Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Reunion (Part 2)

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But a hollow apology isn't a real apology ... she was still trying to deflect and make excuses and blame it on everything but herself  ... she lied (everyone is Texas says that), then lied about the lie (well i heard people saying it) then admitted she never even reached out to Kary because of "production" (she sure tried to blame production for a lot of things she did wrong didn't she?)... that's not a real apology ..... that's being CAUGHT in the lie and trying to worm her way out of it without really taking responsibility

I don't know whether Lee-Anne's apology was sincere or not. I hope it was, and I hope she understands that using a person's nationality in a pejorative way is not okay. I hope she gets it now.

I do think we, if we really do want to make the world a better place, need to allow people to grow and learn and get better and do better. And once they do, make room for forgiveness. 

We should be encouraging people's blossoming awakenings, not stamping them out before they get a chance to fully take, right?

• Love 17
11 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I can't stand Leanne but I also can't stand Kary's voice - she begins every statement with "you know" and she almost has a monotone voice - hate it.

YES! Beyond that Kary's voice sounds so gravely, like she has smoked two PPD for 30 years. I detest her thinking its appropriate for her husband to buy her her own condo. That is what separated people do. Its obvious to all she is only with him for what he can do for her financially. I don't know  why he doesn't kick her to the curb. And I highly doubt her cheap looking jewelry line would sustain her.
These women that think they are above real jobs make my blood boil. Hey Kary, you aren't that special.

Hoping Andy ax's her. She brought zero to the season.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

I don't know whether Lee-Anne's apology was sincere or not. I hope it was, and I hope she understands that using a person's nationality in a pejorative way is not okay. I hope she gets it now.

I do think we, if we really do want to make the world a better place, need to allow people to grow and learn and get better and do better. And once they do, make room for forgiveness. 

We should be encouraging people's blossoming awakenings, not stamping them out before they get a chance to fully take, right?

Leanne doesn't grow she deflects and blames others and her past ...She still does that to this day about EVERYTHING .. She took no responsibility at all blamed others then said I'm sorry that was not a real apology point blank period ... that's making excuses for her to continue being a bad person with no ownership ... she had how many months between filming the show and the reunion to reach out to Kary but didn't? shes not sorry she said it shes sorry she got called out for it 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, Irritable said:

I’m sure some people would have a problem with the word chirpy because it’s a less accurate adjective for LeeAnn than it is for Kary.  And it’s ok for the women to call LeeAnn crazy and psycho as much as they want to, because that’s less mean and insensitive, apparently.  Shaming mental illness is fair game. Knowingly provoking LeeAnn when they know she’s not completely stable is fine, but anything she says in reaction is not acceptable.

the fact she uses her past has a shield to be a shitty person no longer flies after how many years on this show?? Its not a get out of jail free card to use whenever she feels like it ...Shes not trying to work on herself she is just using it to be able to say and do whatever mean thing she wants and thinks that's ok cause everyone has let her slide with it her whole life.. 4 seasons deep into this show she is STILL doing it...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 16
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

Maybe in Canada!  Land of politeness and civility!

All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%.  For me, the sincere apology is the first step.  Next?  Show with your actions and deeds.  Along with that? Accept that for the rest of your life, a choice you made will always be with you.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Leanne doesn't grow she deflects and blames others and her past ...She still does that to this day about EVERYTHING .. She took no responsibility at all blamed others then said I'm sorry that was not a real apology point blank period ... that's making excuses for her to continue being a bad person with no ownership ... she had how many months between filming the show and the reunion to reach out to Kary but didn't? shes not sorry she said it shes sorry she got called out for it 

Some have alleged that Brandi's apology was a non-apology and she engaged in a lot of excuse making about her video imitation of an Asian person.  Should we apply the same rigid standard to her? 

I'm not a Brandi fan, and tbh I did think her imitation was racist and "It was a damn fine impersonation and I would do it again for an audition" was a big, big problem. But, I'm making room for her to learn and grow, and choosing not to write her off as a hopeless, terminal racist. I think Lee-Anne should get the same treatment.

17 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Party of one here....I actually like Kary, she was calling Leann out left and right with rapid fire and Leann just couldn't come up with any retorts.  Leann was almost in the "I know you are but what am I" stage of comebacks.  

I can't sit with you, but I'm sending a round of drinks because I like your take -up-for-the-underdog vibe!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Jel said:

Some have alleged that Brandi's apology was a non-apology and she engaged in a lot of excuse making about her video imitation of an Asian person.  Should we apply the same rigid standard to her? 

