Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, rur said:

But I would swear someone looked up the ID # on the hospital computer. Or was that just wishful thinking, too? 

Victor did. When Maxie's purse spilled, he caught the ID number in the back of the ultrasound. He asked Austin how he could track someone who lost their ultrasound. At some point he went to the hospital and sweet-talked day player nurse into looking it up, she was called in for something, he went behind the desk and Britt caught him there, but he already knew what was what.

I'm shocked that I remember something from the show that seems to have happened a year ago because this show moves so slowly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

At this point Maxie should just go with Peter. He’s basically magic or the devil, he has supernatural powers, and she doesn’t seem to care too much about her other kids. So just go enjoy Europe or wherever. 

Sonny being impressed by Nina in a totally nonsensical way is kind of hilarious and wonderful. Imagine if they actually let him be nice to her and take her on fancy dates and stuff? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah that really pissed me off.  Honestly Valentin should have been in on this from the beginning.  He would have done anything to protect a child from Peter.

He proved himself just as incompetent as everyone else though.

6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah that really pissed me off.  Honestly Valentin should have been in on this from the beginning.  He would have done anything to protect a child from Peter.

He proved himself just as incompetent as everyone else though.

• Love 1

How exactly did Victor figure out that Bailey = Louise? I remember that Austin offered to take the picture from Victor and find the owner but Victor said that he would take care of it himself. Then the day player nurse looked it up and got called away. Victor tried to see who it as but Britt stopped him. The next thing I remember is Victor telling Peter that Bailey is Louise. Did Victor just assume it because the pictures were alike?

I agree with @YaddaYadda that Maxie is angry with Austin because she needs someone to be angry at. The writing set up the kiss and the scenes between them earlier to justify her anger being short-term.

8 hours ago, lala2 said:

And am I the only one who finds it wildly inappropriate that the first person Carly was going to whine and complain to was her son?! Yes, he's an adult but I just didn't like it. Carly needs a female friend. Call Olivia. Call your mom. Don't unload on your kid in that moment! 

8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Lol I’ve been saying that since she started confiding in Michael and Joss but, yeah that takes the cake. Confiding in your children about your relationship problems is so toxic even if they’re adults and it’s even worse when it comes to Michael because she’s clearly doing it so he’ll take her side over his father. This is from the same woman who also yelled at Kristina for calling her and said her issues with Sonny were none of her business 

For all that she makes herself out to be a strong, independent woman, Carly always needs a man to give her a shoulder to cry on and tell her what a brave&strong&wonderful person she is and completely right in her position. Usually that is Jason's role and occasionally Jax's but with them both gone and now at odds with Sonny, Michael is next on the list. He was just lucky that Drew got there first.  She is friends with Olivia (who supports her and who gets indignant for her and offer to kill Nina) and mostly with Sam right now, but I get the feeling that Carly doesn't like her own sex too much.

Carly's lack of boundaries was on show in that scene in the hotel room with Joss when she complained to Joss about Sonny. I wouldn't be surprised if Carly goes off on Ava one day in Avery's hearing, and justifies it because Ava made her mad.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How exactly did Victor figure out that Bailey = Louise? I remember that Austin offered to take the picture from Victor and find the owner but Victor said that he would take care of it himself. Then the day player nurse looked it up and got called away. Victor tried to see who it as but Britt stopped him. The next thing I remember is Victor telling Peter that Bailey is Louise. Did Victor just assume it because the pictures were alike?

Victor saw the ID number in the back of Maxie's ultrasound, then we had a flashback to the ID from Valentin's ultrasound. So he had probably identified that the pics were the same and was looking for confirmation.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Daisy said:

Carly whines that she was 5 minutes late and Sonny jumped into bed with Nina. She goes for the first time in her life she got played.

My favorite part was when she regretted that she "went along to get along" despite what her instincts were telling her. Yeah, we all remember how easygoing and restrained she was in all scenes having anything to do with Sonny and Nina. I think the only reason she wasn't pushing even harder for a mob hit was because Michael had his stupid "identity fraud" plan in motion.  

