Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think when the killer found out he was going to live, he/she got in the room and poisoned him then, and then added the poison to the hook for the next attack.  

After he bought the venom on Amazon.com.   Because venom is so easy to acquire.

• LOL 1

Oh, Mo. He was extremely pause-filled today.

I did like his line read on "why do you care so much Michael".  There was just the right amount of confusion as to why Michael would be all up his grill about his own employee and what he was doing with him.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, YaddaYadda said:

When he said he wanted a lawyer, I was expecting Mac to reply that he was shit out of luck because Diane was on her way to the hospital and there was a fat chance in hell that Sonny was going to call Scott.

Seriously, who is Sonny going to call? I don't remember why Martin is off screen and Alexis has been disbarred.

PC only has about ten cops counting the cops in the main cast.  So it stands to reason there are only a few other attorneys outside the main cast in the  whole town.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

or the killer has attacked Trina's mentor, Trina's best friend (Joss was the target. but the stupid Hooker went for Brando), and Trina's lawyer. 

It’s going to be Esme.  Or a slight chance that Nelle isn’t dead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Can you imagine being an Aurora investor?
first the owners do this really sketchy merger.
THEN the merger flops. 
and since then all the CEO/owner cares about is

1: where his wife is at all times. 
2: where the woman he's thirsty over is
3: getting one up on his dad
4: fighting for dead people's justice in a town he does't even live in. 

i'd legit cash out. 

Don’t forget how he was going to have Aurora give Carly her money back to recoup her losses.  If I were a shareholder amd that came to pass, I would sue the company, Drew, and SLS.  I would additionally push for an SEC criminal investigation of the company and its officers for same.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Don’t forget how he was going to have Aurora give Carly her money back to recoup her losses.  If I were a shareholder amd that came to pass, I would sue the company, Drew, and SLS.  I would additionally push for an SEC criminal investigation of the company and its officers for same.  

actually he was going to sell Crimson to give the money of Aurora's biggest profit maker (to give Carly back the money to recoup her losses). which is actually worse imo. and this is where Val being all distracted by stupid Sheffield sucks because Val should legit be buying every single piece of stock he could and merge Aurora into ELQ anyway and kick those idiots out. This company is prime for a takeover and i am amazed no one did it. 

2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I am officially off Team Curtis. Who does he think he is to get Ava to fire his fiancé's adult daughter for her possible safety? Even if he knew he were her actual father, that's some Carly-level of meddling going on.

as if it would do anything. 
what this is though is classic "I hate My Real Birth Parent" manufactured crap. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think rory's the killer.  I don't know why.

He got this look on his face when Jordan called him to go guard Diane that made me wonder for a second if that is where they are going to steer this out of control story.

• Love 1

I know the writers are trying desperately to interest us in this epic love story between Carly and NuDrew but it will never, ever happen for me. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think rory's the killer.  I don't know why. I also don't think the killer, whoever it was, poisoned the hook before stabbing Brando.  I think when the killer found out he was going to live, he/she got in the room and poisoned him then, and then added the poison to the hook for the next attack.  

Doesn't fit with what happened with Diane. She arrived at the hospital both stabbed and poisoned.

I think that Rory is boring and him hanging out with Cam, Joss because he's dating Trina makes it look more like the Big Brother program than anything else. But I don't think he has anything to do with this. And if anything, he would have been on his way to the axe throwing place with Trian & Co when Diane was stabbed. He doesn't wear anything that makes that clinking noise that both Brando and Joss heard.

Even if the writers decided to turn Rory into a sociopath serial killer, it won't make him interesting. He is just incredibly boring.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Doesn't fit with what happened with Diane. She arrived at the hospital both stabbed and poisoned.

That does fit.  I said later he added the poison to the next attack, which would be Diane.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My mother DESPERATELY wants the killer to be Rory.  She can't stand him.

I’m with your mom. He’s both boring and annoying. But hilarious if he’s randomly a murderer. Maybe he’s Ryan’s secret son. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I hated Trina’s orange eye makeup today.  So distracting.  

For the longest time I wanted Curtis to have a better storyline because I liked his character and the actor who plays him.  Now I kind of wish they would put him back on friend duty because this dreck is horrible.  At least he was a good friend character.

Portia doesn’t get to burst into Jordan’s office and then get all snippy when Jordan questions her about Trina.  Maybe Portia should have steered clear.

