plus, I wonder how great of a cook she is.

Michael seems nice but he strikes me as kind of a man baby being raised around women, so Meka was definitely not a good match.  I think he started crying because he's fed up with the whole process and Meka scares the shit out of him.  

I really do agree with you about everything you said here - HOWEVER, if that's true about what Michael said, why can't he just say it? Why is he being so weirdly secretive about what words he really said to her? She said she can accept that perhaps he misspoke and gave him the chance to explain what he really meant in that moment - and he flat out refused. If someone misinterprets me, I'm gonna set the record straight IMMEDIATELY, not just keep denying I said it.

26 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Forgot to mention Katie’s accidental pregnancy comment. If it doesn’t “accidentally” happen? Run, Derek. 

I have a friend whose girlfriend (now wife, under duress) "forgot" to take her pill three times and they magically have three kids. My dumbass friend seemed shocked when I told him she totally did it on purpose. I am glad Derek was appalled at the idea of "accidental" pregnancy. I hope that means he'll be wrapping it up if they continue to have sex.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I really do agree with you about everything you said here - HOWEVER, if that's true about what Michael said, why can't he just say it? Why is he being so weirdly secretive about what words he really said to her? She said she can accept that perhaps he misspoke and gave him the chance to explain what he really meant in that moment - and he flat out refused. If someone misinterprets me, I'm gonna set the record straight IMMEDIATELY, not just keep denying I said it.

I have a friend whose girlfriend (now wife, under duress) "forgot" to take her pill three times and they magically have three kids. My dumbass friend seemed shocked when I told him she totally did it on purpose. I am glad Derek was appalled at the idea of "accidental" pregnancy. I hope that means he'll be wrapping it up if they continue to have sex.

Oh he probably said it, but because of his job, he will never admit it on camera. It would be predatory in nature to a lot of his student's parents that watch. If he in fact, did say such a thing. Just my two cents. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm willing to catch it for this, but, Jessica got on my nerves last night too. I know Austin wanted a 'strong' woman but she's steamrolling him a bit. His responses were so compliant, I was expecting a "Yes, Dear, of course, Dear, anything you say, Dear." She's warned him so is all ready to be her punching bag when she needs one. Austin may want to suit up, because Jessica is anything but the 'quirky weirdo' she'd like to think she is- she's just as uptight & critical in her ways as Meka IMO, but just puts a brighter face on it. I don't think she's particularly attractive either; she appears older than him with a more severe look. Austin should age well, provided being a punching bag for the rest of his life doesn't wear too thin.

I agree, Jessica is starting to act like his mama, and even moreso since she makes more money than he does.  Since he's a mama's boy anyway, maybe he doesn't mind right now, but I can see him getting tired of it down the road.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Oh he probably said it, but because of his job, he will never admit it on camera. It would be predatory in nature to a lot of his student's parents that watch. If he in fact, did say such a thing. Just my two cents. 

You're so right. That's probably why he was crying, too. He finally got his dream job and he's terrified that something dumb he said on this stupid show could ruin it for him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

But he DID say it.  He admitted saying there was an "expectation" of having sex on the honeymoon.  Why would he admit to something he didn't say?  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

But he DID say it.  He admitted saying there was an "expectation" of having sex on the honeymoon.  Why would he admit to something he didn't say?  

I think that where they disagree is whether Michael did or did not have an ultimatum along with the expectation.  I think Michael does not stand up for himself or try to disagree because he senses he's out of his league with Meka's arguing skills.  He knows that no matter what he says at this point she will steamroll over it to make him wrong, wrong, WRONG! 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not even sure I'll watch that much of the next episode because I don't give a rat's ass about their families.

Oh geeze .. now the families?  Let’s just call it a day.  We already know only one couple will make it.  Austin and what’s her name.

I still think the producers are messing with us.  I think their new approach to this show is "have the most dramatic season ever" and the couples stay together.

Did anyone ever think Jamie and Elizabeth would stay together during all their drama?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I missed any episodes before the actual weddings.  I think I see two episodes...is that where the above examples are from, or is it promos and snippets at the show's website, or soap websites?

All from televised episodes.

Thanks!  I'll FF through them especially to find 'Pastor' Cal asking will Zach be attracted to Mindy.  Of course, due to filming TH's he might have said this way after problems developed and they just edited it in.

