Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Exorcism Part 2

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

David is shocked to learn he is being sued for inflicting severe psychological harm on Caroline Hopkins, after he assisted in her exorcism. The accusation leads him to question his future as a priest, especially once he develops a very close connection with his defense attorney.

Airing Thursday, December 5, 2019.

Good riddance to that creep. Damn. That whole storyline freaked me the hell out. Way, WAY too real. 

Soooooooo, Renee. She seems intense, to say the least :p. For all the issues between her and Lemonhead (...yeah...), Lemonhead was right to be concerned about the relationship between them. Conflict of interest, and all that. For a moment when Renee was coming on to him, I thought maybe she was trying to test his resolve and commitment to his new life as a means of trying to prove to those suing that he really had turned over a new leaf. Clearly not the case, though. It'll be interesting to see how things play out with them going forward.

And speaking of David, guy's had quite a history! The thoughts that must've run through Kristen's mind as she heard all of that. In some ways, Ben looked a bit surprised by some of that information, too, but in other ways, it also kinda looked like he was aware on some level of some of it, at least? He seemed to keep looking at Kristen like he knew how tough it'd be for her to find out some of this. Thinking she and David will be chatting about that more at some point. 

As for other topics, first things first, I think Andy looks better with the beard. Since this show's season will wrap up well before spring arrives, I wonder if they'll end the season with her planning to take that trip, or if she'll change her mind/something'll happen with her and Andy before then. 

That cat's constant screeching kept startling one of my cats :p.

• Love 12

They did a good job with casting that cat.  SO creepy.  His eyes. . . .

I was sure there was going to be a shooting while David was up with his lady friend, the kid shooting himself in the head while preening with his guns was both satisfying and surprising.

Leland's temper tantrum was great!  I always wonder who has to clean up after temper tantrums like that.  Does he have a secretary who would have to order him a new table?

I wonder if she's going to turn her husband down on his offer or if she's going to go off to climb while the show is on Hiatus and we start back with her getting a call as she's climbing of some mystery she needs to help David solve.  Does Dad have any employable skills besides being a climbing lead because she's making decent money (I'd assume) with the demons while he's gone. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

I noticed the painting but didn’t recognize it as David’s dads. Interesting. 

I don't know if it's one we've seen before but it's definitely of the same style.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I was not expecting that ending! This show really surprises me. I was wondering if the lady lawyer in David’s room was really a demon. 

Oh me, too! I want him to remain chaste! 

Kristen won't go climbing. I don't think she could earn enough money doing that plus she has this new gig she likes. I think Andy just wanted to see if she would be up for it.

But get rid of that screeching cat. Gah!

• Love 3

Someone give Sebastian a Darwin Award! In all seriousness, I wasn't expecting that ending, and I thought the episode would end on a cliffhanger of him showing up at David's prayer group. This show does a good job of showing that the real evil is guys like Sebastian and Leland because people like them actually exist in the world, and that's horrifying.

I still don't trust Kristen's husband, and she didn't seem super excited about his "gift" to her. On the other hand, I do trust that cat. They can sense evil. 😉 

It was super awkward as Lemonhead was forcing David to disclose his past since Kristen and Ben were able overhear it all. And it's always good to see Renee Elise Goldsberry. Can't blame her for being into David, but yeah, no way that's going to end well. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, phalange said:

I still don't trust Kristen's husband, and she didn't seem super excited about his "gift" to her.

Yeah, given he asked her point blank if he should be worried about Ben, I think it's clear what at least one of his reasons, if not the main reason, was for that "gift". And if and when he meets David, he'll probably only push the idea harder. 

• Love 6

I burst into laughter when the idiot incel blew his own head off, then rewound it, rewatched and laughed again. 😆

Why didn’t they just broadcast the depositions over the PA system? Ben and Kristen shouldn’t have been able to hear all of that. 🙄

Was the cat supposed to be reacting to evil or was it supposed to be demonic, appearing from nowhere? If the latter, I don’t like that.

I like Peter Scolari. Nice to see him again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

No comments about the new priest being Tom Hanks Bosom Buddies co-star, Peter Scolari? Man, talk about a change of pace. I wonder if he will be a regular.

