Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: The Hamptons Hangover

• Start Topic

I don't think the Tre was faking it when she realized she didn't have the documents with her.  She was on the phone explaining her day...then she mentally thought about the procedure to get in and BAM, she realized she didn't have the documents.  I don't think this was staged or fake - granted, she's not a rocket scientist, but to what end would she do this on TV?  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bencr said:

To me it seemed like a Freudian slip. And, if it is, it is perfectly understandable given the way Joe has been treating he.

(Oops. Sorry Baltimore Betty. I didn't see that you had posted the same observation when I posted this.)

Great minds think alike, lol!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am so Team Dolores on this one.  I wish Jennifer hadn’t interrupted Melissa when Teresa asked Melissa why she called her ignorant.  Of course Teresa is ignorant.  She is likely the most ignorant person ever cast on any Housewives franchise.  But...justify calling Teresa to her face when she’s not saying or doing anything wrong, Melissa.  And then turn around and basically invokes the Sister In Law Blood Loyalty Compact that Teresa stupidly invokes from time to time.  Teresa is not the only woman in that family who holds grudges; that much is obvious.

Melissa has done this 100 times this season alone. Constantly going on about how "If I did what Tre just did, it would be WWIII!"

Well, Melissa, you insulted the entire table trying to defend your friend (uncalled for), and you called your SIL ignorant to her face. I'd have left your dumb ass too. Jackie isn't "winning" while everyone else is "losing." Jackie chooses to spend her money how she wants, and that's her right. As it's Jen's  right to spend lavishly. Or Tre's right to spend tons on legal fees to keep her kids' dad in the country. Or Mel's right to spend JoeGo's hard-earned funds on vanity projects like a singing career, a restaurant, a boutique... I could go on.

Team Delores as usual. She got it - Jen was out of line, but then somehow Mel insulted the whole table, escalated everything, openly insulted Teresa, and is playing the victim. Sorry, Mel, you're still a piece of shit and I see you clearly.

Jen really should not have gone at Jackie about her spending - but lo and behold, Bravo was on it with the footage of last year. If Jackie feels totally entitled to write a PUBLIC ARTICLE criticizing Jen's spending, then Jen should feel free to question Jackie's cheapness in a closed-group setting. Pick a lane, Jackie - you're not above everyone here, despite your attitude of total superiority, which I do recognize and find utterly intolerable.

Oh and Jackie, get this memo too: If you don't eat, people will comment on it. You simply saying "Don't talk about my eating" or "Don't say I don't eat" doesn't make your lack of food consumption any less true.  Marge was trying to defend you, but Marge was right on the money. Jackie might be able to force herself to eat some things, but it's a struggle and it's obvious. Bravo has shown us such instances in each episode. Jackie has overcome the worst part of a horrible disease, but it's a slippery slope and, like any addict, she is quick to jump on the offense as the best defense when anyone questions her.

She reminds me a lot of Jules from RHNYC. You can tell she's counting calories every second and trying not to eat. She's come a long way and no one is trying to take that from her, but it's still not healthy, and these behaviors shouldn't be painted as acceptable just so Jackie is never called on the carpet for anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I'm just gonna respond to this one part of your post.......A birthday party is just a play date with gifts  tho when it comes down to it... the party was for her son not for the parents not for the other kids for her son... her son wanted pizza and to have fun she gave her son pizza and it looked like he was having fun... that should be all that matters

I'm not even understanding parties for kids in which adults attend - unless it is some kind of rite of passage party like a Quinceañera, Bar or Bas Mitzvah or maybe a particularly lavish Sweet 16. My BFF and I would attend parties but that was because we helped each other with the logistics and not because we were "guests".

But even for those types of rite of passage parties, the adults attending are friends of the parents and not the kids - i.e. I attend my friends' important party just as I might attend my friend's kid's wedding but I wouldn't attend a party in which my kid is a friend of the kid. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Oh and Jackie, get this memo too: If you don't eat, people will comment on it. You simply saying "Don't talk about my eating" or "Don't say I don't eat" doesn't make your lack of food consumption any less true.  Marge was trying to defend you, but Marge was right on the money. Jackie might be able to force herself to eat some things, but it's a struggle and it's obvious.

