Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

if she keeps sacrificing herself on his altar, my interest will fade very quickly.

They have got to stop writing Nina as having been willing to go to jail rather than upset Carly and Sonny. It's ridiculous. Thank Jasus she had a lawyer who hates the Corinthii and was willing to do what was necessary. Sonny not telling Carly about Mike's flirtation with Nina is not Nina's problem.

It's not up to Nina to repair the Sonny/Carly marriage. Liesl, Maxie, and Britt need to tie her to a chair and knock some sense into her, because Nina is off the rails right now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not up to Nina to repair the Sonny/Carly marriage. Liesl, Maxie, and Britt need to tie her to a chair and knock some sense into her, because Nina is off the rails right now.

Nina is not trying to repair Sonny/Carly's marriage. She is trying to prove to Sonny that her love is so pure and good that all she wants the best for him. Sonny has told her that he wants to be back with Carly and their family so she will do whatever to prove just how wonderful that love is. By doing so, she is able to have another endless conversation with Sonny and can once again remind him of their time together at Nixon Falls.

• Love 1

I really wish the role of Jason would’ve been stunt re-casted, maybe even before the wedding to Carly so that she could go to the new Jason instead of Drew and not just have to drop that storyline or have it be (seemingly) quickly rewritten for the worst.

Y&R was able to sign an actor with some primetime experience (Justin Hartley) to take over the Adam role when Michael Muhney exited and I think it worked out great for a good while.

I know they kept hoping Burton would get vaxxed but somewhere between the medical exemption request and the religious one, they should’ve seen the writing on the wall.

Even if losing his livelihood makes him finally get it, I really don’t want to watch him on GH again.

Anyhoo, here’s to a better New Year everyone!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Nina is not trying to repair Sonny/Carly's marriage. She is trying to prove to Sonny that her love is so pure and good that all she wants the best for him.

I disagree. She does believe that their love is the purest love that ever pured, and she is actively putting his interests first. But not as a strategy to get him back. (Although I’m sure she is open to the possibility.) She has actually convinced herself that Sonny’s happiness is more important than her own, and that she owes it to him to do whatever it takes to ensure that happiness (including going to jail), to make up for her terrible crime of not forcing him to seek his past despite his refusal to do so.

She was wrong, but so was he. And I’m tired of her playing the groveling martyr. It’s pathetic. That’s why I was so pleased to see her clap back at Willow. An easy target, to be sure, but at least for a hot minute Nina had a spine.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Y&R was able to sign an actor with some primetime experience (Justin Hartley) to take over the Adam role when Michael Muhney exited and I think it worked out great for a good while.

Justin Hartley would make an excellent recast Jason! Too bad that’s not a possibility. Also too bad so many bridges were (apparently) burned with Billy Miller. Taking over the role of Jason for realsies, and in a storyline where he would move to the forefront, would be good karmic revenge.

• Love 7
On 12/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, rur said:

I'm sure it's an autocorrect/typo, but I enjoyed it. I guess the unions in the North really are more powerful than the ones in the South! My union never guaranteed sex. 😉

I meant paid,  but maybe the PCPD has a really good union contract.

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

She was wrong, but so was he. And I’m tired of her playing the groveling martyr. It’s pathetic. That’s why I was so pleased to see her clap back at Willow. An easy target, to be sure, but at least for a hot minute Nina had a spine.

this is how i feel. like people are telling me that Nina is stalking Sonny and having everyone do their dirty work so she can be "innocent" and holding their NFConnection over his head so she can continue to feel special to sonny, and i am like what are you talking about. the only times Nina has been "sneaking around" is when she turns the corner and sees them so she wants to avoid confrontation.  it legit cheeses me offf that no one is tearing in Sonny that he also wants to keep "this connection" going.  (and it double cheeses me off that people STILL don't know that SONNY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HIS PAST. they spent so much time emphasizing that it needs to come out so all the tea is spilled. 

they were both wrong i'm just happy sonny is getting grief.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Justin Hartley would make an excellent recast Jason! Too bad that’s not a possibility. Also too bad so many bridges were (apparently) burned with Billy Miller. Taking over the role of Jason for realsies, and in a storyline where he would move to the forefront, would be good karmic revenge.