16 hours ago, Hater said:

The best thing I liked about Drew was his complete idgaf attitude towards Carson.  Now that is completely over, might as well be a different character for me personally.

I think that was just Billy Miller counting down the days.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I get the feeling that Carly doesn't like her own sex too much

She always sees them as competition for the men in her life, even if she's done with those men.

3 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think they used SBu's voice for "On the next General Hospital..." Am I hallucinating?

16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Okay, I thought it was just me. 

It was Marcus Coloma (Nikolas). 

So I was hallucinating. Yay, I guess?

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Victor saw the ID number in the back of Maxie's ultrasound, then we had a flashback to the ID from Valentin's ultrasound. So he had probably identified that the pics were the same and was looking for confirmation.

Thanks. Didn't Valentin give Victor his ultrasound picture to get rid of?

So Austin's only role was telling Victor that the numbers on the back of the photos were ID numbers, which was kind of obvious to most people.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She always sees them as competition for the men in her life, even if she's done with those men.

What Carly has, she holds.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How did Victor know where Valentin would be to bring Charlotte to him?

I don't think it was about Valentin. I think he was looking to find Laura and I think that Charlotte knew where she was.

Also, I totally forgot that Charlotte was Laura's granddaughter. And like 5 seconds later, I started wondering which of Laura's children was the parent. Then I remembered that she was Lulu's kid.

Like seriously, show, if it takes your viewers time to play connect the family tree, then maybe you have some work to do on this.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They didn't; both of them had the genetic material taken from them against their will. Yes, it's as gross as it sounds. There's a lot of discussion about it in the earlier episode thread.

Helena wanted to fulfilll Staavros sick wish of having a kid with Lulu but he died before he could give his sample. Lulu’s egg was removed when she was kidnapped and Helena thought Stavros bastard brother Valentin would be a logical substitute. She got Valentin’s sample against his will  and had the egg implanted in a surrogate.

• Love 2

Today's Show

Recap of Peter's terms. Maxie is like Louise is cold, let me get her warm. Peter is like She'll be warm later - are you coming or not? Peter doesn't want to stall, but he says I'm giving you the option you never gave me - peace of mind and not worrying about Baileylou at all. Boat comes. and Peter is like are you coming?

Maxie says she can't say goodbye to Baileylou. She's her whole world. (Sorry James and Georgie!). Peter goes i want us to be a family, but only if you want to. Maxie goes I made her with you i have no choice. Peter goes it sounds good on paper so what is it.  Peter starts to walk off. and Maxie goes look I'm not plotting but it can't be this easy. Peter goes, this is true. Maxie points out if they leave PC maybe Peter can be the man Maxie fell in love with. Peter goes that's all he ever wanted to be for Maxie.  Maxie goes I'll leave with you but Baileylou has to stay behind. (okay, I honestly didn't see that one coming).

Peter is like the hell? I sacrificed to get Baileylou. Maxie goes. "let's do one more sacrifice." Maxie points out you done screwed up being an evil person. We'd live in fear. Team Scorpio/Devane caught you. the WSB/Interpol will be hunting you. We won't be able to build a stable life for Baileylou. Do you honestly want that life for her? Peter is legit stunned by this. 

Maxie brings up that he hates Faison for what he did. She doesn't want that for BaileyLou. BaileyLou can stay here. Peter goes NO, I can't have her growing up hating me. Maxie goes. Georgie is gonna stay with Spinelli. My parents will raise James and Louise. WE can live together, our love will live again and we can maybe make another baby. Peter is like seriously?! Maxie goes yes. But only if you leave BaileyLou here.