9 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

She's come a long way and no one is trying to take that from her, but it's still not healthy, and these behaviors shouldn't be painted as acceptable just so Jackie is never called on the carpet for anything. 

It also doesn't make it anyone else's business but Jackie's. It's not wrong of her to establish and keep boundaries with her friends. She has shared her story with her friends and asked them, respectfully, to not comment because it is upsetting for her. She's obviously conscious of the problem every waking hour of the day, she doesn't also need to be triggered other people's conversations about it. If you want to have an earnest conversation with your friend about concerns for her health, do that one on one and maybe you'll find out there's more to the story without making your friend have to explain herself to an entire group of people who are not in her inner circle. It's not about holding her responsible, that's not your job. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I can’t see her doing that to her daughters who wanted to see their dad 🤷‍♀️. Plus I don’t think a box of hair would have acting skills!

Jennifer is so jealous of Jackie...now.
Before discovering Jackie’s level of wealth I think Jennifer was able to feel equal enough to Jackie, if not superior. If Jackie had intelligence at least Jennifer had more money, which (excuse the pun) is her currency. Well now Jackie has more intelligence and way more money Jennifer has nothing to back up any sense of superiority she desperately prefers to have over everyone. IMO obviously!

And, if God forbid, Jackie and Evan broke up, Jackie could still maintain their lifestyle because she also brought wealth to the marriage and is an attorney. Doofus Jennifer would have to accept whatever scraps her husband decided to throw at her. For all she knows, he could have some off-shore accounts. She needs to check herself. I bet her husband told her what a mess she is when she got home.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

It also doesn't make it anyone else's business but Jackie's. It's not wrong of her to establish and keep boundaries with her friends. She has shared her story with her friends and asked them, respectfully, to not comment because it is upsetting for her. She's obviously conscious of the problem every waking hour of the day, she doesn't also need to be triggered other people's conversations about it. If you want to have an earnest conversation with your friend about concerns for her health, do that one on one and maybe you'll find out there's more to the story without making your friend have to explain herself to an entire group of people who are not in her inner circle. It's not about holding her responsible, that's not your job. 

So in real life I'd agree with you, but in this context, I must respectfully disagree. Jackie put herself on a reality show on national TV. She put her eating disorder out there for comment as part of a storyline. So now it's out there. Just like Tre's legal and marital issues are out there for comment.

And I must say, I do think everyone has walked on eggshells and been respectful of her. Marge was being as compassionate as humanly possible. 

Let's be honest - this isn't about friendships and inner circles. These people are filming a TV show. Either it's a storyline or it's not. Jackie made it part of her thread on the show. So we and her co-workers will comment on it. Christ, people were ten times nastier to Rinna and Jules and even Taylor Armstrong than they have been to Jackie. If you don't want it talked about, get off TV.

• Love 8

I’d rather eat pizza from a box at one of her houses than step foot in Jennifer’s McMansion. 

I dunno, if she's serving Levantine cuisine, that might tip the scales in Jenn's favor. Unless the pizza came straight from Italy...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I can’t see her doing that to her daughters who wanted to see their dad 🤷‍♀️. Plus I don’t think a box of hair would have acting skills!

Jennifer is so jealous of Jackie...now.
Before discovering Jackie’s level of wealth I think Jennifer was able to feel equal enough to Jackie, if not superior. If Jackie had intelligence at least Jennifer had more money, which (excuse the pun) is her currency. Well now Jackie has more intelligence and way more money Jennifer has nothing to back up any sense of superiority she desperately prefers to have over everyone. IMO obviously!

Exactly! Poor little Jennifer's world was rocked when she found out Jackie had money, and money is everything to her. You could see her imploding as it sunk in. She's so vapid and hungry for attention. And although I know Deloris hates Jackie I was a little surprised that she took Jen's side over Melissa. Guess she was insulted that Melissa said Jackie was smart for saving money and took it to mean she was saying the others were dumb (which they are) Regardless, where's that loyalty D? Melissa is like family, right?

• Love 11

Did the two Joe's really try to fix up that disgusting old Frank with the adorable 20 something waitress? Disgusting. 

