Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

While I mostly love Spencer and think NAC is the strongest actor among the younger set, he irks me on days like today. 

Even if a judge determines that Esme and Nikolas are unfit parents, what judge in their right mind would give custody to Spencer? He’s 20, single, living with his mob boss uncle, recently out of prison, and unemployed with his only means of financial support a trust fund that is currently controlled by Ava but Nikolas will likely snatch back and cut him off if he fights him for custody. 

What makes him think he can be any better of a father in his current state than Nikolas was to him? If he’s truly concerned about this baby and is not just seeking revenge, he would be encouraging one of Nikolas’ other relatives to seek custody. He has plenty who have or already raised children, have good jobs, and are financially well off and educated.

I do think Michael getting custody of Avery was ridiculous but he had a lot more negative things to bring up about Sonny, had a job, and none of Avery’s other relatives were that qualified. Kiki and Morgan were dumbasses, Julian was in the mob as well, pretty Ava was still “dead”. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I thought the moment of Sonny supporting Michael was good. 

Also his responses to Carly and Drewfus.

Is Nik's next plan to try to hypnotize Esme to not remember like what Liz's mom did to her? (it seemed random that they brought that back up now)

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Well that was a disappointing episode. Drew barely last one episode, or 2 hours in GH time, before he was once again telling Carly how great she is. When Carly said "If it gets Willow more time, it was worth it (i.e. coming clean that Nina is Willow's mother)", the correct answer was not to agree with her but to say that she had no right to keep it a secret and deprive Nina and Willow of a relationship.

Of course Michael is going to get mad at Sonny for fighting and not his mother who kept the secret for 8 months. I hate that I have to rely on Sonny to call Carly out.

Willow is totally BSC, both wrt to Nina and to Michael's family. She shouldn't have custody of a plant.

Diane's arguments against Spencer getting custody is that the biological parents usually get it and only in passing how it might affect the case that Spencer's concern is anger at his father rather than really being about the baby.

Interesting to see AP play Esme as a pleasant person rather than a conniving one.

29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

In all honesty, other than being nosy and making the occasional mean comment, Nina hasn't really done anything that bad to Willow. Willow's reaction to her is so OTT. I love how Nina wanting to see Wiley is "destroying" Willow's family. Haha! Ok! 🙄

Totally nuts. How can these people who say they love her not have her in treatment?

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

All about babies:

Spencer/Diane: seeking custody of his unborn sibling ( I appreciate that he called Diane Ms Miller until invited to do otherwise. I HATE that Cam's friends call his mom Elizabeth 

Curtis: having babies ( and the Trina paternity secret)

Willow/Nina: long lost baby, now pregnant, great work from CW and I can't believe I'm saying this, but CD was okay today. The tiny head shake he gave Nina to warn her off totally unloading the story of how she learned Willow was hers... The fact that he wasn't shouty with Carly/Sonny... He toned himself down, when typically he uses volume to indicate he's feeling emotion. 

Nic/ Liz: did not actually talk about babies, but obv they're up to their necks in the Esme trouble so they're baby-adjacent. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Lol why was Dante the only one outside of Nina that offered to get tested? Are they just automatically assuming Nina will be a match so they won’t bother? Parents being a match for their children is pretty rare and they done this SL a ton of times in the past where the parent wasn’t a match. Heck, why didn’t Michael get tested once they found out she needed one since he’s known for longer? What a terrible storyline from start to finish.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
59 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Nina hasn't really done anything that bad to Willow.

I love Nina, and I will ALWAYS be Team Nina against Team Carly et all, but Nina did invent the TJ/Willow affair when all she saw was two people hugging one time.  

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

what judge in their right mind would give custody to Spencer? He’s 20, single, living with his mob boss uncle, recently out of prison, and unemployed with his only means of financial support a trust fund that is currently controlled by Ava

Right.  Diane started the convo saying if anyone would be given custody it would be Laura, and she should have come back around to that.  She only briefly mentioned that Spencer spent time in prison not once but twice, but didn't remind him that he has no job and no housing to bring a child to.  

38 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Is Nik's next plan to try to hypnotize Esme to not remember like what Liz's mom did to her?

Yep. That lightbulb went off over Nik's head as soon as Liz said, "boy I wish there was a way that Esme couldn't ever remember"

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Interesting to see AP play Esme as a pleasant person rather than a conniving one.

I loved when Dante handed her his card and she was all, 'yeah I'm not giving you ammo to take me down because of the person that I was'  Girl might have amnesia but she ain't stupid.  

