Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Why are they pursuing the Nina storyline with the dumb necklace, if Nelle is dead?

Nelle is "dead," so that dumb story goes on. Zzzz. I'm not looking forward to watching Nina wear the hair shirt when the reveal finally happens that Nelle is her daughter. And I'm sure Nelle will try to get revenge, also a bore. I wish they'd finish this story up by having that confounded necklace be one of Madeline's cruel jokes. It would be in character for her and then this nonsense would be done.

• Love 2

So I can watched today’s episode. That’s an hour I’ll never get back. So after all the drama ovef whether joss should wear her hair up or down, she does NOTHING with it? Oh wait, she pulled back one side and clipped it. Okay. Honestly the only quasi interesting moment was at the very end when Ava got a call from Ryan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Nooooooo! Cam kisses Joss. Ugh. Gross. Even after Joss fully admitted to him... "I'm not perfect." (OMG SHOCKING!!!)

I love how Sam gets in Cyrus' face and threatens him. Like SHE could do a damn thing to him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I love how Sam gets in Cyrus' face and threatens him. Like SHE could do a damn thing to him. 

She'll sic Jason on him. That's always her big threat.

When is Cyrus going to DO SOMETHING?! This slow burn is not building suspense, IMO, it's making me not care even less than I already don't.

20 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So after all the drama ovef whether joss should wear her hair up or down, she does NOTHING with it? Oh wait, she pulled back one side and clipped it.

And her makeup was pretty minimal for all the talk about which color was better.

I keep missing this detail: Where was Nelle's body found? (Relatedly: Did Lulu have an abortion?)

Nina, if a high school homecoming dance is still a highlight of someone's life 30 years later, I think something is definitely wrong with how they've been living.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

So she setting herself again to get in the middle of something dangerous because she had nothing else to do with her life?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Did that happen, or a COVID kiss?  I guess I missed it right at the end.  Sometimes the editing of the episode was weird.

It was COVID kiss, but still, blech! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like how this whole homecoming thing was about Cam and Joss kissing, while he is clearly enough into Trina. 

They could have skipped all this nonsense. That shit was boring AF.

I swear these teens are more boring than real life teens. Trina is the only one I find somewhat watchable. The other 3 are ffw material. I don’t know, maybe they appeal to fans of their parents because I really feel like I’m missing something with them. 

• Love 2

Carly and Nina talking about how significant this dance was. Really? I don't think that I was even aware if my high school  was having a prom-type dance when I was there.  The makeup and the dresses didn't merit all that build-up.

Dev screws up his courage but Joss turns him down. Then she kisses Cam.  I'm so excited for this storyline. Not.

Sam is secretly following Jason to see what he's doing because he doesn't communicate with her. I just love their marriage.

Is Charly's the only gastropub in town?  Why is Cyrus so determined to get it?  Does he have a body buried there too?

I still don't care about Ava and Nik's mess of a contracted marriage but the actors do have chemistry.

• Love 5
On 10/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, Kiki777 said:

Why are they pursuing the Nina storyline with the dumb necklace,

Well now she's referring to her possibly dead, possibly alive child as 'he or she.' I guess the writers think we're on the edge of our seats wondering who it is and whether Nina will find him/her. Newsflash: we never cared!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly and Nina talking about how significant this dance was. Really? I don't think that I was even aware if my high school  was having a prom-type dance when I was there.

I was always aware of them—the formal dances were a big deal, but if you didn't go, there were no social ramifications. In fact, my friends and I would often have "reject" parties that were more fun than the dances. We'd stay the night at someone's house and eat all sorts of crap. Maybe we'd go to a movie first.

All the pre-dance was boring (especially that stupid photo montage), but I did like Cam and Trina begging Portia and Elizabeth to be the cool chaperones at the dance, hee. That was nicely done.

Sam is secretly following Jason to see what he's doing because he doesn't communicate with her. I just love their marriage.