See this is were it becomes weird why does Brandi's apology or lack there of have anything to do with Leannes? one does not negate the other.. that's why Leanne and her party planner threw that out to get the heat off Leanne and place it on Brandi .... AGAIN one does not have anything to do with the other... this is the same ploy that was used on Beverly Hills with puppygate .... one does not make the other less its just CLASSIC DEFLECTION and in no way takes away the really vile shitty way Leanne was speaking over and over and over and over  at all. Just like what Leanne said has nothing to do with the video that Brandi posted and is getting dragged for .. two totally different things

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Maybe in Canada!  Land of politeness and civility!

All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%.  For me, the sincere apology is the first step.  Next?  Show with your actions and deeds.  Along with that? Accept that for the rest of your life, a choice you made will always be with you.  

Spoken like a woman who has never been in a Canadian city when their hockey teams loses!

• LOL 15
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'm not a Brandi fan, and tbh I did think her imitation was racist and "It was a damn fine impersonation and I would do it again for an audition" was a big, big problem. But, I'm making room for her to learn and grow, and choosing not to write her off as a hopeless, terminal racist. I think Lee-Anne should get the same treatment.

I can't sit with you, but I'm sending a round of drinks because I like your take -up-for-the-underdog vibe!

I will graciously accept your pity round.  LOL  Tito's on the rocks w a lemon wedge please....

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, Irritable said:

Did we really need a 2 hour reunion of LeeAnn being roasted over hot coals for every single word she uttered and how horrible her wedding and reception was for her guests?

(snip)

I’m just saying LeeAnn was certainly not the only asshole this season. And I hate watching one person being ganged up on, especially when it goes on FOREVER, and there was no path LeeAnn could have taken that wouldn’t have led to the same result. They were there to break her down no matter what she said, no matter how long it took, period.

I want to like this 1000 times!

What does everyone WANT from her?  They want to beat her up emotionally until she understands?  Take away her income?  Make sure she loses every friend she has?  What is the point?  No one can change the way someone thinks, that person has to do it for themselves.   You can make the point over and over again but as you said in another post, to what end??  What do they want?

Apologies aren't good enough, unless it is heartfelt.  How heartfelt is heartfelt enough?  Who decides this? 

I cannot stand a witch hunt.  It is sickening.

4 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I totally agree. If LeeAnne can use her shitty childhood to excuse her bad behavior over and over again, why can't she be questioned over her racist comments towards Kary over and over again, especially when she called out Kary's ethnicity numerous times?

But why?  Why does she need to be questioned over and over?  What does that do?  And is that entertainment?  I used to like to watch this show for entertainment.  The public stoning of a person who everyone has decided said some problematic things is seriously messed up.  It is like a public execution.  Everyone feel good after that?

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

See this is were it becomes weird why does Brandi's apology or lack there of have anything to do with Leannes? one does not negate the other.. thats why Leanne and her party planner threw that out to get the heat off Leanne and place it on Brandi .... AGAIN one does not have anything to do with the other... this is the same ploy that was used on Beverly Hills with puppygate .... one does not make the other less

No, it's not weird. It's about fairness and the integrity of ideas and principles. If we have a set of standards, it needs to apply equally, across the board, and not just to people we dislike. We can't excuse the same kind of behavior from one person because we like them, and pillory the other person because we don't. If we do that, our standards are meaningless.  

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

See this is were it becomes weird why does Brandi's apology or lack there of have anything to do with Leannes? one does not negate the other.. thats why Leanne and her party planner threw that out to get the heat off Leanne and place it on Brandi .... AGAIN one does not have anything to do with the other... this is the same ploy that was used on Beverly Hills with puppygate .... one does not make the other less

It doesn't. But the inconsistency in opinion does.

For example, I don't disagree with the sentiment at all that this was revenge from the wedding planner and possibly LeeAnne.  However.  If Brandi hadn't made the racist remarks and posted it?  There would have been nothing to use against her.

People excuse LeeAnne's behavior and blast Brandi.  People excuse Brandi's behavior and blast LeeAnne.

In my humble opinion, both of them should be blasted and both of them should be treated as Jel describes, once there is a sincere apology.

Both ladies used racism to make a point.

Both ladies doubled down when called out on it.

Both ladies have since issued apologies that kind of sound like PR written apologies. 

For me?  The biggest difference is:  one happened on the show and one didn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the fact she uses her past has a shield to be a shitty person no longer flies after how many years on this show?? Its not a get out of jail free card to use whenever she feels like it ...Shes not trying to work on herself she is just using it to be able to say and do whatever mean thing she wants and thinks that's ok cause everyone has let her slide with it her whole life.. 4 seasons deep into this show she is STILL doing it...

I haven’t seen anyone here say that LeeAnn’s past excuses her behavior.  I said the women can call her crazy and psycho knowing that she is mentally unstable and emotionally unwell, and that has never been addressed as being insensitive.  Just because her particular mental issues make her unlikable doesn’t mean she deserves to be spoken about like the village nutcase.  I used that as an example of how lopsided the distribution of citations from the morality police has become on this show. Ten thousand demerits for racially insensitive comments, zero demerits for mental illness-related insensitive comments, especially if the mentally ill person is LeeAnn.  

