Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: The Hamptons Hangover

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, kicksave said:

Isn’t Frankie Jr. a little old to be going to a high school prom? I have two sons and neither would have been caught dead going to a high school prom once  they were in college. The whole thing seems like a Teresa/Delores brain fart idea.

Especially if they were not an "hot item couple" prior to one graduating HS and going to college. 

IIRC - someone  21+ was not allowed at my offspring's' prom as a "date".  If any date didn't currently attend the school, they had to fill out a form, which had to be approved by someone and pay an extra small modest fee ( ie like  $10) to the price of the ticket that was part of SR dues, prior to an advanced-stated date of the event. the age restriction was mainly to keep out those who could legally drink.

But to the point - there comes and age and social time when HS prom is for those close HS. Frankie Jr is 2 yrs removed from the HS scene...

from source " Earlier this year, Teresa Giudice‘s daughter Gia, 18, went to prom with Dolores Catania‘s son, 21-year-old Frankie — so we had to ask Dolores for an update ... "

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation of what kind of prenup Juicy had Tre sign?

I am all in favor of prenups but my experience is they are entered into by older people who have accumulated assets or whose career is established or who have expectations of inherited wealth so a need for clarity.

I truly have never heard of a prenup between two young people who probably didn't have a pot to pee in when married. I would assume Juicy was, at best, some kind of construction worker at the time. 

There wasn't any property at that time - the home which was acquired AFTER marriage was not even a nice suburban tract home and certainly the Guidices didn't have assets that were going to be passed on to Juicy.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

To be fair to Jackie and her brother, hasn't Jackie comments about her brother having a learning disability been a TH.  She doesn't have control over that.  A producer asks her a question and editing puts it in where they want.

And as posted above, many viewers would not be aware of the back story and so it is offering some kind of protection against people making fun of someone who seems to be a bit different. 

I don't begrudge Jackie explaining the back story as it is a pretty common family dynamic that a child with special needs overwhelms the parents and provides a family situation in which the "normal" kid is overlooked so long as they don't seem to be crying out for attention. And often the "normal" kid will go to great lengths to avoid bothering the parents. This doesn't mean the kid is overtly neglected but just that there isn't as much emotional parenting because the parents are using it all for the kid with special needs.

Most people watching the show are casual viewers - they assume this and caption even people who are on the show repeatedly in terms of who they are and relationship to the others. Even on forums like this one - which is self selecting in terms of those having more interest than the majority of viewers - I am sometimes surprised by the naivete sometimes exhibited in posts. For example, there are posts in which people actually believe that X Housewife "hosted" a trip somewhere and don't realize that every single location is determined by producers and paid for by production.

• Love 10

Jennifer doesn't know how to win an argument. She had Jackie dead to rights when she was talking about Jackie coming into her house and commenting about the opulence, so Jennifer came into Jackie's house and commented about the lack of it. THAT is why Jackie had a smile on her face, because she knew Jennifer was actually right about that, but stupid Jennifer has to start going off the rails about the smirk and the whole point is lost.

Basically, if you come in my house and talk about how I have too much, I can go into yours and say you have too little.

Also, Melissa was wrong for calling them idiots. She has no clue how much any of the women have saved for their children in the future. And just because someone has money, doesn't mean it is going to their children. To me, Jackie seems like just the type of rich person who won't give her children much and make them work for their own money, so her spending little bits of money doesn't necessarily mean her children are set for life. 

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

Jennifer doesn't know how to win an argument. She had Jackie dead to rights when she was talking about Jackie coming into her house and commenting about the opulence, so Jennifer came into Jackie's house and commented about the lack of it. THAT is why Jackie had a smile on her face, because she knew Jennifer was actually right about that, but stupid Jennifer has to start going off the rails about the smirk and the whole point is lost.

Basically, if you come in my house and talk about how I have too much, I can go into yours and say you have too little.

Also, Melissa was wrong for calling them idiots. She has no clue how much any of the women have saved for their children in the future. And just because someone has money, doesn't mean it is going to their children. To me, Jackie seems like just the type of rich person who won't give her children much and make them work for their own money, so her spending little bits of money doesn't necessarily mean her children are set for life. 

I think Melissa has a very good idea of how much these women actually have in terms of real assets except for Jennifer. 

