Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lonely in Flagstaff

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Wondering why Meri thought it okay to discuss her grievances at what was slated to be a light, fun ladies’ luncheon.  

She even said in her TH that she only got 2 hrs sleep, she was tired and DID NOT want to be going to this lunch! The nerve! What a crabby, nasty beyotch. Does she not think her sissy wives aren't going to see the episodes? She is a piece of work. And she wonders why she isn't the beloved matriarch of the clan. They are all letting the truth bombs fly this season and don't care who doesn't like it. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Since they all love to have giant houses they need to move into a vacated mall.  Kody could then take a escalator to each wives home.  Except Meri's.  He hates her.  They even have a food court for family get together's.  Except Meri.  They will wait til she is in Parawon.  

Now that is a good idea!  Malls are dying, and they could probably get an empty one for less than Kootie dreams of spending on that ridiculous made-up "plan."  

His hatred of Meri grows with each show.  What a buzzkill that woman is.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I remember way back when she wanted to try for another kid and they were talking to doctors (and Robyn even said she’d be a surrogate if needed).  I think meri really wanted to try and they went out in the wilds somewhere to talk and suddenly Cody just shit it all down.  She pretended to be ok with it but I think she really wanted to try.  Thought it was selfish of Cody and I wonder if that doesn’t affect some of her actions still.  

I don't think so.  In the episode where Kootie & Meri were celebrating their 20th anniversary (IIRC, in Mexico), he brought up trying in vitro, and she shut him down.  Paraphrasing Meri, "I rilly don't see the point."  So she was the first to shoot the idea down.  

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She obviously should have rented a house with a bigger elevator!  Big enough for a king size bed etc.  I'd hire professionals to move my heavy, solid wood furniture.  They have the proper pads to protect floors & walls.  And they have the knowledge and back protection to avoid injuring themselves.  If these ladies can't share a kitchen, how would Meri tolerate one of her detested sister wives putting her cutlery or dishes in the wrong cabinet?  Personally I prefer to unpack myself so I can put things where I want them so I can find them again.

And why does she have so much stuff - filling the largest size UHaul and a large trailer (that appeared oversized for the SUV towing it)?

I forgot to mention this, but why would Christine make Ysabel move heavy stuff, anyway?  Last I heard, her scoliosis hadn't improved, and that certainly wouldn't help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Does Meri think she is portraying herself well?  When she mentioned being in Flagstaff and walking on a path near Robyn's house, but nobody called her, it was beyond pathetic.  Was she hoping one of Robyn's kids would see her and invite her in?  You can actually use your phone to call others, toots.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

If Kody really is over Meri, and is not making any progress in trying to rekindle, he needs to let her go because he is not fulfilling his husbandly duties (as his “religion” seemingly sees things). If they’re worried about the story line, they should consider that lots of people watch, cheering, if Meri kicked this ungodly mess to the curb. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If Kody really is over Meri, and is not making any progress in trying to rekindle, he needs to let her go because he is. 

Doesn't losing her jeopardize his post-demise planet though?  Wasn't that the justification for the whole load of BS around polygamy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, sandyskyblue said:

Check out the mansion's floor plan, Meri area seems to be smaller than the other 3 wives, Meri is not going to go for it....also, does anyone think this will actually happen?  Is this all just smoke and mirrors because nothing is going on with them and they have to have something for the show to film??

I am very sure Meri will balk at it.  She is allotted far less space than she has become accustomed to. She won't like that at all. I don't think Christine wants to live in the same house with the others either. I don't think Kody got what he wanted

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

Wondering why Meri thought it okay to discuss her grievances at what was slated to be a light, fun ladies’ luncheon.  If this is typical, it’s no wonder they all looked tense beforehand.  Unless of course, TLC told them upfront.  Either way, rude!

Meri is one giant grievance.  Between her grievances and her walls Meri is one giant party to deal with 🙄

• Love 12
17 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

How come Meri doesn't bring up the Parowan B&B anymore? Did I miss something?

I don't know, but I'm thinking the piano came from there? Because when have we seen her (or anybody) playing a piano?  Unless it's an heirloom, who would move it?

17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

True, the others have an extra bedroom. Meri only has the one. She will seriously explode.

If Kody's clever, he purposely gave her one fewer so she can bitch and he can graciously grant another. But he's not clever, of course.

16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Meri annoys me a lot. But I can sort of understand her position. She has to stand by and watch the three other wives live the life she wanted. They will forever have more kids and more grandkids around.

