Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Baby Number Two, But Who?

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

Joe and Kendra visit Jinger and Jeremy in Texas, where they sample some creepy, crawly appetizers; Jessa seeks help from a speech pathologist as Henry struggles to learn new words; Joy and Austin have a surprise announcement for the family.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Jinger and Joe might be 13 months apart but they are strangers now. Jinger is more alive , has seen and experienced new things, and Joe married and had a son- without really growing.

Usually friends like that wind up getting dropped, as life goes on. Joe mentioned it took 2 years for a visit. But I think the same would have been true if they were in the same town - unless Jeremy needed a handyman.

For the record Kendra- red snapper is sold just about everywhere.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9

Wow, this episode was a snoozefest (not that that any episodes are exciting.)

I will say this. I was impressed with Jessa and Ben's' concern for little Henry. I don't recall hearing that his lack of communication was Jesus' choice or that praying on it will make it go away.  I am glad they were able to provide him some testing and hope they can stay on top of his delay.

Jeremy and the painting baby. Ugh. What did he think? That putting a baby in paint was not going to be messy? He is such a fuckwad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, sATL said:

Jinger and Joe might be 13 months apart but the are strangers now. Jinger is more alive , has seen and experienced new things, and Joe married and had a son- without really growing.

Usually friends like that wind up getting dropped, as life goes on. Joe mentioned it took 2 years for a visit. But I think them same would have been true if they were in the same town - unless Jeremy needed a handyman.

I know, for the love of God! 

You could really see the difference between Jinger and Joe. The whole dinner was an example of the gap between them. I give Kendra credit for being a good sport. 

• Love 16

I really liked the interesting and informative hints from JimBoob and Meechelle.  I definitely want to be a good parent, just like them.  Also, so glad someone finally eplained their music choices and it is "jumping for joy" not "jumping for Jesus".  For the longest time I thought music and dancing had something to do with S-E-X!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

OMG...haven't watched this show in over a year. Got caught in it last night.

OK, excuses out of the way....the highlights:

Mullet and JB are full-fledged back, now in 50 Shades of Grey. Puke. Barf. Whatever.

Anna shows up to collect her and Joshley's paycheck. Neat.

Jinger completely skirted around the question of her breeding schedule. That was so fun to watch.

Babe / BabeJr painting was 100% producer driven. He was actually laughing at the stupidity, which makes me think there's at least one brain cell there. Finished product was kind of cute, but way too big. That so got thrown out in the move.

The staged speech pathologist visit was cringe-worthy. Bin is a dope.

Aaaaand....Mullet! She so reads here......her dissertation about all the help that Josie got/is getting/will get......... hahahahaha

Another surprise???? What???? A pregnancy???? WOW. Worth it to see Mullet flip her lid though. The JKids really have the scoop on how to become teacher's pet.

No Jill & co ????  Would love to know why...bet there's a biggie secret that we don't know.....

WTF is all this about Joy and her pregnancy....most horrible to continue airing anything to do with it... but we all know that bodily fluid  events are JB's version of the Kardashians and sex.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, drafan said:

No Jill & co ????  Would love to know why...bet there's a biggie secret that we don't know.....

Derick picked a public fight with TLC on Twitter last year. He lost. The Dillards have been off the show ever since.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Jinger and Joe might be 13 months apart but the are strangers now. Jinger is more alive , has seen and experienced new things, and Joe married and had a son- without really growing.

Usually friends like that wind up getting dropped, as life goes on. Joe mentioned it took 2 years for a visit. But I think them same would have been true if they were in the same town - unless Jeremy needed a handyman.

Joe seems nice but very, very simple. Jinger is done with her whole dumb family. I assume she has a professional stylist now? She looks so much better than everyone else, and the flashbacks really illustrate how far she’s come from the bad perm and heavy eyeliner days.

I think they all knew they were eating grasshoppers. 

• Love 13

I don’t want to see Anna on any episode.  I feel bad for Anna. I just don’t think she should be on TV. She chooses to stay married to Josh. She chose to marry him.  I was ok with the show when Anna wasn’t on it. I’m ok with Jim Bob and Michelle being on the show.  Josh is profiting by Anna being on the show. 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Grits said:

I don’t want to see Anna on any episode.  I feel bad for Anna. I just don’t think she should be on TV. She chooses to stay married to Josh. She chose to marry him.  I was ok with the show when Anna wasn’t on it. I’m ok with Jim Bob and Michelle being on the show.  Josh is profiting by Anna being on the show. 