Also, how were Kristen and Ben “listening in” to the deposition? That seemed highly irregular, as depos are usually down in private. Were they merely listening through the glass wall? Or did they have one of Ben’s super-duper tech tools? And if he “planted it” that makes it even more irregular.

Oh, one other thing: Has anyone else noticed that CBS is advertising this show along with the comedies that show on Thursday night?  Admittedly, CBS shows some funny clips from the show, but I wonder how many people tune in expecting some variation of “Mom” only to get quite a surprise?

Edited by SamBeckett
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

How did the cat get into a closed closet? And why wouldn't you just take the cat to a shelter the next day? Are they feeding it? Cats don't screech like that unless they're facing another cat coming into their area, or if someone is hurting it.  

I think Renee was in the original production of Hamilton. 

So Grandma & Leland are over (fingers crossed)? At least the girls' scenes are being kept to a minimum. 

The whole thing with Renee admitting her crush on David was so ridiculous.  And when the Father Peter introduced them and they said each other's full names, I was like "so we're on a soap opera, now?" 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

No comments about the new priest being Tom Hanks Bosom Buddies co-star, Peter Scolari? Man, talk about a change of pace. I wonder if he will be a regular.

You must be my age if you think of Peter Scolari as Henry from Bosom Buddies and not for his roles in Newhart or Girls.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

This show is getting better at each new episode. I am confused by the Leland...what is he? A demon? Just a nut case? How did he come by that 'creep' youngster who is easily swayed? Does this mean he is going to continue looking for 'recruits'? I was wondering how that scenario was going to end. I doubted the studio would have let it go far to the point of the 'creep' taking a page out of today's headlines with all these mass killings.

BTW, what ever came out of that crazy scene with her mother and Leland? Is she going to have a "Rosemary baby?"

• Love 3

Good episode but again parts that are beyond belief - such as whats been pointed out with Kristen and Ben overhearing in the deposition (obviously done so they - and we - can hear more about David's backstory).  And of ALL the lawyers in NY, the church has one who is David's dead girlfriend's beautiful sister who always had a crush on him....  yup soap opera territory.  

So a number of us caught the sight of one of David's Dad's paintings in Leland's office (hard to miss as the rest of the walls were blank white).   Anybody else catch Leland referring to the shooting instructor "As one of the 59 people I trust"?  Wasn't there something like 60 sigils - each representing a demon?    And I didn't see that coming with the stupid kid accidently killing himself - I figured that David would be making whoopie with lawyer lady leaving his mostly female prayer group defenseless against the incel.   It was great that the show didn't go there, but from the looks of it, Leland is looking for another proxy to set upon that path.  

And is Leland and Hot Pants Grandma done?  I didn't see anything to suggest it in this episode, and yeah, the cat.   A friend of mine declared to me years ago that "Cats are the devil's minions".  She was saying it tongue in check of course, and believe me - I know they are!   But not in the way supersition says they are, and I hope the show doesn't go there.   And yeah, if you don't want the cat, take it to a shelter, and HOW did it wind up in the closet anyway?

Edited by 12catcrazy
  • Love 8

Which was a huge flaw in this episode.  There is no way that those two would be allowed to overhear what was going on in the deposition.

I thought Ben was bugging the room. He has the skills, the need for info AND the disregard for others' privacy when he needs info!

So much of what I thought is reflected in these posts! In some ways, this was a change-of-pace episode, but in others, it was definitely imbued with evil and a sense of dread.

So there's a cat at Kristen's house, and a bird at David's. To me, the cat was a threatening intruder: they are often portrayed as familiars to witches (Hermione's kneazle, anyone?) And what kind of bird is it? A harbinger of evil (another JK Rowling symbol: an augury)?

When Renee Elise Goldsberry turned up (the Kings used her to great effect in The Good Wife, and also forever Anjelica Schuyler), my NY theater mind thought: wow, can Mike Colter sing? He'd be a great Aaron Burr in Hamilton! And yes, I had a moment where I wondered whether she's coming from the dark side. That is, dressed in red and sitting in David's room trying to tempt him away from a prayer meeting.

Also adored the visual puns: when Kristen & hubby start getting to it: train going under an archway. (Also always amuses me that the bridge over the house is the Hellgate Bridge.) Right up there with the "Exorcist" shot in the original Exorcist episode.