Why would you think her children aren’t going to inherit the assets she and her husband have accumulated. She is exactly the kind of wealthy person who sets up trusts but structure# them so that her kids aren’t wastrels. The kids will have funds for education and other necessary expenses but the money will provide enriching experiences like travel. My wealthy friends have all raised kids like this. The kids are provided with money for education and don’t have to worry about the most lucrative careers but they are all expected to be productive. They don’t get the bulk of the money until they are 35 when they are assumed to be responsible but the parents let the, have money if they wanted to buy a house and of course they have some amount of income from their trusts so they have it easier in terms if nit having to struggle as much as their contemporaries. 

It is actually somewhat of an unfair advantage because a lot of careers aren’t well paid especially at the beginning and so affluent kids can afford to work in these very desirable career fields because they aren’t depending on a paycheck alone for food and shelter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Especially if they were not an "hot item couple" prior to one graduating HS and going to college. 

IIRC - someone  21+ was not allowed at my offspring's' prom as a "date".  If any date didn't currently attend the school, they had to fill out a form, which had to be approved by someone and pay an extra small modest fee ( ie like  $10) to the price of the ticket that was part of SR dues, prior to an advanced-stated date of the event. the age restriction was mainly to keep out those who could legally drink.

But to the point - there comes and age and social time when HS prom is for those close HS. Frankie Jr is 2 yrs removed from the HS scene...

from source " Earlier this year, Teresa Giudice‘s daughter Gia, 18, went to prom with Dolores Catania‘s son, 21-year-old Frankie — so we had to ask Dolores for an update ... "

As I recall now, I think the high school my kids went to had the same policy of 21 and older "dates" having to fill out forms, etc...seems strange that Gia couldn't get a prom date with a classmate. I thought she had a boyfriend in high school. I thought that Frank Sr.'s telephone convo with Dolores was weird where he was saying Frankie Jr. had made a mess in the house with one girl after another being there. Say what? 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think Melissa has a very good idea of how much these women actually have in terms of real assets except for Jennifer. 

Why would you think her children aren’t going to inherit the assets she and her husband have accumulated. She is exactly the kind of wealthy person who sets up trusts but structure# them so that her kids aren’t wastrels. The kids will have funds for education and other necessary expenses but the money will provide enriching experiences like travel. My wealthy friends have all raised kids like this. The kids are provided with money for education and don’t have to worry about the most lucrative careers but they are all expected to be productive. They don’t get the bulk of the money until they are 35 when they are assumed to be responsible but the parents let the, have money if they wanted to buy a house and of course they have some amount of income from their trusts so they have it easier in terms if nit having to struggle as much as their contemporaries. 

It is actually somewhat of an unfair advantage because a lot of careers aren’t well paid especially at the beginning and so affluent kids can afford to work in these very desirable career fields because they aren’t depending on a paycheck alone for food and shelter. 

I don't think Melissa knows how much money Teresa or Delores has, any more than they know how much Melissa has. Teresa sent Gia to college and she seems to be set up, and the other children don't seem to be looking for jobs to work their way through college--so score one for Teresa and Joe--since everyone wants to count their money. Also, Teresa paid off all of her debts, so that is a huge feat. 

And I could totally see Jackie giving the children enough for college, a house, then giving the rest to charity. I'm not saying there is something wrong with that, but I just don't see this great wealth coming to her children (if she even has it, she wouldn't be the first housewife to lie). I guess it is the same as everyone thinking Teresa and Jennifer's children won't be set up because they like fancy things. We are all just guessing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

Thank you!  This is everything!  I actually do find Jennifer a formidable opponent in an argument though.  She was a force to be reckoned with at last year’s reunion.  She really stuck to her talking points, and didn’t let anyone sidetrack her with their bullshit, not even Andy, which I don’t see often, and I watch every franchise.  

I think people underestimate Jennifer’s intelligence, because of her fake and tacky plastic look, her pronounced Queens accent, and her unsophisticated way of communicating.  I also think she does this on purpose.  I too find a strategic advantage in letting people think I might be dim.  I look nothing like Jennifer, but people have told me in the past that they saw me and saw dumb (fill in the blank; not trying to perpetuate stereotypes), and I never tried to change that impression.  I let people let their guards down around me, and then I file everything away for a later date.  

I think in this past episode, Jennifer was being pulled in two competing directions, and that’s why she was flailing:  she was fighting Jackie in the war of opulence, and she was fighting Melissa in what was more of a street fight, at the same time, and she lost her talking points because she was trying to appear smart and tough, and couldn’t do both simultaneously.  I think she can definitely hold her own against Jackie one on one (and I think Jackie may be one of the smartest women on any franchise right now) and she could crush Melissa in any kind of argument.  Just not both at once. 