Anna, JB and Michelle should not be on the show. 

44 minutes ago, Maya said:

Joe seems nice but very, very simple. Jinger is done with her whole dumb family. I assume she has a professional stylist now? She looks so much better than everyone else, and the flashbacks really illustrate how far she’s come from the bad perm and heavy eyeliner days.

I think they all knew they were eating grasshoppers. 

I kind of felt she and Jeremy were inwardly laughing at Joe and Kendra thinking  "what hicks! We are so much more sophisticated then them"

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I won't watch if Michelle, JB and Anna are on.  And then there's the fact that the shows are the never ending hour.

• Love 5

As a school psychologist who has worked with SLPs and preschoolers, I'll admit that I was interested in the Jessa/Ben/Henry storyline. I even recognized the tool the SLP administered to Henry! I would have liked to have seen more discussion of expressive vs. receptive language beyond just saying that he was in the 6th percentile. Yes, he doesn't have a lot of words yet but is his understanding of language similar or is it higher? 

Given his chronological age of 24 months at the time of testing, and his communication development being at about 18 months, he would have a 25% delay. I wonder if he would have qualified for speech therapy through early intervention in AR? Some states require at least a 30% delay.

• Useful 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I kind of felt she and Jeremy were inwardly laughing at Joe and Kendra thinking  "what hicks! We are so much more sophisticated then them"

I think so, too.  JinJer were acting like, "ooh, we're big city people, and so cosmopolitan!  Let's make fun of JoKen!"  Way to treat your "oh, we were so close" brother and his wife.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did y'all catch the bling the speech pathologist was wearing? A triple cross necklace with YOU CAN'T MISS THEM crosses with matching cross earrings of equal size? The entire ensemble was beyond gaudy.

Somehow I missed them.  I thought Jessa said the speech pathologist was a friend or maybe I was dreaming that part when I dozed off.   We know they also have a friend connection when it comes to anything professional.  

The cow part of the episode as well as the Anna update was too much. I can't believe with all the Duggar builders in that family, the poor calf has to live in a renovated animal transport type trailer.  Mechelle didnt seem to have a clue about the cows when she was discussing them with whatever J-slave it was.  That was one awkward conversation and they seemed like strangers talking instead of  mother and daughter. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, drafan said:

Anna shows up to collect her and Joshley's paycheck. Neat.

what up with a newly pregnant woman , albeit not a first timer, carrying a baby calf , and walking with it? That's what 50-60 lbs of unnecessary lifting - when the place is full of men and the few women who are not pregnant ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

what up with a newly pregnant woman , albeit not a first timer, carrying a baby calf , and walking with it? That's what 50-60 lbs of unnecessary lifting - when the place is full of men and the few women who are not pregnant ?

I think she and several other girls were in sandals of some sort.  I would wear some type of boot to work in an area with livestock.   We have snarked in the past about their not raising their own food and seen them try to have gardens so now I guess they are into "farming"--that is, having chickens for eggs and cows for milk.  I wonder who is stuck with the milking?  I can eliminate all males and Michelle.  

I am not happy to see Michelle and JB. 

• Love 10

I am looking at TV By the Numbers. The episode didn't crack the Top 25 original cable shows amongst adults 18-49 last night. 

That has to be a first in a while, correct?

Edit: 986K viewers and 0.22 rating. 

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I am looking at TV By the Numbers. The episode didn't crack the Top 25 original cable shows amongst adults 18-49 last night. 

Where's @Absolom with confirmation? I don't know what source she uses.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I think  I remember some #18s or so lately.... but that could be a hallucination since I so much want them to drop....

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Under a million is a drop of about 150k from last week. LOL, even the leghumpers find them dull. 

• LOL 9
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Slacking away out here.  

986 K viewers and a .22 rating indeed.  The viewership is a definite drop as is the placement of 31st cable show of the day.  

Jim Bob could eat a baby, Josh could have a huge CP archive, and Medic Corps could loot the Bahamas - but THIS is what will sink the show. May they continue to drop!