Now that we have seen & heard Kristen's husband, some more questions are answered (and brought up). Clearly they still have the hots for each other. (And yes, he looks better with the beard.) They are well-matched. He says: are you high, not judgmentally, but as an observation, and it's a prelude to their reunion sex.

And as the episode goes on, clearly she's sharing the details (though presumably not all) of her new job. And presumably also hasn't told him about Leland, because then he WOULD have mentioned Grandmama's booty call. Kristen keeps too much to herself.

However, as a witness, she's excellent. You can see why the Queens DA employed her, and that she learned a lot. Telling David to STFU and lawyer up, and NOT to discuss anything with her was a smart move for both of them, though David seemed hurt.

And yes, that was a picture by David's dad on Leland's office wall. (You could see the red of the sigil at the bottom right hand side of the picture.) So many layers!

The discussion of religion with the husband was key: it showed that Kristen is well-matched with Danny and NOT with David. The idea that her being a lapsed Catholic was an important part of their relationship stood out. She's an atheist, David is a believer: there is mad sexual tension, but the two of them could not be happy together unless she "unlapsed" or he lost his faith.

She made it clear: she's an atheist (though they seem to imply that the kids go to a Catholic school, what with the uniforms.)

And at the end, when Danny "gives" her the opportunity to go away while he stays with the kids brought this response from me: why don't the BOTH of you grow the f*ck up and stay home with your FOUR kids, one of whom has major health issues. (And bravo for Danny for coming home early to be with his daughter when they test her heart.)

As for the ending with the incel, that was viscerally satisfying. I also had to stop and say: wait, did that idiot just shoot himself in the head? (You talkin' to ME?)

All right, show!

ETA:

As one of the 59 people I trust"?  Wasn't there something like 60 sigils - each representing a demon?   

Yes, another callback to something planted in the first episode, and elaborated on in small ways throughout the season. Though clearly the guy wasn't a very GOOD gun instructor.

tumblr_ofih6qAcQj1vrbzd0o1_500.gifv

Edited by kwnyc
additional agreement, gifs
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

As for the ending with the incel, that was viscerally satisfying. I also had to stop and say: wait, did that idiot just shoot himself in the head? (You talkin' to ME?)

All right, show!

I never thought I would be happy to see anyone shoot himself in the head but this was so right. Especially after I was sure they would go the projected route of David sins, misses the church group that is slaughtered and is haunted by guilt thru the remainder of the series. .

Yes indeed - All right, show!

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

Also adored the visual puns: when Kristen & hubby start getting to it: train going under an archway. (Also always amuses me that the bridge over the house is the Hellgate Bridge.) Right up there with the "Exorcist" shot in the original Exorcist episode.

I immediately thought of the final scene in North By Northwest (Hitchcock). I like the writers' sense of humor.

I was rolling my eyes at the idea that a lawyer could force the Catholic Church to not ordain a priest as part of a settlement. Also, psychiatrists are MD's; I really doubt that they didn't tell Caroline about the possibility of suicidal thoughts as a side effect of the drugs prescribed. I also doubt that Kristen would be the only one to make the connection, but whatevs.

So are we supposed to think that David became a sex/cocaine addict as a result of whatever happened with 'Julia' ?

I have 4 cats, so obviously I like them, but the screeching/yowling that one was making is not something you want to hear when you have kids in the house. I assumed it's meant to be a symbol of evil, but didn't really understand why it was fastened to David's hoody in the laundry basket. 

The building Leland's office is in is strange-white, bare, and empty. Makes an interesting contrast with the warm, cluttered homey feeling of Kristen's house and office.. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, rlc said:

You must be my age if you think of Peter Scolari as Henry from Bosom Buddies and not for his roles in Newhart or Girls.

I know him from Newhart initially.

A court would have to approve a settlement agreement, and I can’t see any court approving an agreement in which a religious denomination agrees not to ordain someone. Too fraught. BTW, so what if David had a “past.” A lot of saints did too!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Sebastian was far too willing to go along with murdering people.

Especially when Leland told him they were a go for 'SOI' - Slaughter of the Innocents. The incel guy was mad at young women who spurned him, not at all humans. His motivation didn't really make much sense.