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

why didn’t Michael get tested once they found out she needed one

I'm pretty sure Michael got tested as soon as he found out, in offscreen land.  I would guess that everyone who was at the hospital today, Drew, Carly have likely been tested, which is how Drew knew where the lab was to take Dante there.  

• Like 5

Willow is demented.  That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't her only personality trait (other than simpering, that is).  What a waste of a character.

And speaking of a waste of a character:  Drew.  Sonny's disgusted reaction to him and Carly was surprisingly good.  I also appreciated CD dialing Michael way down.  CW was great.

Nicholas Chavez and Avery Pohl continue to impress, even if they are stuck in a baby storyline.  Marcus Coloma was also very good today, especially at the end.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I like the way it ended, and I'm hoping beyond hope that Nina does not push and just leaves Willow alone after this. My dream story is Nina donates, offers to be there for Willow if Willow ever wants to have a relationship, and then lives her best life. I don't want to see any begging or pushing herself on Willow. Let Nina live her life and continue to have that mother-daughter bond w/Sasha. Willow can see that Nina is indeed leaving her alone and be jealous of Nina's relationship w/Sasha. Have Willow come to Nina, not the o

I like this idea a lot. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
Just now, perkie1968 said:

I love Nina, and I will ALWAYS be Team Nina against Team Carly et all, but Nina did invent the TJ/Willow affair when all she saw was two people hugging one time.  

I hear you AND if that had led to some real drama btw her and Michael, I would agree w/you, but it ended up meaning nothing. LOL! Michael was suspicious for two seconds and then it was over. I'm not even sure what the point of that mini-arc was b/c it literally meant nothing. 

Nina is a busybody, and she can make a cutting remark. Ok. That's not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Willow acts like Nina is worse than Harmony who sold her into sexual slavery. Make it make sense. LOL! 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I wasn’t up to finishing the episode today after Willow told Nina she would never get to tell stories to her grandkids (who’s going to stop her if you die, Pumpernickel?) and Spencer wanting to play daddy.

Oh crap, bet he’s going to make believe he’s the dad and this Esmé version will go along with it. Yuck.

Spencer has his moments, but him and Willow are both whiny, selfish children at their core.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 1/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, sunnyface said:

Way to go writers. That sure is some accomplishment in making a character that  was sexually abused throughout her childhood, suffered the loss of a baby (resulting from that abuse), and currently lying in a hospital bed with stage-IV cancer  - unrootable.

So true.  On paper Willow should be one of the most sympathetic characters ever, but like you, I feel nothing.

Carly is a monster.  Just like Nina said.  She had the nerve to say Nina was guilt tripping HER?!  And she’s still defending what she did.  What a massive bitch she is (and I hate that word).

I’m not interested in the Esme story at all anymore.  I can see why Spencer wants the baby away from Nikolas but I just don’t care.  I didn’t like the shade Laura was giving Esme either.  I hate when she gets that air of superiority about her.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

I should assume everyone at the hospital got tested, if they weren't so dumb. As it stands Dante is the only one with the useful reaction of "im gonna go get tested. " Where's Joss, wanna be doctor? She didn't go back to the hospital with Dante, did she leave without getting tested then went home for a good nights sleep after the pcpd? 

Tagger comes back to town because of a picture of Trina and Spencer and not because of the hook maybe targeting her life? Please. 

It's a dark day when I'm on the side of Sonny calling someone out but I'll take what I can get in this situation against Carly.

Willow doesn't deserve to live if she'd even consider turning down the marrow. Harmony trafficked her, but, sure, Nina is the worst possible mother. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Nina is a busybody, and she can make a cutting remark. Ok. That's not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Willow acts like Nina is worse than Harmony who sold her into sexual slavery. Make it make sense. LOL! 

This!  Like, what has Nina actually done to Willow except be a nuisance??  Willow saying Nina tried to destroy her family and tormented her.  This is coming from a woman who has been legit tormented and abused by a cult member.   Everything Nina has pulled shouldn’t even register with Willow after what she’s been through.  And Carly get real with the whole “I did this for Willow” bullshit.  Not everyone is as big of an idiot as Drew.  It’s clear she kept this secret out of pettiness and if anyone believes otherwise they are just as much of an asshole as she is.  Ugh. I’m infuriated by this!

