Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Fire In The Hole

Sookie (Anna Paquin) hatches a dangerous plan to take down the H-Vamps, even as Vince (Brett Rickaby) and his armed vigilantes pose an equally serious threat. Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) gets high with James (Nathan Parsons); Jason (Ryan Kwanten) eyes a family future with Violet (Karolina Wydra); Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) is forced to find a new place to stay; Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) sheds her past. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) offers Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) a compelling reason to return to Louisiana – and be the vampire he used to be.

(edited)

I just spent ten minutes shaking my head. 

Well I guess the neanderthal is out of the way. Get this Sookie and Bill flirtation song and dance over with already so I don't have to roll my eyes every scene.

And I realize this is a totally unpopular opinion, but I CAN'T STAND JESSICA and was hoping Maxine would take her out. Those cutesy-wutsey blogs and her pollyanna act are so annoying. "Im baaaack!" I don't care. Just die already.

Edited by BrendasChoppers
(edited)

Oh no Alcide!!!!  I just knew something like this was coming.  Damn Sookie, this one totally is her fault.  I'm officially bummed by this season now, he was my favorite.  Bitch doesn't even look too upset in the previews for the next episode.  But then again, she apparently didn't love him that much.  I will watch the rest of the season to see the series through, but I'm kind of checked out now.  They are killing too many big characters off.

Now Ma Fortenberry...well that one was coming, I suppose.  But poor Hoyt, will he ever know? 

So Tara really did meet the true-death...Pam felt it, she would know.  Ugh.

Sigh...Alcide I will miss you and all of your naked, growling hotness. :(

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 2

I'm kind of starting to see the problems people are having with this show.

1 - Editing was all over the place.

2 - Dull, dull scenes of characters just talking and little action

3 - People being stupid because shut up.

One could say Sookie's little talk about Six Flags New Orleans and her trip there before it all went to ruin could be a metaphor for this show.

Me?  I'm sticking through with it.  Come hell or high water (or Japanese businessman assassins), I'm going to watch.

Fare-thee-well, Alcide.  Too bad he died before finding out the shits who shot him also got shot.

And I was sooooo wishing the stupid mob got captured by the Hep Vamps.  Every.  Last.  Stupid.  One of them.

• Love 4
(edited)

Welp, farewell Alcide, vampire Matt, and Maxine Fortenberry.  Alcide deserved better, but at least he died thinking Sookie loved him.  And he reconciled with his father, too.

This show is all over the place.  Don't care about Sookie and Bill's excellent adventure, the disgusting Violet, Sarah/Noomi and her newfound spirituality, and Eric's long lost love.  Ugh, Sylvie was such a non-entity.  And Eric's 80s look just had me rolling my eyes.  

Although he is a secondary character, I really like the Reverend, particularly his scenes with Willa.  They're a nice, grounded presence among all the crazy shit going on.

Why do they keep showing those promos for Jessica's diary with James, when they're clearly on the outs?  

Wondering if some of the diseased blood made its way into Sookie's bloodstream after all.  It was shown running down her face when she was crying over Alcide.

Edited by Amethyst

I never really liked Alcide but I do feel for the people who did. I understand this is the last season but they are just killing everybody now. Yet Violet still goes on.

Still don't care about Sookie and Bill. I actually turned off the conversation they had in the car. 

While I do love Eric the 80's fashion was not the best look. I thought Pam looked good though. 

(edited)

How many Ma Hoytenberrys equal one Alcide? I'm thinking at least ten. Damn, that was funny, though . . . watching Violet get her Temple Of Doom on like that. I know, Violet's a bit one-note, but she just fulfilled my wish for that old bat to die. And hey . . . she had a heart after all! Who knew?

Once again, I'm having fun, even if we're denied the appearance of a werewolf/vampire hybrid. Poor Alcide. Like Terry, he was too sane for Bon Temps.

Wait . . . so vampires can't feel drugs if they're swallowed, but bong hits are cool? I'm not getting the logic, though that might be the point of this show.

