Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Today's Show

It's Valentine's day! We see Terry. Apparently life happened w/her and there is a date with the guy she was texting on Portia's app. Liz looks tired  and Finn is all. I slept on the couch - why you so tired. anyway we learn Peter is gone and they flirt about sleeping over. Anyway Liz lethargic and we are reminded it's her anniversary with Franco. Guy I don't know with Nurse I don't know shows up and they go something terrible happened. It's basically about Maxie (the terrible thing). and then we get a charity infodump.

Blonde Nurse says she knows all about Finn and Liz. Finn is like wha? Blonde Nurse goes. it's a hospital duh we know everything. so give me the scoop. Finn goes no.  Guy I don't know is all "excuse my sister." Blonde Nurse goes. "Chet (Chet!!) is boring." they banter. Finn leaves.

Terry is looking fetch in her dress. She explains how she'll know her blind date. she's excited. Terry looks in Liz's donation box to make sure Liz wasn't getting rid of anything she gave her   and apparently Liz's wedding dress was shredded. Dun dun...who cares.

Portia and NuTaggert are talking. They don't know what's going on Trina since Trina didn't dish about the Trip. Trina shows up. and they banter. Taggert starts toasting Trina and then goes "If spencer can't see what a star you are his damned loss." Portia is like real smooth Taggert. Trina is pissed that her parents think she's pathetic.  Portia goes hello did you not hear what we said?

Anyway Trina is like I don't pine for guys. Portia and Taggert apologize for a sneak attack. Trina starts the info dump with "It started with Spencer's girlfriend." Taggert blurts out "THIS PUNK HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!" (I died. that was great). Portia just touches his hand and he goes "ahum... sorry. go on." (Brook Kerr was trying SOO hard not to laugh). lol now Taggert is like WHAT'S this girl's name."Esme?" Trina goes "it's french." Taggert snarks."it's something." Portia is like. you don't need to deal with Esme's bs because she's jealous. Trina is like "you think she's jealous?" Portia goes "hell yes."

Sonny brings Phyllis flowers. Valentine threw up at the Bar. They talk about Lenny. and Valentines day. Phyllis wants to know about Carly. Sonny goes. we're far apart. This is basically another info dump.  Sonny is all i kept choosing Carly and it doesn't matter so the Marriage is over. Phyllis goes bull you didn't do everything for your marriage. 

Phyllis apologizes for being a crap friend to both Nina and Sonny. Phyllis begins to truth clap him. He didn't tell Carly the truth about his meds and how Nina helped him. Sonny starts to whinge and Phyllis shuts that down. basically Sonny rationalizes reasons not to tell. how can you build anything if you don't rebuild the trust. Sonny goes well Carly doesn't hear me. (you don't hear her either, you moron). 

Ava is looking fetch in her dress. Nina shows up. Nina is like why didn't you tell me you had plans. Ava's like. umm you it's Valentine's. Nina is like oh right. Ava is like you don't even know what day it is? What happened? Nina is like yah people celebrate it let me split. Ava is like no stay. I heard about Maxie. i that it? Or something else? Anyway - we've got some infodumping about what happened last night. and then Nina goes.... "so much more.happened." 

Ava goes good for Maxie. Then asks about Sonny. Nina goes. why are you asking about Sonny, can't I just come to see you? Ava goes you wouldn't come all the way here just to see me. You wanna talk but you aren't talking so talk. Nina blurts out that she slept with Sonny and Carly walked in.... and Ava has the  best face ever. I can't even really describe it but it cracked me up so hard. Anyway she's trying not to laugh/gag (maybe both) but she goes "how was it?"  Nina snaps "which part, Ava?"  Ava giggles. "sorry."  and she's relishing the fact how it was excruciating  for Carly (with the best poopeating grin) Nina triggers her whole "this was so horrible" diatribe. Ava's like whatever doesn't this mean y'all can be together.

