Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It crossed over into "so bad it's good" for me. I couldn't believe my eyes, yet I wanted it to get worse and worse.

Well, you got your wish today. 

I lost count of how many times I muttered "Not the friggin' beach again" to myself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If I were Sasha, I'd try to have some financial limitations set on Gladys. Gladys has changed for the better, but I'd be wary about her thirst for money coming up.

The Carly/Drew stuff is still excruciating to watch, even if it's out of the '80s. Drew is such a doormat.

• Love 8

The Drew/Carly show is vomit-inducing. Every time I looked up from my laptop, these two shitbirds were on, with Drew waxing on about how amazing Carly is and how the world is lucky to have her. No, Drewfus, she's not amazing and the world would be better off without her.

Go back to your cell in Greece, Drew. We can all go back to pretending you're dead. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Drew waxing poetically about Carly and talking about how much she’s been there for him might mean something if we, you know, actually saw that. All we’ve ever gotten scenes of is him being there for her. Are we supposed to pretend like her selling her half of the MC was for him because she even said it was because she thought Michael was a genius and thought it was her big chance to make a quick buck and set up her future. Carly really doesn’t support anyone outside of her kids occasionally. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Oh my! I think the ADA would have fit right in at Salem, Mass in the 1600's. All the "evidence" needs to be examined. They don't even know if the jacket in the trunk really matches the one in the video, let alone if there's any kind of gun residue on it (which you'd expect to be there based on the video). 

Also, you'd expect the ADA to be more concerned than the police about being sure any evidence was correctly identified and collected so a court case wouldn't be tainted. I didn't hear that there was a warrant for searching the car, for example. If I'm mistaken about that, then Port Charles has to have the most compliant and quickest judicial system in the country because scarcely a half hour passed since they saw the video. 

GH is contributing to the erosion of knowledge of legal processes and civil rights, sadly.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Dante whispering to Anna was appealing.

I thought it was hilarious that they did this big 2 day location shoot for this big romantic moment of Carly/Drew and it did nothing for me except promoted me to ff. But a one line whisper from Dante to Anna gave me the tingles 😃

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I thought it was hilarious that they did this big 2 day location shoot for this big romantic moment of Carly/Drew and it did nothing for me

It was a giant thud. I'm sure we were supposed to be as swept away by the romance as Carly and Drew were, and all I could do was roll my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I thought it was hilarious that they did this big 2 day location shoot for this big romantic moment of Carly/Drew and it did nothing for me except promoted me to ff. But a one line whisper from Dante to Anna gave me the tingles 😃

Yeah, CM and LW are...not appealing.

• Applause 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

eah, CM and LW are...not appealing.

The 2 actors together, I might not mind if it were 2 different characters in a completely different storyline. The Carly and Drew love story is just ......  blech!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, CM and LW are...not appealing.

And it's written in the cheesiest, worst possible way, Carly in a flowing dress, Drew all in white, and the constant Carly propping. . Good relationships are when the people know each other's flaws and accept them. Drew constantly telling Carly how wonderful she is so shallow to make us think they're a good couple.

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Oh my! I think the ADA would have fit right in at Salem, Mass in the 1600's. .

You'd think that with the mess she made of Trina's trial, with everyone telling her it wasn't Trina, that she would be more careful with everyone telling her it isn't Anna.

She is so anxious to score a goal that she keeps kicking the ball into her own net.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She is so anxious to score a goal that she keeps kicking the ball into her own net.

Someone here brought up that she could be the hook killer and if people around Anna's case start getting targeted, then whoever thought of this may be on to something.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It was a giant thud. I'm sure we were supposed to be as swept away by the romance as Carly and Drew were, and all I could do was roll my eyes.