Rev? Lettie Mae couldn't save a person from drowning with a comically oversized life preserver. Good idea to see Willa off, bad idea to think his love's worth salvaging. And, natch, we find out that Tara's dead-dead (true dead?) off-handed from Pam. Thanks, Pam! Sheesh.

ETA: Sookie is an idiot . . . but in this town, she belongs in MENSA.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

Well, totally saw Dead Alcide coming.  Sookie and Bill have to be together, yall.  Bleh.  I'm surprised it happened so early in the season though.  Violet needs to die, and soon.  And I want Jason to stake her.  Probably won't happen, but I need her to go splat.

What was up with that forest scene of Bill and Sookie talking?  The voices sounded so off.  And it was just boring. 

Glad to see Eric have something to go after.  At least that is somewhat interesting.

• Love 1

Did they retconn the Reverend's past?  I thought he left his wife for Lettie Mae.  Even so, I like him - he seems fairly normal, if not blinded by Lettie Mae's evil.

On another note, I realized today that I didn't care if Eric died, and I like Eric.  I actually want more people to die.  As much as I liked Alcide, I'm glad he died.   Sookie should feel awful for his death.  She should have told him about her plan.  In fact, they should have set up this sting operation with more back-up.  I actually thought the plan was pretty decent (using Sookie as bait) to lure the hep v vamps so they can find out where the prisoners were.

The townpeople are so dumb, I hope they all get wiped out.  Stupid, Stupid.

I also hated that they didn't show us Jessica and her lover boys' problems.  He seems like a whiney baby to me.  Jessica is self-destructing as well.

I find it interesting how Eric chose his progeny over the love of his life, maybe Eric should get a clue and realize that he can't love humans more than vampires.  They will always be disposable.  Sylvie seemed stupid anyway, so yeah Eric she was cute, but she was no Pam.

I did like Ma Fortenberry's demise.  

• Love 3

Wow that was talky. Sexposition all over the place. Yogi and numis was the worst. Seriously, pillow talking how you'd been there five months? Really really bad writing.

The choose day civil war ere photograph was laughable. Hello, it would be sepia, not black and white, and not that sharp and just different. You got the camera equipment right you had to know at HBO. I mean HBO!!!! It'snot TBS. I just expect better.

I found a lot of things inadvertently funny this episode like Alcide running in a guy and out a boy, and Sookie feeding in he he car, it couldn't have been more Scooby gang if it had tried to be. Why Drag out the Jessica's sick thing? Why not just do it?

I did love seeing Annie Potts. I just love her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually want more people to die.

Unfortunately, I think Bill and Sookie will be the only ones left alive.

Hate-watching this show is even becoming difficult, but I was here from the beginning and will be until the end.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 7
I did love seeing Annie Potts. I just love her.

Where was she?  I missed that part.

And, natch, we find out that Tara's dead-dead (true dead?) off-handed from Pam. Thanks, Pam! Sheesh.

That was so disappointing.  They spend the past six seasons waxing on and on about how important the bond between a maker and their progeny is, how much stronger it is than humans and their children, but Pam drops the ball on it because she's too busy looking for Eric.  It could easily be interpreted that Pam was playing Russian Roulette was because she's lost without Eric, not because she was mourning Tara.  And Eric doesn't give two shits about Tara because he's too busy moping about his existence.  I'm kind of hoping Tara returns and haunts the shit out of them.

• Love 1

Wow... I know Alcide was going to be out of the picture soon, since relationships never get to last on this show, but I wasn't expecting him to go out that way. Stupid ass vigilante people... If they hadn't been there, Sookie's plan (however bad of a plan it was) would have actually worked in that they got Holly back and killed the infected that were with her without anyone on Sookie's side getting hurt. But nope... here's another dose of guilt for Sookie.

I'm not opposed to Bill/Sookie, since I've always liked that pairing, but I wanted it to happen because Sookie knows things weren't right with Alcide as opposed to Bill being the only guy left. Though I suppose she did at least admit that things weren't quite as good as they seemed between her and Alcide. I like the fact that Bill and Sookie actually got to have a decent conversation, since that hasn't happened in like... 5 seasons?

