Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 10/12/2022 at 5:54 AM, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think the writers keep track of the dates. And time clearly travels faster for Esme than it does for Willow. They're going to stretch her first trimester into oblivion so that her cancer can fester, get worse, and we can all go, "poor self-sacrificing Willow, see how much she suffers."

The writers have no clue what this fandom is like.

I do agree with @ffwbe, though. We haven't had a pregnancy since Sasha gave birth to Liam and now we have two wimminfolk pregnant at the same time. It has to be storyline-related, but I'm not into anyone stealing anyone's baby. I don't think I can get through another storyline where Michael's baby gets stolen, or a woman (Willow) having a nervous breakdown latching on to a child that isn't hers.

Port Charles occupies a very erratic pocket universe.  With physical laws and a society quite divergent from our own.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, ljr said:

When will joss sleep with dex? The writers are dragging this out.

If Nicolos is so rich where is the  help?

She won’t have sex with Cam, so it might be the only way she gets any action.  Seriously, she couldn’t go in the back of the restaurant and give her long term college boyfriend a handy or something?  

My DVD tried to protect me today too but I caught it anyway and it sucked, big time. Jacksonville is a condensed version of Nixon Falls (what happened to Phyllis?). 

This show has an abundance of talented actors that are being wasted. It is so sad. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My DVR didn't record today and I'm taking that as a sign not to bother seeking it out to watch.  Carly getting smoke blown up her ass happens on the regular, so I'm not missing much.

I started watching but it just does not hold my interest and I shut it off. So boring.

Linda Purl’s 180 made no sense. Unless she is trying to placate Carly in order to divert her attention from some other nefarious scheme or long-buried mystery. I hope this is not the reason, because it would mean this story isn’t over, it’s going to drag on and on and… oh, what am I saying. Of course it’s going to drag on, it’s GH.

One thing that I can’t figure out is why everyone keeps calling original Carly (Linda Purl’s daughter) Reese. Unless my memory has failed me, Reese was the name she assumed when she came to PC to wreak havoc on Carly 2.0, aka Caroline. Before then, she was only known as Carly, right? 

I guess I might understand why current Carly calls her Reese now (she wants the name all to herself), but why would her own mother call her by a fake name? That she probably never even used around her? It’s just weird.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Was there no episode today? Lol

There was, and STUFF happened. But I am a little confused with the Lucy storyline so don't think I can go into it. Because of other boring stuff on the show causing me to not pay attention, I am not sure if Lucy is actually being wooed by Victor or if she is on a mission to bring him down herself.

Some good Nik and Esme scenes. Esme talking to the baby when no one around makes me think she is really preggo, or she is totally delusional. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Lucy is actually being wooed by Victor or if she is on a mission to bring him down herself.

It's mostly the latter, but Victor knows what's up because of her bugged necklace.

Today was pretty boring. Scott blusters to Ava about divorcing Nik; Victor "accidentally" spills the beans that Nik is supposed to be filing for divorce; Valentin thinks Victor is setting him up but he's going to see Charlotte anyway; Johan did something to Anna's house (bugged it? Unclear); Britt and Cody go through Peter's stuff and find a safe-deposit key.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Was there no episode today? Lol

An episode but not much to say about it. Cody helped Britt go through Peter's box and found a key that he says is for a safety deposit box (looking more like a key to a padlock than a safety deposit box).

Scott tried to get Ava to divorce Nik but she wasn't having it, and then Victor showed up to tell her that Nik was divorcing her. She headed to Wyndermere.

Meanwhile Nik and Esme scenes: she taunted, he taunted, she attacked (and threatened him with Daddy Dearest), she found a way to escape courtesy of Ava's paintings.

Victor is playing games with Lucy; Anna tries to get Lucy to stop but Lucy isn't taking her calls, sweet scene with Anna and Valentin as he heads off on Evil Victor's plane to see Charlotte.

Great cliff-hanger though, Victor's henchman did something to Anna's home, Anna is headed to the wrong pier, and Lucy is shot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Plus, Esme reveals to Nic that her biological father is alive and is going to make sure Nic is sorry he locked up Esme

Today’s episode was much more interesting than yesterday

And I set my DVR to record all episodes so I’m catching episodes that were preempted or interrupted and being reshown. Except for recording an occasional past repeat episode on holidays, it’s working well given all the partial or full preemptions we’ve had lately

• Love 5

The good today:  Nik/Esme scenes, the cliffhanger with Lucy getting shot/Anna at the wrong pier, Ava's green blazer.

The bad: Britt/Cody, because he is just such a whiny-ass man-baby with the "if I'm the police chief's son!" sneering.  Like, there are worse things, you asshole.  And I suppose this  safety deposit box is supposed to hold some mystery, because Peter just can't be never spoken of again.