Well, he doesn't! However, this is nothing new. The writers have no idea what to do with Sam, it's painfully clear. What's the over/under on her being captured and sexually threatened by Cyrus/his minions? That hasn't happened for a while with her, so she's due.

I still don't care about Ava and Nik's mess of a contracted marriage but the actors do have chemistry.

As usual, the writing for them as a couple is so juvenile: "Did you like the sex?" "Did you?" "I asked you first." Heavy sigh.

• Love 3
On 9/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, statsgirl said:

Catching up on last Thursday's episode.  Sonny really needs to shave, or find someone to shave him. He's looking like a homeless addict.

I can tell when I’m really bored with storylines because stuff like this starts to bug. It’s always bothered me when one of them can go to the effort to put on a suit but can’t shave; it’s particularly noticeable on Sonny given his stubble isn’t shoe polish black. 

13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Well now she's referring to her possibly dead, possibly alive child as 'he or she.' I guess the writers think we're on the edge of our seats wondering who it is and whether Nina will find him/her. Newsflash: we never cared!

Maybe it’s because we had the fake-daughter Sasha storyline, but I also noticed the shift from assuming it was a daughter to “my child” and now “he or she.” I guess the anvils drop slowly sometimes. 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I can tell when I’m really bored with storylines because stuff like this starts to bug. It’s always bothered me when one of them can go to the effort to put on a suit but can’t shave; it’s particularly noticeable on Sonny given his stubble isn’t shoe polish black. 

Maybe it’s because we had the fake-daughter Sasha storyline, but I also noticed the shift from assuming it was a daughter to “my child” and now “he or she.” I guess the anvils drop slowly sometimes. 

Ew.  Maybe her child is Dev.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Ew.  Maybe her child is Dev.

And now I'm having flashbacks of Linda Dano bulldozing through the entire ABCD lineup as Rae looked for her long-lost kid, whose sex and AGE she seemed not to know.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2020 at 2:27 PM, TVbitch said:

C'mon now, give her more credit. She can totally smack him with one of her stilletos! That would cause a cut.

On 10/2/2020 at 3:47 PM, dubbel zout said:

Nina, if a high school homecoming dance is still a highlight of someone's life 30 years later, I think something is definitely wrong with how they've been living.

That is in-character for Nina; she has never really stopped thinking like a young 20-something (?) woman who went into a coma. Her maturity as a woman is definitely stunted. You could see it in how Nina 1 interacted with teenage Molly during the brief "marriage" to Ric, and you have seen it with Nina 2's interactions with Sasha's and now Jax's ex-wife and daughter. 

18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like how this whole homecoming thing was about Cam and Joss kissing, while he is clearly enough into Trina. 

That was set-up with how Trina was giving Cam "I don't want to be here" vibes even before they set foot on the Haunted Star, whereas Cam and Joss have been sparkly toward each other for a while. It seems that WL and EM are very comfortable with each other, because the (COVID-non) kiss looked much more natural than the awkward actual kiss Cam and Trina shared a few months ago.  I think WL has been doing a good job of playing that Cam really cares about both girls as his friends, and feels a connection/attraction to both of them, which creates an angsty situation for him.  I actually like seeing him feel some normal teenage stress instead of the trauma of a kidnapping or the stress caused by hearing his mother get bashed at school and his life in upheaval because of Franco's actions (or not considering consequences, depending on your perspective).

I assume Trina is going to see them kissing, feel hurt and run off?

I laughed at Dev feeling rejected by Josslyn's smiling "everyone thinks we're family" stuff. Dev, remember isn't that the point of the cover story meant to protect you from getting killed? Also Dev,  why not go and try to date a girl who is not the one teenage female living in the same house with you? 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I laughed at Dev feeling rejected by Josslyn's smiling "everyone thinks we're family" stuff. Dev, remember isn't that the point of the cover story meant to protect you from getting killed? Also Dev,  why not go and try to date a girl who is not the one teenage female living in the same house with you? 