• Love 4

Why did I watch late: People noticed much of the stuff I wanted to say, so I will just pretend I didn't see their posts and post it anyway.

Leland saying "He's one of the 59 people I trust in the world."

Comedy Gold: the Incel shooting himself and Leland raging out. Months of work down the drain.

She's not a litigator, she's a fixer. She's kept our abuse victim lawsuits reasonable. (The Catholic Church must keep her very busy.)

Since one of the girls were missing during the episode, they gave the rest instruments so that the noise level would remain the same.

What guy wouldn't be a sex addict if he was a 10 and could have any girl he wanted.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If the church lawyer (Renee) had any respect for the church or David, she wouldn't have crossed that line by trying to seduce him.   She is selfish.

The kid had huge problems and needed help.  His sense of entitlement was his biggest problem.  The scary part was how easily he was manipulated into crossing that line by feeding into that entitlement.  I am not surprised that he shot himself.  He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I agree that Andy looks much better with a beard.   I don't know why he and Kristen were laying down at opposite ends of the bed.  It wasn't like they were having sex.  Though this series is in need of a sex scene between those two.

This series also needs to gag those kids.

At least Sheryl  (Kristen's mom) wasn't in this episode.

I don't like it when shows make cats some sort of possessed villain.   It is too cliche.

Kristen's office isn't insulated.  She must freeze her ass off in the middle of winter in New York.

Kristen isn't going to take that trip,  I don't know why the show even went there.  If she leaves the series is over.

I wondered why they were at opposite ends of the bed, too. They could have fallen asleep that way, talking. That's all I can come up with. Or maybe it's just to show them as "intimate" - him holding and kissing her feet (comfort/intimacy level). 

I thought they were in Chicago, for some reason. 

12 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I immediately thought of the final scene in North By Northwest (Hitchcock). I like the writers' sense of humor.

I was rolling my eyes at the idea that a lawyer could force the Catholic Church to not ordain a priest as part of a settlement. Also, psychiatrists are MD's; I really doubt that they didn't tell Caroline about the possibility of suicidal thoughts as a side effect of the drugs prescribed. I also doubt that Kristen would be the only one to make the connection, but whatevs.

So are we supposed to think that David became a sex/cocaine addict as a result of whatever happened with 'Julia' ?

I have 4 cats, so obviously I like them, but the screeching/yowling that one was making is not something you want to hear when you have kids in the house. I assumed it's meant to be a symbol of evil, but didn't really understand why it was fastened to David's hoody in the laundry basket. 

The building Leland's office is in is strange-white, bare, and empty. Makes an interesting contrast with the warm, cluttered homey feeling of Kristen's house and office.. 

I love cats, so I never see them as evil. People who believe in ghosts, think that animals can sense danger that the rest of us can't, or sense spirits. 

Did I hear the one exchange right? Kristen asking why it was so quiet, and her husband saying he'd told the girls they could keep the cat, if they shut up? I expected a lot of love for the dad in this thread tonight. 

My sister saw a psychiatrist, twenty years ago. The medication she was given, made her worse (she was really depressed, hardly leaving her room), so thanks to the internet, she was able to do her own research, and ask the doctor for a new medication. The doctor got angry with her, and dumped her as a patient, because my sister didn't trust her. Doctors make mistakes too.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I wondered why they were at opposite ends of the bed, too. They could have fallen asleep that way, talking. That's all I can come up with. Or maybe it's just to show them as "intimate" - him holding and kissing her feet (comfort/intimacy level). 

It was pointed out to me that was probably a 69 nod...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'll be honest, at first I really thought they were implying the cat had Julia's spirit or something like that.  She wouldn't leave David's sweatshirt in the laundry basket - Kristen had to forcibly pull it away and the cat hated that.  And it seemed to be hissing a lot at Kristen and possibly Renee, too, like Julia the cat didn't like them (due to their relationships with David) in her right spirit mind or an off-kilter spirit mind.  I don't actually think she's the cat, but this show would go there.  I can't doubt that after the alien baby snuggles in the corn field.