Peter is like you upended your life to make me think BaileyLou was taken. I was haunted by this. I'm supposed to buy you'd leave her again? Maxie is like look. yah. mistakes were made. but I will do this work if you wanna make it work. Peter goes this is all i ever wanted, and hugs Maxie. Maxie looks disgusted, and Baileylou looks all "can i PLEASE get out of the cold now?"

Maxie goes give me your phone. Peter is like the hell. Maxie is like it's just BLQ. she adores Baileylou and she won't stop us. Peter is like no. But i trust you. And he gives Baileylou to Maxie as he leads her to somewhere they can dump Baileylou . Peter wants  to leave her at the firehouse safe drop. maxie sobs she can't do it. Peter goes this was YOUR idea or was this a lie? Maxie looks scared. Maxie says she can't. and Peter says she has too. (like dude. at least leave a note saying she's a scorpio or something). Maxie drops her in the safedrop box. Maxie sobs an apology to the sleeping baby. Peter is like we have to split. Peter vows that the three of them will be together again (coz Screw James and Georgie am I right?)

BLQ is blaming herself again. Chase is calming her down. Doorbell rings. It's Elizabeth and Finn. Finn is like why Bailey? CLQ shares a look. Chase tells them the truth about Baileylou. LMAO BLQ starts explaining and goes. "I wanted to protect the baby from her psycho father." Finn goes "Chase is a lot of things but he's not psycho!"  Infodumped happen. Liz goes we don't hate you, you're amazing. BLQ goes i didn't do this for altruistic reasons and tells them about the stocks. Chase explains his role. BLQ is sobbing how it started to be selfish but she fell in love with Baileylou. Liz and Chase comfort her. Finn wants to know Val knows.  We get the Val infodump. BLQ goes she needs to see VAL asap. 

Finn wants to know if Chase gave thought what it means for Chase's life. Chase goes it's already out. Ned chewed me out. Chase goes. Baileylou was safe. I came up with the idea to come here to keep up with the lie. and peter came here and stole her from under my nose I'm A COP! THIS IS WHAT I DO!. and Chase finally breaks down in tears. Finn tells Chase to shut up (about blaming himself - he did good, assures Finn) and they bro hug as Chase sobs and Finn comforts him. Finn goes Peter is scum and makes you do evil things. Chase goes "like try to kill him?" (THAT'S A GOOD THING!) They are kicking themselves about Peter and equally comforting each other. They realize they have to break Violet's heart.

Charlotte and Val share a moment. Val goes who took you? Charlotte goes Peter. And infodump happens. Laura goes let me call PCPD and snaps out "Thanks." Val is sarcastic in his thanks for being in the right place, right time. Anna cuts the bull and says "it's like you KNOW where she was." Val doesn't care, just that Charlotte is safe. Mistah Sheffield goes. Peter will suffer for trying to hurt you. Okay. the french is kinda cute. but please, please work on the accents people. Charlotte and Anna splits. Val wants to know WTF Peter would take Charlotte. 

Mr Sheffield is like how the hell am I supposed to know what goes on in Peter's head? Val goes. "you found Charlotte minutes after a APB was out on Charlotte. how did you do this?" Mistah Sheffield is like you need to rest. Val goes How did Charlotte get kidnapped? In fact how did I get kidnapped? I'm in GH, next thing i am knocked out smelling like booze. Last person I saw was you.  I know about you and Peter having something you wanted.So did you know about Baileylou?  Mistah Sheffield is like what? so I work with peter. he does something, i get something? REALLY?! Val is not buying it. BLQ shows up and is like 'thank god you are okay."  Mistah Sheffield goes "no thanks to you" Val stares death glares.