I liked the conversation between Sam and Spinelli.  Spinelli can be all sorts of annoying, but I do think he’s a good dad.  Plus it’s good continuity that these two go way back, when Spin lived with Sam and Jason back when JaSam were actually an interesting couple.  Now that’s really going back!

Weirdly, I liked the Sonny scenes today.  I thought Mo did well. When he was questioning Michael it’s like I could see the wheels turning in his head, very, very slowly, ha!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6

I hope once the truth comes out that Taggert and Trina both tell Curtis and Portia to stay the hell away from them forever.  Then Selina Wu sets up Curtis and he is arrested publicly for his crimes by Jordan.  Selina takes over the club and puts Brad in as manager.  Curtis gets to spend the next twenty years in prison reflecting upon his life choices.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

What is the ultimate goal of this stupid story? For Michael to hurt Sonny? And then what? What's the story after that? I'm over this revenge, esp. b/c the reasons are lame.

I don't think they got that far thinking it out. I get the feeling that they needed something for Michael to do and since he doesn't actually work, this is all that they could come up with. Being there for Willow isn't enough for the juvenile lead.

I like that Sonny's knife guy "comes highly recommended by Selina Wu." Now that's a real mob boss

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Really, Show? You're now going to tie Cody to Austin? He's already got Dante and Mac (hopefully not). Who is Cody, the Zelig of Port Charles? Poor Josh Kelly.

And then Austin seemed to recognize the name of Leopold Taub. More ugh.

You forgot Britt through Faison.

When you have to tie a new character to that many existing characters, you've already failed.

7 hours ago, ciarra said:

If Dex is outside the only door, shouldn't he have seen someone?

Shouldn't there be another door? Most garages have a side door to get to the cars parked outside.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I hated Trina’s orange eye makeup today.  So distracting.  

It was very distracting. No Trina, you don't have to match your makeup to every outfit.

• Love 3

Today in "Wardrobe Fails." I know this is small potatoes for GH, but Michael's shirt isn't a good fit. Either it's shrunk in the laundry or it's something they had in Michael's rotation when the actor was a little smaller (no shame). Anyway, now it's tight, and not in a sexy way.

Michael Sam.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Katy M said:

Am I the only one who thinks it would have been funny if instead of Drew the Hook man had flown down to Jacksonville to kill Carly?

Maybe he did. Maybe Victor figured out how to initiate Drew's mind control and is knocking off PC Residents. Maybe THATS the big thing he's been warning about 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When you have to tie a new character to that many existing characters, you've already failed.

not necessarily. I mean if it's done right it could work.

But if you were going to go through this much effort and retcon to make this work - they legit would have been better off paying the royalities and have this guy be Dillion or Lucky. it would be more believable, and a lot of stories right now would benefit from a Dillion or Lucky vs. Bearded Wonder.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Daisy said:

Trina is whinging about Cam knowing the truth. Get over yourself Trina. 

Oy, is she still on that? I would have understood if she was a little stung at first - no one likes being out of the loop - but one conversation with Cam and she should have understood his position and that he did nothing wrong there. Joss is a bad influence.

Fucking Portia. I could swear I used to like her, but jeeeeeeezus. I also wish Jordan had laughed in her face when Dr. PantsOnFire accused her of still wanting Curtis.

Speaking of which, fucking Curtis! How exactly would quitting the gallery keep Trina safe? Is the Happy Hooker attached to the gallery in any way? And if Curtis is concerned about that, how about starting with a conversation with Trina? Who is a legal adult. And I mean an actual conversation where he brings up his concerns, not him demanding she quit.

#KeepTrinaTaggerts

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Ava does not have to fire Trina.  Just tell her not to come to the gallery until the killer is caught.  I hate their interference with either lovers or friends with this kind of fake rejection. 

It could be Dex did not see anything, but he might have heard something.   But by now he should know not to get blood on his hands.  Sonny torturing someone is going to raise sympathy for them.  Probably what show is trying to do. 

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Sonny torturing someone is going to raise sympathy for them.  Probably what show is trying to do. 

Will it, though, knowing that Dex is working with Michael to hurt Sonny?

And it's not like Michael showed up at Sonny's out of concern for Dex's safety either. He is there strictly to cover his own ass.

