Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

This IS a show about a hospital, amirite?

Not for close to 30 years now! 😛

Where'd you get such a silly idea?

Oh, General Hospital?

Huh. Just goes to show, there is no more truth in advertising!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

TAWP Dix is bad. I mean REALLY bad. Until Sonny offered him a job, I thought maybe he was just a vet who got a walk on with the show. Which would be nice but if he’s going to stick around he needs serious acting classes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

How are they going to blame Jax for Carly hiding the truth if he's no longer on the show?

Oh, they'll blame Jax, all right. Doesn't matter if we never see him, he's Carly's excuse for her behavior.

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, they'll blame Jax, all right. Doesn't matter if we never see him, he's Carly's excuse for her behavior.

Carly: "If Jax hadn't bought Nelle's kidney for Joss she would've never come to town and this would all be avoided."

Of course than Joss would be dead and Wiley wouldn't exist, so...yeah, I'm good with that.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

I ff'ed most of Friday's episode. Even Valentin couldn't salvage it.

I'm going to miss the pre-Neil reveal Harmony and Alexis friendship. Harmony also gave Willow a few desperately needed layers. Even her Ryan interaction was watchable. 

But hey, they gave us a new mob wannabe who can't act so it's all good. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

TAWP Dix is bad. I mean REALLY bad. Until Sonny offered him a job, I thought maybe he was just a vet who got a walk on with the show. Which would be nice but if he’s going to sti

Ya i didnt think he was great, so hopefully he improves like NC/ Spencer.

Now that i think about it, I think Sonny' stuffed creature is a badger, probably to remind him of Carly. 

• LOL 4

Carly: What is it about Nina that makes rational men come to her defense?
Me: well, I dunno, what is it about you that makes rational men utterly stupid?

also carly: she kept sonny away from his family, and then slept with him, and now wants time with my grandson

val, the speaker of truth: you cost her a daughter

Me: TWO OF THEM!!!

• Love 10
On 5/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, CharethCutestory said:

Wow, Dex is laying it on real thick, even mooning over Sonny to the henchman making espresso. Chill out, dude. I really hope this guy is an undercover fed or something.

That was actually my first thought about him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I just realized that stupid Wiley is Willow's nephew-son. That's not weird at all...

The other day I was trying to work out the tangled web of Sante's shared family members. I got a headache rather quickly and stopped. Leo and Wiley will have some interesting conversations in the future. 

Wiley: My aunt is my mommy.

Leo: Cool, my sister dates my brother. 

• LOL 11
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I just realized that stupid Wiley is Willow's nephew-son. That's not weird at all...

Also, Nina is the brat's double grandmother now. It's like that old joke, "And then I became my own grandfather."

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

heheehe now I am watching Girlfriend clips. 

As much as I would like to see Dex be loyal to Sonny and the family, and get half the women in Port Charles pregnant, the writers will probably take the predictable route and make him a plant from the West Coast threat.

Can't find any sympathy for Willow and her predicament.  The stench of her pairing with Michael still puts me to sleep every time I see those two on my tv screen.  I'm hopeful that the fallout from Carly keeping the bio mom's secret, somehow blows up this pairing.

The slow burn of the Chase/Brooklynn pairing has been handled very well.  You can actually see the chemistry the two have on screen.

More Valentin please.  Regardless of what this man is given to do, he does it in style.  Points to the writers for inserting him in the "Sasha is a junkie" storyline.  I have a feeling Sasha will ultimately blowup Deception down to its foundation.

• Love 4

So Dex/Dax is supposed to be a Jason sort of replacement? You can say what you want about SB but this new guy doesn’t fit the bill. Maybe, he had auditioned  for Rory and didn’t get the part so they wrote up this role?! He seems too you but I guess FV wants young. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ljr said:

Whats on a hitmans resume? Does sonny need to know how many people he killed?

I don't think you actually apply to be a hitman.  You apply for some position importing or exporting and just kind of get moved into the hitman spot.  He probably had Art Vandalay as a reference.

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Anyone else notice that Dex showed up just as Felicia was asking Mac whether he regretted not having a kid of his own?

Oh, no.  Sonny and Mac had a kid together.

