Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

When they mentioned Blaze today at the stable it took me a minute to realize they weren't referring to one of Cody's horsemates.

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jason being back ease [Elizabeth's] financial burden? He's been a deadbeat but now Michael will say hin back will ease the burden? She's worked and raised 3 boys on her own.

I think Jason set up trust funds for all of the boys ages ago, but I don't remember if Elizabeth accepted them? At any rate, she seems to be able to take care of them just fine until it's a plot point she can't. Shut up, Michael, as always..

• Applause 3

Why are they making a big deal about Sasha being a cook? Is this supposed to be drama?  In the past all the quatermaine  cooks were named cook.

• Applause 2

It's one of the dumber stories, but I appreciate that it's not doom and gloom. And I'd rather see this than listen to Lucy prattle on and on and on (and on) about her role in Deception.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Jason set up trust funds for all of the boys ages ago, but I don't remember if Elizabeth accepted them? At any rate, she seems to be able to take care of them just fine until it's a plot point she can't. Shut up, Michael, as always..

Proving that Jason isn't all knowing and wise, Liz lost the money Jason has put in a trust for Cameron and Jake on an investment. Ignoring the fact that does not sound like Liz at all - she would never have risked her sons' money - Jason apparently didn't set any parameters on the trust other than put money in a bank account. He didn't even appoint a trustee.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I wonder if they got this for $19.99 on sale or paid original price $168?  Still waiting to see where they bought Sasha's red top from yesterday.  It was so pretty.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12-10-51 Sasha’s blue and red printed tie hem top on General Hospital.png

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Liz lost the money Jason has put in a trust for Cameron and Jake on an investment

Oh, right! Because of her stupid brother, the hobo killer. 

• LOL 2
37 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Liz lost the money Jason has put in a trust for Cameron and Jake on an investment.

Because wimmen are stupid and know nothing about business.  Just like Carly and her insider trading.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because yesterday, or was it Tuesday? Kristina referred to the baby as "my baby" and that the baby might "take after me" which had Alexis raising her eyebrows.

Today she said "my little kicker" and "we" regarding restaurants/food, which resulted in Alexis and Sam *exchanging looks*. Alexis wasn't wrong to ask if Kristina was being cynical about TJ and Molly's behavior, but she also hasn't seen their behavior with Kristina. TJ absolutely is treating this pregnancy as a goal that he doesn't trust Kristina to complete for them and check off that "life accomplishment box." Alexis isn't wrong to be concerned about Kristina thinking of this baby as being hers as much as Molly's - but it is in fact her baby until she signs away her right and Molly adopts.

Episodes like this one remind me of why I find it hard to like the Sam character. She tells her mom and sis she has to leave to pick up her "almost grown teenage son." (Danny certainly is not.) She says nothing supportive of Kristina. She returns home and asks Dante if Danny is there; he says no. So, she didn't actually pick him up and is not concerned that Dante doesn't know where he is?  Then says she's late because she had to check on Kristina and that Kristina is "hormonal and cranky." No, she wasn't! Then attempts to shrug off/dismiss Dante's honest (DZ's well-acted) self-reflection about being a cop and being the son of a Mob boss. 

I rolled my eyes at the conversation happening in the park, just so these two college girls could watch Dex run around with the class of police recruits.  At least Josslyn had some mature lines about why she's re-considering her major.

How did Carly think Sonny would react to saying no visits with Donna at his place? Of course she goes for his meds -in a home that isn't hers - and demands they call his doctor.

The Drew/Nina scenes in "Washington" could not have been more unrealistic. Does the Show seriously want us to believe Drew is falling for Nina?!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

Proving that Jason isn't all knowing and wise, Liz lost the money Jason has put in a trust for Cameron and Jake on an investment. Ignoring the fact that does not sound like Liz at all - she would never have risked her sons' money - Jason apparently didn't set any parameters on the trust other than put money in a bank account. He didn't even appoint a trustee.

