Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lonely in Flagstaff

• Start Topic

Kody actually says "sometimes they (my wives) are best friends" like whaaa? When have any of them been best friends? They have always had an adversarial relationship because you married someone else and rubbed their noses in it. Yea plural marriage is working so well.

I think the concept of rapturous joy is a foreign concept to these idiots.

• Love 17

I know that Meri has shoulders like a linebacker but did she really wrassle her king size mattress up to her bedroom by herself?

Christine's self-medicating is evident, she was enjoying a Moscow Mule at lunch.🍸

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Kody actually says "sometimes they (my wives) are best friends" like whaaa? When have any of them been best friends? They have always had an adversarial relationship because you married someone else and rubbed their noses in it. Yea plural marriage is working so well.

I think the concept of rapturous joy is a foreign concept to these idiots.

Yeah, doesn’t it sound like heaven when he talks about having to shake off the baggage from each wife as he makes his rounds? And what a moron: he says that the distances he has to drive now make it easier than it was in Vegas, so he’ll. Have to figure out a new way to do it when they all live in one house. What, install a hazmat shower? 

I also wanted to smack him when he gleefully said that women always get why living in one house would be problematic but men never do! Hey, if he tried even once to imagine the situation in reverse, maybe he’d grab a clue. But Meri actually asked him to do that once and he recoiled and said that was disgusting. Not a particle of empathy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Yeah, doesn’t it sound like heaven when he talks about having to shake off the baggage from each wife as he makes his rounds? And what a moron: he says that the distances he has to drive now make it easier than it was in Vegas, so he’ll. Have to figure out a new way to do it when they all live in one house. What, install a hazmat shower? 

I also wanted to smack him when he gleefully said that women always get why living in one house would be problematic but men never do! Hey, if he tried even once to imagine the situation in reverse, maybe he’d grab a clue. But Meri actually asked him to do that once and he recoiled and said that was disgusting. Not a particle of empathy. 

Maybe he takes a refreshing dip in the Poison Pond enroute to his appointed rounds.

• LOL 21
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

F-you Meri. If you can afford to rent that house, you can afford to hire movers to move your furniture up 4 flights of stairs. They all said they would come over and help unpack and assemble furniture once it was moved in. Yet she still complained they didn't want to help her. Why doesn't she get all the Lularoe BFFs she keeps posting pictures with to come and help her?

Remember also that Meri, just last season or the season before was saying she wasn't trying to babysit the other wives kids. I'd tell her to suck it too. Why rupture yourself carrying a piano up several flights of stairs for a woman who can't be bothered to help you when you need it?

Meri's got  2 master bedrooms that Kody will never sleep in. He is playful and flirty with the other wives but so stoic with her. This Meri and Kody's relationship is distant and stalling has been going on since before the catfish. I wish one of them would please raise their standards or find some self-esteem and leave already but they have been milking that gravy train for seasons and there is no end of the line apparently as long as the checks continue to clear. 

• Love 16

It couldn't be any more obvious that Janelle and Meri cannot stand each other.  Janelle obviously had the hots for her sister in law Meri's husband and left Meri's brother for "them".  When Janelle was talking about falling for Kody because he was "hot"  even though she preferred a dark haired man, the look on Meri's face was just stoic while the others chuckled.  Meri was not amused.  I don't care for Meri but can't say I blame her, why is Janelle putting a ridiculous spin on her and Kody's story when most of the details have been left out.  Cannot say anything about Meri renting that ridiculously big house and spending all that money that has not been said already.  She needs to leave, let her enjoy  life with her pals from Lularoe.  If your husband does not want you, why are you hanging on because you don't like your sister wives so there is not even that to hold on to, maybe Mariah does not want to lose the connection thru Meri so she stays for that reason.  IDK!

Separately, wondering if all is okay with Aspyn, used to follow her on Instagram and around Christmas it appears she closed her account.  She had been advertising all this Kendra Scott merchandise.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
37 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Separately, wondering if all is okay with Aspyn, used to follow her on Instagram and around Christmas it appears she closed her account.  She had been advertising all this Kendra Scott merchandise.  