I know. I'm sure because Dev is such a catch (*rme*) that if he and Joss did date no one would say boo that he's family. I know it's not a superclose connection, but IRL if I knew a friend was dating her whatever-degree cousin, I'd give it serious side eye. You aren't the Hapsbourgs! Find someone you're not related to in any way! (I know it's impossible in PC.) Again and again the show shoots itself in the foot by making everyone related.

Joss and Dev aren't cousins or anything, but they are foster siblings, so NO

Maybe Nina's child is Spinelli, you know they have to find some way to slip his dirty little behind into a story.

• Love 2

In my opinion, the story of Nina's child is played out at this point. I no longer care who her child is. Again, IMO, the show really dropped the ball when they didn't reveal Willow as Nina's daughter when Michelle Stafford was in the role. The animosity between those two characters/actresses at that time was great. We all knew Willow was going to be her daughter. It was the classic soap story. Nina learns her daughter is the same young woman she's treated so viciously and cruelly.  Nina wants to make amends, but her daughter wants nothing to do with her. I was interested then. MS left. Nina and Willow became friendly, and then they dropped hints that Nelle was the daughter. I was interested again because I thought Chloe was going to be on the show, and it would be more interesting than Willow at this point. But now Nelle is "dead," and I frankly don't care anymore. They have dragged this story out way too long in my opinion. I just want Nina to find her child and shut up. I'm over the whole thing. 

I loved the Nava scenes. I hope they tell each other about the blackmail. They are super cute and sparkly together unlike JaSam. 

I just don't feel anything with these two anymore. I haven't in a long time but this week's scenes just highlighted it for me. I loved their first time together despite my hatred of Jason. I thought they were super sparkly and great! The SOS ruined them for me. I loved the new incarnation of them when Billy Miller was Jason. I actually loved SB's Jason jumping through the skylight to save Sam, but I don't know what happened. The show didn't capitalize off any of that. They were kept apart for months and even though they're together now, we don't see them as a couple. They don't have cute, couple scenes. I never see them with their kids or as a couple.  For me, they are deader than dead. Both actors could benefit from different romantic partners. 

As far as the teens go - I am beyond sick of Josslyn being played as the "it" girl while Trina is in the background. It's just not cool. I would have rather seen Josslyn moving in to kiss Cameron, and Cameron back off and friendzone her the way she friendzoned poor Dev! That would have been hilarious to me! I don't care for Josslyn and don't even think she really likes Cameron. She was suddenly interested in him when she learned that he and Trina kissed. I saw no interest in him from her prior to that. 

• Love 12

Joss is Carly's daughter, and Dev "is" a Corbin like Sonny. They're not related at all even if you buy the story that Dev is Brando's son.

What's too close is cultural though. I help settling refugees and the first two Arabic families had couples who married first cousins. I think both of those were arranged by the families because they can then be sure who the partner is and where he/she comes from.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume Trina is going to see them kissing, feel hurt and run off?

That's a test I'm setting the writers,  If they play it like that, they're hacks. It's also unfair to Trina to already feels like crap because she's missing her father.

It does look like they're pivoting to Nina having a son after making it a daughter forever but Is there any guy on the show who is a possibility? Dev is too young, Dustin is too old, and we're pretty sure of Chase's and Michael's paternities..

• Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It does look like they're pivoting to Nina having a son after making it a daughter forever but Is there any guy on the show who is a possibility? Dev is too young, Dustin is too old, and we're pretty sure of Chase's and Michael's paternities..

Brando? The actor is 34 

Chase? What if he was adopted or switched at birth?

Dustin?

But in the last episode they still had Nina wearing the heart pendant front and center while talking to Carly. So it is only a matter of time before Carly sees the same pendant on Avery and realizes it had to be dropped by Nelle, and then keeps it from Nina. I really don't get what they are doing. Nelle is sort of beyond redemption point after slashing Brooklyn. Although if she showed back up just in time to exonerte Carly who is charged with her death, then of course the whole town would bow at her feet. 