I really need to go back and watch the last two episodes, because I want to know exactly what was said between Jennifer and Jackie during their kerfuffle.  I can’t put my finger on what was said verbatim, but I think Jennifer is getting a bad rap for being “the aggressor,” and attacking poor Jackie, but I didn’t feel that way.  As I posted up thread, I felt like Jackie was lapping this up.  This was not the Jackie that was legit ruffled in Jamaica about Dolores saying they weren’t friends.  

I don’t know how Melissa could know what Dolores and her ex-husband have set up for their kids—one of whom is already in college, and the other is already in vet school if I’m not wrong—but even giving her the full benefit of the doubt that Dolores and Frank have a big, fat goose egg for their kids’ futures, how is it ok on any level for Melissa to bring that into an argument between Jackie and Jennifer?  To say that Jackie is the only one who’s winning (and again, how would she know this?) is to imply that everyone else there is losing.  And not just losing at a particular skill or game, but losing at life, because she’s basically saying they’re sad, sorry sons of bitches whose kids are going to suffer from the sins of their mothers.  What the fuck?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

I don't think Melissa knows how much money Teresa or Delores has, any more than they know how much Melissa has. Teresa sent Gia to college and she seems to be set up, and the other children don't seem to be looking for jobs to work their way through college--so score one for Teresa and Joe--since everyone wants to count their money. Also, Teresa paid off all of her debts, so that is a huge feat. 

And I could totally see Jackie giving the children enough for college, a house, then giving the rest to charity. I'm not saying there is something wrong with that, but I just don't see this great wealth coming to her children (if she even has it, she wouldn't be the first housewife to lie). I guess it is the same as everyone thinking Teresa and Jennifer's children won't be set up because they like fancy things. We are all just guessing. 

I agree. Jackie wants them to believe that she has great wealth but is stingy(there’s that word again) with the details. The Hamptons house is clearly a rental rather than a home. Nothing wrong with that but the family cannot use it much in order to preserve tax breaks. It is also in a location that is hard and very time consuming to get to from NJ. She has “family money” but so do I - just not very much! While I think that Jennifer is socially maladroit, I believe that she is just trying to make the whole situation add up. Jennifer would not be doing this if Jackie had not bragged about her wealth. 

Melissa’s remark about how Jackie’s financial behavior was so much better than anyone else’s was completely out of line. But then again, maybe Melissa was speaking for herself thinking about her own house of cards.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I actually do find Jennifer a formidable opponent in an argument though.  She was a force to be reckoned with at last year’s reunion.  She really stuck to her talking points, and didn’t let anyone sidetrack her with their bullshit, not even Andy, which I don’t see often, and I watch every franchise.  

I think people underestimate Jennifer’s intelligence, because of her fake and tacky plastic look, her pronounced Queens accent, and her unsophisticated way of communicating.  

You know what, you're right. I don't think Jennifer is dumb. I've actually been watching the show and I've been struck by the words she uses and how she can keep up with conversations. I've actually sat back and thought, "hmm, someone else paid attention in college and went to a good school." 

• Love 4

Frankie Jr is prob someone who was in their prime in HS so him going back prob pumps yo his ego. Even tho it seems he’s already taking roids and they seem to be already changing his looks for the worse. Does he still go to college?

What was with Sr saying jr had girl after girl over like what the? I call bs I think lol.

• Love 2

I don’t buy that Teresa paid off all of her debts. I think there is a caveat there that they don’t say - either it was a negotiated lowered amount or Joe has his separate ones. Because she owed a shitload and I don’t think she makes that much plus she spends a lot still. 

I think Melissa was just sticking up for Jackie and employing some common sense. I think the way some of these women throw their money around is stupid. $5-10K for a kid’s birthday party (I do not know what she spent)  is ridiculous and doesn’t Jennifer complain about Bill working a lot? He has a job where if he is not there, he is not paid. 

• Love 4

I wonder how did Tre explain to her daughters that only 2 children visitors were allowed/approved for the visit, and Gabriella &  Audrianna drew the short straw...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, ghoulina said:

Was NoNo cooking a fucking octopus??? At six am???