Billy Miller returning as the real Jason is what I wanted.   But I would be fine with a different actor taking the role.  I personally think Greg Vaughn would kill that roll, but I think some bridges were burned there too, and maybe since he already played Lucky it's not feasible either way.  It wouldn't bother me because I don't mind when actors change rolls, I consider GH like a play, so when Roger for example comes back in a new role, I don't care.  But a lot of fans take that really seriously.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I personally think Greg Vaughn would kill that roll, but I think some bridges were burned there too, and maybe since he already played Lucky it's not feasible either way.

and he's on days of our lives to boot. 

• Love 2

Billy Miller returning as the real Jason is what I wanted. 

It would be funny to have him reappear as the actual real Jason, having been imprisoned by Helena somewhere (c’mon, you know she’s still alive!) while her surgically created Jason doppelgänger was walking around PC in the form of Steve Burton. It would require too much revisionist history, including everything to do with Drew, but it would amuse me to have SB’s version somehow revealed as a fake/ mistake.

But again, never gonna happen because a) bridges, and b) I don’t think Jason will be recast at all because I think they’re still hoping SB will come to his senses and come home.

It wouldn't bother me because I don't mind when actors change rolls, I consider GH like a play, so when Roger for example comes back in a new role, I don't care.

I agree with this as well. Unless I hate the actor, I am fine with them taking multiple roles. But I can understand the frustration of someone who dislikes RoHo, for example, and now just sees him as a cockroach who can’t be killed. (This is not me. I like him.)

Speaking of Roger, I have been wondering what’s up with the Austin character. Except for a brief moment when he was about to infiltrate the Q’s, he has been existing only on the periphery of other people's stories. It’s been long enough that I’m curious if it’s intentional. Did he ask to return part time only? 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

How about we fix two problems with one recast. Kill Peter à la “Murder on the Orient Express” and have Wes Ramsay come back as Jason. Whichever version they want? We know TPTB don’t want to fire him and it would at least stop the “he can’t be killed so we have to dumb down beloved characters” charade and free Drew.

Too crazy, I know, but the status quo is so disheartening to me.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I've been around academics for a long time including being 24 years married to a sociology prof and I've never seen a professor enter a class so aggressively especially the first class of a course. It was very OTT but this is a soap opera after all.

I have the feeling that since the 1980s, actors who play professors use John Houseman's Dr. Kingsfield as a template.

• Useful 2

So I saw on Twitter that, of 243 episode of "General Hospital" this year, Carly was in 180 of them.  That's six straight months of Carly.  Y-I-K-E-S.

ETA...for context, Cynthia Watros was next at 145 episodes, then Maurice Bernard at 139.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I saw on Twitter that, of 243 episode of "General Hospital" this year, Carly was in 180 of them.  That's six straight months of Carly.  Y-I-K-E-S.

And of those episodes I wonder how many she was  likeable in .

In the late 70's early 80's  I am sure GF appeared in as many episodes as Laura but she was almost always likeable and even she didn't win all the tim

Edited by hcs
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, hcs said:

In the late 70's early 80's  I am sure GF appeared in as many episodes as Laura but she was almost always likeable and even she didn't win all the tim

In the late 70’s and early 80’s the writing was better too.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, hcs said:

In the late 70's early 80's  I am sure GF appeared in as many episodes as Laura but she was almost always likeable and even she didn't win all the time.

And GF was raising the ratings. Not even primetime shows back then got GH numbers. And it didn't go one for nearly 25 years, every single week. We got breaks when GF left the show and unceremoniously dumped in the early 2000.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And GF was raising the ratings. Not even primetime shows back then got GH numbers. And it didn't go one for nearly 25 years, every single week. We got breaks when GF left the show and unceremoniously dumped in the early 2000.

