Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 10/4/2022 at 2:13 PM, dubbel zout said:

Are we supposed to be stunned that she's alive? This show gives its viewers absolutely no credit. Why it clings to such outdated storytelling is beyond me. I know it's a soap—and certain tropes should be honored—but the lack of creativity is so depressing.

Maybe this is a second job for the writers.  Or a punishment.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The whole thing about the last name was so stupid.  She actually brings up Quartermain and Jackes, like either of those are options since she's no longer married to them.  Then jokes, ha ha wouldn't Monica's head explode if I changed my name back to Quartermain.  Here's a crazy thought, if you want to change your last name, honour your long suffering biological mother and call yourself Carly Spencer.  Oh wait, Spencer doesn't hold as much poofiness as Quartermain, Jackes or Corinthos does.   

I agree 100% but at the same time, how do you make Esme the killer and have her get away with this?  She's been put on contract, so it's not like this story is it and then she's gone.  

Maybe she gets hit on the head during capture.  Then has a traumatic brain injury like Jason that wipes her memory permanently, and creates a ‘good’ personality.  Then the GHverse legal system clears her, since the evil version that committed all those crimes is gone forever.

Or some such bullshit.

20 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kristina realized she was actually a lesbian like 6 years ago. Oh my god, I still remember my Baby Boomer mother reacting in horror when Kristina and Parker were in negliees and kissing each other. 

At least we know Dex can't sing and he can't start some band with Cam and Chase. 

Good memories…….

53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Michael spent months and months and MONTHS screaming at anyone who would listen that Nina is evil for keeping Sonny away from his children for NINE months and yet he's willing to send Sonny to prison and out of his children's lives.  So Carly's boy children are just as hypocritical as her girl children

So apparently keeping Sonny away from his children only matters as long as Sonny's with Carly.  Shut the fuck up, Michael.  Also, the entire sililoquies by him and Joss about how they were shocked--SHOCKED, I say--at Sonny's brutality were pretty laughable.  They've always known--and were not only fine with it, but used it to whatever means to an end they needed.  Entitled brats.

Gotta say, I love this give-no-fucks approach Nina has with Willow (and presumably Michael).  The grovelling wasn't getting her anywhere, so no reason to continue to humiliate herself for those two assholes.  Also--checks calendar--welcome to week 30 of Willow's first trimester.  Only a "few more weeks" until she, like an elephant, reaches her second.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Did Michael actually have the nerve to ask Sonny, "What happened to you?" Ummm... nothing; he's always had a brutal streak. Michael acts as though this is the first he's noticed it.  Why did he think they always had bodyguards around the house? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

They have to make Dex a fed or someone secretly from a rival mob family because there’s absolutely no way I buy that he would insist on continuing to work undercover for Michael knowing that Sonny already suspects him and had him tortured. He’d have to be the dumbest person alive to continue in that position for Michael of all people. 

Dex said in Wed’s episode that the security firm that Michael hired him from sent him into combat situations so he’s used to risking his life in answer to Michael’s concern. He sees the honor in stopping Sonny because he’s a bad guy. Plus the next guy Sonny targets may not survive. But he could be conning Michael as to who he is 

Michael should remember from Al Capone that sometimes it’s the small stuff that takes a mobster down, so RICO acts aren’t the only crimes to pay attention to

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Did Michael actually have the nerve to ask Sonny, "What happened to you?" Ummm... nothing; he's always had a brutal streak. Michael acts as though this is the first he's noticed it.  Why did he think they always had bodyguards around the house? 

Oh this is SO RICH. The SLS  was throwing his weight around when he was the red-headed menace-fully aware of who Mooby was. And yes, even whines about wanting in on da bidnez when he was SORAS’d to Drew Garrett. And yes, when Sean Kanan was brought back, he told him how Mooby put him on a meat hook and forced him to sign away his parental rights- for a few months he hated both Mooby and the Shebeast. But when Kanan was let go, all of that was forgotten, as well as Mooby MURDERING AJ. Even as early as last year, he was saying he should take control since Mooby was dead.

And I know there’s no use complaining since these hacks keep retconning shit on a weekly, monthly, daily basis.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

she told Drew today that she didn't understand why Virginia hadn't gone back to her maiden name after Frank left her high and dry.  No way is she going back to that.  So either Virginia's maiden name or Bobbie's.  