I really hope they do better with the whole Grandma presence/impact on the show in s2.  Not just "ugh, you're ultimately a terrible person in seemingly every aspect" - if the show wants to do that, then at least execute it well and commit to the storyline consequences.  Andy is back with his icy dynamic with Sheryl well-established last episode, plus he followed through on his deal to not tell Kristen about Sheryl's nasty fuckbuddy (fuckdemon?) time in Kristen's office.  All of this information withholding seems like really convenient setup to support writing only one parent at home.  Like the parents can keep thinking it's okay for one of them go off separately in the world bc the other one at home has help from Sheryl, but neither of them really know how irresponsible Sheryl is and the danger she regularly places the kids in.  If Andy really knew the things that had happened under Sheryl's watch and how her fuckdemon is, well, a fuckdemon who giddily salivates over child rape, uh yeah, I don't think he would wave goodbye and return to the summit.  If Kristen really knew what had happened under Sheryl's watch and that she's still with the fuckdemon, uh yeah, she would need more help at home instead of relying on her mom.  (And yes, she can have paid help instead, but that makes Andy look like even more of a heel for being gone all the time living the dream.)

Figures the writers couldn't resist the tradeoff of minimal child screentime with maximum noise levels.  They need to have a Come to Jesus moment about the kids, too.  They can personally like the cacophony all they want, but most sane people who rely on viewers would not decide to play an incessant alarm clock or fingernails on chalkboard over and over.  They don't seem to realize that the girls' undisciplined screaming and yelling is arguably as annoying.

I am really hoping they address Andy's simmering "curiosity" about Ben by having them meet in person and Andy walks away from that encounter, shrugging and saying to himself, "huh, he really is magnificent."

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The cat was an orange tabby.  Not red.

The cat wasn't even the stereotypical black cat bad luck nonsense that causes a lot of black cats not to be adopted, and often causes black cats to be treated badly when they are roaming around by horrible people.  Especially during Halloween/Trick or Treat, when it is recommended that people keep their black cats in the house.  I think cats should be kept in the house all of the time anyway to keep them away from predators, and also stop them from killing wildlife.

Given the way Kristen tore the sweater away from the poor cat, I won't be shocked if she ruined the sweater in the process. That was her big asshole moment, she could have injured the poor cat's claws.   I won't be shocked if she did.

It is past Halloween, probably not that far away from Winter.  Putting that cat in her uninsulated, unheated, office is incredibly cruel.  I didn't see the bed in the office this week.

and

If that were true, they would have been naked.  I think it is far more likely that he has a foot fetish.

Besides, given the number of kids they have, I can't imagine them wanting to waste any of  his little swimmers.   I just hope that Kristen doesn't end up pregnant.  Four obnoxious kids are enough.

If only they were.  That orange tabby could have been from one of the most underrated television shows  in the history of television, Early Edition.

The writers shouldn't need the viewers input to realize that the noise level is a problem.  The sound person should have been able to tell them that.

This all comes back to their kids.  What did the kids tell their father about Ben?

I meant that they've been together for a long time, and some couples do that: my dad used to rub my mum's feet for her (she loved it), and it just shows me that they're really comfortable together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

I'll be honest, at first I really thought they were implying the cat had Julia's spirit or something like that.  She wouldn't leave David's sweatshirt in the laundry basket - Kristen had to forcibly pull it away and the cat hated that.  And it seemed to be hissing a lot at Kristen and possibly Renee, too, like Julia the cat didn't like them (due to their relationships with David) in her right spirit mind or an off-kilter spirit mind.  I don't actually think she's the cat, but this show would go there.  I can't doubt that after the alien baby snuggles in the corn field.

Ooh. I like this theory. Certainly sounds about as plausible as any of the other options discussed thus far :D. 

Also, "fuckdemon" is a great term. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/6/2019 at 5:36 AM, icemiser69 said:

If the church lawyer (Renee) had any respect for the church or David, she wouldn't have crossed that line by trying to seduce him.   She is selfish.

I really wonder if both of Renee's appearances in David's room, especially the second one, were real.  We know that he has hallucinations there, not always due to shrooms, and Renee seemed very not in character both times, that it makes me think that it wasn't Renee at all.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, rhys said:

How did Leland find out so fast about Sebastian?