I'll kind of miss ma Fortenberry, but they way she was pointing that gun at herself last week, I knew she was going to be a goner... Vince and the rest of his stupid group need to take a hike... along with Violet... she's handy to have around, but man... what a bitch! Jason isn't "warrior" enough for you because he actually cared about all those dead people? I didn't like her before... and I definitely like her even less now.

Didn't care that much about the rev's story... it went on a touch long for me, but the moment itself was good. Where's Willa going to go now? Hopefully she's made friends with Jess during the 6 month time jump.

Eric's story was interesting- and I suppose adds to the initial impression of him that he doesn't really care about humans at all. I'm not at all surprised that the idea of vengeance would get him up and moving, ready to fight.  (Sarah newlin's stuff could have been shorter and more to the point...)

I loved 80's Eric and Pam... they were almost as fun as 80s punk Bill. It was nice to see Nan Flan again! Her and Pam could have been friends... LOL.

Some parts of this ep dragged for me, but overall, things are moving and shifting, stuff is actually happening... I liked it.

Damn, I liked Alcide, shame they killed him off but it's the final season, I deal better with character death when I know the show is coming to an end.

Violet was really bugging me tonight but then she killed Ma Hoytenberry and tackled Rocky and I liked her again.

I'm really enjoying the James/Layfyette scenes I like their bonding but I find it odd that they're just chilling at home while everyone else is doing something.

Loved the Pam/Eric scenes, as odd as it is I was actually worried that Eroc would pick Sylvie over Pam...maybe he decided to save Sylvie but they killed her as punishment instead. Glad they didn't do that.

I actually liked the Bill/Sookie scenes, mostly because at the time I believed Bill would die in the season finale, saving Sookie...I don't know why I believed that, it was something with all the flashbacks to his family.

Where was she?  I missed that part.

That was so disappointing.  They spend the past six seasons waxing on and on about how important the bond between a maker and their progeny is, how much stronger it is than humans and their children, but Pam drops the ball on it because she's too busy looking for Eric.  It could easily be interpreted that Pam was playing Russian Roulette was because she's lost without Eric, not because she was mourning Tara.  And Eric doesn't give two shits about Tara because he's too busy moping about his existence.  I'm kind of hoping Tara returns and haunts the shit out of them.

I think there is a difference for Tara/Pam though... since Pam didn't want to be a maker (and even mentioned that she'd done it once before and it didn't go well) maybe she just doesn't have that sort of 'maternal' instinct. I think she cared about Tara, but she'll always care about Eric more... Eric is her world. So it didn't bother me that much. At least she acknowledged it... and I'm sure after the loss of Tara it makes the idea of Eric dying of HepV even more difficult for Pam to handle.

• Love 2

I actually enjoyed this episode. It wasn't great, but I thought it was better than the previous two this season. Now they just have to kill all the angry villagers and maybe Violet. I knew Alcide's number was up the minute Sookie started talking about him to Bill. At least we won't have anymore werewolf drama. Hopefully.

• Love 1

Yeah the whole Sylvie thing was pretty stupid, I thought. If she was the love of Eric's life like somehow we're supposed to believe, why did he not turn her? He certainly could have. Eric isn't the kind of vamp to hang onto a human for very long, unless they're somehow useful. I don't get it. But at least he made the right choice when confronted by the True Blood yakuza.

• Love 2

I've been watching past seasons and I agree they changed the Revs story, unless I misheard from the previous season. Do the writers not even watch the show?

Poor Alcide. But it's probably for the best; of all the sups he wasn't the most useful. And he is finally rid of Sookie! I was actually more shocked and upset at Maxine's death. She was a bitch, but I always liked her.

• Love 1

I actually enjoyed this episode. It wasn't great, but I thought it was better than the previous two this season. Now they just have to kill all the angry villagers and maybe Violet. I knew Alcide's number was up the minute Sookie started talking about him to Bill. At least we won't have anymore werewolf drama. Hopefully.

Don't even speak the words! The werepack (and the stupid panthers) need to stay far, far away from our bon temps!!