Not gonna lie, though, when they showed Dex tied up like that, I thought about AJ and the meat hook.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It would serve all these idiots right if Portia never got a DNA test and is just assuming Trina is Curtis's...and then she's not.  

that's what i said. like. even yesterday Portia was like "But i was with Taggert three years after I was with Curtis." so why are you so sure Curtis's is the father.  i mean i hate this storyline regardless, but considering with just did this with Jackie who also had no idea but because she looveeeeedddd Finn she always just assumed her wish was the truth seeing it play out again is dumb, especially since it hurts  a very established character in Taggert. 

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Oy, is she still on that? I would have understood if she was a little stung at first - no one likes being out of the loop - but one conversation with Cam and she should have understood his position and that he did nothing wrong there. Joss is a bad influence.

yeah.  this is very much reading out like the whole Joss "I can't believe you Hate Jason" tour with Cam. But like at the axe throwery place, she's like yeah whatever I forgive you now (also knowing she's lying to Cam) then to Ava she's still harping on it "but you know i forgive him now." 

and to me it's like. who cares. it's not your divine right to know all and who cares if Spencer believed in you at this point. you basically washed your hands of him so move on

• Love 3

I don't think that Ava is firing Trina. I think she either sold the gallery, or has someone temporarily taking over and taking a leave of absence. She's doing this so that Trina can still work at the gallery, keep her job, continue to get her college credit, but not be in any potential danger because she's around Ava who might still be a target. And that's what she was finishing up her phone call about, and will tell Trina today. I think.

Unlike Curtis, Ava actually loves, respects Trina, and thinks of the full situation.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

So, Spinelli can hack everyone in the world, but couldn't trace back to Esme that she was the one who uploaded that sex vid. Yep, sure.

Show, don't even be trying to say it's a matter of "delicate sensibilities" if someone objects to torture. Because, hard nope.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

@driver18 was right. Ava just shut down the gallery. good.  oh Curtis was behind that too. whatever.  Ava/Curtis gets Trina this posh internship but because Curtis was behind it so she shoves it back to Curtis and says she doesn't want it.  Get over yourself Trina. Take the internship and tell Curtis to stay out of your life. Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face. 

I will also point this out just because you are a sophomore in college living in the dorms doesn't make you an adult. i always feel like Tywin Lannister "If you have to keep telling people you are an adult, you are no adult." (not to mention, it won't stop people from caring).  

Portia keeps demanding if Jordan will tell Curtis her big sekrit. honestly if I were Jordan, i would say yes (Jordan is not me though) Portia is trying to justify her lie and says that she won't throw everyone's world upside down because Jordan keeps inserting herself into her life. Legit this woman is Carly 2.0. officially dead to me. (well she was dead to me before this but this was the extra nails in the coffin)

Maxie is still selling Mac to Bearded Wonder.  Bearded Wonder says he doesn't want a Cop for a dad. Guess what. We don't want you as Mac's son.  Winning.

Spinelli is whinging. Don't care. (and honestly spinelli is freaking out about breaking the law and how Georgie2 will only visit him in jail. So you know. WHY NOT STOP DOING ILLEGAL STUFF? ) Spinelli is all "well i lost my 2 guiding lights." No. Spinelli. you threw Ellie away for Jason.  you didn't lose her. Anyway Spinelli is telling Sam, and Sam is appropriately disgusted and says He's screwed. 

Michael sucks at espionage. Sonny flat out says if you want to take me back, you accept me for who I am. then we can talk. Michael rolls his eyes. . Sonny basically verbalizes he's Sonny, he's never going to change and he doesn't give a damn if it upsets Dipstick's delicate sensibilities. heh. (but yeah. murder/torture is wrong regrdless) Michael still sucks at trying to save Baby Jason and Sonny wants to know what's up. Michael finally gets a clue and says that if you are wrong and do this to Baby Jason that leaves the killer open to kill someone you say you love. Joss shows up to defend baby Jason (she's much better at it. the power of the lady boner at work) what pisses me off about both of these two dumbos is why not freaking call Mac (hahaha), Dante, and have HIM tell off Sonny and put baby Jason in protective custody? they still want their cake and eat it too.

Mac wants to know what Felicia told Bearded Wonder lmao. Mac knows his wife. they show up at Maxie's and Bearded Wonder goes "do you think you are my father?" Me: NO. PLEASE NO. they are trying to sell Bearded Wonder. just stop. 