Val dismisses him. Val says let's stop calling her Louise. Val goes it was a smart move. you got the shares. and protected the baby. I'm grateful. BLQ admits she felt like a family. and she is so sorry she stole that from Val + Charlotte. Val goes. I know. :(

Laura is infodumping Dante on the phone. Austin and she talk about Baileylou. Austin is feeling guilty about Baileylou being taken. Austin infodumps his involvement. Laura isn't surprised Mr. Sheffield inserted himself. Laura is trying to connect the dots. Austin says Maxie blames me for Baileylou being taken. Laura goes "do you blame her?" Shut up Laura. Anyway. something happens. (my pvr blipped). and now Austin is calling Spinelli to find Maxie.  Anna and Laura are infodumping. Mistah Sheffield covers Charlotte with his coat. He snaps at Laura that he thought they were going to take Charlotte home. Laura goes. "I have to protect my city from evil people, you understand." The phone rings. and Laura is like "Anna look at this." Anna goes "Got it!" 

Anna calls chase gives him the info on the phone, and Chase goes on it! and grabs his gun. Finn shouts don't forget your suspended!!! Chase yells "LOCK UP!". Spinelli gets info and sends it Austin. Austin splits

Finn is going to chase ... after Chase lmao. Liz stops him. Chase is a grown up let him make grown up decisions and we need to stop Peter. Finn is like yeup. You are right. and Liz goes goes if you go after him, Imma gonna worry after you. and what about Violet? lol Finn goes damnit. you play dirty. Liz goes y'all spend the night with us. (aka..Sexytimes? oh no! Finn goes... sofa? Liz teases pull out bed!).

laura is like time to go Charlotte. Mr. Sheffield goes "Can I give you a lift?" Laura is like no. . Charlotte says bye. Mr. Sheffield is like Can i have a hug Laura? Laura is like of course!  They hug and Laura hisses she will prove that Mistah Sheffield was involved she will make sure Peter will share his fate.  Mistah Sheffield has a well played look. 

Anna and Chase get Baileylou. Anna starts crying. Maxie did this goes Anna. She convinced Peter to give up the baby.. Where did Peter and Maxie go? they see an earring with Baileylou

Austin is on the pier. he screams MAXIE! He calls the PCPD. about a kidnapping on the boat.

Peter triggers OCHD syndrome because of course he did  know that people would be looking for a boat so he's driving away with maxie. Maxie looks at her other earring.

Show ends.

• Love 10

I can honestly say that today was a good GH day.

I actually watched the episode instead of playing solitaire, which is a huge achievement and there was no fucking Carson drama to clubber the momentum of the episode. Everything was connected to the baby.

So, for a change, well done, writers. 

• Love 18

Good show today! I actually saw it in real time. It was so nice to get a well-deserved breather from the lame Sonny/Nina/Carly drama. Sadly, our reprieve will be brief as they are back on tomorrow, but today was good. I don't have much to say. I watched every segment even the Peter ones! LOL! 

When Maxie left Louise, I was hoping the police would be alerted so I'm glad there wasn't any drama w/that. I still wish Maxie had brought a gun or a knife w/her to end Peter for once and all but she played it as well as she could given the circumstances.

And, of course, Valentin reacted as I always knew he would, proving Maxie should have let Brook Lynn tell him like Brook Lynn wanted. Good episode! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 13

No Carly or Sonny always equals a good day.

The Finn/Liz/Chase/BLQ scenes were great. Have to give it to Amanda and Josh cause they have been killing it as of late.

At first, I wanted Maxie to kneed Peter when she hugged him, but I understood running away with Bailey is a risk. Wish she still bought a weapon with her, but toally got why she left Bailey in a safe place instead of bringing her with them

• Love 8

Daisy, just want to thank you for your daily summaries. You are awesome to do this, even when having a migraine. Kudos!

I have to agree that the show was great today and well worth watching. Just the characters that I enjoy and none of the others. The acting was excellent but can’t someone kill Peter? I honestly don’t care who does it at this point. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Missed a word
  • Love 13

Echoing everyone else’s comments…really good soap today (bonus no CarSon). I can not deal with how cute little BaileyLou is. Just sleeping away and futzing with her hat.  Adorbs.

