Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

The cop listening in was weird. I thought he was nice to Trina. Now it seems he's up to something.

Lol at Alexis comments about the long distance relationship. 

Nikolas is stupid. 

Trina needs to never forgive Spencer. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Carly speeding over to Michael's side while he was arguing with Nina was pathetic.  "Mickey get behind my skirt and hide.  I will defend you from that meanie pants Nina."

Also, this: "Wiley doesn't even remember you."  Huh, well if he doesn't remember Nina then how can anything she's said to him in the past have caused all this damage that they keep claiming she did? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

There was a purchase from the phone for something from that made up artist Trina loves, using Trina's own credit card.

Why would anyone beleive that Trina was sophisticated enough to tape her friends and post it online, but not smart enough to ditch the phone or not buy art items with it. 

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

also also, geeze, Alexis is really a heavy sleeper

Not only Alexis but Neil doesn't feel a syringe stick into his hand to at least wake up, however briefly.  

13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Plus the cleaning supplies were stored in the basement

Who stores their cleaning supplies in the basement?  Granted, I have a tiny house, but my cleaning supplies are on the main floor, where the majority of my cleaning occurs.  Did she make a mess with the syringe that she needed the supplies to clean up?  

How did Brenden get Harmony's number to know where to text her? why does he think she'll pay him rather than smack him in the back of the head with a tire iron? Where is Tagger? If Real couldn't be there, why not have the fill-in Taggert show up for a scene or two. Why weren't there other fingerprints on the phone other than Trina's. Not even saying Esme's but whoever sold it to her.    Why has no one (PCPD, Spinelli, Brick, the baker, the banker the candlestick maker) investigated where the phone was purchased to see if they have any cameras that would have caught Esme buying it?  

So many questions, so little time.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why would anyone beleive that Trina was sophisticated enough to tape her friends and post it online, but not smart enough to ditch the phone or not buy art items with it. 

I don't know man, I just work here.

The writers all seem to have gone to the plot-driven storyline school rather than the character-driven one. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

There was a purchase from the phone for something from that made up artist Trina loves, using Trina's own credit card.

Maybe the writers will make Scott smart enough to point this out.

Also, isn't this phone a burner? Why would Trina use it for any sort of purchase if she bought the phone to record Cam and Joss? It's all so TFGH stupid.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why has no one (PCPD, Spinelli, Brick, the baker, the banker the candlestick maker) investigated where the phone was purchased to see if they have any cameras that would have caught Esme buying it?  

Because it's easier to have Carly ask Sam to spy on her boyfriend to find out what info the PCPD has, thus imploding that relationship when he finds out, other than ask Spinelli to bang on his keyboard.  

In other words, stupid plot contrivances.

• Love 4
On 4/11/2022 at 4:57 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Harmony is a mess, but I really like the actress and unless she wants out, I hope they figure out a way to keep her on.

19 hours ago, Daisy said:

Oh for God sakes. why? they didn't have to make her a murderer. (also this really makes the whole Harmony/Alexis friendship kinda tainted now :( )
also geeze.  that is poopy :(

It feels like they're setting her up to leave.  I really liked the whole Alexis/Harmony friendship.  What a waste of Inga Cadranel!  I remember an interview where Josh Swickard and Katelyn MacMullen both said how much they enjoy working with her.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Not to mention she was sick/drunk enough to pass out, but still had the wherewithal to set up the camera and record them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

On 4/11/2022 at 7:57 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Harmony is a mess, but I really like the actress and unless she wants out, I hope they figure out a way to keep her on.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

Oh for God sakes. why? they didn't have to make her a murderer. (also this really makes the whole Harmony/Alexis friendship kinda tainted now :( )
also geeze.  that is poopy :(

Expand  

It feels like they're setting her up to leave.  I really liked the whole Alexis/Harmony friendship.  What a waste of Inga Cadranel!  I remember an interview where Josh Swickard and Katelyn MacMullen both said how much they enjoy working with her.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Not to mention she was sick/drunk enough to pass out, but still had the wherewithal to set up the camera and record them.

I mean we know that Trina is innocent and that she was passed out drunk but that isn’t solid proof. Cam and Joss went to have sexy times when Trina didn’t want to talk after her outburst caused by the drugs Esme slipped her. But Trina never got blood work done and there isn’t anyone else who collaborate that she was passed out.

