Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They did have a discussion, but Esmé was trying to fake out Spencer. This happened before she slept with Nik. I'm pretty sure the baby is Nik's, as that's where the drama is. (Though we all know how allergic to drama this fakakta show is.)

Thank you to everyone for making this such a nice board to read and mod! Happy New Year to all!

9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Esme and Spencer had a pregnancy scare fairly early on. She was late. By the time Esme slept with Nikolas, she and Spencer hadn't been together in months. I think the last they had sex was before he went to Spring Ridge. 

After Esme and Derpy slept together, he told her that he was going to the pharmacy to get her Plan B. She told him she would do it. I remember at the time that the board clocked in on them having unprotected sex, which was gross not to mention irresponsible. 

I never before thought the baby daddy was anyone other than Nic until they announced the exit of the actor, I started wondering how the future storyline would go unless there's a recast. Plus pregnancy on this show, when it comes to timing, follows no rules known to man.

I have no excuse for thinking more about a plotline than the writers do except I was trying to not think about having to eventually take my beautiful Christmas Tree down so instead of feeling sad I was going for half anger, half laughter. If that makes sense 😊

And yes, ewwww to the gross unprotected sex! This is Port Charles! Where even condoms may not work! 

What are you doing to my mind GH writers? STOP IT!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
On 12/30/2022 at 4:16 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Britt's birthday/going away party was about KT leaving the show, not about Britt. Those photos, from KT's childhood to the snaps with co-stars, there were a handful of them from scenes from the show, but everything else seemed to come from either KT or her co-stars.

The photos threw me at first because so many were not anything from the episodes. KT seems to have been a joyful young girl who loved life. She was smiling in virtually every childhood snap. Probably has made her RL parents very proud and happy, methinks. As others have posted, KT certainly appears to be a fave among her co-stars, much as Kristoff St. John was over on Y&R before he passed...

Took me quite some time to warm up to Britta/KT, but now I'll certainly miss her. Has there been any rumors about her next gig?  For some reason I really see her doing will on a CSI-type of procedural.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

That's the thing. Why attempt to kill Trina's supporters and never attempt to hook Trina herself? It makes absolutely no sense. 

I was working on a crackpot theory about Trina being the Hook, until a recent episode showed them in the same frame. So at this point, I have no idea who it is. The only thing I’m confident about is the reveal won’t be satisfactory.

Esme choosing to go off the parapet backwards was bizarre. I’m thinking she wanted to protect the baby by going belly up, but wouldn’t you want to see where you are going? If she could see what’s in front of her she could push off the side of the cliff, or otherwise break her fall with her arms, but this way she’s just... landing flat on her back? While hopefully not getting impaled by a tree branch or a sharp rock? The backwards swan dive was dramatic, but unnecessarily reckless, I thought.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

My crackpot theory is that the Hooker is Portia.

I think that Marshall is the Hook. He figured out Portia's secret and is going after anyone he think is messing with his new found grand-daughter.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think that Marshall is the Hook. He figured out Portia's secret and is going after anyone he think is messing with his new found grand-daughter.

He’s too fat. The look we got of the killer all masked up on Friday? Was skinny.

• Like 1

I love KT, but the photo montage went a tad too far for me. The work pictures were fine, but the pictures of happy, laughing Britt as a kid took me out of the story. We are supposed to believe her childhood was miserable, which is one of the reasons that party was so poignant for her. The kid in the photos did not look like a kid who never had a birthday party. Perhaps Faison was secretly a Soccer Dad! 

Happy New Year to all you Port Chuckleheads, who are usually the most entertaining thing about GH! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

The kid in the photos did not look like a kid who never had a birthday party. Perhaps Faison was secretly a Soccer Dad! 

Funniest thing I've read in ages. I can just imagine Faison saying "no time to stalk Anna today or to try and kill Robert, Luke, or Duke. My little Britta has a recital this afternoon and I've got to be in the front row."

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Something that’s been bugging me is why is The Hook using a fish hook to kill? That seems like a pretty inefficient weapon to use given its curved shape. Out of I believe 6 attacks - Ava, Brando, Diane, Nicolas (who avoided injury), Oz, Rory - the killer has managed to kill 2 people - Oz and Rory. For a serial or spree killer, that’s pretty pitiful. It would seem a straight knife would do a far better lethal job

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Ava, Brando, Diane, Nicolas (who avoided injury), Oz, Rory - the killer has managed to kill 2 people - Oz and Rory.

He killed Brando as well.  The only reason Diane is alive is because they knew about the poison from Brando's death and were able to give her the antidote.  They gave Rory the antidote as well, but he died anyway.