It wasn’t just Genie that helped the ratings. It was Gloria Monty and her giving the viewers the Ice Princess story and the Luke and Laura love story that catapulted the ratings and saved the soap from cancellation.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It wasn’t just Genie that helped the ratings. It was Gloria Monty and her giving the viewers the Ice Princess story and the Luke and Laura love story that catapulted the ratings and saved the soap from cancellation.

And who was front and center for both of storylines?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And who was front and center for both of storylines?

GF and Tony Geary, his later bitterness over not being able to find success outside of soaps notwithstanding. As unseemly as TG's attitude towards being part of the soap couple of the decade became, I don't think it's a diss towards Genie to point out that others contributed to the lightning in a bottle that Luke and Laura Spencer created. Where the people behind the scenes have gone wrong with Carly, especially Laura Wright's incarnation is that she's all gas and no brakes in addition to being on all the time and in stories where she has no business participating. I credit Wright with fully committing to the material, but Carly herself is a horrorshow nightmare of mammoth proportions.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...for context, Cynthia Watros was next at 145 episodes, then Maurice Bernard at 139.

Here's a deeper dive into that list. I'm cutting it off at the point when we get to fewer than ten appearances. 

1-10:

Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) – 180
Cynthia Watros (Nina Reeves) – 145
Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 139
Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) – 134
Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) – 115
Kelly Thiebaud (Dr. Britt Westbourne) – 113
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) – 112
Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) – 111
Finola Hughes (Anna Devane-109/Alex Marick-2) – 109
Katelyn MacMullen (Willow Tait) – 106

11-20: 
Amanda Setton (Brook Lynn Quartermaine) – 103
Josh Swickard (Det. Harrison Chase) – 102
Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Baldwin) – 98
Michael Easton (Dr. Hamilton Finn) – 94
Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall) – 92
Wes Ramsey (Peter August) – 91
Maura West (Ava Cassadine) – 90
Marcus Coloma (Nikolas Cassadine) – 88
Eden McCoy (Josslyn Jacks) – 88
Sydney Mikayla (Trina Robinson) – 86

21-30: 
Dominic Zamprogna (Dante Falconeri) – 86
Ingo Rademacher (Jasper “Jax” Jacks) – 84
Donnell Turner (Curtis Ashford) – 83
Brook Kerr (Dr. Portia Robinson) – 79
Roger Howarth (Franco Baldwin-23/Dr. Austin Gatlin-Holt-54) – 77
William Lipton (Cameron Webber) – 72
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) – 69
Briana Nicole Henry (Jordan Ashford) – 68
Sofia Mattsson (Sasha Gilmore) – 68
Nicholas Chavez (Spencer Cassadine) – 66

31-40: 
Johnny Wactor (Brando Corbin) – 64
Genie Francis (Laura Collins) – 63
Joyce Guy (Phyllis Caulfield) – 59
Lisa LoCicero (Olivia Quartermaine) – 58
Kathleen Gati (Liesl Obrecht) – 55
Jeff Kober (Cyrus Renault) – 49
Kin Shriner (Scott Baldwin) – 48
Sean Blakemore (Shawn Butler) – 44
Bonnie Burroughs (Gladys Corbin) – 44
Wallace Kurth (Ned Quartermaine) – 44

41-50: 
Avery Kristen Pohl (Esme Prince) – 39
Cameron Mathison (Drew Cain) – 32
Tajh Bellow (Dr. T.J. Ashford) – 31
Michael E. Knight (Martin Gray) – 31
Jon Lindstrom (Dr. Kevin Collins-24/Ryan Chamberlain-9) – 31
Kim Delaney (Jackie Templeton) – 30
Tristan Rogers (Robert Scorpio) – 29
Leslie Charleson (Dr. Monica Quartermaine) – 27
Rif Hutton (Lenny Caulfield) – 27
Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli) – 23

51-60: 
Haley Alexis Pullos (Molly Lansing) – 22
Vernee Watson (Stella Henry) – 21
Gregory Harrison (Gregory Chase) – 20
Robert Gossett (Marshall Ashford) – 18
Jophielle Love (Violet Barnes) – 17
Charles Shaughnessy (Victor Cassadine) – 17
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller) – 16
Cassandra James (Dr. Terry Randolph) – 15
Dan White (Elijah Crowe) – 15
Inga Cadranel (Harmony Miller) – 14