I don’t know what the show wants us to think, but according to the SOD poll, 63% do NOT think they’re a good match. I actually tuned out during all their scenes today. I just can’t with them, and Drew waxing poetic about the awesomeness that is Carly. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Those scenes with Carly and Drew did make me think that it must be time for Jason to make his return.  Like the day after they sleep together, Jason waltzes back into town.   What would Carly do then?    I don't really think it'll happen, but THAT is what soaps always do, right?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Those scenes with Carly and Drew did make me think that it must be time for Jason to make his return.  Like the day after they sleep together, Jason waltzes back into town.   What would Carly do then?    I don't really think it'll happen, but THAT is what soaps always do, right?  

She'd either drop Drewless like a bad habit or she'd keep seeing him while making it crystal clear that Jason is her top priority and he just better suck it up. Which he would. As for Jason, he'd just blink and nod and go back to killing people for Sonny. He'd probably care more that Sonny has been cheating on him with Dex than Carly getting together with yet another brother he doesn't give a shit about.

Personally, I hope never to see Steve Burton or Jason Morgan on this show again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I mostly FF'd Drewly, but noticed LW had to stand on tippy toes in her bare feet each time she kissed CM. I was thinking at least she was getting a good work out with all those calf raises. They are really fast-tracking this with them pretty much pledging themselves to each other. How about dinner first?  

Count me in for being scorched by the Anna/Dante hotness. I was wondering why the show didn't go there instead of putting him with chemistry black hole Sam. They looked great next to each other, too.

• Like 2

Carly and Drew today was like watching an episode of Dr. Phil with all the positive affirmations they were both spouting.

Holly's definitely brainwashed by Victor.  That slap was so performative. 

That ADA is really bad, but of course she is. This show loves to make the majority of law enforcement either inept, evil, or both.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

What could go wrong with Gladys as the Guardian? Sasha will have no money soon.

Zzzzz I can't with Carly and Drew. Such boredom and the California as Jacksonville just makes me mad.

The ADA is stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Dante whispering to Anna was appealing.

That's all I got lol.

Seeing this comment was the sole reason I watched todays episode. I love when unintentional chemistry pops up. 

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Personally, I hope never to see Steve Burton or Jason Morgan on this show again.

As much as I don’t enjoy Drew and Carly, and honestly haven’t enjoyed Drew since he shaved his beard, I haaaate Jason. Never ever want him back. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I get why they didn't put Anna/Dante in a relationship ...I don't know if plausibly Anna would let herself but I think a fling could have been plausible and the timing would have been perfect when DZ returned...but I guess the show just had to rush putting him in a relationship they have negative interest in. Even I'm a little surprised how little interest they have in Sante. I'm not complaining mind you!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
8 hours ago, KittyQ said:

If I'm mistaken about that, then Port Charles has to have the most compliant and quickest judicial system in the country because scarcely a half hour passed since they saw the video. 

And appallingly, super spy Anna spent that entire half hour farting around in the back of her car in the police station parking lot in broad daylight, agonizingly slowly and carefully examining each piece of planted evidence (including a GUN) one by one. I was so aggravated by that, I forgot to FF the beach scenes.

Sasha’s conference with her family, pseudo-family, and attorney was held in a random GH conference room? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I've updated my Carly avoidance methods to include: FF,,mute, mute with captions, change channels, and the latest strategy-mute and close my eyes real tight and count to fifteen. Just wanted to share with you in  preparation for the horrors yet to come during November sweeps. You've welcome.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, paisley said:

I've updated my Carly avoidance methods to include: FF,,mute, mute with captions, change channels, and the latest strategy-mute and close my eyes real tight and count to fifteen. Just wanted to share with you in  preparation for the horrors yet to come during November sweeps. You've welcome.

I just play on my iPad until their scenes are over. That way I don’t have to watch or even hear them. I’m really good at tuning things (and people) out when I want lol!

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, paisley said:

Thankfully I have already honed my skills on innumerable Hatman scenes. 

I will say that the fleeting glances I got reaching for the FF button were painful.  The harsh sunlight did LW no favors. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I will say that the fleeting glances I got reaching for the FF button were painful.  The harsh sunlight did LW no favors. 

