Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Steph J said:

He'll wake with amnesia, acquire a leather jacket, and get taken under Sonny's wing. Jason redux!

Or he’ll think he’s Eddie Maine for real

• LOL 12

Hopefully Ned forgets Olivia.  

Brooklyn called Sonny to the hospital? Of all people to call, Sonny who just attacked and threatened him last week? 

Why doesn't Dex just say he's going to not take the job, but will take the job because he wants it?  Michael as backup is a joke, what is he going to do to help. Michael is smart? Lol 

Drew wanted to play with Tracy. She played back. 

Pikeman must be the Mason people. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

As for Ned getting amnesia, if there's not already, there should be a law against 2 characters having amnesia at the same time.  I think he'll jus be in a coma for a few days while tracy neutralizes Drew by accusing him of attempted murder and Nina does whatever it is Nina's going to do.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, statsgirl said:

I would hope that there aren't cameras since it's a hotel. As a guest I would feel uncomfortable knowing that I was being spied on everywhere.

there are cameras everywhere in a hotel except for in the rooms.  And especially at the pool.  that's their biggest risk of liabilty.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I think he'll jus be in a coma for a few days while tracy neutralizes Drew by accusing him of attempted murder and Nina does whatever it is Nina's going to do.

Tracy's already admitted that she made up that Drew attacked Ned so it's a nothingburger and we're back to the clock when Nina will be crushed because she reported a crime (horrors!)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2023 at 1:11 PM, Katy M said:

As for Ned getting amnesia, if there's not already, there should be a law against 2 characters having amnesia at the same time.  I think he'll jus be in a coma for a few days while tracy neutralizes Drew by accusing him of attempted murder and Nina does whatever it is Nina's going to do.

there are cameras everywhere in a hotel except for in the rooms.  And especially at the pool.  that's their biggest risk of liabilty.

Maybe it would help the writing if all of the characters got amnesia.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

LOL at Drew's "But I saved Ned!" He fished him out of the pool, but it's not as if that was some daring deed.

Once again, Joss fails to see the irony of bossing Dex around while insisting he be able to make his own choices.

There's no way Ned would be suffering from hypoxemia after being in the pool for all of 30 seconds. And Drew started CPR almost immediately after hauling him out of the pool.

• Like 8

Didn’t Dex already say he wanted to work for Sonny the other day and Joss said she wouldn’t stand in his way because he’d only resent her? Yet she throws a temper tantrum when Michael and Carly say that want Dex to keep working for Sonny? Why is she whining Dex being forced to do something that he already wanted to do?  

Why are Olivia and BL being so rude with Tracy at the hospital? He’s her son and she’s just as worried as they are and honestly, she’s been treating him a lot better than either of those 2 have recently. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
42 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Why are Olivia and BL being so rude with Tracy at the hospital? He’s her son and she’s just as worried as they are and honestly, she’s been treating him a lot better than either of those 2 have recently. 

Because the writing sucks. 

• LOL 6
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Because the writing sucks. 

It's just a warmup until they're able to unleash on Nina.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 2

It's getting so there is really no rhyme or reason for why anyone is doing anything and storylines just very slowly meander into a totally different storylines without any resolution or dramatic pay off to the preceding plot. If I wanted to watch that, I could just observe my own love life. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 11

Well today was dumb.  First off, hey Drew, it sucks to be accused of something you didn't do, doesn't it?  Ned thought the same thing when you relentlessly, with zero proof, insisted he turned your sorry ass into the SEC.  Do fuck off with your "I saved his life" chest-puffing. 

Does Joss have some sort of short-term memory loss problem?  Because last episode she was fine with Dex working for Sonny and today she threw a tantrum about it. 

Brooklyn calling Sonny to the hospital to sit vigil for Ned--hello contrivance.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

Drew, if someone gives you the opportunity to change out of wet jeans -- take it!

Only because the show keeps telling Nina this will be the end of her and Sonny do I NOT think it will be. (I also noticed there was a GH convention this past weekend that featured Mo and Cynthia as a couple, so I feel like they've still got some legs.)

Wasn't it strongly implied at one time that Austin and Mason's aunt was the big kingpin they're so afraid of? Ava needs to find the savvy she once had and team up with Sonny to feed this person bad info.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Does Joss have some sort of short-term memory loss problem?  Because last episode she was fine with Dex working for Sonny and today she threw a tantrum about it. 

Yes, I don't understand this.  Did they forget what they wrote the day before?  Or is Joss supposed to be having severe mental disorder issues?  No one knows. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Being the new Jason usually means getting arrested a lot since you’re the one actually committing the crimes. Everything we’ve seen from Dex so far tells me that he would flip on Sonny the first chance he got if he was looking at serving time. But yeah, genius plan Carly has there to keep Sonny protected instead of you know, telling Sonny that Dex was trying to take him down. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, DanaK said:

There was a “In Loving Memory” picture of Jackie Zeman at the end of today’s episode

Still sad and missing JZ already. A trouper, seems like she worked right up until the end. 