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

No, it's not weird. It's about fairness and the integrity of ideas and principles. If we have a set of standards, it needs to apply equally, across the board, and not just to people we dislike. We can't excuse the same kind of behavior from one person because we like them, and pillory the other person because we don't. If we do that, our standards are meaningless.  

how it it not being applied tho? just because one happened during filming and one didn't that is the ONLY difference ....

6 minutes ago, Irritable said:

I haven’t seen anyone here say that LeeAnn’s past excuses her behavior.  I said the women can call her crazy and psycho knowing that she is mentally unstable and emotionally unwell, and that has never been addressed as being insensitive.  Just because her particular mental issues make her unlikable doesn’t mean she deserves to be spoken about like the village nutcase.  I used that as an example of how lopsided the distribution of citations from the morality police has become on this show. Ten thousand demerits for racially insensitive comments, zero demerits for mental illness-related insensitive comments, especially if the mentally ill person is LeeAnn.  

but that's the excuse that is being used ... oh she just needs to work on herself the women need to give her a break.. that's been the excuse for seasons ... after season 2 its open game in my opinion because she doubled down on the behavior .. she uses the excuse herself anytime called out MY PAST MY PAST dont be mean to me its not my fault i say and do vile shit MY PAST is to blame... Nope can hold me accountable because MY PAST ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

That just means you and those who share your feelings on this matter are pleased by how LeeAnn was repeatedly admonished for her comments, and that those who share my feelings on this matter think that it went on too long unnecessarily, and that it felt like a free for all against one target.

LeeAnn’s past has never validated her behavior, but it does help explain why she is mentally ill.  Kicking her ten times is not going to teach her a different lesson than kicking her twice would have.

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, Irritable said:

That just means you and those who share your feelings on this matter are pleased by how LeeAnn was repeatedly admonished for her comments, and that those who share my feelings on this matter think that it went on too long unnecessarily, and that it felt like a free for all against one target.

LeeAnn’s past has never validated her behavior, but it does help explain why she is mentally ill.  Kicking her ten times is not going to teach her a different lesson than kicking her twice would have.

I don't think anyone is "pleased" I just think people are now at a enough is enough with her actions and I'm sorry shes been on this show for almost 5 years and has had every opportunity to seek help and to "work" on herself and she just uses it has lip service ... and goes right back into justifying her behavior by blaming others ..Production the girls the state of Texas ... she sat on that couch and LIED over and over and each LIE was pointed out....Using a mental illness is not her excuse sorry.. Leanne takes no ownership in anything she does its always someone else's fault for making HER act that way... No none other then yourself is responsible for YOUR OWN actions ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

One thing that really bothered me about LeeAnne last night--she made a comment about how her racism was not a good look for her in her faux-pology.  She is not sorry for any hurt she caused, she is sorry that her racist comments made the show and did not end up on the cutting room floor.  To me, this reads as a backhand way to blame production for this mess, and not take any responsibility for what she said.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

how it it not being applied tho? just because one happened during filming and one didn't that is the ONLY difference ....

How is it not being applied? Erm, well, without getting personal there have been a fair number of posts that argue that what Brandi did in her "Asian impersonation" video was not racist, but that Lee-Anne's use of the word Mexican was racist.  (Unequal application of standard)

Re: the aired vs unaired: Are you saying that if Brandi's video had surfaced during filming, the entire cast would have put Brandi through the two part shame and shun fest that they did Lee-Anne? And that if Lee-Anne's Mexican comments weren't shown, people in general would be saying "It wasn't racist, it was just a "fun" impersonation, after all, she has family in Mexico"?

I don't think that would be the case. (Unequal application of standard)

Bottom line: you can't let your personal opinion of someone cloud your judgment about a person to the point that your personal opinion is the thing that gets weighed against the standard of acceptable or unacceptable behavior (it can't be, I like her, so her brand of racism is okay, but I don't like her, so her brand is not okay.)

That's not fairness, or any kind of standard; in fact, it's the soil that weeds like racism grow in. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

Re: the aired vs unaired: Are you saying that if Brandi's video had surfaced during filming, the entire cast would have put Brandi through the two part shame and shun fest that they did Lee-Anne?

Since Leanne's party planner waited to post the video until he did (in an attempted to deflect off of Leanne) ... we will never know .... Leanne hissed her vile comments over and over and over stood firm with them and said that's who Texas is......Again trying to deflect this on Brandi to save Leanne isn't going to work .... ONE has nothing to do with the other the only difference is one was said during production OVER AND OVER AND OVER and the other happened off screen ... And Brandi is being dragged for what she said .... is the upset coming from the fact she wasn't called out on television? is that the problem? because to act like Brandi isn't being called out for it is NOT true

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree with so much of what you posted regarding all this but didn’t want to go quote crazy. 🙂 

I know there are always the “my fave does no wrong fans,” but I try to be fair with the housewives personally. I adore Stephanie, but I can admit it if she says or does something I don’t like.