It is WAY too soon for another Joss love story. I still have PTSD from Oscar, so this Cam kiss better be a red herring. 

• Love 4

I don't understand why they went the Nelle route for Nina's daughter when the actress is just coming and going from the show. The story puttered away a long time ago. They should have cut their losses by saying that the kid had good life, but tragically died at some point rather than dragging this nonsense along. 

I guess Carly could always swab Wylie and a run DNA test to see if he is Nina's grandson. We know she is going to latch on to that child in the most unhealthy way. And maybe that's the whole reason they decided to make Nina her daughter. Because Wylie cannot have enough people obsessing or fawning over him.

Anyway, whatever emotional impact this story could have had, it's long gone and the writers have no one to blame but themselves.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, lala2 said:

I don't care for Josslyn and don't even think she really likes Cameron. She was suddenly interested in him when she learned that he and Trina kissed. I saw no interest in him from her prior to that. 

THIS! I also never saw any interest from Mini-SheBeast's side. Of course, I wasn't watching when they first SORAS'd her ass and pre-Oscar coming onto the scene. But it wasn't until Trina told her about the kiss, that she perked up and decided SHE also "likes him! likes him!" and so that kiss was NOTHING, and they are ALL FRIENDS now, y'hear? But if things change, only SHE gets Cameron. Because she's the SheBeast's daughter and just like her mother, she can NEVER LOSE.

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Nelle is sort of beyond redemption point after slashing Brooklyn.

Is she? When you have a SERIAL KILLER who the showrunners say is "REDEEMED" because TUMAH! everything is off the table. There is no such thing as irredeemable these past few decades.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

And now I'm having flashbacks of Linda Dano bulldozing through the entire ABCD lineup as Rae looked for her long-lost kid, whose sex and AGE she seemed not to know.

Oh dear god please don’t remind me of that! I nearly destroyed my poor tv on more than one occasion during that clusterfuck.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, lala2 said:

Again, IMO, the show really dropped the ball when they didn't reveal Willow as Nina's daughter when Michelle Stafford was in the role.

They should have paid MS more to get her to stay, at least long enough to resolve this storyline.  They'd pay men more, see: SBu, MoB, RoHo. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lala2 said:

In my opinion, the story of Nina's child is played out at this point. I no longer care who her child is. 

I never cared. GH has gone to this well way too many times, and this story has been going on for years. It's ridiculous the reveal hasn't happened yet. This isn't a story where a slow burn works—the "clues" dropped have been all over the place, and when no one knows the sekrit (characters or audience), there's no suspense. I still want all of this to be Madeline's last cruel joke on Nina. Just end the dumb story, FFS.

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

It is WAY too soon for another Joss love story. I still have PTSD from Oscar, so this Cam kiss better be a red herring. 

I'm legit surprised we haven't seen Joss bemoaning that any new boyfriend will be cheating on Oscar somehow. On the other hand, it kind of cracks me up that now she seems to be all "Oscar who?" 

Edited by dubbel zout
a bit of clarity
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

The only long lost kid I think anyone would be interested in seeing is Mac* finding out he's got a biological child he did not know existed but that would kill my long held theory that Mac is the only person in Port Charles who paid attention in sex ed and learned how to properly use birth control.

*Mac is the best parent on this show and I, for one, welcome more Scorpios.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is she? When you have a SERIAL KILLER who the showrunners say is "REDEEMED" because TUMAH! everything is off the table. There is no such thing as irredeemable these past few decades.

I love Franco, but you're right! But not only Franco . . . . there is Valentin, Nikolas, Ava, Sonny, Jason, and Peter. All of these characters either murdered ppl or attempted to murder someone, and they are ALL walking around PC living their best lives. I guess I just don't see how Nelle's throat slashing is so much worse than the crimes multiple other cast members have committed. LOL!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I love Franco, but you're right! But not only Franco . . . . there is Valentin, Nikolas, Ava, Sonny, Jason, and Peter. All of these characters either murdered ppl or attempted to murder someone, and they are ALL walking around PC living their best lives. I guess I just don't see how Nelle's throat slashing is so much worse than the crimes multiple other cast members have committed. LOL!  