• LOL 14

Valentin is wasting his time trying to appeal to any kindness in Carly. Carly's heart is stone unless it's about herself or someone in her inner circle. Nina's life has been way more tragic than Carly's. Carly was put up for adoption and had a lovely adoptive mom IIRC. Her vendetta against Bobbie made no sense. And all her problems in her adult  years have been ones of her own making. 

I really like TA's Trina, and I like her and Rory! They are cute together to me! I am looking forward to the Spencer/Trina/Rory triangle I assume we're getting. 

Surprisingly, Josslyn did not annoy me today. The Trina/Joss scenes were good. I would love to see the kids take down Esme!! Someone has to since the PCPD won't. LOL! 

I didn't really pay attn to the Nina/Ava stuff. I hate Wiley, and I'm sick of talking about that brat. I cannot wait until they have the hearing and we can move on to some other stories! 

I'm not sure why Cameron is so eager to tell Josslyn the truth. I don't know. The "lie" he's keeping from her is so not a big deal though I'm sure she'll make it into one. 🙄 

Too bad Esme is crazy and they seem intent on destroying her. I think she and Cameron could be cute together. 

The Amy/Chet/Terry stuff isn't too bad. I don't really care, but it's nice to see other characters and some normal type of plots. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm not sure why Cameron is so eager to tell Josslyn the truth. I don't know. The "lie" he's keeping from her is so not a big deal though I'm sure she'll make it into one. 🙄 

Joss has probably been complaining to him nonstop about letting Spencer work at Kelly’s. She seems to share that Carly mindset where everyone in her circle has to share her thoughts and opinions about everyone. Spencer is right about Joss being a hothead though. If she knew, I’d wager Joss wouldn’t last a day before taunting Esme with the fact that Spencer doesn’t actually believe or support her like she thinks to win a point in their next argument. Yeah she might want Esme to pay but she lacks the fortitude for long range planning or thinking about the consequences of her actions. 

I like that they’re using TJ more but I still don’t care about Marshall and wonder why TJ does so much. They aren’t biologically related and since Curtis and I assume the man who TJ thought was his dad barely knew him, I doubt there were a lot of memories passed on about this guy. It comes off as hallow. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I like that they’re using TJ more but I still don’t care about Marshall and wonder why TJ does so much. They aren’t biologically related and since Curtis and I assume the man who TJ thought was his dad barely knew him, I doubt there were a lot of memories passed on about this guy. It comes off as hallow. 

What? so TJ isn't Thomas's kid?  and I would say it doesn't really matter that they are biologically connected or not. TJ has a connection with him now. and that's what matters, yah?.

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Last I checked, she has my husband." Carly! You're the one who wanted the divorce in the first place! OMG, the pretzeling she had to do to blame everything on Nina and Valentin.

hahahahahaha. Im dying.  I would have paid good money had Val clapped. "whom you divorced, so?" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, the art talk between Trina and Rory was cringeworthy. You don't need someone to explain it to you to appreciate it. Context can enrich and deepen your understanding, but what really matters is how you feel about it. The way this show treats art is so annoying. It's akin to the "higher education—whaaa?" attitude the show sometimes takes.

TJ is related to Marshall—Tommy, TJ's father, is Curtis's brother.

Amy, you were hoist by your own petard. You should have said you needed a mental health day. That at least would make getting a manicure a bit more understandable. Self-care in any form is important.

• Love 3

TJ, thank you for saying that there is a lot of stigma attached to mental illness especially for a man Marshall's age. It wouldn't hurt if you added, a person of colour to the reasons for greater stigma,

"I've been lying to Joss. I need to know that the hell I've been going through is worth it."  Cameron, if Joss is giving you hell for choices that you make about your own life, maybe it's time to recognize an abusive relationship.

Somehow, I don't think that the daughter of Jasper Jax is going to  need the kind of job where the boss does an internet search on her.

Valentin, trying to appeal to Nina's compassionate side is a sure loss.

Carly, the reason Nina has your ex-husband is because you threw him away.

Did we just get confirmation that Ryan is Esme's biological father? Between Willow, Nelle, Wylie, Avery and now Esme, there are too many stories about biological vs adoptive parents.