If she changes her last name to Spencer, I wonder if it’s because they realized that there isn’t anyone on canvas with the Spencer last name other than Bobbie who is on like 3 times a year. I always thought that’s why they had Ned finally change his name to Quartermaine along with BL following suite when she was recast. Tracy was departing and they saw that none of the Qs aside from Monica used the name. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow: "I cannot lose another child."  Why? You've got the one you stole from Nelle (and indirectly from Nina).

Willow did not steal anything from Nelle. Nelle lost custody of Wylie due to her own behavior and ended up falling off a cliff after she had kidnapped Wylie and slashed Brooklyn's throat.

Meanwhile Willow fell in love with Michael and adopted Wylie. This was after Nelle was presumed death.

As for Nina, she is presumably related to Wylie thanks to that Little Orphan Annie half-heart shaped  necklace. Her first interactions with Wylie after she saw Sasha wearing the necklace were because Willow and Michael made it happened. Despite the horrible history between both women (in which Nina was always the instigator), Wylie's parents had initially invited Nina into their son's life when they could have told her to kick rocks. By ignoring what they asked her (not talk about Nelle), Nina assumes that she knows better than Wylie's parents and during her second visit breaks their one rule. They paused the visits and rather than working things out with them and showing some patience, Nina ran to the emptiest bar in another state and spent the next 6 months in the dullest story of that year. Nina lied and kept secret about Sonny and when the truth came out, she lost all access to Wylie because she burned that bridge with Willow and Michael.

• Applause 1
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile Willow fell in love with Michael and adopted Wylie. This was after Nelle was presumed death.

Willow entered into a marriage of convenience with Michael solely for the purpose of keeping Nelle from having any kind of custody or relationship with Wylie and in exchange Michael offered her the opportunity to adopt Wylie and be his legal mother. That is what I meant.

ETA: I do not remember Michael and Willow telling Nina that she could not mention Nelle's name to Wylie but if they did, it was stupid because Wylie had spent time with Nelle recently enough that he would remember her. The prohibition was for Willow's sake not Wylie's because she fell apart at the idea that she wasn't Wylie's only mother.

The "she kept Sonny from his grandson" has been proven to be a pure b.s. justification since Michael has now kept Sonny from Wylie for even longer because his own adult pride got butthurt.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

Not that I'm on Carly's side, ever, but a news report can't say that Carly was responsible for Reese's crash when she wasn't even in the car.   Unless, they want to be sued?

Carly Morgan.  "I choose me."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Nina lied and kept secret about Sonny

Except Sonny-as-Mike said he didn't want to know who he was before Nixon Falls. That he had a sense that he was not a good person and so he didn't want to dig around and find out about himself. And Nina keeping the secret from Carly, at least initially, wouldn't have happened if Carly wasn't a shrieking banshee who resents Nina for breathing. Regardless, I'm sure the writers have forgotten by now that it was Sonny who had less than zero interest in discovering his identity and getting back to his family, if he had any, but I haven't.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Except Sonny-as-Mike said he didn't want to know who he was before Nixon Falls. That he had a sense that he was not a good person and so he didn't want to dig around and find out about himself.

Perhaps in response to Michael's asking what happened to him, Sonny could have said, "I came back here from Nixon Falls. When I didn't remember who I was, I was a better person."

• Love 5

Carly's bugging me. Virginia doesn't care where here bones are. But, at this point, all the other people with family members buried there have made other arrangements, and Carly's dragging it out.

Ryan's fantasy cracked me up.  If you threaten to kill Ava she's not going to start kissing you back.

I actually think it would be kind of cool if Esme was Ava's attacker, but if Brando and Diane were attacked by someone else. The fact that the weapon was a hook was the world's worst kept secret, and I don't know how, even with a hook, Esme could have so easily gotten the better of Brando.  It would also explain why there was no poison the first attack.

Esme seemed to be just as interested in the talk about Dex as she was in the talk about Ryan, but that could have been because she was interested whether he could/would be blamed and she could get away scott-free.

Why is Dex so invested in taking Sonny down?  Not going to buy it's just the money or because it's a right cause

And, Sonny is the biggest moron on the face of the earth. He hires the best known torturer in Port Charles and gets surprised that there was going to be torture involved?  Really Sonny?  Really?

Oh, I forgot.  Nina, just because 2 people are hugging doesn't mean they're having an affair.  Especially when they're right out in the open and don't look like they care if anyone sees them.  What a ridiculous conclusion to jump to.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Not that I'm on Carly's side, ever, but a news report can't say that Carly was responsible for Reese's crash when she wasn't even in the car.   Unless, they want to be sued?