I'm sad that this is how Alcide's story ends... but not sad to be back down to one 'two natured' creature on our show. Sort of like in the beginning... there are vampires, and there is Sam... everyone else is human or a little bit fairy.  Too many magical creatures gets a lot more difficult to handle, IMO.

I've been watching past seasons and I agree they changed the Revs story, unless I misheard from the previous season. Do the writers not even watch the show?

Poor Alcide. But it's probably for the best; of all the sups he wasn't the most useful. And he is finally rid of Sookie! I was actually more shocked and upset at Maxine's death. She was a bitch, but I always liked her.

Did we get much of his story in the past aside from that he was married when he started seeing lettie mae?

I might have zoned out during his long talk to Willa... so I could be wrong, but didn't he say that his marriage was in trouble and his wife strayed, but that he was still married? So I guess it fits, it's just more detailed and round about then what we've heard before?

Pam didn't want to be a maker (and even mentioned that she'd done it once before and it didn't go well) maybe she just doesn't have that sort of 'maternal' instinct. I think she cared about Tara, but she'll always care about Eric more... Eric is her world.

Eric didn't want to be a maker, either.  Pam forced his hand; either he turn her, or watch her die.  So it wasn't like he had the instinct, he did it because he felt he had no choice.  And Tara wasn't just Pam's progeny, she was her lover.  It's odd that Pam could barely muster up a tear for Tara, considering what Tara was supposed to mean to her.  

The writers can't stress how important the maker/progeny bond is just to gloss over it in the end, especially with a main character. 

• Love 2
so vampires can't feel drugs if they're swallowed, but bong hits are cool?​

I figured that their digestive systems don't work in a way that lets them absorb pills, but their lungs can absorb smoke.  But I didn't think too deeply about it...

I was shocked by Alcide dying.  I was expecting Sookie to cheat on him with Bill and for the show to drag that drama out, although I wasn't looking forward to it.  I was *hoping* that he and Sookie would stay together, because I hate Bill, and I really really hate Sookie & Bill together.   So, I was surprised, and I guess a little disappointed.  

So I guess it's pretty much a given now that Lettie Mae killed Tara?

No other reason for a day-one character's death to happen offscreen than because there's going to be a reveal about it later.

These townsfolk are beyond stupid. Their genius plan is go out at night with guns to attack everything supernatural. All this time I've been judging Sookie for being a moron; I realize she's no dumber than her very dumb neighbors. Sookie's plan was actually good had she managed to communicate it.

The single most unconscionable thing about Alcide's death is that somehow he merited an onscreen death while Tara got an off screen death and offhand mention by Pam.

I like that James and Lafayette are bonding and actually implementing Sam's plan correctly.

• Love 5

Did we get much of his story in the past aside from that he was married when he started seeing lettie mae?

I might have zoned out during his long talk to Willa... so I could be wrong, but didn't he say that his marriage was in trouble and his wife strayed, but that he was still married? So I guess it fits, it's just more detailed and round about then what we've heard before?

Yeah, I suppose it could fit in with the history, but when Tara first found Rev and Lettie Mae together (season 3, maybe) she lectured her mom about him being married and it sounded like his wife was a part of the community.  But tonight he made it sound like his wife had left him and he came to Bon Temps by himself. So, I don't know. 

I kind of felt like the writers don't have any story left and are just relying on flashbacks at this point.  Compton family photo time, really?  Although it did make me laugh because it reminded me of the new Seth MacFarlane movie gag about no one smiling in old-timey photographs. 

• Love 2

These townsfolk are beyond stupid. Their genius plan is go out at night with guns to attack everything supernatural. All this time I've been judging Sookie for being a moron; I realize she's no dumber than her very dumb neighbors. Sookie's plan was actually good had she managed to communicate it.

The single most unconscionable thing about Alcide's death is that somehow he merited an onscreen death while Tara got an off screen death and offhand mention by Pam.

I like that James and Lafayette are bonding and actually implementing Sam's plan correctly.