That was when they were still punishing RH's fans for not staying quiet about her being fired. First they killed off Jake, then they had her lose that money in a manner designed to make her seem like a greedy idiot. Yup, shouting a giant "Fuck You" in your fans' faces, that's the best way to keep them watching.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Today she said "my little kicker" and "we" regarding restaurants/food

I don't see what's concerning about using "we/my/etc." when referring to the baby. What should she say? "Molly and TJ's baby" is cumbersome to use regularly, as is "my niece/nephew." "This albatross I got myself into" is mean (hee). I guess she could use "the baby," but while Kristina is pregnant, a collective noun isn't out of line, IMO.

I think how she refers to the baby is linked but mostly separate to becoming too attached to the baby as hers. It was good Alexis asked her to think about it.

16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Of course she goes for his meds -in a home that isn't hers - and demands they call his doctor.

I'm surprised Carly doesn't know the dosage of Sonny's meds, considering how long she's been involved in his bipolarity.

• Like 3
(edited)

Well, hello Rep. Sam McMurray!

I've been to offices of Congressman and Senators in DC-that office was too posh. And that reception area? Please. And there is NO parking lot for people to park.

Sam, where were you when Mooby shot Dante. In.The.Chest? That was the beginning of Dante compromising his career for Mooby-when he LIED on the stand and in his statement that he SHOT HIMSELF IN THE CHEST while trying to clean his gun.

I'm not seeing Sam changing or having her eyes opened. She is doing, what someone mentioned to me: losing herself in whichever man she is with. She was Jayus' Ride and Die; when she was with Patrick, all of a sudden she was a domestic, and didn't want anything to do with the mob or Jaysus, until Robin returned from the Dead as well as Jaysus. And now that she's with Dante, it's like she never was mob-adjacent, committing crimes, blah, blah, fishcakes.

And Kristina was NOT being grumpy. Since I was on the Barge when the decision was made that she would be the surrogate, I don't know if TJ and Molly had any happy scenes with Kristina? I've yet to see anything where those two dolts are happy about this baby. Haven't seen them ask to feel when the baby is kicking, or show any excitement. It's all been TJ treating Kristina as if she's Public Enemy No. 1, and questioning her every move and lifestyle, with Molly just sitting there silently, until a couple of days ago.  I remember how invested and involved Lulu was when Maxie was carrying Georgie, even if Lulu didn't know that Georgie wasn't her and Dante's child, since Maxie miscarried.

At least in the preview, Kristina said "your baby" to Molly.

Could Drew have been MORE of an ASS?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess she could use "the baby," but while Kristina is pregnant, a collective noun isn't out of line, IMO.

If you sign up to be a surrogate you should be prepared to say :"the baby", if not, there is only going to be trouble for everyone involved.

I was trying to nap, so all I heard was Carly at level 11, and Sonny at his usual underwhelming state. They just haven't done enough to show that Sonny is really acting extremely. It is the usual  MB mumble mumble interspersed with his smashing his fist down off cue.

Then I woke up to the weird scene of Trina and Joss talking interspersed with Dex getting dressed. so weird.

• Like 1

"My baby" is the only term I find inappropriate, and it does seem Kristina's use of that is going to cause some problems with everyone, as it should. 

• Like 1

Can someone please explain why Patrick and Korte thought it was a great idea to intersperse Joss and Trina talking with scenes of Dex coming out of the shower and taking off his towel? Were we supposed to swoon over the sight of him?

• Like 2

Can someone please explain why Patrick and Korte thought it was a great idea to intersperse Joss and Trina talking with scenes of Dex coming out of the shower and taking off his towel?

Throuple?

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Can someone please explain why Patrick and Korte thought it was a great idea to intersperse Joss and Trina talking with scenes of Dex coming out of the shower and taking off his towel? Were we supposed to swoon over the sight of him?

Would that be the writers or more likely the producer and director?