I feel for Margaret with her mother situation. However, she's in her 50's and Marge is 73 so let it go, it's not gonna change. Marge was clearly a shitty mother and I'm surprised they have a relationship at all but bringing it up on camera is not the way to handle it. 

How weird for Dolores to call Frank to tell him about her trip and not call David. Why doesn't Frank have a woman of his own? 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Either it's a storyline or it's not. Jackie made it part of her thread on the show. So we and her co-workers will comment on it.

I don't think Jackie's issue is she doesn't want to talk about her eating disorder. She's proven that she's up for the conversation, she's just asking people not to say she doesn't eat because it's a trigger for her. Is it that different from Tre having people refer to prison as Camp? I actually thing Marge handled it perfectly, I have no issue with that aspect of this, what I disagree with fundamentally is that it's the responsibility of any these hos to hold Jackie accountable for something she's doing to herself with zero impact on the other women. It's not like she's baking a fork in community calzone or throwing salt or dirty napkins on top of the other womens' food. She orders food at all group meals and presumably she eats some portion of it. It may not be the standard amount for "healthy" but I would imagine it's a lifelong struggle for her. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I feel for Margaret with her mother situation. However, she's in her 50's and Marge is 73 so let it go, it's not gonna change. Marge was clearly a shitty mother and I'm surprised they have a relationship at all but bringing it up on camera is not the way to handle it. 

I am 40 here and I still deal with Issues with my mother from when I was younger she will say and do certain things that will just push a button about my childhood ... I still talk to the woman but i get it ... When your parent tries to whitewash their history with you and make it seem like something that it clearly wasn't or tries to brush your feelings about things aside like it doesn't matter it brings up all those old feelings... its not something that you can just get over esp when its a parent.  you deal with it the best you can and try to move forward .. i think the fact that she isn't holding herself accountable for what she did has a shitty parent is whats getting to Margret .. she just wants to know that her mother validates what she went through and her mother clearly doesn't seem to give a shit  ....its kinda like Brawnyns mother on OC who threw her child to the wolves to live a carefree life when she was a child and talks like she was the best mother that ever lived while brushing off her daughters fucked up upbringing 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Right? shes acting like shes got it like that and yes while she might have money I'm positive shes not so loaded that she can just do this all the time and not end up in debt eventually... it doesn't seem like she has any investments to speak of so her money isn't making money for her shes just throwing it into the wind.... Again she can spend her money any way her and her husband sees fit but it just comes across has financially irresponsible... just ask Taylor from BH ... Listening to Jenn talk it also comes across as she isn't spending the money out of love for her daughter/kids shes doing it to impress other parents/people so her argument that she is the better parent because she throws these lavish 150k/200k parties is moot cause shes not doing it for her kids shes doing it for her own ego and the adulation of the parents not her kids who is the whole reason for the freaking party in the first place   ....

I'm glad you mentioned Taylor, because she is exactly who came to mind. She threw ridiculous over the top parties for Kennedy, and that little girl was miserable at all of them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

i think the fact that she isn't holding herself accountable for what she did has a shitty parent is whats getting to Margret .. she just wants to know that her mother validates what she went through and her mother clearly doesn't seem to give a shit  ....

Oh, I totally get it. I just don't think re-hashing it on camera over and over again is appropriate. Marge, Sr. is clearly not ever going to get it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, escape said:

As the other women have said, Jenn is also very generous. Margaret said that Jackie is a very private person.  Then why is she on a reality TV show???  There was like zero effort put into that birthday party.  She just doesn't come off as a very nurturing person.  And her poor husband rarely even speaks. 

And Jennifer doesn't do anything about her daughter being bullied...that's nurturing? Buying your kids tons of toys and gadgets is nurturing? Maybe spending some time with grooming your kids and dressing them in some decent clothes...or going to the school to advocate for your bullied daughter? Actually, I think Jennifer throwing the plate and yelling profanity made me think that she is a bully and her behavior is something her daughter knows and is being recreated at school with younger versions of her mom.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, politichick said:

And, if God forbid, Jackie and Evan broke up, Jackie could still maintain their lifestyle because she also brought wealth to the marriage and is an attorney. Doofus Jennifer would have to accept whatever scraps her husband decided to throw at her. For all she knows, he could have some off-shore accounts. She needs to check herself. I bet her husband told her what a mess she is when she got home.