But Alcide had a body to cry over, he could actually have a death scene... Tara, as a vampire would have been there one second and an exploded goo the next, no time for goodbyes like with Godric or Nora. So that choice of not having Tara's death shown on screen doesn't bother me... but I am hoping we are still going to see some more moments of mourning for Tara. Now Sookie's got two people to grieve over.

Violet ripping out Ma Fortenberry's heart actually made me love her, for about ten seconds.

I actually liked Sookie's talk with Bill about Alcide loving her more than she loved him, and him telling her that love doesn't necessarily have to be equal. I think nearly everyone can identify with that at some point in their lives. I would have been more upset about Alcide's death if they'd ever bothered to develop the character to any extent.

I let a little "Fuck, yeah," slip when Andy walked away from idiot Lou. What did those fools think was going to happen.

• Love 1

Yeah, I thought this was much better than last week. The weakest link for me is still the angry mob of hillbillies, and I hope that is dispersed with soon. Although if it took an angry mob of hillbillies to finally get rid of Ma Fortenberry, then maybe it's not so bad. 

There were some parts of this that I did like. I liked Sookie and Bill's talk in the woods, where she was honest and said that she knew Alcide loved her more than she loved him, because she could hear it in her thoughts. When she said he wanted to have kids I thought she was going to say that her hesitation was because she didn't want to have a child who could read everyone else's thoughts because of how hard it had made things for her. But nonetheless, her admission did make her more relatable for just a moment. Many people have been with someone that they know they should be in love with, but for whatever reason aren't.

I figured the end game would be for Bill and Sookie to end up together, but I was not expecting them to kill off Alcide so early in the season. This is a much better way to handle it than to waste a bunch of time on a melodramatic breakup, or dragging out a love triangle. But I will miss the pretty that is Alcide. And I did like Sookie having enough sense to not let Jessica turn him, saying she'd been down that road before (Tara). A rare moment of sanity for her.

I like the Reverend. Too bad he's blind to how toxic and horrible Lettie Mae is. His scene with Willa was good. Could we please stake Violet and hook Jason up with Willa instead?

I did like seeing Nan Flanagan again, I always liked her. I'd heard about the Sylvie character and I was annoyed that yet another new character was going to be thrown at us in the last season, so I was glad that it looks like she was only in this episode. This also explains why Eric and Pam always hated her so much.

And Anna Camp in this role cracks me up so I was glad to see her again. Of course Sarah Newlin would find a new religion and reinvent herself. And cheesy as it was, I did chuckle when the thought of hunting her down and killing her was what gave Eric the will to live just a little bit longer. Hee. 

I find that I'm looking forward to pretty much all the characters dying. I know that Sookie won't. But when I imagine her stuck with just one man (hardly care who) because everyone one else is dead, her deprivation is rather consoling. Of course, my dream ending is Eric turning Sookie, then Jason staking them both, but still: Monogamy would be a living hell for Sookie. At any rate, we could play "Who dies next?" to pass the time while the plot...I was going to write "unfolds," but surely "decays" would be more apt?

• Love 3
(edited)

Fuck was that?  Sookie (who can read minds) thinks relationships only work if both folks love each other equally?  Eric is all 'fuck you' for no particular reason until the vampire cops (wholly predictably) show up to teach him who's boss?  Alcide dies because Sookie sneaks away and doesn't clue him in on the plan, then she decides he'd probably prefer to stay dead?  Townspeople with guns can now outfight super-speedy vamps?  What the hell happened to this show?

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 4
(edited)

And, that's a wrap for another regular.  Farewell, Alcide.  If it makes you feel any better, Sookie would have eventually dumped you anyway.  Can't say I was really a fan of the character, but I did roll my eyes, since it just comes off so obvious that they're getting him out of the way for Sookie/Bill to be the endgame.