I was totally tearing up with Brooklyn and Chase and their sads.  They seem more broken up about BaileyLou than Maxie.  I guess Maxie hasn’t really had the opportunity to bond properly with the baby, but what about her other two children??

Even with a really good show I still rolled my eyes at Laura’s smug little “can you blame Maxie for being mad?”  Umm, yes.  Actually I can because Maxie let this secret get out of control and Austin had no idea about anything so maybe shut it, Laura.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can honestly say that today was a good GH day.

I actually watched the episode instead of playing solitaire, which is a huge achievement and there was no fucking Carson drama to clubber the momentum of the episode. Everything was connected to the baby.

So, for a change, well done, writers. 

Lol I’ve noticed a trend that the 1 Sonny and Carly free day we get per week tends to be the most watchable. Listening to them talk about their marriage truly drags the show down even when they’re doing something soapy. 

• Love 15

Holy shit

Incredible episode and incredible acting, writing!

I like WR and he played it so well today, even being vulnerable.

Earring was brilliant.

I need a cigarette and a drink after that.

And besides Maxie and peter, loved Laura and victor scene.

• Love 13

Really enjoyed many scenes today, especially Brooklyn and Valentin. I really ship these two.

Also quite enjoyed Laura hugging Victor to discretely threaten him. I think GF and CS CO are having a great time with this.

As I mentioned before, I hate Maxie being a hostage to Peter but at least he can’t threaten their daughter while it’s happening now. KS was quite good, I confess to muting most of the Peter speaking parts though.

I thought Anna and Chase would be part of the hunt instead of just being baby picker uppers, not thrilled with Austin being the “saviour” in this scenario.

Edited by Desperado
Correcting initials.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol I’ve noticed a trend that the 1 Sonny and Carly free day we get per week tends to be the most watchable. Listening to them talk about their marriage truly drags the show down even when they’re doing something soapy. 

I thought for sure they would end up involving Sonny and Carly in Bailey's kidnapping where they'd start barking orders and look exasperated at the people trying to do their job.

I guess we still have some soap gods looking after us.

1 minute ago, Desperado said:

I thought Anna and Chase would be part of the hunt instead of just being baby picker uppers, not thrilled with Austin being the “saviour” in this scenario.

He isn't. Maxie and Peter aren't on the boat.  

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, seasons said:

Doesn't take much to claim an abandoned baby in Port Charles. Sheesh. 🤷

they had a missing child alert for Baileylou so when they saw the baby, they knew it was her and Anna and Chase id announce themselves as police and showed their badges. it wasn't really just "i imma here for the baby." "Oh here you go."

34 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Daisy, just want to thank you for your daily summaries. You are awesome to this, even when having a migraine. Kudos!

I have to agree that the show was great today and well worth watching. Just the characters that I enjoy and none of the others. The acting was excellent but can’t someone kill Peter? I honestly don’t care who does it at this point. 

thanks. it means a lot to have the thank yous.

it really was a great episode. but yah Peter legit needs to die and if the bullet can somehow find carly and sonny that would be mucho buneo

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Maxie should have asked Austin for a syringe of something to put Peter out. She could have jabbed him while they were hugging. Girl's only got one earring left to drop! 

If Peter is driving away cuz he knows all the boats are being stopped, why was he okay with Victor's plan to put him on a boat? He could have just driven away himself. Did he ever even give Victor the info about Drew?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

KS was quite good, I confess to muting most of the Peter speaking parts though.

I thought KS was very good today holding the dramatic tension and I kept thinking "how does she not break and lose it when Peter is speaking". Kudos for KS for keeping it together through those scenes.

ETA: Also I thought Chase was very good when he yelled "its my job to protect, I'm a police officer" or whatever the line was. Chase is usually nice and calm, but I think he pulled off these scenes.  NO overacting on his part.

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 12

Good writing to redeem both  Brook Lynn and Maxie after the baby fiasco. Also good acting on the part of AS and KSt.