I'm also tired of Mr Clean and Austin. ... is he stealing bodyparts?!

Ava is being released? she couldn't even walk her three rounds of the nurses station. 

Sonny has had enough of entitled children of the corn and asked them to leave. but they said enough so Baby Jason won't get cut up. (for now, because Sonny realizes he kinda needs more facts) This cutter guy is sadistic. this is gross.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Epiphany is still studying for the MCAT?  Willow has been through nursing school, taken her exams and graduated, started work in less time.

Maxie and Felicia, stop trying to get Cody to join the family. You're going to regret it when you find out what he's really like.

Today's episode was about boundaries, and Curtis, Portia, and Spinelli way overstepped theirs.

SHUT UP Portia. Stop projecting on to Jordan your inability to run your own life.

26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Legit this woman is Carly 2.0. officially dead to me. (well she was dead to me before this but this was the extra nails in the coffin)

She had such potential but she's a total waste right now.

Curtis, don't try to excuse yourself by saying that you're justified because you want to keep Trina safe.  He needs to learn boundaries and Portia sure isn't going to teach him.

Both Michael and Joss have been brutal to Sonny but they still feel that they have the right to tell him how to behave. Truly Carly's kids.

Why doesn't Dex just tell Sonny that he's working for Michael? It's not like he owes Michael that much loyalty, and I doubt that Michael is paying him enough for this. The "I want to take down a bad man" is swiss cheese after seeing how Sonny protects Carly's family.

Sam, what Spinelli did wrong was not the algorithm failing by mismatching Britt and Cody, it was the gross invasion of privacy he did to create the algorithm itself.

38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm also tired of Mr Clean and Austin. ... is he stealing bodyparts?!

My guess is fixing up mob people and not reporting gun shot wounds to the police.

I admit, I'm mildly curious who this family member running things is.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Epiphany is still studying for the MCAT?  Willow has been

Not that I've missed her, but whatever happened to Willow?   It's been years since she was on, fretting about her diagnosis. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why doesn't Dex just tell Sonny that he's working for Michael? It's not like he owes Michael that much loyalty, and I doubt that Michael is paying him enough for this. The "I want to take down a bad man" is swiss cheese after seeing how Sonny protects Carly's family.

either way he'd be dead. like if he tells him about Michael, Sonny would kill him for being a snitch. right now he's dead. but what i would do if i got out of this is tell Michael to blow it out his rear.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis, don't try to excuse yourself by saying that you're justified because you want to keep Trina safe.  He needs to learn boundaries and Portia sure isn't going to teach him.

i will say as much as i hate Curtis. I don't blame him for what he did. I'm removing the whole  "Drama because You are my father" crap for a moment. as "I am Adult Woman, Here Me Roar"  Trina is being, Curtis is a figure in her life, will be a stepfather, and does live (when not at dorms) under his roof. you care. the argument was that Ava/the gallery won't be as safe as the Chuck, so Ava and he  made it so she would be safe, and not lose her credits etc at the same time. for me personally, I would be touched that someone cared abut me that much to ensure that even whilst i could be a target, they didn't fully put me in bubble wrap or hurt my future, and this was clearly something that Trina wanted but could't apply for because she missed the deadline. This whole "why didn't you ask me." stuff frustrates me a lot because a lot of times in real life, you can't just ask everyone everything at every given moment. or do you have the life experience/perspective to see the picture in 3D. 

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My guess is fixing up mob people and not reporting gun shot wounds to the police.

oh. well that's boring. but it sure seemed the Q's dodged a big bullet (no pun intended) there. but i am with you. i wanna know who She is. 

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam, what Spinelli did wrong was not the algorithm failing by mismatching Britt and Cody, it was the gross invasion of privacy he did to create the algorithm itself.

also disgusting was that Spinelli is all this is great even though i would go to jail! he was about it.  and we know sam won't do any thing bout it. so.. hopefully the FBI gets involved. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This cutter guy is sadistic. this is gross.

Is he though?  I mean, obviously I'm not advocating for torture and violence, but all the Carver did today was yackety yack about what he will do, while lovingly touching his pack of knives (not a euphimism!!)  then he went out for a smoke break and chat with Frank (why isn't he still on Ava's door??).  then he was shut down by Sonny.  

