Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Exorcism Part 2

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Every time that the cat screeched, my cat (who was sitting next to me/taking up half of my lap) would look around in confusion about the apparent intruder! So why is no one taking this cat to the shelter or something? I dont think the cat is a demon (even with its creepy death glares) but I do think it senses evil...

I so did NOT see that ending coming, its the most hilarious accidental shooting ever! What a legacy, both as a future mass shooter, and as a total and complete moron. It really is too bad that Leland got to Sebastian before a better influence could, but thats how it happens sometimes. Leland really should pick a higher class of demonic agents apparently, because this one wasnt the brightest flame in the firepit. And does he only use crazy Incels as his pool of future murders? Come on Leland, think bigger! Give the skinheads, ISIS fanboys, and disgruntled employees a shot! His temper tantrum was great to see, I love seeing that smug look off his face. 

Geez, why not just sell tickets to hear all about Davids troubled past, why dont you? I liked the church lawyer,the actress was really great and she and David had seriously sizzling chemistry! Still an issue considering he wants to be a priest...

Kristen's husband seems like a decent guy, and they sure seem to be hot for each other, but I am not totally sure about all of this though. I am just waiting for a reveal that her real husband died on the mountain, and this is a demon impersonating him or something, hence the cat freaking out and him trying to get Kristen to leave her job and go to the mountains. Of course, it could just be him being nice and trying to let Kristen have a turn having an adventure while he takes care of the kids, but I also found it a bit condescending towards Kristen's work, which she is clearly passionate about. I dont know if her work is the same as climbing, and its kind of presumptuous for him to assume he knows why she is doing what she is going and further assuming that its a problem to be fixed. 

So is grandma still hooking up with Leland on the downlow? I assume she is, and I would like to say that she would be upset to find out that her boyfriend was encouraging mass shootings and hatred, but we already established that she doesent consider him wanting to get a kid raped in prison as a deal breaker...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Every time that the cat screeched, my cat (who was sitting next to me/taking up half of my lap) would look around in confusion about the apparent intruder! So why is no one taking this cat to the shelter or something? I dont think the cat is a demon (even with its creepy death glares) but I do think it senses evil...

The only reason why I think the cat is possessed/a demon is that it just sort of appeared in their house.  Also, why aren't they concerned that a cat COULD just appear in their house?  If a strange cat appeared in our house, we be scouring the place, trying to figure out how it got in.  I suppose that it could have come in through the mystery hole in the basement that no one really cares about?  

Down that same rabbit hole, did they find the cat in a closet or on the top stair down to the basement?  I can't remember.  If it were a closet, I'd be extra suspicious about how the cat got there.  If it was the top stair, why would anyone leave a laundry basket right there unless they were trying to break someone's neck (or, I guess, hide their crush's hoodie from their spouse...)

Like @msrachelj, I'm a bit over the "cat being evil" trope.  I guess we should count our lucky stars that the cat isn't black because that would have been full on cliche?  

I'm going to take a wild guess that the writers aren't cat people.

• Love 4

I am also over the "cats are evil" trope as well, its very unfair to our furry friends! They are often associated with magic and historically were often linked to witchcraft (to the point that people would murder cats because they assumed they were evil!) and often still are in pop culture, mainly because they can often be rather solitary and take a second to warm up to people, but they can also be very sweet and loving! 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

they can often be rather solitary and take a second to warm up to people, but they can also be very sweet and loving! 

This. Ours are very cuddly and affectionate :D. And quite playful. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Driad said:

Has anyone explained the numbers in the episode titles?

No, but now that you mention it...

A quick scan of them all isn't clear on anything.  It might be that we need to wait for the season to finish to make sense of it.  But, thank you, now I'm going to be obsessed with it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

There were only three children on this episode.  I wonder if the fourth kid was turned into that cat?   Can the writers turn the other three kids into cats?  Pretty please?

No!!!!!!!, If they turned the other girls into cats it would be like those cats in the cartoons sitting on the office roof howling (in harmony) all night. You know the type of cats I am talking about, the ones in the alley with the shoes flying over their heads.

• LOL 4
On 12/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I love it how we all still use the original phrases.  "I dialed the number I saw on tv".  Do they stick with us through some kind of imprinting?

Now you have me wondering how else you would say it.  Sure there's nothing to actually rewind, but the picture goes backwards.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:16 AM, cardigirl said:

Wasn’t Sebastian just an insecure guy until Leland started ‘counseling’ him? I didn’t like that storyline much, but l felt like Sebastian was kind of an innocent until Leland started whispering in his ear. That’s what demons do, lead you into temptation. 

Sure, there was definitely obviously temptation.  But, he had to have been leaning that way to actually go along with it.  To even listen to it for more than one session without realizing that something was not quite right and running out. Or at least not returning.  

• Love 4
On 12/5/2019 at 11:29 PM, meatball77 said:

Leland's temper tantrum was great!  I always wonder who has to clean up after temper tantrums like that.  Does he have a secretary who would have to order him a new table?

If he had a secretary, it would probably be Lee from the movie Secretary.

