Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Reunion (Part 2)

• Start Topic

The women discuss the highs and lows of their trip to Thailand, including LeeAnne's L'Infinity dress debacle and the visit to the red light district; questions over LeeAnne's shocking remarks turn into an argument between LeeAnne and the whole group.

Airs January 8, 2020.

• Love 1

LeeAnne is truly an emotional cripple.  She has no idea what to do with these accusations.  She would do this all again tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself.

Why Andy would keep her on the show is beyond me.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, charming said:

LeeAnne knows she's getting demoted/fired. 

I couldn't enjoy the rightful LeeAnne dragging because I was confused about the inconsistencies. 

Andy is happily promoting Danielle Stab being a guest on WWHL when she's on video talking about Mexicans and dropping the N word.

Brandi's got a video where she's mocking an Asian woman's accent. 

Andy read a view question where they said LeeAnne's comments were very much "build the wall" but Brandi and Stephanie are supportive of that. 

D'Andra says she's 100% sure that LeeAnne is a racist yet she was best friends with her for years?

They all said they never thought Bravo would air the comments so that means it was okay? 

This was just not a good look for many of these women. 

100% agreed. I cannot get behind D'Andra at all because her indignation does not ring true to me. D'Andra was on some board or something supporting Trump as a candidate. The fact that Brandi just got an endorsement from Danielle Staub is not something that she should be flattered by. 

• Love 17

Well.  Their comments about LeeAnne, which were correct, sort of dug a giant hole for Brandi coming back.

Kam is the only one who made a public statement. Everyone else is silent.  Not about LeeAnne, but not a peep about Brandi.

So I think their statements aren't very heartfelt.  They said what people want to hear.

And Stephanie just made excuses for Brandi's racist video on WWHL.  Andy on the other hand had the same stink eye, he was giving LeeAnne during the reunion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This Is what bothered me:  this was virtue signaling of the highest order.  Andy with his pile of questions disgusts me.  He had no interest in getting into a deep discussion about what is so offensive about “Mexican” as opposed to “white.”  He wanted to read off cards about how sad Leeanne made him.  Andy likes to get drunk and he gets heated.  I would bet good money he talks like this and worse on a semi-regular basis. 

I mean...I wasn’t going to comment on Brandi’s leaked video, because I thought it was more of a nontroversy, but her sitting up there like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth is a shining example of the hypocrisy that happened here.

I think it should have been brought up, there should have been a discussion, and everyone should have moved on.  Leeanne apologized at the finale.  Since everything gets rehashed at the reunion, hell, apologize again, and it’s over.  No one has to accept this apology, but to harp on it in an effort to show how sensitive and superior you are makes me ill. 

Yes to all of this. Just yes. At this point I'm more disgusted by Andy and the rest of the cast than I am by LeeAnne. Get off your fucking high horses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
27 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Leanne reaches out to her Twitter followers to have racism explained to her? What about the Mexican family that raised her?

That was a Lie!  This girl lies so much.  Everything out of her mouth and Andy told us so.

8 minutes ago, charming said:

LeeAnne knows she's getting demoted/fired. 

I couldn't enjoy the rightful LeeAnne dragging because I was confused about the inconsistencies. 

Andy is happily promoting Danielle Stab being a guest on WWHL when she's on video talking about Mexicans and dropping the N word.

Brandi's got a video where she's mocking an Asian woman's accent. 

Andy read a viewer question where they said LeeAnne's comments were very much "build the wall" but Brandi and Stephanie are supportive of that. 

D'Andra says she's 100% sure that LeeAnne is a racist yet she was best friends with her for years?

They all said they never thought Bravo would air the comments so that means it was okay? 

This was just not a good look for many of these women. 

They go all over the place!

They violated Rich’s rights.

Andy asked why Rich was disabled after knowing he is a legal disabled military vet.

THEN.......D’Andra spilled his entire disability roster. 

50% disability for sleep apnea????? Really? 

• Love 8

I'm not sure ANY of these women redeemed themselves very well.  They sure were quiet when asked why they hadn't said anything to Kary before they realized this was all going to be shown.  I'm just glad it's over for a while!

Maybe MeAnne can go get herself some REAL counseling now.  I still contend she's gonna have a hard time being a "philanthropist in Dallas society" anytime soon for a BUNCH of reasons.