Carly Morgan.  "I choose me."

to be fair, they said she was "rumored to be responsible."  However, that still seems to be quite the stretch.  Not in the car.  Not in the middle of the road causing the car to swerve.  What exactly was the meat of this rumor?  I wouldn't have included that in the story  She was married to a mob boss if they're going for dirt.  Not really sure what any of that has to do with a cemetery, though.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She was married to a mob boss if they're going for dirt.  Not really sure what any of that has to do with a cemetery, though.

LOL'ing at Carly's "they're trying to silence me."  Honestly, I would've preferred the article mentioned how she's essentially Karen-ing her way into this 'fight,' what with the sob story of "no one told me!" and doing this after half the cemetery  has already been relocated.  

Also, Drew has become insufferable.  So desperate to get laid that  he'll 'yes' Carly to death no matter what she says or does.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
On 10/5/2022 at 3:51 AM, Kiki777 said:

By the way, didn’t Reese survive that car crash and show up in Port Charles shortly before LW took over the role of Carly?

The way they're writing this so far (unless I zoned out on some dialogue, which is very likely in Carly/Drew scenes), it seems they're trying to strike a delicate balance. They don't want to write anything that invalidates the story some of us suffered through in 2005, with Reese alive and in Port Charles, but they also don't want to remind us of it too much by having Carly say to Drew, "And then she turned up alive, now an FBI agent, and came to Port Charles and had affairs with Sonny and his brother, before dying for real in a train crash."

Her comments about Reese have heavily tilted toward their Jacksonville teen history. Viewers who missed 2005 would think that's all there is.  But when she described the car crash she had narrowly missed being in, she said it left two girls dead and one in a coma. Reese, presumably, was the one in a coma. I took that as a continuity bouquet thrown to those who were watching in the Reese era.  

We'll see if they keep walking the tightrope, with all future scenes involving Carly and the Linda Purl character.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Next preemption after tomorrow for sports will be for the next (and probably final) January 6 Committee hearing, which will be next Thursday October 13 starting at 1pm ET

Edited by DanaK
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Good for Oz for sticking it to Jordan. That little sermon at the end from her and Robert about using his talents for good was gross. So of course after his moment of glory is ended by the Hooker. Sigh.

Before I realized TempBrook was played by the same actor as before, I thought, Wow, here's a temp who had a real handle on the character. Heh.

Ugh, I didn't need to hear Chase sing again. I wish he'd tell BLQ he's going to quit singing the minute he gets reinstated onto the PCPD, though I wouldn't put it past her to damn him with faint praise in her letter of "support." 

It cracks me up Drew Chase now has a band, whereas at the sound check it was just him and the song sounded exactly the same.

No Carly/Drew was so nice.

Edited by dubbel zout
Drew is not Chase!
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up Drew now has a band,

You meant Chase yes?!

they were quite heavy handed on the 'Chase will be reinstated really soon' stuff today so I'm wondering if they realize their mistake, that Chase should NOT be a rock star.  If Rory turns out to be the hooker (dressed in drag), then they'll need another cop at the station.  Hence Chase's return.  

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Her comments about Reese have heavily tilted toward their Jacksonville teen history. V

Because she was tryiing hard to work the 'woe is me' angle with Drew and the 2005 stuff doesn't fit that narrative.  

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up Drew now has a band,

You meant Chase yes?!

Yes! Fixed that, thanks.

12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Because she was tryiing hard to work the 'woe is me' angle with Drew and the 2005 stuff doesn't fit that narrative.

Which doesn't matter, because Drew tells her nothing is her fault no matter what the circumstance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I didn't get to see the last 5 minutes because work interfered with the things I enjoy or enjoy to hate, depending on the day of the week. So the Hooker killed Oz, then? I'm disappointed that I missed that, but not disappointed that I missed Chase singing, but that would have gone on mute real fast.

I know Esme said she had nothing to do with it, but she definitely has the motive to want Oz dead. And shut up, Jordan, with your grand standing. You bought Portia the time she needed to wake the man from his coma. This show has zero rootable characters. 

The scenes with Esme/Ryan were great. It's nice to see two capable actors acting opposite each other.

Elizabeth thinks she killed Finn's wife? This storyline makes absolutely no sense. From start to end. It's just a complete dumpster fire.

BL not being too hot about Chase going back to the force. The way they write BL is really bad. She's flighty, self-centered and selfish to the extreme. I'm all for wanting to make sacrifices for your partner, but that has to be reciprocated, otherwise it doesn't work. On top of being a complete dud of a relationship, Chase doesn't exist in his own world anymore, he lives in BL's world. They better reinstate him back to the force ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

The way Chase's current life is all about Brook Lynn, you'd think she was a Corinthos.