• Love 1

I'm guessing Brit will discover Peter left info about Victor and the clinic in Canada that gave her the Huntington's diagnosis, and either off she goes to find the truth, or she finds the truth and goes out to live a little. I HOPE.

Edited by threebluestars
  • Love 2

Well, Anna and Valentin finally did it - they got my Lucy shot (although she did refuse to bow out of the Victor affair when implored to do so). Pretty soon there won't be many Port Chuckles residents that don't have bullet holes in them, lol.

However, I don't know if it's direction or a deliberate acting choice, but the thinly veiled disdain Anna shows for Lucy bugs me to no end. Sometimes it seems like she's only nano-seconds away from throttling Lucy. Anna doesn't show that kind of hostility even for folks that deserve it. Extremely odd.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The bad: Britt/Cody, because he is just such a whiny-ass man-baby with the "if I'm the police chief's son!" sneering.  Like, there are worse things, you asshole.  And I suppose this  safety deposit box is supposed to hold some mystery, because Peter just can't be never spoken of again.

Peter will always be part of the fabric of this show because he left a kid behind.

This "storyline" is probably KT's exit from the show.

• Useful 2

I was trying to remember if Britt and Cody had kissed yet. I had a horrible thought that maybe Cody was actually Peter, and he wanted to get close to Britt to get his stuff back so he could trigger 'super soldier' Drew ( a dropped story) and the Dominique is my mother stuff was to get close to Maxie and maybe kidnap their kid.

But I don't know how the whole 'childhood friend of Dante' could fit in. 

But I think they have kissed and I don't know if he'd actually get incesty to complete his plaaaaan. 

2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Well, Anna and Valentin finally did it - they got my Lucy shot (although she did refuse to bow out of the Victor affair when implored to do so). Pretty soon there won't be many Port Chuckles residents that don't have bullet holes in them, lol.

Don't worry about Lucy. Ever since Saint Jason was rolled into the water by Faison, the waters of Port Charles have developed miraculous healing properties. No one who goes into the water there ever dies. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

but the thinly veiled disdain Anna shows for Lucy bugs me to no end.

FH paired with JPS seems like a breath of fresh air compared to Anna/Finn.  I think that this is one of the few times (at least in the past decade) that Lucy has shared scenes with the international spy clique.  It doesn't seem like a huge jump to see a professional spy pooh-pooh an amateur.  It seems like both actresses are enjoying themselves.  Such a pleasure to watch (along with MW plots) especially compared to watching Sonny/Carly scenes, but if I was a Lucy fan - I would probably take some umbrage at Anna's attitude towards her.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Im pretty sure Anna shot Lucy with fake bullets or a tranquilizer darts to get her away from Victor since Lucy was refusing to back off.  

That actually makes sense because it looked like a woman’s hand that was holding the gun. It certainly wasn’t Johann! But how did Anna find her when Lucy’s assistant told her the boat was at pier 47? I know, I know, plot point..,

16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And I suppose this  safety deposit box is supposed to hold some mystery, because Peter just can't be never spoken of again.

It holds something Cody wants: something important enough to make him come to PC, blackmail Spinelli so he can get closer to Britt, so he can oh-so-casually be present for the unveiling of the Box.

No idea what the box holds, maybe Faison’s handbook for how to be effectively evil— which Snidely Whiplash neglected to read, apparently. But if this whole thing ends with Peter alive, somehow, I’m going to have a screaming fit or three.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

It was a pretty good episode today.

Lucy is missing. Victor slimed with Anna at the pier, denied any involvement to Dante and then hit on Ava. Nicely done CS.

I'm impressed at Diane quoting Tennyson's Ulysses.

Alexis and Kristina made up. Sonny bonded with baby Jason.

Nik has his hands full with Esme. MC makes a much better fighter with Esme than a lover.

5 hours ago, rur said:

Don't worry about Lucy. Ever since Saint Jason was rolled into the water by Faison, the waters of Port Charles have developed miraculous healing properties. No one who goes into the water there ever dies. 

Looks like you're right.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t think that was Lucy coming out of the water at the end though we’re supposed to believe it is. Victor is probably holding her somewhere. This whole SL has made Anna look extra dumb if I’m being honest because Victor clearly is a step ahead of her.

Selfishly I’m glad that Sam wasn’t in the Kristina/Alexis scenes after she told Spinelli she was going to play peacemaker the other day because she isn’t my favorite. It was nice of them to work out their issues themselves. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But if this whole thing ends with Peter alive, somehow, I’m going to have a screaming fit or three.

I don't even know where you live, but I guarantee you'll hear my screaming from wherever it is.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think that was Lucy coming out of the water at the end though we’re supposed to believe it is.

It sounded a lot like Lucy, and the clothing and hair was accurate. It will take a while for her to be found, most likely.