Michael gives me some Kanye West type vibe. Good insight above with denial of sex pressure off cam due to his teaching career. Meeka is a tough egg to crack though. She rarely smiles and seems all business. A strange and hard to please character.

Agree also Jess is steamrolling Austin a bit. It'll only get worse with her making more $$ than him, based on my life observations. I hate to say it but despite this "woke" society, women making more than men still get a bit peeved when they do surpass their mates. Bobby was a gem indeed- professing it doesn't bug him at all that Danielle makes more than him. He has his own home and is a saver & it's fine with him. He's not lazy by any stretch either.  *That* is real woke imo. 

Zach- what the hell are you always babbling about?! You make zero sense! Just say it and we'll hate you less..."Mindy smells bad! She had greasy hair and rancid breath!" Anyone notice in bed on the honeymoon, Zach looked like he was always distancing himself and covering his face from smiling Mindy? Like he was recoiling from her touch but when she wasn't even touching him. He's a fame seeker trying for exposure.  Miss her, Zach? You don't even *know* her to miss her! She truly did need to wash her hair at the Cal meeting.  Oil city! 

Katie & Derek: everyone already said it so I'll spare rehashing the same opinion. Immature.

Brandon has issues. Deep issues. I said to Mr. KDawg that he needed therapy BEFORE being married. Now they're just saddling this poor woman with a lemon. Run away Taylor.  Run far away. Get with Jephte's brother as he kindly offered on couple's couch. Good stock with that family.  The way Brandon burst into that room with flowers was sociopathic. He needed to get his head down and shoulders slumped and speak in a subordinate tone after what he pulled. A**ho*e. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

So they are all on the same bus from the Panama hotel to the airport, on the same flight to DC, and then bused to the same apartment complex.  Is this right?

Then what happens to Brandon and Zach? They don't get on the bus to the apartments and take Uber back to their homes as the camera crew and producers watch??

We were totally left hanging from last episode, especially about Brandon cursing all the way to the airport, and his going missing in DC.  The cameramen and editors did us a disservice.  Coudl have had half the show or least 2 minutes as those a'holes wandered off yelling OR quiet.

• Love 5

First I'll give some credit to the folks who put this show together, its come a long way since it first began and they have done several things to increase the chance for success. Giving them a neutral place to live, getting the couples to really talk about what marriage entails and getting them to discuss finances and children. However, no matter what they do its still a situation with a built in excuse to fail...I didn't choose him or her. They're still suspect motives of why people do this. 

Zach and Mindy,

There is no comprehending Zach's ramblings. They are just a smoke screen. He is married but doesn't want to be, Mindy isn't the woman of his dreams but I'm sure she is some man's dream woman. She will make some man a wonderful wife...just not Zach. Yes she should go home there is no giving a second chance because he never gave it a first chance. Its painfully obvious he wants out his ramblings aside.

Austin and Jessica

They already look like a couple married for several years. I'm sure they'll have their battles but I think they're committed.

Brandon and Taylor

Brandon needs serious help more than Pastor Cal or any expert can help.

Meka and Michael

Its probably not a coincidence that people who are willing to do this carry serious baggage. Michael seems to have a storage room full.

Katie and Derek

I agree with Pastor Cal... falling in love is an emotional infatuation with someone that lasts as long as those over the top head over heels floating on clouds feelings last. But they don't last because no one can operate in the real world on such an emotional jag. Real love is a decision to commit to someone and put them equal or above yourself. The problem with falling in love is people can just as easily fall out of love and then they think the reason for marriage is over.

19 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I still think the producers are messing with us.  I think their new approach to this show is "have the most dramatic season ever" and the couples stay together.

Did anyone ever think Jamie and Elizabeth would stay together during all their drama?

No I didn't think they'd make it to the end of the show...it should give all couples hope.

• Love 8

If Mindy is looking for any sympathy by moving in alone, she isn't getting any from me.

I don't know that she is looking for sympathy but I give her credit for this -she knew what she was signing up for and she's living up to the commitment. She got married, she went on a honeymoon and now she is living in the apartment for the newlyweds. Zach knew what the gig was when he agreed to do it and now he wants out but he still wants screen time. He's a tool and I can't stand him. 