• LOL 1
On 12/12/2019 at 3:40 PM, icemiser69 said:

There were only three children on this episode.

Only 3 girls came downstairs when they found the cat in the middle of the night. However in the earlier scene when Kristen had just returned home, all 4 girls clattered down with the musical instruments Andy had brought them and interrupted their discussion about Sheryl.

You can see the 4th girl's (I think that one is Lila?) hand and hair on the left here, behind the one with the braids.

evil 4 girls x.jpg

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
daughter identification
  • Love 2

I was doing a rewatch of the episodes so far, did anyone else notice that Sebastian was the same guy hacking and pranking the Broadway producer?  The team interviewed him and he admitted he was doing it. 

I wonder if the cat is Julia (the dead girlfriend) reincarnated and that's why it keeps giving Kristen dirty looks. 

The daughters were mentioned in an online article as one of the top scene stealers of 2019.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I wonder if the cat is Julia (the dead girlfriend) reincarnated and that's why it keeps giving Kristen dirty looks. 

Oh, there's an interesting theory. It also screeched when Renee stopped by to see Kristen, so...

I was doing a rewatch recently, too, and speaking of the cat, there was that episode with Brenda where she and the girls found that hole in the wall, and at one point they talked about how cats might hide out in there. And now this particular cat mysteriously shows up. Hm. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, teddysmom said:

How did the cat get into a closed closet? And why wouldn't you just take the cat to a shelter the next day? Are they feeding it? Cats don't screech like that unless they're facing another cat coming into their area, or if someone is hurting it.  

I think Renee was in the original production of Hamilton. 

So Grandma & Leland are over (fingers crossed)? At least the girls' scenes are being kept to a minimum. 

The whole thing with Renee admitting her crush on David was so ridiculous.  And when the Father Peter introduced them and they said each other's full names, I was like "so we're on a soap opera, now?" 

When I saw Renee, I start singing..."Angelica, Elisa,...and Peggy".

I'm just watching Season 1 now on Netflix.   Actually I'm surprised it's on there since it's a CBS show.   Thought they were keeping things in their own service.

As much as the screeching girls are annoying, I don't want to see any of them killed by a demon.

And I definitely had to rewind when the potential shooter shot himself.   I laughed out loud twice.

• Love 2

Oh my god show. First we have the girls screeching over each other all the time now a screeching cat. And cats don't screech like that just because, how stupid are these writers. Also, how did the cat get in the closed closet and what was that loud noise that woke everyone up? Yeah, we hear a loud noise which may or may not be a home invader so lets have our kids follow us around while we look for who's making the noise.

What the hell did Kristen do with her clothes she had on at David's fathers place? She was wearing a shirt, maybe 2 and a jacket but she gets out of the taxi with a new shirt and David's hoodie are we not supposed to notice that she had her own clothes?

Now we know why David is lusting after Kristen after knowing her for just a couple days/weeks, he's a drug and sex addict. Once an addict always an addict. You have to work hard everyday for your sobriety and we know he's not because he takes drugs to have visions. That's why Leland hangs around him because he knows it's only a matter of time.

I really don't want Kristen and David to hook up, I never wanted Scully and Mulder to hook up either and was disappointed when the show went there.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2019 at 12:47 AM, LittleIggy said:

I burst into laughter when the idiot incel blew his own head off, then rewound it, rewatched and laughed again. 😆

Why didn’t they just broadcast the depositions over the PA system? Ben and Kristen shouldn’t have been able to hear all of that. 🙄

Was the cat supposed to be reacting to evil or was it supposed to be demonic, appearing from nowhere? If the latter, I don’t like that.

I like Peter Scolari. Nice to see him again.

Bosom Buddies. . . now without Tom Hanks but with priestly collars!!

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 AM, icemiser69 said:

If the church lawyer (Renee) had any respect for the church or David, she wouldn't have crossed that line by trying to seduce him.   She is selfish.

The kid had huge problems and needed help.  His sense of entitlement was his biggest problem.  The scary part was how easily he was manipulated into crossing that line by feeding into that entitlement.  I am not surprised that he shot himself.  He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

If church lawyer had any respect for her own profession and its ethical standards, I agree, she would have behaved entirely differently.

I saw the kid as having a really unstable sense of self and thus highly malleable. No mistake that Leland chose someone so moldable and persuadable.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, rhys said:

Kristen won't go climbing. I don't think she could earn enough money doing that plus she has this new gig she likes. I think Andy just wanted to see if she would be up for it.

The offer didn't make sense as a real offer. As far as I can tell, Kristen hasn't been climbing regularly or training in the last few years (a decade or more if we go by the oldest girl's age)--she's been raising kids and working as a psychologist while her husband is off climbing. I'm sure it would take weeks if not months of intensive training to get back into shape for leading climbs. Also, Andy is apparently an experienced guide for Everest and probably other peaks, but was Kristen a guide or just a climber? Even if she was a guide a few years ago, I don't see a company hiring someone who has been away from it for years.

Maybe I missed something and she and Andy have been alternating climbing gigs while raising the girls, but it doesn't sound like it.

• Love 1