I'm sure it's painful, but she really does appear to have positive relationships with the younger kids. They run to her and hug her in a way that seems genuinely affectionate. Which makes me wonder if she was chased off from "mothering" the other women's children. I have no kids of my own but am deeply involved in my niece/nephew's lives... but that's with the blessing of their mom. If overtures to the kids are nixed by their moms, that would create even more resentment. We keep saying "so many kids, why don't you help?!" but maybe they don't let her.

8 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Kody actually says "sometimes they (my wives) are best friends" like whaaa? When have any of them been best friends?

There are times when one of them slags him and they all laugh in agreement - I think he probably thinks those rueful moments of solidarity = friendship.

5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

And what a moron: he says that the distances he has to drive now make it easier than it was in Vegas, so he’ll. Have to figure out a new way to do it when they all live in one house. What, install a hazmat shower? 

Isn't the plan that the house is literally built around HIS section, containing the master livingroom/kitchen, and the WIVES come and go? Can't remember if he had his own bedroom, but even if he doesn't, he'll just park himself in the livingroom 18 hrs/day.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Then there's good old Sobbyn saying how very busy and very exhausted her man Kody is so he can't possibly be expected to help move anything. 

Aside from jacking off to his artist renderings, what exactly is he doing with his time? They don't even try to offer anything cryptic.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, here's a complex trigonometry problem for you:

Waterfall is <, >, or = to Wetbar?  Please show your work.

The waterfall/water feature sounds lovely... unless you've ever had water damage in your house. The sound of any dripping or trickling water will chill your very soul.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

Wondering why Meri thought it okay to discuss her grievances at what was slated to be a light, fun ladies’ luncheon.  If this is typical, it’s no wonder they all looked tense beforehand.  Unless of course, TLC told them upfront.  Either way, rude!

Every day is Festivus in Meriland.  Her Airing of Grievances are too numerous to be confined to just one day.  Moving that bed certainly qualifies as a Feat of Strength.

I think Meri will celebrate Festivus all season, complete with an aluminum pole.  It's a holiday that's right up her alley.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

Y'all really are being too hard on Meri regarding her desperation with Kody. 😅

Let the poor woman flirt - it has literally been YEARS since she's likely had sex. I'd be flirting with rocks & walls by that point if I didn't see another way of getting lovin' other than getting back in my "husbands" good graces. 

Of course we all want her to just leave the family, live her own life, find a new man. I sure wish she would. But if she's gonna stick around trying to make things work with the that bunch then of course she's going to flirt with Kody.

Poor lonely horny woman - cut her some slack, y'all. 😂  😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Has anyone figured out if the elevator goes down to the garage level?  It seemed to me that it only began at the entry, if that is the case, it is totally impractical.  I saw a view of the 30+ stairs up to the front door, with no handrail, making bringing groceries home a nightmare, never mind moving in and out.

I wonder if UPS would deliver her LLR shipments to the front door or just toss them in the driveway.  Also, I hope that driveway is heated, I don't care what Meri is driving, navigating that steep, curved hill after an ice storm would be very difficult.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if Meri really believes she needs to stay in the marriage to ensure her eternal salvation. 

JMO but I think Meri would be gone in a flash if she had someone else to go to.

If Sam had been real Meri would have left with no concern for her eternal salvation or Kody's future planet.  

• Love 22

Did my ears hear correctly that Kody said last night, that he and Meri are not living together, but do go out on occasion?

So Meri is out of the rotation schedule since 2015? No wonder Christine seems a lot happier now, that Kody is back to a 3 wife rotation.

Trust me if Kody had to go without sex since 2015 he would have either made up with Meri or divorced already.

There is moving at a slow pace, and there is five years and you may go out once a month. Just let this marriage die already!

• Love 12

Kody's positive comment about Meri's rental having two master bedrooms on two different floors was for his own benefit.  If he ever feigns to rotate to her, they'll each be alone as far away as possible.

The 9 a.m. prayer was stupid.  By 9 a.m., their children are in school and none of them works.  They can all get together physically to pray.  If that's still too much, maybe Kody, their spiritual leader, could conduct a conference call or FaceTime chat.  A 15-minute local drive is prohibitive to them, but Meri can haul back and forth to Utah, and they all can meet for lunch or attend the very important business meetings around the dining table.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

yes, while all this is technically true, is it just me?  or is this house dingy & dated despite all the "amenities"?  The carpeting looks gross, the rock work and water feature look very 30-40 years ago, and that elevator - handy to have but it looks cheap - what's with the plastic, motorhome accordion doors?  Personally, after the first outside glance, it's not very impressive.  And the access is daunting when trying to move in/out.  