Even the "good" guys aren't so good anymore.  How many people participated in stealing Ryan's kidney?  Monica and Bobbie were complicit after the fact in Carly's attempted murder of Nelle to get Wiley's surgery. And Chase helped cover that up by refusing to investigate.  

• Love 6

Showing Cam's back as he was "kissing" Joss was pretty clever blocking, I thought.

"Cyrus is getting more aggressive." How can Jason tell?

What was said in the Ava/Ryan phone call? The news conference cut in after Ryan said Ava had to visit him to find out what he wanted.

Stella, the reason "the past intrudes into the present" with Jordan is because you constantly brought up her relationship and cheating of Tommy.

• Love 2

Man, the show is going hard with restructuring Nikolas and Ava's dynamic, aren't they? It's nice he showed contrition today for how he used Kiki's death to manipulate Ava, but to characterize their relationship as simple petty, back-and-forth bickering is just not wholly accurate. He's been dismissive and demeaning towards her for the entirety of their marriage, and the sudden attraction and feelings he has for her now seems like the show trying to course correct. And I don't disapprove of that, but like...just because Nikolas didn't murder anyone like Ryan doesn't make his treatment of Ava okay. Still a lot of repair work to go, there.

Portia and Liz at the dance gossiping by themselves, far removed from any kids, is a loose interpretation of the word "chaperoning," hee. Obviously I get why it was framed that way, but it's still amusing. Cam's girl dilemma doesn't seem too complicated to me; Joss is his long-time dream girl who he feels drawn to due to their history, and Trina is the girl who unexpectedly snuck into his heart out of a genuine emotional connection. He's hyped Joss up as the perfect fantasy and that's confusing him from recognizing how good he and Trina are for each other.

I paid little to no attention to Sonny and Jason and whatever plan they have brewing with Brando, so I'll just assume it was something dumb and for Sonny's benefit and move along with my day accordingly. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Cyrus is getting more aggressive." How can Jason tell?

Sam and Brando told him so.  For all of Jason's supposed investigating of Cyrus, Sam is the one who told him that Cyrus was coming after Julian's pub and Brando is the one who told him that Cyrus was sniffing around the garage.  

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What was said in the Ava/Ryan phone call?

"You love me.  You miss me". 

"No I don't". 

"I want you to come visit me, I have something important to tell you."  

'When hell freezes over (paraphrasing)

"I get angry when ignored"

That was the gist of it, which she figured he had something big and decided she was going to go see him despite both Julian and Nik warning her not to.  

• Love 2

Thanks, @perkie1968. I figured if Ryan wants Ava to visit, he's not going to say too much over the phone. 

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Portia and Liz at the dance gossiping by themselves, far removed from any kids, is a loose interpretation of the word "chaperoning," hee. Obviously I get why it was framed that way, but it's still amusing.

I really liked their talk. Two mothers who care about their kids and their kids' friends, and (for now) aren't trying to force anything to happen.

• Love 6

Co-sign on praise for Maura West. Her lip quivering as she talked to Ryan on the phone was lovely. And subtle.  Also good makeup. Not only did her lipstick and nail polish match again, I thought her eyeshadow was better than Trina's.

I guess they're going full steam ahead on Nic/Ava since he apologized for gaslighting her.

Sonny and Jason meeting secretly with Brando to discuss strategy OUT ON THE DOCKS WHERE ANYONE COULD WALK BY. They agree that "the family" is the important thing. Which family? The Corinthos/Corbin family? Or the Corinthos mob family? I hate to see Brando get sucked into the mob too.

23 minutes ago, Linny said:

Cam's girl dilemma doesn't seem too complicated to me; Joss is his long-time dream girl who he feels drawn to due to their history, and Trina is the girl who unexpectedly snuck into his heart out of a genuine emotional connection. He's hyped Joss up as the perfect fantasy and that's confusing him from recognizing how good he and Trina are for each other.

