Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Reunion (Part 2)

• Start Topic

Maybe D’Andra needs to look at the connection between donuts and her manipulative mother. Dee absolutely understands the connection, as she showed by saying she wouldn’t change a thing about D’Andra - except maybe the donuts. Narcissists use the weak spot, especially when almost complimenting someone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

There have been public executions, etc since like 1600 BC, or maybe before.  Babylonia, Rome, etc.   It isn't problematic to speak about historical happenings.  These things happened, and it was due to MORAL PANIC.  Everyone gets to point a finger, and declare that Leanne is wrong and they are RIGHT.  Obviously the real housewives are not ACTUALLY murdering her, but if you can't see the similarities... The point is, what does everyone want from her?  What is the goal here?

I never said it was problematic to reference history. And I see the purported “similarities,” but I disagree firmly. LeeAnne repeatedly employed racist language against a group of people who are repeatedly subject to violent attacks by individuals and institutions. LeeAnne received a verbal lashing for about twenty minutes. If we’re going to make historical comparisons, we should acknowledge the real victims. LeeAnne isn’t a victim and she, as a relatively privileged white woman, is not a regular target of violence based on her beliefs or race. Whereas Mexicans, who LeeAnne attacked, are a target of violence based on their nationality. If people want to use violent historical metaphors, applying them to LeeAnne is particularly screwed up. It’s centering the experience of a perpetrator of racism rather than the victims of racism, who are subject to actual violence.

4 hours ago, brillia79 said:

There are many images online of public lynchings where racists are smiling while standing around dangling, burned up corpses.

LeeAnn being called out at a RH reunion show on her racist comments is not like a public execution in any way, shape or form. Not even close.

Agreed. Excellent example.

3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That's the whole thing!  No one is perfect, no one.  Such hubris to attack someone for not being 100% perfect in thought or actions 100% of the time. 

Yeah, of course. Nobody is perfect. I agree the Housewives were a bit hypocritical in their criticism of LeeAnne (given what their off-camera attitudes likely are), but imperfect people can still call out racism. In fact, we all have an obligation to do so.

ETA: What I want from LeeAnne is for her to carefully consider her words, reflect, stop making excuses and recognize the harm she has caused. I would like her to commit to educating herself so she can become more sensitive to the struggles of other people. And, if she’s not capable of those things, I would like for Bravo not to give her money and a platform.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That's the whole thing!  No one is perfect, no one.  Such hubris to attack someone for not being 100% perfect in thought or actions 100% of the time. 

That's your opinion. 

And that is so not even close to what I am saying.

There is no reunion episode where LeeAnne is murdered before a crowd of onlookers. All she experienced was finger wagging from  people who were mostly smart enough not to get caught on camera expressing the same thoughts.

This was not a public execution. It’s basically every party/reunion episode of a Real Housewives show where one person is on the outs with everyone else. And it’s completely voluntary.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

From the article:

"Nobody tells you that you get depressed," she told The Feast at Bravo HQ in NYC. "My husband took me out to California where I had [the facelift] done, and then he had to leave three days later to go to National Geographic. And so I was there, stuck in a beach house for a month by myself, and it got depressing."

First world problems indeed.  "Stuck in a beach house" after a facelift in California.  

Does she have any clue how that sounds???

And no, it doesn't have to be depressing.  She could have made so much of that month.  Taken up painting, or writing, or whatever passion.  She chose to eat donuts, she gained some weight, so pull a Shannon from RHOC and get back on track.  But to make this "depressing, California face lift beach house" excuse is just so much the reason she's disliked by so many.

The anesthesia from surgery can cause depression as can pain meds.  She has said she's had this reaction in past surgeries.  And why did I just excuse her behavior and comments?  Arg... I blame it on the vision of donuts dancing through my head.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

There have been public executions, etc since like 1600 BC, or maybe before.  Babylonia, Rome, etc.   It isn't problematic to speak about historical happenings.  These things happened, and it was due to MORAL PANIC.  Everyone gets to point a finger, and declare that Leanne is wrong and they are RIGHT.  Obviously the real housewives are not ACTUALLY murdering her, but if you can't see the similarities... The point is, what does everyone want from her?  What is the goal here?