5 hours ago, ljr said:

Whats on a hitmans resume? Does sonny need to know how many people he killed?

According to Sonny, #1 is loyalty.

26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

If she knew, I’d wager Joss wouldn’t last a day before taunting Esme with the fact that Spencer doesn’t actually believe or support her like she thinks to win a point in their next argument. Yeah she might want Esme to pay but she lacks the fortitude for long range planning or thinking about the consequences of her actions.

Like mother, like daughter.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

TJ is related to Marshall—Tommy, TJ's father, is Curtis's brother.

Amy, you were hoist by your own petard. You should have said you needed a mental health day. That at least would make getting a manicure a bit more understandable. Self-care in any form is important.

She's a nurse working a shift so I don't think that asking for a mental health day would let he off. But there are other ways to have dealt with it than getting angry at Terry.

TJ isn't biologically related to Marshall though since his biodad is Shawn. But on this show, what does it matter?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

TJ isn't biologically related to Marshall though since his biodad is Shawn. But on this show, what does it matter?

Oh, right, I forgot about that. This show and its constantly changing parentage. (Not that the Shawn reveal was recent.)

• Love 1

Is this Maggie from the past, writing letters?? Such a plot point when she could email or WhatsApp.  Also the writing on the 1 piece of paper was about 4 sentences but the letter Esme was reading out loud was at least twice as long. Bad job prop people.

Joss and Trina skip yoga to go have a milkshake 😅

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Anyone else notice that Dex showed up just as Felicia was asking Mac whether he regretted not having a kid of his own?

Wouldn't any kid of Mac's have a bad Aussie accent?  (Like Ethan, perhaps?)

• LOL 5

I like how Esme has been lying in her letters to Maggie. I have tons of friends, Spencer and I are totes solid and so in wuv, hearteyes, and I have no contact with my psycho bio papa. Girlfriend can't even keep things straight with the one person who actually seems to care about her. And for a girl who spent 90% of her time in big hospital running shoes, Esme sure has a lot of couture shoe boxes.

I really could not give a fig about Carly's lack of self-awareness on any day that ends with a "y." Blaming Valentin for scamming Nina by bringing Sasha to town and passing her off as Nina's daughter which stopped the search for her actual daughter is one thing, but you horrible person, you're keeping her other daughter from her. 

Ava had to remind Nina of how Avery was born. Neat.

Amy is a waste of space. I don't really care about Chet. I like Terri and I think she's beautiful, but I can't even get into her having a love interest because I know what the writers are doing. We're going through an absolutely vile time in history where LGBTQ+ rights are being watered down into nonexistence soon enough. But good effin' grief. Is this going to be like them writing a gay couple, then sidelining the gay couple. Then giving said gay couple a baby, only to kill him the next minute, then pretending that another man's child is that couple's baby until they have to hand him over and then disappear from the child's life completely? Because that was incredibly messed up.

I don't need this show to pay lip service to real issues only to somehow manage to fuck it up. I'm not even gonna wait to see where this is going. I know I already hated it the second Amy and Terri started snipping at each other. Amy has entered that storyline like the wrecking ball that she is.

You go, TJ. You tell your dumb uncle what's up.

• Love 6

I did find Chet and Terri talking about their fears interesting. I thought Terri knew Amy was Chet’s sister already but I guess I was mistaken

Esme is clearly in fantasy land, especially with her former nanny or whatever she was. The letter did seem to suggest Ryan is really her bio dad but that could be a wrong assumption

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DanaK said:

The letter did seem to suggest Ryan is really her bio dad but that could be a wrong assumption

Hmm are they doing some sort of fake-out? The letter said "bio-dad" and Esme called Ryan "Daddy " didn't she, but it seemed more culty so maybe not the bio-dad.  Next thing we know is Mac will be the bio-Dad .🤣🤷‍♀️😝

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What the heck is going on with Amy? Why is she being so obnoxious? Shut up, girl, and just do your job.

This drama seems so contrived. Face it, you fibbed to get a day off and you got caught, but so far there aren't even any big repercussions. Learn a lesson and move on. 