That's wishful thinking that her blouse of a hubby would say anything negative to her...the most he ever did was tell her she spoils the kids with endless toys, money and other stuff. Other than that, he's pretty much a pussy.

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, kicksave said:

That's wishful thinking that her blouse of a hubby would say anything negative to her...the most he ever did was tell her she spoils the kids with endless toys, money and other stuff. Other than that, he's pretty much a pussy.

Yeah I am pretty sure he has similar ideas about using money to show off as Jennifer. He was gleefully sitting their helping her check out the Zillow listings near Jackie’s house.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have 4 children and have done simple birthday parties and more elaborate parties. I don’t think I would have been as polite as Jackie was in response to Jennifer’s criticism. At first I thought Jennifer should never be invited to any events at Jackie’s again, but it is wayyyy too much fun to see her jealous rage simmering under the surface! 

I think Nonna Gorga was making beef tripe- not octopus. 🤢

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The latest Chanel location: Jennifer's phone case.  By this time, "Spot The Chanel" has become my own personal entertainment.

And oh, dear God, the octopus.  I was so not expecting to see an octopus carcass being lowered into a pot of boiling water while I caught up on the episode over breakfast.  That was sort of an appetite-killer.

• Love 3

I don't think Jackie's issue is she doesn't want to talk about her eating disorder. She's proven that she's up for the conversation, she's just asking people not to say she doesn't eat because it's a trigger for her. Is it that different from Tre having people refer to prison as Camp? I actually thing Marge handled it perfectly, I have no issue with that aspect of this, what I disagree with fundamentally is that it's the responsibility of any these hos to hold Jackie accountable for something she's doing to herself with zero impact on the other women. It's not like she's baking a fork in community calzone or throwing salt or dirty napkins on top of the other womens' food. She orders food at all group meals and presumably she eats some portion of it. It may not be the standard amount for "healthy" but I would imagine it's a lifelong struggle for her. 

And maybe it's just plain annoying, if not a trigger. I never had an eating disorder but I was plenty annoyed at being told to "eat a sandwich" or asked "do you, like, even evarrrr eeeeeat?!" throughout a large part of my adult life (much of which was spent ordering fast food, thank you!). 

As for "camp," many prisons have "camp" in their names or a section's name and are referred to as such, Teresa's included, I believe. It's really not an affectation to call it that; people who work there do.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

can they not just copy and fax the documents? 

You have to present original documentations for any situation in which proof of identity is required. Not that I have visited anyone in ICE lockup, but I have had to prove my identity officially for other things and it needs to be the original.

• Love 2

Gia should be able to visit Joe because I assuming she has her drivers license and is in charge of it. I hope Teresa didn’t do it on purpose, I could totally understand her not wanting to visit him but not allowing Milania to is super shitty.

• Love 1

My only takeaway from Dolores basically ignoring Jen’s dish throwing to be more offended by Melissa is that hit dogs will holler.

Tre, Mel, Margaret and yes, Dolores would all take a financial hit if the show were cancelled tomorrow. And if something happened to Bill, Jen would also be SOL because she likes to spend spend spend. And it’s not because of a generous heart. It’s because she’s a show off and likes to one up people to feel good about herself.

Sad.

Edited by brillia79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

These people are filming a TV show. Either it's a storyline or it's not. Jackie made it part of her thread on the show. So we and her co-workers will comment on it. Christ, people were ten times nastier to Rinna and Jules and even Taylor Armstrong than they have been to Jackie. If you don't want it talked about, get off TV.

I know this post I quoted is about the eating disorder, and I do agree that if it’s Jackie’s storyline, it’s fair game.  I don’t think it’s all that interesting, but if other people do, they should talk about it to drive a story.  But mostly I agree with the logic of what you’re saying and I think it applies to the kids’ parties.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with serving kids pizza.  In fact, I think it’s great that Jackie didn’t have a different meal for each kid, because Johnny is gluten-free, and Mary can’t have dairy...I hate how that newfangled shit has begun to dominate the culture.  But I really don’t think that pizza was ever the point.  