Can't blame her for wanting privacy - she couldn't have been making all THAT much as an influencer, hawking the Fabfitfun boxes like 90% of the other influencers out there. I'm guessing she wanted to spend more quality time with her husband - they're newlyweds after all - she also has a full time job, unlike Mykelti, Maddie and Mariah who have lots of time to "collab" 🙄 with companies. 

I know for sure that if I spent as much time on SM as "the three M's" apparently do, my work would suffer. Perhaps that's why Mykelti is no longer at the bank. I think she has issues staying focused.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Why does Christine look like a pre-Raphaelite water nymph in the opening montage?  With her curled hair blowing delicately in the wind and her eyes closed, smiling blissfully  - I guess it kind of fits with her personality, but when I see the new opening, all I can think of is, I guess we know who is getting the most visits from lil' Kody now.

That montage was exactly on point. Meri with the manipulative and spiteful look. Janelle with a somewhat spaced out, I don't really care look. Christine, with the free spirit sexy I'm Kody's favorite again look. Robyn, with the  I'm not having sex but I still rule the roost look. Well done TLC.

"Kody saying he enjoys the drive between homes because it gives him a chance to decompress from all the baggage of each wife. Nice to know how you rilly feel about your wives, Kodester"

And yet, he wants them all in one house soon... What an idiot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

My thoughts during the episode

So nothing in the last 6 weeks happened at all?  

I wonder if Meri visited with Logan, Madison, Aspen, Hunter, etc. while in LV?

Did the B&B, ya know the whole plot of the last season, disappear?

Have none of these people ever heard of a town house or apartment? 

Why is Kody paying someone to design a home and do blueprints when they are "drowning" in debt?

Why is Christine wearing some ugly flower shirt from Lularoe?

Why are we focusing on Kody's butt?

Why is Meri acting suicidal over a King Bed?

What did Meri do to make it clear even Christine don't care?

Are none of the kids involved in rec sports or activities? 

Why am I still watching this?

Edited by Soaper410
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12

Ok prediction here. In 2 years they will move yet again because ...reasons. How about LA? Another area they couldn't afford, or probably back to Utah to fight the good fight against monogamists. And the super secret bankruptcy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Why does Christine look like a pre-Raphaelite water nymph in the opening montage?  With her curled hair blowing delicately in the wind and her eyes closed, smiling blissfully  - I guess it kind of fits with her personality, but when I see the new opening, all I can think of is, I guess we know who is getting the most visits from lil' Kody now

This made me laugh very loudly. You can see who the production team hangs out with during the downtime. Everyone else looks like shit. Christine looks like a flower child earth mother.

3 hours ago, For Cereals said:

If I have to hear how they have multiple mortgages and rents and the land and how Vegas was the perfect setup one more time!  They did this to themselves.  They should’ve stayed in Vegas and budgeted money to visit Day-un.  Also, what the hell is Koduche so busy with?  Meri needs a ginormous house on the off chance that her daughter and her fiancé want to visit because god forbid they stay in the same room.  Meri needs to be in a 1 bedroom apt, maybe 2 for her business crap or bunking with one of the other wives.  They could just pay for hotel rooms for the visiting adult kids.  They could all live in Meri’s rental! But, no, no one wants to share a kitchen (Kody, it ain’t about the kitchen).  They should all be in apartments with storage pods on the land, which in my mind, would signify the temporary-ness of the situation since their goal is supposedly The Land.  If no one wants to live together again, they just need to replicate the Vegas setup and give Kody a little mother in law suite so that he can wash the latest wife’s energy off (did I hear that right?).  They suck at money management and also polygamy.  Also, they can’t stand each other.

They could have rented a little apartment near the campus for Robyn to visit Dayton. But of course then she wouldn't be on hand in Vegas, keeping tabs on her man.

Seriously, this show. Do they really think this is a bit of positive PR for polygamy?

Never mind that I spent way too much of my life watching Kody try to back into Meri's driveway!

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if Meri really believes she needs to stay in the marriage to ensure her eternal salvation. 