• Love 9

That was exactly the same energy as the old ladies who used to sit around and clutch their pearls about slutty women who had sex before marriage or ho-mo-sex-u-als.  The way they clearly got off on shaming someone, over and over again -- just fucking gross.

Kameron came across the best tonight. 

• Love 16

Thank you Jeremy for your service.  No one should tell him to get a 'real' job after 20 years of service in how many wars.  That was offensive.

Sorry LeeAnne you have no credibility whatsoever.  I'm not a fan of Kary's but you were so out of line with racists comments.  You knew exactly what you were doing but you're so much about yourself,  you don't get it because you have had a worse life than anyone in the world.  As much as Andy was frustrated with her, I think she'll be back.  Unfortunately.

I think I'll always be a Steph fan.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Kary and D'Andra just bug me so much. I did feel for Kary because I am sure she's embarrassed and hurt by the comments. I hope she doesn't come back though. She just seems like a horrible person. 

I would have felt for her more if she hadn't spent last week and the first half of this one smirking at Leanne and boasting that her husband licks her asshole.  Right before she "can't look at her".

1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Did LeeAnne manage to squeeze a tear out either time she “broke down”?  Or did she just dab at her eyes and sniffle. 

None of them did - Brandi wins the prize for coming closest during her virtue signaling with the folding chair.

1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

"I do bad things but I'm not a bad person and there's a difference" says Leanne.  Isn't that what she says every single season?  And we see no difference in her behaviour.  Is that her only takeaway from her therapists?

Don't forget the size of her amygdalla (?)

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I hope Andy’s performative disgust actually results in LeeAnne not being asked back. While I think Andy didn’t like her “Mexican” comments, he seemed more angry re: her lies about production. I was LIVING for his head shakes and curt “not true(s)” when LeeAnne spoke. I wish he would do that with more of the housewives.

Even if it was calculated, I appreciated Kam acknowledging the reality of sex trafficking. And I thought Brandi sounded idiotic when she told Kam she was just being manipulated. Brandi seems to be conflating two entirely different things: LeeAnne’s tirade against Kam (total manipulation) and Kam researching sex workers and Thailand once she got home (probably in response to comments on SM). All of the other women looked horrible in comparison for not saying anything. I fear the sparkle is starting to rub off my precious unicorn, Stephanie.

Also, Brandi: take your chair and have a seat. You can miss me with your outrage after your yellowface performance.

• Love 22

I promise I actually have a life and hopefully my username signals that I actually have a career besides watching these ridiculous shows that I hate to love, but I do creep on social media sometimes. And I have to say, Kameron, Stephanie, and even Brandi have spent time with LeeAnne or sent her loving messages on social media since this season started. They knew by the end of the season what comments she made. That makes this whole grand proclamation that she's a racist even more of a show to me.

I feel like Kameron said it best, LeeAnn was dead wrong and she needs to make it right. The best way is probably to take herself off of all of our screens, but only time will tell. The rest of the women were showboating. Actions speak louder than words to me. How many of them actually engage and have close friendships with people who do not look like them? Based on what I've seen, ironically, the only one who truly does is LeeAnn (not that having friends of color exempts you from being bigoted). I just find that interesting. 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8

Andy clearly hates Leanne it’s Kind of uncomfortable to watch.

Leannes excuses were a joke tho come on. All the excuses make me think she actually is kind of racist. Leanne is also such a suck up to Kameron it’s embarrassing to watch. Leanne’s tears were so fake too.

Liked D’andra at the reunion.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I was going to devote this post to the bigotry, but a few things caught my attention, so I’ll just throw them out there quickly:

So now happy hour was Kari’s “girls’ night?”  Alrighty then.  Kari, your snob is showing about Leeanne’s lack of travel.  Five countries ain’t nothing to sneeze at.  

I think Brandi found herself a kindred spirit in Kari when she talked about the licking of arse wholes...oh my word.

——————————

So here I go with my two cents:

“Do you think being called out as a Mexican is racist?”  Is that actually a serious question?  That is the most anti-Mexican thing I have heard on this show so far.

I think the package of Leanne’s “Mexican” comments had the opposite of its intended effect on me.  There was no smoking gun; just some stupid shit about Mexico and being Mexican.  She never actually put Mexicans down or used a slur.  I just don’t care very much anymore.  There are so many more things to be upset about.  