I have been liking Jackie, but I do think that Jackie is working from a set of blueprints about how she wants to appear on the show, and if I see something is calculated, I call it out.  I think the overall atmosphere of the kids’ birthday party was underwhelming.  It was a party for two of her kids, not one.  And it was being filmed for a TV show that she is on about women who are supposed to have aspirational lifestyles.  So, yes, to sort of serve pizza right out of a box and throw a box of Amazon shit on the driveway seems like it was done intentionally, as a way to say, “hey, look how down to earth I am!”  And I wouldn’t think one thing was wrong with that if that was all it had been.  I defended Jackie against Jennifer at the time and I said Jackie’s party was technically more popular, because it made it to air, while Jennifer only got flashbacks.  So the party in and of itself was fine, even if I thought it was calculated.  What starts to gnaw at me is that it was apparently just the one of the one-two punch.  

The two of the one-two punch was for Jackie to casually mention that she has this place in Westhampton Beach, and, oh yeah, she has family money, and, oh yeah, Evan had to sign a prenup because there’s a lot of family money, with a casual shrug, like doesn’t everyone do this?  But then—God forbid—when someone starts pressing her, Jackie demures.  If you don’t want to talk about your money, don’t talk about your money.  It’s that simple.  I’m much “richer” comparatively than many of my work colleagues, and you know what I never talk about?  That fact.  Because it’s tacky.  If you are on a TV show about money (which it is; they used to put the price tags up on the screen in early seasons and everything), and you do talk about your money, then don’t get on the phone with your husband and say, “Jennifer’s been asking about our money!  Well I never...” and break out the vapors.  That’s inconsistent to me.

And Jennifer brought it way too far!  You don’t throw something at someone in a restaurant, unless it’s water and they’re on fire.  That was completely shitty behavior.  But I don’t care about Jennifer.  She acted like an asshole.  It’s not that interesting.  

What I care about more is how Melissa played right into Jackie’s hands by shouting, “winning!  Winning!” about Jackie at the expense of all of the other women at the table (except Margaret, who got left out of it, because she’s legit broke).  Like I said last week, Melissa hasn’t seen Jackie’s or Dolores’s financial portfolios, so it’s very rude and crude to say something like that at a table in mixed company.  If she wants to talk about herself, and how broke she is, have at it, sister, but don’t say anyone else at the table is not set up for the future and then expect them not to be annoyed.  And I think Jackie orchestrated it to happen that way or she would have shut down the conversation with Jennifer eons ago.

Did Jackie ever—and this is an honest question, because sometimes there is too much shouting, so I don’t hear everything—but did Jackie ever say, “this is what my sons wanted.  I asked each one of them what they wanted to do for their birthdays, and they both said they want to play basketball in the front yard and eat pizza”?  Because if she had said that, I’d be at least 50% more on her side.  I think a lot of it was to bait Jennifer, who is playing the role of the snob, and Jackie loves it when Jennifer goes in on her parties, so that Jackie can play the role of the “reverse snob,” and continue to egg Jennifer on by saying there is nothing wrong with not having an expensive party.  She could have put a stop to the whole thing, I think, if she’d just said, “this is what my kids wanted, Jennifer.  I’m sorry if it made you uncomfortable.  It was on the invitation.”  She didn’t want to shut Jennifer down, because Jennifer The Snob was what caused Melissa The Rude to exclaim that Jackie was the only one of them who was smart, or winning at life.  

I think last year Jackie’s plan was to go in very meek and then sort of drop the fact that she has a law degree and stay calm while the other women went apeshit—sort of the anti-Houswife.  That didn’t work out probably as well as she planned, but there was an agenda going in.  This year, her agenda is plain little rich girl, and it’s working better, but I see through it.  I applaud a Housewife for having a strategy and a game.  I respect the fact that they took time to form one.  But I’m also going to point out where I see flaws in the overall strategy.  If I can see your game, it’s probably not as good as it could be, Ms. Fordham Law. 