I don’t remember the last time a housewife offended me the way LeeAnne did this season. So I am just as disgusted as a lot of the posters here, but I do believe in forgiveness and second chances. If LeeAnne returns next season and doesn’t continue the prejudice comments, I am okay with that. If the bigotry doesn’t stop, then I’d want her fired. 

I didn’t like Brandi’s video either, but she actually seemed genuinely affected by LeeAnne’s comments hurting her family. I give her the benefit of the doubt that she’s not hateful, just that ignorant. 

I do think if we don’t forgive and give one another second chances, there’s not much incentive to grow. 

• Love 7
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I agree with so much of what you posted regarding all this but didn’t want to go quote crazy. 🙂 

I know there are always the “my fave does no wrong fans,” but I try to be fair with the housewives personally. I adore Stephanie, but I can admit it if she says or does something I don’t like.

I don’t remember the last time a housewife offended me the way LeeAnne did this season. So I am just as disgusted as a lot of the posters here, but I do believe in forgiveness and second chances. If LeeAnne returns next season and doesn’t continue the prejudice comments, I am okay with that. If the bigotry doesn’t stop, then I’d want her fired. 

I didn’t like Brandi’s video either, but she actually seemed genuinely affected by LeeAnne’s comments hurting her family. I give her the benefit of the doubt that she’s not hateful, just that ignorant. 

I do think if we don’t forgive and give one another second chances, there’s not much incentive to grow. 

shes had 5 years tho to grow and has yet to .. how long are we supposed to wait for the Miracle growth to happen? if she was really sorry she wouldn't have sat on that couch and made excuses for what she said she would have reached out to Kary not blamed production and had a real moment ... she didn't ... Leanne's apology was as fake as mama d's hair

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

LeAnne thought that in the political climate we’re in, she would be able to get away with it. She probably thought they’d toss Kary over the wall. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One thing that really bothered me about LeeAnne last night--she made a comment about how her racism was not a good look for her in her faux-pology.  She is not sorry for any hurt she caused, she is sorry that her racist comments made the show and did not end up on the cutting room floor.  To me, this reads as a backhand way to blame production for this mess, and not take any responsibility for what she said.  

Agree which is why the whole reunion was just another form of coverup.

What could not be spoken of was that Leeanne's concern was driven solely by how her racism might impact her viability as a D-lister on a reality show along with all the perks (e.g. freebies) and side income that entails. 

It appears that none of the women were going to discuss it until someone in production told them the footage would be aired. I imagine this was deliberate on production's part - i.e. to let a HW know that the footage would be aired so that it could there would be footage of it being addressed but having it occur so late in the game that there would have been a lot of footage of Leeann being her racist self without thinking there would be consequences.

Given what polling indicates are rich white Texan's views on race and other topics, I would imagine there are things that are uttered by most of these women in private. Leeann was just stupid enough to fail to realize that these things just shouldn't be said in front of a camera in 2019 - off camera there would be no proof. Brandi is just marginally less stupid although I haven't followed her scenario closely enough to dissect when she posted and what steps she might have taken to remove it from social media.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, amarante said:

Agree which is why the whole reunion was just another form of coverup.

What could not be spoken of was that Leeanne's concern was driven solely by how her racism might impact her viability as a D-lister on a reality show along with all the perks (e.g. freebies) and side income that entails. 

It appears that none of the women were going to discuss it until someone in production told them the footage would be aired. I imagine this was deliberate on production's part - i.e. to let a HW know that the footage would be aired so that it could there would be footage of it being addressed but having it occur so late in the game that there would have been a lot of footage of Leeann being her racist self without thinking there would be consequences.

Given what polling indicates are rich white Texan's views on race and other topics, I would imagine there are things that are uttered by most of these women in private. Leeann was just stupid enough to fail to realize that these things just shouldn't be said in front of a camera in 2019 - off camera there would be no proof. Brandi is just marginally less stupid although I haven't followed her scenario closely enough to dissect when she posted and what steps she might have taken to remove it from social media.

I believe that if the ladies had given production more drama this season, the narrative of LeeAnne's racism would never have made it to the show.  The biggest conflict this season was Kary and LeeAnne and the show was edited to reflect this.  If some of the other ladies would have had a juicier conflict that took up hours of footage, then that would have become the driving narrative of the season.  Kam vs. Stephanie went no where and we could have had Kam vs. Brandi 2.0 but that also fizzled.  D'Andra did try to make her own storyline with her "business in trouble", but that also did not equate to enough drama and footage.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

When Kary apologized for her part in making fun of LeeAnn’s dress at dinner, she added to the apology, “...but you should have told me you were upset then so we could have fixed it at the time”.  Oh please, don’t try to act like you had no idea she didn’t love the “joke”, the whole point of it was to set her off.