61-71: 
Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe) – 14
Arlondriah Lenyéa (N’Neka) – 14
Erik & Theodore Olson (Wiley Corinthos) – 14
John J. York (Mac Scorpio) – 14
Harper & Scarlett Bloom (Louise Jones) – 13
Lydia Look (Selina Wu) – 12
Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie Spencer) – 12
Réal Andrews (Marcus Taggert) – 11
Sonya Eddy (Epiphany Johnson) – 11
Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina Davis) – 10
Glenn Taranto (Vincent Novak) – 10

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

GF and Tony Geary, his later bitterness over not being able to find success outside of soaps notwithstanding. As unseemly as TG's attitude towards being part of the soap couple of the decade became, I don't think it's a diss towards Genie to point out that others contributed to the lightning in a bottle that Luke and Laura Spencer created. Where the people behind the scenes have gone wrong with Carly, especially Laura Wright's incarnation is that she's all gas and no brakes in addition to being on all the time and in stories where she has no business participating. I credit Wright with fully committing to the material, but Carly herself is a horrorshow nightmare of mammoth proportions.

I am well aware of the behind the scene history of this show. GF was raising the ratings before Tony Geary came with her pairing with KS. My point was there was a stronger reason that GF was featured so much in the 70s & 80s, not that GF somehow singlehandedly raised the ratings on GH by existing, if that was true it would be happening now. If you want to get technical, it looks like the firing of Denis Alexander in the 80s conceded with Y&R overtaking GH. It doesn't seem there is much that Carly does for the show any longer, especially with the amount of screen time she gets. 

• Love 2

I’ve always been conflicted with Cary because I’m a huge fan of Laura Wright off the show. I like that she commits to the role and to daytime in general. That said, the show makes it so shard too like Carly. Maybe, we aren’t supposed to but even “loving” doesn’t even make her redeemable. She’s written as a total hypocrite on everything which makes you hate even more. The show obviously loves her thus all the air time she gets. She’s FV cheerleader that FV hired her boyfriend in a parking lot. I’m curious to see if Sonny & Nina hit the sheets in his drunken binge or will Nina hold him or herself back. Of course, Carly’s head will explode and she’ll be hooking up with nuDrew. His height is perfect for her. LOL!!!

• Love 5

Carly has always had a big fan base. I think the loud, aggressive, pushy, "I get what I want" type of female character appeals to a lot of women who still watch daytime, either because that's the kind of person they are (but they aren't running a luxury hotel and living in a mansion; they're just being rude to servers and store clerks) or they're not like that at all but have always wanted to be. 

It's fine to have a character like that, but it works best when there's balance. At other times in the past, when Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun were playing the character, I still thought there was too much Carly, but Alexis was in a lot of front-burner stories, or Liz was, Skye was, etc. 

The way it is now, look at the top ten actors in that list above. Carly, Sonny, and Jason (even with his exit near the end of the year) are near the top. Michael is #8. Britt, Nina, and Willow are top ten because they were connected to Jason, Sonny, and Michael.

So if you were not watching for the Corinthoses and their satellites, your best bet for a distraction was...Maxie. How did I not miss many more episodes in 2021? 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Love 2

Luke & Laura, together and separately, had huge fanbases of their own. However, GH realized that Luke & Laura who had kids where different people than the globe trotting Luke & Laura of the '80s and adjusted accordingly, making them both pillar type figure. (Of course once Guza got complete control, he joyously gave into TG demand that Luke becomes this grifter traveler that sends his daughter to raised by her grandmother. )

Carly, Jason & Sonny are/were almost exactly the same, even after 25 years, except with more money. The show treats them as underdogs, even though they are anything but. The worst part is the show doesn't acknowledge. I think that Carly being such a terrible immature brat would work better if she was acknowledge as what she is.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 9
On 12/6/2021 at 5:15 PM, perkie1968 said:

My condolences.  My sister in law passed suddenly Nov 22nd after not responding  to bone cancer treatement.  Funeral was last week.  My bro in law had plans to go to work today because he said he can't sit at home and stare at her pictures on the walls all day.  

