Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did she really expect to stay with Chase indefinitely?

Holy crap she was riding on my last nerve today.  Although I thought it was hilarious that he's already annoyed with her living with him when it's literally been a day (based on where everyone else is in their storyline)

Annoying line of the day: Brook to Ned:  "Im still the person I was before the attack".  

Me:  Then change you're effin' ways you dumb brat.  

Looks like Lulu had the Prop Sonny job today.  It was her turn to tell him that he's the most wonderful of all the wonderfuls.  

• Love 4

I think Jax should absolutely go to Mike's funeral, considering how often Sonny barges into Jax's life when he's unwanted. Jax can say he's there for Joss, which is a totally legit reason to be there.

15 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Looks like Lulu had the Prop Sonny job today.  It was her turn to tell him that he's the most wonderful of all the wonderfuls.  

I thought it was kind of WTF when Sonny asked Lulu how she'd feel if Rocco treated Dante the way he'd treated Mike. For one thing, Lulu will likely talk to Rocco about it. I always get the idea that Adela let Sonny hate Mike because of her own feelings about it, and once she married Deke, that avenue was permanently closed.

• Love 4

I loved Ava's matching lipstick and nail polish. I appreciate it when someone takes the time to be put together.

Jax doesn't want Jason or Sonny to know, so of course Carly wants to tell both the first chance when things have died down a little.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She probably should avoid stilettos, but a nice chunky heel is fine. Sam is the one who would wither and die if she couldn't wear six-inch heels.

I remember platform heels. It seemed like a new sprained ankle popped up every couple of days.

• Love 2

Ava showing up at the docks with a gun is such an Ava thing to do. I have no idea who could be blackmailing them. 

Nelle is dead dead, or "dead." I'm assuming that's what Chase was called in for interrupting his charming conversation with BL. Chase is too patient. It's like he has to take care of this child who is stuck in a woman's body. 

I guess Julian is fucked if Nelle is really dead.

They finally allowed the TJ actor to show some acting range. He is always smiling, happy go lucky. I can't even take him seriously when he's angry, because his anger is so controlled. But Stella asking him how he was and pushing and allowing him to be very vulnerable was good and the actor did well. 

I find the show is trying too hard to create a bunch of mysteries. So Jason and Brandon are working together on something mysterious. There's someone holding Holly against her will and there's some person pulling the strings at the WSB. There's someone blackmailing Ava and Nikolas. It becomes too much eventually.

• Love 3
On 9/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, perkie1968 said:

Dear Show, I do not beleive for one minute that Dev has feelings for Joss, nor that he would talk to Brando about it.  

Sonny to Carly:  How am I going to tell Avery that her grandfather died.    Ten minutes later, Sonny to Avery:  "Honey, Grandpa died".  Wow, that took such effort to figure out the exact words.  I

Molly: <with giant eyes>   

Oh look Carly, got a haircut on the way home from Turning Woods!  Also, Jason scar healed on the way home from Turning Woods.  

I don't believe Dev has feelings for Joss either.  Maybe because there is zero chemistry in the moments he's been close to Joss/Eden.  His acting doesn't sell what is written in the script. He also has zero chemistry with the Trina actress.  I also don't believe he would go to Brando about a girl because he hasn't previously even had a one-on-scene with Brando to my knowledge.

Sonny talking to Carly about how he doesn't want to "hurt" Avery with this news I think was just supposed to be more Emmy bait for MB. Avery is 4 years old, and has seen Mike here and there. I think the only time he was alone with her for awhile, he kept calling her by her deceased aunt's name. She did not have a strong connection with this man, to be oh so hurt and sad or devastated that he's gone. In contrast, my cousin's 4-year-old daughter saw (until COVID) her grandparents every week. They were "nanny care" when my cousin and her husband were at work, were present for all holidays and birthdays, etc. I imagine it would be very difficult to have a conversation with her if one of her always-there grandparents became ill and passed away.  The time for Sonny to be all worried about hurting Avery was when her sister Kiki was murdered. Kiki was the one who spent a lot of time with Avery and gave her on-screen hugs. 