If she does now, she's had a religious enlightenment since the days of Sam the Sham.  She was more than prepared to make her great escape with him, a Catholic.  I guess her religious convictions were easy to cast aside when tempted with the allure of private jets, helicopters and homes scattered across the planet.  World traveler Sam even had a tract home right around the corner from Meri and loved to frequent Disney, as billionaires are wont to do.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if Meri really believes she needs to stay in the marriage to ensure her eternal salvation. 

Excellent point.  This has never been mentioned as far as I know by Meri for wanting to save her marriage to Kody.  These people are religious phonies.   

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ok prediction here. In 2 years they will move yet again because ...reasons. How about LA? Another area they couldn't afford, or probably back to Utah to fight the good fight against monogamists. And the super secret bankruptcy.

Five years seems to be the recurring cycle. 

Did anyone else notice they're following the exact script from Vegas? 

Show the move interspersed with how Kody met and "married" each wife. Had they not done that, the first episode might've been 30 minutes long, with commercials. 

Then talk about the kids as babies. Go through each family separately. Basically rehashing the rehash. 

And of course the (faux) persecution angle. 

I think a great move for them would be the Double Dollar Ranch, Kody's dad's ranch. All or almost all of the kids would be grown and gone. It would be a far more interesting show to watch them build homes (based on the house we saw that Kody's mom lives in, they'll definitely need to build or maybe do a premanufactured home or 4) and running the ranch would give Kody something to do other than sitting on his ass with the TV clicker.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

How about the opening shot of Kody bending over and spreading ‘em so Christine could check for a rip?

And just when I thought I had successfully banished that segment from my brain...........🙈

24 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Why am I still watching this?

For the delicious, amazing, witty, laugh-out loud snark. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Never mind that I spent way too much of my life watching Kody try to back into Meri's driveway!

Kody: I think I can back my enormous truck up your steep and narrow mountainous driveway!

Meri: *giggle*

K: Meri!  Watch my backside!

Meri: *giggle* You got it babe!

K: I meant the truck!

M: YOU'VE GOT THREE INCHES

K: DON'T YELL

M: YOU'RE GONNA TIP OVER

K: No I'm not

M: YOU'RE GONNA HIT THE WALL

K: NO I'M NOT DON'T YELL

M: *giggle*

Me: 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I too didn't want to stay up til 11 so I have not seen it so I thank you for the clip.  Couple of comments.  Robyn seems in woefully bad shape for a 41 year old.  If she cannot do those steps without nearly fainting EMPTY HANDED at her age she needs to step up the activity (looks like the steps to my old house where the washer/dryer was in the garage down those steps).  Maybe go to Meri's and do the steps as a workout.  But jeezus christ Meri!  No one wants to move furniture up those stairs.  NO ONE!  It isn't a personal slight.  It is everyone is older and in terrible shape. 

It is really obvious she gives those filters a workout.  She uses Trumps foundation color and is terribly lumpy.  The size of that house really is a fuck you to the other wives.  If she thinks she will be the family party hub she is sadly mistaken.  No one really likes her.  Which is ok because she doesn't really like them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Questions/comments:

Why does Christine look like a pre-Raphaelite water nymph in the opening montage?  With her curled hair blowing delicately in the wind and her eyes closed, smiling blissfully  - I guess it kind of fits with her personality, but when I see the new opening, all I can think of is, I guess we know who is getting the most visits from lil' Kody now.

Meri's body language on the couch when she was talking about how she had to flee Flagstaff and move back home...holy crow, her shoulders were hunched up practically to her ears, her arms were crossed like iron bars and that shootie was jiggling like she'd just snorted a Red Bull.  I'm no expert but I'm thinking that, perhaps, she was embellishing the truth just a wee bit.

Christine did that vapid breathless thing again last night when she was talking about "Cah-o-tah Pass."  Her "keep sweet" voice just grates on my last nerve.

Kody's Barbie Dream House is hysterical.  I love that he had to show it to his buddy first because he knows that once he shows it to his wives, they are going to throw rotten tomatoes at his head and set fire to his Powerpoint presentation.  