As for NIk's attack, I'm prety sure that was Esme.  The attack wasn't the same as the others and the weapon wasn't the same fish hook it was a hook from windemere stables which Esme could have easily grabbed and used.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He killed Brando as well.  The only reason Diane is alive is because they knew about the poison from Brando's death and were able to give her the antidote.  They gave Rory the antidote as well, but he died anyway.

As for NIk's attack, I'm prety sure that was Esme.  The attack wasn't the same as the others and the weapon wasn't the same fish hook it was a hook from windemere stables which Esme could have easily grabbed and used.  

I was thinking about Brando as one of the dead as I was writing then totally forgot to list him. There was also the animal smuggler guy who apparently was killed by the hook. Still, not a very good track record, especially since they thought to use poison

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I was thinking about Brando as one of the dead as I was writing then totally forgot to list him. There was also the animal smuggler guy who apparently was killed by the hook. Still, not a very good track record, especially since they thought to use poison

More people have died by the Hook than by the parafet.

• Like 4

I missed the last two weeks in the holiday nuttiness and didn’t bother to catch up 🙊. I just watched Friday. The party for Britt was really nice. I enjoyed the montage. Most everyone looked good, especially Britt. I wish Maxie had tucked in her shirt, but given how awful she usually looks I’ll count it as a win.  I think she and Laura were wearing the same oversized shirt though.

Mo is delightful when he’s just a background character. I loved Sonny just smiling and blending in at the party. He genuinely looked like he was having a great time.

Sam also looked fantastic. Her skin was glowing. I like when random characters that don’t usually interact get together so I liked the little scenes with Joss, even if they used it to shit on Sonny, again, some more.

I missed it but I guess Liz told Finn the prenatal vitamins were hers, thus having to fake a miscarriage. So dumb. Especially since trust issues were what tanked his relationship with Anna (which I actually really liked). However I didn’t like Finn charging after her like a needy puppy. Not a good look. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I like when random characters that don’t usually interact get together

I miss when they used to do that weird fundraiser where they randomly paired up people to eat dinner together.

• Like 4
On 1/1/2023 at 8:04 AM, TVbitch said:

The kid in the photos did not look like a kid who never had a birthday party. Perhaps Faison was secretly a Soccer Dad! 

Wouldn't want to be the ref who gave Faison's kid a red card.

• LOL 7

l laughed so hard when Britt yelled "why didn't you shoot her again"? I think that one was for us.

Nice soapy touch having Esme show upon the Haunted Star to be found by Spencer and Trina.

Nice fakeout of Britt. I guess she got poisoned??  But how did Heather Weber get the toxin.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Of course Dex had to be the one to save her and Joss but I'll take even that because Britt's alive.

2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Nice fakeout of Britt. I guess she got poisoned??  But how did Heather Weber get the toxin.

Dramatically yes. But I want Britt to live. Send her off to the clinic Lulu is at and bring her back later healthy.

When the cop said "Keep any strollers away", I wondered what babies were doing out past midnight.

Why didn't Joss stay there to talk to the police. Great sense of civic duty there hypocrite. Why doesn't Dex have a permit for the gun? Sonny's not so stupid that he would give Dex a stolen gun.

Cam should never forgive Joss cheating when she had a billion chances to break up with him.

Finally Dante is rethinking his support for Sonny. Of course it's when Sonny isn't with Carly because everything Carly does is right

Doctor: Esme should wake up any time. Dante: Can I see her right now? Dr.: Certainly.   .[What is Dante going to do? Watch her sleep? Maybe call a uniform to guard her.]

That was a nice scene between Liesl and Maxie about Nathan and mothering. Also nice to see Britt returning to hug her mother.

Drew is pure fast forward material with Carly. Even the dialogue is incredibly boring, Carly blaming everything wrong in her life on Sonny when she was the one who bad the decision to end it is 🤢

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I was raving in my head about how good the show was today, and then… nooooooo!!!

Why couldn’t they just have Britt take care of pregnant Esme and deliver her baby? Too soon to the last delivery, I guess.

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Dramatically yes. But I want Britt to live. Send her off to the clinic Lulu is at and bring her back later healthy.

Same.

No comments on the hooker’s identity? Mmm.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Am I suppose to be swooning over Mini Snarly and Upgraded Emotional Jason? Are they trying to find their own Bo and Hope or something with these two? For one, I thought Dex worked better with Kristina (gave Kristina/Lexi more screentime, which she deserves), but I guess that would take away from more Joss time. And second, at this point age Emma up and just free Cam from Joss's grasps and away from her orbit entirely.

Also, as much as the writers like edging Spencer/Trina fans with their first kiss, I do appreciate that more then whatever rush job they are doing with the others. Give me more Vanna, Sprina, and Sante journeys and less the other.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

LOL that Carly and Drewfus both missed the party. Serves them right, the self-involved jerks.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cam should never forgive Joss cheating when she had a billion chances to break up with him.