Yea, it was real slick how Kary turned that apology right back to somehow making it LeeAnns fault. Kary is a real piece of work. Poor Eduardo. I'm sure she never takes the blame for anything in that relationship, either. 

Oh, and thanks, Kary for letting us know you like getting your asshole licked but it "doesn't mean I'm gay". Andy let that one fly right on by. Couldn't change the topic fast enough. Wonder how he would react if LeeAnn would have said that.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Since Leanne's party planner waited to post the video until he did (in an attempted to deflect off of Leanne) ... we will never know .... Leanne hissed her vile comments over and over and over stood firm with them and said that's who Texas is......Again trying to deflect this on Brandi to save Leanne isn't going to work .... ONE has nothing to do with the other the only difference is one was said during production OVER AND OVER AND OVER and the other happened off screen ... And Brandi is being dragged for what she said .... is the upset coming from the fact she wasn't called out on television? is that the problem? because to act like Brandi isn't being called out for it is NOT true

To suggest that I am trying to "save Lee-Anne" is not an accurate representation of anything I have said today, yesterday, last week.  You asked me how the standard wasn't being applied equally, and I answered you, with examples.  

In the interest of accuracy, one has much to do with the other because they are both about the very same subject -- racist behavior by RHoD.  Perhaps you would like to examine Lee-Anne's racism as stand alone, and perhaps others would also like to consider the racist behavior of others in the broader context. 

At no time did I say the behavior of one excuses the behavior of another. What I did say, is we, the viewers, ought to apply our judgment equally, and not have different standards for HWs we like and HWs we don't like. Two different ideas there.

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

To suggest that I am trying to "save Lee-Anne" is not an accurate representation of anything I have said today, yesterday, last week.  You asked me how the standard wasn't being applied equally, and I answered you, with examples.  

In the interest of accuracy, one has much to do with the other because they are both about the very same subject -- racist behavior by RHoD.  Perhaps you would like to examine Lee-Anne's racism as stand alone, and perhaps others would also like to consider the racist behavior of others in the broader context. 

At no time did I say the behavior of one excuses the behavior of another. What I did say, is we, the viewers, ought to apply our judgment equally, and not have different standards for HWs we like and HWs we don't like. Two different ideas there.

we are gonna go around in circles lol Brandi did a fucked up thing and is being dragged Leanne did a fucked up thing and is being dragged also ... ONE again has nothing to do with the other so to say BUT Brandi is kinda defending leanne ..... Leanne's fucked up thing is no less because of Brandi just like Brandi's fucked up thing is no less then leanne's  comparing them does nothing but try to deflect from Leanne that was the whole point and its working.. you can be pissed at both of them and not use a BUT....... Going by what was Aired last night on this show there was no sincere apology on that couch from Leanne at all just deflection and lies and when she got backed into a corner she faked cried and tried to deflect more she honestly seemed like she didn't see the problem at all and was just going through the motions of well all i have to say is sorry and everything is better without hearing the hurt and venom that was being spewed from her mouth   .... Now if you want to discuss Brandi has a separate incident then by all means lets but this isnt a tit for tat thing  ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3

Random thoughts -- I wonder how Eduardo felt about Kary revealing details of their sex life.  It reminded me of Uncle Junior in The Sopranos, how angry he got when his girlfriend spilled the beans.  I suppose it was no different than HO's talking abut the size of their partner's dicks though.

LeeAnne's comments were ugly, but I don't think Kary was personally affected.  Not sure if I can explain this, but I think her hurt and outrage was on behalf of Mexican people in general, as part of the ongoing attack on immigrants.  She has no respect for LeeAnne so nothing LeeAnne can say will hurt her personally.  If you attack my group, you attack me. 

I think what LeeAnne did to her mother at her wedding should have gotten more attention.  If she truly felt that way about her mother, she shouldn't have invited her to the wedding. 

And Brandi -- I'm still trying to decide how I feel about her Asian impression.  I'm old enough to have enjoyed years and years of comedians and others doing impressions that involved takes on race, ethnicity, age, physical appearance, intelligence, education, lifestyle, sexual preference, fashion choice -- everything.  Sometimes these impressions were cheap and degrading (by today's standards) but they were also often insightful, bringing differences to light and making us think about how we view the world. 

Brandi's Asian girl wasn't insightful, for sure, but I don't see it as degrading either.  I didn't get the impression that Brandi feels superior to Asians, or that she sees Asians as deficient in any way, so it's hard for me to see it as racist, or prejudiced.  It's a stereotype, but all stereotypes aren't racist.