Molly's reaction to most situations is giant eyes. It's ridiculous.  When she was watching with giant eyes as TJ asked Brando to play basketball in the future, you would think Molly is pregnant and fears that TJ will somehow figure out he is not the father in that  conversation. 

Hey, don't underestimate the perks of on-call/drive-home service when you're in the Mob!

On 9/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Funnily enough (well not really), Avery was allegedly close with Kiki who also died. So unless she doesn't remember her, then the writers could have easily inserted that Grandpa and Kiki are now hanging out together, or whatever.

That would have been the logical thing, yes. But I doubt the writers or even Sonny remember Kiki at this point. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, perkie1968 said:

But they aren't.  Joss is Sonny's stepdaugher.  Dev is supposed to be Sonny's father's cousin's grandson.  The math is too hard on my brain, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make them related in any way shape or form.  Maybe there's a step something or other but it's too far removed.  

They are not related. Dev is essentially Josslyn's foster brother. It's beyond a bad idea to have two teenagers in the same house dating/crushing on each other. Dev needs to actually talk to teenagers not named Joss, Cam, and Trina. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:55 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish I could like this post a GAZILLION MILLION TIMES!

I find it really insulting how this show is handling Osteoporosis as some DREADED DISEASE! 🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

Seriously.  A long-time family friend had serious osteoporosis (various falls and injuries over the years).  However, she passed away years ago because of something that got into her lungs and compromised her breathing. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:32 PM, dubbel zout said:

Are Lulu and Elizabeth on good terms? Or is this a matter of disliking Cyrus enough they can talk? They so rarely interact I can't remember.

They are on good terms, more or less. Lulu stopped hating Elizabeth for cheating on Lucky a long time ago. The last time they really interacted regularly and were friendly with each other was approx. a year ago, during the "our children Charlotte and Aiden are cousins but enemies because Charlotte is bullying Aiden" storyline.  I think Lulu telling Elizabeth that Laura would be glad to help her out financially if needed, and bringing up her memories of being the little sis during the Nikolas/Lucky/Elizabeth/Emily teen history, was intended to show that these former SILs are on good terms. 

ETA: I guess Maxie is being chem tested with Brando, to give her a place to go when the Peter situation blows up. She seems to find Brando attractive, is totally unenthusiastic about having a third kid and possibly a new, bigger car for kiddos. I guess the rage and pain when Peter is exposed will cause a miscarriage?

I was wondering if the mystery hand who knows Robert/is holding Holly hostage will turn out to be Jerry Jax. Maybe he's working with Alex, who knows.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

I assume that we don't see the mystery person because it's someone we know. An Alex/Jerry team-up could be fun.

However now the person blackmailing Nik and Ava is also unknown Two mysterious villains is too muh.

44 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I guess the rage and pain when Peter is exposed will cause a miscarriage?

From your typewriter to Frank's ears.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

From your typewriter to Frank's ears.

😂I'm just trying to figure out where this is going, and it seemed like Maxie's overall lack of enthusiasm about another baby + Anna's rant to Robert spelling out Peter's guilt + Peter's anxiety about being exposed = he is going to be exposed and Maxie's "permanent connection" to him will subsequently be lost.

Also, to the poster who asked about Maxie taking bitch lessons from Sam and Carly - it's unnecessary because Maxie has had bitch behavior down since she was a teenager.  The memory that sticks out to me was when the Webber boys were little.  She said something to Elizabeth about how Matt, Maxie-s then boyfriend,  would never be attracted to someone with baby spit-up/smells on her clothing.

• Love 3

Oh no you di'int"! Do not come at Chase with that attitude, Brooklyn! I swear to God if they have him fall for that ungrateful, snearing, whiny, poor me baby I will lose my shit!!!