Basically lots of infodumping and Nina's standard "I didn't want this, I didn't want to hurt them. bleh blegh." and Ava is like. Bull. you wanted it. you got it now what are you going to DO with it?

Nina whines i wanna go to sonny but i can't. Ava goes why? Nina goes his marriage exploded. Ava goes So? Nina goes "I don't wanna be one of those women who goes "WHAT ABOUT ME. That's kind of tacky, isn't it?" Ava rolls her eyes and goes "YOU SLEPT WITH A MARRIED MAN." hahahaaha. Nina whines "I thought the marriage was over" Okay nina shut up. he told you that like 2 seconds and you jumped into bed. this is why the whole "I don't want this is so tedious. Ava  says just go for it. Nina goes i'm going to stop, and think what is best for Sonny. Ava goes look if it was anyone else I'd say "give them space." but this is Carly and Sonny. they've survived a hell of a lot and given time they can get over this. SO DON'T. GIVE. THEM. TIME. 

Carly... exists. basically flashes back to her ending things with Sonny and tells her assistant she needs one more thing. She starts ripping up a heart. Sam shows up and goes. "hate valentine's day huh." Peter info dump. Sam goes. what gives with the napkin. Carly snaps out "I caught Nina with Sonny in bed." (poor sam. she drew the Carly whinge straw.). Infodump on what happened. Carly is not gonna sit around while Sonny choses nina and apparently the "one more thing." Carly needed to do was to call a divorce attorney. (okay. does this mean Carly is going to get taken out by the mob? because  shes not married to sonny meaning she knows everything meaning.... loose end). Sam is like isn't that rather fast? Carly looks pissed that Sam isn't #teamcarly

Carly snaps she wants to put this mess behind her and move on with her life. Sam is like yah that's natural. you wanna separate yourself from what hurts you. Carly goes it's torture that image of Sonny and Nina in her head. (teehee). anyway. Sam goes just take some time before you make a decision based off anger and hurt. Assistant shows up and goes you can see divorce attorney but it's after your "appointment" with avery and Donna. Carly looks conflicted.

Not for long. Carly says set the meeting. Sam. comes back. and Carly is like i'm doing it. Sam is like whatever. As a friend. if Sonny finds out about this, he'll be hurt. and it will be so hurt it will be the end for you. are you prepared for that. 

----
Sonny goes I wanted Carly to meet me 1/2 way so she was willing to fight for the marriage. Phyllis is like I don't know Carly (be thankful). but she obvy loves you. are you sure it's over? Sonny is like yah Phyllis is like i'm not going to give you permission to end your marriage. Sonny goes not everyone was perfect like you and lenny. Phyllis is like we weren't perfect. we worked on our marriage..  Sonny gets a text. He drops his phone on the table. Phyllis is like what's up? Sonny goes. "Carly called a divorce lawyer". (how did he know?0

Nina is like. Imma just gonna think. i shoulda done this before doing all of this. ava is like you can steady Sonny. Nina is like "i'm not going to seduce him!"  Nina goes i'm not going to do destructive behaviours. I'm going to do what's best for Sonny. Ava's like whatever- I think it's a big mistake.

Liz has no idea how the dress got like this. Terry is trying to come up with reasons how the dress got like this. Liz is freaking out that this is like an omen. Terry is like let's get a drink , i'll break my date. Liz goes  oh wait i did notice a tear. I didn't realize it was that bad. mystery solved! GO on your date! terry isn't really buying it but she's going anyway. Liz still looks freaked.  (are we doing a DID story? i hope not). 

Taggert is saying how Portia is looking really great. Portia goes it's coz of Curtis. Taggert goes you deserve joy. They basically go we're team awesome and come together to be team Trina. Portia goes "we need to get you someone." Taggert laughs and goes you are one of those people.you are paired up so everyone has to as well. Anyway Portia gets a call - no valentine sexytimes with Curtis. Patient emergency. 