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why doesn't Dex just tell Sonny that he's working for Michael?

Because then Sonny would kill him for sure.  

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I admit, I'm mildly curious who this family member running things is.

I feel like it's going to turn out to be Selena.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

While I thought Brook Kerr did a great job with her material both yesterday and today, God, do I despise Portia. Everyone involved deserves to know the truth. She didn't tell Taggert and Trina the truth because she didn't think she'd ever see Curtis again. But when she reconnected with him, he asked her and she lied. This thing should have outed years ago.

But here we are and I'm looking forward to this whole thing blowing up in her face. It's odd how under the illusion I was that Portia was a good person, but her track record says otherwise. She cheated on her husband and would have kept up the affair if Curtis hadn't found out she was married, so she has a history of lying. She lied about her kid's paternity. And I'm assuming that Taggert will have asked her about that too and she lied about that. She had zero regard for Oz's life. She could've killed him bringing him out of that coma. If the storyline with the sex tape wasn't so badly handled, I would've rooted for him to die (pretty sure I did). And she's very insecure to boot when it comes to Jordan. Dear Portia, I can't stand you or your simpering or anything to do with you. 

I'm really hoping that Dex comes clean about working for Michael because Michael should be knocked off his high horse.

Spinelli is apparently the greatest hacker. He conveniently could do nothing about who uploaded the sex tape, though. Please, writers, be consistent.

I have no idea what's going on with Austin, Mr. Clean and that extra. And I genuinely could give a flying fig about it. 

The Scorpios are way too nice to that runt. I have regrets wishing that Mac could have his biological child. This show is a cautionary tale about wishful thinking. It never ends well and I never learn.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Well Hurricane Ian is going to make Carly's complaints moot. The flooding will wash the remaining coffins out to sea and we can end this ridiculous story line.  Honestly bad flooding can destroy a cemetery and send the coffins floating. It happened south of me about 25 years ago. It was devastating for the families at the time, but I would love it if it happened to Carly.  No disrespect meant to Virginia,  just Carly. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Scorpios are way too nice to that runt. I have regrets wishing that Mac could have his biological child. This show is a cautionary tale about wishful thinking. It never ends well and I never learn.

What kills me about this (aside from the fact that I HATE this whiny, petulant pissant could be Mac's biological spawn), is that the words coming out of Mac's mouth (the last time I watched when he was on) was "My son!" "I have a son?!" instead of, you know, "child" as if son is so much more important...oh, wait, I forgot what show this was.

BUT. Mac is the Bestest Father out there and he raised THREE girls as his daughters, and loved that they were his "girls" so this "MYSON" nonsense irks.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What kills me about this (aside from the fact that I HATE this whiny, petulant pissant could be Mac's biological spawn), is that the words coming out of Mac's mouth (the last time I watched when he was on) was "My son!" "I have a son?!" instead of, you know, "child" as if son is so much more important...oh, wait, I forgot what show this was.

BUT. Mac is the Bestest Father out there and he raised THREE girls as his daughters, and loved that they were his "girls" so this "MYSON" nonsense irks.

he probably said son instead of child because child is a ridiculous thing to call someone of Cody's age.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Spinelli is apparently the greatest hacker. He conveniently could do nothing about who uploaded the sex tape, though. Please, writers, be consistent.

Also what does Spinelli do when he matches a Society Single with some random lovelorn internet user. How does he tell the lovelorn that he has found their lovematch by hacking them?I don't get his business plan.

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

all the Carver did today was yackety yack about what he will do, while lovingly touching his pack of knives

I was disappointed with his lack of creativity in torture devices.  Just a common butcher knife that you could buy at Walmart?  Bo-ring.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Ava does not have to fire Trina.  Just tell her not to come to the gallery until the killer is caught.  I hate their interference with either lovers or friends with this kind of fake rejection. 

It could be Dex did not see anything, but he might have heard something.   But by now he should know not to get blood on his hands.  Sonny torturing someone is going to raise sympathy for them.  Probably what show is trying to do. 

I think his big secret is that he was more focused on Joss.  Which wouldn’t make him the killer, but would piss off Sonny, and SLS too.

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Could someone explain to me as though I'm 5 how Sonny is the hero of this show? He is just not a good person.

I guess because the producer and/or head writer loves the mob

• Like 1
  • Sad 2