Plus... Whenever I hear the name "Amy" on this show, I think of Amy Vining, who was a much more entertaining character.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

What the heck is going on with Amy? Why is she being so obnoxious? Shut up, girl, and just do your job.

And did I forget a connection--why did she barge in on Ava and Nina and start talking about her mean boss?  Honestly, she sounded like a 14 yr old.  And that whole "that doesn't sound like Chet" line.  Is he not allowed to socialize?

Shut up, Amy.

And that goes double for Carly, though that'll never happen.  Truly, Valentin might as well have asked her for a kidney with the whole "show compassion" angle.  Actually, she'd probably give up a kidney easier than ever a. admit she was wrong b. do something for someone that didn't also benefit her and c. make ever situation all about her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, the art talk between Trina and Rory was cringeworthy. You don't need someone to explain it to you to appreciate it. Context can enrich and deepen your understanding, but what really matters is how you feel about it. The way this show treats art is so annoying. It's akin to the "higher education—whaaa?" attitude the show sometimes takes.

I mean you’re not wrong, but it was mostly an excuse for them to flirt. And since there’s some cute sparklyness there I didn’t mind. 

Spencer taking pics to make sure he puts everything back in its place was smarter than I would expect from him.  He’s so lucky Esme and Maggie haven’t heard of email yet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, racked said:

Spencer taking pics to make sure he puts everything back in its place was smarter than I would expect from him.

OK then he is actually smarter then me because I couldn't figure out why he was taking pictures 🤣

35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And did I forget a connection--

I couldn't figure out how or why Nina would be talking to her. I guess the singing thing for Deception, or was it just from the Man Landers thing. I hate when this show barely shows any connection between people and then they have a scene like they are bast friends,

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When Dex showed up I like some others thought he was an actual vet just brought in as a day player and I was like ok, that’s cool. But now it looks like he’s not just gonna be a day player and I’m like shit I really don’t need another character to keep track of.  Are he and Chet actual vets though?

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Plus... Whenever I hear the name "Amy" on this show, I think of Amy Vining, who was a much more entertaining character.

To be fair though OG Amy was pretty annoying and also a gossip, that was basically her only story for like twenty years. I think they gave her breast cancer at one point, but what I remember most was her being the hospital busybody. 

Just when I think I can’t hate Carly anymore, I do.  That trademark smirk she gave Nina at the end. I swear I am not a violent person but I really want to punch her sometimes. I didn’t like Ava having to relive Avery’s birth, that was traumatic.  However, since she and Nina were able to get past that (however improbable that is) I think that may actually work in Nina’s favor. 

• Love 7

Oh my god, I cannot with Nina. She is going to go after Willow because she perceives her to be the weakest link of Michael, Willow and Carly. She knows that it was Michael who went after her. And it was Michael who got those that DA to prosecute those charges against her. And Michael who is behind the tabloid 5 part story on her. Michael who actually has a murkier/criminal background than Willow.

But she is going to go after Willow directly, whose crimes were being forced into a sex cult when she was a child, go to jail rather than tell Shiloh where her child conceived from rape was and deciding that she wanted Michael over Chase.

I wish Nina would go after Michael. But she won't.

Cameron take one for the team and sleep with Esme instead. They have chemistry and if can love a serial killer, maybe he could care for the broken child of a serial killer.  Because the moment that Joss meets Dex, I think Joss and Cam's relationship will have a quick end date.

I hate Ava, but Nina should have apologized to her today, because I don't that she ever did and had previously just said she had a breakdown and was not herself. But never apologized truly to either Ava or Sonny for that matter.

(edited)

What is the point of Carly trying to find the truth about Nina's coma birth, if she doesn't plan on actually telling Nina? She was trying to get info from Valentin and she was clearly headed to Charlie's to talk to Phyllis.

In service of what? She doesn't plan on telling Nina she has a daughter. I swear, I'm just so tired of seeing Carly everydamnday. 

So, I'm guessing when Willow comes down with contrivancitus and needs some kind of dna- matched material, Carly will tell.

P.S. I love that Spencer found clues because Esme would never keep shoes from two seasons ago!