I thought Andy banned props at the season five reunion of RH of Atlanta when Porsha attacked Kenya for taunting her with a scepter and bullhorn.  Brandi yanking out the folding chair was really overkill and it made her look so stupid.

I didn’t buy Kari’s tears.  What exactly was upsetting her?  She wasn’t upset at the finale party (and I gave her credit for that at the time).  She was the one who used a Mexican stereotype first.  Leeanne never said anything about Kari’s family.  Kari said things about her family, but we went over that already in part one.

This Is what bothered me:  this was virtue signaling of the highest order.  Andy with his pile of questions disgusts me.  He had no interest in getting into a deep discussion about what is so offensive about “Mexican” as opposed to “white.”  He wanted to read off cards about how sad Leeanne made him.  Andy likes to get drunk and he gets heated.  I would bet good money he talks like this and worse on a semi-regular basis. 

He had no interest in getting into a deep discussion about what is so offensive about “Mexican” as opposed to “white.”  

Do you understand this....... Mexican as opposed to white?

Why Mexicans can call themselves Mexican a billion times.....but, a white person is not allowed to use it the way LeAnne did?

Because, I am thinking ......wow! Someone gets it in historical terms.  The roots of this type of racism.

But, then you posted all the other stuff.  🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 4

Many Mexicans are white. In fact there is a shit ton of racism in Mexico between Mexicans of mostly European descent and those that are predominantly indigenous. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14

Did LeeAnne manage to squeeze a tear out either time she “broke down”?

These women need to attend Lisa Rinna's seminar on How To Squeeze Out a Tear at a RH Reunion.

ShamelessShadyCranefly-size_restricted.g

I guess he won't be inviting her back to the Bravo float at NYC Pride...btw, am curious when that took place in relation to the current season of this show...was it during filming? Before?

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

If any person hates someone else because of where they come from, yes, it’s the same.  I guess it’s my privilege that allows me to think that NO ONE should use anyone else’s ancestry or citizenship as an insult. I don’t think there should be a scale of racism appropriateness, and that at the top of the scale are the people one should reference in the least racist ways, and the bottom of the list are the people one can say anything they want about because their country has been less oppressed. 

LeeAnn probably still doesn’t fully understand why what she said was so wrong. Maybe she will never truly get it.  She knows everyone agrees it was wrong and that she should apologize for it, so she did.  I’m not sure what people hope to accomplish by beating the dead horse for so long after someone has been exposed as racist.  She’s either going to change her views or she won’t, but once racism has been brought to light, what really is the end game of continuing to point to that person with a giant arrow and the word racist on it forevermore?

i have a racist relative.  The rest of us made it clear to him we are not on board with it and asked him to please refrain from trying to discuss his racist opinions at family gatherings. He did not stop, so we no longer spend time with him.  He knows why, it was made clear. But we don’t send him letters regularly to remind him we still think he’s a racist.  We don’t put signs in his front yard to make sure his neighbors know and never forget.  We don’t talk about it on social media.  It was enough to let him know his bigotry is not supported by his family, he chose to continue being a bigot, he’s presumably a very lonely person now, or maybe he has a nasty pack of racist friends he can hang out with and hate-share, I don’t know. I’m just saying that there is only so much you can get from a person, and aside from watching LeeAnn bleed out from multiple wounds while everyone chants RACIST RACIST RACIST, it just seems like no one will be satisfied. 

She was wrong. I think anyone who says those kinds of things are wrong.  I don’t care who they are saying it about. Racism is a belief that one’s race is inferior to another’s. This applies to everyone on the planet.  It is just wrong, across the board. Nailing LeeAnn to the church door got the message across, but I still think maybe the punishment went on for too long. Everyone gets it, LeeAnn is shit.  The reunion could have been taken down to one hour.

• Love 22

I thought it was interesting that they didn’t end with a toast with alcohol like they frequently do, I wonder if that is why Andy looked annoyed at Brandi for having a flask because it was supposed to be a “dry” set, in the past casts from some other shows have drank during the show.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

You’re right- it is privilege that allows people to not understand racism or think that power doesn’t fit into it. I agree that it’s not great to use ethnicity and national origin as an insult, but that’s not “racism.” You’re not defining racism, you’re defining “prejudice.” Racism is prejudice plus power. 