Finn: We're not gods. That's the first thing they teach us in medical school." (Me: Really? Too soon then because I know some doctors who have forgotten it by the time the graduate.)

I thought that the reveals of Baileylou the last two days were really good but when they started all over again with Liz and Finn, I felt like it was too much. Enough already. It got better by the end of the episode, by which time it made sense for Finn (although not Liz) to be in the story.

51 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was totally tearing up with Brooklyn and Chase and their sads.  They seem more broken up about BaileyLou than Maxie.  I guess Maxie hasn’t really had the opportunity to bond properly with the baby, but what about her other two children??

Maxie doesn't have the opportunity to cry, she needs to deal with Peter and the fact that he has Louise. I thought the KSt did a really good job with all her scenes.

Maxie being willing to give up her connect to all three of her children to keep Louise safe reminded me of those parents in conflicts zones who are willing to give up their children to so that they can be safe. Many Jews in Europe sent their children to countries like England on their own while the English in large cities sent their children to the countryside or to America. The sad thing is that the children were gone so long that many didn't want to go back to their real parents when the war was over.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maxie being willing to give up her connect to all three of her children to keep Louise safe reminded me of those parents in conflicts zones who are willing to give up their children to so that they can be safe. Many Jews in Europe sent their children to countries like England on their own while the English in large cities sent their children to the countryside or to America. The sad thing is that the children were gone so long that many didn't want to go back to their real parents when the war was over.

You don't even have to go that far back in history. This still happens every day sadly and there's no end in sight.

Maybe I suck as a person, but I feel more for BL, Valentin and even Chase than I do for Maxie. I just don't feel sympathy when I remember how she threatened to cut people out of her life when they tried to warn her about Peter.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Peter legit needs to die

Unfortunately, I think the writers think of him like Faison and Helena where they never die, just go away for a few years until they need to use a big bad for their story.  Unfortunately, Wes Ramsey is NO Anders Hove or the ultra fantastic Constance Towers.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Holy shit

Incredible episode and incredible acting, writing!

I like WR and he played it so well today, even being vulnerable.

Earring was brilliant.

I need a cigarette and a drink after that.

And besides Maxie and peter, loved Laura and victor scene.

You guys weren’t kidding, today was really great. And I agree WR was good playing vulnerable and earnest. Maybe he’s only terrible when he tries to be menacing. 

I loved the Laura and Victor moment at the end, those two are soap legends. 

• Love 11

I want one person to bring up how stupid Maxie and Brook Lyn's plan was to not include Mac/Felicia/Anna.

I also want Valentin to hate Brook Lyn for letting him think a baby existed. The latter was just cruel to everyone including her family she just lucked out with Maxie being incredibly fertile.

Not acknowledging these things is taking out the drama of the story.

• Love 4

It cracks me up that BLQ and Chase are still reluctant to tell everyone that Bailey is Louise. She's been kidnapped; I think the gig is up. 

Maxie just needed to punch Peter in the nuts, grab Louise, and scream, and with "every available officer" of the PCPD looking for them, she should have been found pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, racked said:

And I agree WR was good playing vulnerable and earnest.

He was. I enjoy him in his scenery-chewing hamminess, but it was a relief to get a more grounded Peter for a bit.

That safe haven spot looked like a crematorium oven. Eesh, it was grim. 

Elizabeth's hair needed a good brushing. I liked the style, but it was a mess. Or maybe it needs a good moisturizing hair masque.

Victor's plaid coat was quite dapper. Mistah Sheffield know how to wear clothes.

Are there new breakdown writers or something? The show has been very soapy lately (save the Sonny/Carly nonsense) and well-written. The pacing, now that the secret is finally out to most, is pretty good, too.

Ugh, tomorrow we have to return to the Sonny/Carly follies, where he once again tries to force her to do what he wants. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Valentin in bed.  I'm good.  

5 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:
On 2/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, ciarra said:

now nothing about bi-polar meds, but if they're anything like antidepressants, wouldn't they need to build up in the blood, over a period of weeks, not minutes?