Flashback-galore for this episode.  We get to see Bill and his family again, which was boring as hell, and then there was the Eric stuff, which was just random as hell.  So, all this time, Eric was in love with some girl name Sylvia?  OK, then.  I guess the idea that he picked Pam over her could be interesting, but it was hard to get into it, since, honestly, Eric has no one to blame but himself for even letting it escalate like he did.  His arrogance really is his worst enemy.  But, the best part of that story-line (besides Sylvia's allergy to clothes), was the Nan appearance.  Jessica Tuck is awesome.

Speaking of returns, yay, Sarah Newlin!  I know I should hate her with a power of a thousand suns, but I just find Anna Camp so delightfully campy and hilarious as Sarah.  All her stuff just cracked me up.  I can't wait to see what they are doing with her; assuming Eric/Pam don't find her that quickly, and kill her.

The rag-tag group of Jason/Jessica/Andy/Violet was kind of fun.  Interesting that Violet clearly hates Jessica's ass, but when she got shot, she was the one to take out Maxine. Which, can't believe I"m saying this, thanks, Violet.  And, of course, when the shit goes down, the townsfolk ran like cowards.  What a bunch of punks.  Bon Temps is so lame.

Lafayette and James is so happening.  I actually forgot James and Jessica were even a couple.  Looks like Pam confirmed that Tara is truly dead, so I agree with everyone who thinks the big twist was Lettie Mae killed her.

Well, it looks like they got Holly back, but I'm guessing her being glamoured is going to prevent them from finding the rest.  I worry for Arlene.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
(edited)

Eric didn't want to be a maker, either.  Pam forced his hand; either he turn her, or watch her die.  So it wasn't like he had the instinct, he did it because he felt he had no choice.  And Tara wasn't just Pam's progeny, she was her lover.  It's odd that Pam could barely muster up a tear for Tara, considering what Tara was supposed to mean to her. 

The writers can't stress how important the maker/progeny bond is just to gloss over it in the end, especially with a main character.

They can't even bother to show us Sookie or Lafayette shedding a tear over Tara(let alone show her death on-screen) so I totally called them having Pam offhandedly mention that she felt her death instead of actually showing us that. Tara is a character that these writers have never much cared about. I mean Sookie even cried over Alcide. Alcide! I don't believe for a second she truly loved that dude. She's known Tara her whole damn life. I said I was done ranting about this storyline but I'm clearly not. 

So I guess it's pretty much a given now that Lettie Mae killed Tara?

No other reason for a day-one character's death to happen offscreen than because there's going to be a reveal about it later.

I've been saying this since it happened. I see only two outcomes. Either they are going to reveal that Lettie Mae did it or they just don't give a shit about Tara and what we see is just what we get in regards to her story this season. Died off-camera with her friends and family(except Lettie Mae) not giving a shit. Actually, both are likely true. 

I am so beyond over Eric and Eric and Pam's great love for each other. It's the final season and we are wasting valuable screentime on flashback scenes of heretofore never mentioned Sylvie. Go fuck yourself, show. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Love 7

Well, it looks like they got Holly back, but I'm guessing her being glamoured is going to prevent them from finding the rest.  I worry for Arlene.

Sookie can unglamour her and find out where they are keeping the others... Even if Sookie just gets pieces, she surely remember fangtasia and the basement dungeon... Too many people are at stake, I don't know when Sookie will be able to really grieve for Tara and Alcide. At least Alcide had a body for her to cry over... that's the tough thing with Tara dying as a vampire- it's a rough way to go.

On another note, I realized today that I didn't care if Eric died, and I like Eric.  I actually want more people to die.  As much as I liked Alcide, I'm glad he died.   Sookie should feel awful for his death.  She should have told him about her plan.  In fact, they should have set up this sting operation with more back-up.  I actually thought the plan was pretty decent (using Sookie as bait) to lure the hep v vamps so they can find out where the prisoners were.

The townpeople are so dumb, I hope they all get wiped out.  Stupid, Stupid.

Isn't the key takeaway from this entire show that the viewing audience now actively wants EVERYONE on the show to die?  Except Pam?

• Love 2

Oh no not my eye candy! Dammit show why did you have to take out Alcide?