I think that where they disagree is whether Michael did or did not have an ultimatum along with the expectation.  I think Michael does not stand up for himself or try to disagree because he senses he's out of his league with Meka's arguing skills.  He knows that no matter what he says at this point she will steamroll over it to make him wrong, wrong, WRONG! 

I think that Meka is exhausting. She will never admit that there is even a possibility that Michael didn't say what she insists he said or that she could have heard something different from what he said. Bottom line -there wasn't an ultimatum because they didn't have sex on the honeymoon and he's still in the marriage. Jesus Meka -let it go and stop nitpicking.

I like Michael a lot actually. I think that he has had a lot of difficulty in his life and he's working through it while also giving back to kids who have similar struggles. I think he's a good guy and I was really hopeful that he would be matched with someone loving and nurturing. I don't see any of that in Meka. 

I like Austin and Jessica. They both seem pretty genuine and I think they are a good match. They seem to have fun together and to understand one another. I like the way they joke and banter with one another. I have hope for them.

• Love 13

So Brandon storms out the DC airport and goes home. Taylor goes solo to the apartment complex.

The next day he shows up at the apartment complex. How did even know where it was? Good thing he could find a florist along the way...…….

Are the producers just handing these people scripts or is this stuff real?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Michael's crying is reminiscent of Headboardless Tristan's waterworks.....

Michael, repeat ...Yes, Meka I did say I expected to have sex on the honeymoon for us to go forward.

Yes, I did tell your father that you would be the one to set the timeline. However, on the plane I was riding high and was hoping that you were feeling the same as me,  hopeful for an acceleration of your timeline. I stupidly said that I expected us to agree to have sex during the honeymoon. I can see how that goes against everything I promised your parents.

That's all Meka has to hear but she wants it documented...on camera...

His stubborn and persistent refusal to own up is the deal breaker for Meka, she made that clear in Panama.

Michael could have nipped it in the bud the first day in Panama but didn't.

She will not be labeled a liar.

Michael underestimated Meka's unwillingness to let him slide...

Meka has her heels dug in and will not capitulate...his word against hers.

Back in DC, Pastor Cal and Meka confronting Michael causes him to squirt hot tears with eyes closed...

He haltingly, tepidly, and meekly admitted to a variation of what was said while they were sitting in Economy Class winging it to Panama.

Michael thinks that is enough of an apology and it might be if he was married to ANYONE else but Meka.....

Michael read the room...Meka will not accept anything less than a full confession....verbatim...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

UO, but I actually liked Cal last night.  I’ve given all the “experts” shit over the years because of their idiocy.  I thought Cal asked good questions, got the couples talking, and had a healthy dose of skepticism about Brandon and Zach’s BS.  At the end of the day, if both people insist on staying in the marriage he is going to give them advice about how to move forward (obviously as long as there isn’t any form of abuse happening in the marriage.  I thought Luke was toxic and emotionally abusive of Kate and the experts should’ve helped her get out of that marriage asap).

Watching Pastor Cal last night made me think that these experts really aren't allowed to do anything.  I saw Cal giving Taylor an out, he gave Zach and Mindy an out, but they wanted to stay.

I don't get that the experts should have helped Kate.  What were they supposed to do?  It's the same in the real world.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.  You can tell a person you think their spouse is abusive but if they want to stay, you're really powerless to do anything, they are an adult, not a child.  I would NEVER have stayed with Brandon.  I don't know if he has unprocessed trauma because of his brother's murder (seems like everybody forgets about that...which is why people never get to process trauma), but something's not right about him.  It wasn't that he got angry, it was the WAY he got angry, the way he lashed out at Taylor.  I think the producers probably told Taylor to pack Brandon's bags, they might have even helped her.  Why?  Because the show didn't want to be held libel for what could happen if everybody left and Brandon was stuck in Panama.  

The reality is that for whatever reason Mindy, Taylor, Brandon and Zach want to continue.  Some people say, it's because of the money, or because they don't want to get a bad edit, maybe that is true, but it's also true that people stay in toxic situations even if they're not on a reality show.