• Love 13

maybe part of the explanation of the low ratings was the medley of oldie reruns TLC showed last night... I saw an episode of the Johnstons and Little People  Big World from ages ago. Plathville probably isn't helping either.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I got that vibe, too. At least JoKen tried the food, I gotta give them props for that.  That's more than I would do. I'm not eating anything until I know what it is, then I still may not eat it!. They were good sports about that. I can't help but like Kendra, she is so damn sweet I don't think it's phony, either. Her parents are so wierd, though, they give me the creeps. 

Jinge looks fantastic! I love the highlights in her hair, her makeup is perfect and natural and her hair is shiny and healthy. The longer she stays away from the clan the better looking she gets!

Regarding their move, how do newlyweds collect so much crap in such a short amount of time? Jinge came in to the marriage with nothing and Jer lived in that small apartment. They shouldn't have that much junk yet!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Regarding their move, how do newlyweds collect so much crap in such a short amount of time? Jinge came in to the marriage with nothing and Jer lived in that small apartment. They shouldn't have that much junk yet!

I was wondering the same thing how they accumulated all that stuff.  I'm sure most of it were wedding gifts from their loyal followers.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Easy. Wedding, baby registries and a healthy check from TLC.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I got that vibe, too. At least JoKen tried the food, I gotta give them props for that.  That's more than I would do. I'm not eating anything until I know what it is, then I still may not eat it!. They were good sports about that. I can't help but like Kendra, she is so damn sweet I don't think it's phony, either. Her parents are so wierd, though, they give me the creeps. 

Jinge looks fantastic! I love the highlights in her hair, her makeup is perfect and natural and her hair is shiny and healthy. The longer she stays away from the clan the better looking she gets!

What do you find “perfect” about her makeup? It just looks pretty basic to me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Under a million is a drop of about 150k from last week. LOL, even the leghumpers find them dull. 

150K people were busy trying to figure out current events rather than watch the show. 😂😂😂

That and Joy's pregnancy announcement is quite depressing knowing what we know now. 

• Love 7
On 11/20/2019 at 2:27 PM, Grits said:

Anna was heavily featured on the show the first season it aired as "Counting On."  IIRC, she disappeared right around the time Josh came back from treatment. And recent tweets by Derick, if true, substantiate rumors that the Duggar children and their spouses are not paid directly for participating in the show. Jim Bob is said to receive and manage the family's collective pay, I'm guessing by forming a business entiry of some sort and running everything througj there.  Finally, rumor is he can - and does - allocate the money however he chooses,  and I have no doubt he's been largely supporting Josh and fam ever since this all happened, whether the money is from the show or one of their other businesses. 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 6

I watched this one and between JB and Michelle giving advice and Anna and her kids running around in animal dung I think I'm done.

Been watching since the very beginning and probably would have continued with the girls but those three...that's a no!kids

Back before the Josh scandal I could listen to their tales of how to raise perfect kids!  Now I can't listen to their lies!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I found it interesting that Jessa was obviously very familiar with the speech pathologist. 

It looked like the Laredo party of 4 (6), might have left after the comped apps.  I wondered if Joe ever got his steak?

My son was first tested by a speech pathologist at 2 1/2 (he tested at an 18 months level).  No way would a professional have come out to my house like Jessa's did!  I paid a lot of money for private speech therapy until Child Find got him two years of free preschool with daily speech therapy.  I hope Jessa looks into this when Henry is three.

And yes, that speech therapist had on ugly jewelry, but Jessa had to let us know that only godly professionals were used.

I think they did order entrees at the Laredo restaurant.  I saw them carry out leftovers.  I hope Joe got a good steak!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 4

Jessa used the word cognitively.  Thumbs up.

Jeremy:  So, red snapper is a fish. (I think he lost all respect for the Duggars at that moment).  But, he's no great shakes in my mind. I think he's pretentious and thinks he's better than everyone.  Including his wife.

Michelle and JB sounded like fucking idiots last night.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Jeremy:  So, red snapper is a fish. (I think he lost all respect for the Duggars at that moment).  But, he's no great shakes in my mind. I think he's pretentious and thinks he's better than everyone.  Including his wife.

Michelle and JB sounded like fucking idiots last night.

How can someone not know red snapper is a fish??? I don't think he ever had respect for the Duggars. 

Michelle and JB are f-ing idiots. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What do you find “perfect” about her makeup? It just looks pretty basic to me.

It doesn't look like she just came off the set of a bad 80s movie and/or it wasn't put on with a trowel? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4