@ghoulina I agree with your entire post, but this sentence the most!  First I thought it was some weirdly shaped fresh chicken, but I knew it couldn't be so had to rewind, in slow mo, just to make sure.  It was actually sort of repulsive to me bc it was so gelatinous and floppy.  I’ve seen cooked octopus many times but never gave a thought to how it is made.  I guess now I’ve learned that it gets boiled.  But you’re right, why at six am???  

• LOL 1
On 1/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, ghoulina said:

I'm so glad Jennifer went home. I couldn't take any more yelling. I was surprised Teresa actually chose to stay. You could see the wheels turning as she tried to decide which person to listen to. She certainly can't think for herself. 

I loved Jackie opening up about her eating disorder. I struggled with anorexia, myself, as a young girl. I totally got her frustration. To others, it seems like she's not eating very much. But to HER? She's actually eating a lot. One thing I love about Margaret is her ability to be empathetic and humble. She can learn and admit wrongs.

Were Joe Go and Frank wearing the same shirt at the bar??

I also loved the Uncle Eric scene. What a sweetheart.  Jackie can be annoying sometimes, but I think she's a good egg. What's up with her dad having no food and 7 gallons of mouthwash? 

Was NoNo cooking a fucking octopus??? At six am???

I guess Melissa was right. Tre really IS ignorant. Forgetting all their documents like that. Yikes. 

Jackies father seems like he should not be living alone. He seems a little off. Fuck em though,  if his going to jail for fraud is true and he hurt anyone else financially in the process.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:13 PM, Joan van Snark said:

I feel like Teresa forgot the wallet and documents on purpose because she didn't want to see Joe.  It seemed like bad acting when she 'realized' they were missing....an hour and a half into the trip.  

I'm sure next week will open up with her finding them in her purse or somewhere in the car. That was some bad acting though! By Gia too.

And speaking of cars, it is a thing to lay down and sleep in a hired car, limo whatever these days still? Knowing what we know about how seatbelts and airbags work? I wouldn't let my children do it. All it takes is a small accident for major health consequences.

Edited by msrachelj
add
  • Love 2
On 1/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, Hiyo said:

I dunno, if she's serving Levantine cuisine, that might tip the scales in Jenn's favor. Unless the pizza came straight from Italy...

Or you might get a lambs head or whatever the fuck that shit was.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:48 AM, Jel said:

It was definitely an octopus -- I rewound several times. And, I had just seen a show about how smart octopi are, so it made me sad.

Thanks a lot Nono!

OMG, that's true. I just watched probably the same show. I'm glad I don't eat octopus myself, seems like no one should. Along with pork, and........wish I had the discipline. So far I've given up just pork and lamb and only eat local humane. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

@ghoulina I agree with your entire post, but this sentence the most!  First I thought it was some weirdly shaped fresh chicken, but I knew it couldn't be so had to rewind, in slow mo, just to make sure.  It was actually sort of repulsive to me bc it was so gelatinous and floppy.  I’ve seen cooked octopus many times but never gave a thought to how it is made.  I guess now I’ve learned that it gets boiled.  But you’re right, why at six am???  

I am guessing.. and it is only a guess. that his entire dish takes a while to make.. hours boiling.. hours on the sauce, cutting up other components, etc.. Nonno is old-old- school... he's not going to put  ingredients  into a Instapot to be ready in 45 minutes...

Also, he might not be feeling the greatest, so when the mood hits him to cook ,he does it, without regard to the actual time of day.

If the initial smell of the boil wasn't the greatest - he probably thought an early cook was best to get the smell out of the house before dinner. However that problem could have been solved by doing the boil outside.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I don’t buy that Teresa paid off all of her debts. I think there is a caveat there that they don’t say - either it was a negotiated lowered amount or Joe has his separate ones. Because she owed a shitload and I don’t think she makes that much plus she spends a lot still. 

Well she just appeared in a Super Bowl commercial, so....🤷🏻‍♀️.   

• Love 2

I don't get the big deal about Frankie going to the prom because he's a few years out of HS. Then again, I'VE never understood why we box kids in because of their ages. When I was 17, I dated a 23-year-old that was less mature than some of my classmates. Seriously. Still living off of his parents and everything. When I was 24 I dated a 23-year-old that already owned his own home, had a really decent job, a reliable, vehicle, never paid a bill late, etc. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:50 PM, goofygirl said:

Is there anything delicious that requires cooking an octopus all day??  Just curious.