And...that is a great location for a Hamptons home, but I have to agree with my fellow posters that the houses were too close together and the kitchen was a little cramped.  In fact, I thought the whole thing was quite small.  And it is Westhampton Beach.  If you really, really have money, like money that is so grand that it should only be spoken of in whispers and echoes in the hallways of the anointed, go over to the dunes in Southampton by Calvin Klein and get a house with at least twice the square footage.  I don’t think Jackie’s that rich.  Maybe she has more money than the rest of them combined, but she’s no modern day Marie Antoinette at Versailles.  Not with a 2,200 square foot house.  

775007B6-59D9-4098-B152-0C263EFEDA16.gif.8301111c293f8497bb7163459a3d98e3.gif

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I don't think Jackie's issue is she doesn't want to talk about her eating disorder. She's proven that she's up for the conversation, she's just asking people not to say she doesn't eat because it's a trigger for her.

I see this differently. She isn't just trying to control the narrative, she has a chokehold on it. She wigs out any time any person says anything that could disrupt the story she wrote for herself. 

I have a friend with a serious eating disorder. She's doing her best, but I call her out when it's obvious she's not eating or engaging in other dangerous behaviors. She's always defensive up front - just like Jackie. Later, she admits that she NEEDS to be called out and is grateful for it. Staying quiet about it and pretending it's normal can prove to be the person's undoing. 

Bottom line - if you're not eating, someone who cares about you will say it to your face. Margaret really cares, and that's why she admitted it to Jackie's face. Because she wasn't being disparaging, she was stating an obvious fact - that Jackie really doesn't eat much and tries not to think about food. 

Jennifer doesn't care about Jackie - that's why she calls her cheap and judges her for not spending her cash. She'd never bring up Jackie's eating because it's too deep a place for her to go. Jen was totally wrong in how she behaved. But Jackie was just as wrong last year to say Jen's kids would end up spoiled brats - in print. I guess just have very little patience for someone who can't play by her own rules. She's dished out a lot but she can't take anything at all. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Gia should be able to visit Joe because I assuming she has her drivers license and is in charge of it. I hope Teresa didn’t do it on purpose, I could totally understand her not wanting to visit him but not allowing Milania to is super shitty.

I'm sure she did get to see Joe. Tre said she forgot "her" birth certificate, in reference to Milania. As long as Gia had her license, there should have been no issue. Poor Milania though, if she didn't get to see Joe, she must have been heartbroken. 

• Love 1

And because I've been all over Jackie, let me throw her a bone: I could never have someone say the things to me that Jen said to Jackie and then allow her to stay in my home. I think the clearest, classiest moment Jen ever had was realizing she couldn't stay in Jackie's house.

If someone told me I was cheap and wanted to hoard money for myself instead of spending on my kids, their ass would be in the street in record time. I might even throw their suitcase at their head. I give Jackie tons of credit for insisting Jen could stay even if they weren't on warm and fuzzy terms. That's one hospitable woman.

And she couldn't have been nicer to Teresa. I hope those two continue to remain on decent terms. That last dinner was nice to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Did Jackie ever—and this is an honest question, because sometimes there is too much shouting, so I don’t hear everything—but did Jackie ever say, “this is what my sons wanted.  I asked each one of them what they wanted to do for their birthdays, and they both said they want to play basketball in the front yard and eat pizza”?  

I believe she did.  I remember thinking, "Well, THAT should shut people up" when Jackie talked about how the party was what the boys had wanted.

Edited by mandymax
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I'm so confused by when Joe and Teresa met. Season 3 or 4 Joe Gorga was screaming about thinking they were cousins and now "Joe came along and everything changed." Granted they're all idiots but everything seemed to imply their families were long time friends growing up.

I'm honestly very unsure about when they met myself. However, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. The families could have known each other a long time, but it was when they started seriously dating that Joey noticed a change in the relationship with his sister. 

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What did Freud say..."there are no accidents," Theresa did not want to see Joe.

I would believe this before I believe it was a production set up or that she intentionally forgot them. I could definitely see it being a subconscious slip, though. 

Gina is 18, no? Could she not have taken two of her sisters? 

5 hours ago, Jel said:

I agree. It blew me away that Delores found offense in anything Melissa said.  If anything, it should have been a sober pause -- think about it --aha moment because Melissa's point is spot on. Saving money is the smart and does win in the end. All these HWs spend most of  their money on depreciating assets.