So if I'm doing the math correctly, at the time this was being filmed they were paying out approximately $187,924.34 per month on their land, their unsold houses, their rented mansions, and utility bills on 8 properties.  These people.

Jesus for all that they are spending they could have hired a driver to take Sobbin to Flag to visit her baby boy every weekend.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

This family and their revisionist history.  Yeah, Meri was PISSED that Janelle brought up her fired-up loins when she had to nail Kootie.  No mention of her dumping Meri's brother.  

Now Kootie says he had "baggage" when he could flit from house to house easily.  What?  And you want a multi-million dollar palace where all your women will live?  Make up your pea-brained mind, you idiot.  That just has to be a made-up storyline.  Who would lend these irresponsible people money to build such a place?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, 80sBaby said:

Meri takes zero accountability for the part she played in distancing herself from the family. She is forever the victim and the wronged person in every situation. I'm so over her. Just take your leggings and go.

I usually kind of understand her a bit... but holy moly she's exhausting this season and it's only episode 2. No matter what you say Meri... you essentially cheated on your husband and were looking to get out. Nothing you say or do will make people think otherwise. 

5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree that it seems like she's always seeking pity. However, she really shouldn't have moved to Flagstaff. What was the point? No one likes her and it is a constant reminder that she's failed (in her mind) in her marriage and family. The other 3 families succeeded. I'm assuming she's forced to stay with this family because of the show. If that's the case, I'd be a sour puss too. She really just needs to leave.

She is stuck there until she feels like she can live without that income. Which I think would be very hard... LLR won't be paying for a $800k rental house.  She'll be lucky to get a 2 bedroom bungalow in a seedy part of town. 

1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I have no problem with Meri having the big house. Everyone wife should have the opportunity to have the same things and, they wouldn’t have those homes if it weren’t for Meri and her catfish shenanigans.

I agree - I find no fault in Meri wanting a grand house.  Most people want them and with experience they either learn that they love it or totally hate it. However you can tell that Meri has no experience with winter weather conditions and a slopped driveway. I would have written off that house immediately because of the driveway. And she's likely in higher elevation so will see snow more often I bet. 

I am a single person with no kids and currently have a 2 bedroom house and it's TOO FREAKING SMALL. I would love if I had a house with 4-5 bedrooms. I have uses for all of them. And I barely clean now so i'm not worried about all the extra space that needs to be cleaned lol  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The thought of living in that humongous house solo, getting stuck in the elevator, and knowing that your family may or may not make the drive to spring you free would give me serious pause.  I hope Meri has her phone on her every single time she steps foot in that thing

That is exactly what I was thinking. NO WAY would I set foot in that elevator when I was alone in the house (in Meri's case, all the time, LOL).

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The thought of living in that humongous house solo, getting stuck in the elevator, and knowing that your family may or may not make the drive to spring you free would give me serious pause.  I hope Meri has her phone on her every single time she steps foot in that thing.

Also, here's a complex trigonometry problem for you:

Waterfall is <, >, or = to Wetbar?  Please show your work.

There was a story a few years ago about an elderly couple that got stuck in theirs and died.  It gave me pause.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think the religious malarkey went out the window right from the start.  The only place they worship is at the Church of the Almighty Dollar.  Whatever it takes to continue grifting is the "faith" they follow.

• Love 14

When Kody first brought up the one house idea I figured it was just for the show- however, he is not a good enough actor to fake the emotion he displayed when showing the plans to his (weird) friend. I think he really wants it. 

Robyn’s tears when discussing Meri are probably from guilt. 

All that gushing over Meri’s rental mansion is funny. Almost like the other wives are saying “ see- you don’t need Kody - you have an elevator and a water feature “..... 

Meri unsuccessfully flirting with Kody was super depressing. He is clearly done with her in the marital sense. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Meri annoys me a lot. But I can sort of understand her position. She has to stand by and watch the three other wives live the life she wanted. They will forever have more kids and more grandkids around. And they have the "love" of Kody. Meri doesn't have either - and she never will. So of course she's going to be distant and avoidant. I get that. What purpose is there to being together?  

