Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No one has any understanding of what fraud is.

On GH, fraud is defined as "telling me something that isn't true or not telling me something that I think I should know" known elsewhere as lying, deception, or not telling something I don't want to share. 

I was also interested in seeing that there are now 2 characters with amnesia on the show, and they deal with it differently. It seems that Ned has reverted to an identity he'd already created for himself, while Esme is trying to distance herself from what people tell her she did as "herself". 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

It seems that Ned has reverted to an identity he'd already created for himself, while Esme is trying to distance herself from what people tell her she did as "herself". 

They also have amnesia for different reasons. I think that at least at the beginning, Esmè's amnesia was genuine (whether it still is is up for debate) but for Ned, I think that it unconsciously voluntary in that he wanted to get away from his real life where he was being attacked by everyone from his wife and daughter to the Carlys for reporting to the SEC and bearing the weight of ELQ as Valentin keeps disappearing.* No wonder Ned wants to run away.

* Who is running ELQ? Ned has amnesia, Valentin is in Chechnya and Michael is putting on fake Paris trips for his wife.

3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Speaking of therapy, I've missed a lot the last couple weeks dealing with RL stuff. Sasha's doctor, I know what he's done, but do we know why? What's he getting out of this?

No explanation yet for why he would be willing to make Sasha ill (First Do No Harm) and risk his medical license for Gladys of all people.

All we've seen is him drinking wth Gladys and celebrating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

So, this is the first episode I've watched in a while (a couple of weeks or so), and the episode isn't over but I really do not like nunuMolly! I didn't care for the tempMolly that was hired but this new girl looks even older to me than the last girl. Also, I did like how tempMolly had dark hair like the rest of the Davis clan. This new girl doesn't really fit Molly. I can't see her as a lawyer or w/TJ honestly. I hope the search is still on, but the announcement said "now being played by" so who knows? Maybe she will get better. 

Portia is beyond annoying. Why is she always meddling in her daughter's business? If Sprina didn't also have Esme to contend with, the Portia stuff probably wouldn't bother me as much but they do. GH refuses to let them be flirty, romantic, and light - not even for a month straight. It's all just nonsense. 

The Kristina/Sonny scenes are good so far. MB and KaMa have a nice chemistry.

Nice Taggert/Trina scenes. We need more of them. 

I don't like this retconned drama w/nuMolly and Kristina. They have made Molly unhinged. I know she's upset w/her infertility issues but she needs to get a grip. This "Kristina needs to be the center of attn" arc is forced and makes no sense. It's inconsistent w/the history of the show too.  Kristina should just write off whack job Molly. ---- Ok. It looks like Sam got to the real issue w/Molly b/c she was being insane. 

ETA: Spencer doesn't need to stand there and be insulted by Portia! He should walk away and leave her be! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 10

I don’t mind the new Molly. She’s a bit older, but anyone is going to look older than HP since she always looked so young. 

I really really really don’t like the Sasha/Gladys storyline. I’m ready for the Gladys actress to get her walking papers because the character has run it’s course. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."  --> the recast Molly.

They should have kept tempMolly because this character/actress is very unpleasant. And the show has enough of self-centred selfish characters already.

Also Molly has just shot to the top of the Needs Major Therapy list on the show. Sonny is wrong to push Kristina to talk to Molly because Molly is unreasonable right now.

I am much more interested in Kristina's foundation than hysterical Molly and TJ.

So Trina thinks that if she has breakfast with the man who loves her and raised her, she's betraying Curtis. What a cheap way to build that relationship.

Portia sitting endlessly at Curtis' bedside and crying is boring. (Transplant did it better by having Bash go back to work and then suddenly be called to Mags bedside when something went wrong. More interesting and dramatic.)

Portia, the worst moments in Trina's life were not all about Spencer. What about the time she was kidnapped and Jason had to rescue her? Or when she thought that her father was dead and mourned him for months?

I hate what they are doing to Sasha.

• Like 10

Nope. NuNuMolly was born in 1984. The actress is 39-years old. If she didn't look her age, it wouldn't be a problem but Molly is supposed to be 25-28 years old.  Maybe it's just me though. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Portia is so stupid. If/when Trina gets tired enough of Spencer being with Esmé, she'll take appropriate action. Until then, Portia needs to shut up and deal with her semi-comatose semi-husband. Ugh, another character they're making unbearable. I was meh on Portia until Trina started seeing Spencer and Portia decided to barge in and direct the relationship. Now she's on the strongly dislike side of the scale.