Anna sucks. She basically blackmails Lucy into working for her and then suddenly has concerns? Ugh.

I wonder if they're slightly SORASing Spencer? The beard (as wispy as it is) does make him look older than 19, as does his shaggier haircut. Or maybe it's just to show what he looks like without his expensive hair products, lol.

I don't mind Diane and Robert as colleagues/friends/poetry club buddies, but a big no to any potential romance.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Well, looks like I was wrong.  Anna did NOT shoot Lucy with rubber bullets to get her away from Victor.  Looks like someone really shot Lucy and she really fell into the water, leaving her shoe on the docks for everyone to find.

The mystery now, who did shoot Lucy and who was the woman who dragged herself out of the water at the end?  At first, I assumed it was Lucy since she was dressed in black, had dark hair and Dante had just told Anna that if anyone can survive Victor, it would be Lucy.  

But, Emma Samms confirmed that Thursday is her first day back on screen, so is it possible that Holly is the shooter, since the hand holding the gun looked female, and that Holly someone ended up in the water as well and she's the one dragging herself out.  

If it's Holly, I would think Lucy would have been way more surprised at seeing her on the docks.  Lucy acted like she knew the person and was annoyed that they were there.  But Holly has been presumed dead for awhile, so if Lucy was seeing her on the docks, she'd be acting surprised not annoyed.  

And, I've put more thought into it than the writers have......but is Holly the shooter?  And who's dragging themselves out of water, Lucy or Holly?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I don't even know where you live, but I guarantee you'll hear my screaming from wherever it is.

The last time he showed up after being dead, I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me yell "Hell No!"

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

If it's Holly, I would think Lucy would have been way more surprised at seeing her on the docks.  Lucy acted like she knew the person and was annoyed that they were there.  But Holly has been presumed dead for awhile, so if Lucy was seeing her on the docks, she'd be acting surprised not annoyed.  

Well, when Diego was dead and came to Georige, she said "Oh, it's just you. I thought I had a stalker."  So, Port Charlesians are apt to just treat people they thought were dead the same as people they just saw 15 minutes ago.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

So, Port Charlesians are apt to just treat people they thought were dead the same as people they just saw 15 minutes ago.

Maybe because it happens so often.

54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind Diane and Robert as colleagues/friends/poetry club buddies, but a big no to any potential romance.

I think you're safe with all the Holly hints around. And Diane still has the faithful but invisible Max.

I’ve been saying that this show needs a GOOD murder mystery. This is not it because I don’t care one whit who shot Lucy or why or if she’s really dead or how she died. That’s about the worst thing I can say about a soap. Of course, Lucy makes me anxious with her stabby acting and her breathless speaking and her jerky movements. So I’m perhaps not the best person to say I don’t care if she’s dead.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It will take a while for her to be found, most likely.

Depending on what side of the bay she crawls out on, she could be in any state or any country for that matter 😀

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been saying that this show needs a GOOD murder mystery. This is not it because I don’t care one whit who shot Lucy or why or if she’s really dead or how she died. That’s about the worst thing I can say about a soap. Of course, Lucy makes me anxious with her stabby acting and her breathless speaking and her jerky movements. So I’m perhaps not the best person to say I don’t care if she’s dead.

A couple months back, when I was watching old ATWT episodes, I was surprised when Lynn Herring turned up playing Henry Coleman's mother.  Her movements and speech pattern were  EXACTLY as she plays Lucy.  And I found it very annoying.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zengirl1215 said:

I like Dex but when I read your "Baby Jason" line I thought that was hilarious. 😂

Thank you but the credit for coming up with it goes to @Daisy.🙃

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They broke up a few years ago. Not that it matters, since Derk Cheetwood is off the show.

I knew that Milo had broken up with Epiphany but didn't realize that Max was gone too.

Did Lucy wash ashore on the Pennsylvania side of the river? Will she end up in Nixon Falls too?

it was definitely a woman who shot Lucy and she was wearing the same checkered coat that Anna has. I really thought it was Anna until we saw her at the other pier. Not sure Holly makes sense as the shooter but she could certainly be the woman who washed ashore. ES is much shorter than LH but the camera angle could have thrown us off. Guess we’ll see in about 6 months 🤣

So Esme asked Nik if he was going to keep her there for the next 6 months. But that baby bump is more like 5 months pregnant and the baby is supposedly already moving. It seems they’re fast tracking her pregnancy. Good because I can’t bear another 2-year pregnancy story!

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Not sure Holly makes sense as the shooter but she could certainly be the woman who washed ashore.

The only way she makes sense is if she was brainwashed by Victor.

Or she's been swimming since her plane went down. I think she was on a plane. It's been too long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The only way she makes sense is if she was brainwashed by Victor.

Or she's been swimming since her plane went down. I think she was on a plane. It's been too long.