But it's his fault for being such a boring good guy who can't give Joss the thrills she wants.

So dumb Joss twisted her ankle in her high heels. I know heels are hard to walk in, let alone run, but way to perpetuate a gross stereotype, Show. And Joss should have kicked the Hooker in the groin when they were in close contact. Tthat's going to hurt regardless of genitalia. It would buy some time.

Yay Britt for being the badass Joss wishes she was.

Show just got interrupted by the Speaker of the House stuff.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So Britt, who's waiting for her boat on pier 27 manages to hear Joss screaming on pier 55.  Numerically, those two docks should not be near each other, but the same thing happened with Anna and Lucy so I'm going to pretend that 27 and 55 are right next door to each other because the harbour master doesn't know how to count properly.  Or Sonny misnumbered them to throw off anyone who wanted to move stuff through his territory.  

Ok, who had "Dex comes to Joss' rescue" on their bingo card?  Just me?  

Also on my bingo card, "Esme will either have, or pretend to have amnesia, so she can't answer Dante's questions".  

It occured to me that Dante still believes that Esme is the hooker and Liz/Nik who know that she isn't aren't about to tell the truth and expose themselves.  Joss/Dex who know the hooker wasn't pregnant aren't going to come forward with that truth and Britt, who knows the hooker wasn't pregnant will die from the poison.  

So Heather is the hooker.  Sure.  I'm certain that way back in August when Ava got hooked and there was zero talk of recasting Heather Webber, they had it written that Heather was the hooker.   Sure.  

37 minutes ago, Blackie said:

But how did Heather Weber get the toxin.

She went shopping at Toxin's R Us, as one does.  Seriously, she would have gotten the toxin from the venom guy, who was shot in that apartment.  

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny's not so stupid that he would give Dex a stolen gun.

Sonny gave him the gun before the meeting with the securtiy company thing so I doubt he gave himt he permit that went with it.  

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't Joss stay there to talk to the police.

Right.  Dex could take off because he was worried about the gun, but there was no reason for Joss to leave.  Except for all the sex and stuff.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

And now she’s officially a cheater!  

#FreeCam

Can't wait for her talk with Carly and when she says she feels bad about cheating for Mommy Dearest to tell her there's nothing to feel bad about because she "followed her heart."  

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

Heather is so dangerous that people visiting her are locked in a room with her while the guard stands safely outside, but she's only dangerous around visitors, since she's apparently been able to leave the facility at least a couple of times to travel to Port Charles and hook people without being missed? 

Edited by rur
  • Like 4

And we're back. I don't know why we're interrupted to be told nothing has changed. Whatever, ABC, you're the one who has to deal with irate soap fans.

Where was Joss's security? Another victory for Sonny's crack team. And can she not slag on Sonny for one hour? (Spoiler: Of course she can't.) If she's so against Dex working for the guy, why keep putting herself in his path? It's so tedious to watch. I guess the second guy you sex up is always more exciting than the first, huh?

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So Heather is the hooker. 

Well, that's boring.

I'll say. I know they didn't bring the character back just to give us the reveal that Esmé is her daughter with Kevin, but this? It does fit with her brand of crazy, I admit, but zzzzz.

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So Heather is the hooker.  Sure.  I'm certain that way back in August when Ava got hooked and there was zero talk of recasting Heather Webber, they had it written that Heather was the hooker.   Sure.  

The only thing they did to tie her to the toxin is when she was brought to the hospital, they said she had been in contact with a tropical substance. That's like it. But apparently, Heather can come and go as she pleases from whatever loony bin she's been incarcerated. This is dumb.

Nothing says cheating like playing some romantic song while Joss is about to get boned by Dex. And nothing says liar like a romantic song playing while Drew and Carly are kissing. Mother and daughter are absolute trash. The apple really fell right next to that tree, didn't it.

Britt decides to stay, but here's a scratch for your troubles.

Monty Python Fight GIF

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 3

Damn, Heather's awfully spry for someone old enough to have been Franco's mother.

That's the least interesting Hook they could have chosen. Heather has been sneaking in and out of not just one but two asylums, one being for the criminally insane, since mid-summer? PC needs to upgrade the security on their asylums.

I did not foresee Esme showing up on the Haunted Star. Is there something unique about the Christmas ornament?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But it's his fault for being such a boring good guy who can't give Joss the thrills she wants.

Also, she was GOING to break up with him a few hours before the cheating and he wasn't there, so, really, definitely his fault.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dead. Killed by the serial killer a couple weeks ago.

Cody, that waste of space, is still around.