Oh, Marcus. Curtis Ashford is so not worth developing a drinking problem over.

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hate what they are doing to Sasha.

Heaviest of heavy sighs.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

. (Transplant did it better by having Bash go back to work and then suddenly be called to Mags bedside when something went wrong. More interesting and dramatic.)

Transplant does many things better than other medical shows, which is why it's great that NBC will be bringing it back beginning October 5 at 9 pm.

Having Trina feel like she is being torn between two fathers is a tired trope, so of course, GH is going there.  The writers took that infamous mail order writing course, "Tropes 'R Us."

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

These episodes really do feel weird.

Trina thinking that she's betraying Curtis because she's having breakfast with the man who raised her, loved her, who she thought was her father all her life until a week ago? Make it make sense.

I'm not really sure what to think of this NuMolly. Just give the character her a miracle pregnancy and send her back offscreen. The actress tried, it couldn't have been easy to come in and be emotional about this when she didn't play the earlier scenes, but new Davis coven is not really gelling for me. 

Gladys should rot in hell for what she's done. Am I to assume that Sasha is headed to Pentonville to be around the man who got her into drugs, since we've seen men and women mingle there?

They should've written Esme out after she fell from the parapet the first time. This whole thing with her feels very forced.

I don't care about Portia and her crying at Curtis's bedside. And I don't care about Portia's chat with Spencer. Trina is an adult. She can make her own decisions. When the time comes that she'll feel she needs to dump Spencer, then she'll dump him. This whole meddling mother who refuses to let her daughter make mistakes is tiresome.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, katenm said:

Transplant does many things better than other medical shows, which is why it's great that NBC will be bringing it back beginning October 5 at 9 pm.

Interesting - I thought it had gone away. 

Molly needs to make an appointment with whatever psychiatrist/counselor is still in PC - although stay away from Sasha's gambling addict doctor!

Good for Sonny pointing out that Kristina still has her foundation to run and there are challenges there she needs to work out. 

• Like 6

Good work Gladys! Hope you're happy. Of course, Sasha's money isn't going to last forever, especially if she's in prison, so who will be your next golden goose? 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

2 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m ready for the Gladys actress to get her walking papers because the character has run it’s course. 

I like the actress.  Her age, her lack of paper white veneers.  Yeah, she's screwing Sasha over, but look at all the stuff Carly has done and yet she's still brave and strong and loves with her whole heart.  If we could got rid of characters that have run their course, they would have to air 35 minutes of a bowl of moss.

gh-jason-sonny-moss.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Trina is an adult. She can make her own decisions. When the time comes that she'll feel she needs to dump Spencer, then she'll dump him. This whole meddling mother who refuses to let her daughter make mistakes is tiresome.

Trina is at the age when she should be making mistakes about men, doing it now before she's married to a loser or has his child and is tied to him forever. Portia may have an M.D. but emotionally she functions at a far lower level.

16 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Good for Sonny pointing out that Kristina still has her foundation to run and there are challenges there she needs to work out. 

I'm glad that Sonny talked to her but that conversation confused me.  Of course Kristina got something out of wanting to be Molly's surrogate, she got the good feelings of being able to help her sister, something that would be important to her if she felt that she was the family screw-up and always the one who needs help from others.

I did like that Kristina turned down Sonny's offer to fix the permit issue for her and said that she had to do it herself. (Why doesn't she just hire an architect/construction manager?)

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(Why doesn't she just hire an architect/construction manager?)

I think Sam suggested she do that, so of course Kristina is going to ignore it. It's not a sign of weakness. Does Kristina want the center built or not? If she keeps getting basic things like permits wrong, it'll never happen. Or it will and be at a subpar level, and I don't want to see that kind of story on GH.

• Like 3

Normally I'm a fan of the kind of deeper-dive discussions that we saw among the  Davis girls today.  It's something GH used to do much better than it does now, and it's good for building character.  But this particular drama among them is so manufactured that discussing it comes across as silly and redundant. 

I think Real Andrews is more than capable of playing Marcus' heartbreak over not being Trina's father without driving the character to drink.  

Why couldn't they have sent Sasha on some kind of marketing tour for the Deceptor to cover the actress' maternity leave, instead of sending her back to an institution?  Also, I think Gladys has run her course.  Time to go.  

I do think the supportive friendship between Alexis and Gregory may prove to be an interesting and emotional storyline.  Wasn't on board with it before, but yesterday's scenes made me a convert.  I also think Esme may have met her match in Alexis, so I'm looking forward to more of that as well.  