Also the two phones including the burner may be used to establish that she premeditated to film them and would have gotten away with it if they had found the phones in her possession.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

the burner may be used to establish that she premeditated to film them

But why use a burner phone to buy an art app? That's one of the dumb parts. I know it's to ID the phone as Trina's, but if she's smart enough to buy a burner phone to film Cam and Joss, she should be smart enough to use it only for that.

There's no point trying to make sense of this story, because it's all plot-driven and they'll change things as necessary to make things fit the current events.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Who stores their cleaning supplies in the basement?  Granted, I have a tiny house, but my cleaning supplies are on the main floor, where the majority of my cleaning occurs.  Did she make a mess with the syringe that she needed the supplies to clean up?  

And while she presumably rummages through the kitchen, then makes her way to the basement, finds the bottle of Blood-B-Gone, goes back up to the bedroom and tidies up, returns the bottle to the basement, then leaves… Alexis is still in the bathroom and hears nothing? Damn, that must have been one, um, problematic dinner she ate.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers all seem to have gone to the plot-driven storyline school rather than the character-driven one. 

Where they learned to jump right over the plot holes and keep running, never look back.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

GH is being pre-empted today. Saw some thoughts that it was due to ongoing coverage of what’s going on in NY but they’ve already ended the breaking news coverage so I suspect there was supposed to be a shooting on the show today. They’ve pre-empted episodes twice in recent history due to depictions of gun violence on the show on a day of a mass shooting. 

• Useful 9

Harmony told Alexis that she knew where the carpet cleaner was because when she was there to visit Kristina, something spilled and she cleaned it up. Alexis said that she was going to check that with Kristina but we never found out if she did.

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But why use a burner phone to buy an art app? That's one of the dumb parts. I know it's to ID the phone as Trina's, but if she's smart enough to buy a burner phone to film Cam and Joss, she should be smart enough to use it only for that.

And if someone is smart enough to set up Trina with a burner phone, they're smart enough to make a fake purchase to prove that it's Trina's.

33 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I suspect there was supposed to be a shooting on the show today. They’ve pre-empted episodes twice in recent history due to depictions of gun violence on the show on a day of a mass shooting. 

Who do you think would shoot whom? Harmony gets rid of Brendan?

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

They’ve pre-empted episodes twice in recent history due to depictions of gun violence on the show on a day of a mass shooting.

But there are mass shootings everyday now (sadly not trying to be funny).

In TO on CITY TV we got the Women's Right to Vote Episode which I liked so didn't mind seeing it again plus a chance to see old Trina USING HER BRAIN!!

It seemed like the ABC channel had a different episode.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

There was some promo about some violence at what looked like Charlie's that involved Sonny and Brando.

Maybe that was what caused the pre-emption. 

Probably. I'm assuming there's some mob hit on Sonny with Brando playing heroes like he did when he was introduced on canvas.

This show revolves around the mob, and I get that they're trying to be sensitive to the situation in NYC today, but I don't see what difference it makes whether they air the show today or tomorrow if Charlie's is getting shot up.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I used to watch this show many moons ago. Stopped when the whole thing turned mob driven. Being home during Covid I started watching again.  I don’t know know much about Wiley but after seeing the last 15 minutes of the repeat show today does this kid shit gold????

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I don’t know know much about Wiley but after seeing the last 15 minutes of the repeat show today does this kid shit gold????

Michael and Willow sure seem to think so

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

They’ve pre-empted episodes twice in recent history due to depictions of gun violence on the show on a day of a mass shooting

maybe  they should lay off the gun violence - just a thought....

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming there's some mob hit on Sonny with Brando playing heroes like he did when he was introduced on canvas.

I have little doubt this is leading up to Brando going back to work for Sonny in the Jason-esque part of the role (tough guy) that Brick the Blowhard can't fill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And if someone is smart enough to set up Trina with a burner phone, they're smart enough to make a fake purchase to prove that it's Trina's.

Which to me proves Trina was set up. (You know what I mean.)

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This show revolves around the mob, and I get that they're trying to be sensitive to the situation in NYC today, but I don't see what difference it makes whether they air the show today or tomorrow if Charlie's is getting shot up.

Same. One day isn't going to make that much difference, and I say this as someone who lives in NYC.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. The wedding stuff dragged a bit, but I liked all the secrets coming out and everyone being mad. Heh.

KSt's makeup was terrible then, too. All gray and weird contouring/lighting.

I had to laugh at Carly saying that telling Wiley about Nelle had to be on his time table, when of course it's hers that matters. And kids are smart. They can understand more than we often give them credit for as long as you explain stuff in an age-appropriate way. My nieces have known forever they were adopted. The more you normalize it, the less it's a big deal.

