Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Lonely in Flagstaff

• Start Topic

But are forced day in and day out to suck it up, pretend all is well, smile sweetly and slowly die inside. To please their God and their God-in-Training earthly Man.

I'm not sure they're suffering as much as you think. They are living in huge houses (except poor Janelle, who somehow got screwed in Flagstaff), driving nice cars, and raising seemingly nice children. They have it much better than many other single moms. Hell, Christine and Robyn don't even appear to work outside the home, and Janelle is only doing the realtor thing part-time, and Meri is making huge money off her public persona by selling the Lularoe crap. Plus, every single one of them has other family and resources, and could leave Kody's ass if they wanted. None of these women are trapped by anything other than laziness and greed. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I'm not sure they're suffering as much as you think. They are living in huge houses (except poor Janelle, who somehow got screwed in Flagstaff), driving nice cars, and raising seemingly nice children. They have it much better than many other single moms. Hell, Christine and Robyn don't even appear to work outside the home, and Janelle is only doing the realtor thing part-time, and Meri is making huge money off her public persona by selling the Lularoe crap. Plus, every single one of them has other family and resources, and could leave Kody's ass if they wanted. None of these women are trapped by anything other than laziness and greed. 

But often times, lack of a true romantic partnership can supercede all of that.

(Janelle's no longer doing real estate, she said that in a recent interview. Which is good, because she sucked at it, and Kody pretty much made it clear, to me anyway, that he was disappointed and annoyed with Janelle for not selling the houses quickly. They should've gotten a professional cleaning crew in to get those homes looking as awesome as possible BEFORE they were put on the market.

• Love 5
On 1/19/2020 at 11:16 AM, AZChristian said:

Remember when they first bought the land for the LV cult-de-sac?  Kody had to make a big deal out of running all around the perimeter to get his smell (or was it "stink" that he said?) on the place.

Their preoccupation with sharing body odor is . . . shall we say . . . odd.

Well...... for all you know he was "marking" his territory like a dog, but TLC felt the audience wasn't ready for that kind of visual.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, LotusFlower said:

Because she *intended* to have more kids.  ‘Member?  

She needs to have a big house so she doesn’t feel punished for not having more kids.  

And a wet bar.

And french doors.

Etc...

Meri has managed to find a way to one up the wet bar. She didn't learn a thing from that fiasco.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2020 at 8:42 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Meri is giving the middle finger to the other wives with her nicer home.  Robyn's might have more square footage, but Meri's was the best.  I could see the looks on the faces of Christine's and Janelle's children.  Like why can't we have one this nice.  They could have all lived in Robyn's, I believe it even had a small guest house, that Meri could have lived in.  Flagstaff is an expensive place to live.  Not sure why they chose that area.  People living in expensive homes don't want filming crews in their neighborhood.

The idea of being one family is a joke when it comes to the Browns.  They all live in different homes and even when there is a need for someone to have housing, they prefer to return to their Las Vegas rental or rent a hotel room to temporarily staying in another wife's home (with ample space).  That says it all.

• Love 5
On 1/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, dsteele said:

It's quite simple, really. Waterfall > Wetbar.

Follow along:

Intersecting fluxations hovering over a waterfall can be predicted by calculating the fluid's grammeters and contrasting them with an isopolar derivation of Spurving's coefficient. Then, of course, the use of anhydrous nagling pins enabled a kyptonastic boiling farnum to be tankered. This is a distinct advance on the standard wetbar in that no drammock oil is required after the phase detractors have remissed.

See?

This reminds me of Amazon Prime Video's The Patriot...have you seen it?

On 1/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, Sandy W said:

Dr. Nancy should have been long gone and a true professional brought in to make sense of the motivations behind their actions. 

They don't want someone to tell them what's up.  They want Dr. Nancy, who sits there and nods thoughtfully, jots down some doodles, completely ignores the gigantic elephant in the room and sends them home with wisdom she gleaned off the back cover of a clearance-bin self help book.  She's not helping them in the least, but they don't rilly want her to, because they know that the heart of their misery is polygamy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Re Meri's elevator: in the image of the house on a real estate site, there appeared to be four floor buttons in a vertical row. Which would suggest that it does go down to the garage/basement, as you would expect of an elevator in that kind of house. It would be weird to install an elevator in a multi-floor house that didn't actually make it accessible to a disabled or elderly person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Kid said:

Frankly, I think they should kick his ass out. Go back to Las Vegas to their houses, and they would be a lot happier with just the four of them.