Carly is all. hahaha Sonny won't know i called a lawyer. I need to be free! I need to reclaim my life! i need this behind me! Sam goes just go in with an open mind. 

Sonny goes. it hasn't been 24 hrs and Carly is calling a ruthless divorce lawyer. (oh it was done on the shared calendar. that's why sonny knows). Phyllis is like Carly has a right to be mad and be hurt. Sonny is like.SHE'S DOING THIS. Phyllis is like wait until she calms down. Sonny goes "Carly's trying to call the shots? I AINT HAVING IT."  whatever.

----
Trina is sharing a meal with Taggert. Trina reminds him  that they don't have to go overboard. Taggert goes. i am proud of you and i always have your back. Trina stuffs her face with chocolate yummy. 

Liz is looking at her shredded dress. Finn is like what's up? Where's Amy? (Maybe that's blonde nurse?) he wishes Liz a happy valentines day. Liz calls him back. Liz goes why don't we have dinner and watch a movie. finn goes that's perfect, let's do it. 

Terry is at the bar. Chet is there. Oh. there we go. Chet and Terry. 

Carly thanks sam for the advice. Carly goes Sam was right. She'll be open minded. 

Phyllis tells Sonny marriage is complicated. There is more than one way to fix things. Oh look. Nina shows up. because of course. 

Show ends.

dead honest. yesterday was amazing. today is boring. what a massive drop off :( y'all could legit just not even bother.(no wait. watch the ava scenes they were great so were the taggert/trina/portia scenes)

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 12

Terry looked gorgeous but that’s all I have to say about this date. I feel like it’s a direct response to all of the complaints about how the show pat itself on the back for casting a trans actress and trots her out multiple times a year for awareness campaigns but hasn’t written a relationship for her. If you aren’t going to pair her with a regular character, what’s the point? This Chet guy is on maybe once a year so it would be an offscreen pairing anyway. 

• Love 8

Who is Chet guy again?

Do people really wear lingerie to go on a blind date on Valentine’s Day of all days, or am I just out of it?

I skipped the Elizabeth-Franco wedding but that dress looked really cheap which is good because I would’ve been annoyed at seeing a quality dress cut to pieces. 

No Laura, Brooklyn, Valentin, Anna, or Robert so best part of the show for me was MW’s devious enthusiasm at hearing Carly caught Nina and Sonny in bed. 😜🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

dead honest. yesterday was amazing. today is boring. what a massive drop off :( y'all could legit just not even bother.(no wait. watch the ava scenes they were great so were the taggert/trina/portia scenes

I just watched the last 20 min so that is mostly what I saw so thanks to you I wont bother to seek out the first part.

Nina is insulting to all women.

Why didn't Carly tell Sam that Drew and her almost kissed? ;)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Who is Chet guy again?

Do people really wear lingerie to go on a blind date on Valentine’s Day of all days, or am I just out of it?

I skipped the Elizabeth-Franco wedding but that dress looked really cheap which is good because I would’ve been annoyed at seeing a quality dress cut to pieces. 

No Laura, Brooklyn, Valentin, Anna, or Robert so best part of the show for me was MW’s devious enthusiasm at hearing Carly caught Nina and Sonny in bed. 😜🤣🤣

Forgot about that. Maura/Ava was me all day, listrning to the crazy ass gossip. Maura is just awesome all around.

• Love 7

Catching up and I’m 🙄🙄🙄 and 😆😆😆😆 because in less than an hour, SheBeast went from “I’m choosing me!” to almost kissing Drew. I don’t care that she pulled away The Succubeaat is incapable of being alone. She needs a man.

And seeing Robert and Laura hugging just had me thinking- just for a minute-that they could work? Maybe?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Who is Chet guy again?