• Like 13

Seems like they are going the alcoholism route with Taggart and though I think he can do a great job, I don’t know how they can do this type of SL with someone who is barely on and only has strong ties with 1 person currently on the canvas. It’ll be like when they did the first addiction SL with Sasha and no one noticed for months because she had no family and was relatively new to the canvas. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

They recast Molly again but her scenes with Sam are terrible and she looks way too old. Just throw the character away at this point 

Just saw the nuMolly II.  Didn't know that they got rid of nuMolly I.  NuMolly II is worse than the NuMolly I but she has a better chemistry with Sam than nuMolly I.  But nuKeistina is like a young Mary Louise Parker and that is a good thing (though I feel horrible about fv firing Lexi🤬).

Edited by sunnyface
carly
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

If it's wrong that the main thing I want to see is Martin running ELQ with Tracy making snarky comments in the background, then I don't want to be right.

FV really should give JE whatever she wants, to convince her to stay forever.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Trina is at the age when she should be making mistakes about men, doing it now before she's married to a loser or has his child and is tied to him forever. Portia may have an M.D. but emotionally she functions at a far lower level.

I'm glad that Sonny talked to her but that conversation confused me.  Of course Kristina got something out of wanting to be Molly's surrogate, she got the good feelings of being able to help her sister, something that would be important to her if she felt that she was the family screw-up and always the one who needs help from others.

I did like that Kristina turned down Sonny's offer to fix the permit issue for her and said that she had to do it herself. (Why doesn't she just hire an architect/construction manager?)

This was me and my sister going up.  Once older, we got to talking

about growing up and all the time I was thinking “god she’s so perfect….”  And she was thinking. “god, why does she get all the attention, she is always in trouble”. So I got both sides of the argument 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know how they can do this type of SL with someone who is barely on

It's not like they don't have practice; this is how they tell, like, half their stories.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don't know about NuMolly 2.0.  She was extremely annoying today; any time SAM is the voice of reason you know there's a problem.  I mean, are we supposed to be rooting for her and TJ and this sudden uber nastiness towards Kristina?  Because that entire tangent about how Molly has always apologized to Kristina for being the "good daughter" seems like a total rewrite.  She's always been treated as the Coven Screw-Up (somtimes with good reason).

Ugh, this Sasha storyline is so, so bad.

• Like 12

Olivia is attracted to power just  like Carly. Ned is a Q, which means power and money. Being the mayors wife meant She had power. Owning the ogle gives her power. We’ve seen her use it to throw people out or just berate them in public if she didn’t approve of them.

the only reason she wants Ned back, besides leo is so she can stay mama Q

• Like 2

From what discount store are they getting these Mollies? The last one was pretty much a Zoolander fembot, and today I felt like I was watching Jan Brady have a "Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!" meltdown. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

So Kristina is now youngest? New Molly is really annoying.  They need to just make Kristina a Carly/Ava type if everyone is going to hate her for no reason. 

Gladys needs to die. Her wanting Sasha to take the drugs before an interview. To ruin her life more.

Sasha I'm tired of, ship her to jail.  She deserves it for being so stupid trusting Gladys. 

Portia was spot on with Spencer today. Especially calling out Trina looking past all Spencer has done. 

So Taggert now is alcoholic over Trina not being his. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

FV really should give JE whatever she wants, to convince her to stay forever.

Seriously. 

When she's on the screen, she outshines everyone else in the room.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2023 at 8:44 AM, dubbel zout said:

I thought Lucy's fake naïvété was to try to snow Jack into giving her more information about whatever she's digging for. She could stroke his ego by telling how marvelous it was he was married to the great Erica Kane, etc. Of course, she completely forget she was not some rando unknown person. 

But in the previous scenes when she and Felicia first went to Jackson's office, she gave no indication then she knew who he was and, IIRC, was worried she'd have to flirt with an uggo, she hadn't even seen his picture.

Did casting deliberately make Molly3 so bad in order to pave the way for original Molly to return?  From her squeaky voice to her age to her "hey, look at my boobs", she was awful. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

Gladys is terrible but I like how shameless she is and enjoy watching the character sink lower and lower.

Alcoholic Taggert?  Hopefully this won't be some excuse to make him look bad in order to push Trina closer to Curtis.

Not to sound ageist or anything, but I love how this new Molly is like 15 years older than the last two, 10 years older than TJ, and a few years older than nuKristina to boot.  With her new irrational personality and unpredictable behavior, it's honestly all very entertaining to me and I can't wait to see what the writers will try and pull with the character next lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Portia was spot on with Spencer today. Especially calling out Trina looking past all Spencer has done. 