One last thing -- the sex trafficking.  Kam said she Googled and educated herself.  Brandi may have Googled too, but with different results.  I've seen opinion pieces from people defending sex work as feminism.  "How dare you tell me what I can do with my body!"  Brandi may have seen those opinion pieces too.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Considering D'Andra worked for the Bush administration... I am 100% sure she has heard a LOT worse than "chirpy Mexican."  I mean, she must have not been bothered by it too much.  These are rich women from Texas, none of them should be sitting on high horses!

At the end of the day, what good does it do to go after someone for who they are?  I think we can either watch them or not, but we aren't going to change them!  No matter how loud we yell, or what is written on twitter.

2 minutes ago, druzy said:

This is a joke, right?  They are kidding that she is "seeking help."  Or is this real? 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Considering D'Andra worked for the Bush administration... I am 100% sure she has heard a LOT worse than "chirpy Mexican."  I mean, she must have not been bothered by it too much.  These are rich women from Texas, none of them should be sitting on high horses!

At the end of the day, what good does it do to go after someone for who they are?  I think we can either watch them or not, but we aren't going to change them!  No matter how loud we yell, or what is written on twitter.

This is a joke, right?  They are kidding that she is "seeking help."  Or is this real? 

I think it's real. Brandi didn't show up for her podcast today. Stephanie said Brandi is taking a much needed break- or something like that.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Brandi's Asian girl wasn't insightful, for sure, but I don't see it as degrading either.  I didn't get the impression that Brandi feels superior to Asians, or that she sees Asians as deficient in any way, so it's hard for me to see it as racist, or prejudiced.  It's a stereotype, but all stereotypes aren't racist.

"Squinty eyes" is why, along with the accent imitation, is why I found it racist.  LeeAnne's racism is so very easy to see, but Brandi's is subtle.

Here's 2 links from a 2 part series NPR did on eyes and Asian culture.

https://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2014/11/17/363841262/is-beauty-in-the-eye-lid-of-the-beholder

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/11/18/364670361/the-many-stories-behind-the-double-eyelid-surgery

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

we are gonna go around in circles lol Brandi did a fucked up thing and is being dragged Leanne did a fucked up thing and is being dragged also ... ONE again has nothing to do with the other so to say BUT Brandi is kinda defending leanne ..... Leanne's fucked up thing is no less because of Brandi just like Brandi's fucked up thing is no less then leanne's  comparing them does nothing but try to deflect from Leanne that was the whole point and its working.. you can be pissed at both of them and not use a BUT....... Going by what was Aired last night on this show there was no sincere apology on that couch from Leanne at all just deflection and lies and when she got backed into a corner she faked cried and tried to deflect more she honestly seemed like she didn't see the problem at all and was just going through the motions of well all i have to say is sorry and everything is better without hearing the hurt and venom that was being spewed from her mouth   .... Now if you want to discuss Brandi has a separate incident then by all means lets but this isnt a tit for tat thing  ....

Nope, we're not going to go round and round because as we say around my house when we feel a discussion is going nowhere, "Kirk, I grow weary of the chase."

One more time, no one is saying that Brandi's video minimizes, excuses or in any way changes anything Lee-Anne said or did. I'm not saying that now and never have said that and I'm pretty sure exactly no one else has either.

To invite a broader context of discussion, and to ask that standards of behavior be applied equally is not the same thing, or even anywhere close, to excusing Lee-Anne.  Lee-Anne's behavior has been discussed extensively around here over multiple weeks, and it's not weird or revealing of a hidden agenda to want to move past "Lee-Anne is a racist" when there are other topics to discuss as well.  It's like a guy saying I hate apples, and another guy pipes in about also hating apples and oranges and then the apple guy is all "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE THIS ABOUT ORANGES?" Apple and orange hater is all, geez, I thought we were talking about fruit.  Apple guy: NOPE, only apples, only ever apples! 

But, you take the last word, man, because seriously, I'm weary of the chase.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Party of one here....I actually like Kary, she was calling Leann out left and right with rapid fire and Leann just couldn't come up with any retorts.  Leann was almost in the "I know you are but what am I" stage of comebacks.  

I like her.  I also like her sense of style.  I have no problem with anyone who takes on Leanne and calls her out on her b.s..  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jel said:

We need to leave room for forgiveness for people who genuinely see the error of their ways, who sincerely regret doing and saying hurtful and unfair things, and who promise to do better and do.  