In my case, yes.

I am hoping Maxie throws Peter overboard.  I'm tired the Smimidley Whiplash crcter already ENOUGH.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, racked said:

I loved the Laura and Victor moment at the end, those two are soap legends. 

I knew when she asked for a hug she was going to say something, but that was really great.  LOL that no one believes Victor, he knows it, and just doesn't care.

46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously creepy. 

• Love 4
On 2/9/2022 at 7:34 PM, Jma14 said:

Sonny being impressed by Nina in a totally nonsensical way is kind of hilarious and wonderful. Imagine if they actually let him be nice to her and take her on fancy dates and stuff? 

Like for dinner at the Metro Court?

Today was great, everyone brought it (even WR was bearable). My only complaint is that the show keeps devoting time to watching new people hear the baby switch story. The audience knows, the key players whose reactions we needed to see have already found out, going forward the tale can be related off screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So, that’s it?  Maxie, Brook Lynn, and Chase will face no consequences or repercussions for their stupid plan, but instead will be called “brave” and all that other nonsense while all the blame is shifted toward Austin, who knew not a damn thing about what was going on?  Ridiculous.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It looked it was beside the red doors of Johnnie's (now Brando's) garage.  Johnnie's guys should have called it in.

• LOL 3

I must say, I'm always happy when Mr. Sheffield is on my screen, Charles Shaughnessy is just such a pro and so fun to watch.

And I looove a good "friendly greeting masks whispered threat" so I enjoyed Laura cheerfully delivering one to Mr. Sheffield.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

So, that’s it?  Maxie, Brook Lynn, and Chase will face no consequences or repercussions for their stupid plan, but instead will be called “brave” and all that other nonsense while all the blame is shifted toward Austin, who knew not a damn thing about what was going on?  Ridiculous.

okay. I'll bite. what repercussions do you want them to face?

Why was the plan stupid? Maxie wanted to convince Peter the baby was gone. They did that for basically a year. some of their actions were stupid. and the decision to at least not include Valentin at the very least. Maxie insisted not to investigate the loss (because of Peter maybe finding out) but they did it anyway (mostly because Maxie's related/great friends w/people on the force). 

Maxie had to take pot shots regarding her sanity for a year. When the plan started to unwravel, BLQ took many pot shots regarding her character. What other repercussions do you want them to face?

no one is really even blaming Austin -it was just terse, as maxie did point out if he wasn't so gung-ho about going after BLQ after Maxie asked him to just let things go. Not to mention even if Austin did know.  how it came out was actually innocent as all Sheffield asked was "how do you identify a sonogram if the name was missing."  Sheffield isn't a dumb man, so even if Austin prevaricated he would have gotten the information he needed anyway from Day Nurses/Doctors. 

• Love 8

Technically BLQ has committed fraud for filing paperwork for Bailey, but I don't even thing that the real world would prosecute for that under the circumstances.  Custodial Interference? Definitely, but Peter has not been in a position to assert parental rights, so.... probably not criminal.  Filing a false report by saying that the baby was kidnapped... yeah, but again would most likely not be prosecuted anyway.  Maybe a fine if anything if it came before a judge.  

And who in Port Charles is in a position to hold their feet to a fire about it, and why would they bother?

The real consequences are going to be the ones that they conveniently sidestepped with Wiley.  Bailey doesn't connect with Maxie, and she doesn't know how to sooth her or her personality quirks or anything.  And along with Val, who is already bereft about losing Bailey, BLQ and Chase (especially BLQ) are having the baby they have been raising ripped away.  Now, yes, BLQ knew it was coming all along, but it will still hurt her.

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm annoyed with today's episode (15 mins in) because I don't know if Bailey has gone home with BL and Chase of if she's going to live with Felicia and Mac until Maxie comes back. 

But Sonny and Carly are back with their angst. So all is good with the world.