My sincere condolence to you both

• Love 3

Today's Show

Wow Mac and Felicia. They took them out of the closet! They are chatting with Kevin and Laura. Maxie and Anna are chewing the fat. Maxie apologizes to Anna for being "harsh" in regards to Peter.  Felicia sees Maxie is like. "Maxie. let Anna and me do what we do best and bring your baby back." 

Wait when Felicia and Anna stop being friends? Anyway Maxie goes I don't need y'all to be find Louise. Louise will be here with us i know it. (I'm just wondering why people are asking Maxie. just look for the baby). Felicia is like nah. I was mad about you and peter but if it were reversed I'd do the same thing, but i'd probably (hope)i'd give you a heads up. they both go we can probably find something that everyone missed. Maxie looks scared. mac asked her what's up. Maxie goes i'm fine.

Mac wants to know if if it's true that cyrus found religion. Kevin and Laura scoff (oh shut up.  you are okay w/Sonny but it's just so crazy that Cyrus found religion? whatever. they are focused on Mistah Sheffield though. Laura and Kevin are thinking they can get Val to be on Team Laura and go against Victor. Kevin is bored and wants sexytimes with his wife. 

Mistah Sheffield goes to visit Peter. Britt stops him. Mistah Sheffield has a zinger in regards to Jason being dead. (hahaha). Mistah Sheffield is rubbing it in and he's like but i was innocent because i was in custody. Austin is checking in on Peter and peter grabs his arm. (BLEGH) He's out of his coma and wants to see Mistah Sheffield. Mistah sheffield is wanting split, Britt goads him, and he decides to go see Peter. Mr Sheffield goes you are alive, did you learn this from your father? Peter rasps you betrayed me. Mr Sheffield points out you betrayed me first. And points out he's the only who can.  Mr Sheffield says i don't want anything... it's more of who. (i'm assuming Drew). Apparently drew has/knows something. 

Carly and Drew are missing Jason on the bridge. Drew says he doesn't really do NY since he was captured. Drew tells Carly he's a good listener. Carly goes I have no one to turn to. Drew goes because Jason is dead, and I amhere. Carly looks at him and tells him no, jason knew he risks. okay info dumps. boring, move on. Carly goes Brit made him go to Greece but i probably could have given him a reason to stay. ahuh. Drew goes what. 

Nina drops Sonny somewhere. (it looks like the old penthouse). Nina is not leaving him. Sonny is getting more drunk. Sonny shouts "Hi Honey I'm home." Nina gets infodumped about the old place. (Oh this is Stone's old place). Sonny is like the eff i'm telling you about this. Nina is like i'm not your enemy, i didn't know Willow was going to testify. Sonny goes BUT YOU KNEW SHE KNEW. You didn't give me a heads up (you told Nina not to text you anymore, you moron). Nina was all I thought it was over. Sonny is like that's half the truth. Nina is like stop getting drunk. Sonny's likewhatever my hangover. Nina is like. whatever i can't help you like this and she (smartly) decides to leave. Sonny stops her. 

Sonny is like don't you want to know what happened? Nina is like um no that's between you and Carly. Sonny slurs it's between us too. Nina goes. "fine tellme everything." Sonny tries and can't. Nina is like no matter how mad-sad-drunk you are you can't betray carly. you are not at home and with a woman who is not your life. 

Sonny keeps making excuses of why he didn't say.  Nina goes i wish there was anything she can do. Sonny screams like what, telling Carly we fell in love. Nina starts to cry, and Sonny goes, you can't do anything. Carly can't get past is what I kept from her. 