Brother to Nurse Amy (the blonde). A vet on the show and a vet IRL. His intro story led to Man Landers, which still gives me a rage blackout all these years later, so I won't write more about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Terry looked gorgeous but that’s all I have to say about this date. I feel like it’s a direct response to all of the complaints about how the show pat itself on the back for casting a trans actress and trots her out multiple times a year for awareness campaigns but hasn’t written a relationship for her. If you aren’t going to pair her with a regular character, what’s the point? This Chet guy is on maybe once a year so it would be an offscreen pairing anyway. 

It will be an offscreen pairing. Honestly, I'd forgotten all about Chet.

I have to say that I thought they were going to go down the hate crime storyline with Terri. They introduced the whole she's looking for dates on some app and my brain just automatically went there.

So on the one hand, I am relieved that it's not that. On the other hand, I'm like this is a show that just loves the status quo, so Terri will get trotted out to wear the pride flag and gossip about something or another. 

I thought Amy being all over Finn about he and Elizabeth was tacky. I'm pretty sure that he's not your friend, Amy. And he's your superior. 

I have no comment about the rest of the show. As good as yesterday was, today was just unbearable TV.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

I mean... they did get married spur of the moment in the jail with him behind bars, so probably a cheap dress is appropriate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ava's reaction to hearing about Carly finding Sonny in bed with Nina = me. Love her or hate her, Ava owns her failings.

Would Carly still be good friends with Sam if Jason were still alive and married to Sam? Was it Carly's assistant who put the divorce lawyer appointment on the wrong calendar? Because it can't be Carly's fault.

Nice that they mentioned that Maxie is missing on a episode that is 80% about Carly/Sonny/Nina.

Does Portia know that Spencer is in baby jail right now? I wouldn't be so anxious to have my daughter hook up with someone who's been committing felonies.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Not to mention even if Austin did know.  how it came out was actually innocent as all Sheffield asked was "how do you identify a sonogram if the name was missing."  Sheffield isn't a dumb man, so even if Austin prevaricated he would have gotten the information he needed anyway from Day Nurses/Doctors. 

This is kind of a stupid red herring because Victor could have figured it out for himself. Every picture has to have an identifier so that you know whose it is. If it's not a name, it has to be the number.

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Who is Chet guy again?

He was a part of the Man Landers story when Amy2 needed money to pay for medical care for her vet brother and asked Nathan to be the face of the advice column. He's played by an actor who was a vet and injured in war himself.

Pairing him with Terry just reeks of "Let's pair the two characters who we created to tick the minority boxes and that we don't care about and have them have their relationship off screen" like Lucas (who?) and Brad.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I just rolled my eyes.  I don’t care much for Terry, but I damn sure don’t care about Chet.  Do they really think that people are going to care about this pairing?  It’s all such a waste.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does Portia know that Spencer is in baby jail right now? I wouldn't be so anxious to have my daughter hook up with someone who's been committing felonies.

And is stroppy about paying the consequences. 

17 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Do they really think that people are going to care about this pairing?  It’s all such a waste.

It's also patronizing and condescending. Ugh. Both actors and their characters deserve better.

• Love 6
On 2/6/2022 at 1:48 PM, lala2 said:

She did agree to give him an hour. She told him she would meet him so if she changed her mind (which it appears she did), she owed him the common courtesy of telling him she wasn't coming.  It's clear she was going to stand him up until Drew talked her into coming. 

I'll happily be in the minority, but I think Carly has treated Sonny horribly during all of this. She has been awful. She has no compassion and is ridiculously selfish. Through no fault of his own, he fell in love w/another woman while having an amnesia. He didn't set out to cheat on his wife or fall for another woman. When he got his memory back, he didn't immediately tell his wife about that relationship. Oh, and b/c he likes and now knows Nina better than he ever did before, he's not interested in ruining her life or murdering her. He just wants to move on w/his wife and his life. That is Sonny's big crime. I'm sorry I just can't drink the Kool-Aid they've been selling that Sonny is awful and horrible here. Sonny's "crime" is just not that big of a deal. 