This might have been mentioned over on Small Talk, but YT has a soap parody called "This Show Sucks." A lot of past and current GH actors over there, including Kin Shriner, Wally Kurth, Tony Geary, Ian Buchanan, Alicia Leigh Willis, Sonya Eddy and Jackie Zeman.  JZ appears around 4:45 of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWwR6pXi_g

Look at the pictures on her office wall, which include Kin, TG, and Vernee Watson. Guess those were some of her favorite co-stars.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Ava needs to find the savvy she once had and team up with Sonny to feed this person bad info.

This. I can't understand why Ava doesn't go to Sonny and say "Mason is threatening me to get me to pass him information on you. Can you handle it?"

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This. I can't understand why Ava doesn't go to Sonny and say "Mason is threatening me to get me to pass him information on you. Can you handle it?"

But she doesn’t know who Mason’s boss is so killing him will just result in someone else threatening her or the big boss killing her and/or Sonny

14 minutes ago, DanaK said:

But she doesn’t know who Mason’s boss is so killing him will just result in someone else threatening her

Sonny is an old hand at surviving when other mob bosses go after him. He doesn't need to kill Mason, they could plant fake information to find out who is going after Sonny and then take out the head of the snake.

It's absurd that Ava Jerome, mob princess, is folding so easily.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Brooklyn calling Sonny to the hospital to sit vigil for Ned--hello contrivance.

They needed Nina there so that Chase could stare daggers at her for not coming forward about witnessing the pool accident.  It's her hotel, but she has no idea about surveillance cameras being there.

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Yes, Ava could go to Sonny but he would want to know why she is being blackmailed. Then the whole hitting Nick over the head and stuffing him in a closet thing comes up. 

Meh, Sonny wasn’t a Nick fan, he’d simply chide Ava for not coming to him right away and then help her bring down Mason and the big bad.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Ava needs to find the savvy she once had and team up with Sonny to feed this person bad info.

Brick is still working on the Pikeman stuff, and I don't have much confidence he could find out who the Big Boss is with Mason. 

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's absurd that Ava Jerome, mob princess, is folding so easily.

Seriously. Ava should give Austin an ultimatum: Tell her who the Big Bad is or she won't cooperate; in fact, she'll tell Sonny what's going on and let the chips fall where they may.

It's so plot pointy and stupid, and has been going on for way too long.

• Like 10

I do like those floating glow balls. 

Our neighbor across the alley is putting in a pool.  They started last August.  I can't get into or out of my driveway because there's always something parked in the alley.

• Hugs 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

We got a repeat episode with Harmony and Nik.  It was weird to see them back.  

I got confused and thought Ava was having some kind of a dream, then checked on ABC. 

Anyway, watching a Schitt's Creek repeat on CBC. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

We got a repeat episode with Harmony and Nik.  It was weird to see them back.  

I got ABC News coverage from 2pm ET on and they’re still talking

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Funny you should ask that. I saw this photo on Twitter:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ff8b50ed6f06c7e622b715b1731f005.jpeg

Whenever I see these, it is amazing how small they look.  When they have it on camera, it makes the area seem larger than that.  

• Like 5

I recall a few weeks ago when Spencer and Trina were in the pool. It appeared as though Spencer was sitting on a low stool and for sure, Trina was on her knees. What a hoot!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 6/8/2023 at 5:07 AM, ljr said:

Why isnt joss worried about school? Why isnt she playing volleyball? She just talks about sonny and sleeps with dex.

The writers have really moved Joss to a one (well, 1A and 1B) note character: primarily trying to make supercouple happen and secondarily with the Sonny hate.  But I do expect she’ll start the Kiki accelerated medical school program any day now.  I’d read elsewhere that EM isn’t playing volleyball at USC now (talk about already having a lot on your plate as a 20-year-old!) so likely that’s why it’s not mentioned so frequently any longer.

We’re back to being perpetually a couple of shows behind and fast forwarding pretty liberally.  With all the slow pacing (Willow, Cuz) on the show, the whole Anna storyline came out of nowhere and accelerated suddenly.  It’s a rare case on GH of fast pacing causing me to lose interest, because I figure it’s an “oh crap, we forgot to write around Finola’s vacation” thing.

Was CM always so gesture-y/jerky?  The last couple of days, he’s looked manic with his hands and arms.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Today missed Tracy so muchShe needed to be the one at the hospital, and BLQ with Leo. then Tracy could have been the one chewing out Carly. (also I was kind of defending Carly, because she really was there supporting Olivia and two seconds later she's at Drew saying 'I really want him to be better because if he doens't wake up we can go to jail." one step forward 10 back.

HATE Trina not being Taggert's daughter. 

• Like 10

Réal Andrews did some fantastic work today. It was also the best work I’ve seen Tanisha Harper do on the show - kudos! They should have more scenes together.

Shallow comment: I really liked Carly’s outfit and earrings.

Now that I got the nice things out of the way, Lisa LoCicero was horrible as hysterical Olivia and her claiming she believed Ned when he swore he wasn’t the leak, was beyond grating.

I cannot stand Olivia, I think I now hate the character more than Carly. 

Sasha’s psychiatrist being a gambler who knows Gladys does not bode well for her. 😞 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6