OMG that break-up speech Bobbie gave Scotty is something that should not be coming out of the mouth of anyone over 25. ....okay maybe 30. ...okay 40 tops! 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, stop your whining, Bobbie. You deserved to get the boot from GH. You acted illegally and unethically. Sucks to pay the consequences, doesn't it?

The whole 'this is all Cyrus Renault's fault" song is being sung by everyone in town and it's already gotten old.  She committed a crime, though I guess when you see your son-in-law literally get away with murder on the regular, doesn't seem like that big a deal.

The Molly actress is just...not good.  I suspect if they actually show the commitment ceremony, she'll confesssleeping with Brando in the middle of their vows (or whatever you want to call them, since I guess calling them vows enables the patriarchy, per her) with the same breathless, bug-eyed expression she uses to express everything.  Then Sam will scream at Brando that this is ALL HIS FAULT and he'll just sit there with his "fuck my life" face, which, can't blame him there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

However now the person blackmailing Nik and Ava is also unknown Two mysterious villains is too muh.

Speculations around the interwebs is that it's Scotty, as hired by Franco and Liz.  Which is where he went in the middle of his drinks with Bobbie.  But I'm not sure NIk would give him the money.  Scotty doesn't have the big bad feel to him to be able to push Nik to give him money and he's buddies with Ava, so not sure about that speculation.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I never understood how that blackmail was going to work.  Nelle had no actual proof, papers or recordings or anything.  It was literally her word against Julian's and she's wackadoo.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I never understood how that blackmail was going to work.  Nelle had no actual proof, papers or recordings or anything.  It was literally her word against Julian's and she's wackadoo.  

The thing is, the characters will believe anything that suits them. Nelle told Spinelli about Shiloh and Peter. He was like well she's Nelle, so she's crazy, but I believe her. Then he bugs Brando's garage to catch Brando doing something against Sonny, but catches Peter on his phone call instead.

Also, was I the only one who forgot that Bobbie and Scotty were seeing each other? I was extremely confused by the whole thing. Then they break up because Scotty has been cheating on her. How fucking random was that.

• Love 1

I find Maxie's apathy about her pregnancy interesting because I don't see her as having been that interested in parenthood to start with.  She was all in on giving Georgie to Lante the instant she found out about Spin knocking her up, she's not really into having this child and I think she was only as happy about James because of Nathan.  And, of course, after he died she had that pregnancy to get her through.

IDK, just find it interesting.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why? Her blackmail threat goes away, he's no longer married to her, and he can get on with his life. Sounds like a good deal.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think Nelle was counting on Sonny hating Julian enough to believe anything. Sonny hates Nelle, too, but it's not an outrageous jump to believe that Julian did know about the Wiley shenanigans with Brad. And I think Sonny would seize any reason to take action against Julian.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I didn’t even know Bobbie and Scott were dating so I’m not sure what the point of that break-up was. Are they actually planning on doing something with either of them?

Yeah, what?  I had been unclear on their status for a while so I dunno why the show brought it up now just to break them up.  And I hate that Bobbie keeps getting to dump Scotty, she sucks.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why? Her blackmail threat goes away, he's no longer married to her, and he can get on with his life. Sounds like a good deal.

She left a letter with Martin saying "in the event of my death please give to" I can't remember who, but it supposedly has all the Julian dirt in it.  That's why he broke into Martin's office looking for it, as she had told him about it at some point.

• Useful 2

I thought Scotty might be the one blackmailing Nikolas and Ava. I don't know. By Nikolas's reaction, he definitely knows the person, and that might explain why Scotty left from his date w/Bobbie. And in the preview, it appears Ava is speaking to a man in a suit, so I thought it could be Scotty. I guess we'll see. 

Oh, please let yesterday be the LAST day we see Ned talk to his brat of a daughter. I'm beyond over her. I hate that Chase is being stuck w/her.  He went from a baby-obsessed psycho to a tween, womanchild! It's not good. 