I really hope this is how it works out because I'm so tired of Carly Jr. getting everything just like the rest of her family.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hate to see Brando get sucked into the mob too.

I hate that he wants to be a part of it. I also think that in some ways he has no choice, because if he doesn't deliberately join Sonny's side, Cyrus will find a way to force him to be on his side. Might as well go with the devil you sort of know.

Of course, his first mistake was deciding to stay in Port Charles instead of returning to Chicago. I hope he regrets that choice. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Cam's girl dilemma doesn't seem too complicated to me; Joss is his long-time dream girl who he feels drawn to due to their history, and Trina is the girl who unexpectedly snuck into his heart out of a genuine emotional connection. He's hyped Joss up as the perfect fantasy and that's confusing him from recognizing how good he and Trina are for each other.

Yes Cam and Joss have history, but I don't get the impression that whatever his more-than-friendship feelings for her are add up to just a teen boy's dream. While Joss and Oscar were broken up, Cam and Joss were having some fun and they kissed. Both were into it. WL's acting was on-point today as he spoke to Dev. If the show was trying to make Dev seem like a sneaky jerk, I believed it.  He was certainly acting like Sonny today. The way he got nasty toward Cam after witnessing that kiss, I half expected him to call Cam a playboy, or "Candyboy." This Joss-Cam-Trina triangle is none of his business as he was not part of all their times together; he doesn't get to demand that Cam friendzone both girls. I don't feel sorry for Dev that's he pissed off and really jealous that Joss friendzoned him and then kissed Cam.  He's not entitled to any kind of romantic relationship with Joss especially because they're supposed to be family per his hero Sonny's actions.  Cam, dear, - Dev isn't your friend. That's quite clear. I'm really wondering if Dev is going to tell Trina that he saw the kiss to hurt the Joss/Trina friendship, or say stuff out of spite to make Joss or Cam doubt each other's feelings/intentions and friendship. I don't believe for one second that Dev actually cares about Trina's feelings. He just wanted to make Cam feel like he's a bad guy/crappy friend. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I really liked their talk. Two mothers who care about their kids and their kids' friends, and (for now) aren't trying to force anything to happen.

This.  I really like seeing Elizabeth have an honest conversation with another mother, and thinking only about her son - his feelings, what he's been through.  Even when Elizabeth gets a chance to have conversations with other women, it pretty much always has something to do with Franco when it's not mostly or all about him. Elizabeth was a mom raising Cam way before she ever met Franco. I enjoy seeing scenes that are only about her as a mother and one or all three of her boys.

• Love 3

I thought Dev was spot on about Cameron, even if he was only saying it because he was jealous and wanted Joss's attention for himself. Cameron claims he doesn't want to ruin their friendship or string people along, but that's exactly what he's doing.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If the show was trying to make Dev seem like a sneaky jerk, I believed it.  He was certainly acting like Sonny today. The way he got nasty toward Cam after witnessing that kiss, I half expected him to call Cam a playboy, or "Candyboy." This Joss-Cam-Trina triangle is none of his business as he was not part of all their times together; he doesn't get to demand that Cam friendzone both girls. I don't feel sorry for Dev that's he pissed off and really jealous that Joss friendzoned him and then kissed Cam.  He's not entitled to any kind of romantic relationship with Joss especially because they're supposed to be family per his hero Sonny's actions. 

I don't understand this. Didn't Miss Mini-SheBeast kiss Dev months ago and he rejected her? Is he now like dog in the manger or something? Not that I care, but I'm confused by this new direction. 

Oh, wait. I keep forgetting this fakakta show keeps retconning shit.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, sppa125 said:

I thought Dev was spot on about Cameron, even if he was only saying it because he was jealous and wanted Joss's attention for himself. Cameron claims he doesn't want to ruin their friendship or string people along, but that's exactly what he's doing.