I didn't take from the final scene of the reunion that LeeAnne really understood and accepted the criticism that was lodged against her.  I don't she sincerely regretted anything other than having gotten caught on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, b2H said:

I didn't take from the final scene of the reunion that LeeAnne really understood and accepted the criticism that was lodged against her.  I don't she sincerely regretted anything other than having gotten caught on camera.

she didn't and she really doesn't see what she did has wrong 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Irritable said:

Did we really need a 2 hour reunion of LeeAnn being roasted over hot coals for every single word she uttered and how horrible her wedding and reception was for her guests? I feel like one hour would have been way more than enough to sufficiently destroy her.  Were the things LeeAnn said shitty,  insensitive and wrong?  Sure. Did it really hurt Kary so badly that she had to pretend cry about it? No.  That was Kary’s favorite thing that happened all season, she probably needed a minute to compose herself from laughing, because she came into the season ready and poised to hate LeeAnn from day one, so LeeAnn gave her the greatest gift by saying what she did - the villagers could then join her with torches and pitchforks to go after the monster. This issue absolutely had to be addressed, but has been so massively hyped that it has become, to me, way overblown.  LeeAnn called her a chirpy Mexican. Kary IS CHIRPY. And she is Mexican. I know it was said in an ugly way, because they hate each other, but this has been addressed so many times and with such grave seriousness that it’s now as though LeeAnn stabbed her, or shot her.  People of other nationalities refer to Americans as Americans in a derogatory way, it’s so common, and nobody blinks. The word American is said with sneers and hisses, and is absolutely meant to be taken as an insult. Everyone involved when this happens understands how it is intended, nobody gets roasted on a spit for hours over it.  Why wasn’t it enough to address it on the season, which they did, and then spend 10 minutes on it during the reunion? LeeAnn apologized several times but it was never good enough for anyone, she always either worded it wrong, or wasn’t sorry enough, or didn’t apologize individually for every specific incident where she used the word Mexican, she should have said out loud that she’s a worthless garbage person - they wanted her to burn, be drawn and quartered, and then be stoned to death, that was apparently the only acceptable punishment. In the end when she wasn’t dead within the time allotment, they just finally went around the table and agreed that LeeAnn is a disgusting racist and irredeemable human being who should die in a fire, and I guess the world will have to find a way to be satisfied with that.

Meanwhile, Nene physically assaulted a cameraman for doing his job and refused to apologize for it. She was given a raise,  and as far as I know it was not addressed during the reunion aside from her continuing to say her violent outburst was the fault of the women who went into her closet.  How is that not on the same level as racism?  Is it because LeeAnn admits to being a fucked up mess of a person who makes mistakes regularly and Nene refuses to admit she is anything other than amazing perfection who doesn’t get enough attention and compassion when her husband is battling cancer? Maybe having delusional amounts of narcissistic confidence is they key to not being publicly flogged for hours. Maybe if LeeAnn had responded with I SAID WHAT I SAID she could have received a shorter public flogging.  I think all bad behavior should be addressed and dealt with, not just some of it, and not with such vastly varying levels of severity.

And I’ll fully admit, I can’t stand Kary, never could the entire season.  She’s a judgmental busybody who can be just as nasty as LeeAnn can be, but she sits on a high horse looking down her nose at her. She did the show because she wanted to promote her jewelry line and use the “my mean husband refuses to guarantee my financial security if we split up” angle to push why her own success is so desperately needed.  And perhaps the facts that she is such a nasty shrew to her husband is why she’s concerned about potential divorce.  I’ve seen nothing about her personality that I would want to spend 5 minutes enduring. Doesn’t make what LeeAnn did okay, I’m just saying LeeAnn was certainly not the only asshole this season. And I hate watching one person being ganged up on, especially when it goes on FOREVER, and there was no path LeeAnn could have taken that wouldn’t have led to the same result. They were there to break her down no matter what she said, no matter how long it took, period.

Considering who they all most likely support politically I have a hard time believing they were that spun about what Leanne said.  *I* didn't like what she said but I think they were being very audience conscience with their outrage.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Irritable said:

I’m sure some people would have a problem with the word chirpy because it’s a less accurate adjective for LeeAnn than it is for Kary.  And it’s ok for the women to call LeeAnn crazy and psycho as much as they want to, because that’s less mean and insensitive, apparently.  Shaming mental illness is fair game. Knowingly provoking LeeAnn when they know she’s not completely stable is fine, but anything she says in reaction is not acceptable.