Are people putting signs on LeeAnne’s front lawn? Is your relative on a reality show?  LeeAnne signed up to put her life on display and she has been rewarded financially for it. If people want to call out her behavior at the reunion or on social media, that’s part of the deal when you choose to go on a reality show. You open up your life and your behavior to questioning and criticism. Frankly, I’d be happy to never talk about LeeAnne again and have her off my TV, but as long as she is seeking fame, it’s fair to discuss her racism just like we discuss the rest of the stuff housewives do.

I copied the words from the definition of racism, but ok, I’m not going to argue the semantics of what comes down to personal perceptions and assumptions about the lives of total strangers. My point is that a tremendous amount of time was spent flogging and reflogging LeeAnn over the same thing.  It was addressed, and then rehashed repeatedly as if some kind of different result was expected from her as long as they all kept calling her a racist enough times.  Multiple hours of airtime  about her using the word Mexican inappropriately is too much.  At no point have I ever said it should not have been covered, or that she shouldn’t have been put in the hot seat for what she did, or that it shouldn’t be discussed here.  I’m saying the way it was handled turned into overkill, and for them to spend so much time pointing out that she said racist things during the season, and then said more possibly racist things 4 months later, and then nitpicking the different ways she tried to apologize or cringily explain herself, became ridiculous. The point was made, everyone said she’s a disgusting racist, and that should have been enough.  Nothing was accomplished by throwing everything but the kitchen sink at her, except to eventually look like she was being harassed just to break her down into admitting she’s irredeemable scum.

It was all gross.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Multiple hours of airtime  about her using the word Mexican inappropriately is too much.  At n

There was one clip package and one segment dealing with it. They aired a lot of those conversations not just because of the racism against Kary but her behavior over all. There are also many, many hours of her talking about being a carnie and her childhood and the fact that all the women thought it wouldn’t air is very telling about shit that was probably left on the cutting room floor.
LeeAnne also tried to imply there was only one incident when she was upset by the address but that wasn’t the case so showing it all is a good way to refute her lies. As Andy pointed out she has done shit to change her behavior or her excuses since long after the finale when she knew it was going to be mentioned on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

And Stephanie just made excuses for Brandi's racist video on WWHL.  Andy on the other hand had the same stink eye, he was giving LeeAnne during the reunion. 

I saw that. Shame on Stephanie for the excuses. She was talking in circles. I'll say one thing for her, she's a ride or die bestie. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

There was one clip package and one segment dealing with it. They aired a lot of those conversations not just because of the racism against Kary but her behavior over all. There are also many, many hours of her talking about being a carnie and her childhood and the fact that all the women thought it wouldn’t air is very telling about shit that was probably left on the cutting room floor.
LeeAnne also tried to imply there was only one incident when she was upset by the address but that wasn’t the case so showing it all is a good way to refute her lies. As Andy pointed out she has done shit to change her behavior or her excuses since long after the finale when she knew it was going to be mentioned on the show.

I totally agree. If LeeAnne can use her shitty childhood to excuse her bad behavior over and over again, why can't she be questioned over her racist comments towards Kary over and over again, especially when she called out Kary's ethnicity numerous times?

23 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I saw that. Shame on Stephanie for the excuses. She was talking in circles. I'll say one thing for her, she's a ride or die bestie. 

I personally don't think Brandi's video was racist. It was politically incorrect. But I didn't hear the hate in Brandi's heart for Asian people that I heard in LeeAnne's heart when she talked about Kary being Mexican. It wasn't just LeeAnne repeatably referencing Kary's ethnicity--it was the condescending and hateful tone she used when she did it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

I copied the words from the definition of racism, but ok, I’m not going to argue the semantics of what comes down to personal perceptions and assumptions about the lives of total strangers. My point is that a tremendous amount of time was spent flogging and reflogging LeeAnn over the same thing.  It was addressed, and then rehashed repeatedly as if some kind of different result was expected from her as long as they all kept calling her a racist enough times.  Multiple hours of airtime  about her using the word Mexican inappropriately is too much.  At no point have I ever said it should not have been covered, or that she shouldn’t have been put in the hot seat for what she did, or that it shouldn’t be discussed here.  I’m saying the way it was handled turned into overkill, and for them to spend so much time pointing out that she said racist things during the season, and then said more possibly racist things 4 months later, and then nitpicking the different ways she tried to apologize or cringily explain herself, became ridiculous. The point was made, everyone said she’s a disgusting racist, and that should have been enough.  Nothing was accomplished by throwing everything but the kitchen sink at her, except to eventually look like she was being harassed just to break her down into admitting she’s irredeemable scum.