I completely disagree. Dev's line implied that Cam wanted to kiss someone, and since Joss was there he went for her instead of Trina. Dev doesn't know a damn thing about Cam and Joss's history or recent conversations, and we know Joss certainly doesn't confide in him. He was not part of the dynamic when Cam and Trina were kidnapped, to have any idea of the complexities they have been and are experiencing. He was acting like some young underclassman who was mad that he saw a popular high school senior he's been friendly with kissing the girl he has a crush on.

Cam is not stringing anyone along - that implies "I'm not really into you at all/anymore but I'll let you think I'm invested because of X reasons." He just openly said to Dev he's confused, and isn't sure what he feels for either girl.

25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't understand this. Didn't Miss Mini-SheBeast kiss Dev months ago and he rejected her? Is he now like dog in the manger or something? Not that I care, but I'm confused by this new direction. 

Yes. I believe she kissed Dev because she was open to moving on from Oscar and Trina told her that Dev liked her/she thought Dev was behaving as though he liked Joss. Dev stopped her, no explanation. Then recently, he tells Brando he likes a girl (the description is obviously Joss) but he blew it when she made a move.    Anyway, I find Joss being into Cam much more believable than her everrrr being into Dev. 

I would like to see the Trina-Cam-Joss triangle playout without interference from Dev. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

LOL! My sister asked me the same thing. Yes, Dev did reject Josslyn.  At that time, the writers probably didn't have a story in mind for Dev. Who knows? The writers are soooo bad.  It now seems like they want to keep Dev, so he's back to being interested in her. (insert shrug emoji here) LOL :) 

I actually liked Dev today. He was being manipulative, and it was interesting to me. Gave his character some depth.  I think he and Josslyn could work well together. I have zero interest in seeing Cameron with Josslyn. Cameron's dilemma is odd to me b/c I thought he was genuinely interested in Trina. He was talking to Franco about liking Trina and wanting to go to the dance w/her as his date. It seemed like he was going to actually tell her how he felt, but then he ran into Josslyn, kissed her, and is now confused. Does he like both girls? I guess I thought he was more interested in Trina than Josslyn. Oh well. 

I loved the Nava scenes. I am happy that Nikolas apologized. Yes, I know it's quick, but the writers should have never had him outright despising and hating her from the start. It should have always been a "hate" that could easily fall into love. The actors have loads of chemistry, so they should have been playing up the sexual tension since before COVID! Anyway . . . I like the progression w/them as a couple. It's working for me. 

I don't really have too many thoughts on Tolly and Brando and SaSon. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 2

I don't take it very seriously about who likes who in the teen group. They are teenagers. They fall in like and out of like pretty quickly. Since the show isn't going to bring in any new teens to interact with them, I imagine that they keep mix/matching until the show finally decides who will be paired together.

If I am not mistaken, I think they have all made a move on each other. Trina asked out Dev and he turned her down. Joss kissed Dev and he turned her down. Trina and Cam kissed each other, but then backed away from each other. Now Dev is interested in Joss. Joss and Cam had kissed. And Trina is thinking maybe something about Cam. The side of this teen square would be if Dev/Trina turned to each other because they think that Joss/Cam want to be together.

• Love 3

Compared to the writing for Chase/Willow/Michael/Sasha, I think that the teen romantic drama has been pretty well done.

Cameron's had a crush on Joss since she first had feelings for Oscar; Trina thought Dev was cute and a catch when he first arrived (??? but she's a high school kid) but now she and Cameron are developing non-friendship feelings after being kidnapped; Dev liked Joss; now that she's getting over Oscar, Joss is possessive of Cameron and is seeing him as a potential boyfriend.

It makes sense and I'm glad that WL is in the middle and not EM oe the kid who plays Dev.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I have had to wear my sunglasses all day after seeing Trina’s dress and EYE SHADOW. Do those people even own a mirror?!?! That child is 16 years old.

16 is the age you can get away with it. Can you imagine that on a 76 year old?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4