I’m finding Portia disingenuous and manipulative. We saw her encourage Esme to coparent with Spencer and she suggested they take parenting classes together all the while telling Trina that Spencer doesn’t have time for her and telling Spencer that it’s not fair to Trina that Trina has to be around Esme because of him. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m finding Portia disingenuous and manipulative. We saw her encourage Esme to coparent with Spencer and she suggested they take parenting classes together all the while telling Trina that Spencer doesn’t have time for her and telling Spencer that it’s not fair to Trina that Trina has to be around Esme because of him.

I didn't find anything disingenuous or manipulative. She's been at the hospital for how long and her husband's bedside not showing if he's going to wake up and live. Then Spencer comes and parks himself there outside, someone that caused so much and did so much. He end up in jail. How many times? 

Her talking to Esme. Yes that was manipulative but I don't think today was today. Was really just her being heartfelt and scared for her kid on top of scared for her husband. It was just a mom fed up.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Did casting deliberately make Molly3 so bad in order to pave the way for original Molly to return?  From her squeaky voice to her age to her "hey, look at my boobs", she was awful. 

Same thought.

Shame on whoever is behind that, if it's true.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Are they setting the stage for a Tracy/ Finn’s dad romance? Because I don’t see the point for all this sparring otherwise.

My thoughts on NunuMolly: She’s better than Stepford Fembot NuMolly, so that’s a plus. At least she has facial muscles that move, eyes that blink, and more than 3 oz of flesh on her bones. She is older than OGMolly, but that doesn’t bother me. NuKristina has also been aged, so that matches. I also appreciate that she looks mature enough to actually be an ADA. 

The thing that does bother me about NunuMolly is the high pitched helium voice. I know she can’t help that, but there were times she was speaking in her lower register and I wish she would focus on making that her normal tone. I’m not loving her, I find it hard to believe that *this* was the best casting option, but I don’t hate her and I’m willing to give her a chance. 

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

35 minutes of a bowl of moss.

gh-jason-sonny-moss.png

Now, that’s a show I’d watch.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

From what discount store are they getting these Mollies? The last one was pretty much a Zoolander fembot, and today I felt like I was watching Jan Brady have a "Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!" meltdown. 

Really does seem like there's a fire sale on Mollies, doesn't it? Buy one, get two free - each one older and more shrill than the last? I actually thought this nunu Molly was Esme for a second.

Casting really has to keep going back to the Nu Molly store until they get the right one.

Also, while it's always good to see JK, the Sasha torture porn just has to stop. What did the actress do to TIIC???

Davis Coven: while I haven't had much use for KeMo in a long time, I do enjoy the apparent RL affection she seems to have for NLG. Their scenes always play like real mother-daughter interaction - KeMo always does subtle little things like inter-twining her arm around NLG's or hand holding. It's nice, actually.

ETA: After Sasha's latest meltdown, my guess is Cody has a rare blood-type and only Mac is an available match. Otherwise the stabbing makes no sense. But neither do a lot of things on GH.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 9
  • LOL 5

Sasha has been one of my favorite characters, but this storyline is ruining that.  I'm at the point where I feel like, if you're that STUPID what do you want me to say?  An addict taking pills without researching them or getting a second opinion.  Trusting Gladys this way.  This is just stupidity.  But Gladys needs to go.  I am really sick of her vileness.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Are they setting the stage for a Tracy/ Finn’s dad romance? Because I don’t see the point for all this sparring otherwise.

My thoughts on NunuMolly: She’s better than Stepford Fembot NuMolly, so that’s a plus. At least she has facial muscles that move, eyes that blink, and more than 3 oz of flesh on her bones. She is older than OGMolly, but that doesn’t bother me. NuKristina has also been aged, so that matches. I also appreciate that she looks mature enough to actually be an ADA. 

The thing that does bother me about NunuMolly is the high pitched helium voice. I know she can’t help that, but there were times she was speaking in her lower register and I wish she would focus on making that her normal tone. I’m not loving her, I find it hard to believe that *this* was the best casting option, but I don’t hate her and I’m willing to give her a chance. 

Now, that’s a show I’d watch.

I like JE but she literally never works for me in a romantic pairing. 

NuNuMolly is 15 years older than original Molly, and she's older than NuKristina, so that feels a little jarring to me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Sasha has been one of my favorite characters, but this storyline is ruining that.  I'm at the point where I feel like, if you're that STUPID what do you want me to say?  An addict taking pills without researching them or getting a second opinion.  Trusting Gladys this way.  This is just stupidity.  But Gladys needs to go.  I am really sick of her vileness.  