Count me among the people who are just sticking with this show till the end. I just can't quit you True Blood. They seem to be trying to take on far too much for the last season, however, this show has been like this for a while so why am I not surprised. Now Sara Newman (sp?) is back. Do we really need her thrown into the mix? At this point don't we have seven episodes left? 

I think hate watching is a good description of what I'm doing yes.

As far as the Sylvie thing.........any excuse to see Eric naked is fine by me. 

• Love 1

Well that was quite a shit episode. Totally disjointed.

So Tara is really most sincerely dead:(.  Terrible exit for her. Awful, awful. awful

I'm not big fan of Alcide, but really that's how you send him off? With Sooookeh hanging out with Bill and then you kill him.  Fuck that.

I never thought I'd say this. I'm so over Eric now. 

But once more Jason is amusing and I was happy to see Sarah back she's hilarious.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well that was quite a shit episode.

Does that phrase even maintain any meaning when EVERY episode is like that?  

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7

Isn't the key takeaway from this entire show that the viewing audience now actively wants EVERYONE on the show to die?  Except Pam?

At this point, the only ending to this series I'm willing to accept is that we find out everything we have been watching for the past 7 years is all taking place inside of a snowglobe in the mind of an autistic kid. Or it's like that one episode of Buffy were they leave us with the option of believing that Sookie is really just a mental patient having a psychotic break. 

Or just kill everyone.

• Love 6

I definitely think some of the scenes dragged on... but in general, I'm liking the direction this season is taking. It's getting rid of some extra characters... and upping the shock value with the whole "anyone can die" sort of thing...

I don't mind Sarah Newlin coming back, they left her alive last season for a reason. Hep V is a threat, sure, but there needs to be something else or someone else... some sort of bad guy... otherwise what else are we going to watch these people do for 7 more episodes? The rescue operation has to happen soon, and then what?

So Sarah Newlin will be an obstacle... these corporation guys will be in the mix... There will be a search for a cure for the hep V... There has to be a reason for people to do things, or we'd just be watching them go to the grocery store and hang out at a bar.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wish the little speech Sookie had with Bill she would have had with Alcide and let him make an informed decision about whether he wanted to fight to the end or just get out alive. They have really made me hate Sookie's selfish ass over the years.  It's like she has regressed every season. 

I don't mind saying I actually like Violet.  Her single minded devotion to Jason kinda cracks me up. I hated to see Mrs. F go but she went out with a bang worthy of her character. 

Yes! Can't wait to see a showdown between Eric and Sarah.  

So as of right now I will be heart broken if Jessica, Jason, Violet, Lafayette, James, Arlene, Holly and her son, Willia, Adelin, Eric, or Pam dies.  

Edited by angelita100
(edited)

Fuck was that?  Sookie (who can read minds) thinks relationships only work if both folks love each other equally?  Eric is all 'fuck you' for no particular reason until the vampire cops (wholly predictably) show up to teach him who's boss?  Alcide dies because Sookie sneaks away and doesn't clue him in on the plan, then she decides he'd probably prefer to stay dead?  Townspeople with guns can now outfight super-speedy vamps?  What the hell happened to this show?

You forgot that a few guys posing with swords can also defeat super-speedy vamps. And, boy, wasn't everybody just on the edge of their seats when Eric had to make that big choice about who was going to live? I mean, I thought for sure he was going to choose Sylvie, and we were going to find out that the last six seasons have actually involved Sylvie wearing a full body Pam suit. 

Most episodes lately have had a little bit of good mixed with a lot of stupid and a little bit of boring. This one... not quite up to those grueling standards.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed this episode, much more than the previous two, and I liked those, as well.

This is the first season I'm not marathoning, so it's hard to wait a week between episodes. I'm not hate-watching, because I only recently fell in love with the show in the first place. Season one was only a couple of weeks ago for me and I've already rewatched the entire show from the beginning again with my husband this time.

At any rate, I mourned for Tara when she died the first time, and so I completely understood LaFayette's reaction, and Sookie's, at this second death. Besides, they felt so guilty for having her turned so her getting the true death had to come as somewhat of a relief. No one's reactions to Tara dying bother me (including Pam, Eric, Willa) except Lettie Mae's. I could not hate that woman more if she was a real person. Just a foul, poisonous bitch, no matter what her husband says, and the sooner she dies, the better. I hate her more than Joffrey!