I just want to watch a fun show, and laugh about things and watch them travel and have a good time.  In my opinion, it is not fun to watch a group of people scream and cry in anger, no matter if the person is right or wrong!  It's a spectacle.

It’s crystal clear to me what you’re saying.  There is precedent for this.  In 1991, Justice Thomas referred to his three-day hearing as “a high-tech lynching” and the phrase has been widely used and understood through that paradigm since that time.  A documentary was made about it.  There is no indication that Justice Thomas was in fear of his life.  He was outraged at what people were attempting to do to his reputation.  

It’s an expression that has found its way into the popular culture, like “witch hunt”.  To say you are wrong for using this as a metaphor would be tantamount to me saying that it’s problematic (I digress, but I hate this word—to me, there is either a problem or not, and I find in many instances, the word “problematic” is often followed by obfuscation, vagueness, and generalizations) to say “witch hunt” unless someone was physically burned or drowned.  

Actually, speaking of “witch hunt,” I think that’s an apt description for what went on here.  Andy Cohen ought to be really careful about what he says for the next several years, because he led the charge, and I have no doubt his hands are utterly unclean.  

You know what this really is?  The French Revolution.  The ones who were most offended by the bourgeoise always had someone more radical and more offended coming up behind them, so they were not spared the guillotine.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t gain weight easily, but if I were to only eat junk food for a month, my face would be covered with acne. I’m so jealous of folks who can eat whatever they want and have clear skin. 

Girl, me too. Maybe we just need to buy some “Hard Night, Good Morning”!! 😂

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s crystal clear to me what you’re saying.  There is precedent for this.  In 1991, Justice Thomas referred to his three-day hearing as “a high-tech lynching” and the phrase has been widely used and understood through that paradigm since that time.  A documentary was made about it.  There is no indication that Justice Thomas was in fear of his life.  He was outraged at what people were attempting to do to his reputation.  

It’s an expression that has found its way into the popular culture, like “witch hunt”.  To say you are wrong for using this as a metaphor would be tantamount to me saying that it’s problematic (I digress, but I hate this word—to me, there is either a problem or not, and I find in many instances, the word “problematic” is often followed by obfuscation, vagueness, and generalizations) to say “witch hunt” unless someone was physically burned or drowned.  

Actually, speaking of “witch hunt,” I think that’s an apt description for what went on here.  Andy Cohen ought to be really careful about what he says for the next several years, because he led the charge, and I have no doubt his hands are utterly unclean.  

You know what this really is?  The French Revolution.  The ones who were most offended by the bourgeoise always had someone more radical and more offended coming up behind them, so they were not spared the guillotine.  

Do you realize how much (IMO, deserved) criticism Thomas received as result of this statement and strategy? Do you realize how many Americans, particularly black women, were disgusted by Thomas’s defense? And “witch hunt” has likewise been used by current leaders, with heavy criticism in response. There’s precedence for a lot of things. That doesn’t make it appropriate. Again, using these descriptors is problematic.*

*which is honestly my attempt to more gently say: “pretty disgusting and insensitive to the lived experiences of oppressed peoples, not to mention tone deaf”

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

And that was bullshit too. Having to answer for sexual harassment before receiving a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the United States is not like a lynching. Wanna know what’s like a lynching? A lynching. Co-opting language to compare being held accountable to acts of racial terrorism that happened in the USA is opportunistic.

There’s a whole lot of gaslighting involved in whitewashing LeeAnne’s racism. Those tears are very powerful.

• Love 12

@MrsWitter

I think we have a few fundamental disagreements that probably exceed the scope of this show, but I just want to let you know I wasn’t targeting you for saying “problematic.”  This word has been grating on me for awhile (even though I have used it myself!) and I was just making a random observation about it.  No offense meant.  We all think our positions are valid, and I respect all my fellow posters.  