Well you are close.  They should boot out Robyn along with Kody, and Meri should go live at the B&B, which is the only place I think she can be happy.  Then Janelle and Christine can live on the same street.  Their Vegas houses already sold so there is no going back.

• Love 7
On 1/23/2020 at 9:07 AM, laurakaye said:

Dr. Nancy should have been long gone and a true professional brought in to make sense of the motivations behind their actions. 

Yeah, I don't care enough to research Dr Nancy's credentials, but based on some of the episodes with her I saw a land mine of ethical issues. I think most of what she "offers" borders on malpractice and she harmed more than helped any of those women. But a real therapist would point out the abusive and toxic nature of their relationships and then TLC wouldn't have its show, so.... we have Nancy. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Well you are close.  They should boot out Robyn along with Kody, and Meri should go live at the B&B, which is the only place I think she can be happy.  Then Janelle and Christine can live on the same street.  Their Vegas houses already sold so there is no going back.

That’s my biggest issue with this show: they give us stuff that happened over a year ago. Anyone who follows what the family outside the show already knows their homes sold, this happened, that didn’t happen and so on. By the time they air it, it’s old news. So far, I’m a little bored. 

Yawn. They better have a surprise in store this season because this shit is getting old. At least it’s only an hour versus two. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

That’s my biggest issue with this show: they give us stuff that happened over a year ago. Anyone who follows what the family outside the show already knows their homes sold, this happened, that didn’t happen and so on. By the time they air it, it’s old news. So far, I’m a little bored. 

Yawn. They better have a surprise in store this season because this shit is getting old. At least it’s only an hour versus two. 

That is the honest truth.  Even Meri (or one of them) tweeted something in regards to "How long can they drag out the one house conversation?"  Watching an entire hour of Kody handing each of the wives a vase of flowers for Valentines Day and then fighting over the one house is NOT exciting TV.  It's not even interesting TV.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Let's face it, they ran out of ideas and interesting stories a long time ago.  Why this crap continues is a mystery to me.  I guess because people watch.  Not that there IS anything to watch in my opinion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That is the honest truth.  Even Meri (or one of them) tweeted something in regards to "How long can they drag out the one house conversation?"  Watching an entire hour of Kody handing each of the wives a vase of flowers for Valentines Day and then fighting over the one house is NOT exciting TV.  It's not even interesting TV.

Waiting to see if he gives them all the same size vase of flowers or does one get a larger and  more elaborate one.  Does he give one long stem roses and the others get shall we say carnations?  If he has even a modicum of sense he would tell the florist to make up 4 identical vases. But I'm hoping that production sees to it that it is the former and we get to see Kody presenting Robyn the vase of long stem red roses. Then he explains that it is really not a big dill because she usually get the crumbs. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Waiting to see if he gives them all the same size vase of flowers or does one get a larger and  more elaborate one.  Does he give one long stem roses and the others get shall we say carnations?  If he has even a modicum of sense he would tell the florist to make up 4 identical vases. But I'm hoping that production sees to it that it is the former and we get to see Kody presenting Robyn the vase of long stem red roses. Then he explains that it is really not a big dill because she' a crumb.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist!  I agree with everything here.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Waiting to see if he gives them all the same size vase of flowers or does one get a larger and  more elaborate one.  Does he give one long stem roses and the others get shall we say carnations?  If he has even a modicum of sense he would tell the florist to make up 4 identical vases. But I'm hoping that production sees to it that it is the former and we get to see Kody presenting Robyn the vase of long stem red roses. Then he explains that it is really not a big dill because she usually get the crumbs. 

1 gets long stem roses, 1 gets carnations, 1 gets kale, 1 gets whatever grows on the side of the road.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

ooh sounds about right. And I am all about the dills and the fillings. and we know Kody and Robyn are as well. So there you go.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2