This whole show leaves me shaking my head.  Weird people, these Browns.  Kody, with his intense, beady-eyed stare, at times reminds me of a blonde, permed, Charles Manson.

I totally agree, I didn't like anything about her house... The front door seemed to open right into the livingroom and the colors looked like the 80's or 90's all outdated and awful.

What I don't understand is why she would rent such a huge house with that terrible steep driveway, ugly ass water feature, cheap little elevator that looked very small and cramped, stairs everywhere... I hated it.

If the other wives hired people to help why the hell can't Meri??... She's such a petulant child about everything!  I'm so tired of her puffy orange gopher face whining about everything.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, lilsadone said:

Poor lonely horny woman - cut her some slack, y'all.

Totally her choice.  She's got to know she's on his permanent shit list.  So put on your big girl panties, Mer, and walk.

But, of course, she won't as long as the TLC checks are coming in.  A grifter's gotta grift.

• Love 18

These people have no sense of style for themselves or their homes.

Meri saw a great big mansion on a hill bigger than the other wives homes with elevator, waterfall, 2 master suites etc... So she had to have it!

Nevermind that the damn driveway is a nightmare and the whole place is dated and ugly as hell.... It's bigger than the other wives and that's all that matters!!!

All her ass kissers defend her by saying she has to have all that space for her business... I call BS on her needing anything more than an extra bedroom and a large garage for her lulaRAGS plus Meri didn't have a business when they moved to LV but she still insisted on a huge house with all kinds of extras!.... She's extremely childish and immature.

• Love 19

Re the waterfall feature:  when I was a youngster (60's) my family (2 kids) went out to dinner maybe once a month.  We went to a restaurant that had a waterfall feature in the foyer (or is it vestibule?) before the door that entered the eatery.  It smelled funny to me every time...musty, or somethingk.  

Getting stuck in an elevator, or having a musty smell in my house, would be a dill-breaker.  Nope.  If I need help with getting up or down the basement stairs in my house, I would get one of those dills that install on the stairs.  Meri must not be claustrophobic.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Re the waterfall feature:  when I was a youngster (60's) my family (2 kids) went out to dinner maybe once a month.  We went to a restaurant that had a waterfall feature in the foyer (or is it vestibule?) before the door that entered the eatery.  It smelled funny to me every time...musty, or somethingk.  

Getting stuck in an elevator, or having a musty smell in my house, would be a dill-breaker.  Nope.  If I need help with getting up or down the basement stairs in my house, I would get one of those dills that install on the stairs.  Meri must not be claustrophobic.

Yup those old fashioned water features with actual rocks etc almost always smell... They usually have green slimey algae growing in between and under the rocks... If I bought that house it would be the first thing I would rip out....that staircase would look so much better if it was widened.

I'd also rip out that teeny death trap elevator and install a proper one, on the show with the little people family they've had elevators in both their houses and they were lovely, bright, spacious with proper door, no plastic accordion door... Meri's elevator is crap and I felt embarrassed for her as she gushed about it. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

For the delicious, amazing, witty, laugh-out loud snark. 🙂

Kody: I think I can back my enormous truck up your steep and narrow mountainous driveway!

Meri: *giggle*

K: Meri!  Watch my backside!

Meri: *giggle* You got it babe!

K: I meant the truck!

M: YOU'VE GOT THREE INCHES

K: DON'T YELL

M: YOU'RE GONNA TIP OVER

K: No I'm not

M: YOU'RE GONNA HIT THE WALL

K: NO I'M NOT DON'T YELL

M: *giggle*

Me: 🙄

I swear I thought it went like this.

K: DON'T TELL

Three inches would explain Kody's never-ending task of over compensation.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I swear I thought it went like this.

K: DON'T TELL

Three inches would explain Kody's never-ending task of over compensation.

Well, we have seen his tiny feet.

• LOL 8

What do you think of DayunAuroraBreanaAereolaKingSol's joke about the elevator?  When Meri told them not to open any doors when they go inside, the girl asked, "Is someone else coming out of the closet?"  

She blurted it out before Meri even finished her sentence, so it was obviously staged.  Meri walked over to her, still laughing.  Then, the producers cut to Christine on the couch, overemoting about how the girl has such perfect timing and is such a great comedienne.  