• Love 6

Looks like we all need to be careful about hyperbole and euphemisms and metaphors, etc.  Those tools make communication colorful and interesting, relatable, and yeah, sometimes offensive, if they're misinterpreted. 

Sensibilities will be offended, but intent needs to be considered. 

I don't think we should stop saying "witch hunt" because of 400-year-old injustices.  And I'm sorry, but people just didn't know any better and the "justice system" was very flawed (still is).  Hell, bodies were exhumed and put on trial, and some courts prosecuted animals! 

"Lynching", on the other hand -- that history is way too recent.  People can stop using that word any time. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

@MrsWitter

I think we have a few fundamental disagreements that probably exceed the scope of this show, but I just want to let you know I wasn’t targeting you for saying “problematic.”  This word has been grating on me for awhile (even though I have used it myself!) and I was just making a random observation about it.  No offense meant.  We all think our positions are valid, and I respect all my fellow posters.  

I don’t really care if it’s directed at me or at someone else, the point still remains that many people who use the term “problematic” are often not unsure or unclear or vague about the point they’re making. In the interest of civil discourse, a lot of us (women especially) couch our criticisms in gentler terms.

Also, since we are exploring precedence, R. Kelly and Bill Cosby also used lynching metaphors. It’s a disgusting, manipulative strategy and LeeAnne is just the latest example. If LeeAnne wants to ally herself with the precedent set by sexual predators, then she absolutely can. Those of us criticizing this rhetorical strategy are not unaware of the history or colloquial use of the term. In fact, the reason I’m so critical is because I’m acutely aware of the term, its historical usage, and the social implications of its use. Background for anyone interested:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/10/how-lynching-became-the-favorite-metaphor-of-embattled-powerful-men/

55937B26-98E1-4F58-9E54-38917CF05444.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

Girl, me too. Maybe we just need to buy some “Hard Night, Good Morning”!! 😂

LOL! It won't keep you from getting a face lift at 50, but maybe it's the secret to clear skin. 😂

I don't like the way some of these ladies talk about all they have and who is and is not part of Dallas society. I don't like to hear that people they call friends must play nice because of their social standing, or that someone who's been to five countries has barely traveled, it all rubs me the wrong way. 

I prefer it when the Housewives talk about their wealth in a matter of fact way, or unintentionally reveal how different they are from us. Like Adrienne Maloof barely being able to make PB&J and washing meat with hand soap or Lisa Vanderpump asking "What is Flex?" when Eileen Davidson talked about driving a more humble vehicle. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Thank you!  I feel like I’m struggling to get my point across sometimes.

49 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Looks like we all need to be careful about hyperbole and euphemisms and metaphors, etc.  Those tools make communication colorful and interesting, relatable, and yeah, sometimes offensive, if they're misinterpreted. 

Sensibilities will be offended, but intent needs to be considered. 

I don't think we should stop saying "witch hunt" because of 400-year-old injustices.  And I'm sorry, but people just didn't know any better and the "justice system" was very flawed (still is).  Hell, bodies were exhumed and put on trial, and some courts prosecuted animals! 

"Lynching", on the other hand -- that history is way too recent.  People can stop using that word any time. 

No one compared what Leanne was going through to a lynching.  It has been used to give further context to the use of terms.  

It’s a good thing to have these discussions.  Discourse is good.  I feel like everyone has been respectful so far with these discussions.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

No one compared what Leanne was going through to a lynching.  It has been used to give further context to the use of terms.  

I realize that.  I was just joining the discussion about language.  This show needs a small talk thread.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Have you ever had your asshole licked? LOL I just died and got brought back to life ..... I LIVE 

I LOVED this exchange. Leeanne was trying so hard to make it a 'gay slur' and Cary shut that door, quickly. And I was surprised the women looked so shocked. We're not talking about young ladies here, they've all seen something of the world (I would hope). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2020 at 7:31 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I think the package of Leanne’s “Mexican” comments had the opposite of its intended effect on me.  There was no smoking gun; just some stupid shit about Mexico and being Mexican.  She never actually put Mexicans down or used a slur.  I just don’t care very much anymore.  There are so many more things to be upset about.  