Sonny goes, Carly thinks i'm lying to myself. Nina mutters something that I can't hear.  Nina is like whatever i don't care i didn't mean to as that. Whatever happened in Nixon Falls is over buried with the ashes of the Tan-O

Alexis is having a pity partywith some champagne at Charlie's. Harmony is there. She lets us know that Willow couldn't even be bothered to call her to wish her HNY or send her a picture of Wiley or even text. then she confuses NY with Superbowl which Alexis catches. hahha. Harmony right now doesn't have time for Alexis's pity party and snaps you need to help yourself. Alexis is like whatever. And Harmony claps back you came here hoping Kristina was here and she would stop you from drinking.  Harmony walks it back though. they apologize, they decide t be friendish again and Harmony splits. 

Britt calls Mac, Mac tells everyone and Maxie has oh no face. Felicia and Maxie are like let's go. 

Austin is like do you think they are killing each other or planning world domination. Brit is quiet. Austin laughs and goes wait did you? they are bonding. Austin is like.i don't think you are the Britch. 

Anna calls Val and lets him know Petah is alive. they need to figure out their next steps (KILL HIM). 

Mac and Felicia want answers. Austin promises Maxie Peter won't be a threat for her and Louise. 

Peter says only if Mistah Sheffield gets him Maxie and Louise will Mr Sheffield get Drew. Mac throws Mr Sheffield out. they share a look and Mr Sheffield nods. 

Carly goes i appreciate you but yeah no go your way, I'll go mine. Drew goes i won'tpush and leaves. Carly starts to follow him but turns around. 

Sonny tells Nina to leave but it's getting late. Nina says she hopes Carly and he works things out. Sonny looks hungover. I am surprised no barware was damaged in this episode. 

TRACY IS BACK!  
Omg. They killed Luke?! (Tracy goes he's gone) Genie deploys Crying Mode!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I loved Carly's coat.

Drew, walk away from Carly. Nothing good comes from getting involved with Carly in any way. 

27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

TRACY IS BACK!  

WHAT? That has to be a tease.

I love all the women in their sparkly dresses.

Alexis, find an AA meeting or three and go to them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This is so stupid.

Why would Maxie turn down the offer of help to find Baby Louise from Anna and Felicia?

Like someone said earlier, it really seems like Mistah Sheffield is thoroughly enjoying playing Victor and I'm loving it! 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

that's what I thought.... but the previews, man...
we'll know more tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, seasons said:

Why would Maxie turn down the offer of help to find Baby Louise from Anna and Felicia?

because if they look, they'll find her. but maxie has to realize her behaviour of "meh, i know she'll be home soon." is very suspect too

• Love 6

It must be a fakeout. I can't believe that they would kill Luke when Peter outlives the cockroaches.

Drew asks Carly if there is something that she could have said to make Jason stay. I guess they doesn't know that Jason was desperate to leave and get away from Carly and the mess with Sonny.

Victor to Peter: Someone wants you dead.    Me :Many of us, especially me.

Harmony, the reason you're alone tonight is because your daughter is a shitty person.

46 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly goes i appreciate you but yeah no go your way, I'll go mine. Drew goes i won't push and leaves. Carly starts to follow him but turns around. 

Run Drew, run! Take the 'get out of jail free' card and run.

17 minutes ago, seasons said:

Because she knows where Louise is and that she's safe and Maxie's afraid that if Anna and Felicia find out, Peter could too and steal her away. Maxie needs to tell Anna and Felicia that she doesn't want Louise found until Peter is either safely locked up or safely dead.

@sacrebleu, the buche de Noel worked out happily enough that I was asked to make it again, although I could use decorating help from Aiden.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Daisy said:
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

that's what I thought.... but the previews, man...
we'll know more tomorrow. 

I saw the preview—yikes. I can't imagine Tracy would let Laura sob if Luke weren't dead. I have to say I don't see the point of killing Luke offscreen, but with this fakakta show, who knows what's going on. 

It must be something of a novelty for LW to be able to look up at a screen partner, LOL.

• Love 4

Thanks for your help on my Maxie/Baby Louise question!

Just weird the way Maxie doesn't accept help. Should be written better than just that she has faith Louise will be back this time next year or whatever.

Oh no WTF is with Tracy's hair?!? Heidi braid and grey?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh no WTF is with Tracy's hair?!? Heidi braid and grey?

I was coming here for that!