Too bad the fairly reasonable Michael we saw in this episode has completely left the building.

I wish we had more supportive-friend discussions like the one with Ava and Nina. When it puts some thought into it, the show does a good job with these kinds of scenes. The problem is the writers race from plot point to plot point.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. One day isn't going to make that much difference, and I say this as someone who lives in NYC.

I spent 6 years in NYC and I know I would have felt the same way had I still been there. I also find it galactically stupid that FV and whoever is showing sensitivity and worrying about the optics of a shooting on the show vs real life all the while running a storyline about a Black character being framed for a crime by a white character who has completely skated on everything she's ever done. But that's just me.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought this was a pretty good episode. The wedding stuff dragged a bit, but I liked all the secrets coming out and everyone being mad. Heh.

It's funny because CityTV and ABC here showed the suffragette episode.  

Was this Maxie's wedding?

Also, I noticed that Sasha is at Charlie's in the preview of what was supposed to be today's episode. Is there any chance she dies?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Esme overplayed her hand there. If the PCPD were smart (I know, I know, if the PCPD were allowed to be smart, this would be a very different show), this would make them suspect a set-up.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I agree.  Today, tomorrow, what difference does it make?  Either get rid of the violence all together or just air it as planned.  Sadly, it’s quite possible there will be another shooting tomorrow or someday soon, not to mention there is a war going on.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

GH is being pre-empted today. Saw some thoughts that it was due to ongoing coverage of what’s going on in NY but they’ve already ended the breaking news coverage so I suspect there was supposed to be a shooting on the show today. They’ve pre-empted episodes twice in recent history due to depictions of gun violence on the show on a day of a mass shooting. 

Ah, that makes sense.   I was wondering.  Well, maybe Harmony shoots what's his name.  The brother. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Ah, that makes sense.   I was wondering.  Well, maybe Harmony shoots what's his name.  The brother. 

That's what I think. Honestly, I thought she should have killed him last week when they were on the docks. If she was going to shoot him today . . . good for her! He deserves it! LOL! 

42 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I think that it's too early for that. That storyline started barely a week ago and I don't see them getting rid of Neil's brother that quickly. GH is really good at dragging things until their viewers want to turn their televisions off.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

OK show, we need to talk.  I can only put up with so much, but as a long time rockhound, WTF?!  The ice princess doesn't even look like a diamond, and is very clearly a quartz crystal.

This is a diamond: (a round brilliant cut, the most common form of TV and movie diamonds)

diamond-picture-id182162204?s=612x612

This is what they look like rough:

diamond.jpg

This is quartz:

58010.jpg

If you're going to try and pass off quartz as a priceless diamond, you have to do better.  You can get quartz in a brilliant cut (the fire's not the same, but I'll let that slide), or herkimer diamonds (still quartz, but exceptionally clear).  Hell, even a glass paperweight.

quartz-gem-408776a.jpgHerkimer+diamond2.jpg

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, ulkis said:

Willow would make an ideal lead for the cute girl in a 2 hour movie. Anything more than that no thank you. I don't think Willow is acting snottier or anything like that. She's the same bland flawless character she's always been.

She’s a natural for Lifetime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know man, I just work here.

Plot driven complete with plot holes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

There was some promo about some violence at what looked like Charlie's that involved Sonny and Brando.

Maybe that was what caused the pre-emption. 

Wouldn't it be great to have love stories, romance, kissing and even, gasp- people kissing while in the bed?  Like it was in the early 90s?  (recently fell down a rabbit hole).

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Wouldn't it be great to have love stories, romance, kissing and even, gasp- people kissing while in the bed?  Like it was in the early 90s?  (recently fell down a rabbit hole).

it's so easy to fall down soapy rabbit holes 
like i want my love in the afternoon. sure. give me my baby switch, or mistaken identity or even crime-drama once in a blue moon -but man. give me my romance damnit. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Think of poor Cam.  The guy finally gets laid at 19, and that blows up into a scandal.  So any further sex will be traumatic now.  Which is all totally normal for a couple in their late teens in a long term relationship.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

[Willow]She’s a natural for Lifetime.

Nah, it'd have to be Hallmark. On Lifetime she would be the poor hapless victim to crazy psycho stalker Michael who used her baby grief to insinuate himself into her life to control her every move and brainwash into being his perfect Stepford wife.

So, you know, exactly what they've done except just acknowledging it.