The bad part is that she doesn't seem to think she can move on. And I assume that's only because of the show. 

I remember way back when she wanted to try for another kid and they were talking to doctors (and Robyn even said she’d be a surrogate if needed).  I think meri really wanted to try and they went out in the wilds somewhere to talk and suddenly Cody just shit it all down.  She pretended to be ok with it but I think she really wanted to try.  Thought it was selfish of Cody and I wonder if that doesn’t affect some of her actions still.  

• Love 9
Just now, laurakaye said:

Oh, well - sure, when you bring in the boiling farnum, it all makes perfect sense. 😂😂

If I may?  Robyn has no guilt.  None.  Zero.  What she does have, however, is a bone-chillingly, ice-cold method for turning on her waterworks at the drop of a hat.  If I put a dollar in a jar for every time this woman has pretended to cry over the course of these past 147 seasons, I could buy my own island.

I am so sad that I know this, but he was a brunette.  He was Meri's brother, and Meri has commented on the fact that she's the only blonde of her 7 or so siblings.

I need a life.

Evidence points to the fact that you are not alone in needing a life. I'm with you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

When Kody first brought up the one house idea I figured it was just for the show- however, he is not a good enough actor to fake the emotion he displayed when showing the plans to his (weird) friend. I think he really wants it. 

Isn't that weird friend Kody's brother in law?  I thought he was married to Meri's sister Rebekah Barber Dilts.

I do not believe that the Browns have many "friends."

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Isn't that weird friend Kody's brother in law?  I thought he was married to Meri's sister Rebekah Barber Dilts.

I do not believe that the Browns have many "friends."

I think Nathan is the polygamous friend that Kody and Krew went to visit.  They had a ritual that their family all took their first bite of food at mealtime simultaneously.  It was another opportunity for Kody to grandstand when he took it upon himself to give the blessing in Hebrew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Wondering why Meri thought it okay to discuss her grievances at what was slated to be a light, fun ladies’ luncheon.  If this is typical, it’s no wonder they all looked tense beforehand.  Unless of course, TLC told them upfront.  Either way, rude!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If she's in a living hell now, how will eternity be with a fambly that hates her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

How can poor ole sad sack face Meri be sooooo lonely when:

She is shilling her LuLuNo merch day and night, fulfilling orders and going on lulu cruises and conventions all the time?

Traveling to Utah to oversee her beloved B&B that we never hear about anymore? 

Visiting Mariah in Chicago? 

Moving, packing and unpacking to Flagstaff, back to Las Vegas, back to Flagstaff and then to another different house in Flagstaff? 

She hasn't had a relationship with Kody for years and the sister wives have pretty much had their fill of her all because of her own doing so save the lonely schtick, Meri. None of that is news.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Wondering why Meri thought it okay to discuss her grievances at what was slated to be a light, fun ladies’ luncheon.  If this is typical, it’s no wonder they all looked tense beforehand.  Unless of course, TLC told them upfront.  Either way, rude!

Well, remember what Meri said...the night before the lunch, she only got an hour of sleep so she was extra cranky and pissy and her walls were up or some such blah-de-blah-blah.  So basically she had it all nicely set up that she would most definitely be going to that lunch on the defensive before she even got into her car to get there.  She's a piece of work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

No one wants to move furniture up those stairs.  NO ONE!  It isn't a personal slight.  It is everyone is older and in terrible shape. 

She obviously should have rented a house with a bigger elevator!  Big enough for a king size bed etc.  I'd hire professionals to move my heavy, solid wood furniture.  They have the proper pads to protect floors & walls.  And they have the knowledge and back protection to avoid injuring themselves.  If these ladies can't share a kitchen, how would Meri tolerate one of her detested sister wives putting her cutlery or dishes in the wrong cabinet?  Personally I prefer to unpack myself so I can put things where I want them so I can find them again.

And why does she have so much stuff - filling the largest size UHaul and a large trailer (that appeared oversized for the SUV towing it)?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4