The sun was really challenging, even when they retreated under the tree for the closeups. The sound was also uneven because of the wind. In many regards, these were tough scenes to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There's a bank open on Sundays? But, apparently, no tax men in PC. If they can't even be bothered to show up for the opening of a dead person's safe deposit box, it's no wonder they've never gotten the goods on Sonny.

Shut it, Joss. Just... shut it, on everything. Is it horrible of me to hope, after she dumps Cameron (and we all know she will) and gets together with Dex, that things go so badly that she crawls back to Cameron to take her back, only he's now deeply in love with Emma or Charlotte or, hey, a whole new character? Because I hope it, I really do.

• Love 4

No Carly today, but we got treated to Joss's revisionist history about Jason. Carly was as big a contributor as Sonny to Jason not having things of his own and his own life. That whole spiel about Jason was just Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

STFU, Joss! Run, Cam! Joss is not in this anymore and Dex is looking at her with heart eyes. This thing should be over soon. I'm rooting for an amicable breakup otherwise Cam will get trashed on his way out of this relationship.

I'm here for Victor threatening Nikolas, actually. I think it's a wholesome Cassadine family trait. Plus Nik needs to have his ass kicked. Up one side and down the other.

I guess we'll have some jewelry caper with Britt and waste of space, unless he steals the necklace first. He probably will. He's an imbecile. He can't help himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

No Carly today, but we got treated to Joss's revisionist history about Jason. Carly was as big a contributor as Sonny to Jason not having things of his own and his own life.

I would argue that the worst thing that ever happened to Jason was opening the door the night pregnant Carly showed up at his penthouse like a drowned rat giving him her "you have to help me" sob story.  She got her claws in that night, realized it, and dug in so deep he never really got away.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I would argue that the worst thing that ever happened to Jason was opening the door the night pregnant Carly showed up at his penthouse like a drowned rat giving him her "you have to help me" sob story.  She got her claws in that night, realized it, and dug in so deep he never really got away.  

The irony is, Jason's the only one who ever shut Carly down even a little bit, but yeah, you're not wrong. He got dragged into her stupid crap because of Michael, and that's why he stayed, but he also could have had enough guts (or self-respect, take your pick) to tell her to get out of his life and leave him alone. Carly's awful in all of her iterations, but for Jason it was a self-inflicted wound.

• Applause 3
  • Love 6

Joss's description of why Sonny was so bad for Jason was filled with unconvincing arguments. Sure, Jason didn't die because he was doing something for Sonny - but he had worked for Sonny all that time, after all. And then, once Jason was dead, Sonny had the nerve to "betray" Carly (Jason's best friend) by failing to bounce back to the person he was before he had that pesky amnesia, causing Carly to ask for a divorce. Poor, poor, Jason! Due to Sonny's influence, Jason never "had anything of his own". 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm here for Victor threatening Nikolas, actually.

UGH.  I don't get it.  He's threatening Nikolas and all wooby pissed that Nik and Spencer are at odds, while simultaneously preventing a relationship between Valentin and Charlotte and planning Valentin's plane crash.  He's giving Joss and Carly a run for their money in the hypocrite category.  Also, "Family is the only thing, but also, I'll kill you in you dont' divorce Ava".  Well then, family isnt' everything if your plotting your son and your nephew's demises.  Who would that leave?  Spencer and Charlotte.  It's just stupid and pointless.  Also, can you picture TC in those scenes and how much more menacing his Nik would be with Uncle Victor.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess we'll have some jewelry caper with Britt and waste of space, unless he steals the necklace first. He probably will. He's an imbecile. He can't help himself.

He was salivating over those jewels, like noboby's business.  He's going to seduce Britt, get the key, steal the jewels and take off, with her on his heels.  It would explain her absence which I'm still sad about, especially since she's playing a bimbo on Station 19.  But it would also get him off my screen which would be a bonus.  