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not seeing Sam changing or having her eyes opened. She is doing, what someone mentioned to me: losing herself in whichever man she is with. She was Jayus' Ride and Die; when she was with Patrick, all of a sudden she was a domestic, and didn't want anything to do with the mob or Jaysus, until Robin returned from the Dead as well as Jaysus. And now that she's with Dante, it's like she never was mob-adjacent, committing crimes, blah, blah, fishcakes.

This is why every single relationship she has on the show, either romantic, platonic, or familial has always fallen flat for me. She's a con artist. She has no discernible personality of her own. The only things that are consistent about her from relationship to relationship are negative traits like spite or never taking accountability for her crimes or mistakes; all of her positive traits are tailor-made to whoever is in front of her in the moment which means they aren't real.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Would that be the writers or more likely the producer and director?

Well, the writers had to actually write the scene. The director/editor would have spliced it together. So I’ll happily blame them all!

• Like 1

Someone on X pointed out that Dex in a towel and dressing was an attempt to replicate Spencer fresh from the shower in Greenland. I get working with what you have, but EH does not fill out the towel anywhere near the same as NAC and they are really flogging the dumpster with Joss and Dex. 

Kristina’s “my baby” and how she felt like the baby is an item on a “checklist” for Molly and TJ do not bode well for family peace and harmony. Surrogates need to be comfortable with and honestly like who they are bearing children for… Neither side was honest about how they felt about each other when diving in. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, hello Rep. Sam MacMurray!

I've been to offices of Congressman and Senators in DC-that office was too posh. And that reception area? Please. And there is NO parking lot for people to park.

Were they in DC? For some reason I thought they were going to his NY office.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So Joss is changing her major to Nuclear Physics?  Cool.

I thought MB brought it today with Dante and then with Carly re: Donna.  He seemed kinda real.

Was Sam a boxer previously? She knew the gloves were an excellent brand.

I am worried about Dex getting athlete's foot -- no shower shoes?

And yay for Sam McMurray!  I saw him about a year ago on The Doctors (from 1980) so he's come full circle.

• Like 1

Why were Drew and Nina talking to Sam McMurray? I zoned out. 

Why are some park scenes in a real park and others in a studio?

I’m starting to get the feeling that Sonny and Blaze’s mom Natalie are going to have a fling

• Angry 1
(edited)

I’ve never related more to anything than the stink face Ava made when Carly came barreling into Sonny’s penthouse. Same, girl, same.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, graight said:

So Joss is changing her major to Nuclear Physics?  Cool.

Oh look, Joss is young!  She's fit!  She should join the Police Academy.  And train with Dex.  And they can take down Sonny together!

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 7

Joss is soooooo Carly's daughter: "Well Trina, I was totally going to get into a top medical school and become the world's greatest doctor ..but, it turns out, becoming a doctor is a lot of work. So now I'm not so sure about it. And wouldn't it be wrong of me to take that spot away from someone else who wouldn't stand a chance competing against me? It seems like the only noble and amazing thing for me to do is quit."

• LOL 18
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I thought something would fall out of his locker that would be hazing or harassing by the other cops, but nothing happened.

Those scenes were so bizarre.

• Like 8

That Congressman looked too healthy to have Stage 4 lung cancer. And yes, Drew was an aggressive jerk to continue hard charging lobbying him

18 hours ago, Blackie said:

If you sign up to be a surrogate you should be prepared to say :"the baby", if not, there is only going to be trouble for everyone involved.

I was trying to nap, so all I heard was Carly at level 11, and Sonny at his usual underwhelming state. They just haven't done enough to show that Sonny is really acting extremely. It is the usual  MB mumble mumble interspersed with his smashing his fist down off cue.

Then I woke up to the weird scene of Trina and Joss talking interspersed with Dex getting dressed. so weird.