I liked the TJ scenes w/Stella. It's about time they flesh TJ out a bit. If he's going to be on the show, write for him! I may not have said this on this board, but I wish the whole TJ/Molly/Brando stuff had played out differently. In my world, TJ would have been kidnapped for longer than a couple of days or whatever short period of time it turned out to be. I think it was weeks in real time, but then they acted like it had only been a day or two. IMO, the ruined the whole thing w/Molly.  Her reaction made sense if weeks had gone by, but if it had only been two days, then she way overreacting.  Anyway, I would have kept him away for a month or 6 weeks or so - long enough for Molly and Brando to start dating and liking each other, and then TJ would be returned. There would be no secret. TJ would know his mother convinced Molly TJ had left her and that she had moved on. I would rather see a TJ/Molly/Brando triangle than this lame secret. This is not the kind of drama I want to see. LOL!  Molly should have just been honest from the start. Again, if he had been "radio silent" for a few weeks, her reaction (sleeping w/Brando)  is more understandable than him only being gone a day or two. 

I still don't understand why Carly thinks Sonny would care if Nelle fell from a cliff. This is a lame secret to keep from your mob boss husband. He purposefully kills ppl all the time, so why would he care if Nelle accidentally died.  Admittedly, I don't watch CarJax scenes so maybe they explained her motivation but it makes no sense to me. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nelle left a letter behind with the lawyer in case she died. Julian broke into the office looking for the letter, but it's the briefcase.

It makes sense that Scotty is the blackmailer, or at least the bagman, because both Nik and Ava recognized him. But why would it have been set up by Franco and Liz? I don't get any vibe that Liz wants Nik to stay with Ava.  If anyone is behind this PI stuff, Spencer would make more sense hiring someone to tail Ava and the person decided to sprezd out..

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, was I the only one who forgot that Bobbie and Scotty were seeing each other? I was extremely confused by the whole thing. Then they break up because Scotty has been cheating on her. How fucking random was that.

I thought that Bobbie broke up with him because he was a lousy boyfriend and didn't pay enough attention to her. During a date he invited her on to make her feel better about getting fired and brainstorm about what she can do next. Bobbie really is Carly's mother.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It makes sense that Scotty is the blackmailer, or at least the bagman, because both Nik and Ava recognized him. But why would it have been set up by Franco and Liz? I don't get any vibe that Liz wants Nik to stay with Ava.  If anyone is behind this PI stuff, Spencer would make more sense hiring someone to tail Ava and the person decided to sprezd out..

I'm thinking it might be Franco/Liz behind it because they had a scene the other day with 'we need to talk' and then they didn't show anything.  IDK, maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but the idea of them sticking it to Nava appeals to me--and is very soapy!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She left a letter with Martin saying "in the event of my death please give to" I can't remember who, but it supposedly has all the Julian dirt in it.  That's why he broke into Martin's office looking for it, as she had told him about it at some point.

Oh, right. I forgot all about that! That feels like ages ago.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

If anyone is behind this PI stuff, Spencer would make more sense

That's what I was thinking, too. Just because the news is out that Spencer and Nik have teamed up doesn't mean they can't still team up. But I really don't care who's behind it, because I find this part of the story so gross.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

to keep from your mob boss husband. He purposefully kills ppl all the time,

This is a character who chooses to inflict pain and suffering for a living and yet the audience is expected to sympathize/empathize with Sonny.  It doesn't help that the actor can barely string together two coherent lines of dialogue in a row.  At least the awesome closed-captioner is providing some entertaining interpretations.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie really is Carly's mother.

Bobbie should have paid more attention to Aunt Ruby.  It's too bad that they cast VW as a fan of Sonny because this show could use an Aunt Ruby.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but Chad Duell is such a crappy actor . . . . UNLESS Michael is not supposed to care about Sasha at all. If that's the case, then he's playing it perfectly! CD gave the actress nothing but dead eyes, so I can only assume Michael never cared about Sasha at all - not even a little bit. He certainly doesn't play it as a man who is upset that a woman he loved cheated on him. He seems to have no residual feelings for her. The thing is I think we're supposed to think he does care and is affected by their breakup. I don't see it, which is why I think CD sucks at acting.  Haha! As a woman, I just hate to see Sasha all sad, depressed, and doing drugs b/c of MICHAEL when he couldn't possibly care less about her! Why make Sasha so pathetic for Michael?!?! He's not worth all this!