Is it 2nd-generation passive-aggressive behavior aimed directly at Meri? or Mariah?  Is it a set-up for an episode or season of Mariah's wedding?  Or, is the girl just an attention-seeking, insensitive brat?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think Kody’s Dream House is designed so he has “his” kitchen in the common living space. I don’t this there was a bedroom. I really cannot imagine this bunch willing to rotate into the same bed. 

Oh, I never thought they'd do that. But I can see him sitting like a King having the wife of the night cook dinner in "his" kitchen, hang out with him in " his" livingroom, and just retreating back to her bedroom to bed. No need to decompress because the other wives will be holed up in their apartments watching the Hallmark channel and they'll gather with the kids for "meetings" but otherwise avoid his space for fear of running into each other. 

I could have sworn at some point he said something about at least having a closet so he wouldn't have his clothes spread out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Is it 2nd-generation passive-aggressive behavior aimed directly at Meri? or Mariah?  Is it a set-up for an episode or season of Mariah's wedding?  Or, is the girl just an attention-seeking, insensitive brat?

Yes, Yes.  And yes.

3 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

And could Kody be any less interested?

No,

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Anlogle said:

I am very sure Meri will balk at it.  She is allotted far less space than she has become accustomed to. She won't like that at all. I don't think Christine wants to live in the same house with the others either. I don't think Kody got what he wanted

Does anyone have a link to the floorplan? I googled but couldn't find a clear image.

32 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

What do you think of DayunAuroraBreanaAereolaKingSol's joke about the elevator?  When Meri told them not to open any doors when they go inside, the girl asked, "Is someone else coming out of the closet?"  

She blurted it out before Meri even finished her sentence, so it was obviously staged.  Meri walked over to her, still laughing.  Then, the producers cut to Christine on the couch, overemoting about how the girl has such perfect timing and is such a great comedienne.  

All I know is if a neighbor had said such a thing Meri would have been furious, fists up and ready for a fight... calling them bigots.

okay but seriously since there's only Meri living there and she has a body like a linebacker, wears clodhopper boots all the time maybe those kids think she's a dyke or something... they don't have a lot of life experience and their religion doesn't condone that lifestyle so who knows what they think.

I'm sure they've heard that her online boyfriend was actually a woman she was sexting with and they know Kody doesn't even want to touch Meri anymore..... plus her new BFF is a gay guy.

I couldn't help but notice how upset Meri is about what they are all saying about her behind closed doors.... the kids probably hear a lot of it.

She knows they've been trashing her but she stays like an old door mat even though she has enough income to be independent

Meri needs to scrape together any self respect she has left and leave.... Kody is never going to take her back in his bed or love her... she embarrassed him and his fragile ego can't take it.

The sister wives do whatever Kody wants, they aren't about to push him to forgive Meri plus I think at least some of them like it that she's been brought down a peg or 10.... when Meri was HBIC she didn't make any friends with them and took every opportunity to stick it to Janelle and Christine...... I thought Janelle was especially snippy to her and wasn't gonna take her stupid shit anymore lol..... meanwhile new HBIC Robyn knows how to treat her sister wives even if it's fake and she's made allies of them.... no one needs Meri anymore.

So boohooooo Meri now it's your turn to be on the bottom and no one cares cause you were always a jealous, nasty person when you had the power.

• Love 13

I don't think I'm going to be able to go a whole season with Meri center stage explaining herself!  Who cares?

Did she really think all of them, women and children,  were going to scramble over to her mcmansion on the hill and carry furniture up flights of stairs?carry

Why did she stay in a hotel when she has three sister wives and a husband in town?A

Maybe they hate her as much as we do but they can't get rid of her because the show must go on!I

Why didn't her daughter and Audrey give her a week of their time to help her?

I think we all know why.  NOBODY CAN STAND HER!!!

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think I'm going to be able to go a whole season with Meri center stage explaining herself!  Who cares?

Did she really think all of them, women and children,  were going to scramble over to her mcmansion on the hill and carry furniture up flights of stairs?carry

Why did she stay in a hotel when she has three sister wives and a husband in town?A

Maybe they hate her as much as we do but they can't get rid of her because the show must go on!I

Why didn't her daughter and Audrey give her a week of their time to help her?

I think we all know why.  NOBODY CAN STAND HER!!!

I can't help but wonder if one of the reasons she chose that house was because of the huge hassle it is to move into and how much help she would need.... I think she had visions of spending hours and hours with Kody.