Carly doesn't need space. She just doesn't want her marriage. If she did, she would be speaking to her husband or going to marriage counseling, not claiming she needs space.  Space for what? What is there to think about here? Again, it's simple. You either want the marriage or you don't. Carly doesn't, and I wish the show had the balls to have her say that! Just say that she regrets choosing Sonny when he returned when she could have chosen the person she has always wanted over everyone else: Jason! But they want to paint Sonny in the bad light and as the bad guy. Whatever. 

I'm definitely taking a GH break b/c I refuse to watch Carly whining, yelling, crying, and screaming about Sonny sleeping w/Nina for weeks on end. I refuse to watch Sonny beg, whine, and cry about Carly and getting her back. And I refuse to watch Nina looking doofy,  perplexed, and sad when she realizes she's been used. Nope. Not doing it. This is nowhere close to being "must-see-tv" for me.  

Carly crying, screaming, yelling and whining is at least a third of the show normally.

• Love 6

I too needed a minute to remember who Chet is (who, FWIW, I did always like better than stupid Amy 2.0)...I mean, I was super worried the show was going to do something gross with Terry and the dating app so this is obviously preferrable, but yeah, what?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And is stroppy about paying the consequences. 

It's also patronizing and condescending. Ugh. Both actors and their characters deserve better.

Yeah, it’s just the network, painfully pandering.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Pairing him with Terry just reeks of "Let's pair the two characters who we created to tick the minority boxes and that we don't care about and have them have their relationship off screen" like Lucas (who?) and Brad.

Given we'll see them less than a handful of times ever, it's such pandering. 

On a shallow note, Cassandra James has legs for days--wow!!

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ava's reaction to hearing about Carly finding Sonny in bed with Nina = me. Love her or hate her, Ava owns her failings.

That was *chef's kiss.* 

It is amusing though the angst with this divorce talk.  I'd love someone to say to either Sonny or Carly: "haven't you been thru this three times before?" (I think this is their fourth time being married, but might be fifth--too lazy and don't care enough to look it up).

Also, Phyllis, your "I'm not going to tell you to give up on your marriage" is friggin' rich considering you encouraged Mike to give up on his entire pre-NF existence.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I liked that Man Landers story. LOL! 😂 I wanted Nathan and Amy to hook up! I will be in the minority in that too. LOL!!

Yeah . . . today's episode was a huge drop off from yesterday. Portia's face bores me so I muted all the Portia/Trina/Taggert scenes. Given the positive reports on those scenes though, I will go back and watch them off YT. 

I know I should be used to this but I HATE seeing every beat of CarSon's lives. Every beat. We never see this for any other characters. Only them! Ugh!! Can't they just divorce or reconnect already?!?! This story is boring at this point. I guess we're gonna have to watch every moment of the divorce too! Didn't Sonny used to fly to an island and quickie divorce women?!?! Can't they do that now? Ugh. This whole arc is a major drag. 

The stuff w/Liz is interesting. I still think her son (probably Jake) is doing this stuff but they need to play this up more and less CarSon/Nina drama. 

I didn't like how Valerie was after she slept w/Dante. She was so rude and obnoxious, but I also don't like how they are playing Nina either. It's clear they don't want to paint her as the "bad guy," so why have them sleep together? She's not owning her actions or staking her claim so it's no fun to watch. I know I'm being inconsistent b/c Valerie had no shame, and that portrayal didn't work for me either. I don't know. This story is just not working . . . for me at least. It's FF/mute material for me at this point.

Oh, and I agree w/Chet and Terri being an off-screen relationship. This show has no interest in actually featuring them. Chet will just be Terri's off-screen BF like that guy Felix used to date. I will be shocked if I'm wrong. 