If that was an example of Brook Lynn's song writing, I  think that she needs to start thinking about a different career.

I assume they killed Oz to make it look like Esme is the Hooker but there are other characters I'd rather have lost (like Cody). I would have liked to see Oz as a sleazy-lawyer-about-town.

Portia treats Trina like she's 9 rather than 19 so I'm not surprised that Trina pushes back, or that she resents Curtis treating her the sane way.

I have come to dislike Victor and Nik enough that I don't mind if Esme takes the family down.

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Elizabeth thinks she killed Finn's wife? This storyline makes absolutely no sense. From start to end. It's just a complete dumpster fire.

It's so stupid. Was it supposed to have occurred before Liz showed up 25 years ago? Just how big an age gap is there between Liz and Finn? And how bad a doctor is Finn that he thinks Reiko died of a disease but it was really Liz pushing her down the stairs?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

Willow did not steal anything from Nelle. Nelle lost custody of Wylie due to her own behavior and ended up falling off a cliff after she had kidnapped Wylie and slashed Brooklyn's throat.

As for Nina, she is presumably related to Wylie thanks to that Little Orphan Annie half-heart shaped  necklace. Her first interactions with Wylie after she saw Sasha wearing the necklace were because Willow and Michael made it happened. Despite the horrible history between both women (in which Nina was always the instigator), Wylie's parents had initially invited Nina into their son's life when they could have told her to kick rocks. By ignoring what they asked her (not talk about Nelle), Nina assumes that she knows better than Wylie's parents and during her second visit breaks their one rule. They paused the visits and rather than working things out with them and showing some patience, Nina ran to the emptiest bar in another state and spent the next 6 months in the dullest story of that year. Nina lied and kept secret about Sonny and when the truth came out, she lost all access to Wylie because she burned that bridge with Willow and Michael.

Thank you!!! I don’t care how much you hate Willow, but to pretend like she stole Wiley is ridiculous. Especially coming from people who didn’t care a single bit that Nelle basically stole Wiley away from Michael by giving him to Brad.

18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Willow entered into a marriage of convenience with Michael solely for the purpose of keeping Nelle from having any kind of custody or relationship with Wylie and in exchange Michael offered her the opportunity to adopt Wylie and be his legal mother. That is what I meant.

ETA: I do not remember Michael and Willow telling Nina that she could not mention Nelle's name to Wylie but if they did, it was stupid because Wylie had spent time with Nelle recently enough that he would remember her. The prohibition was for Willow's sake not Wylie's because she fell apart at the idea that she wasn't Wylie's only mother.

The "she kept Sonny from his grandson" has been proven to be a pure b.s. justification since Michael has now kept Sonny from Wylie for even longer because his own adult pride got butthurt.

Willow entered into the marriage of convenience because she believed - with VERY good reason - that Nelle was a sociopath and had no business having custody of a house plant, let alone a child. She did not enter the marriage with the idea of becoming Wylie’s legal mother because Nelle losing custody wouldn’t have automatically have rescinded her maternal rights. She adopted Wylie after Nelle died. You know the Nelle who died fleeing after SLASHING a woman’s throat. 

17 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Except Sonny-as-Mike said he didn't want to know who he was before Nixon Falls. That he had a sense that he was not a good person and so he didn't want to dig around and find out about himself. And Nina keeping the secret from Carly, at least initially, wouldn't have happened if Carly wasn't a shrieking banshee who resents Nina for breathing. Regardless, I'm sure the writers have forgotten by now that it was Sonny who had less than zero interest in discovering his identity and getting back to his family, if he had any, but I haven't.

It doesn’t matter what Sonny did, or did not, want to know. Nina knew who he was and choose to keep that to herself for selfish reasons. This includes going back to PC and saying not a word. She lied. And, yes, Carly was a horrible banshee and I don’t necessarily blame Nina in that moment for not saying anything to Carly, but that doesn’t excuse her from not trying again, or not telling someone else. There were plenty of other people Nina could have told. And, no, the show didn’t forget about Sonny not wanting to know. He admitted it at the custody trial.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I would have liked to see Oz as a sleazy-lawyer-about-town.

He could have given Scott a run for his money, heh. Oh, imagine them working together! SIgh. RIP, Oz. You deserved a lot better.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And how bad a doctor is Finn that he thinks Reiko died of a disease but it was really Liz pushing her down the stairs?