There's a Mediterranean dish that's like paella (it's probably a type of paella) that includes octopus and octopus ink, which turns the entire thing black.  It looks weird and is absolutely delicious!  I've also been served a single arm grilled as an appetizer at some Italian restaurants and that's also pretty tasty as well.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Good god Frank Sr. is such a fucking neanderthal.  That is all I can say about him.

Was anybody besides me really irritated with Melissa this episode?  She flipped her jersey shore girl on pretty quickly IMO.  If I had been sitting there observing, I would have been just as disgusted by her behavior in the Hamptons as Jennifer.  Her yelling at Jennifer "you looking at me?" And "walk away!" was something straight out of seaside.   If I were Jackie I would have been MOR.TI.FIED.  

And her digs at Teresa, and her thinly veiled insults and criticisms, veiled under a carefully measured voice are pretty consistent and I could just not be remembering correctly but I don't see Tre digging at her in the same way this season. 

Anyway, my point is that Jennifer wasn't the only one being an asshole this episode, no matter how appropriately beige Melissa tries to be.  She is not classy, no matter what she says.

And honestly, the next time Jen tosses a fucking fork or whatever, just look at her like a 4 year old and move on.  She does it for the drama and they give it to her.  Ignore it and it will stop, like a kid throwing a tantrum.

JoeGo was a good brother this episode.  You could see how genuinely comfortable Tre was in that conversation, and that was nice.

For those wondering about revisionist history for Tre and Joe, I'm rewatching and Andy asks her in the season 1 reunion and she says they families were always close and her mom warned her to stay away from Joe because he had the bad boy rep.  He asks if they were high school sweethearts and she says no, they got together when they started running into each other in clubs.  

The lesson there?  Moms are usually right.

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2020 at 6:34 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

JoeGo was a good brother this episode. 

If it weren’t for all the gross sex talk, I would actually really like Joe Gorga.  He seems very genuine when dealing with T and with his nieces.  He actually says a lot of things that make sense.  Now if he could just stop with all the Neanderthal sex stuff......

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

If it weren’t for all the gross sex talk, I would actually really like Joe Gorga.  He seems very genuine when dealing with T and with his nieces.  He actually says a lot of things that make sense.  Now if he could just stop with all the Neanderthal sex stuff......

Gorga might must really let loose if the preview video for the episode tonight has ( link )

image.png.1b9283851af66560ab756112dab6c50f.png

Edited by sATL
On 1/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I know this post I quoted is about the eating disorder, and I do agree that if it’s Jackie’s storyline, it’s fair game.  I don’t think it’s all that interesting, but if other people do, they should talk about it to drive a story.  But mostly I agree with the logic of what you’re saying and I think it applies to the kids’ parties.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with serving kids pizza.  In fact, I think it’s great that Jackie didn’t have a different meal for each kid, because Johnny is gluten-free, and Mary can’t have dairy...I hate how that newfangled shit has begun to dominate the culture.  But I really don’t think that pizza was ever the point.  

I have been liking Jackie, but I do think that Jackie is working from a set of blueprints about how she wants to appear on the show, and if I see something is calculated, I call it out.  I think the overall atmosphere of the kids’ birthday party was underwhelming.  It was a party for two of her kids, not one.  And it was being filmed for a TV show that she is on about women who are supposed to have aspirational lifestyles.  So, yes, to sort of serve pizza right out of a box and throw a box of Amazon shit on the driveway seems like it was done intentionally, as a way to say, “hey, look how down to earth I am!”  And I wouldn’t think one thing was wrong with that if that was all it had been.  I defended Jackie against Jennifer at the time and I said Jackie’s party was technically more popular, because it made it to air, while Jennifer only got flashbacks.  So the party in and of itself was fine, even if I thought it was calculated.  What starts to gnaw at me is that it was apparently just the one of the one-two punch.  

The two of the one-two punch was for Jackie to casually mention that she has this place in Westhampton Beach, and, oh yeah, she has family money, and, oh yeah, Evan had to sign a prenup because there’s a lot of family money, with a casual shrug, like doesn’t everyone do this?  But then—God forbid—when someone starts pressing her, Jackie demures.  If you don’t want to talk about your money, don’t talk about your money.  It’s that simple.  I’m much “richer” comparatively than many of my work colleagues, and you know what I never talk about?  That fact.  Because it’s tacky.  If you are on a TV show about money (which it is; they used to put the price tags up on the screen in early seasons and everything), and you do talk about your money, then don’t get on the phone with your husband and say, “Jennifer’s been asking about our money!  Well I never...” and break out the vapors.  That’s inconsistent to me.