It looked like it took him a good amount of time just to get the truck up that ridiculous driveway never mind the hours it would take to haul boxes and boxes up long flights of stairs

We know she'd been fantasizing about him helping her put together her king sized bed. 😍

She probably had a fantasy about being trapped in the elevator with Kody ... who knows... she's so crazy.

Were any of her sister wives there that day??  all i saw was King Sol holding Meris hand as she tried her best to flirt with a man who can't stand her.

• Love 7

Can anyone tell me specifically what it is that Kody does that justifies Robyn saying that he is so tired and spreading himself so thin?

I mean Janelle had to hire movers, and I assume that is what Meri did as well, so he wasn't moving all of their furniture and everything.

Almost all of the children are school age, and in school for a majority of the day, plus I believe Robyn and Christine have family members living with them to help care for the children they do have.

Is Kody's big thing that he has to drive to another wife's house every two to three days? I mean us common folk drive to and from work every single day, commuting for hours on end, working at least 8 hour shifts.  He has to drive at the most 30 minutes to get to another wive's home.

I don't really understand why they are claiming he is so busy. What does he do?

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Can anyone tell me specifically what it is that Kody does that justifies Robyn saying that he is so tired and spreading himself so thin?

I mean Janelle had to hire movers, and I assume that is what Meri did as well, so he wasn't moving all of their furniture and everything.

Almost all of the children are school age, and in school for a majority of the day, plus I believe Robyn and Christine have family members living with them to help care for the children they do have.

Is Kody's big thing that he has to drive to another wife's house every two to three days? I mean us common folk drive to and from work every single day, commuting for hours on end, working at least 8 hour shifts.  He has to drive at the most 30 minutes to get to another wive's home.

He is KODY BROWN.  It is exhausting!  Lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

His plyg palace architectural draftsperson lives a couple of hours away, maybe he is taking various bros to visit her.  He took his bald brother last season, and may have taken Meri's BIL Nathan there too.  Kody seems more emotionally bonded to Nathan and Caleb than to any of his wives or children.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

yes, while all this is technically true, is it just me?  or is this house dingy & dated despite all the "amenities"?  The carpeting looks gross, the rock work and water feature look very 30-40 years ago, and that elevator - handy to have but it looks cheap - what's with the plastic, motorhome accordion doors?  Personally, after the first outside glance, it's not very impressive.  And the access is daunting when trying to move in/out.  

So much this. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I think that Robyn's relative, Mindy was just there to help out with the move.  She operates a tanning salon in LV and said that she had no intention of moving with them to Flagstaff.  Robyn will simply have to content herself with assistance from Kody when it comes time to feed Ari and tend to blow-out diapers.

As far as Christine's mom Annie is concerned, she disappeared from the show right around the time she was replaced as hostess at the BnB by Bonnie, Meri's mom.  I didn't even see her at Mitch/Aspyn wedding and I looked for her in the background.

Where oh Where is Annie? 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Does he at least pretend to have a paying job? Outside of what TLC pays them?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

yes, while all this is technically true, is it just me?  or is this house dingy & dated despite all the "amenities"?  The carpeting looks gross, the rock work and water feature look very 30-40 years ago, and that elevator - handy to have but it looks cheap - what's with the plastic, motorhome accordion doors?

Big does not = awesome. That house is ugly and depressing AF. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe someone that follows Christine on Twitter or other social media could ask Christine where Annie is.  I'm curious, too.  Annie seemed such a regular for a long time, and then, poof, she's gone.

Annie was indeed regular, she was even included in Mariah's coming out announcement.  That always struck me as a little odd, the door to the "liberry" was open and Annie was ensconced on the stairway just outside, grinning from ear to ear before anything was said.  It was almost as if she knew beforehand what was coming.

On the FB sites, several have said that Annie is now living with another daughter but a lot of wild speculation goes on there.  I prefer to get my info from reliable sources, like HERE!

• Love 4

Of course Robin has the biggest upstairs and downstairs.  Typical Kody, designing something for the fambly as it existed in 2018.

I wonder if there is one of those chemistry lab showers at the base of the big staircase near the main entry - so Kodouche can wash off the baggage left by the last wife before entering the lair of the next wife.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

I may be spoiled because I can see the Canadian Rockies from my office, but that tree-covered knob - the "view" from the prairiedog plague property - does not take my breath away.

same here... Canadian Rockies ❤️

their mountain view is not what I consider a mountain view.... more like a large hill....

but there were angels singingK  

I wonder if Christines angels sound like her when they singk?  😫

• LOL 8
  • Love 2