Do we know Reiko was dead after falling down the stairs? Given that Elizabeth is remembering things in bits and pieces, I'm not sure. And neither is she.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know Reiko was dead after falling down the stairs? Given that Elizabeth is remembering things in bits and pieces, I'm not sure. And neither is she.

That's what makes this so ridiculous. Reiko probably wasn't dead but Elizabeth is going about it in such an ass-backward way, she's not even looking up when Reiko died, or when she married Finn, both of which should be public knowledge so she can see if their paths ever crossed and if so, when.

• Love 1

I so very very much want Esme to be the hook killer because I loathe the character so much.

I wonder if Carly will change her last name to Spencer to honor her biological mother.  Although I don’t know why she doesn’t just keep her current last name.  It’s not like she’s Erica Kane or anything.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

she's not even looking up when Reiko died, or when she married Finn, both of which should be public knowledge so she can see if their paths ever crossed and if so, when.

That would mean that the show would have to acknowledge that we live in the 21st century where technology and computers exist.  And in this town, the only computer that anyone knows about is the god awful Society Setups App.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So the Hooker killed Oz, then? I

We don't know if he's dead.  He was talking to someone on the phone while walking the docks and the hooker came up behind him and hooked him.  This was right after Esme told Ryan that she wasn't behind the attacks but that she had some retribution to deal out.  

I'm guessing Esme didn't do the other three, but took advantage of the opportunity and hooked Oz, for daring to help exonerate Trina.  The police will assume that it's the same person.  Wether they figure out that this would mean the connection between the victims is Triina and not Sonny, will remain to be seen.   

Ironically, there must have been a sale on black cloaks and hooks at Murderers Are Us, for two people to be pulling this off.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Portia treats Trina like she's 9 rather than 19

In Portia's defence, Trina acts like she's 9 rather than 19.  The whole, I'm a grown woman thing doesn't work when there is a killer on the loose and two grown women have already been attacked.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The whole, I'm a grown woman thing doesn't work when there is a killer on the loose and two grown women have already been attacked.  

But she is being careful. She asked Taggart to be with her when she went to the hospital to see Ava although Curtis assumed that Trina was alone.  Neither Curtis nor Portia have asked her what steps she is taking to protect herself as they seem to be okay with her running around town alone and meeting Portia at Kelly's as long as she doesn't work at Ava's gallery. The only one who appears to be taking bodyguard steps is Sonny.

• Love 3

I am going to give Sonny the benefit of the doubt that he believed the carver was going to tickle Dex until he confessed. 

And I do believe Carly when she says that she wants to fight for the little people without means, cuz isn't that what she has done her whole. entire. life. 

And I will totally buy that "falling into place" song on iTunes that Chase so beautifully almost vocalized today. Again. 

(Pardon my facetiousness.)  

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Neither are the writers.

"Trying to figure out what line not to cross is tough in our business." Nice try, Robert, but I'm old enough to remember a time when soaps had the moral clarity to know that a person willing to risk killing a person to get what they want is the person in the wrong. Soaps were a lot more interesting when good people actually had to face consequences when they did something bad, rather than getting to climb up on their high horse and justify their actions on the basis that the victim had it coming.

Edited by Steph J
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know Reiko was dead after falling down the stairs?

What kind of repressed memory is it that you can move someone's hair out of the way to see their face?  Liz circa '97 would know who she was arguing with, and maybe would be checking for a pulse, rather than getting a good look at Reiko's face. 

Could Portia stop squealing already?  Call the hooker, I'm sick of her.

Love that crack security at Ryan's prison.  Esme can just come and go, despite being banned by Kevin.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Chase yes?!

they were quite heavy handed on the 'Chase will be reinstated really soon' stuff today so I'm wondering if they realize their mistake, that Chase should NOT be a rock star.  If Rory turns out to be the hooker (dressed in drag), then they'll need another cop at the station.  Hence Chase's return.  

I would be shocked if they had a cross dressing serial killer storyline in the current shrill environment.  GH would be roasted alive in social media if they did so.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Suicidy said:

I would be shocked if they had a cross dressing serial killer storyline in the current shrill environment.  GH would be roasted alive in social media if they did so.

Maybe. But - and my grandmother watched this soap, not me, but told me all about it back in the day - Guiding Light already did such a thing, so it's not like it would be something never done before.

Still, yeah, I bet the show will try to avoid certain hot buttons.