15 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

And appallingly, super spy Anna spent that entire half hour farting around in the back of her car in the police station parking lot in broad daylight,

This.  So much this.  Get in your car, drive to some park somewhere, inspect your trunk, when you find the evidence drive to Robert's house, hide the items there until you can get them analized by a lab other than the one in Port Charles.   Also don't invovle the  WSB since Victor probably still has ties there.  It's not rocket science.  Once again, Anna is made to look like she hasn't spent the past 49 years as a WSB agent/DVX double agent.  

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Does Joss know that Sonny hung AJ on a meathook to get Michael and Michael was totes good with that? She's so incensed that Dex isn't quitting Sonny immediately.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

UGH.  I don't get it.  He's threatening Nikolas and all wooby pissed that Nik and Spencer are at odds, while simultaneously preventing a relationship between Valentin and Charlotte and planning Valentin's plane crash.  He's giving Joss and Carly a run for their money in the hypocrite category.  Also, "Family is the only thing, but also, I'll kill you in you dont' divorce Ava".  Well then, family isnt' everything if your plotting your son and your nephew's demises.  Who would that leave?  Spencer and Charlotte.  It's just stupid and pointless.

It's so stupid.  Victor is always talking about family but he's willing to wipe out a whole generation (sort of, Valentin is Nik's uncle) for what? Spencer may be on Victor's side now but wouldn't he start asking questions if Nik and Valentin both suddenly died? And what would he do with Charlotte, keep her in boarding school for the next ten years? Yeah, that will really make her want to listen to him. Unlike Stavros and Helena's plans, this is just messy and boring.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

Sonny betrayed Jason by falling for Nina. Ok Joss. I thought Carly telling Sonny his mob enemies don’t take him seriously anymore because he cheated on his wife was a reach but jr took the cake today 

• Love 5

Okay, so Joss is furious that Dex didn't cut ties with Sonny after Sonny did things to Dex that Jason used to do (or worse) to people all the time, but yet Jason is still a God. And yeah, it was CARLY that fucked up most of the things Jason tried to have for himself. She couldn't even choose Jason when she finally had him right where she wanted him. 

Makeup department fail today: Dex's lipstick was way too pink and totally clashed with his outfit. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Cam, remember Joss's outrage when you failed to tell her about Spencer's plan?  Why is it okay for Joss to keep secrets about Dex?

Because it's always different for the Corinthii. Their reasons are always more legitimate than anyone else's. It's so tiresome they never get a decent comeuppance.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm still sad about, especially since she's playing a bimbo on Station 19. 

That's the worse news I've heard in eons. KT is clearly capable of so much more. If that's the case, she was better off staying at GH.

In other news, with the height difference between the actors, Terry and Liz came off looking like mother and daughter yesterday.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 1
On 10/24/2022 at 5:28 PM, Blackie said:

Man, I was actually starting to get bored with all the blathering they kept doing. I was very close to ff through it

• Love 1

I am by no means an Austin lover, but Georgie can go away any time now. Let her and Spinelli take his asinine plotline outta town, please. Geeze, I hope they don't put Spinelli and Maxie together again. It's bad enough wardrobe has completely given up on dressing her with any sense of style, we do not need to regress her relationship-wise, as well.

It's hard to take Holly's threats towards Victor seriously when ES looks and sounds so weak. I feel for her and hope she will be well again soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Ava is too smart for the Cassadines. Why is Nik such a patsy?

Georgie needs some serious parenting. I would start by limiting her time with Spinelli for every rudeness towards Austin.

"This is what anguish and torment look like in a Brit."  I was never a Holly fan because she always seemed to sugary for me. I wish it had been Nicola Walker (Annika, Spooks, Unforgotten) delivering that line. 

if someone broke into Anna's house to plant bullets, of course they are going to take her coat with her DNA on it rather than try to duplicate it. It does Holly no favours to make her clueless when there are people like Ava on the show.

Why doesn't Robert fire the incompetent biased ADA? She screwed up Trina's case, it might be time to remind her that her job is no sinecure.

Sam looked very  good today.

• Love 9