One more thing, I don't believe that Michael said what he said to Meka on the plane, because Meka really didn't seem too upset with him.  I mean if someone gave me an ultimatum, I'd be pretty upset for a while.  Maybe the fact that Michael makes so much more than Meka sweetened the pot, not going to hate on her, lots of folks believe in hypergamy.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Jessica’s a bossypants.

She is more like Dallas Amber with the over abundance of the clothes, shoes...and could use a few makeup tips from our bleached blond friend...

Austin...you are a more than tolerate dude but Jess will be using you as her punching bag so get ready. You are so likable, dammit.

I like Danger Derek...drawer full of cash...welding his toy Glock with the orange tip markered black...

But if you pull a fake gun on someone there is a good chance the gun getting pointed back is real with real bullets... a baseball bat or hockey stick is a better weapon when creeping around your house in the dark...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I bet you he and Meka discussed sex, or he made a small comment like he "expected" (HOPED!) to have sex before the honeymoon was out.  And she then went off on him, for an hour, and he was trapped on the plane!  The guy's got PTSD!

And his style is not to confront, too.  Sheesh.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree, Jessica is starting to act like his mama, and even moreso since she makes more money than he does. 

Jessica is a "patient care manager" and he's an aspiring network technician.  Not sure of these people's salaries at all, had to seach some.  Patient care manager according to google searches averages $68k, so what is he making 40K as a newbie?  In Washington DC, he ought to get to $120k+ within a year or two.  She seemed to imply "so much more" like she made 100k+.  So any details?

Edited by MajorNelson
typo - 100k!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Jessica is a "patient care manager" and he's an aspiring network technician.  Not sure of these people's salaries at all, had to seach some.  Patient care manager according to google searches averages $68k, so what is he making 40K as a newbie?  In Washington DC, he ought to get to $120k+ within a year or two.  She seemed to imply "so much more" like she made 00k+.  So any details?

Jessica's a nurse and has probably been one for at least 10 years or so given that she is 32. My niece, fresh out with her Bachelors in Nursing got a nursing job in Manhattan, NY in a prestigious hospital with a starting salary of close to 100K. I'm sure that nurses in D. C. make decent money and I'd think that Jessica would probably be making more than 68K, especially if she has a Master's degree. and has worked about 10 years or so in her field.

Edited by ECM1231
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm sure that nurses in D. C. make decent money and I'd think that Jessica would probably be making more than 68K, especially if she has a Master's degree. and has worked about 10 years or so in her field.

According to her LinkedIn page, she will get her MSN in 2020.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

H

35 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

hypergamy.

I had to Google this one.  Never heard of the term. Kind of figured it out from context but it's always good to 'increase your word power' (tm Reader's Digest).

Fwiw, I was more upset with Jessica's disappointment that Austin made significant less money than she (she's in a high paying profession, at least around these parts) than I was with Meka saying she was glad Michael made more than she. Meka seems to be doing okay for herself, what with her being 25 and having her own place and by her own admission makes a pretty good salary for someone her age. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

He said the first part, but not the second.  He doesn't want to look like an ass on tv.

But yet he DOES look like an ass.  There have been plenty of participants on this show that have not been attracted to their spouse and just played out the time and NOT looked like an ass.  You can still say it in a better way and make an attempt to form a friendship. It's not all about him!  Do they still get paid if they quit or refuse to be filmed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I like Danger Derek...drawer full of cash...welding his toy Glock with the orange tip markered black...

It still say that was producer planted. 

Why all the drawer openings? All of them did it and didn't seem to be so much of it in past seasons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Oh FFS I wish Zach would just say he doesn't have it for her & he's done.

You and I wish! But Zach is probably seeing his "Mr. Nice Guy Who Owns a Fitness Center" image going down the commode with every minute of conversation with her, Pastor Cal, the guys, the camera,...... He must really dislike Mindy's friends!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4

Zach... you don't want Mindy or Mandy as you Freudian slipped your wife's name, then time to exit stage left....

No more shirtless shots of your bouffant lazing with your pups in your rumpled bed...no more vignettes showing you being a good dog dad to soften and rehabilitate your asshat reputation. You are unlikable.

Mindy, the audience is tired of your pity parties fueled by goblets of wine (FYI, red wine will stain those veneers...get a wine straw or switch to white or rose).

Time to call your parents and hear their I told you so....about your stranger marriage.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14