When Kary apologized for her part in making fun of LeeAnn’s dress at dinner, she added to the apology, “...but you should have told me you were upset then so we could have fixed it at the time”.  Oh please, don’t try to act like you had no idea she didn’t love the “joke”, the whole point of it was to set her off.  Everyone including Andy then seemed to nod in agreeement with her wise words, as if purposely humiliating LeeAnn and relentlessly criticizing her product on camera was only a bad thing because LeeAnn didn’t come unglued at the table like she should have.  It was LeeAnn’s fault they kept going well past the point of a “joke”.  It was mean spirited and calculated,  but LeeAnn shouldn’t have responded so negatively.  She should have used the moment to sell everyone in the restaurant her dress! (Eyeroll) She really can’t win, nothing LeeAnn says or does is ever going to be ok.  I resent feeling the need to defend her at all, but except for Stephanie, ALL of these women have done and said plenty of horrid things, but it has reached the point where it’s almost a sport for them to tell LeeAnn all the reasons why they dislike her or how much she’s garbage.  She’s an acceptable target, and that also helps them deflect accountability for any of their own words that weren’t exactly cool, either. As long as everyone is busy pointing fingers at LeeAnn then the rest of them can pretend to be morally superior. 

She was told her comments were considered racist, she said she doesn’t think of herself as a racist, they said oh yes LeeAnn, you ARE a racist, she apologized, and no one accepted her apology.  That could have been covered in 3 minutes.  But I guess the reunion couldn’t have been stretched out so long without making sure she really really really really really really really really really really knew for sure that everyone believes she is racist. 

Agree to all of this. I wonder what would have happened if LeeAnne had called Kary a chirpy bitch, or a chirpy see you next Tuesday.  I think her comments were racist, not PC and inappropriate but I just think that they can’t stand each other. She should definitely not have addressed her dislike for Kary in the manner she did, but in my opinion, I am not sure if that makes her a racist - and it might be clouded by the fact that I cannot stand Kary either and it has absolutely nothing to do with where she comes from. And by association I have come to dislike Deandra as well. No words for Brandi and that ridiculous chair stunt. And Andy was a complete dick.

• Love 14

I think the most telling thing that came out of the reunion is that Leeanne has said many offensive things in the past that didn’t get aired. One thing is sure- production is no longer protecting Leeanne. 

I hope this was LeeAnne’s last season. I have NO desire to see her “redemption arc” next season. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think the most telling thing that came out of the reunion is that Leeanne has said many offensive things in the past that didn’t get aired. One thing is sure- production is no longer protecting Leeanne. 

I hope this was LeeAnne’s last season. I have NO desire to see her “redemption arc” next season. 

Has any housewife been given another season for a redemption arc after breaking the fourth wall?  I believe that is Andy's line in the sand.  You don't get fired for assaulting another housewife, for assaulting a cameraman, for homophobic slurs, etc.  

• Love 3

After watching Andy pick and choose which housewives he will support/throw under the bus, according to his whims, I don’t trust his judgment.

Just last night on WWHL we have Stephanie and Danielle Staub.  He was practically fawning over the evil Danielle, showcasing her cooking and perfume.  What a joke.  Danielle aka Beverly has to be the craziest, most maniacal and devious housewife to grace the Bravo franchises and Andy seems to enjoy her company.  

Also, these women were defending participation in the Thailand sex crap and none of them except LL and Kam see any harm in that industry??  Are their heads stuck so far up their own rear ends that they can’t see the problem?  

We also see Stephanie call out Leeanne over and over but steadfastly insist Brandy meant no harm with her Asian video, fat video and other “imitations” she loves to do.  Right, Brandy is just a sweet, kind person that’s never had any bad intentions and Leeanne is the queen of bad intentions.  I’d say Brandy and LL aren’t all that different in reality.

Not one of these ladies on RHOD is a perfect human, and I think their actions towards LL are hypocritical and a strategy to get LL off the show.

None of what I’ve said above excuses any bigoted and ignorant trash that has come out of Leeanne’s big mouth.  I just am not down with selective outrage and the cancel culture.  We all know these women aren’t any better than LL.  Maybe Stephanie, maybe Kam.  

I don’t even like Leeanne, but the hypocrisy is killing me. The ladies wanted LL off the show, and they are mad that Kam is not fully cooperating with the plan with shunning her.  Kary was all over Leeanne from day one and it felt like the ladies made some kind of pact to push her off.  Leeanne is such an a@@hole that it was easy to get her to go postal.   Her words were hateful, but as earlier posters said, she needs to be corrected and learn not be thrown out to the wolves.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Has any housewife been given another season for a redemption arc after breaking the fourth wall?  I believe that is Andy's line in the sand.  You don't get fired for assaulting another housewife, for assaulting a cameraman, for homophobic slurs, etc.  

Nene, assaulted a camera man, broke his tooth and was asked back and got a raise!! Nene also wished rape on a heckler at one of her comedy shows.  Nene is not the only HW with questionable behavior but who knows how they decide what crosses the line on Bravo.  It seems to be highly subjective.

Bravo/Andy employ selective outrage IMO.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Her words were hateful, but as earlier posters said, she needs to be corrected and learn not be thrown out to the wolves.

I'd consider that cruelty to animals.  Leave the poor wolves alone!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1