I don't think I would have been offended by Melissa; and I'm generally on her and Jackie's side in all of this, but Dolores did have a point - Mel doesn't know what the others have or haven't set up for their kids. I think she should have kept it simply about praising Jackie's frugal ways, and not making comparisons with the others. I realize, though, that anyone could get easily frustrated trying to converse with Jennifer. 

Edited by ghoulina
issues with bolding
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm glad you mentioned Taylor, because she is exactly who came to mind. She threw ridiculous over the top parties for Kennedy, and that little girl was miserable at all of them.

Because it was all about the adults - impressing them - not the kids. Jackie gave her boys exactly what THEY wanted. 

• Love 13

I have no desire to rewatch but we’re there a bunch of other adults at the party besides the HW? It seemed like the sort of party where you could drop them off and leave and the only reason Jen and Melissa stayed is because of filming and that their kids aren’t actually friends. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe it's just me but has anyone's kids been to a birthday party when pizza wasn't served?  I racked my brain to figure this out.  I came up empty. 

You must have cheap friends, my friends kids birthday parties have caviar and lobster whilst in a 16 bathroom home as i wear chanel underwear that match my purse 

liar lying GIF  

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

I understand what your saying but I think the editors are taking into account viewers who aren’t hyper vigilant viewers. I don’t remember her brother from previous appearances but given the world we live in I can only imagine the posts and tweets Saying super shitty things by people who weren’t aware of his issues.

YES.  I am only a casual viewer and when I saw him and how he paid attention to the kids, I thought at first CREEPY UNCLE.  So I was glad they explained it, although they don't need to make it such a long explanation...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm sure she did get to see Joe. Tre said she forgot "her" birth certificate, in reference to Milania. As long as Gia had her license, there should have been no issue. Poor Milania though, if she didn't get to see Joe, she must have been heartbroken. 

I don't understand how the "forgot" happened... I mean Tre literally had one thing to do that day - go visit Juicy. Some common sense would be you  and minors would need "something" to get into a federal detention center..

Spend the night before gathering birth certificates, IDs, passports, etc and have them by your keys, ready to go, in a folder/large envelope.

Then I am surprised ms-I-know-the-law Gia didn't remind/double check - do we have the papers folder.

Next - what happen to Mr-Johnny-on-the-spot-Lawyer? Was he around to quote chapter and verse the documents were needed ?

I get the younger 3 girls are probably used to tickets/confirmation/directions/ etc being in email - accessed via cell phone. But I know when I have gone somewhere and we had to have "what ever" , one of my offspring would turn into a quiz-master to make sure I had it.. As my little quiz-masters got older (ie Gabriella's age), I turned that responsibility over to them..For example -there is no need in asking me (mom), if you (child-teen) have all of your documents/IDs to go take the SAT".

Was it that the filming contract didn't work out , or Joe didn't want it filmed, or what ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

The reunion seating chart is up. I’ll put the link in the spoiler box just in case.

I think they got five out of six wrong:

Spoiler

Teresa, love her or hate her, deserves first seat, so that’s fine.  I think Jen brings second-most to this franchise, but if they’re gonna do a team thing,  I think Jackie should be across from Teresa, Jennifer and Margaret in second seats, and Dolores and Melissa third. I have no idea how Margaret is ahead of Jackie, or why Dolores is ahead of Jennifer.  

• Love 1

I think Jennifer had to leave because she couldn't TAKE being in Jackie's sweet beach house any longer.  The horror!  Jackie has a FABULOUS, BIG beach house!  She and Evan get 50k a month renting it out!  She couldn't take not being the CHA   NEL  wearing bougie chick with only ONE DANG HOUSE! Deboring just went along with her because.... uh,she missed Frank???

Tre forgetting the wallet?  I think she actually is THAT DUMB... Like she needs a minder at all times, to remind her that she's got toilet paper on her shoe, her weave is looking ratty, her manicure is f'd up....  I don't think she'd actually do that to Milania & Gia.  Hopefully, Gia being the smart one in that fambly; produces the requisite documents and says something like "TaDa!" We can only HOPE.....