And Jennifer brought it way too far!  You don’t throw something at someone in a restaurant, unless it’s water and they’re on fire.  That was completely shitty behavior.  But I don’t care about Jennifer.  She acted like an asshole.  It’s not that interesting.  

What I care about more is how Melissa played right into Jackie’s hands by shouting, “winning!  Winning!” about Jackie at the expense of all of the other women at the table (except Margaret, who got left out of it, because she’s legit broke).  Like I said last week, Melissa hasn’t seen Jackie’s or Dolores’s financial portfolios, so it’s very rude and crude to say something like that at a table in mixed company.  If she wants to talk about herself, and how broke she is, have at it, sister, but don’t say anyone else at the table is not set up for the future and then expect them not to be annoyed.  And I think Jackie orchestrated it to happen that way or she would have shut down the conversation with Jennifer eons ago.

Did Jackie ever—and this is an honest question, because sometimes there is too much shouting, so I don’t hear everything—but did Jackie ever say, “this is what my sons wanted.  I asked each one of them what they wanted to do for their birthdays, and they both said they want to play basketball in the front yard and eat pizza”?  Because if she had said that, I’d be at least 50% more on her side.  I think a lot of it was to bait Jennifer, who is playing the role of the snob, and Jackie loves it when Jennifer goes in on her parties, so that Jackie can play the role of the “reverse snob,” and continue to egg Jennifer on by saying there is nothing wrong with not having an expensive party.  She could have put a stop to the whole thing, I think, if she’d just said, “this is what my kids wanted, Jennifer.  I’m sorry if it made you uncomfortable.  It was on the invitation.”  She didn’t want to shut Jennifer down, because Jennifer The Snob was what caused Melissa The Rude to exclaim that Jackie was the only one of them who was smart, or winning at life.  

I think last year Jackie’s plan was to go in very meek and then sort of drop the fact that she has a law degree and stay calm while the other women went apeshit—sort of the anti-Houswife.  That didn’t work out probably as well as she planned, but there was an agenda going in.  This year, her agenda is plain little rich girl, and it’s working better, but I see through it.  I applaud a Housewife for having a strategy and a game.  I respect the fact that they took time to form one.  But I’m also going to point out where I see flaws in the overall strategy.  If I can see your game, it’s probably not as good as it could be, Ms. Fordham Law. 

And...that is a great location for a Hamptons home, but I have to agree with my fellow posters that the houses were too close together and the kitchen was a little cramped.  In fact, I thought the whole thing was quite small.  And it is Westhampton Beach.  If you really, really have money, like money that is so grand that it should only be spoken of in whispers and echoes in the hallways of the anointed, go over to the dunes in Southampton by Calvin Klein and get a house with at least twice the square footage.  I don’t think Jackie’s that rich.  Maybe she has more money than the rest of them combined, but she’s no modern day Marie Antoinette at Versailles.  Not with a 2,200 square foot house.  

775007B6-59D9-4098-B152-0C263EFEDA16.gif.8301111c293f8497bb7163459a3d98e3.gif

This is a perfect post! Said everything I think but could put into words!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Dont' think this has been shared before- I saw this on Facebook. 

Joe G is performing at a theatre outside of Philadelphia. He will no doubt share his bits of brilliance for a small fee.

https://www.axs.com/events/391120/joe-gorga-unleashes-a-night-of-stories-laughs-and-sinatra-tickets

This is a conundrum for me, on one hand I don't want to spend the money to hear his caveman lauditudes but on the other hand...so curious to see how he thinks he is entertaining in a more than three minute increments.

Also, Sinatra?  Will Joe be singing?

• Love 2

Jennifer is really passive aggressive, she says really mean things to people then gets pissed off because they something mean back to her then plays the victim as in leaving Jackie's Hampton's house because of all the fighting...had she had been calmer (after Marge repeated what she said to Jackie and starting the shit show) and simply said "that is not how I throw a party, we have different ideas of how we throw bday parties" and left it at that it would have been done. 

Jennifer needed to be right, plain and simple, she does not understand that you cannot spend/count other people's money. 

Melissa was right, Jackie not spending big on everything will ensure that there will be something in the bank for the kids/future.  Saving your pennies is sound advice but telling the women they are losers, not so right.