It was an article on the internet.  Such a news article could have gone up soon after his body was found and next of kin were notified.  Also, we don't actually know how much time passed in this episode.  It could have been a couple of days or longer.  I don't think depositions happen overly quickly.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I really wonder if both of Renee's appearances in David's room, especially the second one, were real. 

I hope they weren't real because I was liking her character until she acted so unprofessional.  She really couldn't restrain herself until the legal stuff was over?  Sheesh.  Also, David should start locking his room.

I liked this one.  I thought both the deposition and the incel storylines were tense.   I laughed when Sebastian shot himself.  Asshole.  I mean, he had no qualms about shooting up the prayer group, only that he worried it wouldn't be mostly women.  So, bye!!

I noticed Leland's painting a couple of eps ago.  I wonder if we'll see David's father and his group again? 

8 hours ago, Anela said:

I meant that they've been together for a long time, and some couples do that

I agree, I thought it was a possibly post-coital scene (he was shirtless, she was in pjs I think but they'd never show her shirtless) but either way, I thought it was to show them being comfortable together.  I also liked him better without the beard.

I thought they were going with evil demon cat but who knows with this show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, raven said:

I agree, I thought it was a possibly post-coital scene (he was shirtless, she was in pjs I think but they'd never show her shirtless) but either way, I thought it was to show them being comfortable together.  I also liked him better without the beard.

But they did show Kristen shirtless.

I thought the church lawyer and Lemonhead (seriously, writers 🙄) were unprofessional when they were sniping at each other in the deposition.

BTW, I don’t usually prefer beards, but I do in Andy’s case! Grow it back!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 4
On 12/5/2019 at 9:29 PM, MrWhyt said:

Leland had one of David's dads paintings in his office.

I had noticed that there week before we were introduced to David's dad! 

I thought the whole cat thing was weird.  Here's what I noticed:  David gave Kristen his hoodie. When he dropped her off at home,  she tried to return it but he told her to keep it.  As she was lovingly watching David drive off,  wrapping the hoodie around her,  her husband appeared.  Once in the house,  he commented about the hoodie & tshirt. She took the hoodie off and put it in the bottom of the laundry basket,  piling other clothes on top, then pushed the laundry basket into the laundry room or whatever that was.  Fast forward to the middle of the night & weird noises.  They open that door and there's the cat,  on top of the laundry basket,  with the hoodie on top.  I think it's a demon cat. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

I'll be honest, at first I really thought they were implying the cat had Julia's spirit or something like that.  She wouldn't leave David's sweatshirt in the laundry basket - Kristen had to forcibly pull it away and the cat hated that.

I got the impression that Kristen was really spooked and this was why she reacted so violently. They showed her earlier frantically tucking David's shirt under all the other clothes to hide it at the bottom of the laundry basket but here suddenly she saw the cat had somehow pulled it up again to the top. It looked almost deliberate, like he was showing off her "secret" to her husband.

• Love 5

Wasn’t Sebastian just an insecure guy until Leland started ‘counseling’ him? I didn’t like that storyline much, but l felt like Sebastian was kind of an innocent until Leland started whispering in his ear. That’s what demons do, lead you into temptation. 

I like Andy, but I’m not really sure if he’s the real Andy yet. The fact that he just showed up without warning and that he agreed to keep his mother in laws secret, I don’t trust him, yet.

As for the cat, long before JK Rowling, cats have been associated with spirits, demons, and powers, so I'm pretty sure that’s no ordinary cat. 

I’m still waiting for this show to become the brilliant discourse on temptation and evil in the 21st century that it could be, but it has moments. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Me either. I also rewound  it, as someone  did up thread.

I also rewound it because I was multitasking and I was like "wait, what?" and had to rewind it to make sure what I thought I saw was accurate.  Most satisfying accidental shooting ever. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Me either. I also rewound  it, as someone  did up thread.

I love it how we all still use the original phrases.  "I dialed the number I saw on tv".  Do they stick with us through some kind of imprinting?

On 12/7/2019 at 8:38 AM, icemiser69 said:

The cat was an orange tabby.  Not red.