• Love 1

So after catching up on about a month of episodes, I think I may be off the barge after the better part of 2 decades. I'm liking so much of what I am seeing. I bailed early in the Phelps/McTavish era (I wish we had the old forums somewhere because I did some of my best writing about those two). And what kept me away were:

1. The treatment of Laura.  Genie refers to early Laura as "wounded dove" stories and they couldn't get past it in the writer's room.  The Rick thing, the wig on a stick, the not giving GF what she wanted contract-wise while giving Geary and Bernard the world. But post really the Claire Labine/early Guza era the character stopped progressing and became either a wet blanket or a constant victim and then basically a prop. I know she's been back for a few years now, but I was still put off by...

2. Franco. James Franco killed this show as did Phelps for indulging him. And then they doubled down by bringing Howarth on as the same character. I can deal with a soap having a murderer on the canvas long term. But a serial killer? Conceived as a weird performance art project by a now-cancelled actor? Jesus. I'm a Howarth fan from basically the Loving days but even he couldn't make that palatable. I know they had to change on the fly with the PP lawsuit, but anything would be better than Franco. In fact my first choice would have been as one of Jimmy Lee Holt's kids. (Except for my pitch that he come on as Cook's vengeful nephew). Still Franco's been gone for a bit now but I still had my third obstacle...

3. Jason. I don't need to explain that one.  I have plenty of issues with Sonny and Carly as characters and with the actors, particularly Bernard. But Jason was the dealbreaker for me. A bad performance of a bad part by someone who...I don't respect as a person. As soon as he was fired I decided to dip back in and I really like a lot of what I've found. Hopefully he stays buried under those rocks

Laura is exactly where I have always wanted her.  She's a mother figure, but also tough, smart and funny. The whispered threat to Victor? Perfect. I love her as mayor so she can have fingers in several different stories. And her relationship with Kevin makes perfect sense. They both deserve a partner who is smart, committed, and not prone to wild flights of insanity after Luke and Lucy.

I like Austin. I'm not sold on the Maxie pairing (I think I'd prefer him with Brit) but it could work. And I like seeing Howarth as a quirky non-bastard for a change. Hope he gets more chances to mix it up with the Qs and the rest of the canvas. 

Look, I still hate Sonny and Carly. And they are basically playing the same stories they were when I left port. But I can deal with them. And watching old clips of the Luke and Laura return story from 93/94 reminds me Maurice used to be a fun actor. And Sonny was a great character when he was a sometimes food. But these days they don't feel like they have their claws  on every corner of the canvas like they did in the dark times.

And speaking of the dark times. I've been catching up a bit on YouTube and boy did I dodge a bullet with that Spencer kid. Yikes

Today featured mainly stories I care less about. But even those were palatable (or CarSon). But I have rebuilt my tolerance for the Sonny's BS. It only took 20 years!

Oh, and Daisy, thanks so much for those recaps! You're a mensch!

Edited by Grinaldi
Blank space
  • Love 9

News flash, Sonny: Not everyone uses Valentine's Day as a weapon the way you do. Not everyone even cares about Valentine's Day. Also, Phyllis should know Sonny shouldn't be slamming Scotch when he's on BPD meds, but whatever. The show has decided to ignore that.

I did like how Mo played the "Pretty sure" Sonny couldn't salvage things from last night. Hee. We finally get a bit of personality, not just dumb bluster and anger.

I hope Réal Andrews is okay, because nuTaggert isn't as good.

LOL that Ava asked Nina how the sex with Sonny was. Too bad they didn't compare notes a bit more. I don't get why Ava is so gung-ho on those two, not even the satisfaction of knowing that Carly is miserable.

LOL at the "To be continued..." line at the end. Uh, it's a soap.