Thanks!  I can’t say I’ll miss him but at least he went out in a memorable way.  Now if only we could get rid of Cody…..

I also see Austin and Maxie are no longer together.  Good.  They had no chemistry at all.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I did not foresee Esme showing up on the Haunted Star.

I laughed at that.  How far away is Windemere from the Star that she was able to swim all the way there?  

I also laughed at Spencer's desperate "I swear i'm not the father of her baby" to Trina.  But I also found it made Spencer look dumb that he couldn't figure out how Esme is pregnant considering he knows Nik and Esme slept together.  Get there faster Spencer.  

25 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Is there something unique about the Christmas ornament?

Demetrius bought them for her Charlie Brown tree, so it might be what brings down Nikolas.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Just when I was ready to give the show kudos for defying my expectations of having Esme disappear again and Britt being hooked, they... have Britt being hooked. Ugh. Kudos withdrawn.

Not to mention Heather being The Hook. Predictable, boring, and totally without stakes. I know, they could totally say "But wait! Maybe she's not the only Hook!" (I was trying to remember if she could've been available for hooking every time someone was, but my memory's not that good.) Whatever, Show. That's been done and is totally predictable, boring and without stakes, if it's Ryan.

And the opposite of kudos goes to Joss taking the leap into full-out cheaterdom. There's no reason she couldn't have broken up with Cameron first, her boyfriend and best friend. You had to have sex with Dex right then, Joss? Well, then, shut it next time you want to reign in judgement over someone else, girl. Seriously, does she have any concept of what it does to someone's ability to trust for the rest of their life when someone does this to them and she does this to Cameron? Sex with Dex right now worth that, Joss?

This is not a rootable pair, Show, so stop with the music.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Not a huge fan of Heather (though I love Robin Matson; Alley, I've only ever watched as Marjorie (Michaela's sister on Dr. Quinn, so eh), but tell me again how these fuckwits are only bringing back the vets just to fucking massacre and ruin them? Holly being the exception because she was ruined years ago, but wasn't further ruined because of Emma's real-life health issues, I'm guessing.

• Like 2

Is Heather really the Hook, or is she covering for Esme?  And if she is the Hook, why does she care to try to kill all of the people who are friends of Trina's? And how does she sneak out of jail all the time?  But I do understand how she had that reaction to the toxic plant, now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I have a feeling Heather was only the Hook on this night. I'm not sure she really knew Esme was around until she met up with Ryan, unless she was lyin' to Ryan. But that's boring as well. Hopefully she can make it back to the nuthouse to download to Ryan.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Is Heather really the Hook, or is she covering for Esme?  And if she is the Hook, why does she care to try to kill all of the people who are friends of Trina's? And how does she sneak out of jail all the time?  But I do understand how she had that reaction to the toxic plant, now.

I wondered about it too, but Britt is essentially dying from the poison the hook and how would she be covering for Esme since she and Ryan have no idea where she is or what happened to her. 

Her ass has been going on excursions all over PC. She murdered that dude in the apartment before she killed Rory. She murdered Oz Haggerty on the pier. She was at Brando's garage, at Charlie's. Girlfriend has apparently been going back and forth between a maximum security asylum and these places. Did she Shawshank her way out or something?

I'm sure the writers have a very plausible explanation for that because they never ever disappoint.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Where was Joss's security? Another victory for Sonny's crack team. 

I'm pretty sure she dismissed that guy and told him Sonny would be at the party so his presence wasn't needed. Stupid, but that's what she said on Friday. 

The scenario would have been infinitely more interesting if stupid Joss had been slashed! Most of the folks slashed have survived but there could have been some drama in her slashing. What did Jake "fake" give her? A kidney? Slash her in the kidney then. I don't know. Anything would have been more interesting than her screwing Dex. Sorry (not sorry) - I'm just not interested in those two. They do nothing for me. But . . yeah . . . hooking Josslyn would have been interesting and unexpected. I mean, did anyone really think precious Josslyn would be hooked?! Anyone? No one. We all knew Britt was taking that hook for her. 

In the fight, I thought Britt could have been slashed. Too bad she didn't get herself checked out. 

Soooo . . . is Dante gonna have to arrest Sonny soon? What was the point of that conversation w/Sam? It's been years. He surely hs worked through all his feelings about his dad's mob activities by now. Was there a point to those scenes? 

Drewfus and Carly - ugh. Muted them. 

I muted Maxie and Liesl too! lol

I really love Sprina. I think those two work! Dang that Esme for interrupting TWO kisses w/them! 

I did watch Nikolas's scenes today. He and Liz could work. I'm not an Esme fan but I didn't expect her to show up so GH did surprise me there. Now, just let her miscarry and then go on a rager, GH! Do it!! 

• Like 6