Sylvie didn't bother me, unlike some of you saying where did she come from? We've never heard of her before?  Eric has been around a *thousand* years, I bet there's A LOT OF PEOPLE in his life we've never heard of before. If it's a one-time flashback scene and not a new character whose story we have to follow, then why the hell not? Especially when it explains why Eric was holed up where he was -- he was wallowing in self-pity and getting ready to die. Of course it was vengeance that motivated him to get his sick ass out of bed. Pam's a smart cookie, but then we've always known that. The fact that the people who made TruBlood killed Sylvie in the 80's (LOVED THE HAIR!) and are after Sarah was interesting to know.

I will be quite happy for Sookie and Bill to end up together. I've liked both characters from the first moment. I loved the conversation in the woods and Sookie taking action with a good plan -- and Bill knowing her well enough not to try to talk her out of it, which Alcide would have tried to do. Bye, Alcide. You were pretty but you've been more or less useless for several seasons, and with you came the single most pointless and boring part of the entire show: the werewolves. (Granted, the werepanthers were worse, but they didn't last *nearly* as long as the fucking werewolves have. Hate!)

So, in this episode we got: Sookie acting with some agency, the deaths of some characters we were glad to see go or simply didn't need, got Holly back, got lovely, wasted LaLa flirting, some real conversation between a few characters, enjoyable flashbacks, especially Nanners, naked, fucking Eric (I don't give a shit who he's fucking), and Eric invested in living again (at least until Sarah Newlin gets dismembered). All in all, an excellent episode!

• Love 2

Did the writers get together & vote on the most interesting things & then have them removed from the script? How can this show be this boring? Why are they introducing extra storylines (yeah, I'm looking at you Sylvie) in the final season? What the hell happened to this show?

• Love 10

That was absolutely fucking terrible. And I mean that having already endured the first two episodes of this season. And season 6. And season 5. I cannot believe that I used to love this show so much and now it's not just stupid and incoherent - it's fucking boring.

I fast forwarded Bill's pointless flashback, everything with Sarah Newlin, Eric's stupid flashback to him fucking yet another new character introduced just so we can watch Eric fucking somebody every goddamn episode, and I suddenly realised I was 40 minutes in and had done nothing but yell at the television. Especially the heinous Bill and Sookie anvils that make me want to hurt somebody. Probably the show runner.

Pam: This can't be all about Sylvie!

Me: Who the f**k is Sylvie?!!

Don't you remember in the first season how Eric was established as being sick of life because of his love for a human?

No?

Because it's a fucking godawful motherfucking retcon.

It shits on his character, it shits on Godric, it shits on Pam, and it shits on Sookie. It is a thing that shits. And it was pointless and boring too.

Did the writers get together & vote on the most interesting things & then have them removed from the script?

No, because that would mean they'd watched an episode of it before and I very much doubt that. Classic final season written by people who only have a show checklist and broad character outlines because the real writers have all moved on to other projects.

I know we've been saying the writers are massive Bill/Sookie shippers and have been complaining about it for a while but I really think they're going to do it. They're really going to have her get back with the bastard. Motherfucker.

I'd start on some of the ridiculous vampire mythology in this episode - they can smoke but can't take pills, Bill is a 'new man' etc - but I've sworn enough for one post.

Motherfucker.

• Love 20
(edited)

I know we've been saying the writers are massive Bill/Sookie shippers and have been complaining about it for a while but I really think they're going to do it. They're really going to have her get back with the bastard. Motherfucker.

Yep. And that little conversation that Jason had with Violet about adopting children is how Sookie is going to get the family she wants, even though her hubster is a vampire. Her first adoption might even be Sam's baby with whatsherface, if the baby is born but Sam and whatsherface don't make it out of the last episode alive.

I'm liking how Harris ended the book series even more now.

Edited by NeenerNeener