Stabbing Cody is baadd. Obviously, she’s going to get arrested for it. Hopefully Sasha gets sent to a mental hospital rather than jail while the actress is on maternity leave. Also hopefully, Gladys is so horrified she comes clean or changes her ways

• Love 5
(edited)

IA with all said about nuMolly. 
Great scenes with Esmé and Alexis. 
Portia should just leave Spencer alone. He was simply waiting for Trina who happens to want to be with him. No, some of the very worst times of Trina’s life had nothing to do with Spencer, like when she thought Taggert was dead or when she found out that her mother had cheated on Taggert and that Curtis was her biological father. 
Trina chose to follow Spencer onto the ship and tried to initiate sexy times with him at one point. He was the one who said no. I’m not saying he doesn’t act entitled or isn’t impulsive but that he’s not the whole source of Trina’s emotional ride. Best look in the mirror Portia. 
Sasha stabbing Cody may lead to a Mac is his Daddy story but I have had it with the torture of this character. Gladys should be kicked to the curb after this. Same with the psychiatrist. Maybe the whole poker game crew could go too. 
🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Bad spelling
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Sasha stabbing Cody may lead to a Mac is his Daddy story but I have had it with the torture of this character. Gladys should be kicked to the curb after this. Same with the psychiatrist. Maybe the whole poker game crew could go too. 

I think we might be looking at that. 

If I were writing this, I would have Dante/Chase look into the medication the doctor put Sasha on. That dude is not brave, he might give up Gladys and her role. And it's not like Mac doesn't have the place under surveillance. 

They can also have Curtis be in trouble with the law. The whole "I suspect he didn't have a choice" is such a bullshit argument. Selena is using his club because he wanted her to give him his father's arrest file. He didn't give a fuck about the consequences of that, so I think he should suffer them.

If the writers were any good, there should be a domino effect. Sasha, Cody, Gladys, Dr who looks like a thumb, Curtis, Selena.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Maybe the whole poker game crew could go too. 

So does this mean Selina has been lying this whole time about the games being legal?!?

• Like 1

I don't think nuMolly looks too old but damn, they really need to fix her wardrobe. One inch lower and she would have had a wardrobe malfunction! I also don't like the direction of this story. Molly and TJ immediately jumping down Kristina's throat and kvetching to anyone who will listen about how horrible Kristina is, and how she's only doing this to get attention, and oh woe is me, I can't have kids but she can! I get that Molly is upset. Any woman who wanted children and found out she can't conceive or carry would be devastated. It's just way too OTT for my liking.

As for Sasha stabbing Cody, well Gladys will probably see it as just another obstacle out of her way. Cody's been a thorn in Gladys' side since she started playing poker and she's done everything she could to get rid of him. I doubt she'll be the least bit upset, nor feel any remorse for her part in Sasha's actions. She may not have intended it to go this far, but there'll be no tears shed. She'll simply use it as one more reason that the guardianship shouldn't be ended, and spend all of Sasha's money on herself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m guessing that there will be a drug test in Sasha’s future. Hopefully that will be the thing that catapults Gladys into being discovered. If they find a drug she wasn’t prescribed, someone will have to ask where it came from. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

but it was prescribed by her new shrink. The question that should be asked is WHY would he prescribe it on top of her current meds? Of course, if it's out of her system by the time they run the tox screen, and Gladys takes the bottle out of Sasha's purse before the cops get it, then there's no proof and gladys and the Dr. are off the hook. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The shrink didn’t prescribe it though. He just handed her a bottle of pills and told her to take them. 
There may just be some dark times ahead for Sasha but I’m hoping that with the help of those around her that she will win in the end. Sonny could help and I bet Nina will too. Cody knows details on Gladys and maybe Dr Thumb as well. It will be a long bumpy stooopid ride but we should eventually get there. But it is TFGH. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe not a romance---although I suppose they could ride into the sunset together.  I'm thinking more likely a 'frenemies' relationship that is poignant when Tracy learns about his diagnosis and is either able to pull the right strings or finance a miracle cure.  

• Useful 4
(edited)

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I have enjoyed several Carly-free episodes in a row.  Felicia, Mac, Lucy, Martin, Tracy, Gregory, Alexis, Jackson, Cyrus . . . these original superstars can carry the show all summer!  And yes, I've excluded several names on purpose.

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Like 14
  • LOL 1