I agree. Leanne's ongoing harping about Mexican Cary was clearly the 'worst' insult she could offer up about Cary, which made me realize that being "Mexican" was clearly something Leanne would not want to be associated with. I find that so bizarre. I would hate to be seen as selfish, cruel, or uncharitable, but a different nationality...? What bothered me the most is the idea of these women (and Andy) educating ME on whether Leanne's racism is significant, how outraged I should feel about Thai sex trafficking, and I should ensure no one ever rides a 'broken' elephant. I do not appreciate being told how I should view certain subjects and these women are the last people on earth I would take advice from. Their general ignorance about world events, or lack of basic cultural awareness embarrasses me on behalf of all American women (but that goes for all of the travelling HWs. They're beyond idiotic.) 

• Love 6
On 1/8/2020 at 7:37 PM, dosodog said:

Well.  Their comments about LeeAnne, which were correct, sort of dug a giant hole for Brandi coming back.

I think that the HW franchise will ignore Brandi's leaked video because it wasn't connected to the show. 

• Love 2
On 1/8/2020 at 9:43 PM, Irritable said:

They wanted her to burn, be drawn and quartered, and then be stoned to death, that was apparently the only acceptable punishment. In the end when she wasn’t dead within the time allotment, they just finally went around the table and agreed that LeeAnn is a disgusting racist and irredeemable human being who should die in a fire, and I guess the world will have to find a way to be satisfied with that.

I find it interesting what subjects the HW franchise chooses to demonize (from vulnerable dogs to chirpy Mexicans?) I found that some of Leanne's chest thumping references to Mexicans made me very uncomfortable, so I immediately know it's WRONG even if the words didn't reflect the amount of damage. It's the delivery that carries the 'racism' attack. However, if I took my country and imagined a person insulting me with "Yeah, look at me - I'm a Canadian and I am more polite than you! That's right... I say please and thank-you, and sorry if I walk in front of you. Damn chirpy Canadian!" I can only be as offended as I choose to be. I think Kary wasn't that offended but this was her one (great) opportunity to roast Leanne for all the crap Leanne was accusing her of. So good on Kary. 

• Love 4
On 1/9/2020 at 7:22 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

See this is were it becomes weird why does Brandi's apology or lack there of have anything to do with Leannes? one does not negate the other.. 

One needs to apologize for her palpable hatred of a nationality whereas the other needs to apologize for her bad taste and ignorance in what she considers funny.

Edited by Chalby
misspelled palpable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I realize that.  I was just joining the discussion about language.  This show needs a small talk thread.

Speaking of language, or specifically certain words... why is no one calling Kam out for her tears over being labeled elitist and a bully, yet goes on to insinuate she has the power to boot Stephanie out of Dallas society. If that isn't an elitist bully, I don't know what is. Kam's twisting of others' words to suit her dialogue is more offensive to me than Leanne's and Brandi's ignorance.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 9
On 1/9/2020 at 7:17 PM, biakbiak said:

LeeAnne kept coming for her too from the start as well. They were both assholes to one another, LeeAnne added an extra level of toxicity. 

I feel Kary came onto the show gunning for Leanne. You could tell she was a former 'watcher'.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I feel Kary came onto the show gunning for Leanne. You could tell she was a former 'watcher'.

LeeAnne was already talking smack to her and about her from at least episode two when Kary invites them to Mexico and she was a dick to her before they even got to the house in episode three, and also insulted her jewelry which in the Thai episode acknowledged was to be rude and mock Kary (though she wasn’t apologizing). I am not saying Kary isn’t an asshole but they both came out swinging at each other.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Actually, speaking of “witch hunt,” I think that’s an apt description for what went on here.  