Also, so glad I'm not the only who can't buy this poor-quality quartz point they're trying to sell as the priceless and infamous Ice Princess. 🙄

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Lugal said:

OK show, we need to talk.  I can only put up with so much, but as a long time rockhound, WTF?!  The ice princess doesn't even look like a diamond, and is very clearly a quartz crystal.

This is a diamond: (a round brilliant cut, the most common form of TV and movie diamonds)

diamond.jpg

This is quartz:

58010.jpg

If you're going to try and pass off quartz as a priceless diamond, you have to do better.  You can get quartz in a brilliant cut (the fire's not the same, but I'll let that slide), or herkimer diamonds (still quartz, but exceptionally clear).  Hell, even a glass paperweight.

OMG!!! I know Lugal, right? Soon as I saw that pouch that  in the safe I knew it was  going to be a frikking big ol' quartz point. Seriously indeed show. And um, just where exactly did Tracy "shave off" pieces of the "diamond" aka Ice Princess? (Like you can even DO that.)

3 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Canonically this is the Ice Princess. It's the most famous prop in soap history. Not sure what Geology 101 bullshit they're trying to pass off there.

image.png.f02f94f1d665454e3149b80ce5969c5c.png

Pretty sure there was mention of the Ice Princess being  a black diamond as well  after seeing this pic again. Good catch Grinaldi!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

diamond.jpg

This is quartz:

58010.jpg

Answer: CHEAPASFUCK FRANK.

48 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Canonically this is the Ice Princess. It's the most famous prop in soap history. Not sure what Geology 101 bullshit they're trying to pass off there.

See my comment to @Lugal above!

• LOL 3
52 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Thank you for this! It’s exactly as I remember it and I can’t say that for too many things nowadays. 😄

• Love 3

I think that it's too early for that. That storyline started barely a week ago and I don't see them getting rid of Neil's brother that quickly.

tumblr_mstt5o3REh1re1unjo2_500.gifv

GH is really good at dragging things until their viewers want to turn their televisions off.

1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Plot driven complete with plot holes.

GH writing: like digging a hole to fill in another hole.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, 30 Helens said:

Harmony is allegedly the one who stabbed and killed Neil while he lay sleeping beside Alexis.  That's why she knew where things were in the house before she moved in.  

I thought Neil died frm an overdose?  If he had been stabbed, wouldn't Alexis been questioned, at least?

I too love Ava.  She owns her shit.  She also has incredible style..

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I thought Neil died frm an overdose?  If he had been stabbed, wouldn't Alexis been questioned, at least?

I too love Ava.  She owns her shit.  She also has incredible style..

Harmony stabbed him with a syringe so it would look like he has overdosed. A fucking retcon to fit the current plot for reasons.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

He had the overdose because Harmony stabbed him with a syringe full of drugs.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I spent 6 years in NYC and I know I would have felt the same way had I still been there. I also find it galactically stupid that FV and whoever is showing sensitivity and worrying about the optics of a shooting on the show vs real life all the while running a storyline about a Black character being framed for a crime by a white character who has completely skated on everything she's ever done. But that's just me.

I live on the outskirts of NYC now, (Brooklyn Boy born and raised) and was a bit surprised at the repeat. GH airs on Channel 7 here at 3pm and they had been covering the shooting from the very beginning, I think they stopped at 2pm to show a repeat of whatever airs in that slot these days. Outside of the NYPD catching the shooter (which will probably happen in a day or two), I'm not sure what breaking news was going to happen before the 4pm local news. If that's the case, don't show the GH repeat and just stay at the crime scene for another hour or two. Baffling decision-making.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no point trying to make sense of this story, because it's all plot-driven and they'll change things as necessary to make things fit the current events.

You would also think if she’s smart enough to buy a burner phone, she wouldn’t go out of her way to make it match her actual phone, down to the case. It’s so stupid and they spent sooo long setting up this storyline, yet it makes zero sense. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I live on the outskirts of NYC now, (Brooklyn Boy born and raised) and was a bit surprised at the repeat. GH airs on Channel 7 here at 3pm and they had been covering the shooting from the very beginning, I think they stopped at 2pm to show a repeat of whatever airs in that slot these days. Outside of the NYPD catching the shooter (which will probably happen in a day or two), I'm not sure what breaking news was going to happen before the 4pm local news. If that's the case, don't show the GH repeat and just stay at the crime scene for another hour or two. Baffling decision-making.

They probably scrapped today's episode and thought that NYC would continue new coverage all day, so rather than losing one of it's biggest markets by not showing the show in it's timeslot, they pre-empted the show to air it tomorrow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1