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wish Nina would go after Michael. But she won't.

I wish Nina would go Michelle Stafford on Michael. That Nina was batshit.

Things should be pretty awkward when Willow is revealed to be Nina's daughter during the trial. Someone will dig that information up to give Carly a free pass on not telling.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, racked said:

I mean you’re not wrong, but it was mostly an excuse for them to flirt. And since there’s some cute sparklyness there I didn’t mind. 

I just wish the flirting had been written differently. Why not have Trina and Rory talk about their favorite piece of art at the Chuck? Instead it comes across as another swipe at culture.

Still not sold on nuTrina. There's a hesitancy the actor brings to the character that doesn't fit, IMO.

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

What is the point of Carly trying to find the truth about Nina's coma birth, if she doesn't plan on actually telling Nina? She was trying to get info from Valentin and she was clearly headed to Charlie's to talk to Phyllis.

So she has something she can use against Nina. Carly is not one to let things go.

• Love 7

I really detest how the actresses who play Nina and Carly have to constantly brush their hair out of their eyes. Get a cut that doesn’t get in your eyes, girls.

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't mind Nina going after Willow, because Willow is also actively keeping Nina away from Wiley  and her whole "I hate you because you didn't tell me you slept with Sonny, screw you." and she was the one who was all "just give up your rights so Michael will be okay with you eventually down the road." without any real assurances.

#FreeCam. God please free this boy. the best thing for me  that this storyline will finally end with Cam dumping BabyShrew.  (LMAO - "I can't be heartless, i'm not wired that way." - Joss "Unlike me." YES come on Cam, say it. SAY IT). :( he wimped out. 

Like...im sorry. were they just... not going to tell Wiley that Harmony wasn't dead? People keep acting like you need to tell him the entire drama but still? like was this another thing they were going to hold from him until he's 22? I mean I don't have kids or anything like that but my friends do and they'v all experienced death of some kind. pets, animals, actual loved ones.  like yeah it's heartbreaking when little ones have to go through it but it's life. holy moses. 

Drew, who never worked in Media before he created Aurora and Michael - who has never worked in Media before Sam gifted CEO to Aurora to him are saying to Ned we can't make you CEO because you never worked in Media. Shut. Up. 

Again. I'd like any of these dipsticks without saying "but he's not a Quatermaine." why they are pushing Val out when everyone is acknowledging business has been better sine he's been in charge?

and Like i've ranted over and over with in regards to Sonny and "evuler bad guys" it works in triplicate with Carly. Look at ALL THE HARM she has caused etc and no one ever throws it back in her face. Like the entire Nina v Carly conversation, to the point where Nina rightly indicated that yah, she'll go after Willow to be in Wiley's life, but because Willow is his mother, and that impacts Wiley  so even though she's mad at her she can still have empathy over her loss. Nina (rightly) has her crap thrown her her face, but Nina never hides from that. (and I really thought that Ava's sad wistful  smile when she said "People change", was really sweet). The fact that there is no one on the show (minus Nina) who calls Carly on the years of multitude of crap she's thrown, the lives she's destroyed because "she deserved happiness, Im protecting ppl i love."  is mindboggling. And again. again. because she hates Nina, and she wants to win - she's not telling Willow or Nina what she knows or even suspects because it will give Nina leverage, where ALL NINA SAID was she just wants some time. 

I can't even even with this woman. Even Erica Kane got hers at times. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve said it already but despite the fact that LW either leads the episode counts or is #2 behind MB, there appears to be zero interest in a SL centered around her so we’re stuck watching her spend weeks “investigating” something she already knows, then possibly longer keeping the truth and wringing her hands about it in the middle of her daily whining about Nina. 

• Love 6

What's the big deal with the DNA test Willow has to take? It's a swab in the mouth, nothing more invasive. Doesn't Willow want to know what's going on? Ugh.

Shut up, Joss.

Loved Ava's noping out of the Nina/Carly nonsense.

And once again, I have to remind Carly that SHE is the one who wanted the divorce, so her possessiveness of him now is ridiculous. Typical Carly, if she doesn't have the man, no one else can, either, whatever the circumstance.

• Love 7