I don't know, Sonny's absolute paranoia about who he can trust seems concerning. I'm surprised that Dante either didn't pick up on that or mention it to Sam as a concern

• Like 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I don't know, Sonny's absolute paranoia about who he can trust seems concerning. I'm surprised that Dante either didn't pick up on that or mention it to Sam as a concern

Yeah, I actually thought that why Dante was upset. Instead it was to introduce a crisis for Dante where he may be reconsidering his profession as a police officer. Even though everything that we know about Dante from all his years on this show and everything that we heard about his childhood, he always wanted to be a cop.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 5

I thought Dante looked concerned or at least puzzled a few times while Sonny was there to deliver the boxing gloves. 
Carly will probably think that Ava has tampered with Sonny’s meds the way she did with Morgan’s. Hopefully Kristina will mention her suspicions to Dante about what ‘s going on or not going on at Sonny’s condo. 

• Like 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Carly will probably think that Ava has tampered with Sonny’s meds the way she did with Morgan’s.

Yeah I can see that happening. If Ava's not careful, knowing about the tampering of Sonny's meds and not doing anything about it yet, she's going to end up being accused and land in jail

Joss's reason for becoming a doctor seems to have changed. I thought it was because of Ava's stabbing and the helpless feeling she had watching Dex save her. Unless I misheard, now it's because she felt helpless when Dex was sick/injured I think in her dorm room (was he shot or something else?)

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, Sake614 said:

22 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Throuple?

No way, Trina can do so much better. (Though I suppose Dex might be a step up from a cholera ghost? Maybe? Definitely not Joss, though)

• LOL 4

Hello everyone!  New to the forum but have been watching GH since Laura/Scotty days.  (Yes I’m old)

First, Maurice Bernard is getting on my last nerve.

Second, Lucy is getting on my next to last nerve.

Not sure how I feel about Nina/Drew but it’s better than Nina/Sonny.

And TJ is an asshole.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Welcome, @javajeanelaine

31 minutes ago, javajeanelaine said:

And TJ is an asshole.

He is. Realizing the show needs children of color and to actually feature adults as the current episode counts are unacceptable, honestly I think the whole surrogacy story should go. There is nothing appealing to me about the prospect of TJ fighting with Kristina over a helpless newborn with Molly caught in the middle and/or a nasty custody battle between TJ and Kristina. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought something would fall out of his locker that would be hazing or harassing by the other cops, but nothing happened.

Those scenes were so bizarre.

They're trying to make fetch happen.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
On 5/3/2024 at 1:54 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since I was on the Barge when the decision was made that she would be the surrogate, I don't know if TJ and Molly had any happy scenes with Kristina? I've yet to see anything where those two dolts are happy about this baby

They did.  This story has suffered a lot from both the writers change AND the revolving door Mollys.  First, Molly and TJ both acted like Kristina was an awful person for merely musing---not even to them--about suggesting she be the surrogate.  Then, they course-corrected the Molly/Kristina idiocy and when surrogate #1 miscarried and Kristina re-offered they were both really happy about it.  They celebrated when the positive test came back and everything seemed fine.  Until suddenly--with the new writers?--TJ has become an asshole and Molly is trying to keep the peace and doesn't seem to have any issues with her sister.  Essentially, it's a mess because the writing can't make up its mind.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah, I actually thought that why Dante was upset. Instead it was to introduce a crisis for Dante where he may be reconsidering his profession as a police officer. Even though everything that we know about Dante from all his years on this show and everything that we heard about his childhood, he always wanted to be a cop.

honestly, I remember Mr Poletti or whatever his name was was the motivation for Dante to be a cop and Dante wanted to bring down Sonny and the mob because he was gunned down, and Sonny was like "meh i didn't do it, but if he got gunned down he deserved it." and Dante basically went. "Oh okay." and that got dropped big time

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

honestly, I remember Mr Poletti or whatever his name was was the motivation for Dante to be a cop and Dante wanted to bring down Sonny and the mob because he was gunned down, and Sonny was like "meh i didn't do it, but if he got gunned down he deserved it." and Dante basically went. "Oh okay." and that got dropped big time

It was Poletti and Dante was telling Sonny about him when he was trying to arrest him. Sonny had no idea who Poletti was and didn't really care. Dante was upset because he continued trying to arrest Sonny and then Sonny shot him. Dante didn't have a chance to continue the conversation because he was bleeding out. Of course, Poletti angle was dropped after the shooting.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, DanaK said:

Seems kind of justified, IMO.