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

lala2, you made a ton of excellent points in your post. I agree that it was CW that choked me up. Nina has her problems but Willow has been seriously damaged by Harmony. They should be realizing how betrayed thry have both been and how that has led to this moment . I'm trying to give Willow a break but she makes it so hard. 
Drew shut up. Carly is a selfish bitch. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
19 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Willow saying Nina tried to destroy her family and tormented her.  This is coming from a woman who has been legit tormented and abused by a cult member.   Everything Nina has pulled shouldn’t even register with Willow after what she’s been through.

Willow has exchanged one cult for another. And this one is supported by most of the characters on the show.

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I felt nothing for Nina because any interest I had in her finding her daughter ended around the time that she found out that Sasha wasn't her child.

I was all set for Willow and Nina being mother and daughter story but then they went with the whole Nelle and the stupid Orphan Annie necklace whereby Nina started thinking Nelle was completely misunderstood mother and not a crazed murderer who was happy to fall down the Q staircase while heavily pregnant if it meant sending Carly to prison.

Nina has treated Willow like trash and has insulted her constantly because she resented Willow for taking Nelle's place as Wylie's mother and refused to jump at Nina's demands to have access to Wylie. Just earlier this day, Nina told Michael that Willow and he were selfish and shouldn't have this child if it put Willow's life at risk whereby Wylie would lose his only mother that he knows. 

I don't care if Nina gets to bond with Willow and Willow's children. Willow has the right to keep Nina out of her life or let her in. I just doesn't matter to me.

However now that Nina has finally gotten her own biological child, will she feel the most purest love in the world for her or again does that honor still belong to Sonny. 

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm not even sure what the point of that mini-arc was b/c it literally meant nothing. 

To make Nina even more of a terrible person. They had to stack the deck against her as much as possible so Willow's OTT reactions to her has some merit. Not!

Willow is pathetic, but I like that she insisted on knowing how everyone found out Nina was her mother. Then she ruins it all by listing Nina's supposed "crimes" and asks Nina what she wants in exchange for her marrow. Ugh. 

I had to laugh that Carly was so upset at Michael not being able to look her in the eye. What did she expect, that he'd do cartwheels down the hall that she kept the lie for so long?

I wish Diane had said "Ew"—or at least made a face—when she found out Nik was the father of Esmé's baby. Heh.

Now Nik pulls his head out of his add and asks Elizabeth about her time losses. Way to be a friend, Cassadine.

Oh, god, more stricken looks from Portia when Curtis mentions having a kid of their own. Can we please end this story once and for all? It's boring and dumb.

I hope Drewfus was being calm at the hospital because it wasn't the place to yell at Carly, but I'm sure that hope is entirely misplaced.

• Like 8
54 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Willow is demented.  That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't her only personality trait (other than simpering, that is).  What a waste of a character.

And speaking of a waste of a character:  Drew.  Sonny's disgusted reaction to him and Carly was surprisingly good.  I also appreciated CD dialing Michael way down.  CW was great.

Nicholas Chavez and Avery Pohl continue to impress, even if they are stuck in a baby storyline.  Marcus Coloma was also very good today, especially at the end.

I like this idea a lot. 

I can't believe Drew is already back to kissing Carly's ass.  No normal person would stay in a relationship after what Carly did.  The lies she told to him are out of bounds.  How ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow has exchanged one cult for another. And this one is supported by most of the characters on the show.

So true. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Sonny speaking God's truth to Carly today. She is as unrepentant as they come. Oh, if it bought Willow sometime, so I'm okay with telling the truth. It's an absolute wonder she doesn't drop dead from her own poison. Take a seat, Carly! And I hope your golden child gives you a really hard time and treats you the way he's treated Sonny for what you've done.

Willow of course brings up Nina's gravest sin, lying about Sonny being alive. She lied, but there's a grown ass man who made his own choices. She didn't tie him to a bed. He didn't know about his past because he thought there was something dark in his past. Which there was and there is.

The Willow/Nina scenes, I felt more sorry for Nina than I did Willow. And her whole retort about not putting words in her mouth when Nina said that Willow hates her. Please, where is the lie in this? Even Michael said Willow hates Nina like 2 minutes later. Is he also putting words in her mouth?

All in all, this entire family dynamic from A to Z is beyond toxic.

And Drew, never fails to disappoint. Like ever! Effin' boy scout. What a disappointing character he is and will be. When he put his hand on Michael's arm and started pontificating, I thought that BM would have played that scene completely differently. He really deserves what he gets. 

I'm willing to have Jason come back to watch Carly drop Drew like yesterday's trash. This is how much I loathe Drew. They should never have resurrected the character.