I have considered 'witch hunt' to be a term that expresses society's upper class's intent to focus on someone who 'appears' guilty of a predetermined crime, despite having no evidence or link to the actual crime. Witch hunt wasn't meant to define the execution outcome, but rather the process 'invented' by those in power to divert attention from their acts while gaining further control over general populace. It was the means in which to oust anyone seen as too powerful or outspoken (especially women). 

• Love 4

I apologise for my ignorance , but please explain why is it racist or offensive to call someone Mexican when they are actually Mexican ? It’s like calling me Greek , cause I’m Greek (Australian ) .

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Skala said:

I apologise for my ignorance , but please explain why is it racist or offensive to call someone Mexican when they are actually Mexican ? It’s like calling me Greek , cause I’m Greek (Australian ) .

Because context matters. She was saying it with vitriol and anger, referring to it multiple times, doing stereotypical accents, implying that Kary didn’t understand English and should stick to “Mexican” words, to name a few examples.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because context matters. She was saying it with vitriol and anger, referring to it multiple times, doing stereotypical accents, implying that Kary didn’t understand English and should stick to “Mexican” words, to name a few examples.

Thanks for clarifying.  I see that the way she spoke about Kary was definitely offensive , but I thought they were implying that just simply saying that someone was Mexican was an insult . I completely understand why Kary was so upset !!!! 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL! It won't keep you from getting a face lift at 50, but maybe it's the secret to clear skin. 😂

I don't like the way some of these ladies talk about all they have and who is and is not part of Dallas society. I don't like to hear that people they call friends must play nice because of their social standing, or that someone who's been to five countries has barely traveled, it all rubs me the wrong way. 

I prefer it when the Housewives talk about their wealth in a matter of fact way, or unintentionally reveal how different they are from us. Like Adrienne Maloof barely being able to make PB&J and washing meat with hand soap or Lisa Vanderpump asking "What is Flex?" when Eileen Davidson talked about driving a more humble vehicle. 

This!  
That scene with Adrienne thinking she needed to use hand soap to wash the turkey/meat was what I lived for in those earlier RHOBH seasons. That scene was everything!  Although, I do confess I’ve never heard of a Flex either!  This is why I kind of like Kam, it’s about her focus on pink, baby elephants and being in country clubs that make Kam feel like Barbie Kam.  Barbie Kam is frivolous and a lighthearted type of fun, and her unawareness, to me, is funny.

I didn’t realize that D’A had a facelift.  

Hmmm...here I was thinking it was those special, not like any of the other thousands of face creams, that made her look 10 years younger overnight! (sarcasm) To be fair, if you have a facelift, I’m sure you are not allowed to spend time in the sun with stitches in your face.  But...good observation to the poster that mentioned she was alone because Jeremy was away on a full time assignment, yet considered a disability level of 100%. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I don’t care what Brandi did lol I still like her. I still like LeeAnne somewhat too but her racists comments just make me uncomfortable. And she doesn’t need a pity party. If her life is so tough then take some time off the show and get some help Lee 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree with you. Some time ago, a poster here described what is good about these shows and what is bad. The poster basically said that when they are good, you can enjoy that lifestyle stuff and laugh at the petty squabbles, knowing full well that *we'd* never be so ridiculous.  We want to watch the show with our annoyance level set at "eye-rolly" , at the highest. And never want to get to the latest levels which seem to be set at "I need a shower after watching this".

I wish I could remember who said that because it just summed it all up so perfectly. Brilliant post writer, if you're reading this, please identify yourself!

(I put Kam's dumb Dallas society "elitism" at "eye-rolly" because I think all of that stuff is ridic anyway. )

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Skala said:

This was how it presented to me as well.  I posted up thread that I thought the most anti-Mexican part of the entire show was Andy asking if he thinks it’s racist to be called out as “Mexican.”  So highly bizarre, and...insulting?

It reminded me of this, only The Office is parody!