It took me a couple minutes to figure out this episode wasn't a repeat lol!

MB"s acting was bad again. I just didn't get the scene with him and Nina, it made no sense.

The dresses were sparkly overload. Nina looked the worst actually. Her dress seemed to be ill fitting or something. She seemed like she couldn't stand up straight in it.

Wow so many single people out after midnight. I would just go home and go to bed.

• Love 3

Tracy appears to literally have her '70s Marland hair back.

This is Luke and Tracy, so IMO it's got to be a fakeout. If it's not what a damp squib and I wonder why they did it now.

• Love 6

I'll say this - 

Nina + Sonny is much as a let down as Millowtonin getting caught for cheating. like for god's sakes. Carly is pissed off that Sonny and Nina swapped spit and lied to her. I honestly legit was expecting there to be some nekkid time today between those two, or at least a deep kiss or something. Nina bleating "all i want is you two to be happy." and Sonny bleating "it's jason's fault why I lied to my wife." is boring. Have sex and be a couple already. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

1-10:

Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) – 180
Cynthia Watros (Nina Reeves) – 145
Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 139
Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) – 134
Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) – 115
Kelly Thiebaud (Dr. Britt Westbourne) – 113
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) – 112
Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) – 111
Finola Hughes (Anna Devane-109/Alex Marick-2) – 109
Katelyn MacMullen (Willow Tait) – 106

One doctor in the top ten.  Three of the top four wake up every morning and their day includes beating/extorting/etc.  up on people with no recourse to go to the police.  They are remorseless criminals. 

Want the ratings to increase FV/TPTB?  It is soooo easy  -  remove the Corinthos blight from this show.  There are plenty of talented actors to carry the show forward.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 11

Except for the fact that JE has said that she’s “retired” from acting, I would hope that Luke’s death would mean a return to PC for Tracy. I’d love it if she came back for good.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I couldn’t even process the news of Luke maybe being dead because I was to busy trying to process Tracy’s swiss miss braids.  The hell was that?!

I loved it. Those braids ARE Tracy. Especially pre-Luke Tracy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I always figured AG wouldn't be able to resist a high-profile return at some point.  I wonder if they are really killing him off?  I suppose he is quite old at this point.  Also, Covid.  So maybe. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

TRACY IS BACK!  

I won't believe Luke is dead until I see the bastard die, see his dead body, watch his burial, and then check in with his rotting,  but identifiable corpse via a remote camera, six months later.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I saw the preview—yikes. I can't imagine Tracy would let Laura sob if Luke weren't dead. I have to say I don't see the point of killing Luke offscreen, but with this fakakta show, who knows what's going on. 

It must be something of a novelty for LW to be able to look up at a screen partner, LOL.

It makes no sense to kill off Luke, off screen, when Lucky and Lulu aren't even on the show. I mean of course poor Laura would cry, but Bobbie and Tracy are the only character on the canvas who would really care (and Robert, if he's around -- I've lost track). 

23 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Except for the fact that JE has said that she’s “retired” from acting, I would hope that Luke’s death would mean a return to PC for Tracy. I’d love it if she came back for good.

I think she just comes back often enough to keep her SAG benefits.

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I loved it. Those braids ARE Tracy. Especially pre-Luke Tracy.

How do I not remember that??  I remember in the eighties/nineties she had like an asymmetrical bob and then when she returned last time she had a sleek grey cut. I don’t remember the braids. Maybe I blocked it out, lol!

• Love 2

I guess the show realized we actually had a bit of excitement last week with the courtroom reveal and god knows they can't have that, so they dialed it back down to bland and sleepy. 

You would think with his stammering, long pauses, and staring off into space, Mo would be able to pull off acting drunk, but he doesn't even do that well! 

So glad to see Tracy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

How do I not remember that??  I remember in the eighties/nineties she had like an asymmetrical bob and then when she returned last time she had a sleek grey cut. I don’t remember the braids. Maybe I blocked it out, lol!

You're just not as elderly as me ;)  Here is the iconic "pill withholding scene," but in general we always saw her with this hair in her first couple of years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4