Color me surprised with Oz being quite capable of legal arguments. Did they say before he went to law school and I forget or missed it? Too bad he may be dead now

Also, the Ryan/Esme scenes were a standout

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

Color me surprised with Oz being quite capable of legal arguments. Did they say before he went to law school and I forget or missed it?

Yes they did, but I can't remember the details now, need more coffee. 😝

• LOL 1

I'm gonna guess that they're making it look like Esme is the killer, but it will turn out to be her long spoken of but not seen nanny. The nanny is killing off people who helped Trina/ went against Esme with Brando getting offed instead of Joss. The nanny was a disciple of Ryan's and got the nanny gig to raise Esme on his behalf. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm gonna guess that they're making it look like Esme is the killer, but it will turn out to be her long spoken of but not seen nanny. The nanny is killing off people who helped Trina/ went against Esme with Brando getting offed instead of Joss. The nanny was a disciple of Ryan's and got the nanny gig to raise Esme on his behalf. 

Maybe the nanny is Esme’s birth mother? I did think at first it was Felicia but they probably won’t go forward with giving Mac and Felicia a surprise child at the same time.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm gonna guess that they're making it look like Esme is the killer, but it will turn out to be her long spoken of but not seen nanny.

Chekov's Nanny! 

What if Diane only thought it was a woman based on smaller stature?  I'm still holding out hope for Rory.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It doesn’t matter what Sonny did, or did not, want to know. Nina knew who he was and choose to keep that to herself for selfish reasons. This includes going back to PC and saying not a word. She lied. And, yes, Carly was a horrible banshee and I don’t necessarily blame Nina in that moment for not saying anything to Carly, but that doesn’t excuse her from not trying again, or not telling someone else.[ There were plenty of other people Nina could have told. And, no, the show didn’t forget about Sonny not wanting to know. He admitted it at the custody trial.

But isn't the bolded the whole Carly Conundrum, that she gets to be rude and horrible for no reason, to resent people just for existing,  but if they don't repay her nastiness with kindness and understanding, they're the devil? I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the History thread, because there's a whole bunch of other characters she's dumped on over the years out of nothing other than base meanness. Nina's just the latest target of it, and that was before she "lied" and "hurt Carly's family", the family she's away from because she's off gallivanting in freaking Jacksonville over a mother she didn't care about when the woman was alive. IMO, it would be great if someone was really allowed to give her some pushback, and I even think that the previous Nina could have done it. Cynthia Watros has a much softer take, and while I know a lot of people eventually got sick of Michelle Stafford flailing all over the place, that Nina could have given Carly more of a run for her money.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

IMO, it would be great if someone was really allowed to give her some pushback,

The only person who ever got to do that was Robin. That slap will never  NOT be satisfying to me.

But then Frank and his hacks had her kissing the Shebeast’s ass when she and Patrick were leaving the show. 

So in the end, Frank RUINS everyone and everything!

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Blackie said:
8 hours ago, DanaK said:

Color me surprised with Oz being quite capable of legal arguments. Did they say before he went to law school and I forget or missed it?

Yes they did, but I can't remember the details now, need more coffee. 😝

He mentioned it when he was in Esmé's motel room, before she drugged him. I'm legit surprised that little seed came to fruition, given how sloppy the writers are.

Esme made it sound like she wasn't even in PC when the other hookings happened, so if she is the one who attacked Oz, it was a copycat thing.  

I know Esme is a psycho but I would hate the show making her a flat-out murderer.  (Unless there is a good twin waiting in the wings, so they can do a next generation storyline.) 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Call me starry-eyed, but I think it would be less about covering their asses, and more about not being irresponsible bigots.

6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What if Diane only thought it was a woman based on smaller stature?  I'm still holding out hope for Rory.

This other woman/smol man also was wearing Esme's exact same knee-length ladies' coat, so I am beyond exasperated at all of this nonsense at this point.

Also, I am once again asking GH writers to either give Drew his memory back, or stop having him reference having been a Navy Seal so often. For practical purposes, if he can't remember his training or experiences, he is no more of a Seal than I am.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

Color me surprised with Oz being quite capable of legal arguments. Did they say before he went to law school and I forget or missed it? Too bad he may be dead now

When Esme went over to his place to get rid of him (spiking his drink), he told her that he graduated first in his law class. It was hard to believe then too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

How old is dex? Maybe he's another one of sonny's children?it was so funny when sonny said what's with the knives? Did he think the carver was making the chicken in the freezer?

• LOL 4