Sorry . . . I'm just tired of looking at CD's dopey facial expressions. LOL! I'm watching/reading caps in real time, and he just gave Willow the most befuddled, stupid look! LOL!

I had a feeling Scotty was the blackmailer! And I had a feeling Friz was behind it all. This is their way, or probably Franco's, to get money! LOL! 

I am still loving Nava! I wonder if they are going to tell each other about the blackmail. 

• Love 7

At first today, I was wondering if we were really expected to believe that Carly was actually having some kind of guilt pangs about letting Nelle die, but by the end of the episode it became clear that her concern was still herself -- although it kind of impressed even me how neatly she managed to set up Jax for future Vengeance of Sonny issues. 

And what's the current over/under on Nelle not being really and most sincerely dead? 

The show would be stupid to have Nelle truly dead and kill the possibility of her coming back in the future to create another firestorm. Which is not to say that the show didn't really kill her off.

Nelle fired Col Tad Sanders. He may still be on the paperwork but why would he be under any obligation to send the letter she left? Especially since she probably didn't pay his final bill yet.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The show would be stupid to have Nelle truly dead and kill the possibility of her coming back in the future to create another firestorm. Which is not to say that the show didn't really kill her off. 

Oh, I couldn't agree more! If they have truly killed off Nelle - I will never understand why they didn't do that BEFORE the pandemic. The custody trial had no surprising result. The kidnapping was a bust. And now . . she's dead! 🙄 What a waste, IMO! There was no drama at all! 

• Love 4

yeah-- the Scott-Bobby must have happened entirely off screen. The last time I remember them together, was after the Gail-inspired scavenger hunt when he proposed they give it another go, and she turned him down flat. But they've been dating??

I don't understand why Nic didn't ask Alexis for legal advice, she's not a lawyer, but she could still give advice... or can Alexis only get dumped on these days. 

Also, is it the protocol for the PCPD to inform a deceased persons lawyer and mortal enemy BEFORE they notify next of kin(i.e. why didn't Julian get notified before effin' Sonny and Carly)? (I'm curious what form one fills out to identify one's emergency contact and also one's "person to celebrate my death" contact.

• Love 3

With Chase about to go to the morgue to see Nelle for himself, I'm assuming that this is the end of the road for her unless they decide that she has an identical twin. 

So Liz and Franco were in fact playing Ava and Nikolas. I guess they figured out a way to remedy to their cash shortage, which I almost posted about yesterday, but I thought that Liz was too "noble" to blackmail someone. 

I really have no use for Michael or Willow or anyone who is dragged into the vortex of suck that he is. 

Sasha should be kicking the bucket any minute now.

And I find it jarring that Alexis was leaving for Neil's wake but that we have seen none of her in the past 2-3 days. I feel like she lost her law license so that Colonel Sanders can have more clients flock to him. Which isn't shocking at all.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Elizabeth, Franco, and Scott are behind this dumb blackmail of Nik and Ava? Zzzz. I know Nik and Elizabeth are still kind of rocky, but I thought Ava and Franco were pretty solid friends. Everyone sucks here.

I wonder if we'll see Chase ID Nelle's body. He's the one who can confirm it's hers, unless she was so damaged they had to use (falsified) dental records or some other shenanigans. If Nelle is most sincerely dead, that's too bad. There's still some story for her, though I need a break for a bit. She can return in another veiled hat when Michael decides to go to that death trap, Mercy, for Wiley's heart surgery.

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle fired Col Tad Sanders. He may still be on the paperwork but why would he be under any obligation to send the letter she left? Especially since she probably didn't pay his final bill yet.

I think Tad's obligation is to pass the letter on to her current lawyer. I don't think he can just not do anything, though IANAL.