So if Esme has to go to some prison, what are the odds they'll send her to Spring Ridge where she would be reunited with her sociopath parents?

I cringe every time Curtis talks about having children with Portia. First, she's no spring chicken. Second it seems like it's not even about him being a father, but about someone carrying on the Ashford name, which is a shit reason to have a child to begin with. We also don't live in the Middle Ages. 

And I cringe every time Portia giggles at him when he talks about having children, like her lying ass isn't holding on a life-changing secret.

There is absolutely nothing rootable about Curtis and Portia. The only thing they have going for them is that they look pretty together. The rest is a pile of steaming dung.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7

Uh, why would the mayor be involved in any decision on whether or not to lay charges against Esme? Isn't that entirely a decision by the police or DA?

I was kind of hoping they'd go with Nina (and everyone else) not telling Willow Nina was her bio mother, but being a match and donating anonymously.

• Like 8
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope Michael treats Carly the way Willow treats Nina.

I need to see Michael treat Carly the way he has been treating Sonny! I want those Sonny levels of rage toward Carly.

Michael needs to disown her for once! He needs to scream, rage, and rant at her! Tell her she can't see her grandchildren.

That's what I hope (and need) to see! It seems that will be the only way Carly will show any remorse for her actions. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 7
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Lol why was Dante the only one outside of Nina that offered to get tested? Are they just automatically assuming Nina will be a match so they won’t bother? Parents being a match for their children is pretty rare and they done this SL a ton of times in the past where the parent wasn’t a match. Heck, why didn’t Michael get tested once they found out she needed one since he’s known for longer? What a terrible storyline from start to finish.

If I'm not mistaken (but I could be LOL) when Drew first agreed to track down Willow's birth mother...he was at the gatehouse with Willow and Michael and they had a conversation about Michael's family being tested. And I could swear Michael had made a comment about the members already having their samples done for another reason. Joss possibly with her kidney years ago. I'm assuming that would have included Carly, Joss, Sonny, Kristina, all the Q's and I would have thought Dante too. But again, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

Carly is as smug, obnoxious, and insufferable as ever, and I wouldn't think they would want to go for that right now. 

The audience: Surely, Carly can't get any worse than she already has.

The writers: Hold my beer.

Yeah, Carly being an asshole today, in light of her massive lie being exposed, truly is the cherry on top of the shit sundae they've made of this character.  Her line about Nina "guilting" her?  She's lucky Nina didn't haul off and punch her in the face. 

And, Drew, useless and spineless as ever with the undefensible defense of her.  Honestly, when Sonny is the only one seeing things for what they are and calling people out?  Really goes to show how delusional people are towards Carly.  I can only hope Michael can at least be pissed at her and not hand-wave it away as everyone else no doubt will (can't wait for Olivia's "honey, you did what you thought was best--NO ONE can fault you for that" speech).

Then there was Willow.  She truly was insufferable today.  No one was saying she had to welcome Nina being her mother with open arms, but being such an awful shrew, almost blaming Nina for having the nerve to have birthed her?  She really needs therapy.

Spencer/Diane: I usually have zero use for Diane (see: just last week), but she was honest with Spencer today and that was appreciated.  Both CH and NAC were very good in those scenes.

No words for the stupidity of the Curtis/Portia/Taggart scenes, none of whom seem to recognize Trina not still being in middle school.  And again with the "let's have babies!" talk, followed by Portia's angsty "I've got a secret" look over Curtis's shoulder.  Ugh, enough already!

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think LW misfired on her acting choices today. Carly’s smugness was off the charts and she didn’t appear the least bit remorseful 

Right?!?! That threw me too. I hate Carly, but LW is a good actress. And I just think her character should be feeling very guilty right now and I didn't get that from her at all. She seemed annoyed w/Sonny and smug w/Nina, esp. at the end of yesterday's episode. That look on her face made no sense.  

It's definitely not gonna be a top story for me if she only feels shame when confronted by Michael and Willow. She should feel some when seeing Nina. I just don't know what she was going for. It didn't work for me. 

• Like 14
44 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No words for the stupidity of the Curtis/Portia/Taggart scenes, none of whom seem to recognize Trina not still being in middle school.  And again with the "let's have babies!" talk, followed by Portia's angsty "I've got a secret" look over Curtis's shoulder.  Ugh, enough already!

But it's such a gripping storyline that's been dragging since Trina showed up on screen. You don't want more of this? I mean c'mon! It's riveting television. 