• Love 4

I apologize if this has been addressed before but several people have mentioned the “drawer” that Maxie and Peter put Bailey/Lu into before they ran away. Very many fire departments have those drawers for babies who have been abandoned or cannot be cared for by their moms. It’s a safe place for babies who might otherwise be left on the street to die. Once a baby is put into the drawer and the door is closed, it rings a bell inside the station to alert the firemen on duty. They will then call for help- the police, the hospital, etc. These stations are staffed 24/7 so there is always someone to save the babies. Thank God for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

I apologize if this has been addressed before but several people have mentioned the “drawer” that Maxie and Peter put Bailey/Lu into before they ran away. Very many fire departments have those drawers for babies who have been abandoned or cannot be cared for by their moms. It’s a safe place for babies who might otherwise be left on the street to die. Once a baby is put into the drawer and the door is closed, it rings a bell inside the station to alert the firemen on duty. They will then call for help- the police, the hospital, etc. These stations are staffed 24/7 so there is always someone to save the babies. Thank God for that.

The guy at the firehouse said/explained this very thing on the show when Anna was talking to him.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

PP--what's that?is he the one who wouldn't vax?

PP is Prospect Park. They did the online continuations on OLTL and AMC and then sued ABC over Todd, McBain and Starr crossing over. How we got Franco, Silas and Kiki. They had to switch characters on the fly since the actors were on contract.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

PP--what's that?is he the one who wouldn't vax?

Prospect Park.  They bought All My Children and One Life to Live after ABC cancelled them and then sued ABC/GH for using and killing off their characters.

• Love 1

Imagine filing a lawsuit because someone killed off freaking Cole Thornhart.

Whatever is going on with Liz better not be DID. We've already retconned one Webber man as an abuser, and Jeff is obvs a terrible father but for Liz to have DID he would have to be so much worse. Also, why would it surface now and not in high school? But her "why am I so tired" is probably setting up her missing time. I can deal with a traumatic fugue state, not DID. We do not need a Fliz running around.

• Love 2

Another romantic Valentine's Day!

I would think if a man described the shirt he was wearing as "teal", rather than "blue-ish" or "blue-green", he'd be waiting for a guy to show up, not a lady.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I understand in-universe why Laura and Kevin would enjoy each other at this stage in their lives and why it's healthy for them. I just don't find their romance remotely interesting or well-matched for story. There is no earthly reason why they'd break up a supercouple like Kevin and Lucy for so long other than I believe Genie made it clear she would only return for a contract and a serious non-Luke love interest - JL was available and Frank thought it would make budgetary sense (Lindstrom is not on contract) and suit Genie's needs. I don't begrudge Genie's priorities, she was absolutely right. I know they love working together, and I love both characters. I just find Laura and Kevin together to be boring as hell. I don't believe they'd be together other than to settle. I don't believe there's any real passion or force behind the pairing. I'd shackle Laura to a marriage of convenience (and no actual romance) with Mr. Sheffield tomorrow - at least that would be exciting and fun, and sparks would fly with those two.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

Something I just thought about, has Peter been convicted already of any crimes or has he only been charged with lots of stuff?

I’m not surprised the show didn’t have the Peter/Maxie stuff on Friday’s episode. This past week has been intense with one of their big stories ending and it was time for a break, which seems to be a regular thing after a big story ends (or at least after a major chapter), plus I’m sure they were giving the actors a break

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I understand in-universe why Laura and Kevin would enjoy each other at this stage in their lives and why it's healthy for them. I just don't find their romance remotely interesting or well-matched for story. 

I'm sure you're right about the lack of heat with Laura and Kevin.  But I do like the idea of them. And from what I have seen they are written as intellectually compatible. I like seeing Laura treated as a mind at work. It's what Labine did so well on the initial return. And after all the f@#%ery she's had to deal with she deserves to be happy - true for both Genie and Laura. And I kind of dig the idea of Lucy and Kentucky Fried Tad. But I would be down for another pairing too as long as they keep Laura smart and proactive. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Sonny: Not everyone uses Valentine's Day as a weapon the way you do. Not everyone even cares about Valentine's Day. Also, Phyllis should know Sonny shouldn't be slamming Scotch when he's on BPD meds, but whatever. The show has decided to ignore that.