3 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I don't understand why Nic didn't ask Alexis for legal advice, she's not a lawyer, but she could still give advice... or can Alexis only get dumped on these days. 

It's not like they're related or anything. Oh, wait.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This show has quite a few lawyers - Scotty, Alexis, Diane, Col. Tad Sanders, Robert (that's still bonkers, btw) - but they all seem to be in the 50+ set. Is that weird? It seems a little weird. Molly's in law school, I guess, but... Maybe Trina should call her Aunt Gia to come to town.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ew, I don't like that Scotty sold out Ava for his crappy retcon son.

I love Franco but I had to literally LOL @ “retcon son.” That’s hilarious! 

I wonder if Nava will turn the tables on Friz. If Nava just tell each other about the blackmail, they will figure it out! I enjoy Friz and Nava, so it all works out for me right now! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ew, I don't like that Scotty sold out Ava for his crappy retcon son.

I remember thinking, during Gail's scavenger hunt, that Franco and Scott's conversation about how Franco treated Scott like Scott treated Lee would have played so much better if it were Scott and Logan, Retcon Son #1. I suppose Scotty suffers from Monica Syndrome, where all his children are dead, not allowed onscreen, or magically erased from existence, so he's stuck trying to be a parent to the absolute worst option.

• Love 2

Any chance that Liz and Franco weren't involved in the blackmail plan and it's Scott trying  to help them out of a financial jam? And why does Nik need time to get the money? $175,000 should be pocket change to a Cassidine

Nelle didn't have a lawyer at the time of her death so there's no one for Col. Tad to pass the letter on to. I suppose he could put it away and give it to Wylie when he grows up but that doesn't seem like Col. Tad to me.

Nelle's "dead", there's no reason to keep dumping on Julian, show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Geez god, Michael and Willow make lukewarm oatmeal seem like the sexiest breakfast ever.  I only blame part of it on the writing, because CD is just so...not dynamic?  He's not volatile enough to be a Corinthos, he's not sneaky enough to be a Q, he's just...there, letting everyone else do any required heavy lifting for him.  Seriously, I had no use for Abby, but that crane should've hit Michael instead of her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

At least the awesome closed-captioner is providing some entertaining interpretations.

Details please - don't tease me....um, us.....like that!

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry but Chad Duell is such a crappy actor . . . . UNLESS Michael is not supposed to care about Sasha at all. If that's the case, then he's playing it perfectly! CD gave the actress nothing but dead eyes, so I can only assume Michael never cared about Sasha at all - not even a little bit. He certainly doesn't play it as a man who is upset that a woman he loved cheated on him. He seems to have no residual feelings for her.

I am under the impression he was totally over Sasha the moment she was a "cheater" and Willow became available. He was crushing on Willow when she started dating Chase, so he settled for sleeping with/casually dating Sasha.  Their so-called romance didn't build up the way Willow and Chase's did.  Still, the preview of Willow asking Sasha if she's "still in love" with Michael is funny to me because I think in reality the two breakups and then the Michael and Willow marriage just before the custody court date happened was just a few weeks ago, not months or years.

2 hours ago, rur said:

although it kind of impressed even me how neatly she managed to set up Jax for future Vengeance of Sonny issues. 

She already did that when she went crying to Sonny (while divorcing Jax) that "Jax is going to take my little girl away from me." So, Sonny had someone break/disable Jax's plane and it crashed.  My favorite Kristina and Alexis scenes ever resulted from that.  Kristina confronted Sonny when Jax was missing/possibly dead and did some awesome truth telling. Then Carly felt some twinges of guilt and anger that maybe Jax was dead and went to Alexis to say "let's keep our kids away from Sonny." Alexis did some awesome truth telling about Carly's relationships with Sonny and Jax. I believe that scene won NLG an Emmy. 

I wish that bit of history would get repeated from time to time and brought to Josslyn's attention, because IMO it's much worse than "Sonny had Jax deported."