01E463C7-18E0-4031-8D2B-E1171C45B35E.thumb.jpeg.24bf266c86806ba8d3c7e841a25179f6.jpeg

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't think we should stop saying "witch hunt" because of 400-year-old injustices.  

Especially since the phrase "witch hunt"  (as defined in most dictionaries) has a clear modern usage:  to unfairly seek out and target people or groups to demonize and harm them for having beliefs (often political) deemed unpopular or dangerous (as in the McCarthy era witch hunts against communists).  I don't want to lose that precise description of something insidious and menacing. 

I don't think what LeeAnne experienced qualifies as a witch hunt. She's not defending her repugnant bigotry as a political /personal belief (thank god) and she admitted it was wrong and apologized, if not in a way satisfying to many of us  (I'm not sure she's sorry for being caught, being 'misunderstood', being bigoted, or all three, which makes the apology murky and unstable. No clear ownership, imo). I think she endured a classic pile-on delivered by a tribe of hypocrites, some of whom are (like Brandi) about to spend months dancing with the one who brung them,  Karma. 

@Jel

I'm not a Brandi fan, and tbh I did think her imitation was racist and "It was a damn fine impersonation and I would do it again for an audition" was a big, big problem.

I think Brandi's video is beyond appalling, because it was consciously crafted: filming yourself mocking Asian women and their eyes, speaking in a creepy "Asian" voice, and THEN posting that to social media, and then DEFENDING having posted it to social media as "a great audition"  - so disgusting.  Luckily for her,  Brandi gets to retreat into a private, $pa-like environment vs being sanctimoniously lectured on reality tv.  Racist, heal thyself. 

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

Especially since the phrase "witch hunt"  (as defined in most dictionaries) has a clear modern usage:  to unfairly seek out and target people or groups to demonize and harm them for having beliefs (often political) deemed unpopular or dangerous (as in the McCarthy era witch hunts against communists).  I don't want to lose that precise description of something insidious and menacing. 

I don't think what LeeAnne experienced qualifies as a witch hunt. She's not defending her repugnant bigotry as a political /personal belief (thank god) and she admitted it was wrong and apologized, if not in a way satisfying to many of us  (I'm not sure she's sorry for being caught, being 'misunderstood', being bigoted, or all three, which makes the apology murky and unstable. No clear ownership, imo). I think she endured a classic pile-on delivered by a tribe of hypocrites, some of whom are (like Brandi) about to spend months dancing with the one who brung them,  Karma. 

I think Brandi's video is beyond appalling, because it was consciously crafted: filming yourself mocking Asian women and their eyes, speaking in a creepy "Asian" voice, and THEN posting that to social media, and then DEFENDING having posted it to social media as "a great audition"  - so disgusting.  Luckily for her,  Brandi gets to retreat into a private, $pa-like environment vs being sanctimoniously lectured on reality tv.  Racist, heal thyself. 

I don't think we talked much about Brandi's video around here, but I agree with you -- it was appalling. I felt shocked by it.  Her doubling down on it as "audition material" read like a Fuck You to people who objected.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL! It won't keep you from getting a face lift at 50, but maybe it's the secret to clear skin. 

I had no idea D'Andre had a facelift, but wow, does her face and skin ever look gorgeous/ flawless. This is a good facelift because she looks the same, just more rested and her eyes appear more alert. Did she say who her doctor is? I want a facelift, now. So Primetimers... Who'll start my Gofundme page CHALBY'S exterior need for improvement fund? LOL. I have no idea if D'Andre is a closet drunk as Leanne would like us believe, but I do know that I enjoyed watching her this season. She appeared less uptight and less worried about what others thought of her. Aside from her mean-girl, multipurpose dress fiasco, she was the most entertaining of the group. She's come a long way from the guilt-ridden gal having regrets about a K-Cup show, to a Spanx baring, F' You all because I am going to have fun, Boss! . All I know is I felt entertained every time she was in the scene. She was hilarious, and if this is her big F U to Dallas Society and their judgemental ways, all the more power to her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

When did D’andra get a facelift? I guess I’m always surprised when people not even in their 50s get one! And here I was thinking maybe this skincare of hers was doing it all. 
Completely petty but I hate her name. 