Is anyone amazed that any restaurant will still welcome any HW show to film?  I cannot believe it is good press to have a group of screaming and sometimes violent women associated with any restaurant.

I have a few friends that have beach homes, they are 3 to 5 miles inland, you still need to drive to the beach and deal with parking and it is hard to find in the Delaware, and Maryland beach areas so anyone that has a beach in their backyard look rich to me but at the same time, who knows what they sacrifice to get that beach home, it might mean not hiring Beyonce to entertain at an 8 year old's birthday party.  So Jackie knows where and how she wants to spend her money, good for her.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Dont' think this has been shared before- I saw this on Facebook. 

Joe G is performing at a theatre outside of Philadelphia. He will no doubt share his bits of brilliance for a small fee.

https://www.axs.com/events/391120/joe-gorga-unleashes-a-night-of-stories-laughs-and-sinatra-tickets

Joe's playing Glenside. I'm speechless. It's only about a 2hr drive. I could tell Mr Darling I'm visiting my mother that day,...but, I'm not really all that psyched about the idea of being in the same room as Tarzan and his poison, so maybe I will visit my mother that day and see if he makes the local news. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Did anyone notice that Dolores was smoking a cigarette, during that scene when she was sitting outside at the table, deciding about whether not she should leave Jackie's house with Jennifer, after the big fight in the restaurant?  And she is dating a DOCTOR?  And wants to move in with him?  WTF?  How does he put up with that? That would be a deal-breaker for me.  He has to know about that, right?  Yuck! 🤮

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Joe's playing Glenside. I'm speechless. It's only about a 2hr drive. I could tell Mr Darling I'm visiting my mother that day,...but, I'm not really all that psyched about the idea of being in the same room as Tarzan and his poison, so maybe I will visit my mother that day and see if he makes the local news. 

I feel the same, I would visit my friend in Drexel Hill or my daughter who lives in Center City, it is about 2 1/4 hours for me...if you decide to go I will meet you there!

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel the same, I would visit my friend in Drexel Hill or my daughter who lives in Center City, it is about 2 1/4 hours for me...if you decide to go I will meet you there!

I think we could, actually, carpool. I could drop you off, as I'd need to go north of the city. Meet in White Marsh? 😉

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Jen really should not have gone at Jackie about her spending - but lo and behold, Bravo was on it with the footage of last year. If Jackie feels totally entitled to write a PUBLIC ARTICLE criticizing Jen's spending, then Jen should feel free to question Jackie's cheapness in a closed-group setting. Pick a lane, Jackie - you're not above everyone here, despite your attitude of total superiority, which I do recognize and find utterly intolerable.

So I want to make it perfectly clear I am not Team Jennifer. I don’t particularly like her and to be honest I think she’s been mostly wrong in just about every argument she’s been in. HOWEVER, I have always picked up this undercurrent in the way Jackie and Marge especially treat her that I find very distasteful. Some of the interactions between them and Jennifer can come across as xenophobic or something. Like they feel very comfortable setting standards of conduct and gossiping about Jennifer failing to live up to them but fly off the handle when Jen comments on their behavior. Like I thought Jen’s comments about Jacki were dumb and rude, but she never meant for Jackie to hear them. Marge didn’t have to bring it up, but she had already decided on a “Jen is shallow” narrative based on the dinner conversation. But they never told Jen that conversation made them uncomfortable even after Jen tried to explain that her family talks about money pretty bluntly. I don’t know how to explain it. Like I do think Jen is probably pretty annoying to put up with, but Jackie and Marge do pretty routinely dismiss her feelings as being wrong or unimportant. There’s just this condescending edge to the way they treat her I don’t love.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, mostlylurking said:

Same. I like Joe Gorga most of the time. He's funny and seems kindhearted. I think he's a cutie too. 

I totally got Melissa's point about Jackie being smarter with money. I don't think she meant to be hurtful by calling the rest of them losers either. She included herself in the group. Jennifer seems to want to be offended. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:13 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Melissa’s comment about Jackie being a saver and probably a good financial planner was blown way out of context. Jackie was being picked on and Melissa was being a good friend. 

100%. I was floored everyone was so offended. Melissa did NOT randomly call the women losers. Her point was Jackie was smart with money, and her kids will benefit from that in the future more than they ever will from elaborate birthday parties.

Edited by RealHousewife