His entire inner circle has turned on him. The guy he hired to replace Jason was hired to get dirt on him. That guy was being paid by his son. His ex wife knew and didn't tell him. 

His new wife ratted his ex out for insider trading. Now his best friend is back from the dead and he is ALSO working for the feds and won't explain why. 

I'd be a little paranoid at that point. 

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Seems kind of justified, IMO.

His entire inner circle has turned on him. The guy he hired to replace Jason was hired to get dirt on him. That guy was being paid by his son. His ex wife knew and didn't tell him. 

His new wife ratted his ex out for insider trading. Now his best friend is back from the dead and he is ALSO working for the feds and won't explain why. 

I'd be a little paranoid at that point. 

Not only that, one of his baby mommas knows he's being under-medicated and is doing nothing about it so she can control him. Btw, I wonder how long Ava thinks she can keep this scam going. She doesn't seem too concerned about how Sonny will react once he finds out. And he will.

Based on the previews, it looks like my prediction of Sonny and Natalia is going to happen, ugh. She seems like too much of a shrew for him, but the writers are trying to shake things up, relationship-wise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They did.  This story has suffered a lot from both the writers change AND the revolving door Mollys.  First, Molly and TJ both acted like Kristina was an awful person for merely musing---not even to them--about suggesting she be the surrogate.  Then, they course-corrected the Molly/Kristina idiocy and when surrogate #1 miscarried and Kristina re-offered they were both really happy about it.  They celebrated when the positive test came back and everything seemed fine.  Until suddenly--with the new writers?--TJ has become an asshole and Molly is trying to keep the peace and doesn't seem to have any issues with her sister.  Essentially, it's a mess because the writing can't make up its mind.

TBF, TJ was kinda an asshole about Kristina under the other writers too. So, at least that has remained consistent. Erm, yay?

• Love 1

I couldn’t stand Kate Mansi as Abigail on Days of Our Lives. But even after enjoying the last actress in the role, I really like KM as Kristina on GH.  She’s doing a great at job and has chemistry with her costars. 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

Blaze’s mother might need to watch her back for Ava. Sonny totally dismissed Ava as if she was an employee so he could “ charm “ Natalia some more. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Anyone else hear those three loud bangs around 2:55pm?!!  The first one was Ava's head exploding when Sonny introduced her to Natalia as his helper (helping out with Avery).  There was a mini bang when Natalia brought up nannies and Ava ascerted quite firmly that she isn't a nanny.  The second one was Ava's head exploding when Sonny dismissed her as she stood there trying to horn in on his Scotch date with Natalia.  The third one was when she eavesdropped as Sonny dismissed her as the woman of the house, to Natalia.  

If Ava was planning on telling him about the medication, that ship has now sailed.  Bewared a woman scorned.  Ava is going to go scorched earth on him.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Is the hottie in the glasses with Anna the detective/police academy chief? Rowr.

Carly is a bull in a china shop, but I'm on her side when it comes to making sure Sonny is on his meds. She's right to be concerned about leaving Donna with him when he's flying off the handle every five second. Sonny says he'd never hurt his kids, but we know how that's turned out in the past.

Diane, a graham cracker crust is delicious! You need to rethink that choice.

Jeez, everyone is rethinking what having Sonny in their life means.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Natalia is not a nice person the way she treats her daughter (and apparently also her son). She’s giving real stage mother vibes. Blaze should dump her as her manager or whatever role she has

• Like 5
  • Love 1