I agree with the first part since last we saw her, she was trapped in that box in Monte Carlo and we saw her screaming after Robert, Ethan, and buttinsky Olivia left.

Nope, not da plane. See my comment above.

But hey, maybe it's Alley Mills who's the killer!

• Useful 2

Today's show:

People who I want to go away: Epiphany and medical school, Michael and Willow snarking at Ned, Portia and Curtis squealing about their relationship, Bitchy Olivia, Hysterical Anna, Bitchy TJ.

Michael to Ned: "Let's not pretend that you're in any position to lecture me about business."  Sure Michael, uneducated, non-working you who got his position only through his name thinks that he knows more than Ned. SLS

Michael grabs a meat mallet and goes to the boathouse to confront the Hooker? He really is Sonny's Mini Me except not even that smart.

Olivia never seems to support Ned unless he's doing something for her. Sometimes you have to call out the person attacking and it's not Ned.

I swear Epiphany has spent 200 times times longer studying for the MCAT than I did.  She's going to go through medical school in less time than she's spent studying.

I wish that Brooke would stop playing Portia like an airhead. She's a doctor and the head of internal medicine.

Trina: "A comics convention was never really on my bucket list of things to do."  So wrong of you Trina. They're great fun.

Michael and Olivia find a mysterious woman in the Quartermaine boathouse. And.....it's Holly.

• Love 6

Michael and Olivia hear there might be there’s a serial killer in the boathouse and their first thought it to run inside instead of calling the police?

Also does Olivia even like Ned? I get having a difference of opinion from your partner but we only see her openly criticizing him and she joins in when others mock him. The only time they get along is when it involves Leo, who was also pretty much the reason they reunited in the first place. I don’t get how they went from being the happy, drama-free couple to being this toxic. These days, I just hope for Ned to walk away 

• Love 7

The whole mystery about the woman was dumb. Did anyone for a second think it was Lucy? The hands, the height, the hair color . . . It does look like Holly may have shot Lucy, though.

Willow's finally showing, Olivia is unbearable. Michael is a doofus. Ned needs to get away from these people for his own sanity. And STFU, Michael. No credentials, no education. It gets practically beaten into our heads that we need to have an education in order to succeed and get far in life, but rich pricks like Michael only need their last name and family business to get ahead of 99% of the world. Go eff yourself, Michael. 

The Epiphany scenes were long and tedious. But she went for it.

It doesn't seem to have registered with Portia that she is lying about the paternity of her daughter to the man she's giggling about marrying. She's all happy go lucky, like everything in the world is great when things can blow up in her face any minute. She's either incredibly dumb or doesn't give a shit that she is lying about something really important.

Anna has become an incredibly disappointing character. They've trashed the character real good the past 3-4 years.

Nina, butt out of other people's business. Please leave town on Crimson business or to visit Charlotte or something.

• Love 2

Yesterday Kristina was like “I’m sure you think slinging drinks isn’t as important as attending my cousins funeral”. Now I really like Kristina most of the time but umm….YES your cousins funeral is more important than your job.  Even if she wasn’t close to him she should have been there for her dad.  Plus a funeral is pretty quick it’s not like she would have had to miss her entire shift.  Most bosses would understand, especially when that boss is pushover Phyllis.

What motivation would Holly have for being the hooker??  It would make things interesting I guess, plus Emma Samms will only be on a short time so it would be a good way to wrap up her story.

I don’t see any chemistry between Robert and Diane.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

What motivation would Holly have for being the hooker?

I don't think the hooker and Lucy's shooter are the same person.  Those are two violent stories happeneing at the same time.  

I'm guessing Holly is the shooter and brainwashed by Victor.  The woman yelling in the room beside Drew when he was on Cassadine Island had to have been Holly, so it would make sense that Victor is pulling the strings.

The drone footage they had clearly showed it was a woman who shot Lucy and it looked liked Anna's coat, which I'm assuming is what Johan stole from her house.  From the angle it was hard to see the shooter's face, but Jordan and Martin were acting like they recognized her so was it Holly in an Anna face mask to make it look like Anna did it.  

Apparently Willow shops at Amish Maternity Wear R Us.  I know it's been awhile since I've shopped for maternity clothes, but what was that top?    Also, she looks smaller than Esme despite being at least 4 weeks ahead of her.  Was there only one 4 month maternity pillow in the props department?  

I have nothing against Nina and she'll win against Carly every day and twice on Sunday, but this thing with Willow/TJ is not a good look on her.  Do you really think they would be making out in the hospital corridors for eveyrone to see.  

I keep getting a headache everytime the Trina paternity secret anvils drop from the sky.  Marshall to Porta:  Anyone who keeps secrets from their families are big fat poo poo stoopid heads.  Portia: gulps

I'm paraphrasing, but you get the picture.  

Welcome home Emma Samms!!

• Love 8