No such thing as an "orange tabby".  According to the Cat Fancy (different breeders organizations) that color you and others refer to as "orange" is RED.   Peach colors in cats are referred to as "dilute reds".   Our demon (or not) kitty is actually, in official cat lingo, a Red Tabby.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

No such thing as an "orange tabby".  According to the Cat Fancy (different breeders organizations) that color you and others refer to as "orange" is RED.   Peach colors in cats are referred to as "dilute reds".   Our demon (or not) kitty is actually, in official cat lingo, a Red Tabby.  

And while I get that they are trying to stick with the whole "red" motif, I've never known a ginger cat to be that aggressive.  Calicos, yes...but not gingers/red tabbies/whatever.  I also noticed when we first saw the cat, it gave "kitty eye kisses" to, I think, Andrew.  I honestly don't know if the writers thought about that, but there you go.  

I also wondered what the hold up was with calling animal control?  It seemed like the cat was in Kristen's office, where she spends a fair amount of time, for at least a day (again, it was hard to tell exactly how much time had passed in this episode).  I mean, if I had a strange cat in my house, no matter how aggressive or docile it was, I'd be calling someone as soon as possible in case it was someone's pet.  

• Love 5
On 12/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, Annber03 said:

Good riddance to that creep. Damn. That whole storyline freaked me the hell out. Way, WAY too real. 

Soooooooo, Renee. She seems intense, to say the least :p. For all the issues between her and Lemonhead (...yeah...), Lemonhead was right to be concerned about the relationship between them. Conflict of interest, and all that. For a moment when Renee was coming on to him, I thought maybe she was trying to test his resolve and commitment to his new life as a means of trying to prove to those suing that he really had turned over a new leaf. Clearly not the case, though. It'll be interesting to see how things play out with them going forward.

And speaking of David, guy's had quite a history! The thoughts that must've run through Kristen's mind as she heard all of that. In some ways, Ben looked a bit surprised by some of that information, too, but in other ways, it also kinda looked like he was aware on some level of some of it, at least? He seemed to keep looking at Kristen like he knew how tough it'd be for her to find out some of this. Thinking she and David will be chatting about that more at some point. 

As for other topics, first things first, I think Andy looks better with the beard. Since this show's season will wrap up well before spring arrives, I wonder if they'll end the season with her planning to take that trip, or if she'll change her mind/something'll happen with her and Andy before then. 

That cat's constant screeching kept startling one of my cats :p.

Cat lover has to wonder why the hell they didn’t take the cat to an animal shelter instead of keeping it in their garage all that time?!

On 12/6/2019 at 7:36 AM, icemiser69 said:

The kid had huge problems and needed help.  His sense of entitlement was his biggest problem.  The scary part was how easily he was manipulated into crossing that line by feeding into that entitlement.  I am not surprised that he shot himself.  He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I agree that Andy looks much better with a beard.   I don't know why he and Kristen were laying down at opposite ends of the bed.  It wasn't like they were having sex.  Though this series is in need of a sex scene between those two.

This series also needs to gag those kids.

At least Sheryl  (Kristen's mom) wasn't in this episode.

I don't like it when shows make cats some sort of possessed villain.   It is too cliche.

Kristen's office isn't insulated.  She must freeze her ass off in the middle of winter in New York.

Kristen isn't going to take that trip,  I don't know why the show even went there.  If she leaves the series is over.

Agree about the cats.  They are smarter than your average animal which scares some people so they in return are sometimes treated inhumanly. Let’s not perpetuate the stereotype in the media. 😡

On 12/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, Anela said:

I thought they were in Chicago, for some reason. 

I love cats, so I never see them as evil. People who believe in ghosts, think that animals can sense danger that the rest of us can't, or sense spirits. 

Did I hear the one exchange right? Kristen asking why it was so quiet, and her husband saying he'd told the girls they could keep the cat, if they shut up? I expected a lot of love for the dad in this thread tonight. 

My sister saw a psychiatrist, twenty years ago. The medication she was given, made her worse (she was really depressed, hardly leaving her room), so thanks to the internet, she was able to do her own research, and ask the doctor for a new medication. The doctor got angry with her, and dumped her as a patient, because my sister didn't trust her. Doctors make mistakes too.  

Thank you. Cats are not evil. Can they sense things we can’t? You bet!

• Love 5