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Any chance that Liz and Franco weren't involved in the blackmail plan and it's Scott trying  to help them out of a financial jam? And why does Nik need time to get the money? $175,000 should be pocket change to a Cassidine

Nelle didn't have a lawyer at the time of her death so there's no one for Col. Tad to pass the letter on to. I suppose he could put it away and give it to Wylie when he grows up but that doesn't seem like Col. Tad to me.

Nelle's "dead", there's no reason to keep dumping on Julian, show.

Didn't Nik blow all the Cassadine money before his death? Isn't that why he was after ELQ and Hayden's diamonds, or are we just suppose to forget that?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, sppa125 said:

Didn't Nik blow all the Cassadine money before his death? Isn't that why he was after ELQ and Hayden's diamonds, or are we just suppose to forget that?

I don't think Nik blew the money himself, but he learned that Helena and some other Cassadines had blown a lot of the money. That was the reason he was going after ELQ.

But you're right. We are supposed to forget that. That plot/arc was literally dropped the very moment Valentin shot Nikolas out of window and "took over" the empire. Once Valentin had the empire, their money issues went away. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think she is dead, because otherwise the stupid necklace storyline is pointless. And if it is Nelle, then Carly really did commit a crime because she didn't tell them Nelle went over the cliff. If she drowned in the river rather than from skull exploding from the impact then it is possible she could have been saved.

For her to be alive will require a convoluted story. Like Nelle fell but landed on a ledge. Then rescued herself and found a dead body that looks like her and threw her in the river. 

Cbs Fbi GIF by Wolf Entertainment

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I don't think Nik blew the money himself, but he learned that Helena and some other Cassadines had blown a lot of the money. That was the reason he was going after ELQ.

But you're right. We are supposed to forget that. That plot/arc was literally dropped the very moment Valentin shot Nikolas out of window and "took over" the empire. Once Valentin had the empire, their money issues went away. 

Thanks. So is Valentin the one that earned the money back for Cassadine Industries, and that's what Nik and Ava are fighting over?

Edited by sppa125
43 minutes ago, sppa125 said:

Thanks. So is Valentin the one that earned the money back for Cassadine Industries, and that's what Nik and Ava are fighting over?

...I guess? The show makes noises about Valentin being a good businessman. But it played more like any financial difficulties just disappeared after Val took over because they no longer served the plot. Dumb.

Cassadine Int. is supposed to be a gigantic multi-billion dollar global conglomerate. Intermittent money woes or no, @statsgirl is right, Nikolas should be able to find $175,000 in his couch cushions.

• Love 2

I'm sorry, I have no qualms at all about Friz and/or Scott blackmailing Nava.  Why should any of them be on Ava's side.  She is ACTIVELY trying to ruin Friz's marriage.  Retcon son or not, Scott is so pro Friz he's practically held rallies for them, parades even.  He's also been shown to be pretty pissed at Ava for choosing other men over him when he has made various blatant overtures to her over the years.  No need to go in to Nik being a douche.  So go go BLACKMAIL!  Rah📣

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

...I guess? The show makes noises about Valentin being a good businessman. But it played more like any financial difficulties just disappeared after Val took over because they no longer served the plot. Dumb.

Cassadine Int. is supposed to be a gigantic multi-billion dollar global conglomerate. Intermittent money woes or no, @statsgirl is right, Nikolas should be able to find $175,000 in his couch cushions.

Yeah, its dumb how they just drop things and refuse to acknowledge them. I wish they would acknowledge what that was all about, and how they got the money back as well as why Nik and Hayden aren't technically still married.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I am certain that there is a Faberge egg or two somewhere around Spoon Island.

As for the blackmail scheme, I firmly believe that Franco would happily engineer this whole blackmail scheme in order to get some free money and teach Nik and Ava a lesson, I don't think Liz is. Sure she is teach Nik a lesson but  she really thinks that they are pretend blackmailing them. 

If they don't show Nelle's face in the morgue, she ain't dead.

• Love 2