• LOL 10

Think of poor Curtis, wanting his fortysomething department head fiance to have his baby so that the Ashford name can carry on. 😭 (I guess TJ doesn't count.)

Sperm is suspect at his age but I certainly hope he's willing to be the primary caretaker for it. And finds some viable eggs as well as a surrogate.

• LOL 4

When Willow asked Nina what she wanted in return for donating her bone marrow, she should have suggested a truce instead of saying she wanted nothing. Cynthia did a nice job with Nina looking stricken when she was asked that question

• Like 12
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Is Nik's next plan to try to hypnotize Esme to not remember like what Liz's mom did to her? (it seemed random that they brought that back up now)

Liz’s buried memory storyline was so bad from start to finish (we never truly got an explanation of why Liz was destroying paintings and haunting herself because of those memories) but if the point of it was to end up using hypnosis on Esme that takes it to a newly gross level. I know Liz has history of making bad decisions and then compounding those bad decisions with the cover up but ugh. 

I buy that Spencer’s heart is in the right place and he truly believes Nikolas would be toxic to a child. But he’s entitled and spoiled and that’s why he assumes he could get custody without thinking through whether he should. I don’t mind that they’re not stripping him completely of what’s really an innate Cassadine characteristic.

Still can’t tell which of these babies will be a tok and then stolen. Actually wonder if all the custody talks around Esme’s baby are so that Nina/Carly start to convince themselves there’s no one suitable to raise that baby so it’s not so bad if they steal it and give it a good loving home with Michael and Willow. I could even see them doing this together in some really messed up truce. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, racked said:

Liz’s buried memory storyline was so bad from start to finish (we never truly got an explanation of why Liz was destroying paintings and haunting herself because of those memories) but if the point of it was to end up using hypnosis on Esme that takes it to a newly gross level.

And how is it going to happen exactly. Is Liz going to go to her mom and say "you know that really terrible thing you did to me...wellll I kind of need a favor from you and you owe me from that terrible thing you did to me" 

Or are Liz and Nik going to google "how to hypnotise to block memories"

pretty bad all around, but I can't wait to see Esme outsmart all these dummies

• Like 5

Carly really has no remorse it guilt. She needs to be slapped.  Sonny was right to call her out and Drew's a chump.

Nina needs to let Willow die. If Willow wants nothing from her or to do with her that should include her bone marrow. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

When Nina first arrived on GH but now I think she's gotten a lot better in the role than MS could not do.  MS is a note-note actress, we've seen a lot of positive changes n her character than MS could ever do.

Yes. Recasts always divide opinion, but I immediately became more interested in Nina and her stories when Watros took over the role. I actually buy Watros as someone who could successfully run a business, and as someone with a history of mental illness who is holding it together better now. Stafford was one note, and somehow the note still sounded off-key.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, racked said:

Still can’t tell which of these babies will be a tok and then stolen. Actually wonder if all the custody talks around Esme’s baby are so that Nina/Carly start to convince themselves there’s no one suitable to raise that baby so it’s not so bad if they steal it and give it a good loving home with Michael and Willow. I could even see them doing this together in some really messed up truce. 

In a perfect world, we'd see Nik leave town after kidnapping both babies. Then Drew could go offscreen, maybe with PI Sam, to hunt for them. For many years.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

I like the way it ended, and I'm hoping beyond hope that Nina does not push and just leaves Willow alone after this. My dream story is Nina donates, offers to be there for Willow if Willow ever wants to have a relationship, and then lives her best life. I don't want to see any begging or pushing herself on Willow. Let Nina live her life and continue to have that mother-daughter bond w/Sasha. Willow can see that Nina is indeed leaving her alone and be jealous of Nina's relationship w/Sasha. Have Willow come to Nina, not the other way around.  

But how is any of that supposed to make Carly look good?

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Of course Michael is going to get mad at Sonny for fighting and not his mother who kept the secret for 8 months. I hate that I have to rely on Sonny to call Carly out.

8 months? Why... that's nearly 9 months, which, as we all know, is the threshold for determining whether someone is irredeemably evil.

6 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

When Nina first arrived on GH but now I think she's gotten a lot better in the role than MS could not do.  MS is a note-note actress, we've seen a lot of positive changes n her character than MS could ever do.