And NoNo and that octopus cooking at 6am?? I've only eaten fried calamari; here in Texas, the only fresh seafood we get is gulf seafood - shrimp, crab, oysters, redfish, etc..  Is there anything delicious that requires cooking an octopus all day??  Just curious.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, sATL said:

I hadn't watched yet...I can't wait to see what nonno is cooking next...

https://foodsogoodmall.com/recipe/201310italian-tripe-stew-html/

So I guess what was shown was after the 2 hr cook of the tripe- which is only the 2nd step of 10 in above recipe.

Is Tre picking up any of these  "old school  Italian"  cook all day recipes to pass along to the girls?

Hats off to you Nonno!

It looked gross....BTW...what happened to Joe Gorga’s restaurant where he put Nono to work cooking?

2 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't understand how the "forgot" happened... I mean Tre literally had one thing to do that day - go visit Juicy. Some common sense would be you  and minors would need "something" to get into a federal detention center..

Spend the night before gathering birth certificates, IDs, passports, etc and have them by your keys, ready to go, in a folder/large envelope.

Then I am surprised ms-I-know-the-law Gia didn't remind/double check - do we have the papers folder.

Next - what happen to Mr-Johnny-on-the-spot-Lawyer? Was he around to quote chapter and verse the documents were needed ?

I get the younger 3 girls are probably used to tickets/confirmation/directions/ etc being in email - accessed via cell phone. But I know when I have gone somewhere and we had to have "what ever" , one of my offspring would turn into a quiz-master to make sure I had it.. As my little quiz-masters got older (ie Gabriella's age), I turned that responsibility over to them..For example -there is no need in asking me (mom), if you (child-teen) have all of your documents/IDs to go take the SAT".

Was it that the filming contract didn't work out , or Joe didn't want it filmed, or what ?

Johnny on the spot lawyer...😂😂😂

• Love 3

Isn’t Frankie Jr. a little old to be going to a high school prom? I have two sons and neither would have been caught dead going to a high school prom once  they were in college. The whole thing seems like a Teresa/Delores brain fart idea.

• Love 8

To be fair to Jackie and her brother, hasn't Jackie comments about her brother having a learning disability been a TH.  She doesn't have control over that.  A producer asks her a question and editing puts it in where they want.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I

And NoNo and that octopus cooking at 6am?? I've only eaten fried calamari; here in Texas, the only fresh seafood we get is gulf seafood - shrimp, crab, oysters, redfish, etc..  Is there anything delicious that requires cooking an octopus all day??  Just curious.

Octopus needs to be braised at a low simmer for several hours before it is finished in whatever way you intend. 

Why he felt a need to cook at that hour, who needs. I know that lots of older people wake up very early so he could have been up for awhile and it is relatively late in the day for him. 

• Love 1

Grandpa Gorga cooking his octopus was awesome, and very grandpa Italianesque. I think it was octopus, or maybe squid-- tripe has that netting and looks like a sponge, and this creature was shiny smooth.

Jackie just always comes off haughty. When Melissa randomly started going off on how Jackie was winning, Jackie sat back grinning ear to ear. She thinks that's going to impress Dolores and Jenn? Gloating because Melissa has stupidly and obviously set you up to be targeted by the mean girls?

Jackie should stop talking. She just always has to explain why her way is better, smarter, faster, and makes more sense. I got what Jenn was saying when she told Jackie she should enjoy her life more. Now, to Jenn that means spending money-- I don't think Jackie would be happy spending money necessarily, but she always seems so unhappy and negative about everything. That said, I thought that the bday party was pretty lame, and purposely done absentmindedly to show Jenn (and the audience) that she was too smart and too important to be bothered by planning out a party, and no one cares anyway about a kids bday party. She tried too hard to seem like she didn't care-- I personally didn't buy it. But she doesn't really do much extra stuff for her kids, so I don't think the party would be that much different if the cameras weren't there. Except she probably wouldn't have looked like she had a stylist to style her and a hair and makeup team to get her ready. She looked like she was trying out for Top Model or something.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The more I see Joe B the more I think he’s a little weasel douche. Him saying it would be degrading to sign a prenup was pretty rich considering he does nothing but wait on Margaret. 

The scene with the 3 of them at the restaurant was gross. I felt bad for the waitress. 

• Love 5