In January so a few months before her 50th.

• Love 1

I apologise for my ignorance , but please explain why is it racist or offensive to call someone Mexican when they are actually Mexican ? It’s like calling me Greek , cause I’m Greek (Australian )

Sometimes it's not just what you say, it's also how you say it.

And really, if you're insulting someone, there is no reason to bring their race or nationality into it.

Maybe you should ask some of the Lebanese in Australia, who even if they are born there and have been living there all their lives, are still called Lebanese by certain racists in Australia as an insult and why they find it offensive.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think that was her goal on this show and also to make Kary's husband look bad.  I feel for her because of LeeAnn's racism, but that is where my sympathy ends.  Ron and Ben, from Watch What Crappens, saw  Kary at Leeann's wedding, not knowing she was part of the cast, and determined she was  thirsty.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Unpopular opinion, but I actually get what D’andra is saying. She obviously has been blessed with a lot. But being so isolated as you recover is not fun. It’s hard to go a month without human interaction, being cooped up in the house, missing your usual activities. I get laser treatments done for acne scars, and I choose the ones without downtime. I’ve done other treatments where I had to be at home just a few days, but I hated missing out on stuff. I’m sure I’d go nuts stuck in the house for a whole month. As much as I love being at home and relaxing, some of us feel trapped after awhile. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/10/2020 at 11:07 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh ok, I concede that I know little to nothing about how the VA system works, and I’m sure you’re more informed than I am, as I believe you have posted before that you were in the armed services.  I’m not particularly trying to get into the minutiae of tha

I really love your posts and I generally try not to stir things up.  Lost my dad this week and my posts are probably a complete mess.  For those I"ve offended, I'm sorry.  Next week?  Game on!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I really love your posts and I generally try not to stir things up.  Lost my dad this week and my posts are probably a complete mess.  For those I"ve offended, I'm sorry.  Next week?  Game on!

Oh no, Albariño, I love your posts, even when we don’t agree.  Don’t stop offending people now. You’ll leave me all alone lol.

Your posts weren’t a mess, and I had no idea that you were dealing with this.  I am so sorry about your father.  My thoughts are with you.

• Love 7
On 1/10/2020 at 12:27 AM, MrsWitter said:

I appreciated your whole post, @Dance4Life, but I am laughing hysterically over this:

“all........the manipulations, meddling  and whistleblowing Kameron decided .........LeAnne is not a racist! 

Kameron is the type of racist that makes sparkling pink

💕 ‘All Lives Matter’ 💕

posters in response to urgent issues like the Black Lives Matter movement. “

I’m picturing Kam sitting down with her daughter, poster board, pink markers, and glitter scattered across the table, adding an asterisk to that “all lives matter”*

*INCLUDING BLONDES!

And, in Spanish!  💕 Todas Las Vidas Importan 💕

It is SCARY  that Kam  is teaching her kids to be in our spaces with her racist ideologies.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, Skala said:

I explained it in my earlier post. Here is the super short answer. 

Make no mistake! 

When people like LeAnne call us Mexicans in derogatory tones......it is to demean our Native Indigenous, African & other minority ancestries. 

This is their intent and why it is racist.

When Kary calls herself a Mexican......it is to show Latino pride! 😘 🇲🇽 

As much as people want to make me white......I have never been called.....’white trash.’  That is only for people with 99.999% European ancestry! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 4
11 hours ago, albarino said:

I really love your posts and I generally try not to stir things up.  Lost my dad this week 

So sorry you're going through that, Albarino - condolences to you and yours.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, albarino said:

I am so sorry for your loss, grieving is hard, maybe all of us snarky people can give you a little laugh or two, hugs to you.

• Love 7