Stafford's Nina and Watross' Nina are like two completely different characters. Stafford is so unlikeable I think I might actually be on Carly's side if she was still in the role.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

People are disturbed by Curtis's eagerness to have a child with Portia, mostly because of her age. The real reason to be disturbed is the baby-storyline glut this would lead to, but I just wanted to say her age wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle. I am very closely related to someone who had her first and only baby-- quite some time ago, in mid-20th century-- at the age of 45. Without trying. It was an accident. I can't exactly recommend this course of action to Portia, since the pregnancy was not without danger (she had to have a C-section) and it did ruin her career; I would hope being fired for pregnancy would not be a factor in this day and age. But I think she liked the result otherwise, and Portia might.

I don't care very much about the storyline, though I do care about Trina and Spencer's friendship developing as they want it, but what tiny modicum of caring I have about the Big Secret is that I don't want Taggart to be saddened by being deprived of Trina as his daughter. Phooey on that, I say.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

This site really needs a blech emoji.

Just click on the editor tool bar where you get all the emojis and you have your choice of them--🤢🤮

So I see, so far, I think? I was right? Did Willow tell Nina she wouldn't accept the bone marrow transplant if it turned out Nina would be a match? That she would rather DIE? Or did she grudgingly accept it, but with the caveat, Nina is still persona non grata and will still be forbidden from seeing Wiley and now, this new baby if it survives?

As for Drew--he was already forgetting his anger by the time they got to the hospital; so no surprise that he's back to kissing the SheBeast's ass.

Oh how I long for the days when she was treated as the piece of trash she is.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I see, so far, I think? I was right? Did Willow tell Nina she wouldn't accept the bone marrow transplant if it turned out Nina would be a match? That she would rather DIE? Or did she grudgingly accept it,

I mean, neither, as they don't know that Nina is a match yet.  She did challenge Nina with what she expected in return and Nina was taken aback by it and told her nothing.  

Basically, Willow was an asshole and came off really bad.  CW kicked ass in the scenes.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 5
  • Love 7

No matter who you side with on the Willow/Nina story, I'm just glad it's finally moving along with the reveal that Nina is Willow's mother. I think both sides have not been at their best with this feud, but at least it's soapy

• Like 2

Willow moaned to Michael, "Why couldn't it be anyone else?" Even if that was a rhetorical flight of fancy, it was so over the top. She could have learned her biological mother was a child molester or a multiple murderer or the founder of a new Dawn of Day-like cult. She could have learned that her biological mother (and possible live-saving donor) was a heartless bitch who didn't care at all if she died.

I actually did think both actresses rose to the occasion at the end of their scene, when Nina said, paraphrasing, nothing's going to stop me from helping you, not even you. I thought KMac showed something under the surface that worked, and Watros was great in the whole scene. But then Millow were back onscreen together and I was back to disliking Willow.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Willow moaned to Michael, "Why couldn't it be anyone else?" Even if that was a rhetorical flight of fancy, it was so over the top.

It's so ridiculous that Nina is still be treated as the evulest evul who ever evuled. Compared to Harmony making Willow a sex slave, Nina has been a dream. Yet somehow whatever Nina has done is unforgivable. Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

e every time Curtis talks about having children with Portia. First, she's no spring chicken. Second it seems like it's not even about him being a father, but about someone carrying on the Ashford name, which is a shit reason to have a child to begin with. We also don't live in the Middle Ages. 

Doesn't TJ have the Ashford name? And while I'm thinking of it, why isn't Trina's last name Taggart? Trina Taggert is much cuter than Trina Robinson. I missed a number of years, so forgive my ignorance...

5 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Doesn't TJ have the Ashford name? And while I'm thinking of it, why isn't Trina's last name Taggart? Trina Taggert is much cuter than Trina Robinson. I missed a number of years, so forgive my ignorance...

TJ  has the Ashford name and that should be enough despite Shawn being the biological father.

Since Trina has been friends with Joss since they were younger, everyone would have known that she was Taggert’s daughter if she also had his last name and when they first introduced Trina, there definitely was no plan to make her Taggert’s child. Curtis’ definitely but not Taggert.

UGH. Willow is the absolute WORST.

From where I sit, I don't see any shredding of her or the SLS's reputations.

What tearing family apart? Those three are still glommed together.

STFU, Willow.

Such revisionist retcon bullshit.

As much as I dislike Mooby, he's the only person left on this show that can drag the SheBeast and call her out. So I loved it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

TJ  has the Ashford name and that should be enough despite Shawn being the biological father.

Since Trina has been friends with Joss since they were younger, everyone would have known that she was Taggert’s daughter if she also had his last name and when they first introduced Trina, there definitely was no plan to make her Taggert’s child. Curtis’ definitely but not Taggert.

Oh, it was a secret that Taggart was her father? Why?