I did like how Mo played the "Pretty sure" Sonny couldn't salvage things from last night. Hee. We finally get a bit of personality, not just dumb bluster and anger.

I hope Réal Andrews is okay, because nuTaggert isn't as good.

LOL that Ava asked Nina how the sex with Sonny was. Too bad they didn't compare notes a bit more. I don't get why Ava is so gung-ho on those two, not even the satisfaction of knowing that Carly is miserable.

LOL at the "To be continued..." line at the end. Uh, it's a soap.

Ava is thinking tactically.  Carly despises Nina, and always will.  Nina and Ava are friends.  Ava has easier access and much less stress if Nina is her daughter’s stepmother, and not Carly.

seriously, grudges aside, which one of those two would you rather be forced to deal with for the next dozen years or so?

Edited by Suicidy
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Ava is thinking tactically.  Carly despises Nina, and always will.  Nina and Ava are friends.  Ava has easier access and much less stress if Nina is her daughter’s stepmother, and not Carly.

Except as shown with Charlotte and Sasha,  Nina doesn't understand boundaries and had a clear case of babies rabies. Carly has been involved and loved Avery since the moment that she came to live with her and Sonny. Nina stole Avery from Ava and ran off with her moments after Ava gave birth. It makes no sense for Ava to ever be more comfortable with Nina around Avery than Carly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I do love when Ava basks in Carly's misery.  Her scenes with Nina were hilarious.

The Chet/Terry stuff is just being used for filler.

Sam giving relationship advice to anyone is comical.

Elizabeth is tired because she is probably going through some split personality bullshit and doesn't realize she's the one that put the ring in the hospital locker and slashed her own dress.  My question is why would anyone find this storyline interesting?  I'm still hoping that Hayden returns and blows this Finn/Elizabeth relationship sky high!  Violet does not need to see daddy hooking up with Aunt Liz!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlueMax said:

I'm still hoping that Hayden returns and blows this Finn/Elizabeth relationship sky high!  Violet does not need to see daddy hooking up with Aunt Liz!!

Finn and Hayden were long over even when she came back last time. I don't think of them as any inevitable supercouple. How long were they even together, a year? He was with Anna for longer than that, and Violet had to roll with it when she didn't get the wedding she was jonesing for.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Desperado said:

Who is Chet guy again?

I think they used their budget for the year on yesterday’s show. All the contract people were on and it was actually exciting. Todays show was a huge letdown with filler stories which looks like will pickup on Monday. Maybe, things will be back to normal on Tuesday? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ljr said:

I wonder if Liz is losing her mind and tore her own dress.

I hope not. I'm so tired of the wimmins going crazy over some dude. Let it be Jake acting out.

13 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I can deal with a traumatic fugue state

I can't; see above.

11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I don't believe there's any real passion or force behind the pairing [of Laura and Kevin].

I don't think Laura and Kevin need to have some great passion; sometimes comfortable  companionship is enough. With their romantic histories, it's probably something of a relief, heh. I agree there isn't much force behind the pairing. But does any couple on the show have that? I can't think of one.

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Laura and Kevin need to have some great passion; sometimes comfortable  companionship is enough.

Yeah, I think they have a nice, sweet, comfortable relationship.  Which always sounds like "oh, they're settling," but the word comfortable gets a bad rap.  Bottom line is they certainly seem happy and fulfilled in the relationship, even if it lacks fireworks passion.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I think they have a nice, sweet, comfortable relationship.  Which always sounds like "oh, they're settling," but the word comfortable gets a bad rap.  Bottom line is they certainly seem happy and fulfilled in the relationship, even if it lacks fireworks passion.

i've said this too. Not every relationship needs to have that fire pow kabang. (It would be nice if some did) but love shows itself in so many ways, i'm fine with the comfortable. ones too. it's just as real as the "omg they can't stop eye screwing each other" kinda love too.

• Love 3