It was all gross.

The problem IMO was every time LeeAnne apologized for her remarks about Kary, she followed it up with excuses and denials. I do agree that the women have ganged up on LeeAnne in the past, which is one of the reasons I became a fan of hers. I always felt she was held to a much high standard than everyone else. But tonight was the one I didn't mind LeeAnne's feet being held to the fire because she deserved to be called to be publicly called out.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Marley said:

Leannes excuses were a joke tho come on. All the excuses make me think she actually is kind of racist. Leanne is also such a suck up to Kameron it’s embarrassing to watch. Leanne’s tears were so fake too.

Liked D’andra at the reunion.

I agree, but LeAnn is racist. She just doesn’t want to admit it, that’s why she’s making all the excuses. Racism comes in varying degrees, or on a spectrum and all racism is ugly and no one wants to cop to it. 

That said, Kari is a big asshole and LeeAnn’s hatred toward her turned foul because she used her nationality (that Kari herself brought up ALL THE TIME) as a derogatory term. 

• Love 12

They wasted an opportunity. It could have been an opportunity to educate Lee-Anne, and anyone watching who's unclear, about why what she said was wrong.  But I did not get the feeling that that was anyone's objective (maybe Kam's); they, as others have said, were just very happy to signal their virtue by disapproving of something every (even halfway) reasonable person disapproves of anyway. 

Lee-Anne did apologize several times, did say she now understood why it was wrong, and did say she wouldn't do it again. That's pretty much all she can do, and all that can be expected from reasonable people, for now. 

We need to leave room for forgiveness for people who genuinely see the error of their ways, who sincerely regret doing and saying hurtful and unfair things, and who promise to do better and do.  

• Love 20

In all honesty, I never even thought of Kary as Mexican throughout the season, not that there is a damn thing wrong with being Mexican.  I didn't think Kary was any better or any worse than any of the other idiots on these shows.  

If Leanne is on next season, it will simply be due to the fact that she is only real "lightning rod" on the show.  Each year, she has been the center of just about every conflict or at least very close to it.  

I could see Brandi and Leanne getting the boot.  Brandi has been lacking in much of a story line. 

I actually like Deandra.  I like her openness to trying new things and kind of rolling with the flow when they go on vacation.  

Andy may have appeared to be hard on Leanne, but honestly he consistently calls people out when they lie about production (I'm thinking of crazy Kelly from NY).  It just seemed like a lot here because Leanne repeatedly lied about production throughout the reunion.  

Leanne has only apologized now because her only source of real income, the show, is on the line.  

I did get a chuckle watching WWHL last night as Andy claimed that they don't tolerate physical violence (in reference to crazy Danielle and Margaret on NJ); however Nene got a free pass over her violent behavior last season.  

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Did LeeAnne manage to squeeze a tear out either time she “broke down”?  Or did she just dab at her eyes and sniffle. 

She didn't even dab her eyes lol she just squinted them did the fake cry sound then 2 sec later was fine lol 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

Lee-Anne did apologize several times, did say she now understood why it was wrong, and did say she wouldn't do it again. That's pretty much all she can do, and all that can be expected from reasonable people, for now. 

But a hollow apology isn't a real apology ... she was still trying to deflect and make excuses and blame it on everything but herself  ... she lied (everyone in Texas says that), then lied about the lie (well I heard people saying it) then admitted she never even reached out to Kary because of "production" (she sure tried to blame production for a lot of things she did wrong didn't she?)... that's not a real apology ..... that's being CAUGHT in the lie and trying to worm her way out of it without really taking responsibility.. the super cut of her making the same derogatory statement with the vile spit of the word Mexican not once not twice but OVER AND OVER AND OVER was BAD.. this wasn't a slip of the tongue or a that's not who I am this was ingrained into her thoughts deeply  .... And for a woman to be throwing out how scared she was for Dandra being a drunk she sure tried to use the I was drunk so its not my fault excuse and I don't remember  A LOT...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11